Two question that bother me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two question that bother me!

To start with, I LOVE the show. Don't think they could have made it better.
    Watching Richard Dean Anderson in action, making him such a funny and lovable character, so you can get attached so easily.

Now to the questions part –

According to the first movie, which the show is basically based on; in order to dial to ANY address you need 6 symbols and a point of origin right?
    Daniel wasn't able to dial back to earth at the beginning of the movie because he hadn't found the symbol that represents the point of origin for that planet right? Then, if the stargate is based on that, how come they can travel back to earth from any planet if they don't have the point of origin?
    The only solution I can think of is that the list of address they have contains the points of origin as well in order for them to be able to get back.
    But this still doesn't explain how they gated back from so many planets where they were captured and there was no possible way for them to know the point of origin of that planet…So how did they travel back?

Question number two –

Throughout the entire series, well, probably until they met the Ori, Daniel was able to point out the exact Goa'uld and his history ON earth.
    Now, if those Goa'uld's took the names of the Egyptian gods, does this mean that throughout history, all those Goa'uld's were present on earth impersonator as gods? How is that possible? I thought only Ra and his wife Hathor were present on earth during the Egyptian times. If most of the Goa'uld system lords ever knew about Earth before SG1 went through the gate, they would certainly slave the population before it reached that massive growth in numbers.

I just don't understand how they could have taken the names of the past gods, and how our history is filled with references of them.

Thanks.

1. The point of orgin in unique for each gate. So by default the symbol not common to other DHDs is the point of origin for that planet. In Abydos it was the first time but over time Daniel especially knows what symbols are common and not

2.No. They just took the name of the mythological gods at some point. Note not all Goa'uld are Egyptian gods. They just at some point took on the persona of that mythlogical figure but they are not responsible for all the myths responible for that god
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Then how do you explain that the names they took are in our history? If they didn't visit earth at some point, there so no possible way for them to know those names. Plus, there was an episode where there was a church, and the people in that world believed in Christianity, but that religion only started about 2000 years ago... How do you explain that?

Comment

Originally posted by AlonNt View Post
        Then how do you explain that the names they took are in our history? If they didn't visit earth at some point, there so no possible way for them to know those names. Plus, there was an episode where there was a church, and the people in that world believed in Christianity, but that religion only started about 2000 years ago... How do you explain that?
        The other names are probably from word of mouth. Ra mentioned some other Goa'uld and people though 'oh he must be another God since our God knows him.' You get the idea. Other Goa'uld might have visited too. We know for a fact that Seth was still on Earth. Ra has a meeting of the Gods type thing.

Comment

that sounds a lil other there....

What about the Christianity world?

Comment

I thought someone in the episode made a reference that the Goa'uld may have taken the people through the Antarctic gate to that planet, but I'm not 100% sure on this. Does anyone else remember anything like this?

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

I have the episode, so I can check it out, but still the other Goa'ulds and their refrences in our history is weird.

Comment

That had something to do with Sokar being the devil i think

All the other Goa'uld (Or a few at least) may have come here at one point to get human slaves (not just from Egypt). They've used Celtic, Indian, Chinese and Greek gods.
                Other Goa'uld may have got their Earth God names from the slaves or their decendants who were traded and relocated throughout the Galaxy, and thought it a good way to keep them in check.
                sigpic

Comment

The general idea is that the Antarctic gate was able to be access from time to time, and as a result the Goa'uld were able to come here. It was either mentioned in that same episode with Christianity or an episode after it, but they definitely talked about it.

That is why Sokar had taken over the role of the Devil, why he was ruling over a Christianity community and also why Merlin was able to get people off world like himself (after taking human form), Arthur, spread the legend on both Earth and offworld, and other things connected to the Sangraal.

sigpic

Comment

there were g'ould found at the artic gate in that episode.

Comment

I wouldn't look to deeply into this, names are fairly arbitrary things and it doesn't matter too much if they were never on earth to enact that deity's malevolence.
                      Das guy eating vegetabbles, says 'Waock!' and nice guy obliteratio for sudden.

I always hated that saying...

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                        The general idea is that the Antarctic gate was able to be access from time to time, and as a result the Goa'uld were able to come here. It was either mentioned in that same episode with Christianity or an episode after it, but they definitely talked about it.

That is why Sokar had taken over the role of the Devil, why he was ruling over a Christianity community and also why Merlin was able to get people off world like himself (after taking human form), Arthur, spread the legend on both Earth and offworld, and other things connected to the Sangraal.

I'm not sure how they ended up with the Christian world. The gate was long buried by then. Perhaps a ship came and scooped up the village and the Goauld never mentioned he found Earth.

The Arthurian stuff they got sooooooooo wrong timeline-wise that I just pretend it didn't exist.
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Just in reference to the PoO question, id imagine if I were an ancient Id put the PoO on each DHD in the same place, therefore allowing you to know what it is without knowing the symbol
                          I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Working...
                          X