X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The SG-1 "Neutral Zone"

OK Folks!
    We already have various Pro-Ship/Anti-Ship and Pro-Character "X"/Against -Character "X" discussion threads here.Not a problem,IMO! There is a "gap" though,which I feel can be bridged.To wit:The Non-Ship/Non Hate-Figure angles vis our favourite Show !

To achieve this aim,I've come up with "The SG-1 Neutral Zone".
    This is designed for all those GW Posters who want to talk freely about their views on any general Stargate topic: eg.Plot ideas,plot holes,what they want in Season 8..etc...the rule being free discussion, WITHOUT resorting to attacks or defence of ANY Ship pairings.No grudges either!

Ideally if we all agree to dispense with the apparent "My Side v Your Side" stuff ,this should be a friendly place to air our views about the Show and its characters without hostility breaking out!

Purely IMO,there are too many wonderful areas of discussion here,to spend our time worrying about "Siding" with any one POV !Or "Stereotyping" each other,either.

So go for it,Gater Pals,and let's see some "Tolerance".Please .Pretty Please?
    Let's all "Play Nice"!
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Ok ....Do you see any patterns emerging regarding where Stargate sg1 season 8 is heading to "Alias" and "the x-files" ..cuz I do....on several plotlines...

And you!!!!!

Caty

Comment

i see what you mean and i hope not cos frankly im getting a bit board with alias

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        Ok ....Do you see any patterns emerging regarding where Stargate sg1 season 8 is heading to "Alias" and "the x-files" ..cuz I do....on several plotlines...

And you!!!!!

Caty
        Hi Caty!

I'm not an "Alias" watcher,so I can't express any opinion there!Sorry!

As for the X-Files,there have already been some similarly themed episodes.(Nightwalkers and Resurrection as good examples) I enjoyed both of these episodes very much, and won't be too surprised to find similar themes in Season 8.

IMO,the underlying "Conspiracy" theories in the X-Files are rather similar to the SG1 Rogue NID themes and shadowy back room figures, seen coldly plotting the downfall of Hammond ,and trying to frame Jack for the attempted
        "Assassination" of Senator Kinsey in "Smoke and Mirrors".

I loved that episode,but it was so like the X-Files,I expected to see the Cigarette-Smoking Man turn up at any moment!

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
          Hi Caty!

I'm not an "Alias" watcher,so I can't express any opinion there!Sorry!

As for the X-Files,there have already been some similarly themed episodes.(Nightwalkers and Resurrection as good examples) I enjoyed both of these episodes very much, and won't be too surprised to find similar themes in Season 8.

IMO,the underlying "Conspiracy" theories in the X-Files are rather similar to the SG1 Rogue NID themes and shadowy back room figures, seen coldly plotting the downfall of Hammond ,and trying to frame Jack for the attempted
          "Assassination" of Senator Kinsey in "Smoke and Mirrors".

I loved that episode,but it was so like the X-Files,I expected to see the Cigarette-Smoking Man turn up at any moment!

Well .....Kinsey is a little bit like cancer man...he doesn' t smoke though..
          !! and yes "Nightwalkers" reminded me of" roadrunners" when Scully got made a prisonner in that small town and they stick a slug in her back....and they were all weirdos walking at nigth...and in "Resurrection" I saw Sam as scully and Barrett as Mulder ...and when Sam is looking at the partially developped fetuses ..well I saw Scully in "Per manum" looking at the same jars.

I loved the x-files ..and the movie too (Damm Bee )

The conspiracy and the NID . yes ..... and the framing that they did on Mulder and Jack ...another one .

Also Mulder was a responsible Guy but he also was a joker like Jack and did put Scully down occasionnaly at the beginning of the series ..She.... like Sam always took it very well and didn't care much.

And the Sam story ARC (the Tokra (Jolinar)..which left her with some side effects) was as brilliant as Scully story Arc ( The alien abduction with her cancer)

I'll try to think of other similarities....but those ones are excellent.

Mulder has been court martialled though and sentenced to death by lethal injection... wonder If jack will ever be court martialled one day!!!!!!...I don't suppose so because of his rank..but hey Mulder was wearing orange and I so can see Jack wearing that color too

Caty
          Last edited by Catysg1; 14 May 2004, 04:22 AM.

Comment

I think that there are X-Files similaritys but the X-Files conspiracy was alot darker and stranger than the one currently arising in SG1. I.e. if the X-Files conspiracy is completly copied it would end up with the government signing a deal with the Asgard to create asgard human hybrids. Although what with the Asgards cloning problem this plotline doesn't sound so far fetched.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
              I think that there are X-Files similaritys but the X-Files conspiracy was alot darker and stranger than the one currently arising in SG1. I.e. if the X-Files conspiracy is completly copied it would end up with the government signing a deal with the Asgard to create asgard human hybrids. Although what with the Asgards cloning problem this plotline doesn't sound so far fetched.

I thought about this cloning thing too..very x-filish ( season 9).

Seems to be a plotline in Stagate too.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
                ...end up with the government signing a deal with the Asgard to create asgard human hybrids. Although what with the Asgards cloning problem this plotline doesn't sound so far fetched.
                In Unnatural Selection, wasn't there some line about Loki's 'unsanctioned' experiments. And the reply "There are *sanctioned* ones?"

Or am I just misremembering in technocolour?

Comment

A few things.
                  S6
                  s
                  p
                  o
                  i
                  l
                  e
                  r
                  s
                  p
                  a
                  c
                  e
                  Yes SG1 has gone into X Files territory a few times - particularly with Nightwalkers - and got away with it IMO.
                  S8
                  s
                  p
                  e
                  c
                  s
                  p
                  a
                  c
                  e
                  It might also go into Alias territory as well in Endgame. We'll see how that turns out.

I can't help thinking though about a fanfic character of mine called Rick Francis(who also appears in Thunk - you either know him or you don't) and realising that if he really did exist in the same canon reality as SG1 Hammond and Jack would just keep him on a nice little retainer so that the likes of The Trust WOULDN'T have to be dealt with by SG1!
                  I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Spoiler space for season 7
                    I am sure that the Asgard were designed to look as they do so that the "alien abduction" storyline was available. Thor himself made a reference to Jack's DNA being important, which was why the cloning procedure failed, and the mini Jack came about. This therefore points to the Asgard having monitored the evolution of the Human race for some time, and maybe a little bit of manipulation. The Asgard need some serious re-sequencing of their own DNA, and the easiest way would be to splice some fresh, compatable DNA from a donor species. The fact that they were obviously working in secret, until Jack fell through the gate and met them, makes me wonder how good the Good Guys really are.

Or am I just paranoid?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maboroshi
                      In Unnatural Selection, wasn't there some line about Loki's 'unsanctioned' experiments. And the reply "There are *sanctioned* ones?"

Or am I just misremembering in technocolour?
                      spoiler space season 7

That was from "Fragile Balance" during the confrontation with "Loki".He'd made the remark about having gotten into trouble for conducting "unsanctioned" experiments ,to which "Jack "replied "You mean there are [sanctioned] ones?
                      Needless to say the whole incident left the "Colonel" quite Irked .
                      nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Thanks nugglebugget. I remembered the reference vaguely, but I'm at work and couldn't pop in the DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by nugglebugget
                          spoiler space season 7

That was from "Fragile Balance" during the confrontation with "Loki".He'd made the remark about having gotten into trouble for conducting "unsanctioned" experiments ,to which "Jack "replied "You mean there are [sanctioned] ones?
                          Needless to say the whole incident left the "Colonel" quite Irked .
                          LOL! I'm not surprised Jack was "Quite Irked"!I can't say I'd be too pleased at the Asgard playing around with my D.N.A either,especially if I couldn't get at any coffee- I NEED my Caffeine way too much!

More seriously,I wondered if "Clone Jack" would find life as a Teenager harder or easier ,given that he had Real Jack's memories?

Although he was attempting to live his own life, could he find himself in trouble if any of Earth's enemies, or "The Trust", decided he might be useful as a source of information,once they used a memory recall device on him?

Hmmm..some scope for Clone Jack to feature again,IMO!

Comment

More seriously,I wondered if "Clone Jack" would find life as a Teenager harder or easier ,given that he had Real Jack's memories?
                            I think he would probably find it quite hard to ajust to having to be a teenager again, at least at first, as he would have to un-learn all his 50 year old thinking, and learn to like the things that the youth of today like. And no beer! And school!

On the other hand , his world-wiseness would help in the romance dept.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think it'd be very hard. Forget those lofty concerns, such as the balance of the universe, etc, and consider the mundane. Like with whom would he hang out, or whom would he date? I thought it quite "ewww"-worthy when "Clone Jack" was checking out those girls at the end of Fragile Balance. No wonder "Real Jack" was giving him weird looks.
                              In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                              X