PDA

View Full Version : Fringe Renewed for 3rd Season

Madwelshboy
March 6th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Exclusive: 'Fringe' picked up for a third season

Sci-fi fans who may be concerned about the state of the genre on network TV (we’re looking at you, V and FlashForward) have at least one reason to rejoice: EW has learned exclusively that Fox has picked up Fringe for a third season. Though the show isn’t exactly blowing the roof off of Nielsen — it’s been averaging just 7.6 million viewers and is ranked No. 50 in the all-important adults 18-49 demographic this season — it managed to survive in a tough new time period on Thursdays.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/03/06/exclusive-fringe-picked-up-for-a-third-season/

starhearted
March 6th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I am glad it wil be around next year. I enjoy it a lot. I intend to get it on DVD as each season is released. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

chrono trigger
March 6th, 2010, 12:46 PM
im very happy about this i didnt think it would get renewed

Pharaoh Atem
March 6th, 2010, 02:49 PM
:vala:

Killdeer
March 6th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Very good news. :) I sometimes struggle with the "gross factor" on this show (this is, quite honestly, about the darkest show I watch - my preferences tend toward lighter fare), but I love the characters and the parallel universe arc, so I'm glad to see it will still be around to keep telling that story. :)

pisces27
March 6th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I love this show, I'm so glad to hear it's been renewed for another season. More weirdness, more looney loveable Walter.

LtColCarter
March 6th, 2010, 05:22 PM
I love this show, I'm so glad to hear it's been renewed for another season. More weirdness, more looney loveable Walter.

Woo-hoo!

I'm glad its been renewed too!

magictrick
March 6th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Yes! Great news!

Krisz
March 6th, 2010, 08:34 PM
This is great news! :) I really felt that if this show was dropped then what else would there be to look forward to. Many shows that I thought were really different and had great interesting characters seemed to be dropped after 2 seasons. I'm glad some sense has prevailed in the TV industry in this case!

Long may the weirdness, and of course the lovely Walter and his whacky view of the universe and all its mysteries continue!

the fifth man
March 6th, 2010, 08:35 PM
This is indeed great news.:) I love this show, and really look forward to them telling more of this wonderful story next season. I think FOX made a wise decision.

Sp!der
March 7th, 2010, 01:16 AM
YEEEEEEES! although i seen very little of season two, i am very happy that it got a season three, i hope they can develop the arc more and set an end date. I only hope that jj abrams does not butcher this like he did with his alias season 4-5 crap.

the fifth man
March 7th, 2010, 06:15 PM
YEEEEEEES! although i seen very little of season two, i am very happy that it got a season three, i hope they can develop the arc more and set an end date. I only hope that jj abrams does not butcher this like he did with his alias season 4-5 crap.

I don't see this show being "butchered".

Dusk
March 8th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Fringe fans rejoice! Fantastic news!! In other news, Abrams says Season 2 finale will outdo the first, in a deeper way... http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/how-fringe-promises-to-sh.php

Sp!der
March 8th, 2010, 04:28 AM
I don't see this show being "butchered".

ok. ^^, i hope it stays that way.

LtColCarter
March 8th, 2010, 06:18 AM
This is indeed great news.:) I love this show, and really look forward to them telling more of this wonderful story next season. I think FOX made a wise decision.

For once...they did!

Madwelshboy
March 8th, 2010, 11:26 AM
“Fringe’s” Third Season Pick-up Is a Full Season (22 Episode) Order

There were several comments wondering about whether the third season renewal for Fringe was a full season order of 22 episodes or a 13 episode pick-up. Since none of the stories I’d seen or the press release touched on it, it was a reasonable question. So I asked FOX. It is a full season pick-up with an order for 22 episodes.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/08/fringes-third-season-pick-up-was-a-full-season-22-episode-order/44210

the fifth man
March 8th, 2010, 06:32 PM

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/08/fringes-third-season-pick-up-was-a-full-season-22-episode-order/44210

Very nice! Thanks for the confirmation, Madwelshboy.:)

LtColCarter
March 9th, 2010, 09:27 AM

Woo-hoo! Awesome...

the fifth man
March 9th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Woo-hoo! Awesome...

Indeed!:D 22 more amazing episodes to look forward to.

LtColCarter
March 10th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Indeed!:D 22 more amazing episodes to look forward to.

Now I need to buy seasons 1 & 2 on DVD to entertain myself until season 3 comes out. Of course, we need to finish season 1 first.

Replicator Todd
March 10th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Good thing, I have not watched this show yet but I plan on getting the first season soon and starting. Its good to see FOX is finally sticking with a show instead of ending it.

LtColCarter
March 11th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Good thing, I have not watched this show yet but I plan on getting the first season soon and starting. Its good to see FOX is finally sticking with a show instead of ending it.

I agree! I think you'll really enjoy the show. I know I've enjoyed the 1.5 seasons I've seen so far! Just waiting for the 2nd half of season 2 to start!

the fifth man
March 11th, 2010, 05:18 PM
I agree! I think you'll really enjoy the show. I know I've enjoyed the 1.5 seasons I've seen so far! Just waiting for the 2nd half of season 2 to start!

The wait is torture, isn't it? Especially with how things ended.

LtColCarter
March 12th, 2010, 06:29 AM

Yes it is! Imagine the wait between the 2nd and 3rd seasons! :(

the fifth man
March 12th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Yes it is! Imagine the wait between the 2nd and 3rd seasons! :(

Don't go there! I do not want to think about that yet.

Ian-S
March 15th, 2010, 06:33 AM

Oh but it's gonna be worth it ;)
They run a trailer during the Nascar at Atlanta and I was like "woooooooooooooooooooot!"

LtColCarter
March 15th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Oh but it's gonna be worth it ;)
They run a trailer during the Nascar at Atlanta and I was like "woooooooooooooooooooot!"

Meh...nascar....

YAY! Fringe! :D

Sp!der
March 15th, 2010, 11:04 AM
well... im going on hold for a season one re-watch untill september/oktober when the second season is released, its a long hard way, but surley rewarded :)

LtColCarter
March 15th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Don't go there! I do not want to think about that yet.

Awwww....I know it'll be painful...but you'll make it through

the fifth man
March 15th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Awwww....I know it'll be painful...but you'll make it through

I know I will make it through somehow. Still, that doesn't make the wait suck any less.;)

knowles2
March 16th, 2010, 05:58 AM
Not a big shock, this show will carry on as long JJ Albrams wants it to carry on, low ratings or not Fox would not dare risk souring there relationship with one of the rising stars of Hollywood an one of the most profitable directors around an one of the most creative an successful TV creators around.

But I am glad the show is continuing an hope for many more seasons.

LtColCarter
March 16th, 2010, 06:02 AM
I know I will make it through somehow. Still, that doesn't make the wait suck any less.;)

I concur

the fifth man
March 16th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Not a big shock, this show will carry on as long JJ Albrams wants it to carry on, low ratings or not Fox would not dare risk souring there relationship with one of the rising stars of Hollywood an one of the most profitable directors around an one of the most creative an successful TV creators around.

But I am glad the show is continuing an hope for many more seasons.

In the end, I hope Fringe will have at least 4 seasons.

LtColCarter
March 17th, 2010, 09:02 AM
In the end, I hope Fringe will have at least 4 seasons.

Four would be excellent...but more would be better! :D

Lady Vaako
March 17th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Exclusive: 'Fringe' picked up for a third season

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/03/06/exclusive-fringe-picked-up-for-a-third-season/

*does the happy dance* :D

baltar13
March 17th, 2010, 01:10 PM
at last proper scifi getting renewed because out of the new shows sanctuary,warehouse 13 im not the biggest fan of warehouse 13 but i will aknowledge that it is proper scifi and fringe because if caprica gets renewed thats a wannabe soap renewed and flash forward is a wannabe soap aswell and more than likely get renewed because the ratings have not being brilliant recently with tv shows

the fifth man
March 17th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Four would be excellent...but more would be better! :D

I just think 4 is a nice amount to tell the story they want to tell. You don't want things drawn out for too long.

LtColCarter
March 20th, 2010, 10:26 AM
I just think 4 is a nice amount to tell the story they want to tell. You don't want things drawn out for too long.

True...but if they can keep up the excellent story lines...let 'em do it!

the fifth man
March 20th, 2010, 07:35 PM
True...but if they can keep up the excellent story lines...let 'em do it!

Believe me, I totally agree. I just don't want it to go on too long, and lose its magic.

LtColCarter
March 22nd, 2010, 06:37 AM
Believe me, I totally agree. I just don't want it to go on too long, and lose its magic.

Yes...and I agree with you there as well.

the fifth man
March 22nd, 2010, 06:39 PM
I don't see that becoming a problem though with this show. They have really earned my trust over the first season and a half.

Su3ie
April 3rd, 2010, 08:15 AM
Phew! I always get a little nervous around renewing time for shows that I like on Fox.

I am really enjoying Fringe but was wondering if anyone knew if it's like Lost in which the creators have a set number of seasons they would like or is it open-ended and they will keep going for as long as they can?

Alan Wake
April 3rd, 2010, 10:29 AM
Well, it looks like I'll have to wait another season to watch this show then.

I've been waiting for it to be cancelled, and come out on DVDs.

More episodes then ! Great ! Hopefully a season 4 comes too.

the fifth man
April 3rd, 2010, 07:34 PM
Well, it looks like I'll have to wait another season to watch this show then.

I've been waiting for it to be cancelled, and come out on DVDs.

More episodes then ! Great ! Hopefully a season 4 comes too.

For now, lets just be happy we are getting a third season.

Lucario
April 17th, 2010, 09:35 PM
^_^

Alright!
I was worried that the show might not get renewed. Now I can offically breathe a sigh of relief.

the fifth man
April 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM
^_^

Alright!
I was worried that the show might not get renewed. Now I can offically breathe a sigh of relief.

Nice to be able to do, isn't it?:)

Lucario
April 21st, 2010, 07:39 PM

Indeed.

LtColCarter
April 22nd, 2010, 07:13 AM

:indeed:

Linda06
April 22nd, 2010, 09:05 AM
Ooh that's really good news. It's one of the best shows on TV at the moment :D I love it to death :D

the fifth man
April 22nd, 2010, 06:52 PM
Ooh that's really good news. It's one of the best shows on TV at the moment :D I love it to death :D

Without question, it really is.

Captain Lazlo
April 22nd, 2010, 08:43 PM
I love watching Fringe mainly because of Walter. I think if they can keep the magic going it would be good. It's about time Fox became more supportive of Sci-fi rather than soaps. Too many good shows have been axed.

chelsea87
May 11th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I am so happy Fringe got renewed, it's a great show I would be so disappointed if it got canceled.

the fifth man
May 11th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I love watching Fringe mainly because of Walter. I think if they can keep the magic going it would be good. It's about time Fox became more supportive of Sci-fi rather than soaps. Too many good shows have been axed.

Boy is that an understatement. And that applies to all the major networks.

LtColCarter
May 12th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Boy is that an understatement. And that applies to all the major networks.

I 110% agree with ya!

Linda06
May 16th, 2010, 10:06 AM

:eek: FOX owns Fringe? I do not feel so confident any more :S

Replicator Todd
May 16th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I still have yet to start watching this show. :( But seeing how its going to go on for another season I have to begin over the summer! :D

the fifth man
May 16th, 2010, 06:15 PM
I still have yet to start watching this show. :( But seeing how its going to go on for another season I have to begin over the summer! :D

I do not think you will be disappointed one bit.

Captain Lazlo
May 16th, 2010, 07:25 PM
:eek: FOX owns Fringe? I do not feel so confident any more :S

I don't believe Fox have ever really been big supporters of sci-fi. The always seem quick to drop shows despite popularity. I don't understand why this is so. Some of the most crap soaps go on for years and years, where sci-fi is flat at getting a season. :(

Replicator Todd
May 16th, 2010, 09:22 PM
I don't believe Fox have ever really been big supporters of sci-fi. The always seem quick to drop shows despite popularity. I don't understand why this is so. Some of the most crap soaps go on for years and years, where sci-fi is flat at getting a season. :(

I think Fox still supports The X-Files, it really helped Fox out IMO and its a sci-fi show. So I think Fringe has a chance more than any other sci-fi show on Fox.

Madwelshboy
May 17th, 2010, 12:45 AM
I don't believe Fox have ever really been big supporters of sci-fi. The always seem quick to drop shows despite popularity.

If the shows were "popular", they would have the ratings to back them up. Take firefly for example, when it was cancelled, FOX was treated like the Devil. But it only averaged 4.7 million viewers (at a time when viewing figures were higher than now) and for a major US broadcasting network, that is a failure, plain and simple. Yes it had an still has a very small, faithfull an vocal fanbase, but in terms of total audiance it was "unpopular". And at the end of the day FOX is a business, a business that what to make money, so their gonna keep the shows that bring in the biggest audiances possible.

Promethius30
May 17th, 2010, 05:38 AM
Great news i think Fringe is such a well made program can't wait to see what they do with it next.

LtColCarter
May 17th, 2010, 06:05 AM
Great news i think Fringe is such a well made program can't wait to see what they do with it next.

As do I

the fifth man
May 17th, 2010, 07:09 PM
As do I

No argument from this guy.:)

Low-Ki 666
August 1st, 2010, 01:29 PM
fringe is one of my favorite shows i was soo happy when i read it got renewed for a third season:)im definitely looking forward to it:)i hope this show last for a very long time!!

the fifth man
August 1st, 2010, 05:29 PM
fringe is one of my favorite shows i was soo happy when i read it got renewed for a third season:)im definitely looking forward to it:)i hope this show last for a very long time!!

Amen to that!:) This show is definitely one of the best out there. I enjoy it so much, and now, so does my wife. I am currently re-watching Season 2, her first run through the series, and she really likes it. She is very surprised how wrong she was about this show.

Captain Lazlo
August 1st, 2010, 05:37 PM
Any idea when it will be shown?

Low-Ki 666
August 1st, 2010, 10:13 PM
i know it truly is one of the best shows on tv it makes me feel like where in the x-files days of tv but the x-files tv show got like a re-vamp and fringe is taking it one step further then the x-files ever did..and funny enough oliva reminds me a bit of scully..

Low-Ki 666
August 1st, 2010, 10:16 PM
Any idea when it will be shown?

wikipedia says the air date for fringe season 3 episode is set for September 23,2010 but it could be wrong cause that website can always mis lead people

the fifth man
August 2nd, 2010, 06:58 PM
wikipedia says the air date for fringe season 3 episode is set for September 23,2010 but it could be wrong cause that website can always mis lead people

That is going to be one great evening.

Low-Ki 666
August 2nd, 2010, 09:14 PM
That is going to be one great evening.

agreed:)

the fifth man
August 3rd, 2010, 06:03 PM
I have such high hopes for this coming season.

Low-Ki 666
August 4th, 2010, 11:18 AM
I have such high hopes for this coming season.

Same here i hope it doesn't go down hill like a lot of tv shows in the past have done...but i think it will get high ratings on its season 3 premier...I wonder if some new characters will be introduced??

the fifth man
August 4th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Same here i hope it doesn't go down hill like a lot of tv shows in the past have done...but i think it will get high ratings on its season 3 premier...I wonder if some new characters will be introduced??

Honestly, I don't see it going down hill one bit. If anything, it could be better than ever.

Low-Ki 666
August 5th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Honestly, I don't see it going down hill one bit. If anything, it could be better than ever.

thats what im really hoping for i just hope J.J abrams keeps up the good writing for this show and that it doesnt get too wackey or crazy...Im not sure how anything really could top season 1 of the show so far my favorite season:)

the fifth man
August 5th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Personally, I thought Season 2 was a little better than Season 1. This show has really progressed quite nicely from where it began. I am confident that the solid writing will continue into this season.

Low-Ki 666
August 5th, 2010, 11:52 PM
im very interested to see what happens with the story line now after how they left season 2:)

the fifth man
August 6th, 2010, 06:20 PM
im very interested to see what happens with the story line now after how they left season 2:)

There are so many great possibilities. I just wonder which route they will choose?

Low-Ki 666
August 9th, 2010, 10:40 AM
all this talk about fringe makes me want to watch the seasons again lol and i only finished watching everything for a second time like 3 months ago lol...im also very interested to see where this road goes i kind of saw the season 2 ending coming a bit when we found out about the doubles in the last episode in the alternate universe....i hope the ending of last seasons provides more awesome story lines...and i really wanna go more in depths on the bald characters they are some awesome characters... i forget there actuall name so its a good thing i might watch it all again lol

the fifth man
August 9th, 2010, 06:35 PM
all this talk about fringe makes me want to watch the seasons again lol and i only finished watching everything for a second time like 3 months ago lol...im also very interested to see where this road goes i kind of saw the season 2 ending coming a bit when we found out about the doubles in the last episode in the alternate universe....i hope the ending of last seasons provides more awesome story lines...and i really wanna go more in depths on the bald characters they are some awesome characters... i forget there actuall name so its a good thing i might watch it all again lol

I think you mean the Observers.;)

Low-Ki 666
August 9th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I think you mean the Observers.;)

Thats what there name was i knew it was something simple but i couldn't remember it lol thank you very much for helping me remember there names:)

the fifth man
August 10th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Thats what there name was i knew it was something simple but i couldn't remember it lol thank you very much for helping me remember there names:)

Don't mention it.