SG-1's "longest-running" record has fallen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG-1's "longest-running" record has fallen

The CW announced that Smallville will return for a 10th season, and with a full episode order, it will surpass SG-1's record of longest-running science fiction show in America by 4 episodes.

Thoughts?
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Smallville is science fiction? Seriously?

Life goes on. The record was never a big deal to me. It was the fact that I had a decade of enjoyable TV
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

It's a bit sad to see SG1 lose it's record to the rather mediocre (just my opinion) Smallville. I still think that SG1 should have had an eleventh season to wrap things up.
      Wel at leastl I can still be happy that one of my other favorite shows, Doctor Who, holds the worldwide record. Also the chance of someone beating DW's record is slim since it got something like 750 episodes spread out over soon-to-be 31 seasons and several specials.
      sigpic

Comment

Smallville might last longer, but SG-1 was better. Imho, of course.
        sigpic

Comment

SG-1 never had the "longest running" record. That honour belonged (and still belongs) to Doctor Who.

Incidentally, Smallville will need a full 22 episode season 10 to outdo SG-1 (assuming season 9 is 19 episodes as Wikipedia currently states).
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            SG-1 never had the "longest running" record. That honour belonged (and still belongs) to Doctor Who.

Incidentally, Smallville will need a full 22 episode season 10 to outdo SG-1 (assuming season 9 is 19 episodes as Wikipedia currently states).
            ...hence the "in America" part. But in any event, I like both shows, even if I think SG-1 is of higher quality. So I'm pleased no matter what.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Season 9 will have a total of 22 episodes. The number of episodes for season 10 at this point hasnt been stated, but will likely be 22 following the pattern of previous seasons.

Comment

I am sad its been lost but 10 season is still a huge accomplishment
                sigpic
                Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                Metal gear fan

Comment

I can't understand how Smallvillle's lasted for a decade with such a bland lead actor as Tom Welling.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                    I can't understand how Smallvillle's lasted for a decade with such a bland lead actor as Tom Welling.
                    Its the CW. That about explains it.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      The CW announced that Smallville will return for a 10th season, and with a full episode order, it will surpass SG-1's record of longest-running science fiction show in America by 4 episodes.

Thoughts?
                      I'm thinking about the Simpsons for some odd reason. D'oh!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        ...hence the "in America" part. But in any event, I like both shows, even if I think SG-1 is of higher quality. So I'm pleased no matter what.
                        Oop. Who ever said you need to read a post to reply to it
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think Stargate held the "longest continuously running" record for a Sci-Fi series. Doctor Who has been on and off over the years so it has been on the longest, but not aired every year since the pilot episode.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Its the CW. That about explains it.
                            Good point.

Supernatural's immensely talented cast are quite the anomaly on that network.

Comment

Originally posted by hobobillybob View Post
                              I think Stargate held the "longest continuously running" record for a Sci-Fi series. Doctor Who has been on and off over the years so it has been on the longest, but not aired every year since the pilot episode.
                              Off-topic, but that isn't true at all. Doctor Who still has the record by a country mile, without break.

Comment

Working...
                              X