Off-world war factory and recruitment base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off-world war factory and recruitment base

I was thinking our main weakness is man power because the stargate programe is a secret. so why not others to do our work.

Step 1 - find a unpopulated planet with lots a Naquadah and a good climate.

Step 2 - get a prehyperdrive but rich civilization to build use a large city with lots of houses, farms, things for leisure and factorys. keep everything cheap and nothing fancy. we would trade stargate addresses or early hyperdrive tech or both.

Step 3 - hire the first wave of works to come to the city and work into things for infrastructure. we would get workers from poor worlds and offer them a better life and protection

Step 4 - hire a labour force to to work in our factorys.

Step 5 - When we have a few ships and weapons for an army we could start training an army. at first we would get them to help some worlds to recover from the ori attact. doing this would help use look good to the galaxy.

Step 6 - keep letting the city grow and grow into a super power.

Step 7 - when its time we could make war on the wraith and then do the same in the PG

Let me no what you think about this. If it could work or not?
    also give any ideas you might have

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
    I was thinking our main weakness is man power because the stargate programe is a secret. so why not others to do our work.
    not really as seeing as everybody and their mother in law know about the program

Step 1 - find a unpopulated planet with lots a Naquadah and a good climate.
    Ok.....

Step 2 - get a prehyperdrive but rich civilization to build use a large city with lots of houses, farms, things for leisure and factorys. keep everything cheap and nothing fancy. we would trade stargate addresses or early hyperdrive tech or both.
    Bad idea we don't want them messing our plan for beginning our democratic imperial capitalist empire.MUAHAHAH!.

Seriously trading tech that is not for humanitarian aid with little to no gain is stupid. And why give someone something they can't use. I mean give the world with WWII tech the hyperdrive forgetting they don't have or could build a ship to put it on

Step 3 - hire the first wave of works to come to the city and work into things for infrastructure. we would get workers from poor worlds and offer them a better life and protection
    The best you could do with them is make them mine the materials as most couldn't do primary school math ot write their name. This is not mentioning the security risk that people with no allegiance would pose to have access and...do stuff with things they would be magic to most of them(the thing in stargate with a little presentation would appear to be magic to the majority of earth if they saw it to them). And whats to stop them to swipe a few components to the Lucian Alliance, Goa'uld, or any other person who is willing to pay.

Step 4 - hire a labour force to to work in our factorys.
    If its not from our world its a bad idea. See above

Step 5 - When we have a few ships and weapons for an army we could start training an army. at first we would get them to help some worlds to recover from the ori attact. doing this would help use look good to the galaxy.
    Same problem to this too. Also didn't SG1 and the SGC do enough to get their names and the occasional statues in the hall of fame of most of the galaxy.

Step 6 - keep letting the city grow and grow into a super power.
    This is dumb really really dumb. Make a nation that most people don't know of the USA, its ideals, feel no allegiance to it or Earth and give them tech to wipe us out easily. This is a recipe for evil overlord takeover. If nothing else they would tell us to shove it because they don't need us anymore.

Step 7 - when its time we could make war on the wraith and then do the same in the PG
    It wouldn't be us most likely. Give devout christian hillbilie a gun trow him into the city and he will most likely shoot somebody.

Say...how would a person like this reacted if she had a gun and maybe a little more threatened.

Or if Darth Vader shoved up

Comment

Originally posted by mirdin1992 View Post
      Bad idea we don't want them messing our plan for beginning our democratic imperial capitalist empire.MUAHAHAH!
      Seriously trading tech that is not for humanitarian aid with little to no gain is stupid. And why give someone something they can't use. I mean give the world with WWII tech the hyperdrive forgetting they don't have or could build a ship to put it on
      there are lots of races that would do almost anything for even primitive hyperdrive and there is much to gain cos we do not have the resources to do it by our selves

The best you could do with them is make them mine the materials as most couldn't do primary school math ot write their name. This is not mentioning the security risk that people with no allegiance would pose to have access and...do stuff with things they would be magic to most of them(the thing in stargate with a little presentation would appear to be magic to the majority of earth if they saw it to them). And whats to stop them to swipe a few components to the Lucian Alliance, Goa'uld, or any other person who is willing to pay.
      there or lots of quite advanced races that have been beat down by the ori that we could get people smart people from. I did not say hire cave men.
      there would be little security risk if we stopped them from going into any restricted areas and make the hyperdrives, weapons and shields our selves.

This is dumb really really dumb. Make a nation that most people don't know of the USA, its ideals, feel no allegiance to it or Earth and give them tech to wipe us out easily. This is a recipe for evil overlord takeover. If nothing else they would tell us to shove it because they don't need us anymore.
      people would feel allegiance to the city and us when they build a good life and a family there. we would always stay in control and the city would be run by a joint council made up of earths main countrys. it would be a bit like a business empire. it would not happen other night but in time like 20 years it is doable

Comment

i could see lucan allaiance sneaking alotta spies in to a place like that

Comment

Very bad idea. This is basically what US has been doing with 3rd world countries, and while it has been mostly successful, it's also the reason why China is rapidly gaining power and there is nothing US can do about it, because US economy is now tied into Chinese economy, and vice versa.

The only thing you'll end up doing is building yourself a powerful adversary for the future.

Besides, why build planet-side? It should be a lot cheaper to construct in asteroid fields using mostly robotic labor.
          MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

how would we ever get that much workers offworld without the world noticing?

i'd say, develop better robots using SG tech and then mine small moons. (lower gravity et all. Asteroids aren't really worth the effort)

Comment

i think he means offworld people from other planets.

Comment

and why would you accept having offworld people beneficing from Earth space program ?

I know the IOA is a pain in the proverbial mikta but there is something they never forgot : SG program was made to help the people from Earth and those people won't understand the funding of people that are not from here.
                Take people from Earth and build a space colony. If they need labour, look for people in China, India or even Africa. People will be grateful for that opportunity.
                La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                  i'd say, develop better robots using SG tech and then mine small moons. (lower gravity et all. Asteroids aren't really worth the effort)
                  It's not so much about gravity as it is about atmosphere. If you are sitting on a moon or dwarf planet with no atmosphere, all it takes is a mag rail on the surface, and you are shooting cargo to space with minimal energy requirements.

The downside of using a moon for resources is that it's easy to find. If you know the system where the base is located, you'll have all moons checked out in no time. You set up in asteroid belt with sufficiently low-emission operation, and it will take years for anyone to find you.

And there are no downsides to mining asteroids either. If you set up near the frost line, you will have all the resources you could ever want, and you would not have to dig deep mines to get it. It will all be right there on the surface. Plus, no gravity means no expenses on hauling rocks. A tiny boost, and it coasts to wherever you need it. And don't get me started on benefits of a space-based shipyard. No gravity means no need for cranes, no stress on the unfinished frame, no problems with just leaving some equipment to "hang" where you need it.

Looks familiar?

Comment

And there are no downsides to mining asteroids either. If you set up near the frost line, you will have all the resources you could ever want, and you would not have to dig deep mines to get it. It will all be right there on the surface. Plus, no gravity means no expenses on hauling rocks. A tiny boost, and it coasts to wherever you need it. And don't get me started on benefits of a space-based shipyard. No gravity means no need for cranes, no stress on the unfinished frame, no problems with just leaving some equipment to "hang" where you need it.
                    well asteroids are extremely thin-spread.

but now that i think about it, a space mining station with engines might work: just beam an asteroid in front of it, "land", mine it dry, and then beam a new one in.

Comment

Even simpler, have a bunch of mining robots that fly about from asteroid to asteroid. Since all the useful stuff will be near the surface anyways, these miners don't need to be very big or very complex. Even if these things will have to fly hundreds of kilometers to reach next asteroid, it's really not a big deal.

Edit: And come to think of it, there might be systems with far denser asteroid fields that are more rich in materials you are interested in. With hundreds of billions of stars to choose from, I'm sure you could find something really nice. Of course, system with massive asteroid fields is unlikely to have a gate in it, so you'd have to use hyperdrive-capable ships to move personnel/equipment to and from the location. But on the plus side, that would also make location harder to find.
                      Last edited by K^2; 04 March 2010, 03:42 AM.

Looks familiar?

Comment

robots would be easier but we dont have any.

plus we might make an enemy like sky net.

in future we could just build a ship and weapons building satalite that beams in materails and naq from a planet and then uses only beaming tech to build things. then it would move to the next planet or astroid. the only thing is it would make use to powerful.

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
                        and why would you accept having offworld people beneficing from Earth space program ?

I know the IOA is a pain in the proverbial mikta but there is something they never forgot : SG program was made to help the people from Earth and those people won't understand the funding of people that are not from here.
                        Take people from Earth and build a space colony. If they need labour, look for people in China, India or even Africa. People will be grateful for that opportunity.
                        we cant use workers from earth the stargate programe is a secrate. what do u think they are going to do put a job app on jobcentreplus asking for welders to go to a new planet

Comment

actually you might just clone them.

robot enemies like skynet? we're making miners, we're not plugging an AI into the world's defence net.

actually a hive could fly a straight course through sol's asteroid belt and never get hit by one.

i'm not sure BTW, but what is the common composition of an asteroid? if it's just right, a mobile factory is better than small robot swarms.

Comment

we cant use workers from earth the stargate programe is a secrate. what do u think they are going to do put a job app on jobcentreplus asking for welders to go to a new planet
                            No they can also be head hunted. Let's just say that you are looking for adventurous people eager to participate in an outstanding experiment. That would just be the basis for a first colony. For basic tasks you can use automated robots controlled by those guys. Killman's right on this.

For workers I am sure China could secretly provide "willing" people to the SG program.
                            La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                            L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              actually you might just clone them.

robot enemies like skynet? we're making miners, we're not plugging an AI into the world's defence net.

actually a hive could fly a straight course through sol's asteroid belt and never get hit by one.

i'm not sure BTW, but what is the common composition of an asteroid? if it's just right, a mobile factory is better than small robot swarms.
                              we would need a huge cloning factory and we dont no how to clone plus i dont we would ever do that.
                              i dont mean the same as skynet. but if there smart enough they could rebell.
                              if we are going to make robots we might as well build replicaters.

we would not need to even go next to 1 we could just beam away from a distance

Comment

Working...
                              X