This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Writers For SGU Season 2

Hey! So now we have the names of the new writers for Stargate Universe's second season!
    Hey, meet the new Stargate writer-producers -

Remi Aubuchon
    Caprica, 24, Persons Unknown, Summerland, The Lyon's Den.
    Linda McGibney
    Homicide: Life on the Streets, Family Law, Chicago Hope.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...er-discussion/

Remi Aubuchon - IMDb
    Linda McGibney - IMDb

I think it'll be good for the show to have some new blood. Although I am a bit surprised that Remi Aubuchon is on board. I thought that he'd be busy with Persons Unknown after he left Caprica.
    sigpic

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
    Hey! So now we have the names of the new writers for Stargate Universe's second season!

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...er-discussion/

I think it'll be good for the show to have some new blood. Although I am a bit surprised that Remi Aubuchon is on board. I thought that he'd be busy with Persons Unknown after he left Caprica.
    yay for new blood. help keep things fresh.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Interesting. While I enjoy SGU as-is, new writing blood is always exciting. Keeps things from getting stale and overly wrapped up in itself.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Interesting. While I enjoy SGU as-is, new writing blood is always exciting. Keeps things from getting stale and overly wrapped up in itself.
        and after 15 season it's nice to see this change. one of the biggest fandom complaints has been the lack of new writers.
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

...now announcing a new writer...blistna from Gateworld.net FORUMS!!!

OK maybe not...LOL but nice try, right? Anyway nice to see it, lets hope they help.

Comment

Are they staff writers, or are they... for lack of better phrasology - guest writers?
              Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                Are they staff writers, or are they... for lack of better phrasology - guest writers?
                I think that they're staff writers since, according to Joe, they also have producing duties. And SGU has already had three guest, or freelance writers in the back half of season 1 (Dennis McGrath, Jeff Vlaming & Barbara Marshall).
                sigpic

Comment

Well, new Staff Writers is exciting!!!

I love the idea that there is going to be a female writer on staff - it's about damned time. That could, potentially, herald the female characters becoming more fleshed out... something which our guys aren't the best at doing.
                  Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                    I think that they're staff writers since, according to Joe, they also have producing duties. And SGU has already had three guest, or freelance writers in the back half of season 1 (Dennis McGrath, Jeff Vlaming & Barbara Marshall).
                    Funny how we are all expecting the second half to be much better than the first!

I just hope the new staff writers actually get a say and aren't 'overruled' by the blokes that have been there wayyyyyy to long
                    Meh.

Comment

Jack Bauer - these guys aren't coming on till the 2nd season... not the second half of season 1.

Comment

I love the idea that there is going to be a female writer on staff - it's about damned time. That could, potentially, herald the female characters becoming more fleshed out... something which our guys aren't the best at doing.
                        You do know SG1 had female staff writers for years
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          You do know SG1 had female staff writers for years
                          Yup I know, and when they left the female characters and the situations they were in/affected by became somewhat OTT. So, it's great to have them back again.

Comment

Jack Bauer - these guys aren't coming on till the 2nd season... not the second half of season 1.
                            perhaps you should read the post from the person I quoted... just a word of advice....
                            Meh.

Comment

Its not like theres any difference between men and women writers. I've seen both gold and crap from both.

Comment

Working...
                              X