PDA

View Full Version : Vipers in Caprica???

McSwift
February 20th, 2010, 03:32 AM
It's been a long time since I wrote a thread. I saw this video on Youtube this morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nj1DBK9dho

Does it show Vipers in the scene? What context would that be?

Cheers

lordofseas
February 20th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Those look more like militaristic helicopters. Not vipers, they're too wide.

Replicator Todd
February 20th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Vipers will appear in Caprica though in the future.

the fifth man
February 20th, 2010, 07:57 PM

One would hope so.

AnnieS
March 4th, 2010, 08:05 PM
They sure looked like early verisons of Vipers to me as well!!!

Jimmylad89
March 6th, 2010, 09:43 AM
they look more like fighters, i wud imagine the Viper mark 1 will be introduced around the time of the FCW

P-90_177
March 16th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I'm not sure if the fighters in that promo were vipers or not. They streaked past a bit too quick to tell, but Zoe did call the planes that her and that scientist guy were playing in that simulation as a viper so I'm assuming that has to be a viper mk1

aretood2
March 16th, 2010, 06:48 AM
I'm not sure if the fighters in that promo were vipers or not. They streaked past a bit too quick to tell, but Zoe did call the planes that her and that scientist guy were playing in that simulation as a viper so I'm assuming that has to be a viper mk1

But why would they be using military planes then?

P-90_177
March 16th, 2010, 08:44 AM
why would they be originally developing the cylons for millitary usage? Clearly the Colonies have their own problems without the cylons.

aarlin81
March 16th, 2010, 04:56 PM
why would they be originally developing the cylons for millitary usage? Clearly the Colonies have their own problems without the cylons.

For the same reasons we would if we had the technology:

1. One Cylon means one or more humans that aren't on the battlefield.
2. Cylons don't eat or sleep (yes they recharge)
3. Cylons follow orders (or should) without question
...you get the picture

P-90_177
March 17th, 2010, 11:20 AM
For the same reasons we would if we had the technology:

1. One Cylon means one or more humans that aren't on the battlefield.
2. Cylons don't eat or sleep (yes they recharge)
3. Cylons follow orders (or should) without question
...you get the picture

Erm.....yes I know..........I was answering Aretood2's question, with a question.

aretood2
March 18th, 2010, 04:28 AM

I meant the V-world...isn't it suppused to be like an underworld type thing?

Republibot 3.0
March 20th, 2010, 05:13 AM

In tonight's episode, "Ghosts in the Machine," they make reference to "The Tauron War," which evidently happened in the not-too-distant past. Dee mentioned in BSG that the wealthier colonies subjugated the poorer ones. They never mentioned it in the show, but the producers made it clear that the colonies weren't united under one government until the First Cylon War began.

Republibot 3.0
March 20th, 2010, 05:14 AM

It's like a film noir MUSH without a clear objective, and lots of random Crimson Skies-inspired violence. Kinda' cool, actually.

Republibot 3.0
March 20th, 2010, 05:16 AM

It's interesting that these "Model 1 Vipers" - they were refered to as Vipers in the ep 2 weeks back - don't look much like the ones we saw in BSG. It's not even entirely clear if they're space fighters or air-breathers.

What I really liked about them, however, was that they were VERY reminiscent of the X-30 Conquests from the 2nd season of GI Joe.

P-90_177
March 20th, 2010, 11:21 AM

Well no not entirely. Think of the V-world as the internet. The temple nightclub/mosh pit/sex orgy is only one particular site running. The others can be perfectly legitimate including stuff like online gaming.

Trig
March 23rd, 2010, 05:34 AM
It's like a film noir MUSH without a clear objective, and lots of random Crimson Skies-inspired violence. Kinda' cool, actually.

Aha, someone else thats seeing the Crimson Skies in V-World..

Girlbot
March 23rd, 2010, 05:48 AM
I have a question. Is Caprica developing the cylons as protection against the other colonies, or is there an unknown menace. Who is their threat?

P-90_177
March 24th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I have a question. Is Caprica developing the cylons as protection against the other colonies, or is there an unknown menace. Who is their threat?

the colonies together are just like planet earth. they have their own problems and differences just like all humans. so yes the cylons are being created to be used against other colonies. Possibly merely as peacekeepers but still nontheless.

Specter177
March 25th, 2010, 07:41 PM
The difference between the Viper in Caprica and the Viper in BSG:TOS is like the difference between a WWII P-38 Lightning and F-35 Lightning II. Same name, different generation of aircraft. The difference between the Mark I Viper from TOS and the Mark IX(?) Viper in the re-imagined series is like the difference between an F-15A and an F-15E. Same plane, but upgraded.

Trig
March 26th, 2010, 01:26 AM
The difference between the Viper in Caprica and the Viper in BSG:TOS is like the difference between a WWII P-38 Lightning and F-35 Lightning II. Same name, different generation of aircraft. The difference between the Mark I Viper from TOS and the Mark IX(?) Viper in the re-imagined series is like the difference between an F-15A and an F-15E. Same plane, but upgraded.

Spot on there chap, very good way of explaining it..

Pharaoh Atem
July 31st, 2010, 07:54 PM
it would be cool to see viper prototypes in caprica but have the mach 1 vipers be made for the war.