PDA

View Full Version : Nine Lives - News/Discussion/Speculation

Madwelshboy
February 18th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Spielberg's Nine Lives lives at NBC

Steven Spielberg could be very busy with TV projects later this year if his Nine Lives project finds a new home at NBC.

In addition to his potential duties on Terra Nova for Fox, Spielberg may be executive producing a revised version of the series, which was originally commissioned by the then Sci-Fi Channel in 2006. Written by Les Bohem, the 12-hour miniseries revolves around a group of people who find a way to reunite with their loved ones in the afterlife through near-death experiences, but those journeys unleash an evil force.

Intended for broadcast in 2007, development on Nine Lives stalled at Sci-Fi, but NBC is now interested in a new draft, reworked for a broader broadcast audience. The Hollywood Reporter suggests that the NBC show would air as a direct-to-series vehicle, bypassing the pilot stage.

http://totalscifionline.com/news/4655-spielberg-s-nine-lives-lives-at-nbc

SaberBlade
February 18th, 2010, 06:33 AM
I like the premise, people having near death experiences for afterlife reunions but I just don't like the sound of "unleash an evil force". Nothing wrong with the the whole thing having having consequences, but "unleashed an evil force" just sounds cheesy.

pookey
February 18th, 2010, 10:00 AM
sounds somewhat like 'Flatliners'

SaberBlade
February 18th, 2010, 10:30 AM
I've never seen all of Flatliners. I thought it was just people who got off on the near death experience.