This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will Atlantis survive,...

... and I mean the sets, the massive rebuild of sets they semi-announced by calling off the set tour for the Vancouver Con this year? What do you think?

http://www.creationent.com/cal/sgvan.htm

We were recently informed that due to the rebuilding of sets for SG:Universe Season 2, the standing sets we planned to tour in April 2010 will be struck at the time of our event. All Stargate sets are in stages of build and strike. In short, there are no sets standing at this time to tour (we hope to be invited to visit the enlarged SG:Universe sets during The 2011 Convention which will be in April 2011 back at Hilton Metrotown as well as the new Production facilities being installed at Bridge Studios that take the place of the former off site spaces).
    The cake is a lie!

the movies seem unlikely so i have a feeling the sets won't last much longer.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

They can always be put back up. The dismantling of sets is just to make room for sets of shows that are currently in productioion. Atlantis hasn't fit this criteria for over a year now
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Sets are re-used all the time... considering there was Blade set incorporated into the Atlantis set to begin with.

Saves money to re-use, instead of build from scratch.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yes, I know. Just last year everything was still standing and now they sell half of it on eBay and put the rest away. Its just another piece of the puzzle.
          The cake is a lie!

Comment

Have you ever watched the props special feature on the SG1 S9 DVD? They keep everything on every prop that is ever made. With SG1 and SGA done on TV they don't need excess of some of those props like the Ori staffs for example. Makes sense to sell for some money especially given MGM's situation
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I agree. Always wondered why they keep that massive ammount of stuff.
              The cake is a lie!

Comment

Whats cheaper ? Building sets or doing the Sanctuary thing and having everything CGI.

Comment

Originally posted by skarwolf View Post
                  Whats cheaper ? Building sets or doing the Sanctuary thing and having everything CGI.
                  From what I have heard it is cheaper the way Sanctuary is done.
                  Please help my dragon eggs CLICK HERE My fanfics

Comment

Working...
                  X