Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back Half of Season 5 vs. the prior couple of seasons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Half of Season 5 vs. the prior couple of seasons...

Hey there, new to the boards here even though I've been surfing for a few years. I finally got around to watching the fifth season of Atlantis and am really enjoying it nearly as much as I was SG-1 for the first time in the series.

Did anyone else notice a change? Atlantis started to do some pretty interesting things both in the realm of silly (in Brain Storm) and just out there (like Vegas) with everything in between. I don't know if I just wasn't paying enough attention before but I feel the series really hit a creative stride here. Is it because they knew they were cancelled? What are your thoughts?

All of S5 was written before cancellation occured and I loathe the back half of S5 with a few exceptions
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

As do I. In fact I only bought season 5 volumes 1-3. So my collection ends with Outsiders.

Comment

Well I guess I'm the only one who enjoyed it for the most part. There were a couple bad eps in there but it renewed my interest which I thought I'd never get back after Dr. Weir was gone.

Comment

Most of season 5 was terrible IMO, especially the second half They were all over the place with it
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Most of season 5 was terrible IMO, especially the second half They were all over the place with it
            I quite liked the first half minus Whispers.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Please remind me again - what happened in the back half of season 5?

And I saw every episode as many times as their main characters, which basically means it wasn't worth much in my brain's opinion, otherwise I would have been able to remember.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Please remind me again - what happened in the back half of season 5?
                McKeller happened.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  McKeller happened.
                  Ah... right... yes... that.

Cyberman inside brain says: DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    I quite liked the first half minus Whispers.
                    I didn't like Ghost in the machine and The Shrine and Whispers. In the second half I didn't like The Lost tribe, Inquisition, Brain Storm, Identity, Vegas and Enemy at the gate. I can't comment of Remnants cause I never watched it So looking at that, yes the second half was definately worse IMO

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Ah... right... yes... that.

Cyberman inside brain says: DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!
                    You just had to go and ask
                    sigpic

Comment

I quite liked Ghost in the Machine. The Shrine had its moments (I love the scene with Woosley and his grandfather) but overall it wasn't good. Less said about the Whispers the better.
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Otomo View Post
                        Hey there, new to the boards here even though I've been surfing for a few years. I finally got around to watching the fifth season of Atlantis and am really enjoying it nearly as much as I was SG-1 for the first time in the series.

Did anyone else notice a change? Atlantis started to do some pretty interesting things both in the realm of silly (in Brain Storm) and just out there (like Vegas) with everything in between. I don't know if I just wasn't paying enough attention before but I feel the series really hit a creative stride here. Is it because they knew they were cancelled? What are your thoughts?
                        Season 4 took a different turn for the show. It was becoming more character focus, sorta what we got in SGU. I loved Season 4 and 5 for that matter, and even the story was very interesting.

There were a few dissapointments in the last half of Season 5, but it also had some great eps as well, like The lost Tribe, Remnants, The Prodigal, and Vegas. It also had duds like Inquisition, Brianstorm, and Identity.

Season 5 was a set up season for something bigger to happen, Season 6. I do see folks were a little upset about the last half, because they likely wanted more for the last 10 eps. I understand where they are coming from, but it still was a very good season overall. Ratings went up, and were consistant so people liked what they were watching since they kept tuning into the show.
                        sigpic

Comment

I despised the McKeller focus and it did sour me on the second half of the season, but I really enjoyed The Shrine, Prodigal and Vegas. Identity and Brainstorm were just or almost unwatchable to me. Very uneven.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                            I despised the McKeller focus and it did sour me on the second half of the season, but I really enjoyed The Shrine, Prodigal and Vegas. Identity and Brainstorm were just or almost unwatchable to me. Very uneven.
                            That is interesting as I find Vegas to be Stargate's most unwatchable episode ever. I rather watch Irresponsible then Vegas
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Heavens! Now that is saying something.

Now, what can I think of.....

I would rather watch all of SGU & Vegas & both Irri episodes twice and eat worms than watch Brain Storm again.

Beat that!

Comment

Working...
                              X