Jensen Ackles in consideration for Captain America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jensen Ackles in consideration for Captain America

Top Three Contenders for Captain America Revealed?

A supposedly trusted source has pointing out three contenders Marvel Studios is considering for the lead role in The First Avenger: Captain America. Follow the jump to see who they are. . .

According to BigShinyRobot.com, their reliable source in the Paramount/Marvel confirmed that the studio is indeed only considering unknowns/television actors to portray Captain America on the big screen.

"Apparently, when the script came in with World War II sequences (featuring the Invaders), the studio heads decided it was beyond their means to make this movie AND afford A-listers like Brad Pitt and Matt Damon."

The source, who remains unnamed, specifically pointed out Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill), Ryan McPartlin (Chuck) and Jensen Ackles (Supernatural) as being among the top choices.

We've already heard from other sites that both Murray and McPartlin have potentially read for the role, but this is the first (albeit unofficial) word that fan-favorite Jensen Ackles is in serious consideration. It looks like we'll have to wait until March 1st to find out solid news regarding this casting.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=14729

Interesting - because at the Vancouver Con Jensen denied it completely. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc-L3W1K0zw) Of course I'd love to see him on the big screen, but how could that work out with an Spn S6?

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
      Interesting - because at the Vancouver Con Jensen denied it completely. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc-L3W1K0zw) Of course I'd love to see him on the big screen, but how could that work out with an Spn S6?
      But that was months ago, when people were starting the online rumor of the week. This news comes now during the middle of the casting process, granted its unofficial, but its known that the other 2 actors have read for the role.

As for what it would mean for a season 6, well TFA:CA is set to start filming in June this year, i have no idea when a potensial season 6 would start filming.
      Last edited by Madwelshboy; 09 February 2010, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        Top Three Contenders for Captain America Revealed?

A supposedly trusted source has pointing out three contenders Marvel Studios is considering for the lead role in The First Avenger: Captain America. Follow the jump to see who they are. . .

According to BigShinyRobot.com, their reliable source in the Paramount/Marvel confirmed that the studio is indeed only considering unknowns/television actors to portray Captain America on the big screen.

"Apparently, when the script came in with World War II sequences (featuring the Invaders), the studio heads decided it was beyond their means to make this movie AND afford A-listers like Brad Pitt and Matt Damon."

The source, who remains unnamed, specifically pointed out Chad Michael Murray (One Tree Hill), Ryan McPartlin (Chuck) and Jensen Ackles (Supernatural) as being among the top choices.

We've already heard from other sites that both Murray and McPartlin have potentially read for the role, but this is the first (albeit unofficial) word that fan-favorite Jensen Ackles is in serious consideration. It looks like we'll have to wait until March 1st to find out solid news regarding this casting.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=14729
        I'd love to see Jensen as the Captain

You're right, it might conflict with the shooting schedule of the first few episodes of season 6, hm...
        sigpic
        My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Is there going to be a S6 of Supernatural?
          I was under the impression it was finishing at the end of S5...

Comment

But that was months ago, when people were starting the online rumor of the week. This news comes now during the middle of the casting process, granted its unofficial, but its known that the other 2 actors have read for the role.

As for what it would mean for a season 6, well TFA:CA is set to start filming in June this year, i have no idea when a potensial season 6 would start filming.
            S5 was filmed from July 1st - March 29th. I wonder how long it will take to shoot the actual scenes for the movie, my guess is there's gonna be lots of graphics and FX that they won't need the actors for.

Originally posted by Trig View Post
            Is there going to be a S6 of Supernatural?
            I was under the impression it was finishing at the end of S5...
            That's what we all thought, but now there's a pretty good chance it's gonna be renewed. Some sites have already reported it as a fact. There's a thread about it in this forum (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...ave-a-season-6)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
              S5 was filmed from July 1st - March 29th. I wonder how long it will take to shoot the actual scenes for the movie, my guess is there's gonna be lots of graphics and FX that they won't need the actors for.
              The most recent Marvel film (Iron Man 2) took 2 months to film, but unlike the traditional superhero film, TFA:CA is going to be a period war film drama, so who knows how that will effect the lenght of time that it will take to film.

Also just to point which ever actor who gets the part, will have to sign a multi -picture, which will at least include the 2012 film "The Avengers", which will film sometime in 2011.
              Last edited by Madwelshboy; 09 February 2010, 04:53 AM.

Comment

I think JA would be perfect for that role.

Forget those other two, though thank god that they decided not to go for some big name like Matt Damon or Brad Pitt. *puke*
                IMO always implied.

Comment

I'd like to see Jensen get it too, just because I think he's a terrific actor who deserves more attention. I do like Ryan as well (Captain Awesome), but I think Jensen's the better actor.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

Jensen Ackles Added To The Captain America Short List!

According to Collider, Jensen Ackles is still in contention to play Captain America.

They are reporting that there are seven, not six actors on the short list.

John Krasinski, Scott Porter, Garrett Hedlund, Chace Crawford, Michael Cassidy, and Mike Vogel have already been reported all over the net. Collider adds Jensen Ackles to the list.

Collider reports that the problem with both Hedlund and Ackles is scheduling. His commitment to Supernatural seems to conflict with the Captain America shooting schedule. I find it hard to believe something could not be worked out.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15230

Comment

Jensen Ackles Added To The Captain America Short List!

According to Collider, Jensen Ackles is still in contention to play Captain America.

They are reporting that there are seven, not six actors on the short list.

John Krasinski, Scott Porter, Garrett Hedlund, Chace Crawford, Michael Cassidy, and Mike Vogel have already been reported all over the net. Collider adds Jensen Ackles to the list.

Collider reports that the problem with both Hedlund and Ackles is scheduling. His commitment to Supernatural seems to conflict with the Captain America shooting schedule. I find it hard to believe something could not be worked out.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=15230
                      Thanks for this, MWB. I'm very happy but also surprised he's still on the list. I had figured Spn's 6th season would take him out of the race, since he wouldn't have time. It would be awesome if they could work it out, though, having Jensen on Spn and in this movie would be like Christmas and Thanksgiving on the same day...

sigpic

Comment

I just realised I hadn't commented on the thread, though I've had various discussion off forum about this. There are so many conflicting reports about this, it's hard to know what to believe. I think it would be great for Jensen to get a high publicity film, though personally I have no interest in it whatsoever, and so wouldn't get to see Jensen in the role which would be a real shame as it would be interesting to see him in something other that Spn and MBV. Of course, just because I don't want to watch the film doesn't mean that I wouldn't be happy if he got the role, though it's worth keeping in mind that this is a hell of a big committment -it's going to be a long series of films which means whoever gets it will be tied up for the next few years - that has both advantages and disadvantages, depending on your viewpoint!

Some more links as of yesterday's date - only 1 mentions Jensen. I didn't see a date on the article you posted MWB, so it yet again may be conflicting information from the same day!

Digital Spy

The Hollywood Reporter

Den of Geek (love that name )

Digital Spy tends to be the font of all knowledge for an awful lot of things, and has always been reliable in the past, so I'm more inclined to go with what they say tbh!

'kay, that's my contribution... I'm off back to the land of speculation about films I'll actually be watching!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
                          I just realised I hadn't commented on the thread, though I've had various discussion off forum about this. There are so many conflicting reports about this, it's hard to know what to believe. I think it would be great for Jensen to get a high publicity film, though personally I have no interest in it whatsoever, and so wouldn't get to see Jensen in the role which would be a real shame as it would be interesting to see him in something other that Spn and MBV. Of course, just because I don't want to watch the film doesn't mean that I wouldn't be happy if he got the role, though it's worth keeping in mind that this is a hell of a big committment -it's going to be a long series of films which means whoever gets it will be tied up for the next few years - that has both advantages and disadvantages, depending on your viewpoint!
                          Repots suggest that who ever gets the part has to sign for a nine picture deal, so that's a massive committment, pretty unheard of.

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
                          Some more links as of yesterday's date - only 1 mentions Jensen. I didn't see a date on the article you posted MWB, so it yet again may be conflicting information from the same day!

Digital Spy

The Hollywood Reporter

Den of Geek (love that name )

Digital Spy tends to be the font of all knowledge for an awful lot of things, and has always been reliable in the past, so I'm more inclined to go with what they say tbh!

'kay, that's my contribution... I'm off back to the land of speculation about films I'll actually be watching!
                          The collider article is dated the 24th as with the the DS/HR. I've generally found Collider fairly relieable, so who knows.

For people wanting more infomation you can check out the film's thread:- The First Avenger : Captain America Movie News/Spoilers/Discussion

Comment

Repots suggest that who ever gets the part has to sign for a nine picture deal, so that's a massive committment, pretty unheard of.
                            That's also why I'm not sure someone who's been contracted to a long running tv show would want to jump straight into something like that! Steady work on the other hand!

The collider article is dated the 24th as with the the DS/HR. I've generally found Collider fairly relieable, so who knows.
                            OK, thanks for that. I guess it's one we just have to wait and see what happens. I'll keep a look out for stuff on Collider then... not seen that site before!

sigpic

Comment

Yea i can actually see Jensen ackles as captain America, he would make a great captain America.

http://galaxygate.freeforums.org/index.php
                              Come and join My Doctor Who fourm....
                              http://galactictraveler.proboards.com/index.cgi

Comment

Working...
                              X