Any tv shows you could recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any tv shows you could recommend?

Hi there. I have recently started watching Jericho, which I love, and I have realized that there could be a lot of good shows out there that I have missed. So could you please recommend any shows that you like.

Here's a list of the shows that I've watched, is watching, or have tried to watch, but I didn't like them.
    Shows that I am currently watching are in green, shows that I have watched are in blue, and shows that I don't like, or have lost interest in are in red.

I know that I started a similar thread a while back, but that was just for sci fi shows. And right now it's winter, it's cold outside, and I'm bored.

Alias
    Heroes
    Chuck
    Jericho

Star Trek Enterprise
    Star Trek Voyager
    Star Trek Deep Space Nine
    Star Trek The Next Generation

Star Trek The Original Series
    The X-Files
    Doctor Who
    Torchwood

Stargate SG1
    Stargate Atlantis

Stargate Universe
    Battlestar Galactica
    Caprica
    Babylon 5
    Dollhouse
    Eureka
    Warehouse 13
    Fringe
    LOST

Sanctuary
    Smallville
    Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    Journeyman
    Andromeda
    The 4400

Ghost Whisperer
    FlashForward

Battlestar Galactica: 1978
    V: The Original Series

V 2009
    House
    The Simpsons
    Family Guy
    American Dad
    Futurama
    Dexter
    Weeds
    Scrubs
    Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 30 January 2010, 12:03 PM.
    sigpic

NCIS, and CSI los angeles
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

And what does this color code mean?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        And what does this color code mean?
        green-currenlty watching

blue already watched

red- watched didn't like

Comment

Do you have a Netflix account? you can always look for some older stuff, there was some fun shows back in the 80's, precursers to today's shows, like St. Elsewhere ran was the longest running medical series before ER. Father Dowling Mysteries was a rather humerous combination of mysteries and medicine.

If you liked Scott Bakula in Enterprise, you should check him out in his earlier series, Quantum Leap.

What about crime/mystery? Bones is good, very humerous, with some fun tech, if not always 100% realistic. and there are plenty of Law and Order and CSI spin offs to satisfy whatever craving, depending on if you like the crime scene, the investigation, the dective/victim/bad guy interactions, or the court room drama parts. I like Law and Order SVU.

And then there's Discovery Channel, and it's selection of real reality TV shows. No forced interactions of 20 something in ridiculous settings. Real people doing the day to day work that keeps the world running. Deadliest Catch, AxMen, Ice Road Truckers, a post global disaster experment called The Colony.

They are shows I wouldn't have thought of watching personally, but sometimes I just can't help myself lol.

I also admit a slight addiction to Ghost Hunters, and Ghost Hunters International.
          sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

Go back to B5 and Star Trek, brilliant stuff

Other thoughts:
            Deadwood
            Entourage
            Farscape
            Lexx
            Red Dwarf
            The Sopranos
            Star Wars: The Clone Wars
            The Wire
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by iamdragonrider View Post
              [B][COLOR="green"]Do you have a Netflix account?
              evil space alien doesn't live in america.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                evil space alien doesn't live in america.
                Awwrr. No netflix. They should really go global.
                sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

To be honest Spacey, or Evil, Alien, or whatever . You seem to have enough shows! I would recommend retrying Smallville, or at least try Season 9 which I have heard many people say is the best so far (or Season 8 as well). Primeval I have yet to watch but I've heard many good things and plan on trying to get caught up with that, it involves dinosaurs and dinosaurs = awesome. The Office (US Version) is fantastic, some episodes aren't very good but most of the time its a laugh but its not just a comedy as it has some drama in it as well (and a few episodes directed by Joss Whedon!). Buffy the Vampire Slayer is great, I just watching that(in its third season) and its pretty different but quite good. Firefly is like a better(IMO) version of Star Wars except without the jedi and just involves the crew of Han Solo, plus its in the uture not the past(). It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a hilarious comedy with Danny DeVito, but i'm not sure if it is available outside the US yet. The Mighty Boosh is also a lot of fun but it might be too weird for you. Stay AWAY frmo True Blood. Moonlight is a great cancelled series about a private investigator that is a vampire. The Dresden Files is a cancelled series about a wizard who....I guess is a kind of detective. Dead Like Me is a great series about....well a group of dead people. I can probably think of more but my mind is blank.

Oh! Animated series, don't worry these cartoons are not just for kids in fact some of them are enjoyed more by adults. Batman:The Animated Series, Superman:The Animated Series, Justice League/ Justice League Unlimited, The Venture Bros., Robot Chicken, Batman Beyond, Invader Zim, Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-men, Samurai Jack, Star Wars:Clone Wars(2003 version), and thats all I can think of for now....

Comment

You could try some anime... Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, Full Metal Panic or GTO.
                    Mia: Don't you hate that?
                    Vincent: Hate what?
                    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by iamdragonrider View Post
                      Do you have a Netflix account? you can always look for some older stuff, there was some fun shows back in the 80's, precursers to today's shows, like St. Elsewhere ran was the longest running medical series before ER. Father Dowling Mysteries was a rather humerous combination of mysteries and medicine.

If you liked Scott Bakula in Enterprise, you should check him out in his earlier series, Quantum Leap.

What about crime/mystery? Bones is good, very humerous, with some fun tech, if not always 100% realistic. and there are plenty of Law and Order and CSI spin offs to satisfy whatever craving, depending on if you like the crime scene, the investigation, the dective/victim/bad guy interactions, or the court room drama parts. I like Law and Order SVU.

And then there's Discovery Channel, and it's selection of real reality TV shows. No forced interactions of 20 something in ridiculous settings. Real people doing the day to day work that keeps the world running. Deadliest Catch, AxMen, Ice Road Truckers, a post global disaster experment called The Colony.

They are shows I wouldn't have thought of watching personally, but sometimes I just can't help myself lol.

I also admit a slight addiction to Ghost Hunters, and Ghost Hunters International.
                      As PA have said, I don't live in america.

I think I'll give Quantum Leap a try.

I tend to prefer british crime shows over american ones. I just think that british shows like the Midsomer Murders is of a higher quality. I have been interested in trying Bones, though, so I might give it a shot.

I'm not really a fan those shows on the Discovery channel. Mythbuster, on other hand, is something I enjoy watching. I haven't watched The Colony, but the premise sounds interesting.

Ghost Hunters!

*slowly backs away from dragonrider*

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Go back to B5 and Star Trek, brilliant stuff

Other thoughts:
                      Deadwood
                      Entourage
                      Farscape
                      Lexx
                      Red Dwarf
                      The Sopranos
                      Star Wars: The Clone Wars
                      The Wire
                      Not so brilliant in my opinion.

I have heard good things about Entourage, The Sopranos, Farscape, and The Wire. I'll give those shows a try first, and I'll move the rest of the shows on your list later on. Except for Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I'm not a big Star Wars fan. *hides*

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      To be honest Spacey, or Evil, Alien, or whatever . You seem to have enough shows! I would recommend retrying Smallville, or at least try Season 9 which I have heard many people say is the best so far (or Season 8 as well). Primeval I have yet to watch but I've heard many good things and plan on trying to get caught up with that, it involves dinosaurs and dinosaurs = awesome. The Office (US Version) is fantastic, some episodes aren't very good but most of the time its a laugh but its not just a comedy as it has some drama in it as well (and a few episodes directed by Joss Whedon!). Buffy the Vampire Slayer is great, I just watching that(in its third season) and its pretty different but quite good. Firefly is like a better(IMO) version of Star Wars except without the jedi and just involves the crew of Han Solo, plus its in the uture not the past(). It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a hilarious comedy with Danny DeVito, but i'm not sure if it is available outside the US yet. The Mighty Boosh is also a lot of fun but it might be too weird for you. Stay AWAY frmo True Blood. Moonlight is a great cancelled series about a private investigator that is a vampire. The Dresden Files is a cancelled series about a wizard who....I guess is a kind of detective. Dead Like Me is a great series about....well a group of dead people. I can probably think of more but my mind is blank.

Oh! Animated series, don't worry these cartoons are not just for kids in fact some of them are enjoyed more by adults. Batman:The Animated Series, Superman:The Animated Series, Justice League/ Justice League Unlimited, The Venture Bros., Robot Chicken, Batman Beyond, Invader Zim, Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-men, Samurai Jack, Star Wars:Clone Wars(2003 version), and thats all I can think of for now....
                      I don't think I'll watch Smallville again. I just got sick of it during season 8. Eh.
                      The way you're describing The Office makes it sound a bit like Scrubs in that it has both comedy and drama. I've seen snippets of a couple episodes, but I haven't been able to watch entire episode. I think I'll give it a shot.

Firefly and Primeval sounds intersting from what I've read on wikipedia.
                      I think I've heard of Moolight. Back when David Blue was cast as Eli Wallace. Wasn't Blue in a couple of episodes of Moonlight?

I already know to stay as far away as possible from True Blood.

I kind of despise superhero stuff. The only exception is Heroes, partly because they don't have any of those silly costumes. I'll probably stay away from most of those cartoons you mentioned. I may try a couple of them just to see if I'm pleasantly suprised like with The Simpson, Family Guy, American Dad, and Futurama (I forgot to put the last two on the list).
                      Last edited by EvilSpaceAlien; 30 January 2010, 12:10 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Dark Angel
                        sigpic

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_(TV_series)

angel one of my fave shows.

Comment

Farscape !!!
                            ^ I've seen some of that and Angel, they seem alright . (Yeah, I realise they're not the same thing )

Kommisar/Inspector Rex... ... minus a few episodes .
                            Stocki/Stockinger
                            Der Sandmann

Do you like animé ?

Yes, you must watch Farscape .
                            I don't watch TV much . I'm very picky . Other than these ones, you have them

The new Dr Who with David Tennant's quite good . I used to utterly loathe it, then two friends forced me to watch it and I enjoyed it .

EDIT: Of course cartoons aren't just for children. Unfortunately, they are marketed as such and cut ... Eg the original Naruto is quite gory and swears ... a lot , but the English version is aimed at young children, so it isn't like that . Ruruni Kenshin is rated MA (restricted to 15 years and older) due to violence.... etc .

Comment

Dead Like Me is really good.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X