• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolute Justice, Part 2 (912)

Visit the Episode GuideSMALLVILLE SEASON NINE
    ABSOLUTE JUSTICE, PART 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 912

Clark, Olli, and John Jones join the survivors of the Justice Society in tracking down the Icicle, while a mysterious player with her own agenda gives Lois the exclusive on the heroes of the past.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >

Special Note: This thread covers the second half of "Absolute Justice," which originally
    aired as a single movie event. If you want to talk about only Part 1 in particular,
    please use the "Absolute Justice, Part 1" thread instead.
    Last edited by Darren; 09 May 2011, 03:22 PM.

This episode(and its first part) was utterly fantastic. Best Smallville episode to date! We got to see so much! When is the next two-hour event!

Comment

Loved the episode, Dr Fate stole it for me. So glad that Martian Manhunter got his powers back! And the coming apocalypse.... what could it be? I've read some theories, which would work as a season 10 storyline!

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
        Loved the episode, Dr Fate stole it for me. So glad that Martian Manhunter got his powers back! And the coming apocalypse.... what could it be? I've read some theories, which would work as a season 10 storyline!
        I'm thinking she actually meant
        Spoiler:
        Apokolips(or however its spelled), which might mean Supes most dangerous foe, Darkseid.
        That would be an epic final season of Smallville. I loved seeing Martian Manhunter in his true form even if only was for a few seconds! Dr. Fate was indeed quite a show stealer, although Michael Shanks was the best to me, Dr. Fate wasn't far behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          I'm thinking she actually meant
          Spoiler:
          Apokolips(or however its spelled), which might mean Supes most dangerous foe, Darkseid.
          that seems to be the general consensus from what i've read.

Comment

I really loved this. The beginning with Chloe, the Star Spangled Kid, and Icecicle was amazing, and it was nice to see Chloe actually have something to do.

Clark being proactive and investigating on his own was great, and as much as I love Lois I was happy that she had a supporting role here.

I hope that TPTB can find a balance that gives all the characters screentime like they did here.

I loved the end scene with Oliver, John, and Chloe going out together. The first steps toward the JLA becomming a family were long overdue and I hope this leads to a better working group of superheroes.

Though, I have to say that I wasn't all that impressed with Shanks. He was ok, but his "Dark Knight" growling was very distracting. Pam Grier as Amanda Waller was a bit of a let down as well, but Checkmate/the Suicide Squad could be amazing.

Also, the apocalypse is coming. . . As in Apokolips? Is Darkseid coming to Smallville?
            Originally posted by Callista
            Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
            Originally posted by HPMom
            She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Awesome episode. I wonder where Zod and his soldiers will fit in this whole apocalypse (at least part of it), maybe he'll get to finish the tower.
              Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

I really enjoyed the Absolute Justice movie event, thanks to the experienced writing skills of Geoff Johns there was plenty of stuff in there for comic fans to reference and to give tribute to the JSA years. Loved the pairing off and interaction between characters especially Clark & Dr Fate, Green Arrow & Hawkman and Cloe and Stargirl.

I have recently started watching Smallville again after missing about 5 seasons and am quite enjoying season 9. I love the change in attitude from teen drama and the move to the city. Having watched most of season 9 I guess I have become more accustomed to the style of the stories they tell and the methods the actors have to use to allow the audience to suspend their of disbelief in some very bizarre situations. Glad to see else where Mr Shanks getting some good feedback from this
                AncientsTimeline

Comment

i loved this episode!

just lots of nice moments, and i adored the 'we're a family' feel the old super heroes where showing to the younger ones. (i see chloe implementing some of this now)

very nice, all around!
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                    I really loved this. The beginning with Chloe, the Star Spangled Kid, and Icecicle was amazing, and it was nice to see Chloe actually have something to do.

Clark being proactive and investigating on his own was great, and as much as I love Lois I was happy that she had a supporting role here.

I hope that TPTB can find a balance that gives all the characters screentime like they did here.

I loved the end scene with Oliver, John, and Chloe going out together. The first steps toward the JLA becomming a family were long overdue and I hope this leads to a better working group of superheroes.

Though, I have to say that I wasn't all that impressed with Shanks. He was ok, but his "Dark Knight" growling was very distracting. Pam Grier as Amanda Waller was a bit of a let down as well, but Checkmate/the Suicide Squad could be amazing.

Also, the apocalypse is coming. . . As in Apokolips? Is Darkseid coming to Smallville?
                    I agree the whole movie event came together very nicely for those of us who could watch it.
                    Mr Shanks was for me the ony reason I sat down and watched Smallville again after being away from it for so long.

Space
                    sigpic
                    Made by me.

Comment

I decided to watch it because of Michael Shanks.
                      Well, I wasn't wowed. For starters, I truly despise those silly superhero costumes. Seriously, MS looked utterly ridiculous. Also I'm not a big fan of the writing either. These two episodes did not manage to make me interested in Smallville again. Sorry.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                        I decided to watch it because of Michael Shanks.
                        Well, I wasn't wowed. For starters, I truly despise those silly superhero costumes. Seriously, MS looked utterly ridiculous. Also I'm not a big fan of the writing either. These two episodes did not manage to make me interested in Smallville again. Sorry.
                        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sprinkles View Post
                          I really enjoyed the Absolute Justice movie event, thanks to the experienced writing skills of Geoff Johns there was plenty of stuff in there for comic fans to reference and to give tribute to the JSA years. Loved the pairing off and interaction between characters especially Clark & Dr Fate, Green Arrow & Hawkman and Cloe and Stargirl.

I have recently started watching Smallville again after missing about 5 seasons and am quite enjoying season 9. I love the change in attitude from teen drama and the move to the city. Having watched most of season 9 I guess I have become more accustomed to the style of the stories they tell and the methods the actors have to use to allow the audience to suspend their of disbelief in some very bizarre situations. Glad to see else where Mr Shanks getting some good feedback from this
                          THIS.

I think Geoff Johns did a great job, and there were some very good performances throughout.

Chloe, I loved, I always did. I gave up on Smallville a few years ago ... not enough time, too many shows! ... and I really like how front and centre she was here.

I tuned in for Michael Shanks, and I wasn't disappointed. He has this terrific ability to bring depth and feeling to characters, which is exactly what he did here with Hall/Hawkman. Loved his scenes with Oliver and Dr Fate especially. Costumes don't bother me; they're superheroes, they wear costumes. The voice? Just used to emphasise the difference between Hall and Hawkman, I suppose. No biggie.

I adored the family vibe of the JSA, and, watching alongside a comic fan of nearly 50 years' standing, he adored it, and was handily able to fill me in on a lot of the background character stuff.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I might have to start watching Smallville again.

Comment

WOW!!!! I'm at a loss for words! I really enjoyed this! I've always loved Smallville, but this time...I was was utterly wowed by the episode!

Excellent work!
                            sigpic

Comment

the show has become utterly ridiculous
                              maybe it's because I'm not a comics fan so I have no idea who these heroes are supposed to be
                              but it's nothing like the show I used to enjoy in the early seasons

I'm done with SV.

Comment

Working...
                              X