• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Kate Does (603)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON SIX
    WHAT KATE DOES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 603

While attempting to escape the marshal's custody, Kate finds herself entangled with Claire's. Jack must decide whether to trust the Others and put Sayid's life at risk once again.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 11 March 2010, 06:39 AM.

I'm glad they got the Kate episode out of the way early.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Loved this episode. Great to see Claire back, and Ethan too (didn't see him coming). Was it me, or did 'Island-Claire' seem like she was dressed as an 'Other'? If so, it seems to indicate that whatever darkness was growing in her was cured (she is alive and well), so surely Sayid can be saved in similar fashion?

Was nice to have kung-fu guy (can't remember his name) speak English for most of the episode too; nice to get a definition of why he spoke foreign so much. Makes sense, and added for a nice twist. I do wonder though, what is up with Sayid. It was speculated that he was possessed or something; and it makes sense. I figure 'darkness' refers to our good friend Smokey?
      sigpic
      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

was it me or did sayid even sound different? his voice and cadence seemed different than usual
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          was it me or did sayid even sound different? his voice and cadence seemed different than usual
          A friend of mine said that too, though I expect it was his recording or maybe the fact he'd just come back from the dead.

I think, if there was suppose to be something noticed of this, then the other characters would have said something.
          sigpic
          It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
            Loved this episode. Great to see Claire back, and Ethan too (didn't see him coming). Was it me, or did 'Island-Claire' seem like she was dressed as an 'Other'? If so, it seems to indicate that whatever darkness was growing in her was cured (she is alive and well), so surely Sayid can be saved in similar fashion?

Was nice to have kung-fu guy (can't remember his name) speak English for most of the episode too; nice to get a definition of why he spoke foreign so much. Makes sense, and added for a nice twist. I do wonder though, what is up with Sayid. It was speculated that he was possessed or something; and it makes sense. I figure 'darkness' refers to our good friend Smokey?
            Don't think Claire was dressed like an Other. I think she was ment to resemble Rousseau. As for Sayid, i don't think the darkness or rather "the sickness" is smokey although it's related to him somehow. The sickness is obviously the sickness we've heard about since the beginining of the series (and its ironic that Rousseau original thought Sayid had the sickness, and now he does) from Rousseau and the same thing that infected her boyfriend. As to what this sickness is, i have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
              Don't think Claire was dressed like an Other. I think she was ment to resemble Rousseau. As for Sayid, i don't think the darkness or rather "the sickness" is smokey although it's related to him somehow. The sickness is obviously the sickness we've heard about since the beginining of the series (and its ironic that Rousseau original thought Sayid had the sickness, and now he does) from Rousseau and the same thing that infected her boyfriend. As to what this sickness is, i have no idea.
              Hopefully, we will have a clearer picture soon.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Do you guys remember the past seasons or what?

It's explained why Sayid is acting strange... the water, or whateer that spring is... changes people. That's what the "risks" are of using it. It's mentioned when Kate takes Ben to the temple too. The person is never quiet the same after the use.

I'm not sure how far this change goes though, I believe it is partly responsible for Ben being evil though...

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                  I'm glad they got the Kate episode out of the way early.
                  kate has been a miserable pain the whole series, and this week's episode sucked, and yes, glad they finally got her out of th way, what a waste of an episode..
                  My Story:
                  http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

This episode is what i was afraid was going to happen in the final season. That is, spending an entire episode (45 mins) and not actually doing anything significant plotwise. The stuff about Sayid could have came together far quicker and i don't think we needed the long winded Sawyer moping scenes and the flash sideways could have been allot shorter. They have a finite amount of airtime left, i want to know some ACTUAL answers to things, i really hope it doesn't dawdle like this for the rest of the season, i want it to keep at a brisk pace plotwise like the season premiere. This week the standard went down imo and pun intended, i hope the plane can pull itself back up and out of the nosedive.

Comment

there are always superb episodes and good episodes, still they try to clear something up, loved this episode! and i think im liking alt kate more than our kate ^^ jh was awesome, and the kung-fu guy is called dagon, jack is badass in this season how he tried to swallow the pill, awesome!
                      sigpic

Comment

what i'm wondering about the water...what if it doesn't make you 'bad'....but reverses you.

ben was a kid, innocent and traumatized. and he was turned into a manipulative jerk that cold bloodedly used people.

well sayid is a murderer and torturer. he's already pretty dark. what if the dip in the water turns mister badass iraqui into a mile mannered man?

that could be the kind of twist that such things often have, if you save those that are usually deemed 'worthy' of being saved, you make a monster, yet if you save a monster, you save them

sigpic

Comment

I've put up with time travel, parallel universes, the fountain of youth, invisible people, Egyptian Gods, prophets and a button that must be pressed every 108 minutes; but this is the point where my suspension of disbelief is stretched. No way on Earth would Kate drive Claire to the house, she's on the run from the police for murder!

Apart from that I quite liked this episode, but I still keep coming back to that one point, it just doesn't seem believable to me.

Comment

true, it is a bit of a stretch. she could have at least dumped the cab and gotten another car

sigpic

Comment

My lady friend wouldn't shut up about Kate still driving the cab, kinda like how Locke jumped into the drivers seat with the busted leg last year. Sure, this episode slowed things down a bit. I, personally, dont really care about the alternate universe. But, i'm confident its all leading to something great. So, in the mean time, <mod snip>!!!. Were only on the 3rd episode. You cant possibly expect "The Constant" and "Dead is Dead" all season long...

have a little faith!

isn't that what this show is trying to teach us?

On the topic of Sayid being 'sick', remember last year, when roussaue (sp) shot her husband? They got into a standoff, maybe he was fine for a while then started to show 'differences', perhaps we will see these differences in Sayid? My question now is, will he be bad this season? It would appear two sides are being formed here...Smoky Locke leading one side, obviously....so who will lead the other side?

Many new questions with few answers revealed. As for Claire, i think shes been on her own for a while. I believe Christian/Smoky 'claimed' her and influenced her to brake the ash around the cabin sometime at the end of season 4 which allowed 'it' to escape. With this, it leads me to believe the smoke monster no longer needs to be summoned. It can do as it pleases. It had power beyond the cabin but was being used by the others for their own purposes. Smoky has been using people like chess pieces since the losties arrival, to be freed. As Christian, smoky tried to kill Jack almost immediately early on, anyone catch that? That Christians 'ghost' tried to kill him by leading him off a cliff? Could Jack be the ultimate opposer? Did 'Christian' realize he COULD NOT KILL JACK, PERSONALLY? Claire mayve been the easiest to influence as Christian is her father. Smoky can do some pretty cool things with dead bodies being brought to it, apparantly. I think something very similar has been done with Sayid....Going back to last year, when Jacob said "theyre coming", i now believe he was referring to the losties in the 70s. They seem to be so important to the temple others. This now leads me to believe they are the opposers of smoky. They are the other side and without them the 'war' will be lost. In the Lost Experience, Hanso talks about how the numbers were an equation that needed to be solved or time would cease to exist. Its all about manipulating the enviornment in order to change the numbers. Thus, solving the problem, apparantly. With this, i get that these people simply bring with them the 'correct' enviornment needed to change the numbers.

Ive read there isnt enough info out there to be able to guess everything and while this may be pretty far off, it seems to fit.

And i apologize for my poor writing, my own personal excitement constantly gets in the way and causes my to ramble a bit
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 11 February 2010, 12:35 PM.
                              When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

Working...
                              X