PDA

View Full Version : Title Sequence

Replicator Todd
January 29th, 2010, 06:38 PM
I just have to say that the title sequence for Caprica is amazing! Does anyone else agree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94numNDC8h0

the fifth man
January 29th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Yeah, it is pretty sweet!

Pharaoh Atem
January 30th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Joseph kneeling down to pray over the grave is a bit weird but other then that i like it

Replicator Todd
January 30th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Joseph kneeling down to pray over the grave is a bit weird but other then that i like it

Thats my favorite part...:weiranime42:

huntress
January 30th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I really love it. They have put so much care into it. Nowadays a lot of shows do not even get much of a title sequence or they cut it to save time for commercials.

Osiris
January 30th, 2010, 03:13 PM
It really is amazing! The transitions, the symbolism and everything.

aretood2
January 30th, 2010, 03:20 PM
For some reason it reminds me more of a Fantasy than a Sci Fi. But yeah, its good.

DigiFluid
January 30th, 2010, 10:29 PM
I love it. There's something about the whole style of it that really appeals to me, plus (of course) Bear's music.

I also love that it's character driven--no actor's names overlaid. Speaks very highly of the dedication of the series IMO. Presuming, of course, that it stays that way.

Angela V
January 31st, 2010, 12:24 AM
Don't know if I like it yet or not. Just seemed really different and like a stage theatre play. Though I was surprised there was an opening considering how short everyone has been going lately with just showing a title and a bit of music.

Replicator Todd
January 31st, 2010, 10:10 AM
I love how different it is, for some reason it kinda reminds of something Tim Burton would do. I'm so gald this show has an opening sequence.....I love title sequence's in shows. And i'm upset SGU doesn't have one. I did think BSG's was a little too long though. :P

Skydiver
February 1st, 2010, 04:12 AM
the open sets a tone for the show, adn lays out the players, and I enjoy it. it says to me 'these actors are players on a stage' and suggests that they hired a good actor for a role, not 'let's see what name pulls us the most ratings'

aretood2
February 1st, 2010, 08:15 AM
the open sets a tone for the show, adn lays out the players, and I enjoy it. it says to me 'these actors are players on a stage' and suggests that they hired a good actor for a role, not 'let's see what name pulls us the most ratings'

Well I hate to say it but this is one way that caprica out does SGU...

Skydiver
February 2nd, 2010, 03:44 AM
yes, well SGU isn't remotely on topic, so.....back to the caprica opening sequence please.

abs c
February 2nd, 2010, 08:09 AM
Caprica starts over here in the UK tonite..in a few hours...lookin forward to seeing it and the opening sequence, as thats one thing that really makes a show...a really fantastic opening sequence! cant wait!!

Mongoletsi
February 3rd, 2010, 08:25 AM
Not made my mind up yet. Bit tacky, but also quite different to other genre stuff. Gonna sit on the fence :P

capricaabydos
February 4th, 2010, 01:14 PM
I just have to say that the title sequence for Caprica is amazing! Does anyone else agree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94numNDC8h0

Yup, I agree, its amazing!!!!

shipper hannah
February 4th, 2010, 02:14 PM
It's unusual, very stylised and visually appealing.

It's better than just a montage and the theme is understated enough that it isn't going to get annoying.

capricaabydos
February 6th, 2010, 01:05 PM
The more I watch it the more I like it, it is very interesting indeed!!!!

Osiris
February 7th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Someone needs to make an animated gif of the title sequence! :)

Pharaoh Atem
February 7th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Someone needs to make an animated gif of the title sequence! :)

and make it within the forum rules.

Replicator Todd
February 7th, 2010, 08:53 PM
and make it within the forum rules.

:indeed:

Osiris
February 9th, 2010, 08:13 AM
I never said it should be used on this forum. Buzz killer. :p

Skydiver
February 11th, 2010, 03:44 AM
just dont' post it with IMG tags.

aretood2
February 19th, 2010, 08:00 PM
yes, well SGU isn't remotely on topic, so.....back to the caprica opening sequence please.
Over zealous much? ;)

But seriously, does anyone get that fantasy feel from it?

DigiFluid
February 19th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't say 'fantasy', but it has a feel to it that I'd liken to Sanctuary or Warehouse 13's intro.

Replicator Todd
February 19th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I wouldn't say 'fantasy', but it has a feel to it that I'd liken to Sanctuary or Warehouse 13's intro.

Very much so! At times though It feels like something from a Tim Burton film.

aretood2
February 20th, 2010, 06:17 AM
I think its a good thing though, that way there's no "It's a soap not a Sci Fi!" thing. The feelings by the intro are set in a way that when Watching it feels like the right genre....I wonder if this was intentional?

Jimmylad89
March 6th, 2010, 09:56 AM
the only bit i dont like is the infinty symbol hand over bit apart from that its good to see a title sequence rather than a title card like most new sci fi nowadays

Egle01
December 25th, 2010, 02:21 PM
I love it. There's something about the whole style of it that really appeals to me, plus (of course) Bear's music.This. The more I see the opening, the more I like it. :)

Pharaoh Atem
December 25th, 2010, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BYxWWQKFs8&feature=player_embedded