X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortal Kombat (Reboot) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Warner rebooting 'Mortal Kombat'?

Warner Bros is reportedly developing a new Mortal Kombat film.

The studio has hired writer Oren Uziel to pen the movie, reports Bloody Disgusting. Uziel's script for Shimmer Lake made the Hollywood blacklist of well-regarded but unproduced screenplays.

The new picture will apparently reboot the franchise, which kicked off with 1995's Mortal Kombat starring Christopher Lambert and directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.

The original film, based on the video game of the same name, spawned 1997 sequel Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, replacing Lambert with James Remar.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...al-kombat.html

I'm very intrigued by the fact Mortal Kombat is being rebooted, I sense a large array of video game based movies heading our way in the future. And maybe not bad ones.

Comment

Personally I am glad to see a reboot as opposed to a sequel, although it does make me wonder about who they will get to star in it. I hard read Linden Ashby confirmed he'd be in a new movie. So will be interesting to hear if they'll reboot with original cast.

sigpic

Comment

I'm the opposite. I'd much rather see a sequel as I don't see them topping the original.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          Personally I am glad to see a reboot as opposed to a sequel, although it does make me wonder about who they will get to star in it. I hard read Linden Ashby confirmed he'd be in a new movie. So will be interesting to hear if they'll reboot with original cast.
          I wouldn't want any of the old cast in a reboot. Did you see Linden Ashby in Resident Evil Extinction?

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          I'm the opposite. I'd much rather see a sequel as I don't see them topping the original.
          The original movie is probably one of the better, if not the best VG adaptation and a fighting game at that. It seems the more time goes on VG movies get worse.

As Replicator Todd said, there maybe alot of movies based on video games coming soon, maybe one of them will get it right.

Next one up is Tekken and from the trailer it ...................
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GuHNDoi View Post
            I wouldn't want any of the old cast in a reboot. Did you see Linden Ashby in Resident Evil Extinction?

The original movie is probably one of the better, if not the best VG adaptation and a fighting game at that. It seems the more time goes on VG movies get worse.

As Replicator Todd said, there maybe alot of movies based on video games coming soon, maybe one of them will get it right.

Someone's bound to get it right sooner or later.....Right? I mean the law of averages an' all
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              Someone's bound to get it right sooner or later.....Right? I mean the law of averages an' all
              My money would be on Prince of Persia. It will probably get mixed reaction from critics, but critics generally dont have the same opinions as the audicane

Comment

He was in that? Mustn't have been a big part because I don't remember him at all.

sigpic

Comment

He was in that? Mustn't have been a big part because I don't remember him at all.
                  Yeah he was Chase, the Cowboy dude!
                  Spoiler:

BTW, you guys seen these MK Game reboot concepts by Vincent Proce?
                  Check em out!

http://vincentproceart.blogspot.com/...en-mortal.html
                  Last edited by GuHNDoi; 29 January 2010, 05:25 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    My money would be on Prince of Persia. It will probably get mixed reaction from critics, but critics generally dont have the same opinions as the audicane
                    I don't listen to critics any more. Not since they gave American psycho rave reviews I've never been so bored in all my life

Oh good, I thought it was just me that didn't remember him in the movie
                    sigpic

Comment

i missed the original mortal kombat craze so this time around i plan in enjoying it
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Yeah he was Chase, the Cowboy dude!
                        Spoiler:

BTW, you guys seen these MK Game reboot concepts by Vincent Proce?
                        Check em out!

http://vincentproceart.blogspot.com/...en-mortal.html
                        Oh now I remember. Didn't think he was bad in that, but wasn't great either since I completely forgot him. That said, I've forgotten most of the RE movies.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X