Repairing the destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repairing the destiny

Is it possible that the stargate seeder ships could be used to repair the destiny?
    If the ancients accounted for the possibility that hostile life forms are out there and that the destiny would be attacked and damaged, would it be possible that there would be a command sequence in the computer core that would tell the seeders to come to the destiny and initiate repairs.
    its got a few holes, but with a few modifications it could be a plausible way of repairing the destiny.

I would have put some repair systems on Destiny itself, but seeders sound like a descent backup.
    MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

I believe that it is unlikely, all the seeders ships where launched far ahead of the destiny, by thousands of millions of years the possibility is slim that they could return in time, since the damages appear to be pretty recent.

Originally posted by k^2
      I would have put some repair systems on Destiny itself, but seeders sound like a descent backup.
      Like what? The total material require to repair any section would be impractical for storage. For small damages ok, but impossible for the large ones as the round courtyard venting air into space.
      sigpic
      - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
        Like what? The total material require to repair any section would be impractical for storage. For small damages ok, but impossible for the large ones as the round courtyard venting air into space.
        the ancients might've mastered technology like the matter-energy converter similar to the star trek replicator.
        if they did then they wouldn't need to store materials for the repair mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
          I believe that it is unlikely, all the seeders ships where launched far ahead of the destiny, by thousands of millions of years the possibility is slim that they could return in time, since the damages appear to be pretty recent.
          firts of all "thousands of millions of years"? that has never been stated.
          and imo yes the seeders would imo be a great repair platform for the destiny and im positive well see a seeder ship before the series ends with a heap of loose ends (as thats Sg tradition )

and pretty rescent damage? how could you possibly tell? its CGI.

Comment

Originally posted by timstro59 View Post
            the ancients might've mastered technology like the matter-energy converter similar to the star trek replicator.
            if they did then they wouldn't need to store materials for the repair mechanism.

yup they have as seen in "the quest" part 1&2 merlin had one of those devices so the ancients def had the tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
              yup they have as seen in "the quest" part 1&2 merlin had one of those devices so the ancients def had the tech.
              but thats millions of years after the destiny was launched.

Comment

I would have assumed that destiny has some automated repair facility.

I don't care how absurdly durable Ancient built things but without some self repair capability I don't think Destiny could have run past 100.000 thousand years and thats streching it.

It would need to replace parts as they get worn out and expire and the ocassional new hostile race it encounters and shoots holes in it that it would need to repair.

Comment

but thats millions of years after the destiny was launched.
                  well if you rewatch Air part whatever again youll notice Rush doesnt say millions of years but "hundreds of thousands" that itself is in contridiction to atlantis leaving earth "several million years ago" but still.
                  also the tech merlin used was old alteran MW tech not modern top of the line Pegasus tech so IMO it def plausible that the ancients have used matter conversion tech for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by mirdin1992 View Post
                    I would have assumed that destiny has some automated repair facility.
                    if that was the case the destiny wouldve been found in prestine condition. it was not.

Comment

that was probably a type-o from the writers.
                      it was also said that the destiny was launched at the height of there power which would put the launch of the destiny somewhere between 200 million and 100 million years.

Comment

that was probably a type-o from the writers.
                        it was also said that the destiny was launched at the height of there power which would put the launch of the destiny somewhere between 200 million and 100 million years.
                        where are you getting this timeline from? it has never been stated how old the alteran civilasation is! and right now you are wildly speculating on their age. and i say again Rush said hundreds of thousands ie that is cannon even tho it doesnt follow continuity but SG has never been very good at that anyway.

Comment

Is it possible that the stargate seeder ships could be used to repair the destiny?
                          If the ancients accounted for the possibility that hostile life forms are out there and that the destiny would be attacked and damaged, would it be possible that there would be a command sequence in the computer core that would tell the seeders to come to the destiny and initiate repairs.
                          its got a few holes, but with a few modifications it could be a plausible way of repairing the destiny.
                          how do we know the seeder ship can help with repairs?? ( did i miss something) ??
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            how do we know the seeder ship can help with repairs?? ( did i miss something) ??
                            he is asking a question and asuming the seeders could be used in that manner as they are prob capable of making stargates and god knows what else

Comment

Interesting but highly unlikely idea.

I would guess that any repairs done to the destiny will have to be completed by the crew. I wouldn't rule out eventually making an ally or two that might sell, loan or trade with us to help us get some tools to assist in the repairs!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X