Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghostfacers: The internet Supernatural spin-off

Supernatural gains internet spin-off

Ten three-minute episodes of Supernatural spin-off Ghostfacers is being produced by Wonderland TV and Warner Bros. TV to premiere on the internet.

Created for the first season episode ‘Hell House’ by Trey Callaway, the team of ghost hunters who tape their exploits in a documentary fashion also appeared in the third season story Ghostfacers. A.J. Buckley, Travis Wester, Brittany Ishibashi and Austin Basis will star in the web episodes, with Buckley and Wester also writing the project with Patrick Doody and Chris Valenziano.

"It felt like the nature and style of what they do with their show-within-a-show would be fun to see in new media," Wonderland TV's Peter Johnson explained to Variety. "It's a fun, subversive way to allow these characters to play in the margins."

The episodes will appear on TheWB.com and the CW's website, with other specially shot content.

http://totalscifionline.com/news/456...ernet-spin-off

Oh dear Lord. Noooooo!!!

They had an unofficial convention about 10 minutes from my house last Hallowe'en... a 2 day one!! I was off seeing Green Day live in concert at the time, so I couldn't go... I was heartbroken... not!

I thought they were pretty amusing in Hell House, and the bit in It's a terrible life was funny, but the actual Ghostfacers ep is one that I will bypass with every re-watch I do!

sigpic

Comment

Really? Really? *stratches head*
      sigpic

Comment

Wow, I did not see this coming.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It makes me wonder how they made the decision ... do they have some kind of cult following like The Lone Gunmen from The X Files?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
            It makes me wonder how they made the decision ... do they have some kind of cult following like The Lone Gunmen from The X Files?
            I guess anything is possible. I really liked them, but not enough to watch webisodes about them.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I guess anything is possible. I really liked them, but not enough to watch webisodes about them.
              The Lone Gunmen were pretty cool in a geeky way though. I just don't see it with the Ghostfacers... I'm sure they'll get people watching it just because it's Spn related. *shrugs*

sigpic

Comment

I'm still underwhelmed by this!
                sigpic

Comment

Maybe it's an indication of how big their fanbase is that not many people are replying!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
                    Maybe it's an indication of how big their fanbase is that not many people are replying!
                    Very true...there's what....3 people responding to this thread? 4 if you include MWB
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      Very true...there's what....3 people responding to this thread? 4 if you include MWB
                      I've seen people lurking, maybe they're just shy. Or too gobsmacked to say anything!!

sigpic

Comment

Personally i think the WB could be testing the waters with these webisodes for a potensial tv spin-off.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                          Personally i think the WB could be testing the waters with these webisodes for a potensial tv spin-off.
                          Pretty bad idea IMO.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

^^ That seems to be the consensus so far.... does anyone think it's a good idea?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Pretty bad idea IMO.
                              Yes...a bad potential idea!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X