PDA

View Full Version : Ghostfacers: The internet Supernatural spin-off

Madwelshboy
January 26th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Supernatural gains internet spin-off

Ten three-minute episodes of Supernatural spin-off Ghostfacers is being produced by Wonderland TV and Warner Bros. TV to premiere on the internet.

Created for the first season episode ‘Hell House’ by Trey Callaway, the team of ghost hunters who tape their exploits in a documentary fashion also appeared in the third season story Ghostfacers. A.J. Buckley, Travis Wester, Brittany Ishibashi and Austin Basis will star in the web episodes, with Buckley and Wester also writing the project with Patrick Doody and Chris Valenziano.

"It felt like the nature and style of what they do with their show-within-a-show would be fun to see in new media," Wonderland TV's Peter Johnson explained to Variety. "It's a fun, subversive way to allow these characters to play in the margins."

The episodes will appear on TheWB.com and the CW's website, with other specially shot content.

http://totalscifionline.com/news/4566-supernatural-gains-internet-spin-off

queen_hathor
January 26th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Oh dear Lord. Noooooo!!! :lol:

They had an unofficial convention about 10 minutes from my house last Hallowe'en... a 2 day one!! :eek: I was off seeing Green Day live in concert at the time, so I couldn't go... I was heartbroken... not! :p

I thought they were pretty amusing in Hell House, and the bit in It's a terrible life was funny, but the actual Ghostfacers ep is one that I will bypass with every re-watch I do! :S

LtColCarter
January 26th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Really? :confused: Really? *stratches head*

the fifth man
January 26th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Wow, I did not see this coming.:eek:

queen_hathor
January 27th, 2010, 03:05 AM
It makes me wonder how they made the decision ... do they have some kind of cult following like The Lone Gunmen from The X Files? :S

the fifth man
January 27th, 2010, 05:17 PM
It makes me wonder how they made the decision ... do they have some kind of cult following like The Lone Gunmen from The X Files? :S

I guess anything is possible. I really liked them, but not enough to watch webisodes about them.

queen_hathor
January 28th, 2010, 01:24 AM
I guess anything is possible. I really liked them, but not enough to watch webisodes about them.
The Lone Gunmen were pretty cool in a geeky way though. I just don't see it with the Ghostfacers... I'm sure they'll get people watching it just because it's Spn related. *shrugs*

LtColCarter
January 28th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I'm still underwhelmed by this!

queen_hathor
January 28th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Maybe it's an indication of how big their fanbase is that not many people are replying! :lol:

LtColCarter
January 28th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Maybe it's an indication of how big their fanbase is that not many people are replying! :lol:

Very true...there's what....3 people responding to this thread? 4 if you include MWB

queen_hathor
January 28th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Very true...there's what....3 people responding to this thread? 4 if you include MWB
I've seen people lurking, maybe they're just shy. Or too gobsmacked to say anything!! :lol:

Madwelshboy
January 28th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Personally i think the WB could be testing the waters with these webisodes for a potensial tv spin-off.

the fifth man
January 28th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Personally i think the WB could be testing the waters with these webisodes for a potensial tv spin-off.

Pretty bad idea IMO.

queen_hathor
January 29th, 2010, 09:57 AM
^^ That seems to be the consensus so far.... does anyone think it's a good idea? :lol:

LtColCarter
January 30th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Pretty bad idea IMO.

Yes...a bad potential idea!

Krisz
February 26th, 2010, 08:22 PM
:confused:.................:tealcanime49:.............:S.................:eek:

The 'Ghostfacers' were a great comic foil for the intensity of Sam and Dean's reality. That's where they should stay, the small doses we've seen, no more than that!

queen_hathor
February 27th, 2010, 02:06 AM
:confused:.................:tealcanime49:.............:S.................:eek:

:lol: That about sums it up!

MusicalMorphine
February 27th, 2010, 08:14 AM
I don't know, I know a few people on the SPN forum that are pretty into the Ghostfacers.

queen_hathor
February 27th, 2010, 08:47 AM
I only know 1 person who really enjoys the ep Ghostfacers! :lol:

As I've said before, vaguely amusing in It's a terrible life and that's about it! I did see the guy who plays ... er, dunno which one... anyway, he was in a S1 ep of Scrubs. Totally useless and incomplete info there Queen, well done! :rolleyes: :p

the fifth man
February 27th, 2010, 05:16 PM
I like the Ghostfacers, but just not enough to watch them on their own.

LtColCarter
February 28th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Thought they were a bit lame....

Madwelshboy
April 5th, 2010, 02:15 AM
WC 10: Supernatural Spinoff Comes To WonderCon

Warner Bros. Television will host a special exclusive screening of the first three episodes of the Supernatural Web spinoff Ghostfacers, at WonderCon in San Francisco on Friday, April 2. The new Web series follows a group of ghost hunters first introduced in season one of Supernatural.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/108/1080437p1.html

Cast photo:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/ghostfacers-20100329030740150_640w.jpg

LtColCarter
April 5th, 2010, 06:21 AM
WC 10: Supernatural Spinoff Comes To WonderCon

Warner Bros. Television will host a special exclusive screening of the first three episodes of the Supernatural Web spinoff Ghostfacers, at WonderCon in San Francisco on Friday, April 2. The new Web series follows a group of ghost hunters first introduced in season one of Supernatural.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/108/1080437p1.html

Cast photo:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/ghostfacers-20100329030740150_640w.jpg

Oh lord...I hope not...

LizzieAnne
April 7th, 2010, 04:39 AM
There's one good thing about this though...it may draw in some new fans....people who haven't yet noticed the awesomeness of Supernatural. Improving the ratings is always good news.

LtColCarter
April 7th, 2010, 06:22 AM
There's one good thing about this though...it may draw in some new fans....people who haven't yet noticed the awesomeness of Supernatural. Improving the ratings is always good news.

True...improving ratings is good and showing the awesomeness of Supernatural is awesome too. I just don't think it will be done with the lameness of Ghostfacers.

LtColCarter
April 15th, 2010, 09:51 AM
UGGGG!!!! There's a link on SPN's Facebook for Ghostfacers episode one! How hivid!

Jill_Ion
April 15th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Little 10 min webisodes of Ghostfacers? I think that sounds funny. We'll see.

Madwelshboy
April 16th, 2010, 12:27 AM
THE “GHOSTFACERS” FROM “SUPERNATURAL” CONTINUE

THEIR QUEST FOR THE PARANORMAL ON CWTV.COM

Series Scheduled to Premiere April 15, Coinciding with the

100th Episode Broadcast of “Supernatural” on The CW

Twitter Pitch: #Supernatural-inspired digital series Ghostfacers to debut April 15 on @CW_Network website CWTV.com: http://bit.ly/cRDdng

BURBANK, Calif. – “Ghostfacers” – the new original shortform series/brand extension of the hit CW/Warner Bros. Television action-drama “Supernatural” – is set to premiere Thursday, April 15, on CWTV.com. The debut of the “Ghostfacers” digital series, starring AJ Buckley and Travis Wester as the world’s greatest self-proclaimed ghost hunters on a quest for the paranormal, coincides with the broadcast of the 100th episode of “Supernatural,” starring Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles, on The CW (Thursdays 9:00–10:00 p.m. ET/PT).

The first two episodes will launch on April 15, followed by two additional episodes each Thursday for the next four weeks, for a total of 10 episodes. Each episode is approximately three to four minutes in length. On Monday, June 7, all 10 episodes of “Ghostfacers” will migrate from CWTV.com to TheWB.com.

http://www.wormholeriders.com/blog/?p=11867

iolanda
April 20th, 2010, 08:39 AM
So, anyone seen them?

LtColCarter
April 20th, 2010, 09:08 AM
So, anyone seen them?

Nope...I forgot about them until I saw this thread pop up. :lol:

Krisz
April 23rd, 2010, 09:48 PM
So, anyone seen them?

They showed a trailer for it during one of the breaks in SPN last Thursday. Seeing that only confirmed to me that it is something I would not go out of my way to watch. Watching Dean and Sam having some fun at their expense is fun enough for me, without that element, the Ghostfacers are too irritating to watch.

LtColCarter
April 26th, 2010, 06:41 AM
They showed a trailer for it during one of the breaks in SPN last Thursday. Seeing that only confirmed to me that it is something I would not go out of my way to watch. Watching Dean and Sam having some fun at their expense is fun enough for me, without that element, the Ghostfacers are too irritating to watch.

Amen!

LoneStar1836
May 17th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Not related to Ghostfacers...did anyone actually watch this? I certainly didn't :D...but I was watching last week's episode of Justified (new show on FX) and Travis Wester (Harry) was in it playing some hired muscle to beat up and intimidate people. lol.

LtColCarter
May 17th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Not related to Ghostfacers...did anyone actually watch this? I certainly didn't :D...but I was watching last week's episode of Justified (new show on FX) and Travis Wester (Harry) was in it playing some hired muscle to beat up and intimidate people. lol.

Oh my

Gamma626
October 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM
I just finished Ghostfacers, the ep. I loved the way the episode was done.

Montoya
November 9th, 2010, 04:13 AM
I just finished Ghostfacers, the ep. I loved the way the episode was done.

I agree, sure they're lame but only because their lameness wan intended to add some contrast to Sam and Dean. However I also agree with the general consensus of the community on this one, without Sam and Dean, the Ghostfacers are not good enough in any way to support themselves in a stand-alone anything.

LtColCarter
November 10th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Ghostfacers just needs to go away....

iolanda
November 10th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Ghostfacers just needs to go away....

I don't watch them, so I don't care. If they had fun making the spin-off and they didn't want more than that- why not?