PDA

View Full Version : 2005 GateWorld Interviews!

David
January 1st, 2005, 06:34 AM
GateWorld wants your help with interviews in 2005!

In 2004 we brought you 21 interviews from the cast and crew of Stargate, and one special interview with Stargate novelist Sabine Bauer. This year we intend to break our own record number of interviews, and we want you to help us do it.

What can you do to help? It's simple! The poll above has more than a dozen actors who have guest-starred on Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis. Please vote for your favorite THREE. If we get to chat with one of the people you voted, I may contact you and let you in on the news with an invitation to submit your own questions! Then I will give you credit by mentioning you during the interview.

Let your voice be heard! Let's do more in 2005!

Please use this thread to discuss the list above and/or to recommend folks you'd like to have interviewed, as the previous thread (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=202) has now been discontinued.

ShadowMaat
January 1st, 2005, 06:44 AM
Ben Browder isn't an option? Not interested in him, myself, but I can guarantee people will be screaming about it. ;)

Dion should have lots of interesting stories to tell, having played so many different characters over the years.

Anna would make for a fascinating interview, I think, and she plays a great, strong female character (or two) on the show.

Adam Baldwin sounds like a funny guy. Would love to hear his perspective on things.

Anubis
January 1st, 2005, 06:45 AM
I thought I'd vote for Tony Amendola, Carmen Argenziano and Anna-Louise Plowman. I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask Tony and Anna-Louise too. :D

greytop
January 1st, 2005, 06:47 AM
I voted for Claudia Black, Neil Denis, and William Devane.

Claudia--She would be interesting for what it be like to come from another popular Scifi show, Farscape, and work with the SG-1 crew.

Neil Denis-what it would be like to go though his teen years on the show.

Mr. William Devane--he is just a great actor. He can be serious and funny at the same time.

This is why I choose them.

Sam & Jack Shipper
January 1st, 2005, 06:47 AM
How about RDA???
Does he give interviews?

David
January 1st, 2005, 06:48 AM
Ben Browder isn't an option? Not interested in him, myself, but I can guarantee people will be screaming about it.

Ben Browder is going to be a lead. Leads aren't included in the poll because they'd skew the results. Let's just say the leads will be a given this year ;)

ShadowMaat
January 1st, 2005, 06:57 AM
Oh, well, if you want to be THAT way about it... ;)

I still say you and Darren should be on the list, though. :P Maybe a separate poll for non-actors? I can think of a few crewpeople who'd probably be full of stories, too.

ShadowMaat
January 1st, 2005, 07:01 AM
And another poll for Atlantis people, since they've been left out of this one. :P

[ETA: OK, closer look and Atlantis has some representation, but no David Nykl or Grodin or Bates or Kavanagh....]

Sorry David. I'm not meaning to be so picky. Or impatient. ;) I'll be interested to see what the final breakdown is on this poll. I'm already surprised by a few of the choices...

greytop
January 1st, 2005, 07:01 AM
I still say you and Darren should be on the list, though. :P Maybe a separate poll for non-actors? I can think of a few crewpeople who'd probably be full of stories, too.
*claps in agreement with the suggestion*

Anubis
January 1st, 2005, 07:03 AM
How about RDA???
Does he give interviews?

Not very many. If RDA would do an interview, which is unlikely then I'd be very surprised. ;) Not that I'd say no to reading a RDA interview. :D

keshou
January 1st, 2005, 07:04 AM
I always love to hear from Carmen and Tony but I feel like they get interviewed a lot about Stargate.

Anyway I voted for Claudia, Dion Johnstone, Garwin.

Dion Johnstone - well I'd love to hear about his experiences playing so many roles behind makeup. Seems like I also read somewhere that he was up for the role of Ford, so I'm curious about that.

And Claudia. I'd love to see an interview with her after she finishes taping her 5 episodes. That would be a hoot to hear what she has to say about appearing on Stargate (with Ben now part of the cast) vs. Farscape.

Garwin hasn't been interviewed much and he's played two different characters. And maybe he knows what happened to Schroedinger....hee

What about the actor who plays Zelenka! Or Steve. ;) They might be fun. :D And ditto from me on the behind the scenes people. I'd love to hear from Martin Wood, Peter DeLuise, Joel Goldsmith, Jan Newman, Bridget McGuire, etc.

And I know you have Ben Browder on your list - I'd just like to say I'd LOVE to see an interview with him once he gets established on the new season.

I hope you break the record - these interviews have been a great addition to Gateword!

David
January 1st, 2005, 07:06 AM
[ETA: OK, closer look and Atlantis has some representation, but no David Nykl or Grodin or Bates or Kavanagh....]
Uh, I believe Bates is up there! (Dean Marshall)

ShadowMaat
January 1st, 2005, 07:09 AM
Rats. Crossed a wire somewhere. Was thinking that was someone else for some reason and not connecting on the name (Burke, Bates, whatever). This headache must be worse than I thought....

Still, there are quite a few other Atlanteans not represented.

Will second the request for Steve, especially since he's playing several of the Wraith.

David
January 1st, 2005, 07:26 AM
Atlantis is only a year old. Give it a chance to develop interesting characters that we can contact and discuss.

MartoufMarty
January 1st, 2005, 07:27 AM
I voted for Anna-Louise Plowman, Claudia Black, and Garwin Sanford.

You have to have Steve up there (can't remember the name of the guy who plays him)! He's already played two different Wraith. Steve and Greg lol.

Whistler
January 1st, 2005, 07:34 AM
I voted for Robert Picardo, Tony Amendola and Claudia Black, though I considered voting for Jolene Blalock.

If they had been there I would have voted for the guy who plays Zelenka and Gary Jones! :D

Kalliope
January 1st, 2005, 07:47 AM
Claudia Black, after her 5 (?) eps of SG-1.

MartoufMarty
January 1st, 2005, 07:49 AM
Awww... you put in Steve, but I can't vote for him because I already voted :(

ShadowMaat
January 1st, 2005, 08:06 AM
Hmm... If I could have it all to do over again, I'd change two of my votes. But then, if even more get added on later, I'd be in an even greater conundrum. :P

shockwave
January 1st, 2005, 08:09 AM
steve, osiris and narim

sueKay
January 1st, 2005, 08:52 AM
I picked Osiris, Jacon and 'Steve' :D

aAnubiSs
January 1st, 2005, 09:03 AM
Where's our Sgt. Siler? With all the beatings he's gotten he deserves an interview :)

Major Tyler
January 1st, 2005, 09:16 AM
Bates (Dean Marshall) is one of the most misunderstood characters on Atlantis, IMO. I like how he sticks up for what he believes in, even if his opinion is unpopular.

Adam Baldwin is just a cool guy so I'd like to hear from him.

Dion Johnstone has played so many different characters, but you don't even notice that it's the same actor. He's a very dynamic actor, plus he played Lieutenant Tyler. :) I want more Tyler!!

Thanks for this opportunity, David!

LoneStar1836
January 1st, 2005, 09:46 AM
Adam Baldwin - he’s my favorite actor on the poll, and I so wanted him to come back as a regular on the show because I loved Col Dixon.

Neil Denis – he’s practically grown up on the show and has a younger person’s perspective. Bound to be some interesting stories, tidbits of info, etc. that he could offer since he’s usually in one or two episodes a season.

Dion Johnstone – same goes for him. He’s played so many different characters on the show that he’s bound to have an interesting perspective along with some good stories and behind the scenes info.

I would have voted for CB, but she’s practically a given if GW can snag an interview with her. Only suggestion I can think of, at the moment, would be Gary Jones and any member of the production crew, even if it is just the props guy. :cool:

DownFallAngel
January 1st, 2005, 10:56 AM
I chose Ishta, Vala and Dixon. Nice choices David. Thanks for asking.

shelsfc
January 1st, 2005, 11:37 AM
I voted for Dion Johnstone, Neil Denis & Robert Picardo. I think I've only ever seen one interview with Dion. Neil was great at SG8, I'd love to hear more from him, and I just really like hearing interviews with Robert Picardo, he's very funny and he seems like a nice guy. :D

Erik Pasternak
January 1st, 2005, 12:33 PM
I picked Neil Denis, Dean Marshall, and Jolene Blalock (David, you spelled it wrong, there's no 'y' ;)).

David
January 1st, 2005, 02:19 PM
Public humiliation is a forte. Fixed!

ShadowMaat
January 1st, 2005, 02:23 PM
Bah. Where's the fun in PM'ing you your mistake when it can be flaunted in front of everyone? ;)

David
January 1st, 2005, 02:36 PM
Bah. Where's the fun in PM'ing you your mistake when it can be flaunted in front of everyone? ;)
If you posted publically every correction you sent to me via PM I would ... well .. be embarrassed.

Major Tyler
January 1st, 2005, 02:37 PM
If you posted publically every correction you sent to me via PM I would ... well .. be embarrassed.David, your positive attributes far outweigh your faults, public or otherwise. :)

ShadowMaat
January 1st, 2005, 02:39 PM
If you posted publically every correction you sent to me via PM I would ... well .. be embarrassed.
Ah, but if I did that I'd be accused of trying to run up my post count. :P

However this works out, it looks like you'll have your work cut out for you in terms of interviews over the next year. Good luck with that. Wish I could help. *wistful sigh*

Kliggins
January 1st, 2005, 02:51 PM
Very tough to decide. Great choices. Thanks for asking for our input David. :)

SG1Poz
January 1st, 2005, 05:25 PM
Baldwin: Wish we could have Adam as a regular.

Black: Probably a given.

Devane: What a pres! Was'nt he interviewed already or was I dreaming?

Yes, thanks David for the poll.

Jedi Daniel
January 2nd, 2005, 04:20 AM
I voted for;

Tony Amendola
Carmen Argenziano
Neil Denis

Andy867
January 2nd, 2005, 08:20 AM
I am all for a Gateworld interview with Claudia Black and see what she thinks about SG-1, working on another hit Sci-Fi show, and working again with co-star Ben Browder ("Farscape" for those who have been living under a rock this past month). Another great interview would be Jolene Blalock and to see where she seesany potential of doing a recurring character reprisal of "Ishta" and what she has thought of Stargate after working on Enterprise for the past 4-5 years and what motivated her and drove her to be a Sci-Fi heroine.

Finally, I think the greatest interview would have to be Anna-Louise Plowman and Sarah/Osiris' relationship with Daniel, whether or not she will return in S9, possibly to aid SG-1 with vital information that she has retained, or possibly she has nightmares of what she has done, which includes some past memory that will serve SG-1 well. I was really disappointed when I learned that she wouldnt return for S8 at all and really wanted to see how she deals with her life after really learning the truth about the Stargate, the Goa'uld, etc.

myst
January 2nd, 2005, 10:19 AM
Well I voted for Narim, Selmac and Claudia Black. I am a great fan of Claudia Blacks character, in her roll on "Farscape".

Shipperahoy
January 2nd, 2005, 08:11 PM
I voted for Steve, Adam Baldwin, and Jolene Blalock.

I would love an interview with David Nykl (Zelenka) if that's something we can wrangle at some point.

ShadowMaat
January 2nd, 2005, 08:12 PM
I would have voted for Steve if he'd been on the list when I voted. :P I'd also vote for Zelenka, but Atlantis is only a year old, so the cast doesn't count. *rolls eyes* :P

David
January 2nd, 2005, 09:31 PM
I would have voted for Steve if he'd been on the list when I voted. :P I'd also vote for Zelenka, but Atlantis is only a year old, so the cast doesn't count. *rolls eyes* :P
Would someone please get me the smallest violin? Thanks.

graculus
January 2nd, 2005, 09:47 PM
I voted for Claudia, of course! Maintaining my place at the leading edge of Daniel/Vala ship. Web site being constructed as we speak.

I'm not going to say who the other two were since the decisions were really close for the others.

Later,
Graculus

elvital
January 3rd, 2005, 07:46 AM
Steve, Bates and Jolene Blalock - though she might be hard to get...

Bagpuss
January 3rd, 2005, 11:02 AM
ALP (Osiris),James Lafanzano (Steve) and Claudia Black (Vala) for me . :)

Teal'c
January 3rd, 2005, 11:56 AM
James Lafazanos, Adam Baldwin and Robert Picardo.

God, I love Adam Baldwin! :P

alz0rz
January 3rd, 2005, 08:35 PM
I dont see David Shea (Siler) or Gary Jones(Walter aka Chevron Guy)..

:( :( :(

alz0rz
January 3rd, 2005, 08:37 PM
or Ba'al :( - is there something I should know as to why they arent listed?

graculus
January 3rd, 2005, 08:37 PM
I don't see Ba'al either. :(

Later,
Graculus

Easter Lily
January 3rd, 2005, 10:38 PM
Thanks for asking, David... it's nice for the fans to be able to have some imput.
"Steve" is certainly an interesting choice for me... I'd love to know what it's like for him to play an obvious (archetypal) villain.

blufeenix
January 4th, 2005, 09:12 AM
I dont see David Shea (Siler) or Gary Jones(Walter aka Chevron Guy)..

Isn't it Dan Shea?

Oh and I'd like to see Ben Browder added

ShadowMaat
January 4th, 2005, 09:43 AM
David said that Ben counts as main cast and thus the fact that people want to see him interviewed goes without saying.

Watters87
January 4th, 2005, 05:12 PM
I don't see Ba'al either. :(

Later,
Graculus

Cliff Simon did an interview with Gateworld not too long ago.
Here's the interview [Beware, it contains spoilers for the second half of Season 8]- http://www.gateworld.net/news/2004/09/simonbaalisbiginreckoning.shtml

I'd like to see Carmen be interviewed as I've never read an interview from him before. :)

David
January 4th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Expect something big from Cliff soon.

ShadowMaat
January 4th, 2005, 07:05 PM
How about Wayne Brady? Betcha he'd be hilarious and it might be fun for him to be on the other side of the interview. ;)

Asgard
January 4th, 2005, 08:32 PM
I voted for Adam Baldwin, Claudia Black and Anna-Louise Plowman.

Anna portrayed one of my favorite characters on SG1, maybe I just really liked her British voice? :p

Andy867
January 4th, 2005, 09:01 PM
For me, I felt that her and Daniel had a stronger connection than that of Daniel and Shau're, so for her to be interviewed and asked about possibly continuing her character role if invited back to do so is in my opinion, a priority :)

David
January 4th, 2005, 10:27 PM
Mine, too, Andy :D

FoolishPleasure
January 5th, 2005, 05:25 AM
Adam Baldwin. . Anna Louise. . .and STEVE.

Thanks for including the great Steve. I was afraid he had been forgotten! :D

Andron
January 5th, 2005, 07:55 AM
I go with Anna Louise Plowman, Tony Amedola and Carmen Argenziano.

If there was a forth one, I'd have chosen the actor who played "Steve", he seems to be a great guy :)

Angelique
March 15th, 2005, 11:23 AM
David, Next time you interview Cliff Simon, could you maybe mention his three musketeers? :D :D

Elite Anubis Guard
March 15th, 2005, 11:32 AM
bates, bratac and jacob!

Goldfish
March 15th, 2005, 12:02 PM
I voted
But I really think it would be neat to have some interviews with non-acting people as well.
Like someone from the Costume Department,
Is there any materiel you will not use in a costume?
Or the Makeup Department
How long does it take to transform a person into a Wraith?

People who never get asked very many questions so have fresh answers.

lucylou
March 15th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Dean Marshall! Pleeeeeeease??? Also voted for Carmen Argenziano and Anna Louise Plowman but I'd really like to see Dean Marshall interviewed. Bates is great!

Lucy

Purpleyin
March 15th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Well I went for Bates, Halling and Simon/Narim since I'm more into Atlantis.

Little sad there was no David Nykl or Craig Veroni or even Courtenay J Stevens (Keras)... but still, I'm hoping Dean Marshall gets more votes.

Not to mention I too would love to read interviews with behind the scenes people like set/costume designers or writers that aren't the producers.

Shep'sSocks
March 15th, 2005, 10:35 PM
I went for Adam Baldwin cos I love that guy. Also James Lafazanos and Dean Marshall for the Atlantis factor.

Jeff O'Connor
March 15th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Tony, Claudia, and Jolene. I love 'em all, and I know they'll probably all play pivotal roles in the upcoming ninth season, too. They'd better! ;)

Shep'sSocks
March 15th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Jolene would be interesting if Stargate was concentrated on rather than Enterprise.

Blue Banrigh
March 16th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Damn, I wanna change my vote after seeing the last few eps of Atlantis and SG-1.

I voted for Adam Baldwin, Claudia Black and Anna-Louise Plowman. Now I wanna change it to Adam Baldwin, Dean Marshall and Carmen Argenziano.

Though I'd probably vote for David Nykl too if I could.

emily_reich
March 16th, 2005, 03:48 AM
my votes went to neil denis, james lafazanos (steve!!!! :D), and anna-louise plowman :)

chevroneight
March 16th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Carmen, Tony and Robert Picardo :)

David
March 16th, 2005, 05:39 AM
David, Next time you interview Cliff Simon, could you maybe mention his three musketeers? :D :D
[sheepishly]
I don't get it.

emily_reich
March 16th, 2005, 05:45 AM
baal's three musketeers: me (emily_reich), Angelique, and Merrin_Delaney...

(anyone who can desribe us better, please do so :p) ...but basically we're kinda the three baal fans and baal/sam shippers who, well... are maybe kinda the most obsessed around here :p and when people realized we were all kinda always on at the same time and always think of exactly the same things, we were deemed baal's three musketeers.... :D so yeah, that's us in a nutshell :D

and i second the request to be mentioned :D :D

keshou
March 16th, 2005, 05:47 AM
David, I assume all the "biggies" are on your wish list.

But just in case, I wanted to throw in a request for an interview with Beau Bridges - if you can snag him. I don't think he's ever been involved in a scifi show before and I'd like to know what he thinks about his new character and how he's adjusting to working on a show like Stargate. :D

David
March 16th, 2005, 05:50 AM
I don't put the "biggies" on the wish list because most likely everyone would be compelled to vote for them - especially because their names would go under consideration for questions to the corresponding "biggie." Let's just say they are givens.

sueKay
March 16th, 2005, 01:59 PM
*sigh*

I guess interviews with *all* the above are out of the question.

As long as Carmen and James lafazanos are interviewed I'm happy:D

thor_
March 19th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Elizabeth Hofman and Claudia Black, but there is not David Nykl :(

The Boz
April 7th, 2005, 04:46 AM
Even though the actors are hella cool, i think that interviews with the crew would be more interesting. Esspecially Martin Gero, as from the podcast he seems really interesting

CKO
April 7th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Claudia Black, Dean Marshell & Carmen Argenziano.

although i would go for seein David & Darren interviewed as well ;) i mean hell without them we'd have no GW :) what can we say we love you guys :D

David
April 7th, 2005, 02:34 PM
If you want to see us run our mouths off, be sure you attend the Creation Vancouver convention in a couple of weeks. We'll have a panel.

MajorSam
April 7th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Most definately CARMEN ARGENZIANO!!!

If not.... Anna! Or James! (aka STEVE :p)

or anyone from Atlantis...

but yes, Carmen!!!

Wandering Tamer
April 7th, 2005, 06:10 PM
why Carmen? Of course, I have no real interest in her at all, didn't like her character. But Osiris is a must and I'm more interested in what "Steve" has to say.

MajorSam
April 7th, 2005, 06:41 PM
why Carmen? Of course, I have no real interest in her at all, didn't like her character. But Osiris is a must and I'm more interested in what "Steve" has to say.

:| Carmen Argenziano...The man... Jacob/Selmac?? Sam's dad...

FoolishPleasure
April 8th, 2005, 08:08 AM
although i would go for seein David & Darren interviewed as well ;) i mean hell without them we'd have no GW :) what can we say we love you guys :D
I'd like to see these 2 interviewed as well. ;)

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 8th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Carmen and Tony have both created such classic characters that have contributed so much to the SG-1 universe, I'd love to hear there thoughts. Given the events in Threads, I'd particularly love to hear from Carmen (let him know how much he'll be missed!)

emily_reich
April 9th, 2005, 12:49 AM
I'd like to see these 2 interviewed as well. ;)

...would we be able to submit questions?? ;) :p

Ace
May 29th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Any chance of getting an interview with Corin Nemec? Correct me if I'm wrong but we haven't had a single interview with him at all... He was a major character during Season 6, why haven't we had an interview with him? I think he should be on the top of the list for interviews, yet he isn't even listed as an option for the poll?

Ace

David
May 29th, 2005, 03:49 PM
We'll see ...

Ace
May 29th, 2005, 04:43 PM
We'll see ...

Well that's sorta encouraging?!? :S

Ace

Madeleine
May 29th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Well that's sorta encouraging?!? :S

Ace

Be encouraged :D

Erik Pasternak
May 29th, 2005, 09:29 PM
That sure as heck encourages me!!!!! :):):)

Kalliope
May 30th, 2005, 01:26 PM
More than 2 weeks ago you posted fragments of the interview with Claudia Black. When are you going to post THE WHOLE interview? P L E A S E!!! :)

jckfan55
July 5th, 2005, 07:59 PM
There is a thread talking about favorite behind the scenes people & I wondered if some of them have been or might be in the future be interviewed by GW. Martin Wood and Bridget McGuire were mentioned. I also thought of Michelle Comens. If you watch the DVDs, McGuire and Comens seem to be major behind the scenes contributors, but we don't get to hear from them.
Thanks.

GateWorld
July 5th, 2005, 09:23 PM
We don't have these three in the works, but we'll definitely keep 'em in mind for the future! For more behind-the-scenes fun, check out GateWorld's three-part interview with Brad Wright and Robert Cooper now through Friday.

Darren

duffarama
July 29th, 2005, 02:45 AM
Well, sorry about this... but I have voted quite late. ;)
Here are my top 4:

1. Tony Amendola (let's grow Goau'ld larvae)
2. Carmen Argenziano (let's stick a snake in my head)
3. Claudia Black (let's make babies)
4. Garwin Sanford (let's grow long hair)

Excuse the puns. :)

LoveYouBaby
July 29th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Seriously though, I too am late but doesn't mean we still can't discuss. How can anyone choose?

Claudia Black (Vala)
Jolene Blalock (Ishta)
James Lafazanos ("Steve")
Anna-Louise Plowman (Osiris)
Dean Marshall (Bates)

All great!

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 16th, 2005, 05:18 PM
My Votes
Tony Amendola (Bra'tac)
Carmen Argenziano (Jacob/Selmac)
Claudia Black (Vala)

200 posts yay for me :)

ShadowMaat
August 16th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Adding Kavan Smith (Major Lorne) for consideration. :D

duffarama
August 18th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Well, sorry about this... but I have voted quite late. ;)
Here are my top 4:

1. Tony Amendola (let's grow Goau'ld larvae)
2. Carmen Argenziano (let's stick a snake in my head)
3. Claudia Black (let's make babies)
4. Garwin Sanford (let's grow long hair)

Excuse the puns. :)
Yay! My one of my four wishes was granted. Thanks Darren and David for the Vala interview. :)
You rock!