PDA

View Full Version : 1.03 "Rebirth" -- Preair discussion/speculation/spoiler thread

DigiFluid
January 22nd, 2010, 10:37 PM
Every other forum has these, let's get 'em going for Caprica too :)

This episode is set to air on Jan 29, 2010.

Madwelshboy
January 23rd, 2010, 12:20 AM
Caprica - Rebirth - SyFy Promo & Sneak Peek

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/01/caprica-1x02-rebirth-syfy-promo-sneak.html

Replicator Todd
January 23rd, 2010, 10:31 AM
Caprica - Rebirth - SyFy Promo & Sneak Peek

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/01/caprica-1x02-rebirth-syfy-promo-sneak.html

Thats was the Space promo, but they do a better job at it then Syfy! :P

DigiFluid
January 23rd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Heh....I thought the Space preview was effing awful. 2 seconds of clip, FLASHY TRANSITION, 2 seconds of clip, FLASHY TRANSITION, repeat for 30 seconds.

The second clip was very interesting though. Can't wait!

Replicator Todd
January 23rd, 2010, 10:44 AM
Heh....I thought the Space preview was effing awful. 2 seconds of clip, FLASHY TRANSITION, 2 seconds of clip, FLASHY TRANSITION, repeat for 30 seconds.

The second clip was very interesting though. Can't wait!

Yeah, well SyFy seems hellbent on showing Cylons as little as possible and more of the drama side of things. But I can't wait for whats next!

DigiFluid
January 23rd, 2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah, well SyFy seems hellbent on showing Cylons as little as possible and more of the drama side of things. But I can't wait for whats next!
Well, you know, since there's a whopping one of them as of the end of the pilot :p

Replicator Todd
January 23rd, 2010, 10:55 AM
Well, you know, since there's a whopping one of them as of the end of the pilot :p

Two of them. ;) Maybe. I'm assuming that the one tested in the firing range and the one with Zoe inside are two separate Cylons.

DigiFluid
January 23rd, 2010, 11:00 AM
Two of them. ;) Maybe. I'm assuming that the one tested in the firing range and the one with Zoe inside are two separate Cylons.
Really? I figured they were the same one, myself. That Zoe ended up inside the one with the combat protocols.

I thought that'd make for some excellent drama, her personality being lost/irreversibly mixed with the Cylon combat programming.

Replicator Todd
January 23rd, 2010, 11:07 AM
Really? I figured they were the same one, myself. That Zoe ended up inside the one with the combat protocols.

I thought that'd make for some excellent drama, her personality being lost/irreversibly mixed with the Cylon combat programming.

You're right! Well, I kinda hope to have Zoe in the combat one now.

the fifth man
January 23rd, 2010, 06:15 PM

I think that is probably the case as well. Not to worry though - I am sure many more will soon be on the way.

Pharaoh Atem
January 23rd, 2010, 07:37 PM
Every other forum has these, let's get 'em going for Caprica too :)

This episode is set to air on Jan 29, 2010.

DVR is set.

the fifth man
January 24th, 2010, 07:01 PM
DVR is set.

Same here! There is no way I am missing this.

Pharaoh Atem
January 24th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Same here! There is no way I am missing this.

i was crushed sat night cause i thought their aired the new ep and i missed it

jelgate
January 24th, 2010, 07:31 PM
i was crushed sat night cause i thought their aired the new ep and i missed it

Hulu and SyFy Rewind both upload Caprica Saturday morning

Replicator Todd
January 24th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Well I'm glad Syfy always air new episodes twice on Friday. because Smallville returns in the same time slot as Caprica. So I will watch Smallville and wait for the Caprica repeat.

Pharaoh Atem
January 25th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Hulu and SyFy Rewind both upload Caprica Saturday morning

but it's nice to be old fashion and watch them on tv first run

capricaabydos
January 28th, 2010, 01:26 PM

Humm I was thinking the same thing , but I've only watched the pilot 6 times and I could be wrong I think the cylon that Zoe ended up inside of was at Daniel Graystones house and the other was in his lab but I could be wrong but if she ended up in the one with the combat protocols well that could be really interesting !!!!!

capricaabydos
January 28th, 2010, 01:33 PM
DVR is set.

Lol I got my timer set up on it too, sadly I don't have a DVR anymore!!!!!!

the fifth man
January 28th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Lol I got my timer set up on it too, sadly I don't have a DVR anymore!!!!!!

Honestly, I don't know if my wife and I could survive anymore without our DVR. We are so dependent on it.

capricaabydos
January 29th, 2010, 07:55 AM
Honestly, I don't know if my wife and I could survive anymore without our DVR. We are so dependent on it.

Lol, its not easy but I had to, it was 5 extra dollars a moth, and now a days you can do miracles with that money, I use it for diappers lol, so if I miss this episode I'll just have to wait for it to air again on a different day!!!!!!!

Pharaoh Atem
January 29th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Lol, its not easy but I had to, it was 5 extra dollars a moth, and now a days you can do miracles with that money, I use it for diappers lol, so if I miss this episode I'll just have to wait for it to air again on a different day!!!!!!!
you can go to hulu depending on where u live.

DigiFluid
January 29th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Humm I was thinking the same thing , but I've only watched the pilot 6 times and I could be wrong I think the cylon that Zoe ended up inside of was at Daniel Graystones house and the other was in his lab but I could be wrong but if she ended up in the one with the combat protocols well that could be really interesting !!!!!
Only 6 times? :p

lol

jelgate
January 29th, 2010, 12:34 PM

lol
I've seen it once

DigiFluid
January 29th, 2010, 12:50 PM
I've seen it once
I was teasing the guy, I've watched the DVD release and now the TV version. Once each :)

EvilSpaceAlien
January 29th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I've watched it five times. Just the dvd release.

the fifth man
January 29th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Very nice episode tonight. It definitely left me wanting to see more.

Replicator Todd
January 29th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I loved the episode much more than the pilot, ready for next week. The mother revealing Zoe's secret to the crowd was amazing, and shocking!

Pharaoh Atem
January 29th, 2010, 07:41 PM
half way done this ep and i have a bad feeling about the lacy storyline.

Angela V
January 29th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Well I'm glad Syfy always air new episodes twice on Friday. because Smallville returns in the same time slot as Caprica. So I will watch Smallville and wait for the Caprica repeat.

For me it's the other way around. Space is returning Sanctuary (Michael Shanks episode) at 9pm, Caprica at 10pm and I catch a timeshifting channel of Smallville on Joy TV 10 at 11pm. Space airs SV on Sundays at 8pm which is not good for me and than repeats it 11am Monday mornings which is sometimes not good for me. And I have to catch Dollhouse's last episode on demand through my cable company. I so need a PVR just for sci-fi shows! :eek:

Angela V
January 29th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Oh yeah about the episode :).

Lots of character stuff. The casting of the two male leads I think is perfect. Both actors are so great in their roles.

It was weird seeing Zoe, Cylon, Zoe, Cylon etc. I think I may have gotten dizzy at one point.

Anyone else notice the family dog at one point was laying at the feet of the Zoe Cylcon? I think the dog knows.

I know Zoe's Mom seemed distraut about not really knowing her daughter but did she have to tell the whole crowd of grieving of people that she thinks HER daughter caused this? Ops.

What's everyone think of the clips used for opening the show. What's it called? It felt weird to and a bit like play. Wonder what that is all about? I so loved BSG's opening that this one just felt really different and I'm not sure it fits. Maybe it will with more episodes?

Mike.
January 30th, 2010, 04:27 AM
I loved the episode much more than the pilot, ready for next week. The mother revealing Zoe's secret to the crowd was amazing, and shocking!

Shocking I agree. Can you imagine how embarrassed the husband was... especially in front of the grieving audience.

Skydiver
January 30th, 2010, 04:45 AM
he wasn't embarrassed as much as he was 'oh frak, there goes the business' because he'll lose contracts by the handful.

that's his ultimate concern, losing his jobs

Skydiver
January 30th, 2010, 04:47 AM
And i see now that we have official discussion threads, so discussion needs to go there please. :)

Darren
January 30th, 2010, 04:53 AM
Here we go, Capricans! Official discussion threads for each new episode will open as they air. Here is "Rebirth" -

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?72915-Rebirth-(103)

As with other shows, please continue to use the "Preair" threads ONLY if you haven't seen the episode yet. Spoilers for the episode belong in the official discussion thread.

Thanks!

capricaabydos
February 1st, 2010, 03:55 PM
you can go to hulu depending on where u live.

Lol, I would but I don't have a real internet connection hehehe !!!!!!!

capricaabydos
February 1st, 2010, 04:05 PM

lol

Lol I would have watch more but I only watch it 6 times , and the new episode only watched 2 times !!!!
(Btw I'm a girl lol)

Skydiver
February 1st, 2010, 04:22 PM
I'm gonna close this thread since people keep making post viewing comments in here instead of the post airing thread

when the show airs in other countries and you want a pre-airing thread, let us know and we can open it back up