Lyta Alexander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lyta Alexander

What happened to her in the end, is it cannon that she is dead?

In the Psi Corps trilogy by J Gregory Keyes, Garibaldi mentions

'Good old Lyta. Good old scary-as-hell-there-at-the-end Lyta. Her death was another thing he owed Bester for. But who was counting?'

Spoilers for season 5 and beyond

Spoiler:
    On-screen, the end of her character is that she and G'Kar went to explore together. In canon books, her telepath resistance was funded by Edgar Industries (via Garibaldi) was led directly into the Telepath War in the 2260s.

Her fate is currently unknown. It's been suggested that she was killed, though not confirmed AFAIK.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

they should of resolved the telepath storyline on the show
      sigpic
      The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

If that storyline were as exciting as Fabio the Telepath's was in Season 5, I'm rather glad they didn't.

Still I wish there were more in the B5 universe; a story about that, better (and resolved) storytelling surrounding Crusade and the Drakh, explanation of Sheridan and Delenn's son and the Keeper trap that Londo set, etc.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

JMS MUST resolve the Telepath War AND the Drakh plague. *sigh* Maybe in the big screen movie... if that ever happens.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I say let it go because it's not very exciting as the last season showed.

Comment

I believe it's cannon that she got blowed up.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                explanation of Sheridan and Delenn's son and the Keeper trap that Londo set, etc.
                This was resolved in book 3 of the Legions of Fire Trilogy: Out Of The Darkness which is canon in the B5 Universe because JMS wrote the outline for the trilogy.
                Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

The teep war could be made exciting. The main problem with the storyline IMO was an exceedingly unsympathetic protagonist, Byron, so it was a bit of a yawn-fest.

I would love to see the look on Bester's face when he looks Garibaldi in the eye and realizes that he's going to kill him.
                  sigpic

Comment

I want to see the dead look in Bester's eyes when he first takes the sleepers. It would be priceless if Garibaldi was the one administering them.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Indeed. And I must get my hands on some B5 books...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                        Indeed. And I must get my hands on some B5 books...
                        I highly recommend the Technomage Trilogy. It's easily some of the best sci-fi books I've ever read. It fills in a lot of background information not just about the Technomages but about the Shadows and Vorlons as well.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          The teep war could be made exciting. The main problem with the storyline IMO was an exceedingly unsympathetic protagonist, Byron, so it was a bit of a yawn-fest.

I would love to see the look on Bester's face when he looks Garibaldi in the eye and realizes that he's going to kill him.
                          He was HIGHLY unsympathetic.
                          I didn't care for his methods and his control of his people was hysterically bad.

Comment

And don't get me started on his hair!
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              And don't get me started on his hair!
                              AH!!!
                              You too huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X