This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Push - TV adaptation - News/Discussion/Speculation

E1 Entertainment 'PUSH' for a pilot!! - David Hayter to write a TV pilot script based off the movie Push.

Collider.com has reported that Summit Entertainment and E1 Entertainment have just announced screenwriter David Hayter (Watchmen, X-Men and X2 ) will be writing and produce a pilot script for a TV version of Push.

Rob Friedman and Patrick Wachsberger of E1 Entertainment had this to say...

“The concept behind the Push feature film offers a broad and rich canvas on which to extend the storyline and characters introduced in the feature film,”

“The project is also the perfect vehicle to initiate Summit’s plans of producing programming for the global television marketplace. The opportunity to do this with our trusted partners at E1 re-enforces that this is the right opportunity to grow Summit’s platform.”

The movie starring Chris Evans and Dakota Fanning was about a group of young Americans with telekinetic and clairvoyant abilities hiding from a U.S. government agency. They must use their different talents and band together for a final job enabling them to escape the agency forever.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=13981

But the movie was so BAAAAAAAAAAD!

Admittedly, yes, the general story does lend itself well to a series akin to The X-Men.
    sigpic

Comment

And Heroes.
      If they actually have people using their cool, flashy superpowers, I might watch it.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        And Heroes.
        If they actually have people using their cool, flashy superpowers, I might watch it.
        Not too much like Heroes hopefully. Otherwise they'll all start playing musical superhero powers and pretty soon they'll all have had everyone else's powers at some point or another.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          And Heroes.
          they use 'em all right, but the powers aren't exactly cool & flashy (nowhere near the "Marvel" kind of cool & flashy anyway)

u don't even get hybrids ie. with more than 1 power
          (for instance mover+pusher, that would be one heck of a combo -)

Comment

Make it a prequel & get Joel Gretsch to star in it. I highly doubt Chris Evans or that kid will do a TV Show

Comment

I'll check it out I suppose, I have never seen the movie sooo I dunno.

Comment

When I saw this, at no time did I think this would make a good TV series. It was an OK movie, but not great.

Trivia: Push stars, Djimon Hounsou Stargate 1994 (Horus), Neil Jackson - Stargate SG-1 (Khalek) and Stargate: Atlantis (Vegas Wraith) and Ming-Na SGU Stargate Universe (Camile Wray).
                sigpic

Comment

It got potential for a good TV series, or future movies.

Personally I enjoyed the movie an thought it was fun. Even if i am not entirely sure whether the actual made sense or not.

An like the history that the universe contained.

Comment

Working...
                  X