X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Conaway hospitalized, badly injured

According to TMZ. http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/18/jeff-c...l-broken-neck/

That's horrible news! I hope Kenickie can make a full recovery.

Comment

Horrible news indeed. I hope that he is able to make a full recovery from this and won't have lasting issues from it. Fracturing the neck is a terrible thing and I hope it of all other things will be the least of his worries.

sigpic

Comment

He's had a bad time with substance abuse, but this is horrible. Poor guy.
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Holy crap that's an extensive list of injuries for a fall down the stairs.

Sucks.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

DigitalSpy's story about it seems to make his injuries seem much less severe.
            The actor, who played John Travolta's best friend Kenickie in the iconic musical, is believed to have undergone surgery on his hip yesterday following the accident.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, his representative explained that he had slipped on some water on the kitchen floor and that the fall had "exacerbated a previous injury".

The spokesperson added that the star is "in good spirits".
            http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...l-at-home.html

sigpic

Comment

He was on Celebrity Rehab a few years ago and he was using a cane to get around. That's probably his "previous injury".

From what reading has told me:

1. He slipped and fell (possibly down some stairs?) in the kitchen
              2. He damaged his hip (and broke his neck/spine and had a brain hemorrhage?)
              3. He's in stable condition (but his family was told to "get his affairs in order" and that "he thinks these are his last days")
              4. He's had surgery on his hip and is in "good spirits".

Everything in parentheses seems to be speculation based on what "he/she" said to someone else that was then later told to a "reporter".

Comment

Conaway's had some back issues in the past. He's had multiple surgeries to fix the problem but the pain's never really gone away, hence the painkiller addiction. All of that's bad enough but all the new stuff with his hip & neck is just awful.
                sigpic

Comment

Hope, he gets well.
                  Favorite Characters:
                  Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
                  Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
                  SG1: Jack O'Neill
                  SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
                  Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

I have also heard(and I hate hear say) that him and his girl friend Lizzi fight all the time,so speculation is maybe she pushed himdown the staircase while they were fighting,like I said I hate here,I just hope the poor guy gets well soon !!!
                    sigpic
                    SOONER OR LATER,EVERYONE COMES TO BABYLON 5

Comment

Owie, I do hope he gets better soon.
                      sigpic

Comment

Jeff Conaway, 59, Wants A Home Death, Viking Funeral

'Celebrity Rehab' fixture Jeff Conaway can't kick his prescription drug habit and wants to die at home, his girlfriend, Vikki Lizzi, tells E! News.

"This is just devastating," Lizzi said. "I tried to save him from himself by trying to get him help...He wants to die at home. He knows the meds are killing him. He can't get off them."

The former 'Grease' star, 59, is even telling Lizzi about what he imagines for his funeral.

"He's talking about being burned on a boat and sent out to sea like a Viking funeral. It sends chills up my spine," she said. "We're all trying to save his life, and he's not listening."

Two years ago Conaway said that Scientology, which his 'Grease' costar John Travolta introduced him to, helped him get clean. Lizzi told E! that Travolta sent Conaway flowers this week and Dr. Drew has been consulting with him, but he is stubborn and needs and intervention.
                        http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_432771.html
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well it's a shame that Scientology wasn't able to help kick his addiction, I guess it's time that things get serious and his friends do an intervention.

sigpic

Comment

It's a shame that Scientology was even considered as potentially having the power to help him.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              It's a shame that Scientology was even considered as potentially having the power to help him.
                              Don't knock Scientology, with so many celebrities in their cul... religion, you know they have to be doing something right. Although, it was probably Jeff's fault that Scientology failed him, he probably didn't keep up with the membership fees or had a really nasty Thetan inside him.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X