Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joss Whedon planning a new series with FX?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joss Whedon planning a new series with FX?

Will Joss Whedon make a new show for cable TV?

That's the tantalizing hint presented by FX president John Landgraf, speaking with reporters on Sunday and saying that he's having lunch with the creator of Dollhouse and Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Here's how the Futon Critic Web site reported it:

"Actually his representatives called and scheduled a lunch, I think I'm supposed to have lunch with Joss in the next two or three weeks," FX president John Landgraf told reporters when asked about working with the cult-favorite producer during the network's executive session at the TCA this morning.
    http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/could-j...medium=twitter

FX is owned by Fox so technically, he'll still be working for Fox.

Comment

If thats true then Joss might find success with cable, sure its still Fox(sorta). But the FX channel is a billion times better than FOX. In my opinion.

Comment

I'd love to see a new show by Joss and cable would be better for him IMHO. But let's just wait and see, I'll be keeping an eye on this development.

First, I'm now curious how the finale of Dollhouse will play out...
        sigpic
        My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Poor Josh. The guy needs to get as far away from FOX as possible. I wouldn't expect FX to be as hardass about ratings and pretty much out to ruin everything the guy does that doesn't involve a sexy blonde teenage cheerleader.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
            Poor Josh. The guy needs to get as far away from FOX as possible. I wouldn't expect FX to be as hardass about ratings and pretty much out to ruin everything the guy does that doesn't involve a sexy blonde teenage cheerleader.
            Huh?

If Whorehouse would have aired on any other network you would never have seen a 2nd season. It is also most likely that any other network would have not even aired this show after a screening, or at least the premier.

Personally I just do not see where he would fit alongside shows such as The Shield, Damages, Rescue Me..i.e. quality well written adult shows. Well the guy killed the Alien franchise with his script for Alien 4, so I guess he can destroy FX as well with another idiotic show that a 5 year old could think up.

FYI, for the record stop smoking the Whedon pipe fanboys. You can't blame "FOX" for everything. Firefly failed because it was just not interesting enough for people to tune in. Serenity was not interesting enough for people to go and see. Dollhouse...enough said. FOX has given poor treatment to a lot of shows in people's opinion, I guess they just lack the common sense that networks are not in the business to purposely see shows fail. So enjoy the conspiracy theories, it just makes Whedon fanboys appear to be lacking any sense of reality.

Comment

Working...
            X