PDA

View Full Version : Big Stargate Article in MultiChannel News

jasonf
May 13th, 2004, 07:11 PM
On May 3, MultiChannel published a big feature about Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, and Battlestar. the story is available in print or on multichannel.com. (You must register in order to read the article.)

May 13th, 2004, 09:00 PM
On May 3, MultiChannel published a big feature about Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, and Battlestar. the story is available in print or on multichannel.com. (You must register in order to read the article.)
can you just copy it form there and past it here, or send it trough PM???

LateFan
May 14th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Ask and ye shall recieve.....

[Removed by Moderator - Check out the full article here (http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA414355?display=Top+Stories&promocode=SUPP)!]

Shipperahoy
May 14th, 2004, 08:23 AM
Thanks for that. That was the longest and most in depth article regarding Stargate that I've ever seen.

elhSG1
May 14th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Thanks so much for posting that, LateFan. It was definately an interesting article.

Sam & Jack Shipper
May 14th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Thanks so much for posting that. It is really a great article.

Becky

morjana
May 14th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Thank you so much for posting that article.

I LOVED that web site for finding news on Stargate. They used to be free, but since they've gone to paid subscription, I just can't afford to get one.

Thanks for sharing!

Morjana

keshou
May 14th, 2004, 08:19 PM
That was a wonderful article! Thanks for posting the whole thing. Some interesting numbers in there.

5 Million for the Atlantis pilot, 1.5 million per episode.

1.7 million per SG-1 episode.

I'm not sure I'd ever heard the exact numbers before, that's more than I thought.

Atlantis sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the concepts Brad Wright describes on screen.

May 14th, 2004, 09:55 PM
tnx LateFan, that was really good, i gave you some good carma for that ;)

Slainte
May 15th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Thanks for posting the article. Very interesting insights on Hammer and SciFi and all that goes into series production.

Livi2Jack
May 16th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Thanks for posting. Great article. Explains alot. Thanks again.

sclairef99
May 17th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Yes, that was a great message! Thanks for posting that, it was quite in depth....we all need that to survive in our SG universe... ;)
Sclaire

KorbenDirewolf
May 17th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Interesting...

SGSlugger
May 17th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Thanks a lot man. I found the article while surfing, but couldn't access it due to the registration. Thanks, very informative.

petzke_42
May 18th, 2004, 11:32 AM
I like this quote "For some reason, science fiction fans love Friday nights."

...maybe it's because we dont have dates... :D

SGSlugger
May 18th, 2004, 11:54 AM

Where did you hear that at? Never really thought of that...perhaps you're right for some people. :p

petzke_42
May 18th, 2004, 02:20 PM
It's in the article....I read the actual one, it may not be in the one above, I haven't read it. I believe it was the president lady of Sci-Fi that said it.

Aphrodite
May 18th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Thanks for posting that in depth article, it made for an interesting reading.

tara3583
May 18th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Thankyou for posting such an interesting article, nice to read that they are open for a s9, i thought some time ago that SG1 could become as great (if not greater) than startrek!

jasonf
May 18th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Thanks for that. That was the longest and most in depth article regarding Stargate that I've ever seen.

multichannel seems to do a lot of that. This same journalist - I think the name is Mary McNamara - very recently wrote another in-depth piece for MultiChannel about westerns and HBO's new series, Deadwood.

The print version is really cool - full of color pics, including one of the Atlantis Stargate, the SG-1 cast, Greenburg out on location, Brad Wright, Bonnie Hammer, and Edward James Olmos.

Hatusu
May 19th, 2004, 09:47 PM

Maybe we also understand how to program our VCRs! :p

Thanks, Latefan. That was the best "Stargate" article I've read. I am starting to think Michael Greenburg has a "Star Trek" complex. Just kidding, but remember, a lot of us are fans of both. There is no competition in my mind. I want it all.

petzke_42
May 20th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Maybe we also understand how to program our VCRs! :p

Yeah, but only so you have more time to play your Everquest, collectable card games, and Cosplay :p

GateWorld
May 20th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Note to All: For copyright reasons, please do not post the complete text of copyrighted articles on the public forum.

Multichannel has graciously provided us with a new link (http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA414355?display=Top+Stories&promocode=SUPP) that will allow you to read the full article on their site! Don't miss this one.

Hatusu
May 21st, 2004, 08:27 PM
Yeah, but only so you have more time to play your Everquest, collectable card games, and Cosplay :pYou got me there. I haven't been initiated into that world. I guess I'll just while away my time here. I do play poker!:cool:

Thanks, Multichannel!

petzke_42
May 22nd, 2004, 10:57 AM
Yeah....poker rules. I've actually never done any of those things either, although I really want to (which is probably sad in itself). I really really wanna go to a geek convention (for lack of a better word :) ) because geeks are nice, and they just look fun.

angsty_otaku
May 24th, 2004, 12:45 PM
wow...that's such a great article...the kind of spotlight stargate needs...