PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural could have a season 6

Arative
January 14th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Awesome! Supernatural could have a season 6 (http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/things-looking-up-for-a-s.php#more)

If Kripke is on board, I'm game for it, if he isn't, then I'd say no thanks.

LtColCarter
January 14th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Awesome! Supernatural could have a season 6 (http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/things-looking-up-for-a-s.php#more)

I agree with ya here!

Andron
January 14th, 2010, 08:22 AM
We're actually already discussing this topic in the spoiler thread
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=68486

the fifth man
January 14th, 2010, 05:47 PM

I think a lot of us feel the same way.

The Swarm
January 15th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Yay, i knew SN would get another season!!!

LtColCarter
January 15th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Yay, i knew SN would get another season!!!

Don't get too excited yet. The title of this thread has the word "could" in it. That doesn't mean we are getting a 6th season...but it would be awesome if we did!

the fifth man
January 15th, 2010, 07:37 PM
Don't get too excited yet. The title of this thread has the word "could" in it. That doesn't mean we are getting a 6th season...but it would be awesome if we did!

Yeah, we don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves just yet.

LtColCarter
January 16th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Yeah, we don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves just yet.

Yes...but we can still remain hopeful and have positive thoughts! :D

the fifth man
January 16th, 2010, 08:01 PM
Yes...but we can still remain hopeful and have positive thoughts! :D

Certainly! You know me, I usually try and stay pretty positive.:)

spinny magee
January 21st, 2010, 12:42 AM
I only just started watching this show but I like and hope it keeps going.

Story line seems as confusing as the mystery of the universe.

LtColCarter
January 21st, 2010, 08:07 AM
I only just started watching this show but I like and hope it keeps going.

Story line seems as confusing as the mystery of the universe.

Its really not...but its been built upon for 4 years now. You should see if you can catch the earlier season. It'll help things make sense.

the fifth man
January 21st, 2010, 06:30 PM
Its really not...but its been built upon for 4 years now. You should see if you can catch the earlier season. It'll help things make sense.

Yeah, if you like this show, you have to see it from the very beginning. Things are very connected on this show, and have really built up over the years.

Madwelshboy
January 22nd, 2010, 01:25 AM
CinemaSpy: 'Supernatural' Sixth Season Confirmed

First it was Smallville, now Supernatural. A couple of days ago we reported that Smallville had been picked up for a tenth season. Industry sources in Vancouver provided CinemaSpy with the tip, indicating that while the official announcement has not yet been made, behind-the-scenes it’s all but a done-deal. Today we’ve been informed that Supernatural, too, has been confirmed with another season, in this case its sixth.

The news raises some intriguing conjecture about Supernatural. Season Five had long been touted as the last, with the Winchester brothers finally doing battle against Lucifer during the apocalypse. For a sixth season, what does one do for an encore after slaying Satan?

Creator/producer Eric Kripke has always maintained that the five-year arc would conclude with Sam and Dean confronting the Devil in a final showdown, though he’s also been quick to add that he’s not necessarily out of ideas, either.

continues:
http://www.cinemaspy.com/article.php?id=3886

Since their the only ones reporting this as a fact rather than conjecture, im gonna take it with a grain of salt untill these an official press release.

From TV Guide's Matt Mitovich:-

Too bad that some site(s) are getting #SUPERNATURAL fans prematurely excited about an "official" S6 renewal. Sure it may happen, but not yet
23 minutes ago from web

http://twitter.com/MattMtvguy/status/8082331397

LtColCarter
January 24th, 2010, 08:15 AM
CinemaSpy: 'Supernatural' Sixth Season Confirmed

First it was Smallville, now Supernatural. A couple of days ago we reported that Smallville had been picked up for a tenth season. Industry sources in Vancouver provided CinemaSpy with the tip, indicating that while the official announcement has not yet been made, behind-the-scenes it’s all but a done-deal. Today we’ve been informed that Supernatural, too, has been confirmed with another season, in this case its sixth.

The news raises some intriguing conjecture about Supernatural. Season Five had long been touted as the last, with the Winchester brothers finally doing battle against Lucifer during the apocalypse. For a sixth season, what does one do for an encore after slaying Satan?

Creator/producer Eric Kripke has always maintained that the five-year arc would conclude with Sam and Dean confronting the Devil in a final showdown, though he’s also been quick to add that he’s not necessarily out of ideas, either.

continues:
http://www.cinemaspy.com/article.php?id=3886

Since their the only ones reporting this as a fact rather than conjecture, im gonna take it with a grain of salt untill these an official press release.

From TV Guide's Matt Mitovich:-

http://twitter.com/MattMtvguy/status/8082331397

I hope its true

the fifth man
January 24th, 2010, 06:38 PM
I hope its true

At least we know that there is a good chance.

LtColCarter
January 25th, 2010, 06:46 AM
At least we know that there is a good chance.

This is true...the more sources we hear it from...(I think) gives it more validity...

Madwelshboy
February 6th, 2010, 03:22 AM
Exclusive: CW early renewal statuses for all shows

Apparently THE CW is deep in contracts negotiations and is finalizing the paperwork for renewing : Gossip Girl ,90210 ,Smallville ,Supernatural , ANTM and The Vampire Diaries for next season. Expect official renewal annoucements for the above shows later this month.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/02/exclusive-cw-early-renewal-statuses-for.html

LtColCarter
February 7th, 2010, 08:38 AM

Apparently THE CW is deep in contracts negotiations and is finalizing the paperwork for renewing : Gossip Girl ,90210 ,Smallville ,Supernatural , ANTM and The Vampire Diaries for next season. Expect official renewal annoucements for the above shows later this month.

:jack_new_anime07::hammondanime01::weiranime17::zelenka25:

the fifth man
February 7th, 2010, 07:15 PM
:jack_new_anime07::hammondanime01::weiranime17::zelenka25:

If this is true, I am one very happy fan.

starg8fans
February 8th, 2010, 01:29 AM

Pleeeeeease let it be true!

LtColCarter
February 8th, 2010, 07:24 AM
If this is true, I am one very happy fan.

As am I...

Crichiel
February 8th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I have no clue how to post a "Tweet" onto here, but over the weekend, Jim Beaver Tweeted that HE DOES NOT KNOW...but that if he were a betting man, he would say there was at least going to be at least one more season.

starg8fans
February 8th, 2010, 01:34 PM
I have no clue how to post a "Tweet" onto here, but over the weekend, Jim Beaver Tweeted that HE DOES NOT KNOW...but that if he were a betting man, he would say there was at least going to be at least one more season.

'At least'? At least??? This is getting better and better.

the fifth man
February 8th, 2010, 06:37 PM
'At least'? At least??? This is getting better and better.

I do love this show. But, let's take things one season at a time.

starg8fans
February 8th, 2010, 11:27 PM

You're right, especially since Jared and Jensen's contracts expire after S6. I could understand if they want out after all that time, especially now that they're actually doing movies. I'm not sure if I would continue watching without them...

LtColCarter
February 9th, 2010, 08:12 AM

Yes...lets take things one season at a time

the fifth man
February 9th, 2010, 05:53 PM
You're right, especially since Jared and Jensen's contracts expire after S6. I could understand if they want out after all that time, especially now that they're actually doing movies. I'm not sure if I would continue watching without them...

I know I probably wouldn't. The Winchesters are this show.

LtColCarter
February 10th, 2010, 08:32 AM

IDK if I would either...

the fifth man
February 10th, 2010, 06:05 PM
IDK if I would either...

Without them, things would be so drastically different. Too different for me.

LtColCarter
February 11th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Without them, things would be so drastically different. Too different for me.

Yes, you're right...it would be very different without the brothers.

the fifth man
February 11th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Yes, you're right...it would be very different without the brothers.

So, for now, let's just hope we won't have to deal with them not being around.

LtColCarter
February 12th, 2010, 09:20 AM
So, for now, let's just hope we won't have to deal with them not being around.

Yes...I agree...lets do that! :D

the fifth man
February 12th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Yes...I agree...lets do that! :D

That is the only thing that keeps me sane regarding this show.

Ashizuri
February 16th, 2010, 09:10 AM
CW extends early renewal contract to Supernatural! (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/02/16/scoop-cw-renews-supernatural-gossip-more/)

LtColCarter
February 16th, 2010, 09:15 AM
cw extends early renewal contract to supernatural! (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/02/16/scoop-cw-renews-supernatural-gossip-more/)

yay!! :D

iolanda
February 16th, 2010, 09:22 AM
And now official and fresh from the CW:

http://blog.cwtv.com/2010/02/16/the-cw-announces-early-pickups-for-five-series/

*IZ HAPPY*

LizzieAnne
February 16th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I'm also very happy....:D.

Arative
February 16th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Question now is if Jared and Jensen and Kripke are on board with a 6th season. If not, I don't think I'd want to watch.

LtColCarter
February 16th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Question now is if Jared and Jensen and Kripke are on board with a 6th season. If not, I don't think I'd want to watch.

I'm sure they are!

Madwelshboy
February 16th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Yes to all.

LizzieAnne
February 16th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Jared and Jensen are already contracted for a S6 and although I think that the show could go on without Kripke, because the other writers do a brilliant job and know the show inside out, I reckon part of the reason that it's been renewed is because Kripke's already on board. Kripke's loving the show's success....and so he should....he deserves it... :P

Madwelshboy
February 16th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Sera Gamble on Supernatural's sixth season

I sent a note to "Supernatural" executive producer Sera Gamble when I heard about the show's renewal for a sixth season. I said I was happy to hear that the show would be returning, but I had to be a little cheeky and ask if viewers would be getting "The Apocalypse 2: The Squeakquel" next season. Here's her response:

"No, you will not be getting Apocalypse, The Squeakuel in Season 6 (that's hilarious)," Gamble wrote. "We're climaxing that story this season. We've been working on the Season 6 storyline for quite some time, and we're very excited about it. We have lots of ideas, and are grateful for the chance to keep the show going.

"Please tell the fans that the writers say thank you! We so appreciate the support."

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/02/sera-gamble-on-supernaturals-sixth.html

the fifth man
February 16th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I am very happy we will be getting another season of this amazing show.:) I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next season. Especially after how great this season has been thus far.

Madwelshboy
February 16th, 2010, 11:48 PM
'Supernatural' exclusive: Eric Kripke stepping down as showrunner

Aw, hell. I had a bad feeling Supernatural’s early season 6 renewal came with an asterisk. Sources confirm to me exclusively that creator Eric Kripke will be stepping down as the CW drama’s day-to-day showrunner next season. Executive producer Sera Gamble, who has been with the show since season 1 and is awesome, is poised to succeed him.

But, and this is a big but, Kripke will remain actively involved in the show — and not just in name only. Although CW and Warner Bros. reps declined to comment, a Supernatural insider assures me that Kripke and his current co-showrunner, Robert Singer, will continue to function as hands-on executive producers. “Eric and Bob will be working very closely with Sera,” says the source. “They are not abandoning the show.”

Kripke has long said that he envisioned Supernatural as a five-season show. But in an interview last August, he clarified that stance. “I’m looking at this season as the [last] chapter in this particular story,” he told me. “That doesn’t mean there can’t be a new story. Buffy did it. The X-Files did it. You close a chapter on a big mythology storyline and then you begin a new one.” Asked whether he would be involved in a possible sixth season, Kripke hedged, “I don’t know. I’m going to cross that bridge when I get to it.”

Kripke is said to be finalizing a new deal with Warner Bros. that will feature a big development component. In other words, his diminished role on Supernatural will free him up to create another awesome show.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/02/16/supernatural-eric-kripke-steps-down-showrunner/

Arative
February 17th, 2010, 06:14 AM
Well, I think as long as Kripke is involved in someway it will be OK. Sera Gamble will be a good replacement.

LtColCarter
February 17th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Well, I think as long as Kripke is involved in someway it will be OK. Sera Gamble will be a good replacement.

I sure hope so! :D

Sp!der
February 17th, 2010, 09:01 AM
one question, im still at season one, yes a newbie to this show :), does this show has only a monster-of-a-week episode or are we gonna see later an story that consists of more episodes, i know they are searching for their father, but thats not really a plot, so just asking but im enjoing it.

LtColCarter
February 17th, 2010, 09:09 AM
one question, im still at season one, yes a newbie to this show :), does this show has only a monster-of-a-week episode or are we gonna see later an story that consists of more episodes, i know they are searching for their father, but thats not really a plot, so just asking but im enjoing it.

It starts out that way, but eventually there are story arcs that go over a few episodes and we start seeing villians return. You're in for an epic journey! :D

Sp!der
February 17th, 2010, 09:22 AM
It starts out that way, but eventually there are story arcs that go over a few episodes and we start seeing villians return. You're in for an epic journey! :D

ok then so im not worried! :) thanks...watching to night season one...

starg8fans
February 17th, 2010, 09:46 AM
ok then so im not worried! :) thanks...watching to night season one...

Definitely no reason to worry. If you like myth arcs, you've come to the right show. And there will be eps in the latest seasons that refer back to stuff you're watching now. So enjoy the ride!

LtColCarter
February 17th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Definitely no reason to worry. If you like myth arcs, you've come to the right show. And there will be eps in the latest seasons that refer back to stuff you're watching now. So enjoy the ride!

Well said :D

Madwelshboy
February 17th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Supernatural - Will Misha Collins be in season six?

Denise in Janesville, Wis.: I'm hoping you can answer this question since it has turned into a very heated debate among the Supernatural fandom. The so-called hot topic is this: Does Misha Collins' contract with the show end this year, or does it run through the newly announced season six? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We checked on this for you, and insiders tell us that as of right now, Misha Collins' Supernatural contract is just through to the end of the current fifth season—in part because when his deal was being worked out, there was no such thing as a season six.

Sources close to the CW Award-winning Best Supporting Actor are "hopeful" that Misha will be asked back for season six, but as of right now, folks close to the recurring player are in the same holding pattern as the rest of us.

News about whether or not we'll get more Misha should come down over the coming weeks and months as the writing staff sorts out storylines for season six.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/02/supernatural-will-misha-collins-be-in.html

the fifth man
February 17th, 2010, 06:52 PM
I really hope Castiel survives this season. I would love to see him, at least a little, next season.