X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G.I. Joe 2 - News/Discussion

GI Joe sequel already confirmed

Fresh from earning $100 million worldwide on its opening weekend, GI Joe: The Rise Of Cobra, will soon be heading for a sequel.

Paramount vice chairman Rob Moore confirmed that plans to continue the franchise are going ahead to The Los Angeles Times. The newspaper also states that while the cast are contractually obliged to return for more films, director Stephen Sommers is not, giving open speculation as to who will direct the sequel to a film that has been a success financially, but has bombed critically.

GI Joe is based on the popular toy line by Hasbro. The adaptation, currently in cinemas at the moment, stars Dennis Quaid, Channing Tatum and Sienna Miller, and has a 12A certificate

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/gi-jo...ady-confirmed/

'Zombieland' duo to pen 'G.I. Joe 2'

Paramount has reportedly hired Zombieland scribes Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick to pen the sequel to the 2008 hit G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

According to Collider, the duo will take over scripting duties on the follow-up, which is still in the early stages of development.

Paramount has no start date for the project. It's unclear if director Stephen Sommers will helm the sequel, but most of the actors from the first film are expected to return

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...-gi-joe-2.html

Sweet! I enjoyed the first film, and really look forward to this sequel. And hopefully more characters introduced, on both sides.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'll be watching this. I thought the first film was quite good, plenty of action, and just enough humour for the fill. I eagerly await the sequel.
      sigpic
      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
        I'll be watching this. I thought the first film was quite good, plenty of action, and just enough humour for the fill. I eagerly await the sequel.
        Most definitely!
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I've not seen the first one yet. Getting my friends to go to movies is like pulling teeth.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            I've not seen the first one yet. Getting my friends to go to movies is like pulling teeth.
            Make sure you at least check it out. People have mixed feelings on it, but I enjoyed it overall. I just want more characters from the original cartoon introduced in the sequel.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Make sure you at least check it out. People have mixed feelings on it, but I enjoyed it overall. I just want more characters from the original cartoon introduced in the sequel.
              I will...its in my netflix queue
              sigpic

Comment

I watched GI Joe as a kid, loved it....seriously considering getting the footlocker complete series set. Naturally I was pretty thrilled when I heard they were doing a movie of it.

Until I saw the trailer. After realizing that I would never get those 3 minutes of my life back, there wasn't any chance of me seeing the movie =/
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  I watched GI Joe as a kid, loved it....seriously considering getting the footlocker complete series set. Naturally I was pretty thrilled when I heard they were doing a movie of it.

Until I saw the trailer. After realizing that I would never get those 3 minutes of my life back, there wasn't any chance of me seeing the movie =/
                  I certainly understand that this movie wasn't for everyone. I am just glad I ended up enjoying it, and look forward to what they have planned for the sequel.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I watched the film recently. I didn't like interpretation of a lot of the characters and a number of other few things, but felt that it had all the pieces for an adequate action flick. Parts of it were quite good, I thought. Cobra Commander was good, but most of the other cobra characters just seemed too ordinary.

I had watched the show a lot, and Cobra was anything but a group looking of average... uh joes. Obviously they couldn't take all the designs and characters straight out of the cartoon but still, many of them didn't feel noteworthy enough.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

The trailer was why I wanna see the movie. But of course, we all like different things!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        The trailer was why I wanna see the movie. But of course, we all like different things!
                        I really liked the trailer when I first saw it too. It definitely influenced me in regards to seeing it.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

G.I. Joe 2 Buzz

Zombieland screenwriters Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick plan on going straight to the source for inspiration when writing G.I. Joe 2.

In a chat with MTV, Wernick said he and Reese are off to Hasbro's home base in Rhode Island next week to "talk to the toy guys, take a tour of the facility, see all the old toys, the new toys and just get inspired."

The writers will use the trip to help them establish which new characters to use in the sequel, which Wernick said will definitely be a "continuation" of what was established in the first film and not a reboot. "We can say that we will be faithful to the first film," Reese said. "We will not be ignoring events from the first in the second."

To Reese, G.I. Joe "should be fun, it should be a ride. That's what we feel like Zombieland was, and we hope to bring that to the G.I. Joe franchise also."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/106/1069942p1.html

Comment

Working...
                          X