Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh Wgah'nagl Fhtagn! H.P.Lovecraft and Cthulhu Mythos

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh Wgah'nagl Fhtagn! H.P.Lovecraft and Cthulhu Mythos

Come Deep Ones and Shoggoths! Nightgaunts and Mi-go! Star-Spawn and Elder Things! ...and i suppose humans too...Come and discuss the glorious and horrifying works one Howard Phillips Lovecraft! i pioneer in the field of horror and science fiction. The most well known creation of Lovecraft is the Great Cthulhu., who waits dreaming in the sunken city of R'lyeh until the stars are right. discuss and thunk to your hearts desire.
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!
    My best friend bought me this shirt for Xmas. Notice the back.
    It's so odd how often Cthulhu comes up during sci-fi related conversations with me. Another friend gets seriously bothered when I make a Cthulhu reference. "Who is this Cthulhu you're always talking about?!" he mutters. Clearly, the madness-inducing Great Old Ones are with me.

On a more... serious note... I'd love to see an 'At the Mountains of Madness' movie. The last Ctori Spelling movie that claimed its title as Cthulhu wasn't very good. The HP Lovecraft Historical Society's silent Cthulhu film, however, is a masterpiece.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_STCenzr3Y
      Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
      sigpic

Comment

I love you.

Try this one. I love the HPLHS!
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

My favourite Lovecraft story is 'At the Mountains of Madness'. It's got many of the major aliens and creatures of the Mythos and it's just a great read. 'The Shadow over Innsmouth' is a close second, followed closely by, naturally, 'The Call of Cthulhu'!
          As for my favourite being, it's definitely Nyarlathotep. Evil never looked and acted so... evil.

There's a recently concluded comic series called 'Fall of Cthulhu'. It's a great read. I highly recommend it.
          Last edited by nx01a; 27 January 2010, 12:05 AM.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
          X