-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    In the episode cure we learned that the queen goa'uld had been sucked dry, and we also learned that they didnt have enough trutonin to keep supplying the people of their planet. Now tealc and bratac have started taking it and they seem to be offering it to heaps of jaffa they are allied with. If there wasnt enough trutonin for the creators, how is it that there is enough for all of earth's allied jaffa????

Spoilers for "Changeling" s6 and "Birthright" s7

Well so far the only Jaffa that are taking it are Teal'c Bra'tac, and the 4 or 5 Jaffa from Birthright.

That's really not that many yet, however they are going to hit a limit as to how many jaffa can take it.

Of course if they find a way to synthesize the drug they wont need gou'ald...
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Thanks for answering that, i've always wondered about that.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

possible spoliers for various episodes season 6 and above
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        -
        Yeah, only a few people are on the trutonin, but what if all the women jaffa had said "ok i will go on trutonin". The question is, can sg1 really be offering this drug so readily when they have do not have the ability to make more.

Comment

Well I don't think they'd offer it if they couldn't make enough... but who knows.
          ~BCM =)

Comment

Spoiler Space

I thought, in Changeling, that the Tok'Ra said they had figured out how to synthesize it, but it still had the same bad side effects. I could be wrong since it has been awhile since I watched it and I have slept many times since then.

Comment

Originally posted by BoBWraith
              Spoiler Space

I thought, in Changeling, that the Tok'Ra said they had figured out how to synthesize it, but it still had the same bad side effects. I could be wrong since it has been awhile since I watched it and I have slept many times since then.
              I thought the same thing, so I went back to watch the scene again. What he says is 'we since refined it specifically for Jaffa physiology' and 'we've been working on this tritonin varient since you introduced us to the Pangarins(sp)'.
              ~BCM =)

Comment

But for the tokra to refine the drug, they have to have the original trutonin which is about to run out

Comment

Originally posted by Maybourne
                  But for the tokra to refine the drug, they have to have the original trutonin which is about to run out
                  What? How is it going to run out? The Tok'ra need only small samples of Tretonin to work on to try and make the Jaffa version work as a one time dose...

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                    What? How is it going to run out? The Tok'ra need only small samples of Tretonin to work on to try and make the Jaffa version work as a one time dose...
                    Spoiler Space Changling...Birthright..Death Knell

My question now would be......Did the SGC get the notes or research from the Tok'ra prior to the severing of the alliance. I can assme they did..but with all the withholding of this information and that information, I don't recall if Jacob stated that they would be passing the info along once they were sure it was working. Plus I am not recalling if Janet said the SGC had their own supply in Birthright.
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar

My question now would be......Did the SGC get the notes or research from the Tok'ra prior to the severing of the alliance. I can assme they did..but with all the withholding of this information and that information, I don't recall if Jacob stated that they would be passing the info along once they were sure it was working. Plus I am not recalling if Janet said the SGC had their own supply in Birthright.
                      Good points,Tame! I'll have to watch those eps again. I'm sure if there's no direct answer onscreen,the writers wouldn't be so sadistic ,or lax enough, to have the SGC/Janet etc, offer the drug or a synthesised version, if the Rebel Jaffa were to end up dying, once they became dependent on its ready supply.
                      I hope so anyway.

On another note: Aren't the Rebel Jaffa exchanging one form of slavery for another? By this,I mean, that if they become dependent on this drug,whoever supplies the drug becomes their new Masters! I, for one, don't think that is Teal'c's vision of "Freedom for all Jaffa".
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I would assume they have all the info they need, because they didn't call in the Tok'ra to help in Birthright, they did the whole experiment themselves.

I'll make another assumtion, which is really a leap, and say that the SGC may also have a way to synthesize the drug or they wouldn't be doing test runs on anyone.
                        ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                          Good points,Tame! I'll have to watch those eps again. I'm sure if there's no direct answer onscreen,the writers wouldn't be so sadistic ,or lax enough, to have the SGC/Janet etc, offer the drug or a synthesised version, if the Rebel Jaffa were to end up dying, once they became dependent on its ready supply.
                          I hope so anyway.

On another note: Aren't the Rebel Jaffa exchanging one form of slavery for another? By this,I mean, that if they become dependent on this drug,whoever supplies the drug becomes their new Masters! I, for one, don't think that is Teal'c's vision of "Freedom for all Jaffa".

I think they do address that in a way...saying that they would cross that bridge...but it is a start....one step at a time so to speak
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

spoiler space just in case - Birthright, Death Knell
                            Originally posted by bcmilco
                            I would assume they have all the info they need, because they didn't call in the Tok'ra to help in Birthright, they did the whole experiment themselves.

I'll make another assumtion, which is really a leap, and say that the SGC may also have a way to synthesize the drug or they wouldn't be doing test runs on anyone.
                            I was thinking along those lines to but I still wondered if it had been addressed somewhere.. It just seems that sometimes it is something like this that gets lost in the *big picture* but is an important piece to one of the main characters of the show. And if there is no back story on what was the progression then TPTB are scrambling to fill it in and they are not very good at that.
                            Also, if the Jaffa alliance has broke down then are we to assume that the rebel Jaffa are still relying on symbiotes and not Trutonin? Because if they are using the medicine how are they to get it?

Comment

I think they do address that in a way...saying that they would cross that bridge...but it is a start....one step at a time so to speak
                              Yes, Jacob mentions that when they talk about it, something like 'given time we can fix that too' but in the mean time their dependence is on a substance and not a person/"god". The Jaffa don't have to do what the gou'ald want anymore because they no longer need to be in their good graces to recieve their next snake.

Of course I suppose in a way that makes them our "slaves" but I trust the SGC will do the right thing
                              ~BCM =)

Comment

Working...
                              X