PDA

View Full Version : Best scifi show of the '90's

badwolfSG
January 9th, 2010, 08:39 AM
We got best scifi show of all times and decade, so, I thought why not the '90
s? And here we are! If anyone wonder I'm going with show that premiere in the '90 but not necessary ended in the '90. There might be some cross over between the two other poll's.

Star trek: Voyager
Babylon 5
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The X-Files
Farscape
First Wave
Sliders
Stargate SG-1
Highlander: The Series
The Outer Limits(1995)
Xena: Warrior Princess
Charmed
Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
Roswell
Mercy Point
Now and Again

nx01a
January 9th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Well... TNG started in 1987. Voyager and DS9 began in the 90s.

Mercy Point? My God... I remember that show! ER in Space. :D

BayGateScape
January 9th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Sliders was kinda joke, story's were good, but bad science and bad execution of stories.

EvilSpaceAlien
January 9th, 2010, 09:13 AM
TNG shouldn't be on the list because it premiered in the 80's.

I just gotta choose SG1. I never really enjoyed any other show to the same extent.

Linda06
January 9th, 2010, 09:15 AM
hmmm...Well it's hard to choose between SG-1, Farscape, DS9 and X-Files (earlier seasons). They were the highlight of scifi :D

badwolfSG
January 9th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Well... TNG started in 1987. Voyager and DS9 began in the 90s.

Mercy Point? My God... I remember that show! ER in Space. :D

I didn't watch too many Star Trek show, and got that off a listing of show in the 90'! But thanks for telling I fixed it and put Voyager in it place.

DigiFluid
January 9th, 2010, 09:59 AM
List is missing DS9. I, however, will vote for Farscape.

And Hercules, Xena, and Charmed aren't exactly sci-fi.

jelgate
January 9th, 2010, 10:09 AM
DS9 or SG1

nx01a
January 9th, 2010, 10:24 AM
As much as I love SG-1 and DS9, I gotta vote Babylon 5. Special mention to The X-Files.The ability to go from sci-fi to fantasy to horror to humour to... just plain weird. It's the only show that I anticipated watching more than a Star Trek series.

Jeffala
January 9th, 2010, 01:05 PM
B5.

Nor Buffy.

badwolfSG
January 9th, 2010, 01:11 PM

B5.

Nor Buffy.

I was doing Supernatural and Scifi genre...

Krisz
January 9th, 2010, 01:39 PM
The shows I enjoyed the most from the 1990's:

1. Stargate SG-1
2. Deep Space 9
3. Farscape
4. The X-Files (first 5 seasons).
4. Quantum Leap
5. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Ar3s
January 9th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Stargate SG-1, Farscape, Space Above And Beyond, Deep Space 9.

the fifth man
January 9th, 2010, 07:31 PM
I have to go with Farscape first, followed very closely by SG-1.

Thunderstorm
January 9th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Sliders was kinda joke, story's were good, but bad science and bad execution of stories.

Season 1 and 2 were great. 3 had few good eps. 4 and 5 are best forgotten.

Not sure I could narrow it down since Farscape is split between the decades. But in my choices - some of Highlander, XFiles S1-7, Stargate S1-4, Sliders s1 & 2, Quantum Leap

Cold Fuzz
January 12th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Babylon 5 & Deep Space 9 are easily my top two. I have yet to watch Farscape as I'm still working my way through my first watch of all the Doctor Who episodes since 2005. That's going to take a while.

Angela V
January 12th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Out of that list, it's Farscape for me. Very creative and they'd take things like making a double of someone and not resolve it by the end of the episode or the next for that matter!

Infinite-Possibilities
January 12th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Out of that list I'd choose Farscape. I'd have to choose between Deep Space Nine and Farscape counting all shows that started in the 90s. Which seems like a ridiculous thing to even attempt to do. I don't know how I'd be able to accomplish that :p

TNG, DS9, and Farscape are probably my 3 favorite sci-fi shows of all time. Which one I love most sometimes almost depends on my frame of mind.

Missster.Freeman
January 12th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Babylon 5.

/thread over

maneth
January 22nd, 2010, 03:16 AM
Babylon 5
DS9
Voyager
Farscape
Roswell - I enjoyed it even though I felt a bit old to be watching a show about high-school kids...

I like what I've seen of SG-1, in total perhaps 20 episodes from the first few seasons. Borrowed the DVDs from a friend so that's going to change soon.

nx01a
January 22nd, 2010, 10:43 AM
I, too, loved Roswell. I started watching it @ ... 21? So I guess I was close enough to teenie bopper. :D

SaberBlade
January 22nd, 2010, 12:56 PM
Space: Above and Beyond, Stargate, Seven Days Voyager and DS9, Now and Again, Earth: Final Conflict (for the first few seasons), I really enjoyed Dark Skies, Sliders, Farscape, Time Trax I loved, Babylon 5, Seaquest, Quantum Leap, Space Precinct. These stand out a lot as the shows I enjoyed watching.

Just noticed how many begin S

McClance
January 22nd, 2010, 06:18 PM
Farscape, of course, followed by Babylon 5.

Although, I didn't discover FarScape until 2005.

Giantevilhead
January 23rd, 2010, 06:58 PM
Batman: The Animated Series

SaberBlade
January 23rd, 2010, 07:12 PM
Batman: The Animated Series

That was one of the best shows of the 90s out of all genres, but not sure it counts as Scifi.

Giantevilhead
January 23rd, 2010, 07:46 PM
If these shows count:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Farscape
Sliders
Highlander: The Series
The Outer Limits(1995)
Xena: Warrior Princess
Charmed
Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

So should Batman.

Infinite-Possibilities
January 24th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Well, there was one episode where robot duplicates takeover most of the important people in the city. THey were even coming from a place (a factory) called Cybertron. :P It wasn't the only episode with similar such stuff either, so I will say too, that it ought to be primarily thought of as such.

Giantevilhead
January 24th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Well, there was one episode where robot duplicates takeover most of the important people in the city. THey were even coming from a place (a factory) called Cybertron. :P It wasn't the only episode with similar such stuff either, so I will say too, that it ought to be primarily thought of as such.

That episode had tons of sci-fi references. The robots were controlled by an advanced super computer that looked like HAL. The robots themselves were metal endoskeletons covered by life-like rubber, similar to Terminators. The creator of the super computer was named Karl Rossum and voiced by William Sanderson. Rossum's Universal Robots was a play that coined the term "robot." William Sanderson played Dr. J.F. Sebastian in Blade Runner.

Plus there's tons of sci-fi elements in Batman. There's Mr. Freeze with his robotic suit and freeze gun. Dr. Milo and his genetic splicing. Mad Hatter and his mind control technology. Poison Ivy and her genetically modified plants. Hugo Strange with his mind probe. Bane and his enhanced steroids.