This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1x?? "Human Error" the missing episode

I remember the time when season 1 of Atlantis was still in production, there was a 21th episode call "Human Error". Finally this episode was not included on the season and maybe report to another. So I asked the question to Mallozzi on his blog:

Jeremsg1 writes: “So my question is :Human Error became a episode of another season and the titles has changed? Or the episode was cancelled? What was his story line?”

Answer: Human Error was an Atlantis episode with a great premise that we could never quite make work. From what I recall, I believe it involved Atlantis being visited by beings claiming to be ancients who turn out to actually be synthetic beings seeking the emotional capacity for ascension. Or something along those lines.
    It's look like the Asuran...
    Maybe a good episode? At the time of season 1 stories were really good

sounds like Ghost in the Machine

Comment

The perfect mix of Progeny, The Return and Ghost in the Machine

Comment

Sounds like something I'm glad they didn't do... oh wait, they did. Sadly.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Sounds like something I'm glad they didn't do... oh wait, they did. Sadly.
          Yes, but maybe if they had made this episode at this time, the story (Asuran) would have taken another turn... maybe better.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremsg1 View Post
            Yes, but maybe if they had made this episode at this time, the story (Asuran) would have taken another turn... maybe better.
            Well, if they hadn't been Asuran in the first place, which are replicators in essence, then who knows... But if the Asurans had been introduced in season 1 already... well, I don't know. As far as I am concerned they were a cop out to begin with.

Comment

Well, if they hadn't been Asuran in the first place, which are replicators in essence, then who knows... But if the Asurans had been introduced in season 1 already... well, I don't know. As far as I am concerned they were a cop out to begin with.
              IMO they should have never been made. Because now there's no Elizabeth.
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                IMO they should have never been made. Because now there's no Elizabeth.
                Also true.

Comment

"human error" sounds like every single episode

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                    "human error" sounds like every single episode
                    from halfway through season 4 onwords I would agree.

Comment

The Asurans were incredibly cool IMHO but it's how they were handled that I'll always hate. This incredibly advanced and powerful race that just kept getting punked at every turn by base codes and energy fields, whose technology couldn't even stand up to the Travelers?! It's like the writers realized that they'd created an enemy that was too powerful for Atlantis and had to neuter them.
                      The Asurans = the Borg of Stargate.
                      Progeny remains my fave SGA episode, but they went downhill swiftly after that.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Introducing human replicators (Asurans or whatever) would have made things too hard to handle, but they still are a nice idea. they needed more time, more than 5 seasons for two main enemy alien races, plus the Genii: SG1 had 10 years for Goa'uld, Replicators and Ori....
                        sigpic
                        Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

Working...
                        X