PDA

View Full Version : SG1 proper order?

Stryker412
January 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I'm somewhat new to the SG1 universe. I know it's blasphemy but I didn't start watching SG1 until season 9. I wanted to go back and watch ALL of it in order so I bought the entire series.

My question is, the DVD episode order is different than the episode order you have listed here. So which is the proper order to view these episodes in? Thank you.

DigiFluid
January 4th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Honestly, it doesn't make a heck of a lot of difference. There's a few screwy differences in season 1 and I think one in season 2, but the rest is the same.

jelgate
January 4th, 2010, 04:06 PM
For the most part no and the ones that are have no bearing of the plot arcs. And as DigiFluid said its only the first season DVD of SG1

Stryker412
January 4th, 2010, 04:11 PM
OK thanks for the answers. I know there's always talk about the "proper" order of Babylon 5 too but again had no significant bearing on the overall plot.

magictrick
January 4th, 2010, 06:50 PM
I watched it all on DVD and I didn't find any problems with that. If you want to continue and watch SGA there's some episodes of SGA you should watch before (?) SG-1 season 8. I don't remember the proper order on that though.

Flyboy
January 5th, 2010, 03:15 AM
I'm somewhat new to the SG1 universe. I know it's blasphemy but I didn't start watching SG1 until season 9. I wanted to go back and watch ALL of it in order so I bought the entire series.

My question is, the DVD episode order is different than the episode order you have listed here. So which is the proper order to view these episodes in? Thank you.
Depends.

If you're Region 2 - then it most DEFINITELY is the listing on Gateworld. The R2 publishers liked to screw the order around in order to make a more 'sellable' package, as they originally sold episodes in volumes of four.

Pharaoh Atem
January 5th, 2010, 05:51 AM
http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=57199 maybe this might help

kusanagi
January 5th, 2010, 11:50 AM
I watched it all on DVD and I didn't find any problems with that. If you want to continue and watch SGA there's some episodes of SGA you should watch before (?) SG-1 season 8. I don't remember the proper order on that though.
Same here. I watched all of them on DVD and never was confused about the plot.

Stryker412
January 7th, 2010, 09:37 AM

Actually I've already seen all of SGA. I know a lot of SG1 was spoiled for my by watching it out of order but now it's interesting to go back and see where things first started.

I have seen season 9&10 of SG-1, All of Atlantis, and all of SGU. I've also see SG: Ark of Truth but I held back on watching Continuum until I saw the first 8 seasons of SG1.

Supreme Commander Sil
January 7th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Have you seen the original movie?
It comes before the series. :weiranime34:Tsk, tsk, can't forget that :P. Actually, I like it :P. But it is somewhat important for the plot of SG1, being the first introduction and all :).

maylet
January 7th, 2010, 02:06 PM
Have you seen the original movie?
It comes before the series. :weiranime34:Tsk, tsk, can't forget that :P. Actually, I like it :P. But it is somewhat important for the plot of SG1, being the first introduction and all :).

I agree, you have to see the original movie.