evaluation of Kate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

evaluation of Kate

this thread is to discuss the kate freelander character.

for me, i don't mind her at all. i don't look at her as a replacement to ashley per se, just a new addition to the team.

i might not love this character, but i don't see what's so bad about her either.

discuss away.
    sally

sigpic

Hmm, I don't see really see her as a replacement either and I don't hate her. But I don't exactly love her character either.

I've just gotten used to her being there now, but early on I definitley had a strong dislike for her character.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm getting used to her, but I wouldn't call myself a fan.

Comment

I feel the same way. Definitely a long way to being a fan.
        sigpic

Comment

i'm definitely a very long way from being called a fan.
          sigpic

Comment

I have to agree. I don't hate Kate, but I don't know that I would miss her if she were gone. I guess I'm indifferent.

Comment

I think the whole switch from bad to good isn't believable. She was introduced willing to sell BigFoot to the highest bidder and in one episode she's willing to fight for them.
              I just don't believe it. Fleeing from the Cabal; yes. Being a member of Sanctuary; no.
              O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

I don't know why it is but she's just annoying to me. Just everything about her rubs me the wrong way. I don't consider her an Ashley replacement, but I did like Ashley more.
                All that said, she does serve her purpose on this show--which is to be a backboard to Henry's humor. Now there's a good character.

Comment

I don't care for the character at all. I don't see her as a replacement for Ashley, who I was neutral to other than for the potential interaction with Helen. With Kate, I don't find anything believable. Other than maybe this is a not-so-subtle ploy to garner Bollywood's notice?
                  Last edited by hisg1fans; 03 January 2010, 06:45 PM.

Comment

to me she started out as a cliche. she still has tendencies, and everytime they come out it annoys me a bit, but she has potential. conflicted characters are more interesting. and she certainly has conflicts. I do sincerely hope they stop with all that 'highest bidder' stuff. that's the part that got old to me.

i do think she has the potential to bring out the less refined and more dangerous side of helen and the others. she might dislodge a bit of that stick that's in helen's bum
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      to me she started out as a cliche. she still has tendencies, and everytime they come out it annoys me a bit, but she has potential. conflicted characters are more interesting. and she certainly has conflicts. I do sincerely hope they stop with all that 'highest bidder' stuff. that's the part that got old to me.

i do think she has the potential to bring out the less refined and more dangerous side of helen and the others. she might dislodge a bit of that stick that's in helen's bum
                      She could do that indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

yeah.

kate reminds me of vala, without the pigtails and bimbo-like attitude.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

yeah, i can see that. attitude and snark without the (my opinion) pathetic hitting on of another character along with the OTT sex appeal

she's simply a survivor
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by katefan View Post
                            I have to agree. I don't hate Kate, but I don't know that I would miss her if she were gone. I guess I'm indifferent.
                            I'm rather indifferent to Kate as well, though I admit I'm personally very much digging the fact that she's Indian, and not playing a doctor, programmer, or engineer. I think if they continue to tone down the 'tough girl' attitude and emphasize her street-smarts/skills I'll like the character more.

And I rather like the idea that Helen is willing to work with less refined, somewhat questionable people like Kate, it gives her an interesting edge, IMO.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

And I rather like the idea that Helen is willing to work with less refined, somewhat questionable people like Kate, it gives her an interesting edge, IMO.
                              after what sky said, about kate bringing out helen's not so good side in dealing with things/ppl, and now what you're saying, i really want to see the show go down this road.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X