This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 9?

Wouldn't it be cool if SG-1 went on for a ninth season? Think about it: Star Trek is the biggest sci-fi legend in the United States, right? Star Trek also has the longest running sci-fi series in American history as far as I know, and that was only 8 seasons. So if SG-1 does a ninth season then it will, in effect, surpass Star Trek in American culture.

Star Trek may be the most well-known sci-fi series in America, simply because they keep on pumping out new series.

If the X-Files is classified under sci-fi (not sure, have to look), then it would be the longest running series. It had, what, 11 seasons?

SG-1 could surpass it seasons wise, but it needs to gain a sudden explosion in popularity. If you do a query, more people will have heard about a Kirk, Picard, Scotty, Spock more than a Jack, Sam, Teal'c.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

TNG had 7 season as did DS9 as did Voyager...

X-Files had 9 years.

BTW I think this is already being discussed in the s8 folder.
      Last edited by bcmilco; 13 May 2004, 06:27 PM. Reason: to take the edge off it :S
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

and i think there is a exactly the same threat right HERE -> http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=483

Comment

Yep, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread down since there is in fact another thread on this topic.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Working...
          X