Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Archangels : are there other potential candidates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Archangels : are there other potential candidates?

We know of four.

1) Michael
    2) Raphael
    3) Lucifer
    4) Gabriel

There is speculation that Uriel is (or was) suppose to be an Archangel too, although I'm convinced that he was never intended to be such. Uriel may be listed as a potential Archangel on various websites, but by Supernatural lore, he hasn't been stated as one, and died (in my opinion) too easily.

Archangels are very powerful. Uriel was not.

Anyway, we know that Lucifer is roaming around on Earth, trying to bring about the Apocalypse. We know that Gabriel is probably soaping around somewhere, wondering what to do with himself, and whether to fight against, or alongside the boys; suffice to say, I doubt we've seen the last of him.

Michael we're suppose to be seeing in one of the newer episodes, even though the episode is set in the past. Fact be told, we will see him. And Raphael is (last we knew) trapped. Right, questions...

Firstly, aren't Angels (and Archangels) suppose to know where each other are, unless they've put a spell on themselves or others? Surely Michael (being the only Archangel left sane and able) would be able to free Raphael? Should he free him, does anyone have any guesses as to Raph's actions? Would he go after Cas for trapping him, or would he get on with his duty?

Secondly, does anyone know of any other potential archangels. I personally doubt there are any, for the simple reason that all the big names have already come to pass. I'd have thought, that if there were others, they'd have come before the big names; they haven't.
    sigpic
    It's Probin' Time!

In Catholicism, three archangels are honored by name
    • Michael
    • Gabriel
    • Raphael

St. Gregory the Great gave the names of the other four:
    • Uriel
    • Phanuel
    • Zarachiel
    • Simiel

So, these names could be used.

Lucifier really isn't considered an angel anymore since he turned on God as was banished.
    sigpic

Comment

Well, as we've already had Uriel, I doubt we'll be seeing them other three as Archangels, although I still think it would be nice if we had more than just the three (or rather, two, as Gabriel is kind of solo at the moment).
      sigpic
      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Working...
      X