What do you want from Season 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you want from Season 4?

Okay so now we know that we have a new season on the way in Summer 2011, which is going to feature stories set in the U.S. and around the globe.

Personally Id love to see story lines involving Torchwood 2 and 4.. something about where the Weevils come from..

Obviously stuff about Torchwood being re-established following children of earth.. Hiring new staff.. new hub.. etc

Id love to see a Dr. who cross over with Matt smith too..
    Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 08 June 2010, 02:16 PM.
    I dunno what to put in here now..

I would love to see more of the Victorian Torchwood or maybe some of the TW missions of Gerard Carter.
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Ideally, I'd like Jack with a whole new team of never before seen characters becasue after his six month walkabout and eventual decision to leave Earth, bringing him right back to Cardiff really will cheapen all the "realistic drama" of CoE, but that'll never happen so....

Realistically, I want Gwen/Rhys to make it. I want them to be happy and have a family because something good has to come from this. I do not want to see them killed/seperated for the sake of realism or drama. You hear me Rusty? Please don't mess up the Gwen/Rhys awesomeness. Also, I'd like to see Gwen in more of a support role if she's going to be a mother. She's fought long and hard for her normal life so I'd like to see her have it.

I want to not see Lois on the team. At all. Johnson can join up, in fact, I insist that Johnson be on the team if we have to have CoE cast around, but Lois can go away somewhere else please. I find it very tacky to just basically replace characters and she was nothing if not Ianto version 2.0.

Also, I want Jack to not be magically over things. This means no big time jump and no off-screen healing while traveling with the Doctor. I want him to be suffering and mourning for all that he lost and not jumping into a relationship with the first pretty boy/girl/alien that passes by. I want to see the struggle for redemption and the grief over Ianto/Steven/Alice. I want reprecussions over the loss of Gray. Basically, I want Jack to be an angsty ball of man!pain because after CoE anything less would be insulting.

Honestly, my fannish love for TW is deader than Dead!Ianto and I don't really have a lot of interest in season 4, but I hope it goes something like this.

Oh, and Owen, Tosh and Ianto in Rose's parallel universe please. The four of them could be Team Way Better Than The Stinky Other Torchwood Team. It would be awesome.
      Originally posted by Callista
      Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
      Originally posted by HPMom
      She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

I want to see Jack back. Gwen to have the baby but still be on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by leeman15251 View Post
          I want to see Jack back. Gwen to have the baby but still be on the team.
          and nothing bad happening to that baby
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I want Cybermen flashbacks....lots of them...

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              and nothing bad happening to that baby
              Or Rhys!!

Though, Kai has said that he doesn't expect Rhys to make it all the way through season 4...

Comment

Gwen/Rhys + baby being healthy and in the story.
                But Gwen should take over a supporting role.

Jack should come back. I wouldn't want him to be "magically be over everything" - some epis could show him still thinking of the "old" members/flashbacks what he has done and how he tried to get over these deaths. I also don't need him being "emo" in every episode though.

He should get new members.
                But maybe this time don't kill them off like flies [Death in Torchwood is all good and fine - makes the plot amazing because the main characters actually die!], but yeah.... not everybody please...

Comment

I would like a new Torchwood and a new team. I think that having Rhys and Gwen happy with their child as being more important than having Gwen as a member of the team. As much as I would like to see Ianto back, I don't think that Jack is the proper mindset to be open for longterm relationships even though it would be fun to have Alonso make more appearances. I think that Jack still has a lot to work out and would probably be the main focus on a few series.

If anything, I would like to see Jack on his own, perhaps exploring what happened with Torchwood 4 as opposed to being set at a single location.
                  Last edited by SaberBlade; 04 January 2010, 07:40 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Less death.
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                      Less death.
                      I'll second that!
                      Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                      Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                        Less death.
                        More death.

Death is a vital element of Torchwood.

Doctor Who is about the magnificent and the wonderful, where somehow everything is beautiful and even death can sometimes be averted.

Torchwood is here on Earth. Real world. There are bar fights. There's ****.

In the sort of line of work Torchwood undertake, people would die, and there's no getting around that - UNIT possibly have the highest turn over in terms of personnal than any other British Army regiment, so why should Torchwood be different. Loss is apart of life, and in a show that want's to be 'real world', it's vital.

For me, if an S4 is made, I don't want it to feel like it's gone backwards. Developments, possibly - but it would require a completely different sort of headquarters, and would probably have to be more in line with government oversight due it essentially being reformed.

Closer work with UNIT would be good, as would more liaising with Whitehall.

Frankly, what I wouldn't mind is Spooks with a Torchwood twist.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                          More death.

Death is a vital element of Torchwood.

Doctor Who is about the magnificent and the wonderful, where somehow everything is beautiful and even death can sometimes be averted.
                          Death has been averted many time in Torchwood. Rhys, Owen, and Suzie were all brought back. Ianto as well, depending on whether or not you think he had died in Cyberwoman before Jack's "Kiss of Life."

Comment

Originally posted by Ashizuri View Post
                            Death has been averted many time in Torchwood. Rhys, Owen, and Suzie were all brought back. Ianto as well, depending on whether or not you think he had died in Cyberwoman before Jack's "Kiss of Life."
                            Owen was a walking corpse. Then 'died' again.

Suzie was ressurected. Then died again.

Ianto is a mystery.

Only Rhys counts there imo.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure what I want, except that I want it back.
                              no means no, and so does pepper spray
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X