About Star Gate ship weapons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Star Gate ship weapons...

Are they even possible in real life? Is there anything close to what they have that we have invented?

Also, the weapons in Star Gate are so slow, especially the Ori's. Would they actually go that slow? And why don't ships simply dodge them instead of sitting there or going in a straight line?

No. No. No. Ignorance of CGI department.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      No. No. No. Ignorance of CGI department.
      Ah, well, it's cool to watch, I'll give them that.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Master View Post
        Ah, well, it's cool to watch, I'll give them that.
        The alternative would be like they did on Andromena and just say the missiles travel at relativistic speeds and never see it on tv. If you want to see it the speeds need to be in the lower end of speed range. I think what is unrealistic is that propulsion isn't a key element of the attack strategy. Think of how lethal railguns would be if they were fire from a ship with a 0.2c closing velocity to the target?

Comment

or the ship is to slow to dodge the shots no think of that ancient ship that uses 0.99 c
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
            or the ship is to slow to dodge the shots no think of that ancient ship that uses 0.99 c
            Ships aren't capable of dodging weapons fire. In order to allow you to see the weapons fire, they have slowed it way down. It would be more likely there is a randomized "juking" set up to prevent enemies from aquiring a fire control solution.

Comment

did you ever play x2 in that game if enemy ship has a flight path and you want to manually fire at it the computer calculates the most plausible position where the enemy ship would be when you fire reaches them and you can fire at it , i think a similar soft is also in stargate , if a ship move the computer can calculate the trajectory in fire to that spot and when the ship is there bang you weapon hits him
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
                did you ever play x2 in that game if enemy ship has a flight path and you want to manually fire at it the computer calculates the most plausible position where the enemy ship would be when you fire reaches them and you can fire at it , i think a similar soft is also in stargate , if a ship move the computer can calculate the trajectory in fire to that spot and when the ship is there bang you weapon hits him
                unless there is randomized "juking" to prevent a solution

Comment

in reality there is no real random , every random is generated by a complex algorithm and if you have a sufficient powerful computer you can calculate that random .So why use a random when you can have a special design algorithm to target
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

It's not an algorithm if I'm jerking the stick around randomly.
                    Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to realize no one actually reads my posts.

Comment

if you say so but if you do that i don't think you will do severe damage to a foe
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

Comment

Are they even possible in real life? Is there anything close to what they have that we have invented?

Also, the weapons in Star Gate are so slow, especially the Ori's. Would they actually go that slow? And why don't ships simply dodge them instead of sitting there or going in a straight line?
                        If you haven't noticed 304 captains and especially Caldwell are terrible at actually captaining a ship. Rather then manuvering the ship to try to avoid enemy weapons fire, he finds a spot to park and just takes the hits. We know a 304 can manuver pretty good, the Odyssey was able to dodge Ori weapons fire.

Comment

and also because of it size it can really dodge , but i never hear : Evasive maneuvers Mr Data
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

Comment

well the rail guns on the 304 ships are real.
                            but I don´t thing weapons which the aliens races used are real but if ask this question after 50- 100 years you will have a different answers because there are studies on warp drive and plasma things being done

Comment

All things shown is stargate are possibly real but the energy and effect of those are visually incorrect because of the ignorance of the CG department and people who know how things work are irritated by their work. Myself included.

Comment

Working...
                              X