Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RC model of Star Trek USS ENTERPRISE swimming underwater (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC model of Star Trek USS ENTERPRISE swimming underwater (video)

I just checked out an awesome video clip of the USS Enterprise A model kit which was modified to operate underwater to create the illusion that the starship is "flying" through space! Check it out, its awesome!

I’m not an RC gadget expert, but modding static model kits of space ships so that they’re water-proof and can be RC-controlled to make them then “fly underwater” seems like a very, very geeky thing to do to me. Take this 1/350 scale replica of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A space ship from Star Trek, for example.

Some person [JP] in Yokosuka, Japan, bought the static kit and transformed it into a space ship that can move and be RC-controlled underwater. The people belonging to the “underground” circle of these self-made gadgets call themselves “Aqua Modelers” and meet up on a regular basis [IT] to exchange ideas and show off their works each year. The last one apparently just took place a couple of days ago.

See the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-A in action in the video below:

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/12/24...erwater-video/

And you can see it here on youtube as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQEsG...1&feature=fvwp

I tell you, these Aqua Modelers are brillant, considering that they came up with the underwater starships concept. If you can't go up, go down. Oh man! I have a model of the Enterprise A that has yet to be assembled with all the lights that goes with it, but its been sitting inside of the box for years because I haven't gotten around to building it yet and I would also like to modify it to work underwater too. Anyway, this video just proves that the Enterprise A is the most beautiful and graceful starship of any of the incarnations, hands down.
    Have you ever remembered what life was like before you were born? That's how it will be like after you're dead.

That's really, really awesome.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
    X