Shield working mechanism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shield working mechanism

I was thinking for a while about this and i am still trying to come whit a theory that covers all gaps .
    Asgard shields work by creating a static field of charged electrons hold together by a magnetically induced filled creating positive electrons ( maybe not ) , and after it the field is deployed when is needed this theory also explains why asgard shields decay over time under heavy fire , for the shields to recharge is recommended to be turn off and leave time for the matrix to recharge .
    Atlantis shields use the same electrons bond hold together by a magnetic field but the smart part is that they found a way to recharge the matrix while deployed .
    Anubis shields may be composed of a entire atom ( possibly H2 ) that allows the matrix to resist heavy fire mostly because atoms have mass ( well a bigger mass then electrons) and also ensures a bigger resistance to staff-like weapons and projectile and are also resistant to the tollan ion-cannon because the low power shields of a standard ha`tak ( use also electrons and and because it uses a low powered magnetic shield that holds every electron tide to other 3 compared to the asgard 6-linked electrons i will make some schemes soon ) ok back to the chase the ions disrupt these low linked electrons and put them into their chemical formula , because ions have some missing electrons ( as we know it ) . Also the H2 atom makes sens because those shields decrease the power in the atmosphere of a planet because the H+O2=h2o which turns the shield into water .

Drone weapons shield bypass : according to my theory of the electrons and atoms shield the the drones have two ways of bypassing the shields of a ship :
    1. Repeatedly bouncing to that part of the shield ( which because of their projectile nature are not destroyed ) and after that much bouncing the bonds between particles are weaken and allow them to create a gap.
    2. The drones generate a positively (or negatively ) charged field that disrupts the bonds between particles , this also may by why the asgard shields have some resistance ( remember the 6-link ) and also the somewhat resistance of the Travelers because their shield may have a distinct positive (or negative ) charge that gives them more resistance.

Now the reason why ancients don`t use a H2 anatomical shield is because they also use shields inside a planet atmosphere and that would render them useless .

Ancient Outpost Shields : they are a older design that consumes energy to keep electrons in the shield matrix possibly a 3 or 4-link electrons ( maybe 3-link and those snakes copied this formula and upgraded a little but they never tried another electronic combination ) anyway these are the oldest shields made by the ancients and probably a over power shield version of these is used on Destiny ( the reason why shields drain power ) and because these are so old they equipped it on the outposts as a not needed safety .

But i may be wrong i am only a probie
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Now the reason why ancients don`t use a H2 anatomical shield is because they also use shields inside a planet atmosphere and that would render them useless.
    Can't speak to the rest of the theory, but I'd like to point out that we have seen all types of ships use a shield in atmosphere: Prometheus in "Prometheus Unbound", Anubis in "Homecoming," Orion in "Inferno," Atlantis, obviously, etc.

So there's that.
    Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to realize no one actually reads my posts.

Comment

like i said only Anubis used H2 shield .
      sigpic
      Stargate Mods List

Comment

Well, Sam says Anubis' shields are "less than 40% effective within the atmosphere of a planet"

So not "useless," but less effective to be sure.
        Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

Comment

yeap i said i makes them really weak , in the future i will add diagrams and drawings to improve my theory but until then this is the only theory that makes any sens and also this is the only stable idea and also the many electrons theory divides any damage and spreads it to all the electrons ( and also Anubis`s shields could use ionized hydrogen particles that are basically protons , and when a hydrogen ion gets a electron it becomes a atom that means that not all hydrogen ions from the shield becomes h2 and there water but just as i say i made this tread so that we can discuss and make a decent theory on how shields work and how drones bypass them
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

Comment

ok because i have no idea on how to edit my first topic i will make here a revised version of my theory .
            Shields are based on linking particles using a magnetic force field these means that each particle is linked to at least 3 other ( the minimum ) an when a impact or something hits that part of the shield it transfers a part of the force to his neighbors but in the process weakening the field that keeps the particles together , i used in this theory electrons (for most shields) for later to be explained reasons .
            Goa'uld shielding : weak based on the 3-linked electrons this is a very basic shield and is the cheapest to build and upgrade , you need more power you just need to increase the magnetic field between electrons which mean that you need more energy to power it .
            Anubis Shields : made from hydrogen ions ( yeap you can call them protons ) it has increased power compared to the on of the normal goa'uld at the same energy requirement because protons have a bigger mass then electrons , and also make the tollan ion-cannon useless ( we would later explain how the ion cannon works ).Now we come to explain why these shields are so useless in a planet atmosphere , the hydrogen ions gain some electrons from gases in a planet and also at the same time a part(not all) of these H atoms leave the magnetic shield and combine whit the O2 atoms resulting h2o ( this doesn't destroy the shields it just renders atomic lever gaps in the shield ).
            Asgard shields : they work on the same principle as the goa`uld shields but instead of using a 3-linked electrons it just uses 6-linked electrons that means that the damage spreads faster so more electrons and disrupts less electronic bonds , but in time under damage holes appear that allow damage to bypass it and because the asgards have no way of restoring thestrength of the magnetic field it needs to be turn of and the magnetic field to be restored .
            Ancient city & Aurora shields : Ancients probably use the same 6-linked electronic particles ( or maybe a 8 ) but the smart thing in their shields design is that they found a way of recharging the magnetic between electrons whit out dropping the shield , possibly a cyclic recharge that's the reason why Atlantis suffered damage against the super-hive ( i mean those sparks ) which means that if you do big damage fast ( between cycles ) the ancients shields act as the asgard ones .
            Ancient outposts : these use a older version that probably was used because it was the cheapest to build probably used also a 3-linked ( and goa'uld copied and improved them ) and the reason why it consumes that much power is because it constantly pumps power into the magnetic field .
            The reason why you can't have 2 shields or shield+cloaking engaged is because both use electrons hold together whit a magnetic field and 2 magnetic fields at the some time would interfere one whit the other which means that the cloak would be imperfect and the shields to have gaps .
            Anti replicator : if i remember well the replicator weapon was based on electrons on some frequency and disrupts the the bonds between replicators .

Tollan Ion-cannon : it works by firing ions ( atoms that lack 1 or more ions ) and rips the weak anchored 3-linked electrons in the goa`uld shields is just like you use a cannon on a fire , but anubis`s shields are already composed from ions and is like trowing a bucket of water into the ocean ( nice but useless ) .
            Drones : drones emit their own electrical field that interferes whit the magnetic field , the fewer bonds the faster it goes trow , but the asgard shields have 6-linked electrons and also a more stronger magnetic field that is disrupts much harder , this means that is a piece of a cake to pass trow 3-liked anubis & goa'uld shields .

Side notes :
            1 sorry for the graphics
            2 this is the only theory that explains it all the stuff about the shields and weapons that affects them so easily i would be glad to hear other much better theories that explains this so easily .
            3 I don't think the writers where thinking about how the shields works when making the episodes , i just folded science around the story .
            4 I would want anyone that reads this to found any holes in my theory so that i can rethink it .
            sigpic
            Stargate Mods List

Comment

wow, amazing stuff here

Comment

just wait to see the hyperspace and FTL theory that i will launch in the near future .
                sigpic
                Stargate Mods List

Comment

in a distant future after i am done whit the hyperspace , alternate universe drive ,super zpm and some unsolved thinks on stargate ( i am out of unsolved thinks ) i will make them into a mega tread and the mods could delete this
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

I don't understand how in your theory these shields actually repel things. If the shield is composed entirely of electrically charged particles (either negative or positive) why would this repel objects of neutral charge ? For example, let's say we have a barier of electrons held together by the magnetic field, as you described it. Why would this barier stop and ordinary rock from passing through ? Also, these shields can be easily neutralised (quite literally) if you bombard them with oposite charge particles. For example if I bombard the electron shield with hydrogen ions (protons) it would result in the creation of stable hydrogen atoms which would completely break apart the shield. (same idea with the hydrogen ion shield)
                    I just don't see how these shields could work.

Comment

every particle holds together its neighbors and the magnetic shields repels things when they act like a barrier and about like i said the reason that the ion weapons don't work against new shields is because they are linked to 6 at once , and also maybe they are neutral ions ( why not if they can travel FTL ) and also the particle shields explains why it changes color to that part when is hit , it just transfer a part of the damage to all the particles .
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

Comment

So they light up when hit because...?

Comment

because the kinetic energy transfers from the impact place to the entire surface of the shield but is mostly visible in the nearby place of the hit because it time the energy of the hit decrees , think about trowing a rock in water , it makes small waves that decreases as we move away from the center .
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

Comment

so i'm not a physicist and only took two semesters of lower division undergraduate physics, but since when do electrons have links?

also, i should point out that your theories are absolutely in no way related to the shield technology research that the US military spends tens of millions of dollars a year funding...

Comment

Originally posted by tinerin View Post
                              also, i should point out that your theories are absolutely in no way related to the shield technology research that the US military spends tens of millions of dollars a year funding...
                              Those are plasma shields, and pretty much a waste of time if they want it to withstand something more then a little radiation.

Comment

Working...
                              X