PDA

View Full Version : Im really going to miss Dollhouse...

Puddle-Jumper
December 22nd, 2009, 02:35 PM
Its gotten so good in the past few episodes, I know a lot of the first season wasn't great, infact I was surprised it was renewed, but still... the second season has really picked up... its disappointing.....

Ian-S
December 22nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
I think I will too, there's some good humour in it at times.

Saquist
December 27th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I liked it...it was unusual...but it needed to be so much more.

pjt
December 30th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Me too, even more so we saw some of the big picture that Joss thought of.
:(

Amalthea
January 15th, 2010, 07:30 PM
Especially after tonight, I'm really going to miss Dollhouse.

Joss made us question identity, the nature of the soul, and asked what is a person? It's the ultimate separation of mind and body and asks if you are who you are without one or the other. And what are the rights of the two halves, as it were? How do we treat the helpless? So many moral questions, it's incredible.

I wish his dream could have been realized the way he had intended and played out as he envisioned.

retiredat44
January 25th, 2010, 02:01 PM
again, they bungled it by dragging out the first season.. no one could see what was coming.. the sex slave trade just killed the show... once they got into the depth of the show, it was too late..
I liked it after they put it into 3rd geAR..

pjt
January 25th, 2010, 02:05 PM
again, they bungled it by dragging out the first season.. no one could see what was coming.. the slave trade just killed the show... once they got into the depth of the show, it was too late..

Okay, I really don't get this. What would your Dollhouse show have been about? The one without the "slave trade", without the rich clients with their strange needs to fund the "public" aspect of the Dollhouse?

Replicator Todd
January 25th, 2010, 08:19 PM
I will miss the show as well, and I just got into it to. :(

Mike.
February 2nd, 2010, 08:01 PM
Especially after tonight, I'm really going to miss Dollhouse.

Joss made us question identity, the nature of the soul, and asked what is a person? It's the ultimate separation of mind and body and asks if you are who you are without one or the other. And what are the rights of the two halves, as it were? How do we treat the helpless? So many moral questions, it's incredible.

I wish his dream could have been realized the way he had intended and played out as he envisioned.
QFT

They're something about Joss' shows that make them so compelling. It's not just entertainment, it really makes you think, and wonder what would have happened next.

It will be sorely missed, just like Firefly, Angel, Buffy...

huntress
February 6th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I am just glad that the show way able to wrap up the way it did. It sucked that we were robbed of so many episodes. I wanted to see how Alpha became one of the good guys, I would have loved to see the battle of the guys in a world that was falling apart, how Tony chose to be Victor and left Prya behind out of love...also what happened to Mr. Dominic? :sigh: Yeah Dollhouse you will be missed... :(

Pharaoh Atem
February 8th, 2010, 07:22 PM
i only enjoyed the summer glau eps other then that won't miss it at all.

squirrely1
February 10th, 2010, 10:37 AM
It's over??:eek: ACK! I've been DVRing it and haven't kept up....so it's really over?? *cries*

magictrick
May 3rd, 2010, 12:09 AM
So far it isn't that great of a show. I keep watching because I like Joss Whedon's other stuff (especially Firefly) but this show is nothing special. Just finished watching episode 2.06 and the whole thing is just way too jumbled. I do like Olivia Williams though, and its nice to see Summer Glau for a few episodes.

DigiFluid
May 3rd, 2010, 09:36 AM
I thought I would miss this show a lot more than I do.

I still get miffed whenever I think about Firefly, but Dollhouse? I just don't really care.

magictrick
May 4th, 2010, 10:33 AM
I watched 2.07 Meet Jane Doe the other day, that was some great acting by Olivia Williams. The rest of the episode was pretty average, but I can see how things are building up to the events in Epitaph 1.

Sp!der
May 5th, 2010, 01:42 AM
I thought I would miss this show a lot more than I do.

I still get miffed whenever I think about Firefly, but Dollhouse? I just don't really care.

the same with me. I really think Firefly could have at least four seasons, but dollhouse ... was a few episodes awesome but lot more episodes were meh...

magictrick
May 5th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Just finished watching the second season yesterday. I liked the build up to the conclusion but I thought the final 2 episodes could have been better.

A few things that bothered me:

1) Alpha is all of a sudden the good guy and no one has any problem with it? I feel like this requires at least some explanation

2) Topher is a genius and he can't figure out how to put a timer on the device so it won't have to be done manually. I understand sentimentally its because he felt responsible for everything and felt that it was the only way to go, but logically it doesn't make any sense.

3) What happened to those tech heads?

So many unanswered questions with the plot.

Replicator Todd
May 6th, 2010, 02:36 PM
I liked Dollhouse alot, not Joss's best show by any means but I thought it was great and a lot better than most of the stuff that exists out there today.

MathiasE
May 14th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Miss it as well, imo it was one of the better shows of the last few years.

Pharaoh Atem
May 16th, 2010, 07:25 PM
how can you miss that which was barely able to become it's own entity

Replicator Todd
May 16th, 2010, 07:33 PM
how can you miss that which was barely able to become it's own entity

How come people miss Firefly? ;)

icsteffi
May 16th, 2010, 07:41 PM
Dollhouse was awesome because I wished it to be awesome. I think if I didn't already love most of the actors, and didn't know it was Whedon, I never would have stuck with it. Glad I did though, because season 2 progressively got better, and I felt like it ended with a bang.

Phenom
May 17th, 2010, 01:12 AM
This was a really good show. Very unfortunate that it was given the boot, however in saying that I thought they completed their storyline in a pretty complete way. Thankfully after watching the final ep I was able to get some closure in what I found to be an entertaining show. Its always nice when that happens.

Now just don't get me started on Las Vegas....

Jackdoc
May 25th, 2010, 11:48 PM
Dollhouse surprised me, it's a show that didn't showcase it's potential till later in the first season, the immortal life , rich society, multiple versions of people is just incredibly complex and season 2's driving force was interesting to see unfold.

MickyD
June 14th, 2010, 10:36 AM
While it may not have thoroughly been the best show around, some of the episodes were amazing, generally those ones involving Alpha or Bennet. I think the epitaph was a little unnecessary, it could have just been left at the end of season two possibly with some threads unfinished but the whole 3rd season (practically) crammed into one episode was a bit irking.

DigiFluid
June 18th, 2010, 02:07 AM
While it may not have thoroughly been the best show around, some of the episodes were amazing, generally those ones involving Alpha or Bennet. I think the epitaph was a little unnecessary, it could have just been left at the end of season two possibly with some threads unfinished but the whole 3rd season (practically) crammed into one episode was a bit irking.
Huh? Epitaph Two was a direct sequel to Epitaph One, the last episode of season 1.

Puddle-Jumper
June 18th, 2010, 09:27 AM
Huh? Epitaph Two was a direct sequel to Epitaph One, the last episode of season 1.

Ya but that didn't air in the states did it? It was only on the DVD iirc, he may not have been aware of that

Replicator Todd
June 18th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Ya but that didn't air in the states did it? It was only on the DVD iirc, he may not have been aware of that

Indeed, Epitaph One was never aired (at least in the US) but was included on the Season One DVD.

Puddle-Jumper
June 19th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Indeed, Epitaph One was never aired (at least in the US) but was included on the Season One DVD.

I think it aired over here in UK and ireland on Sky, not sure though

Col.SamanthaO'Neill
November 12th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Dollhouse was an awesome show I wish it was'nt cancelled loved the 2 seasons
Eliza Dushku's character Caroline Farrell aka Echo went threw alot in season 2 and Eliza Dushku is an amazing actress she rocks seen her in a few things she's awesome :D

actuallyliam
November 19th, 2010, 05:04 AM
It was sort of like SGU in a way it started out slow. So most casual viewers and ones that were not invested in Joss Whedon shows. Didn't stick with it. So when it really became great in the second season. Half it's fan base was already gone.

I believe there are going to be comics coming out that chronicle the survivors?