Medical Ship Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical Ship Design

Hey, Something i have always thought about doing but dont have the technical expertise, i know there is an original starship design thread but i was thinking of a more specified type of ship, in this case a medical ship from the Terrans.

Obviously it wont be a battle ready dreadnought like the 304's maybe a sleeker, faster design, primarily a defensive ship and fast too. get in, get the wounded off a failing ship and get out, taking as little damage and staying for the shortest amount of time possible.

Anyone have any ideas?

NN
    sigpic
    THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Daedalus class, but strip all weapons, hugely expand number of beaming tech systems, have a couple of allied Tok'ra or at best former Goa'uld/Tok'ra hosts with access to Healing Device and even a captured sarcophagus (in a very secure unit) for worst cases.

Convert the hangar bays into permanent hospital units?

Also, add in extra life support to handle mass evacuation / heavy casualties (the SGA ep with the volcano established Daedalus' life support limitations).
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Like the ideas, Id leave the bare minimum of weaponry though, some rail guns and a single large yield nuclear warhead for deployment in times of exteme need, with the option for controlled detonation as a self destruct.

Id get rid of the lid of the daedalus class, i dont like the overlapping platform on top and then construct the 304 bays into the core of the ship, make a sleeker tighter design, allowing for less structural weaknesses and a smaller shield cross section.
      sigpic
      THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Had a dable in photoshop with the kind of shape im looking for, just edited someones picture of a 304, but id like it to be more light coloured steel and for the whole top area above to hangers to be flat with only tht little command post there, and also less panel like across the entire hull, id like a smoother finish, i have no idea how to use these rendering softwares thou.

Does anyone have a 304 model in one of their rendering programs they could tinker a little to give something like this?
        Last edited by Naquadah_nut; 08 January 2010, 04:14 PM.
        sigpic
        THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

this should be part of OSDT, give 3d art a go try sketchup its free.

sigpic

Comment

And the name should reflect the type of ship that it is.
            MY CONVENTIONS:

CON*CEPT MONTREAL 2006
            MARCON COLUMBUS 2007
            POLARIS TORONTO 2007
            CREATION STARGATE VANCOUVER 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012
            GATECON VANCOUVER 2008 & 2010
            VCON VANCOUVER 2010
            FAN EXPO VANCOUVER 2012 & 2013

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieS View Post
              And the name should reflect the type of ship that it is.
              How about the HMS Hippocrates or the HMS Asclepius?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

it didnt offend me one bit but i reserve the right to critisize or express my oppinion on it.

Comment

And i am not blocking your opinion, but for 20 mins in photoshop i wasnt expecting a masterpiece, just a rough design.

Id really like to hear your input on how to improve the design thou and what you feel the ship could benefit from.
                  sigpic
                  THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                    it didnt offend me one bit but i reserve the right to critisize or express my oppinion on it.
                    As long as you express that opinion here, you will express it with respect and not call people names
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

well for a hospital ship i'd say speed and defence are key ingredients sacrificing offence for incresed defence and speed and this ship doesnt have a tauri look to it as we know it today but rather more civilian looking and sleaker with just a dash of feminine qualities symbolising a carring mother or something..

oh and the first ship of this class off the essembly line should most def be named Janet Fraiser for obviuos reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        As long as you express that opinion here, you will express it with respect and not call people names
                        i did not call anyone anything i was only reffering to the work.
                        Dragon_Heart is the one who is obviuosly calling me this and that any chance he gets.

Comment

Yeh id forgot bout fraser, good, this will be the USS Janet Fraser from now on.

i was thinking of making things Curvier, less hard edges, more like the goa'uld ship from that s6 ep in the small town, but with more of the destinctive tauri shape
                          sigpic
                          THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

If you ask me, medical ship design should be small, extremly fast, well armed and extremly well shielded ship.

it size should be 30-40% of one 304, and instead of hanger bays it should have escape pods installed all over the lenght of the ship.

this escape pods should be small enough to escape trough the stargate and carry several pacients and small crew. Maybe smaller versions of PJ, shielded and armed with auto-aiming lasers or some sorts of weak beam weapons, capable of destroying a fighter.

the medical ship should be capable of getting from MW to PG in mather of hours, not days.

the ship's crew should be devided in pilots, medics and security force. the crew should not be bigger than I dont know 80 people, from which half should be medics.

Comment

Originally posted by comperius View Post
                              If you ask me, medical ship design should be small, extremly fast, well armed and extremly well shielded ship.

it size should be 30-40% of one 304, and instead of hanger bays it should have escape pods installed all over the lenght of the ship.

this escape pods should be small enough to escape trough the stargate and carry several pacients and small crew. Maybe smaller versions of PJ, shielded and armed with auto-aiming lasers or some sorts of weak beam weapons, capable of destroying a fighter.

the medical ship should be capable of getting from MW to PG in mather of hours, not days.

the ship's crew should be devided in pilots, medics and security force. the crew should not be bigger than I dont know 80 people, from which half should be medics.
                              first point if its small and well armed it can't really be intergalactic as the ship would need huge power cores to get to another galaxy, increasing the size allows for faster travel in hyperspace as you can feed the engines more power...unless you can construct a ZPM like device.

If I made a medical ship It would be large curvier than normal while keeping the tauri feel so the viewer will know that it is tauri...no beam weapons or nukes, just railguns for defense a hanger to have an aux transport ship to ferry passengers if beam and rings are down.

not run by the USAF (that went ages ago in my ships) but by Earth's new fleet command. Not the Janet Frasier for the first ship as that woudl denote the class, but after the shakedown Gen o'neill could change it.

Still think this should be part of the OSDT!!!!!!!!!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X