A Question about Farscape's Guinness World Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Question about Farscape's Guinness World Record

Does anyone when Farscape will appear in the Guinness Book of Records for the visual effects record they have. I didn't see it in the 2010 book and wanted to make sure that I got the book that the show will be in since I have the 2 with Star Trek in it and the one with Stargate SG-1.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

What record would that be?

And the SG-1 one is kind of bogus too. As much as I love SG-1, its series run "record" is nothing compared to Doctor Who's.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

And the SG-1 one is kind of bogus too. As much as I love SG-1, its series run "record" is nothing compared to Doctor Who's.
      I don't have a clue either. I will have to check this out.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
        I don't have a clue either. I will have to check this out.
        At San Diego Comic Con July 2009 Guinness World records presented Brian with a plaque confirming that FS had the most digital/visual effects in a television series.

It's true, I was there when it happened.
        sigpic
        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Kind of, in the grand scheme of things. Though I think it said North American produced, so...meehhh

Though Sanctuary might surpass this, if it continues to a fourth and fifth season, due to the entire thing being shot on Green Screen.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
            Kind of, in the grand scheme of things. Though I think it said North American produced, so...meehhh

Though Sanctuary might surpass this, if it continues to a fourth and fifth season, due to the entire thing being shot on Green Screen.
            Yeah, it could eventually. But for now, let's take things one season at a time. With SyFy, one shouldn't get too far ahead of themselves. But if Sanctuary, or any show for that matter, does overtake Farscape, it won't take away the show's awesomeness.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yeah, it could eventually. But for now, let's take things one season at a time. With SyFy, one shouldn't get too far ahead of themselves. But if Sanctuary, or any show for that matter, does overtake Farscape, it won't take away the show's awesomeness.
              Truer words were never spoken.

Not sure how the fact that Sanctuary is 98% shot in front of a Green Screen would factor but really, for me, FS will always be the better show and I do like Sanctuary.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                Truer words were never spoken.

Not sure how the fact that Sanctuary is 98% shot in front of a Green Screen would factor but really, for me, FS will always be the better show and I do like Sanctuary.
                If it does, I'll be happy that it passes from one good show from the other.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
                X