• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Attic (210)

DOLLHOUSE - SEASON TWO
    THE ATTIC
    EPISODE NUMBER - 210

Echo experiences her worst nightmare after it's decided that she's too dangerous. (TV Guide)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 26 December 2013, 11:13 PM.

When the five-some is hiding out in the basement talking about how the Attic is Rossum's main frame, the guy who was Arkane made some comment about security and a woman. I caught that the woman was Caroline, who obviously didn't remember anything. However, what was the guy saying? What was it that he said that the security people and the woman (Caroline) did inside the Attic?

P.S. I'm really getting addicted to Dollhouse now.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

The Attic was totally trippy - I loved it. So many pieces sliding into place - it's a shame that this show is ending, but I'm very glad that Joss is doing his thing and trying to finish up the story best he can with the last episodes.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
        The Attic was totally trippy - I loved it. So many pieces sliding into place - it's a shame that this show is ending, but I'm very glad that Joss is doing his thing and trying to finish up the story best he can with the last episodes.
        There's a good chance that they're all in the can.

Comment

I think being in the Attic is what Book would have called "A special hell."

I definitely never expected to see what's his name again- let alone as a hero saving people in a shared virtual reality.

Using people as computers makes sense in a totally twisted way though- Topher was completely right that the brain has a lot of processing power in it.

DeWitt being the architect of all the craziness was unexpected- especially after her drinky drinky-ness in the previous episode! I'm so glad she's not really a corporate sellout!

I wonder what Echo meant by meeting Caroline? Like dump Caroline in with the others, or imprint someone else with the personality? And I wonder what they took from Ballard... maybe his love of Echo?
          Last edited by Amalthea; 18 December 2009, 08:06 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

These last few episodes have been really good, shame it was canned.

Comment

Yup, the past few episodes have been awesome, still can't believe they are cancelling this show while so many crappy shows are allowed to continue.

Yes i know they go by ratings but if people rather watch some mindless **** like all the realityshows then i just feel sorry for people in general for missing out on some great scripted tv
              Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
              Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I just hate the fact that its starting to feel as if Wheadon had a solid idea as to where the story was going to go from Day 1 in general terms.

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                  However, what was the guy saying? What was it that he said that the security people and the woman (Caroline) did inside the Attic?
                  I have to watch it again, but from what I understood, it's not what they did inside the attic. It is just that they found out something they weren't suppose to (i.e. Caroline saw the face of the mysterious original founder of Rossum) and so they were taken care of (the security members by being sent to the attic or Caroline by being made a doll).

Honestly, for the first half of The Attic, it was the first Dollhouse episode that I thought was not very well written--I mean, there's this random shadow guy that's just going around killing people. And things just seemed really randomly put into the attic for the sake of having a tree or Echo being little girl for 5 seconds. Once Arcane was revealed and it made sense and a lot of pieces came together, though, I really enjoyed it. I was just being impatient to have a meaningful plot.

The end with DeWitt just blew my mind, and now I'm so confused at how much she was acting, if she was against Rossum the whole time or this is a relatively new development now that she's sobered up, how long Topher, Boyd, and others have known about her plan. Given this reveal, I have no idea what was actually going on. What was she talking to Ivy about? Why was she threatening Topher? Testing his allegiances?

Also, what the heck was up with the half second flash of Mitch Pileggi? I'm thinking that he's the other original founder that Caroline knows the face of and which briefly appeared to Echo as a result.Edit: Guess it's not Mitch Pileggi. Looked like him, though. Anyways, anybody catch that little bit and find it significant?
                  Last edited by sparklegem; 19 December 2009, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I think Whedon is redoing the series finale of Angel but making it more awesome. DeWitt's betrayal was way more believable than Angel's "turn to the dark side."

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                      Also, what the heck was up with the half second flash of Mitch Pileggi? I'm thinking that he's the other original founder that Caroline knows the face of and which briefly appeared to Echo as a result.Edit: Guess it's not Mitch Pileggi. Looked like him, though. Anyways, anybody catch that little bit and find it significant?
                      The bald guy was the rapist from the first episode - the one who kidnapped one of Echo's imprints as a child or something. He also took that little girl and stuffed her in a fridge. Yeah, I thought it was Mitch Peliggi at first too...
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                        I have to watch it again, but from what I understood, it's not what they did inside the attic. It is just that they found out something they weren't suppose to (i.e. Caroline saw the face of the mysterious original founder of Rossum) and so they were taken care of (the security members by being sent to the attic or Caroline by being made a doll)[/COLOR]
                        Yeah its that bit of conversation that the Rossum founder made about security and a woman that I missed. I might rewatch it on Hulu.

Comment

Arcane (forgot his real name) said there was a woman who had "seen the faces" of some of the security people or something to that effect... and that woman was Caroline. If that's true, though, why allow her to become a doll? Why not shunt her directly into the Attic? I'm assuming that's what they did with the guy who had to "enjoy himself" (and wow, talk about taking something literally). I know the Rossum corporation is arrogant in the extreme, but if I had a security threat I wouldn't allow it to run around no matter how well I thought the brain-scrubbing had been.

Are we going to find out that Caroline is the Big Bad's daughter or something? I hope not. I hope Joss is going to be more original than that.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                            The bald guy was the rapist from the first episode - the one who kidnapped one of Echo's imprints as a child or something. He also took that little girl and stuffed her in a fridge. Yeah, I thought it was Mitch Peliggi at first too...
                            Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                              Arcane (forgot his real name) said there was a woman who had "seen the faces" of some of the security people or something to that effect... and that woman was Caroline. If that's true, though, why allow her to become a doll? Why not shunt her directly into the Attic? I'm assuming that's what they did with the guy who had to "enjoy himself" (and wow, talk about taking something literally). I know the Rossum corporation is arrogant in the extreme, but if I had a security threat I wouldn't allow it to run around no matter how well I thought the brain-scrubbing had been.

Are we going to find out that Caroline is the Big Bad's daughter or something? I hope not. I hope Joss is going to be more original than that.
                              Separating her mind from her body accomplishes the same thing and provides an opportunity for additional revenue from her being a doll. They had no way of knowing that she'd be able to retain memories/personalities.

Comment

Working...
                              X