PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 01:15 PM
Sam & Jack are house hunting.

Sam: I think there could be some damp on the ceiling.
Jack: Uh-huh. Could be a b**** to get rid of.
Sam: Let's look at something else. This is a bit ostentatious for my taste.

:p :D
((((((( Oma )))))
rlol

Sam_o_Neill
April 23rd, 2005, 01:17 PM
*Appears in a beam of light*

HI SHIPPER FAMILY!!!!!!!!!! http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/wave1.gif

I've been away since the end of Season 8 when things started to go wrong around here and i've been really busy with school work and revision for the past few weeks but SueKay has been e-mailing me recently and she's convinced me to come back to my family and say hi!!!

I haven't forgot about you all and I'm still the big Sam/Jack shipper that I was before, i'm just calmly waiting for Season 9 where we will see once and for all how far TPTB are willing to take Sam and Jack.....

anyways.....i hope everyone is keeping well!!!
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sam_o_Neill
April 23rd, 2005, 01:21 PM
Oh, I forgot to say....

HAPPY MINI SHIP DAY!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 01:33 PM
((((((((Sam O Neill))))))))

Welcome back! Perfect day to drop by :D

I have a mini-Poll for mini-Ship Day :D I've been reading an AU ff today, so that's inspired me :p

Which AU ep is your favourite and why?

sueKay
April 23rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
((((((((((((Sam o Neill))))))))))))))))

Welcome back!

Anywho...my ship project's not going well...dang!

I'll be back later with season one! :D

florence
April 23rd, 2005, 01:45 PM
Yes, I'm back ! I had to get off the shippy bus for a while cause my little niece was here and she prefered to see Barbie online site rather than GW forum (she's only 3 years old, that's probably the reason ;) )

But now I'm back, ready for mini-ship day party :D
I've seen many beautiful works : Caty's vids, gatebee's funny captions, Oma's wallpaper. Wow, there are a lot of talented people in this family ! :D

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 03:49 PM
Uff :eek: ! GW has been difficult to access for the last couple of hours....

So I've been reading some FF, I love this one it is a behind the scenes to Threads that we all know that happened :D (Just in case it is NC-17)

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/helio2/archive/9/always.html

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 04:14 PM
((((((((Sam O Neill))))))))

Welcome back! Perfect day to drop by :D

I have a mini-Poll for mini-Ship Day :D I've been reading an AU ff today, so that's inspired me :p

I loved the first one "THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD" I guess it was because of the surpise of the AU universe.... if I loved Stargate before on that ep there was no question....

I loved Daniel's reaction to AU Sam huging AU Jack, but overall it was an ep full of emotions.

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 04:29 PM

So I've been reading some FF, I love this one it is a behind the scenes to Threads that we all know that happened :D (Just in case it is NC-17)

Tell me about it :p I thought my computer was complaining cos of all the abuse its been getting today :D

Instead it's GW complaining about all the use its been getting today :p

But the Shippy Hippie bus is still going strong :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/hippiebusjack1.jpg

OK, maybe not going strong, but the view's great from where I'm sitting :D :D

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 05:46 PM
Tell me about it :p I thought my computer was complaining cos of all the abuse its been getting today :D

Yummy, my favorite view!

But it's still hell to get into GW... :(

sg-1fanintn
April 23rd, 2005, 05:55 PM
:p Did Mini-Ship Day sink Gateworld?:eek:

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 06:01 PM
Hey - I think we're up and running :D

Just read a great ff by Lunar1http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2004167/1/. Very angsty, very shippy - its a great read :) (I don't know if its our Lunar or not though)

Finally, I get to post the answer to my question :p

My fave AU ep is POV. I really liked the others and Moebius was really funny, but POV wins for me becuase of how it really throws Sam & Jack for a loop having the AU Sam there, and knowing they were married in her reality. I think it really got Jack thinking about his feelings for Sam. POV for me is the turning point for Jack when he realises that what he feels is more than just attraction. I don't think he's quite figured out yet that the loves her, but he's on the right track.

I love Jack's reaction to our Sam when they meet in the corridor outside AU Sam's room. Here's where he starts thinking about Sam and how she's coping with AU Sam's presence in the SGC. I think he's still really confused about how he feels for Sam right up until the kiss with AU Sam. That's when he realises that he cares more for Sam than he should. :D

As for Sam, I think she's so wrapped up in the science side of AU Sam's appearance and the problem of getting the generator working that she doesn't realise the implications of what's happening with Jack until he kisses AU Sam. That's when I think she starts to realise that she has feelings for Jack.

So not only do we get a fantastically angsty kiss (no2 rating in my S&J kiss list), we get all this shippy goodness too :D I really love this ep :)

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 06:04 PM
Er.... quite possibly :p

But yay! we're back, and Jack's fixed the bus,:rolleyes: so we can pick up everybody else and carry on celebrating :D

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 06:06 PM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_22_6.gif

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 06:16 PM

Just read a great ff by Lunar1http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2004167/1/. Very angsty, very shippy - its a great read :) (I don't know if its our Lunar or not though)

Finally, I get to post the answer to my question :p

My fave AU ep is POV. I really liked the others and Moebius was really funny, but POV wins for me becuase of how it really throws Sam & Jack for a loop having the AU Sam there, and knowing they were married in her reality. I think it really got Jack thinking about his feelings for Sam. POV for me is the turning point for Jack when he realises that what he feels is more than just attraction. I don't think he's quite figured out yet that the loves her, but he's on the right track.

I love Jack's reaction to our Sam when they meet in the corridor outside AU Sam's room. Here's where he starts thinking about Sam and how she's coping with AU Sam's presence in the SGC. I think he's still really confused about how he feels for Sam right up until the kiss with AU Sam. That's when he realises that he cares more for Sam than he should. :D

As for Sam, I think she's so wrapped up in the science side of AU Sam's appearance and the problem of getting the generator working that she doesn't realise the implications of what's happening with Jack until he kisses AU Sam. That's when I think she starts to realise that she has feelings for Jack.

So not only do we get a fantastically angsty kiss (no2 rating in my S&J kiss list), we get all this shippy goodness too :D I really love this ep :)
Love your anaylisis.... I think Jack was very shocked to learn that AU Jack and AU Sam where married, maybe hearing about it, opened the posibility of his feelings.

I don't remember if Daniel ever told him that his AU S/J where engaged... but hey 2/2 it most be destiny :P

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 06:25 PM
I don't know when it happened but I reached my 100 post!!!!!!

I'm a Jaffa Warrior!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_138.gif Will master Teal'C be proud of me?

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 06:33 PM

(((((((( Oma )))) wanted to give you green but have to spread the love

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 06:46 PM
Love your anaylisis.... I think Jack was very shocked to learn that AU Jack and AU Sam where married, maybe hearing about it, opened the posibility of his feelings.

I don't remember if Daniel ever told him that his AU S/J where engaged... but hey 2/2 it most be destiny :P
Yeah he did. It's right at the beginning of Politics I think (the ep after TBTGOG anyway). They're in the infirmary and .... let me find the transcript ..... its classic :D

Sam: "Alright, when you were in this alternate reality, were there differences?"

Danny: "Yes, ah, Teal'c was leading the attack on Earth, I wasnít even part of the program, you and Jack were engaged to be married." This gets their attention.

Jack: "Excuse me?"

Sam: "What? Okay, ah, even if you did, actually experience this alternate reality, doesnít the very fact, that there were differences mean that we won't face the same fate?"

Danny: "Yes, but the defining event, the death of RA, took place in both worlds.

Teal'c: "An attack of retubution."

Danny: "Yes! And the same thing is going to happen here, unless we don't stop it."

Jack: "Alright, wait a minute, let me get something straight. Engaged?"

Sam: "It is theoretically possible."

Jack: "It's against regulations."

Sam: "I'm talking physics, sir.

:D :D :D Love that bit! It's almost as good as "No, not like this!" :D :D

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 06:51 PM
I don't know when it happened but I reached my 100 post!!!!!!

I'm a Jaffa Warrior!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_5_138.gif Will master Teal'C be proud of me?

Congratulations! I passed 600 sometime today! Lots to celebrate today :p Although Gatebee's got us both well beaten :p But I will be a System Sord soon, and then all will bow to me MWUHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA:p ;) :D :rolleyes:

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 06:52 PM
Yeah he did. It's right at the beginning of Politics I think (the ep after TBTGOG anyway). They're in the infirmary and .... let me find the transcript ..... its classic :D

Sam: "Alright, when you were in this alternate reality, were there differences?"

Danny: "Yes, ah, Teal'c was leading the attack on Earth, I wasnít even part of the program, you and Jack were engaged to be married." This gets their attention.

Sam: "What? Okay, ah, even if you did, actually experience this alternate reality, doesnít the very fact, that there were differences mean that we won't face the same fate?"

Danny: "Yes, but the defining event, the death of RA, took place in both worlds.

Danny: "Yes! And the same thing is going to happen here, unless we don't stop it."

ROFLMAO.... Thanks! it reminds of why I love this show so much :D

Uber
April 23rd, 2005, 06:54 PM
In honour of sueKay and Tracey - and any shipper who shouted YES!! when Mr Spudley Duck got dumped, here's a little piccy (I don't think I've posted it before, but if I have, you get to see it again :p )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/moftime.jpg

MB - I know you like DDL, so just think of this as Pete - nice enough, but the wrong man for Sam ;)
DDL is just hot...that's all there is to it. And if I didn't KNOW Sam was supposed to be with Jack, if she really, honestly and truly loved Pete, then I would have been okay with it. ONLY UNDER THOSE CONDITIONS THOUGH...

But of course, she didn't love Pete, she was using him to have a life that she didn't think she could have with Jack, who she did (and still does, btw) LOVE.

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 06:57 PM
pic fr. rdanderson or rda-forever
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/039hol03x.jpg
Sam: You think the mini-shipper day will like it if we do this.
Jack: Ya, think!

Uber
April 23rd, 2005, 07:00 PM

Interesting how he said "It's against regulations" as opposed to "But we don't think of each other that way...besides it's against regulations..."

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 07:01 PM
Hi MB :D Want some shipper cookies?http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_4_22.gif

Cookies anyone?

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 07:08 PM
Interesting how he said "It's against regulations" as opposed to "But we don't think of each other that way...besides it's against regulations..."
That's exactly why its such a great line :p

Okay, other great lines???

MB this is just up your street :p

*runs off to dig out transcripts - whaddaya mean that's cheatin'*

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 07:12 PM
MB Happy Mini Ship Day....

I know it was pages ago, but saw Zero Hour and heard the shippy song when Jack was trying to make a decision on how to bring SG1 back,.

What I loved the most was that beg of S8, it was officially the shippy song, heard in in Heroes 2 (THE hug), Grace (THE Kiss)...., so we know of who he was thinking! ;)

Uber
April 23rd, 2005, 07:14 PM
Hi MB :D Want some shipper cookies?http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_4_22.gif

Cookies anyone?
I got a plate full right here.

Been stuffing my face every time GW has gone down today.

I now need a vat of Pepto-Bismol.

:D

Uber
April 23rd, 2005, 07:17 PM
MB Happy Mini Ship Day....

I know it was pages ago, but saw Zero Hour and heard the shippy song when Jack was trying to make a decision on how to bring SG1 back,.

What I loved the most was that beg of S8, it was officially the shippy song, heard in in Heroes 2 (THE hug), Grace (THE Kiss)...., so we know of who he was thinking! ;)
Exactly...I think I even posted something to that effect, as in why did they play that music for that scene...

Zero Hour Spoilers...

and then I answered it by deciding it was because he was thinking of how he might have screwed up as a leader to the point that Sam was missing - and thus needed to resign...

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 07:18 PM

Cookies anyone?
Pe$%rf^&*ect tim^&*ing.... (oops, sorry mouth full)

ses110
April 23rd, 2005, 07:19 PM
This is the second or third time I heard about a surprise.I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the possible surprise? I became a shipper very early on.I noticed the Chemistry right away between Sam and Jack in COTG.I was hooked during the the briefing room scene between Sam and Jack in COTG.I enjoyed the Fireworks between Sam and Jack.I do not recall if I wanted them to get together but I was looking forward to what would happen next.I think the first sign of Shippiness was in COTG and Sam and Jack were walking up the ramp and Jack said I adore you already.The episode I cannot live without is 100 days.When I first found out about the episode and Jack being stranded offworld I could not wait to see the episode because I knew we would get some great Sam angst.The scene is a tough one but I would pick the Hug from Into the Fire when Sam releases Jack from the cryo chamber.The episode I shouted Yes in is Divide and Conquer when Jack says I rather Die myself than lose Carter.I though the Sam and Jack relationship would finally take off.Boy was I wrong.

Uber
April 23rd, 2005, 07:21 PM
This is the second or third time I heard about a surprise.I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the possible surprise? I became a shipper very early on.I noticed the Chemistry right away between Sam and Jack in COTG.I was hooked during the the briefing room scene between Sam and Jack in COTG.I enjoyed the Fireworks between Sam and Jack.I do not recall if I wanted them to get together but I was looking forward to what would happen next.I think the first sign of Shippiness was in COTG and Sam and Jack were walking up the ramp and Jack said I adore you already.The episode I cannot live without is 100 days.When I first found out about the episode and Jack being stranded offworld I could not wait to see the episode because I knew we would get some great Sam angst.The scene is a tough one but I would pick the Hug from Into the Fire when Sam releases Jack from the cryo chamber.The episode I shouted Yes in is Divide and Conquer when Jack says I rather Die myself than lose Carter.I though the Sam and Jack relationship would finally take off.Boy was I wrong.
Hmm...I know of no surprise...but would love to hear a nice, juicy S/J one!

Alaskhah
April 23rd, 2005, 07:25 PM
I got a plate full right here.

Been stuffing my face every time GW has gone down today.

I now need a vat of Pepto-Bismol.

How 'bout some Shipto-Bismol? "For all those times when TPTB's make your stomach turn...there's Shipto-Bismol"

(Man, I wish I were a PhotoShop master right now! :P)

Uber
April 23rd, 2005, 07:35 PM
Shippers
1.- How did you become shippers?
2.- What was the first sign you saw of shippiness without intended to be shippy :D?
3.- What ep can you not live without?
4.- What scene can you not live without?
5.- In what ep you shouted YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As this is my 900th post, I think I'll make it special and answer these questions...

Well, the first Stargate ep I ever saw was In the Line of Duty and that was in syndication at the time (I'm a latecomer to the show)...and actually, I thought (not knowing any better) that perhaps they were setting up a Daniel/Sam scenario.

I don't know if there was a specific moment that I came to the conclusion I was a S/J shipper though...it was more of a slow progression. But I think D and C really put it over the top for me.

2.- What was the first sign you saw of shippiness without intended to be shippy :D?

I don't know if this qualifies...but I think it was one of the first indications to me about Jack having feelings for Sam was in Singularity...the way his voice softened when he tried to get her to respond.

Threads. As I've posted previously, I believe it is the culmination of the S/J arc (even the show's prequel gives that impression). It's where they both come to that watershed moment in their lives where it's fish or cut bait...PUN INTENDED. :D

I love the scene where Jack and Sam are in his office and he slowly and methodically edges up to her, pulls her tightly to him and despite her initial objections, kisses her until she melts into his embrace like there's no tomorrow.

Oh, wait. I wrote that.

The obvious answer here I think is the Divide and Conquer scene where he admits aloud that he has feelings beyond what he should...so I'll go for that right now.

The scene where I screamed NO!!!!!! had to have been Threads when Kerry interrupted Sam. Dang it! I really wanted to know exactly what she was going to say and exactly how he would have responded.

Buc252
April 23rd, 2005, 07:40 PM
Sam and Jack forever. Theyre now that I got that cleared up, let me say a few things.
1) Jack and Sam not being in SG1 is good for us shippies. Why? Coz our imaginations can go WILD!
2) Possibility of more ships - Vala/Daniel, Lexa doigs character/Mitchel etc etc
3) My interpretation of the fishing scene at the end of Threads and Mobius was that Sam and Jack were together! No one can ever take that away from me ever now!!!!!YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but one sentence in S9 and they *can* take it away from you. And I wouldn't put it past TPTB to do just that to us. How would you feel if one of Sam's first lines when she shows up is, "General O'neill and I said our goodbyes and won't be seeing each other again."

Sorry, just playing devil's advocate.

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 07:44 PM
How 'bout some Shipto-Bismol? "For all those times when TPTB's make your stomach turn...there's Shipto-Bismol"

shiptobismol....when we feel bad about TPTB not giving us our Sam and Jack ship

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 07:45 PM
Alaskhah - Was this what you had in mind?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/shipto_large.jpg

:D :D :D :D

Buc252
April 23rd, 2005, 07:49 PM
OOPS ..Little correction if you downloaded "heroe" in the last 5 minutes ..re-download because I first linked the wrong video ..I linked Hero from Chad Kroeger ..Now it's all fine ...it's the right one "Hero" ( Enrique) ;)

Caty:)

Have you ever heard the song Hero by David Crosby? Reminds me of Jack, and, yes, Mulder. <g> Here are the lyrics:

It was one of those great stories that you can't put down at night
The hero knew what he had to do and he wasn't afraid to fight
The villain goes to jail while the hero goes free
I wish it were that simple for me
And the reason that she loved him
Was the reason I loved him too
And he never wondered what was right or wrong
He just knew, he just knew
Shadow and shade mix together at dawn
But by the time you catch them simplicity's gone
So we sort through the pieces my friends and I
Searching through the darkness to find the breaks in the sky
And the reason that she loved him
Was the reason I loved him too
And he never wondered what was right or wrong
He just knew, he just knewAnd we wonder yes, we wonder
How do you make sense of this
When the hero kills the maiden
With his kiss, with his kissIt was one of those great stories that you can't put down at night
The hero knew what he had to do and he wasn't afraid to fight
The villain goes to jail while the hero goes free
I wish it were that simple for me
It were that simple for me

I guess I've always seen them as very heroic men. <g>

gatewatcher
April 23rd, 2005, 07:59 PM
Hello, all. Happy Mini ship day, I guess!!! I haven't been on much lately. When I have been, I've just been lurking and reading your thoughts. I've been reading lots of fanfiction.......sooo many talented folks out there! Zero Hour was on Fri night.....I just loved the end when Sam and Jack were talking and just being themselves......just the two of them, no one else around. Wish we could have more of that. sigh......
anyway......welcome to Lida and any other new folks out there. I'm sure I've probably missed lots of birthdays, too. Here's to Sam and Jack!!! have a great rest of the weekend!

Alaskhah
April 23rd, 2005, 08:00 PM
Alaskhah - Was this what you had in mind?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/shipto_large.jpg

:D :D :D :D

That is EXACTLY what I had in mind!!

I bow to your creative genius, Oma! :D

(green will follow as soon as they give it back to me!)

Uber
April 23rd, 2005, 08:00 PM

Ask, and you shall receive:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/shipto_large.jpg

Buc252
April 23rd, 2005, 08:01 PM
Time for another shippy question :D

What scene would you have ended with a kiss, a hug or head on shoulder?

How about "all of them"??? <g>

Okay, at least 90%.

Alaskhah
April 23rd, 2005, 08:03 PM

[CENTER]http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/shipto_large.jpgCENTER]

Thanks, I knew I was in the right place... You guys are awesome!

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 08:09 PM
MB - Great Minds ;) :D

Alaskhah
April 23rd, 2005, 08:13 PM
MB - Great Minds ;) :D

Yeah, I had to look twice, I thought for a sec that you guys had those hidden away somewhere. :P

Uber
April 23rd, 2005, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I had to look twice, I thought for a sec that you guys had those hidden away somewhere. :P
I just made mine...obviously others have theirs on file...

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 08:25 PM
Nope, I just made mine too, but yours is better - you got the text to match:p Google is great for images :p

Uber
April 23rd, 2005, 08:25 PM
Have you all seen the new pic for Avalon? I have a horrible feeling that they are trying to lessen the standard of the show to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

This was posted on the Sam's A Great Character Thread, but bears repeating here:

Fiercely protective of the show and loathe to proffer any negative thoughts about it, Tapping admits she hasn't always been so enamoured with the producers' and writers' tack regarding women on Stargate SG-1. Displaying the honestly and openness for which she is famed, Tapping begins, "Let me preface this by saying that Vanessa Angel [Anise] is a wonderful, smart woman and was tremendous to work alongside. But I am glad the character of Anise went away. One of the things which has always made me proud about our show is that for so many years we've never resorted to overtly sexual tactics to get people to watch .... I think - and the fans' reaction seemed to bear this out - that to have some of the best and most interesting story lines in our history compromised by having a woman whose body was so stunning it could stop the traffic parading around in skimpy little outfits, was somehow beneath the high standard we had set for ourselves. Vanessa Angel is a bright, intelligent actor. She would have delivered a great performance whatever they clothed her in. We've had lots of beautiful women on the show, but for different reasons. My feeling is that Anise's tiny costumes were a blatant attempt to make the show sexier. I mean, look at the stories we told in the Upgrades/Divide and Conquer arc: O'Neill and Sam finally admit their love for each other, the Tok'ra alliance is strengthened and Martouf dies. There are major things happening in these episodes and I think we sold ourselves short by adding that unnecessary element."

So what then, without Jack on base and a front and center focus on Sam/Jack, does this mean that they will start adding that "unnecessary element"? Just because Jack's not around as much they're going to over sexualize the rest of the show?

May it never be! I certainly hope that this is not even a passing thought in the minds of TPTB.

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 08:35 PM
That was the thought I had when I saw Vala's outfit. I thought, here we go, back to the scantily clad sex goddesses. I think it really lowers the tone of the show and is completely unneccessary to the story line. It's in the same vein as the Sam/Pete scene in Chimera. I have to skip that bit when the kids are watching - and I don't like watching it either. I wouldn't be overly happy watching it between Sam & Jack cos it's just not necessary. I thought the way they shot Jack / Kerry was plenty.

This sexualisation of the show also makes me concerned at letting the kids watch. I think I feel a question for Joe coming on ....

majorsal
April 23rd, 2005, 08:41 PM
Just to show you what a nutcase I am about Sam and Jack, when they auctioned off Sam's costume, from BTS, I won it, just because she had worn it, while resting on Jack's shoulder. It's the one costume I have that I keep available, just so I can touch it when I'm feeling the need for a SG-1/Shipper fix. ;)

welcome, lida! and it's *great* that you've got such a shippy costume to treasure (and touch). :D

sally :D

ses110
April 23rd, 2005, 10:04 PM
Good for AT.I also once heard AT mention she was not crazy about having every guest Star falling for Sam either.That picture is not a good sign for Season 9.I have a bad feeling once Vala is out of the picture and with Jack out of the Picure TPTB are going to use Sam to Sex up the show.Having all of Sam's Man friends return puts up the Red Flag.The more I hear about Season 9 the more I realize I will not miss watching Season 9.TPTB want to go down this Road they'll do it without me.On another note I was wondering if Anyone read the interview with Carmen Argenziano Jacob Carter.Carmen had some interesting thoughs on who he thinks Sam should be with.I know everyone is entitled to there opinion but Let me just say I'am glad Carmen is not in charge of Ship.Carmen made it sound like Jacob was not to fond of Jack.I guess I never understood the Jacob character.I also did not learn my lesson about reading interviews from the Actors.I always come away disappointed.

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 10:29 PM
TPTB can't do that. Carter is such an amazing character and to make her scifi bimbo of the galaxy is not good for the ratings. Any way I still would like to believe that TPTB will eventually give the story its proper ending Sam and Jack together.IMHO

majorsal
April 23rd, 2005, 10:37 PM
(snip)

On another note I was wondering if Anyone read the interview with Carmen Argenziano Jacob Carter.Carmen had some interesting thoughs on who he thinks Sam should be with.I know everyone is entitled to there opinion but Let me just say I'am glad Carmen is not in charge of Ship.Carmen made it sound like Jacob was not to fond of Jack.I guess I never understood the Jacob character.I also did not learn my lesson about reading interviews from the Actors.I always come away disappointed.

i'm glad carmen doesn't write for stargate either. :p

it really doesn't matter what carmen thinks is best for sam, it's what is shown on screen. carmen acted jacob the way it was written, not the way he, himself, wanted things to go for sam.

as for reading actors views on things, with stargate in mind, i think the only actor's opinion i've read that didn't bother me in some way was.... uh... still thinking.... i guess chris judge. and i'm talking strictly show/character related, because i've read a couple of things from him when he's talking personal stuff (friendships, stuff with michael) that i wished i hadn't read. but every single other actor has something that i wished i hadn't read. but they have the right to their opinions, just like us. go figure. :p

sally :)

ses110
April 23rd, 2005, 10:52 PM
Sally we Shippers have to remind ourselves not to read interviews.I keep hoping to come across something good and I get burned every time.It's just strange to have the character act one way on screen and then have the Actor say something totally different and your left scratching your Head.It feels like your watching two different Shows.

marimba26
April 23rd, 2005, 11:54 PM
Weighing in a little late...

Shippers

Uh, in the womb? If you're meaning the chronic shipper part that would be pretty much from birth lol. If you're meaning the Jack and Sam part, somewhere in Season 3, I think.

The hug in "Into the Fire" but I don't think I realized it fully until "Divide and Conquer" (I remember being blown away when Jack said he cared)

Lost City. It's everything I ever wanted from Stargate.

The hand on the ice at the end of Lost City and Jack looking at her--rips my heart out every time.

Window of Opportunity :D

melpomene
April 24th, 2005, 12:40 AM
looks like I'm not the only one not sleeping. But I have to say the scene in Fail Safe where they're getting ready to die after saving the world-again- there's scene where evrybody's swraled out getting comfortable, and Jack is lying by
Sam's feet. I don't know why that gets me, but the relaxed, confortable feeling like he wants to be near her when he dies. that breif shot gets me evry time.

sg-1fanintn
April 24th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Nope, melpomene, you're not the only shipper who is still up.....although I'll probably pack it in for the night when HGTV goes off in about 10 minutes.

I watched "Heroes, Pt. 2" tonight in syndication. Despite the obvious RCC issues, I still feel it was a powerful episode. I watched the hug between Sam and Jack back about 5 times. It should have escalated to a kiss, and a quick phone call to Pete to tell him to kiss off! But I'm not writing this stuff.....

I'm always amazed at how every nuance of Amanda's performance is just perfect.....even when scrutinized rewind after rewind. She is truly so gifted and so natural on-screen!

melpomene
April 24th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Nope, melpomene, you're not the only shipper who is still up.....although I'll probably pack it in for the night when HGTV goes off in about 10 minutes.

I watched "Heroes, Pt. 2" tonight in syndication. Despite the obvious RCC issues, I still feel it was a powerful episode. I watched the hug between Sam and Jack back about 5 times. It should have escalated to a kiss, and a quick phone call to Pete to tell him to kiss off! But I'm not writing this stuff.....

I'm always amazed at how every nuance of Amanda's performance is just perfect.....even when scrutinized rewind after rewind. She is truly so gifted and so natural on-screen!

I know, the scene is perfect! and Rick too. the way he hugs her, like he's holding her up. Every time he says "c'mere" I get chills. It's no wonder his hugs comfort her. Just watching him, you feel like nothing could ever hurt you when he's holding you. I'm not thunking here. I mean I could but honestly as an actor. the man can make me feel anything without hardly moving. there's so much power in his very energy. One brush at a tear does more for me than all Daniel's emotional breakdowns.

sg-1fanintn
April 24th, 2005, 01:03 AM
He's really the king of underplay, isn't he? And I agree. When he's around, you feel like nothing too bad could happen. If it did, you're also confident he could take care of it. Don't you think that's how Sam feels too?

I guess that's at the root of the reason why we have all the angst we have right now! Sigh.....Rick, come back!!!!!

melpomene
April 24th, 2005, 01:22 AM
Sam without Jack,Jack without Sam...I can't imagine it. One or both of them would lose it, probably both. Man, if I was Sam, to have someone like that, someone who held me like that, someone who could sense when I needed a hug. A man like that who holds on as long as you need him to and doesn't let you go. I don't know how she could ever stand being without him after that.

florence
April 24th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Argh ! I can't believe GW did this for our mini ship day :eek:
Last night (at least for me, it was night or late evening ;) ), I couldn't access to GW anymore :(

Anyway, here's what I wanted to post :

Happy belated mini Shipper day everyone ! :D
I told I would bring fics. Since nobody told if they wanted something special, Iíll just give you my favorite fics (some of them actually cause there are so many that Iíve not read yet, Iím sure I will find other great fics along my way).

First, the best of the best (at least for me) : Sally Reeve. Iíve not read all of her stories yet but sheís definitely my favorite author. Her site is here : http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/
And this is some of her fics Iíve loved :
Future Imperfect
Moving On
Second Chance
And if you havenít read her book ĎA Matter of Honorí (written under name of Sally Malcolm), well you should cause itís really a great book :D

Here are some funny shipfics :
What a way to know by Athenari : http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/5/whata.html
Once Upon A Time by Sarah L Smith : http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/chezzascorner/fic/fic-sls/sls-out.htm
Fooling Around by Cheeza : http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/chezzascorner/fic/fic-cg/fa.htm
Hiccups by Dr Sarah Fraiser Jackson : http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/5/hiccups.html
The Fic in which Thor blows up Earth by Floopygirl : http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/9/thefic.html
Insomnia by Sam23 : http://www.samcole.de/insomnia.html
The Things I Do For My Planet by Suz : http://suzvoy.tripod.com/sj/ido.html

This week, we were talking about Beneath the Surface so it made me look for fics dealing with this episode. This is what Iíve found :
Thyself, Unknown by Miss AnnThropic : http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/10/thyselfunknown.html
Beneath All Ignorance by Bianca Ziller : http://sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/71/beneathall.html
Beneath the Surface by Denna : http://sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/66/beneaththe.html

And finally, some other fics that I really love :
When Tomorrow comes by DustDevil : http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sjarchive4/ddwhentomorrowcomes.html
What Fate Decrees by Jackie OíNeill Nut : http://www.shahrazad.net/~sgnovels/storiesw/whatfatedecrees.txt
Fine With It by Miss AnnThropic : http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/10/finewith.html
Taps by Gail R. Delaney : http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/4/taps.html
Skipped Stones by Tere C : http://www.geocities.com/tcampbsoup/skipped_stones.html
Sheís my baby by DustDevil : http://www.samandjack.net/stories/sjarchive4/ddshesmybaby.html
Not In Kansas Anymore by Melyanna : http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1982620/1/
This one is the latest I've read. If youĎve not read it yet, run for it ! ItĎs really a great fic ! :D

Someone else wants to share their favorite fics ? :)

Catysg1
April 24th, 2005, 05:06 AM
Gatebee, I have the DVD and I'm looking in my computer to see what can I do, I have a Windows Movie Maker.

TBH, I have absoulutly no idea what to do, but if it doesn't work out, we can do it the old fashion way... I can mail you the DVD :D

If you have any ideas, let me know.... :p

Mala has got some behind the scene pics on her website :)

http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/RDAATCaps.htm

ohshocking
April 24th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Happy belated mini Shipper day everyone ! :D
I told I would bring fics. Since nobody told if they wanted something special, Iíll just give you my favorite fics (some of them actually cause there are so many that Iíve not read yet, Iím sure I will find other great fics along my way).
Wow, that's quite a list! Thank you for all these! I haven't read any Sam/Jack fic in a while, but am now looking forward to reading these recs :)

Catysg1
April 24th, 2005, 05:13 AM
Ditto!!!! Loved Heroe - and that's the clip sequence I can't place either :confused: Jack strokes Sam's cheek and hair so tenderly - almost made me squee :eek: :D

Thank you guys :) Oh that scene is just a manip I made ..I love to use it if I cut it at the right moment ...it's not supposed to be Jack but Jacob ..I took Jacob off ....and replaced him with Jack ...to make it look like it's Jack stroking Sam's cheek :) Good ..hey :)My little video fiction scene ..I like doing things like that If I can

ohshocking
April 24th, 2005, 05:33 AM
Thank you guys :) Oh that scene is just a mnip I made ..I love to use it if I cut it at the right moment ...it's not supposed to be Jack but Jacob ..I took Jacob off ....and replaced him with Jack ...to make it look like it's Jack stroking Sam's cheek :) Good ..hey :)My little video fiction scene ..I like doing things like that If I can

Wow, that's supposed to be her dad? That's really well done, Caty! :) But thanks for explaining it, I thought I'd missed a majorly shippy moment and was racking my brain to figure out where 'twas from!

girlgater
April 24th, 2005, 05:53 AM
Hi Everybody!

I cannot believe I missed mini-ship day because of work (I was called in) and after I returned home my ISP was down until this morning!

Anyway...I'm almost caught up on the posts that I missed and I must say the following:

(((((Caty))))) Great videos
(((((Uber))))) Thanks for the Shipto Bismol
(((((Lida)))))) Welcome!
(((((LOL4JACK))))) Thanks for the great questions
(((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))))))))))

Although I couldn't be here, it's great to look back and enjoy everyone's posts.

Keeping the faith for S9! :)

Lunar
April 24th, 2005, 08:00 AM

Yep, that's mine. Glad you like it. ;)

gatebee
April 24th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Mala has got some behind the scene pics on her website :)

http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/RDAATCaps.htm

Thanks Caty. I guess the one like most in those pics in Mala site is RDA sticking his tong out and fooling around with AT. But the more heart warming one is when RDA's back is all we see and AT's face about ready to kiss him.....oh so shippy...why can't TPTB put that kind of emotion on the screen more often.

gatebee
April 24th, 2005, 08:09 AM
((((((( Florence ))))))))))
wow that is alot of fanfic . I have read a couple of them. Thanks for posting your fav....have alot of reading to do.

LOL4JACK
April 24th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Thanks Caty. I guess the one like most in those pics in Mala site is RDA sticking his tong out and fooling around with AT. But the more heart warming one is when RDA's back is all we see and AT's face about ready to kiss him.....oh so shippy...why can't TPTB put that kind of emotion on the screen more often.
THey are great caps, the one where RDA is sticking his tongue out, is the joke he played on her, the scene goes like this:

The scene is from Death Knell, when Sam lays her head on Jacks shoulder, in the BTS
- AT lays her head on RDA's shoulder
- RDA turns his head and kisses her in the forehad
- AT looks up at him and is going to kiss him, RDA sticks his tongue out.
- He laughs at her and sticks his tongue out again.....

Pity the scene didn't make it :D :D :D

gatebee
April 24th, 2005, 09:22 AM
THey are great caps, the one where RDA is sticking his tongue out, is the joke he played on her, the scene goes like this:

The scene is from Death Knell, when Sam lays her head on Jacks shoulder, in the BTS

Sam was suppose to kiss Jack at Death Knell

melpomene
April 24th, 2005, 09:58 AM

the man is SUCH a goof off. I love that. Seriously the kiss should have made it. But I think it was sadder the way it ended. In a achely unfullfilled romantic saddnes of the way he had his arm around her. It probably did fit the tone of the ep better. Now Lost City, cutting THAT kiss was inexcusable (sigh)

sueKay
April 24th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Hello!!!!!!!

I got booted off of GW and I've only just managed to find some free time!

I'm still working on some things to wish you all a belated mini-ship day, but for now...

PLEASE READ MY FANFICS!!!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/~suekay04

There's also some really good fics here run by yours densely :D
http://s10.invisionfree.com/Intel_Fanfiction

We've got a few authors...I recommend Mara Jade, Jo R and the truely wonderful Seanait!

LOL4JACK
April 24th, 2005, 12:27 PM
the man is SUCH a goof off. I love that. Seriously the kiss should have made it. But I think it was sadder the way it ended. In a achely unfullfilled romantic saddnes of the way he had his arm around her. It probably did fit the tone of the ep better. Now Lost City, cutting THAT kiss was inexcusable (sigh)
IMHO I think the kiss in the forehead was maybe intended, not the other one :D, but they don't say anything.

AT said in the DVD comentaries that she initially didn't like that scene, because there she was surviving and making it on her own and there comes a man and she just turns to him for comfort!!!! After proving she could handle the situation herself she had turned all girlie girl and that was not fair for Sam.

But at the end she came to peace with it, because they where friends and even if she would not have been a women, he would have done the same thing, so I guess she wanted it to be the less shippy she could.

I also heard the comentaries in Lost City and that heartbreaking moment, WAS SCRIPTED AND INTENDED AS A KISS, but of course they thought it was the last episode ever...

Our poor hurt shippy souls.... :(

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 24th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Hey!((((shipper family))))I have a question.Is there shippyness in Heroes part 2? I'm gonna watch it tonight for the first time and I don't know if there is any shippyness.Is there?

ps to suekay:I love your fanfics, suekay. Please add more to the Doctor's Hell soon! And happy belated mini-ship day to you too!

LOL4JACK
April 24th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Hey!((((shipper family))))I have a question.Is there shippyness in Heroes part 2? I'm gonna watch it tonight for the first time and I don't know if there is any shippyness.Is there?

ps to suekay:I love your fanfics, suekay. Please add more to the Doctor's Hell soon! And happy belated mini-ship day to you too!
Hello Sierra Gulf... be ready for a shippy ride :) I can only tell you not to spoil the moment that there is a scene that makes most of Cathy's videos :D :D:D

sueKay
April 24th, 2005, 12:37 PM
((((sierra gulf)))) (can I call you that?)

Thank you!!!!

I will update The Doctor's Hell as soon as my muse allows it...

I'm gonna be doing more work on my Threads tie in, then I'm going to finish the first part of The Third Race which is currently on chapter 12...both are shippy :D

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 24th, 2005, 12:37 PM
there was a kiss intended for that ep? (I am so ignorant sometimes...) I haven't seen it yet :( but I'll look out for it when I do!
[the thing is: I started watching stargate last August and I've seen every ep from season's 1-6 & 8 but I've only seen until Heroes part 1 in season 7 so I'm kind of depressed I haven't seen Lost City...But hey, only a few more weeks till I see it in syndication!]

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 24th, 2005, 12:38 PM
((((sierra gulf)))) (can I call you that?)

Thank you!!!!

I will update The Doctor's Hell as soon as my muse allows it...

I'm gonna be doing more work on my Threads tie in, then I'm going to finish the first part of The Third Race which is currently on chapter 12...both are shippy :D
sure you can call me that. the shipper fam can call me what ever they want!

florence
April 24th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Wow, that's quite a list! Thank you for all these! I haven't read any Sam/Jack fic in a while, but am now looking forward to reading these recs :)

You're welcome :)
Be sure to have a lot of free time cause many of this list are very long (but I love to have a good novel-length fic to read before sleeping :) )

florence
April 24th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Hello!!!!!!!

I got booted off of GW and I've only just managed to find some free time!

I'm still working on some things to wish you all a belated mini-ship day, but for now...

PLEASE READ MY FANFICS!!!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/~suekay04

There's also some really good fics here run by yours densely :D
http://s10.invisionfree.com/Intel_Fanfiction

We've got a few authors...I recommend Mara Jade, Jo R and the truely wonderful Seanait!

(((sueKay)))
In my list of fav fics, I wanted to add yours and fics written by all the ship family members but I was sure I would have forgotten someone. So I preferred to name noone :o
But your fics are great :D
Are you working on the next chapter of The Third Race ? ;)

ETA : Sorry, I've just read your post where you're answering my question :)

Catysg1
April 24th, 2005, 03:11 PM
there was a kiss intended for that ep? (I am so ignorant sometimes...) I haven't seen it yet :( but I'll look out for it when I do!
[the thing is: I started watching stargate last August and I've seen every ep from season's 1-6 & 8 but I've only seen until Heroes part 1 in season 7 so I'm kind of depressed I haven't seen Lost City...But hey, only a few more weeks till I see it in syndication!]

((((sierragulf_gurl_23))))If you watch the video "heroe " Enrique Iglesias for example ...and other ones like Love is all , my baby ..you ect ..in my website ( ask me if you want the password to access it) well you 'll see that scene from Heroes 2 where Jack slowly walks towards Sam in one of the rest rooms of the infirmary ..They are alone and the door is shut ...Sam is kind of crying and Jack moves towards her ( she stands in the middle of the room crying ), he looks at ther lips and says "Come Here" and they hug ....then he buries his head in her neck ..and guess what you like from that moment :)

marimba26
April 24th, 2005, 05:29 PM

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/shipto_large.jpg

ROFLMAO!!!! Shipto-bismol--what a great idea! And I love that you've included the giant size bottle--maybe it will even cure Season 8 malaise! :D

marimba26
April 24th, 2005, 05:36 PM

There but for the Grace of God

Why? You're going to think this is silly but I really hate that wig from Point of View. Plus I like it that they're actually together in TbftGoG, they're not in PoV.

marimba26
April 24th, 2005, 05:38 PM

Oh, I read this one--it's absolutely lovely! If you like this one and you get the chance, check out "Twilight" by her bc it's really good too! :D

marimba26
April 24th, 2005, 06:16 PM
This was posted on the Sam's A Great Character Thread, but bears repeating here:

Fiercely protective of the show and loathe to proffer any negative thoughts about it, Tapping admits she hasn't always been so enamoured with the producers' and writers' tack regarding women on Stargate SG-1. Displaying the honestly and openness for which she is famed, Tapping begins, "Let me preface this by saying that Vanessa Angel [Anise] is a wonderful, smart woman and was tremendous to work alongside. But I am glad the character of Anise went away. One of the things which has always made me proud about our show is that for so many years we've never resorted to overtly sexual tactics to get people to watch .... I think - and the fans' reaction seemed to bear this out - that to have some of the best and most interesting story lines in our history compromised by having a woman whose body was so stunning it could stop the traffic parading around in skimpy little outfits, was somehow beneath the high standard we had set for ourselves. Vanessa Angel is a bright, intelligent actor. She would have delivered a great performance whatever they clothed her in. We've had lots of beautiful women on the show, but for different reasons. My feeling is that Anise's tiny costumes were a blatant attempt to make the show sexier. I mean, look at the stories we told in the Upgrades/Divide and Conquer arc: O'Neill and Sam finally admit their love for each other, the Tok'ra alliance is strengthened and Martouf dies. There are major things happening in these episodes and I think we sold ourselves short by adding that unnecessary element."

So what then, without Jack on base and a front and center focus on Sam/Jack, does this mean that they will start adding that "unnecessary element"? Just because Jack's not around as much they're going to over sexualize the rest of the show?

May it never be! I certainly hope that this is not even a passing thought in the minds of TPTB.

Thanks for posting this. It's easy to forget sometimes that Sam was the only female character on the show for quite a while. Sometimes I feel for Amanda, having to deal with a PTB that is entirely male. Every time I hear them say that their demographic is 18 to 24 year-old males, I cringe because while that is part of their demographic, it's not the whole thing. I also think it is an excuse to sex things up, which I don't like. Poor Amanda even falls victim to it sometimes (need I remind anyone of Sam in leather and spike heels for Covenant?). I love Sam but I've always liked her tough and smart--a girl who doesn't have to wear slinky outfits to prove herself.

As for Vala, I like Claudia Black. I loved her as Aeryn Sun--sexy outfits and all. I always thought of Aeryn as tough and sexy at the same time (I want to be Aeryn Sun when I grow up but then again I want to be Kara Thrace too :D)--but she was established that way from a very early point in the series. However, they also established Aeryn as a tough no-nonsense woman who was Crichton's equal in every way (she even had opportunity to teach Crichton quite a bit ;) ) Personally, I was hoping that they'd skip the sexy outfits with Vala bc Claudia is a wonderful actress and I'd hate to have that clouded by sex. I'd hate to see them use this character as eye-candy. Just MHO, of course.

LOL4JACK
April 24th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Oh, I read this one--it's absolutely lovely! If you like this one and you get the chance, check out "Twilight" by her bc it's really good too! :D
Thanks Marimbma, I've started but haven't been able to finish it.... so far, I'm loving it.

PS: Regarding AU Sam's hair in PoV, I tooooootally agree with you :D

Uber
April 24th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Isn't there an episode where Jack invites Sam to go fishing and she says something like "why do you keep asking me?"

I seem to recall something like that but I don't know from where...

melpomene
April 24th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Isn't there an episode where Jack invites Sam to go fishing and she says something like "why do you keep asking me?"

I seem to recall something like that but I don't know from where...

the only thing that comed to mind for me is in "Sight Unseen" when she says something like "We both know you only asked me because you knew I had something to do"

Gatetrixer
April 24th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Good for AT.I also once heard AT mention she was not crazy about having every guest Star falling for Sam either.That picture is not a good sign for Season 9.I have a bad feeling once Vala is out of the picture and with Jack out of the Picure TPTB are going to use Sam to Sex up the show.Having all of Sam's Man friends return puts up the Red Flag.The more I hear about Season 9 the more I realize I will not miss watching Season 9.TPTB want to go down this Road they'll do it without me.On another note I was wondering if Anyone read the interview with Carmen Argenziano Jacob Carter.Carmen had some interesting thoughs on who he thinks Sam should be with.I know everyone is entitled to there opinion but Let me just say I'am glad Carmen is not in charge of Ship.Carmen made it sound like Jacob was not to fond of Jack.I guess I never understood the Jacob character.I also did not learn my lesson about reading interviews from the Actors.I always come away disappointed.

I missed yesterday because of my computer acting up. Just wanted to say snarkily that if they bring back Sam's admirers, don't forget sweet young Graham Simmons and Turghan, the Mongol chief.(Gee, he even got a kiss, or rather forced a kiss on her). And why not the guy leering at her in Prisoners and the men in Heroes who made some sort of admiring remark about her (I think the cameramen). Did I forget any others?

majorsal
April 24th, 2005, 09:48 PM
looks like I'm not the only one not sleeping. But I have to say the scene in Fail Safe where they're getting ready to die after saving the world-again- there's scene where evrybody's swraled out getting comfortable, and Jack is lying by
Sam's feet. I don't know why that gets me, but the relaxed, confortable feeling like he wants to be near her when he dies. that breif shot gets me evry time.

i remember that scene. i loved it. *warm, shippy sigh* do you happen to have a screen cap to go with that scene? *hint, hint*

majorsal
April 24th, 2005, 09:56 PM
spoilers for s7's heroes 2

(snip)

oh, yes, that moment between them was *wonderful*! the way amanda played it, with every bit of heart and soul... it goes on my fave sam/amanda moments, besides my fave sam/jack moments.

melpomene
April 24th, 2005, 09:58 PM
i remember that scene. i loved it. *warm, shippy sigh* do you happen to have a screen cap to go with that scene? *hint, hint*

Sorry no screen caps. but if find one I'll try to let you know.

melpomene
April 24th, 2005, 10:10 PM
okay majorsal I did a quick check and On www.stargatefan.com episode guide Fail Safe screencaps they have one frame of so-so quality. but it's something. and you can really see how close he is to her feet.

majorsal
April 24th, 2005, 10:44 PM
I missed yesterday because of my computer acting up. Just wanted to say snarkily that if they bring back Sam's admirers, don't forget sweet young Graham Simmons and Turghan, the Mongol chief.(Gee, he even got a kiss, or rather forced a kiss on her). And why not the guy leering at her in Prisoners and the men in Heroes who made some sort of admiring remark about her (I think the cameramen). Did I forget any others?

yeah, the big, burly guy (Jarlath) from space race. :p

sueKay
April 25th, 2005, 01:15 AM
Good morning shippers!

My computer temporarily died last night, but I'm in school!

We need to open a shipper corner shop. Hmm

It would have to sell

Shipper Cookies
Dr Shipper
Shipto Bismal
MG and KGs concoctions
Shippy DVDs
Caty and Marimba's videos

As well as that, it would have

an adopt a penguin scheme
a loyalty scheme (ie. money off things) for regular customers
shipper apparel from Ship sistah
and would run day trips to the happy place and the harbour :D

(where's token and her map when you need it?)

girlgater
April 25th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Good morning/evening everybody!

I was watching my S7 DVD's last night and I couldn't help but notice a great shippy scene between Sam/Jack. It was in Evolution (Part2) where they both have to go off on their respective missions. I got the distinct feeling that Jack wanted to tell Sam to be careful and she wanted to tell him to be careful, but neither one did. It was such an unspoken moment--like so many of their "moments"--all the unspoken words had to be in the looks they gave each other. Wonder what they really wanted to say besides "be careful." :)

I also watched Birthright and couldn't help but laugh at how flustered Sam got when trying to explain her relationship with Jack to the Jaffa warrior. (Sam worrying that the woman thought their relationship was more than professional.) ;)

I wasn't sure if I need spoiler tags or not, so I included them anyway. Have a great day everybody.

ohshocking
April 25th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Good morning/evening everybody!

I was watching my S7 DVD's last night and I couldn't help but notice a great shippy scene between Sam/Jack. It was in Evolution (Part2) where they both have to go off on their respective missions. I got the distinct feeling that Jack wanted to tell Sam to be careful and she wanted to tell him to be careful, but neither one did. It was such an unspoken moment--like so many of their "moments"--all the unspoken words had to be in the looks they gave each other. Wonder what they really wanted to say besides "be careful." :)

I also watched Birthright and couldn't help but laugh at how flustered Sam got when trying to explain her relationship with Jack to the Jaffa warrior. (Sam worrying that the woman thought their relationship was more than professional.) ;)

I'll use spoiler tags too, just in case :) But I completely agree :) In Evo 2, I love their little moment, with the intense looks. And at the end of that episode (I think it's still this ep) when they're smiling and looking at each other and Jack asks her to go to lunch ;)

Also, I love that conversation between Sam and the female Jaffa in Birthright, it's so amusing how Sam gets when trying to explain her complex relationship with Jack, and she thinks the Jaffa has the wrong end of the stick, and then it turns out she was talking about 'respect'.

sueKay
April 25th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Has GW been down...It's early evening, and there's only been two posts since I posted in the morning?????

My shipper project's had a set-back...dang it :(

eye of botox
April 25th, 2005, 09:52 AM
hey everybody, It's been a while.

I've been gone and you guys go and get our own subforum for shipping thunking and all sorts of other -ings.

Woohoo.

other than that, I got nothin'.

sueKay
April 25th, 2005, 09:57 AM
(((((((((EoB)))))))))

How are the awards going???????

((((((((((((have another hug))))))))))))))

I much prefer this format...that way a lot of the antis stay away :P

<jk>

gatebee
April 25th, 2005, 10:10 AM
((((((((( SueKay ))))))))
ya it has been rather quiet here since our mini-shippers day. And with Sam and Jack at different places in S9 it is hard.

melpomene
April 25th, 2005, 10:34 AM
In different places(sob) but they are linked to each other in a way that cannot be broken. As much as we critisize TPTB I beleive they have proven this over and over. They always get together in Alt.reality's, every relationship either of them ever tries fails...I think TPTB know this, I beleive Sam and Jack are realizing this. I beleive they cannot be apart forever.

girlgater
April 25th, 2005, 10:42 AM
Has GW been down...It's early evening, and there's only been two posts since I posted in the morning?????

My shipper project's had a set-back...dang it :(

Yes, it was down for a while this morning...the old "server too busy" message and "error with database." But, even before that started things were quiet.

I agree with melpomene, Jack and Sam are together--somewhere. I can't give up hope that TPTB will give us shippers something we can sink our teeth into during S9--a resolution of some sorts. Still, I'm holding out for the big honkin' kiss! :D

sg-1fanintn
April 25th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Speaking of Jack and Sam being together, I am home today (I have a bug; nothing serious), and decided to watch the "shippy" scenes from "Threads" and "Moebius 2" again. I have a couple of new observations:

1. In the infirmary scene in "Threads," notice how Sam's facial expression and body language change slightly when Jack enters the observation room. She stiffens ever so slightly, and gets a sour look on her face.....but he doesn't see it. Remember, the last time she saw him before this was at his house, when she found out he was dating Kerry. I think this little bit of stage business addresses that.

2. Notice also how when he sits down, their body language begins to mirror each other. They hold their hands and shoulders the same way. I have seen them do that a lot. I think it's symbolic of their togetherness, oneness.

3. After he puts her arm around her, she thanks him for being there. Notice she looks and sounds a little formal when she does that. Again, she thinks he's still seeing Kerry. After all, it's only been a couple of hours! She doesn't realize anything has changed since she left his house!

4. When he says, "Always," notice how her facial expression changes. It's a look of recognition. Then, they exchange "that look," right before she's called in to see Jacob. Darn! We needed a few more seconds there for something else to transpire! Not a kiss (inappropriate in the situation), but maybe another word or two, like,

SAM: "But what about....."

JACK: "Over......"

SAM: "But why?"

JACK: "You know why....."

But of course, we didn't get that! And I still wish we could have seen that deleted scene between Jack and Jacob! Do you think it will be in the S8 DVD box set?

Finally, several people have made comments about what Sam said to Jack as they were fishing at the end of both episodes. I noticed a difference (besides the fish) this morning. In the "Threads" episode, she says:

SAM: "We should have done this years ago....."

In "Moebius2", she says:

SAM: "We should have done it years ago....."

All of these nuances are just tribute to AT's tremendous ability to convey Sam's emotions.

Any comments? Or do I just have too much time on my hands today?

gatebee
April 25th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Speaking of Jack and Sam being together, I am home today (I have a bug; nothing serious), and decided to watch the "shippy" scenes from "Threads" and "Moebius 2" again. I have a couple of new observations:

1. In the infirmary scene in "Threads," notice how Sam's facial expression and body language change slightly when Jack enters the observation room. She stiffens ever so slightly, and gets a sour look on her face.....but he doesn't see it. Remember, the last time she saw him before this was at his house, when she found out he was dating Kerry. I think this little bit of stage business addresses that.

2. Notice also how when he sits down, their body language begins to mirror each other. They hold their hands and shoulders the same way. I have seen them do that a lot. I think it's a symbolic sign of togetherness, oneness.

3. After he puts her arm around her, she thanks him for being there. Notice she looks and sounds a little formal when she does that. Again, she thinks he's still seeing Kerry. After all, it's only been a couple of hours! She doesn't realize anything has changed since she left his house!

4. When he says, "Always," notice how her facial expression changes. It's a look of recognition. Then, they exchange "that look," right before she's called in to see Jacob. Darn! We needed a few more seconds there for something else to transpire! Not a kiss (inappropriate in the situation), but maybe another word or two, like,

But of course, we didn't get that! And I still wish we could have seen that deleted scene between Jack and Jacob! Do you think it will be in the S8 DVD box set?

Finally, several people have made comments about what Sam said to Jack as they were fishing at the end of both episodes. I noticed a difference (besides the fish) this morning. In the "Threads" episode, she says:

SAM: "We should have done this years ago....."

In "Moebius2", she says:

SAM: "We should have done it years ago....."

wow did not notice the "this" and "it". Will have to look at it again.

melpomene
April 25th, 2005, 11:05 AM
Yes, it was down for a while this morning...the old "server too busy" message and "error with database." But, even before that started things were quiet.

I agree with melpomene, Jack and Sam are together--somewhere. I can't give up hope that TPTB will give us shippers something we can sink our teeth into during S9--a resolution of some sorts. Still, I'm holding out for the big honkin' kiss! :D

Yeah when you think about all that liplock we've seen and only one of them actually happened in this reality between the sam and jack from this reality and only Jack remembers it...it's frustrating is what it is.

sueKay
April 25th, 2005, 11:19 AM
I too noticed the 'this' and 'it' thing...but I kept forgetting!

So here's what I think

Threads

We should have done this years ago = we should have gone fishing together years ago

Moebius

We should have done it years ago = we should have had HWMS years ago

Hee hee! :D

girlgater
April 25th, 2005, 11:27 AM
I've missed the "this" and "it"! I've got to go back and watch again.

By the way, I've lived a sheltered life apparently, what is HWMS ? :rolleyes:

Kri
April 25th, 2005, 11:32 AM

So here's what I think

Threads

We should have done this years ago = we should have gone fishing together years ago

Moebius

ROTF! I forgot about the term HWMS! :D

sueKay
April 25th, 2005, 12:17 PM
HWMS - view this at your own disgression...seriously! Hot Wild Monkey Sex

Apparently they don't bother abbreviating it at Sci Fi BBoards.... :eek:

girlgater
April 25th, 2005, 12:24 PM
HWMS - view this at your own disgression...seriously! Hot Wild Monkey Sex

Apparently they don't bother abbreviating it at Sci Fi BBoards.... :eek:

I cannot believe that! ROFL!!! :D :eek:

gatebee
April 25th, 2005, 12:31 PM

So here's what I think

Threads

Moebius

Sam and Jack doingITI totally agree. Jack after all did say she had to pack. And Teal'c and Daniel came days later when they were invited to go fish.

sueKay
April 25th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Hee hee hee

They've done the deed...no going back now!!!!!

Lucky Sam

*grumbles*

Jack/Suekay ship anyone :P:D

Rogue
April 25th, 2005, 12:36 PM

So here's what I think

Threads

Moebius

I agree with SueKay, I took "it" as meaning they finally did the wild thing.

sueKay
April 25th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Hey...if my 'this' and 'it' theory's right...

Then we all have something to thank Moebius for!

Rogue
April 25th, 2005, 01:03 PM
I hope the mini-shipper day was a success. Sorry I couldn't participate, Saturday was a real busy day for me. Besides the mash potatoes and the usual bottles I found in the back, the shipper bus was fairly clean.

gatebee
April 25th, 2005, 01:29 PM
I hope the mini-shipper day was a success. Sorry I couldn't participate, Saturday was a real busy day for me. Besides the mash potatoes and the usual bottles I found in the back, the shipper bus was fairly clean.
((((((( Rogue ))))))) shippy bus was good...pick me up when I put my hand up...thanks you

florence
April 25th, 2005, 01:48 PM
(where's token and her map when you need it?)
Well, I'm not Token but I think I can help you :)

http://home.earthlink.net/~rdapix2/ShipperTown.htm

lonely_star
April 25th, 2005, 01:49 PM
wow ! I finaly caught up 15 pages !!
sorry I missed the shippie bus... :rolleyes:
did you guys save me some popcorn and shippy cookies???

(((((Caty))))) Great videos
(((((Uber))))) Thanks for the Shipto Bismol
(((((LOL4JACK))))) Thanks for the great questions
(((((Florence))))) thanks for the fics!
(((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))))))))))

hope you all had a good mini ship day and I'm looking forward the big one in july !! hope i'll be there this time and won't have to spend my whole week end shooting my documentary !

oh I almost forgot ! WELCOME LIDA !! have you tried Amanda's pyjamas?? I'd love to see a pitcure of you wearing it !! would be so cool !!! but i'm so jealous!! :D

about the questions :
1) how did I become a shipper...no idea I think the ship is "entered" in me gradually and I didn't pay attention at it first cause I began to watch stargate from the beginning and then things became clearer just as it did with sam and jack !! ;) and now...no return point !! ;)

2) episode I can't live without... well everybody said WoO so I'll say something else... I think threads because we had our potatoe head dumped and they finally accept each other and their feelings...don't want to think what things could be without this episode !!!!!!!

3) scene can't live without... well once again Divide and Conquer of course ;) but Heroes2 is so cool...this hug is one of my fav shippy moments, the looks, the fact that he's present for her, that's she's worried and that's so angsty and his head in his neck and...well great ;)

4) YES !!!! well I think it was more like :eek: :eek: WOW !!!! :eek: :eek: AWESOME!!! (but in the french version of course ;) ) probably the WoO kiss and the divide and conquer declaration but it was more like IT'S ABOUT TIME !! :D :D

glad to be here again !! and to have time to write and read you! :)

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 02:54 PM

TN (can I call you that? ;) ) I'm glad you had too much time on your hands today! I hadn't noticed Sam's initial reaction to Jack in the infirmary scene. I think I was too busy being horrified tptb were killing Jacob off, or anticipating the always moment. I'm gonna watch that clip again and come back to ya :)

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Ya, Tense. Initially I'd just put that down to worry for Jacob, but re-watching it again, she definitely tensed up when Jack came in. So my vote goes for your explanation ;)

As for Moebius, I'd noticed it, but my naieve and completly innocent mind put the "this" "it" down to chaos theory. *innocent smile* *coughhwmscough* :D

I think another big indicator of the change in their relationship from Threads to M2 was in Sam's lab - when Jack picks up the box and says "you've got packing to do" that look is definitely suggestive. I mean, they had *lots* more time after Threads this time around cos they didn't have a mission to the past to plan. I'm sure they used that time effectively :D

The only thing I'm still disappointed in (I've come to terms with the other things :rolleyes: ) is that for 8 long years the regs has been the problem standing in the way. That problem wasn't resolved before the *improvement* ;) in their relationship.

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Yeah when you think about all that liplock we've seen and only one of them actually happened in this reality between the sam and jack from this reality and only Jack remembers it...it's frustrating is what it is.
Agreed. :mad: :(

At some point before the end of SG1 we really need to see a real S/J kiss. Resolution is all well and good, but after 8 years it needs to be acknowledged.

If we don't get it, well, ptb - beware! Cos one day you might just receive an odd shaped package in the post (hand delivered by Penguins :D ) ... being the extended dvd version of all shippy moments from all seasons. When they place the dvd in the machine, it will start with

dun dun dun de dun dun, dun dun dun de dun dun, de deeee de de dun (Mission Impossible theme :D )

"Your mission, should you choose to accept, will be to show a big honkin' kiss between Sam and Jack, in this reality, with no alien intervention, with both parties being completely compus mentis and really enjoying it. If you do not accept this dvd will not self-destruct in 5 seconds ..... but reprogramme your machine to only play shippy bits" :eek: :D

girlgater
April 25th, 2005, 03:47 PM

I love shipper town! :)

sg-1fanintn
April 25th, 2005, 03:50 PM
It could also be that while shooting the two different takes of the scene at the lake cabin (They had to shoot it twice to accomodate the "Moebius 2" discussion of the now-present fish), Amanda just accidentally said "it" instead of "this," and that no one there thought it mattered. I'm not really sure I even read anything into the different wording, although I'm the one who initially pointed it out. I just thought it was worth mentioning.

I'm certain of the other things I pointed out in my earlier post, though, and of their significance.

And Oma-1.....as to officially removing the "regs" as an issue, I'm still hoping that will be resolved in flashback when Jack resigns his command to go to Homeworld Security in Ep 1 or 3 of S9. Remember, we don't know for sure whether Rick and Amanda did a little extra filming before S8 wrapped. There have been persistent rumors! If they did, that could be used in early S9.

And, no, even if they DID shoot extra film before S8 wrapped, I don't expect it to be mentioned in anything we're going to read before the new season starts in July! That's how they make sure the shippers are all in front of their TVs on premiere night!!!!!

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 03:52 PM
OK. Own up. Who left the mash? Do you have any idea how difficult that is to get out of the upholstery? :mad: Your punishment is to watch Chimera 20 times! :eek: :D :p

*Honestly, you'd think people would have more sense than to use packet mash as a substitute for snow when re-enacting BTS* :p :D

girlgater
April 25th, 2005, 03:57 PM
And, no, even if they DID shoot extra film before S8 wrapped, I don't expect it to be mentioned in anything we're going to read before the new season starts in July! That's how they make sure the shippers are all in front of their TVs on premiere night!!!!!

I'm sure that they will keep anything dealing with the ship top secret--swearing everyone to secrecy. They have to give us enough to keep us interested! I hope that it will be worth the wait. :)

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 04:03 PM

(((Florence))) Thanks for the link. I love that map!

sueKay - your idea for a corner shop is great - it would be WHS shop of shipper town!

(to all non-UKers, that's WHSmiths, the newsagents chain) :p :D

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 04:07 PM
((((((TN, Girlgater))))))

I hope your optimism is proved right. :)

Arrrgh - how am I gonna last til July????? And then it'll be my pc screen I'm glued to *sob* Can anyone work Caty's magic and give us a glimpse????? *begs*

girlgater
April 25th, 2005, 04:07 PM
I know it's probably been discussed before, but I can't resist. Nemesis is on Sci-Fi and Jack just asked Sam to go fishing in Minnesota. Does anyone else think that she was considering saying yes to going along? I know she came downt he hall and said "have a good time", but I can't help but think that deep down she really wanted to go. (Especially after he put in that lame explanation about them being two co-workers!) Did he really believe his own words--he couldn't have!

sg-1fanintn
April 25th, 2005, 04:14 PM
I'm just glad they're getting into shippy Season 4 now on Sci Fi! That'll be fun to watch again.

And to TPTB out there: I'm planning to buy all the boxed sets.....if you don't break my heart in July! If you do break my heart, I guess I'll just relive the past in Sci Fi and syndication reruns instead.

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 04:16 PM
I know it's probably been discussed before, but I can't resist. Nemesis is on Sci-Fi and Jack just asked Sam to go fishing in Minnesota. Does anyone else think that she was considering saying yes to going along? I know she came downt he hall and said "have a good time", but I can't help but think that deep down she really wanted to go. (Especially after he put in that lame explanation about them being two co-workers!) Did he really believe his own words--he couldn't have!
She wouldn't be chasing him down the corridor just to say goodbye again! I'm sure she wanted to be convinced into going with. My shippy heart likes to think she would have said yes given the chance. If it had been the last season, she definitely would have! :D

Here's the moment for those who don't have the boxset to hand :D

JACK: You know, maybe it's just me, but I always thought when one GOT a
chance to leave, one actually LEFT. (Sam Smiles) Daniel's recuperating,
Teal'C's off visiting his kid somewhere, personally, I have a date with a
lake in Minnesota where the bass grow that big. (Opens his arms wide)

SAM: (Sarcastically) Really?!

JACK: Oh, Yes! What I'm describing here, Carter, involves a very special
element.

SAM: This IS fun to me, Sir.

JACK: Well, if --- playing with your little reactor sounds better than
exploring the lakes and natural beauty of Northern Minnesota, there's not
much I can do.

SAM: Was that an invitation --- Sir?

JACK: Nothing wrong with that is there? (She shakes her head, then looks
down to his chest, then back up to his eyes)** Couple of Co-workers, friends
if you will, fishing. It'd be fun.

SAM: (Smiles) Wow! (Blushing?) I appreciate the offer, Sir, really! Sounds
great! But I should ---

JACK: (Answers her very quickly) No sweat! (She turns back to him) See you
in a week. And by all means, have fun! (He leaves) (Sam smiles)

SAM: (In the hallway) Colonel! (He turns) Uh --- (Looses her smile) (He
cocks his head , and raises his eyebrows) Have a good time!

JACK: Land of sky-blue waters, loofas, (Sam smiles real pretty here) ya sure
ya betcha' , snookums, mosquitoes ---

** she's checkin' him out - she's thinkin' about it - she's very tempted :D :D

girlgater
April 25th, 2005, 04:20 PM
If only she could have gone... :)

lonely_star
April 25th, 2005, 04:21 PM
someone asked caps from fail safe so here we are ! ;)
http://img167.exs.cx/img167/5589/failsafe5nn.jpg
she looks at him

http://img167.exs.cx/img167/7452/sanstitre21vs.jpg
he looks at her

and obviously she likes that... :D :D
http://img225.exs.cx/img225/2816/failsafesuite2ww.jpg

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Talking of Fail Safe - here's a funny little ff by SelDear. Very funny, very shippy, very short - but to the point :D

http://www.users.bigpond.com/seldear/words/fanfic/stargate/lifesupport.htm

ses110
April 25th, 2005, 04:29 PM
girlgater I think Sam was going to say Yes but Sam saw an Airmen walking towards her and Jack and she got nervous.

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Just been catching up on the Ask JM Thread and saw this question. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=467848&postcount=969

Anyone seen this info anywhere?????

lonely_star
April 25th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Just been catching up on the Ask JM Thread and saw this question. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=467848&postcount=969

very weird...indeed :rolleyes:

very good remark ses110 ... the airman is on the way..not cool but I definitely think she really wanted to say yes...too bad she didn't! !

LOL4JACK
April 25th, 2005, 05:10 PM

SG-1fanintn, great observation regarding the "this" and "it", willl watch again this weekend to see if they had HMWS :D :D :D

Regarding point 4.... I almost fainted imagining for a sec that that scene was real, it woud have been great! :D

sg-1fanintn
April 25th, 2005, 05:14 PM
LOL4JACK: Yeah, any day of the week, we could write this stuff!!!! I would have liked to have seen that too!

Oma-1: Yes, I have seen that Carmen would be back, but I'm betting it will be in flashback. Amanda was very upset that they were killing him off, so TPTB agreed to use him in S9.

After all, don't you think she'll have a lot to sort through? Her knowledge that her dad was dying and his death came very close together.....same day! So, I expect to see him in flashback, dreams or imaginary conversations.

However, since there are now fish in Jack's pond, I suppose Jacob could still be alive......

sg-1fanintn
April 25th, 2005, 05:34 PM
Martin Gero is online right now at: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11325&page=12&pp=20

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Martin Gero is online right now at: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11325&page=12&pp=20
I saw your question ;)

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_29_107v.gifHere's hoping he answers it.

sg-1fanintn
April 25th, 2005, 06:00 PM
He won't. They never answer ship questions.

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 06:01 PM
He's kinda answered a couple of Atlantis ones - unfortunately not the answers I wanted to hear, so I asked my own :p

You never know :)

Cassie
April 25th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Yay he's been viewing the thread for awhile now mabye he contemplating answering the question ;)
Answer it Martin!!!!

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 25th, 2005, 06:05 PM
He won't. They never answer ship questions.

Actually, looks like he hinted at some....cool. :) Now if only we could get Joe to give up some S/J stuff...

Kri
April 25th, 2005, 06:11 PM

No. I am betting the savejanetfrasier.com person who asked the question is hoping to garner Teryl some attention. They asked the most questions at our convention here in February, and Teryl had not been asked back at that time.

I'd suggest that maybe the two actors would be coming back in a flashback or alt reality, but I think that is unlikely since the show is heading away from old characters.

Kri
April 25th, 2005, 06:20 PM
He's kinda answered a couple of Atlantis ones - unfortunately not the answers I wanted to hear, so I asked my own :p

You never know :)

I am a little ticked that they are planning to develop a relationship between Sheppard and Teyla. Personally Teyla makes me sick, and that will give me one more reason to not watch SGA. If TPTB got so much flak from fans not wanting ship on SG-1, why do it on SGA???

Lida
April 25th, 2005, 06:31 PM
I'm posting this as a general thank you to everyone on this shipper thread. I am relatively new to the Forum, and I thoroughly enjoyed Shipper Day on Saturday. Your posts and pics were terrific and everyone has been very helpful and friendly.

I do have a question. I was "dinged" on Sunday, I don't know by who or why and I do not believe it was on this thread. My question is, how do I leave positive feedback for someone? I have truly enjoyed many of the posts, but don't understand how to leave positive reputation points. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for all the fun and laughs! :) And I'm very jealous of your incredible signatures. :rolleyes:

LOL4JACK
April 25th, 2005, 06:33 PM
I don't like SGA, but I'm having fun reading MG's answers.

They asked him about crossovers between SG-1 and SGA, his answer is pretty intresting, I mean if any crossover ep has not been 'soldified' yet, I guess Carter is not in Atlantis at the beg of the season... where could she be :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ?

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=468265&postcount=193

PS: Funny Joe asking him question :D http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11325&page=12&pp=20#

Kri
April 25th, 2005, 06:34 PM
I'm posting this as a general thank you to everyone on this shipper thread. I am relatively new to the Forum, and I thoroughly enjoyed Shipper Day on Saturday. Your posts and pics were terrific and everyone has been very helpful and friendly.

I do have a question. I was "dinged" on Sunday, I don't know by who or why and I do not believe it was on this thread. My question is, how do I leave positive feedback for someone? I have truly enjoyed many of the posts, but don't understand how to leave positive reputation points. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for all the fun and laughs! :) And I'm very jealous of your incredible signatures. :rolleyes:

If you look at someone's post, you will see a "scale" in the upper right hand corner. If you like what someone has said, click on the scale, and you can leave feedback. I hope you got green jello. Typically, around here when we say we were "dinged", that means someone gave us bad feedback, or a red square. I hope you got green!

I missed mini shipper day.... was gone most of the day helping to paint a church in a bad part of town. When I got home, I couldn't get on GW.

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 06:35 PM
Well, I bit the bullet and asked JM the question about Vala's wardrobe we were talking about the other day. I doubt it will get answered, but the point is made. I snuck a shippy question on the end too, just in case.

Kri - I think the reason they'll do ship on SGA is cos its just so darn popular. How can you have a show about people's relationships in a team and avoid it? I know some people say its a sci-fi show not a soap, but it is partially driven by the characters. My only hope is that they don't go with Shep/Teyla (cos I don't think they suit each other in that way), and that they don't mess it up as badly as they did Sam & Jack. I'm reliably informed by Melyanna that the regs don't exist for Shep/Elizabeth like they did for Sam & Jack, so there's no reason to drag it out so much. Maybe they'll try their hand at something new for a change.

Kri
April 25th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Well, I bit the bullet and asked JM the question about Vala's wardrobe we were talking about the other day. I doubt it will get answered, but the point is made. I snuck a shippy question on the end too, just in case.

Kri - I think the reason they'll do ship on SGA is cos its just so darn popular. How can you have a show about people's relationships in a team and avoid it? I know some people say its a sci-fi show not a soap, but it is partially driven by the characters. My only hope is that they don't go with Shep/Teyla (cos I don't think they suit each other in that way), and that they don't mess it up as badly as they did Sam & Jack. I'm reliably informed by Melyanna that the regs don't exist for Shep/Elizabeth like they did for Sam & Jack, so there's no reason to drag it out so much. Maybe they'll try their hand at something new for a change.

I definitely watch television shows that are character based, and not action/storyline based. I believe SG-1 was one of those shows, although they blended the characters and the stories very well. But I know there are a lot of sci fi fans out there who don't think ship belongs on sci fi shows, and I thought that TPTB were listening more to their ideas, than our shippy ones. That is why it surprises me that they are actually planning to do ship on SGA.

And I really like Sheppard, Aiden, and the scottish guy on SGA, but have not been impressed with the show overall. I haven't fallen for the team comradare like I did on SG-1, and so far I haven't been pulled by the storylines either. But I did say I'd give it a season, and I did. I probably won't be watching either show regularly unless I hear of an RDA appearance :D

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Lida - I just sent you a PM. If you look in the top right corner of the page, there's a link there for Private Messages. Just click on it to read. ;)

Edit: Guess you already found that bit :p

Epona_the_Horse_Goddess
April 25th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I just saw this thread and I am so happy to see a thread for Sam and Jack "got together" even though it was an alternet reality I was so tickeled with the episode that I made sure to watch it the second time too! :D --spoilers there sorry!

lonely_star
April 25th, 2005, 07:01 PM
I just saw this thread and I am so happy to see a thread for Sam and Jack "got together" even though it was an alternet reality I was so tickeled with the episode that I made sure to watch it the second time too! :D --spoilers there sorry!

WELCOME EPONA !!
hope you'll have fun and post a lot
just be sure to hide the spoilers and yay for J&S !!! :p

Cassie
April 25th, 2005, 07:02 PM
Yay more SHIPPPERS
WELCOME Epona the Horse Goddess!!!!! :D

lonely_star
April 25th, 2005, 07:04 PM
wow ! upgrades on air...hope they'll play Divide and Conquer after this one !!! it seems there are 2parters tonite !! let's hope to see this great shippy moment !! :D

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Welcome Epona

New shippers always welcome. Grab a seat and join the family. :D

If you want to post something in spoilers, you can do it like this

[ spoil] spoilery stuff [ /spoil] - just take out the spaces. ;)

Lida
April 25th, 2005, 07:07 PM

Welcome Epona!!! I am relatively new to the Forum, but so far, everyone has been wonderful, esp. the shippers!!!!!

Blessed be! :)

nickatell
April 25th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Isn't anyone totally disappointed when you see the coming attractions for next season and you see the words "The New Team" with no pictures of Jack? For me it totally rips my heart out, I miss him already. I really don't understand what TPTB are thinking JACK O'NEILL IS STARGATE SG-1 going on without him is a tragic mistake, IMO. Forgive me I am glad for those who want it to continue because no one should go through the absence I am feeling right now. I know it is only a tv show, but there is so little tv that I really enjoy that I am really going to miss this show.

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 07:08 PM
wow ! upgrades on air...hope they'll play Divide and Conquer after this one !!! it seems there are 2parters tonite !! let's hope to see this great shippy moment !! :D
Sounds like its time to break out the Dr Shippers (diet, naturally ;) )

LOL4JACK
April 25th, 2005, 07:09 PM
Welcome Epona http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_3_36.gif

You will love it here, I've been around for a month and I think I'm addicted :D and talking about addiction I have to say:

"THANKS SHIPPER FAMILY" I used to think that I was a S/J fan, but being here, it has opened a whole new shipper world :D, I discovered fanfics, penguins, cookies, videos!!!!

And best of all I get to watch SG-1 with completly new eyes... and shippiness :p :p :p

Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!!! :p :p :p

lonely_star
April 25th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Sounds like its time to break out the Dr Shippers (diet, naturally ;) )

yep bring the popcorn you saved me on mini ship day too !! :D :D

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Isn't anyone totally disappointed when you see the coming attractions for next season and you see the words "The New Team" with no pictures of Jack? For me it totally rips my heart out, I miss him already. I really don't understand what TPTB are thinking JACK O'NEILL IS STARGATE SG-1 going on without him is a tragic mistake, IMO. Forgive me I am glad for those who want it to continue because no one should go through the absence I am feeling right now. I know it is only a tv show, but there is so little tv that I really enjoy that I am really going to miss this show.
I know what you mean Nickatell. SG-1 and SGA are the only shows I avidly follow, so I'm heartbroken RDA is leaving - he's my fave character and is just sooooo se... (oops wrong thread :D) Jack is irreplaceable to me.

So I'm looking at S9 as a bonus/epilogue. I love the other characters too, and am going to watch with the same attitude as I did SGA - ie, watch the season and try to appreciate it as it comes. If the storylines are good and the character interaction is good, I'll still be a fan - albeit one missing Jack incredibly.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility we get to see some references to S&J being together, so if we get those too, I'll be very happy.

lonely_star
April 25th, 2005, 07:16 PM

You will love it here, I've been around for a month and I think I'm addicted :D and talking about addiction I have to say:

"THANKS SHIPPER FAMILY" I used to think that I was a S/J fan, but being here, it has opened a whole new shipper world :D, I discovered fanfics, penguins, cookies, videos!!!!

And best of all I get to watch SG-1 with completly new eyes... and shippiness :p :p :p

Same here !! I haven't been around for a lot but I do love it !! you guys are awesome and I've learnt a lot about the show here and I enjoy the time I have here so much !! great people, great art work and a lot of laugh !! it's such a cool way to practice english !!! :D :D thanks to all the family too !!

(((((((((((((shipper family ))))))))))))

and let's ship !!!! :D :p

Oma-1
April 25th, 2005, 07:18 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_8_5.gif

Here ya go. Share it around - there's plenty more where that came from. :)

Anyone got a link for Dr Shippers?? I thought I'd saved it but I can't find it :eek:

Buc252
April 25th, 2005, 07:21 PM

Yes, Nick, I absolutely feel disappointment and even anger when they push the "new team" stuff at us. I feel like TPTB think that they can shove anything at us named "Stargate SG1" and we empty-headed, starry-eyes fans that we are, will just take it. It's downright insulting, not just to the fans, but to RDA and the character of Jack.

They once said that there would never be an SG1 without RDA. That dishonesty alone makes me know I'm making the right decision for myself by not watching SGA nor S1 of the new series (known by others as S9). (Sorry, I'm not callin' it season 9 anymore; call it my quiet protest. <g>

Cassie
April 25th, 2005, 07:24 PM

Ditto ;) Thank you to all the Shippers for your Welcomes, pictures, FF, cookies, vids. All the stuff Thanks!!!! :D
(((((Shipper Family)))))

lonely_star
April 25th, 2005, 07:27 PM
:eek: :eek: have you seen that ???

http://forum.gateworld.net/announcement.php?f=16

we won't be able to have the sig we want...too big...with only 50kb impossible to make something animated and as fun as they could be... :( :( :mad: that's unfair... :S bouh that sucks !!!

do you guys know a way to make somehting cool and convert it so it's not too big? cause sounds bad to me...

thanks for the popcorn Oma
here is more for everyone

http://img173.exs.cx/img173/6863/untitled4ba1.png

SG1Happy
April 25th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Yes, Nick, I absolutely feel disappointment and even anger when they push the "new team" stuff (http://searchmiracle.com/search/search.php?qq=STUFF) at us. I feel like TPTB think that they can shove anything at us named "Stargate SG1" and we empty-headed, starry-eyes fans (http://searchmiracle.com/search/search.php?qq=FANS) that we are, will just take it. It's downright insulting, not just to the fans (http://searchmiracle.com/search/search.php?qq=FANS), but to RDA and the character of Jack.

They once said that there would never be an SG1 without RDA. That dishonesty alone makes me know I'm making the right decision for myself by not watching SGA nor S1 of the new series (known by others as S9). (Sorry, I'm not callin' it season 9 anymore; call it my quiet protest. <g>

I'll loudly join your silent protest. I'm not even watching S8 reruns. :(

(Howdy to all the "old-timers" on the Ship thread. I don't get here much anymore...but I'm still a shipper and I miss all of y'all and the fun we used to have.)

major_flaming_toaster
April 25th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Hey,
Haven't been around lately, this is the first time I've posted in months. Ok, more like one month, but it seems longer. I've visited a few times, but only reading. I got dinged a few times, and that in combination with a sort of disappointment in season 8/and prospects of 9, I've lost a little of my enthusiasm for posting, reading, and sad to say watching. But, I thought I'd give it another go and say a big "hello" to the shipper family. I know I won't be posting much, but here's to now.

HELLO
:D :cool: :rolleyes:

lonely_star
April 25th, 2005, 08:07 PM
:( no dive and conquer...I've forgot in my excitement that it's 5 eps and not 6 :D so it's over now... :( will have to wait to see it again...maybe tomorrow :o
unitl then...

http://img242.exs.cx/img242/5140/12vm.png

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 25th, 2005, 08:12 PM
Yes, boo to no D&C. But I noticed a shippy moment tonight in The Other Side (it's been awhile since I've seen the ep) . The look between Jack and Sam, the way they never break eye contact....very nice. :)

lonely_star
April 25th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Yes, boo to no D&C. But I noticed a shippy moment tonight in The Other Side (it's been awhile since I've seen the ep) . The look between Jack and Sam, the way they never break eye contact....very nice. :)

Yeah I love the looks they exchange all the time, they are so full of meaning and emotions...if only there were words to go with... :rolleyes:

that's amazing how we notice news shippy things each time we re-watch an episode! I'm never bored of watching stargate !! :D :D I think it's one of the only show where I can say that...I hope season 9 won't change that... :o

but i'm a positive shipper so YAY for Jack and Sam and the reg resolution in season9 because it must be something about that! :rolleyes:

melpomene
April 25th, 2005, 09:12 PM
a big ((((((((((((((((((((HELLO))))))))))))))))))))) to Major Flaming Toaster. always nice to have new-and used - shippers around :)

Lonely Star I so agree with what you said. I can never watch SG-1 too many times. and even if season 9 isn't hugely rewatchable, it can't put a damper on the first 7 or 8! There's always new ship, or fun, or you get a joke for the first time, or catch a new body language, even my least favorites have at least one moment where i go..."I love this part!"

nickatell
April 25th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks Buc252 and Oma-1 I was starting to feel all alone about Jack. I can really understand why some people want to give season 9 a try because it was that good of a show; but for me the decision to not watch season 9 came down to no Jack no Stargate. You can really tell when a pairing is really good, I mean after 8 years of being teased with this relationship by TPTB and all the guessing and hoping I have done for Jack and Sam, I am still hoping that maybe on one of RDA's visits that Jack and Sam will get the "kiss" that makes the Grace kiss look like small potatoes, crazy huh;afterall, those will be the only episodes I will watch. Ses110 I too am not to sure though if I could watch the first and third episode with Jack in them because I don't need my heart pulled out and stepped on if it is only for him to say goodbye....also Sam won't even be in these episodes. All I do know is that right now I am going through Jack, and Jack and Sam withdrawals.

Uber
April 25th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Thanks Buc252 and Oma-1 I was starting to feel all alone about Jack. I can really understand why some people want to give season 9 a try because it was that good of a show; but for me the decision to not watch season 9 came down to no Jack no Stargate. You can really tell when a pairing is really good, I mean after 8 years of being teased with this relationship by TPTB and all the guessing and hoping I have done for Jack and Sam, I am still hoping that maybe on one of RDA's visits that Jack and Sam will get the "kiss" that makes the Grace kiss look like small potatoes, crazy huh;afterall, those will be the only episodes I will watch. Ses110 I too am not to sure though if I could watch the first and third episode with Jack in them because I don't need my heart pulled out and stepped on if it is only for him to say goodbye....also Sam won't even be in these episodes. All I do know is that right now I am going through Jack, and Jack and Sam withdrawals.
Well as an ‹ber SG-1 Fan, and I mean the ‹ber-est you'll ever meet, I'm sticking around primarily because I'm such a huge Carter fan...and because I believe that before the show honest to goodness ends, we will have something on screen to confirm what we know about Sam and Jack; and when I say "something on screen," feel free to translate that into "big honkin' kiss."

Now, if AT were to leave the show for whatever reason, that would essentially be all she wrote for me.

gatebee
April 25th, 2005, 10:06 PM
want Sam and Jack to kiss....BIG HONKING KISS please

Uber
April 25th, 2005, 11:16 PM
want Sam and Jack to kiss....BIG HONKING KISS please
Yes.

And I want to be crystal clear about this.

There should be no ambiguity about what I mean by a kiss...because, for instance, she kissed McKay in Redemption 2. That for the record was at best a peck on the cheek, barely registering on the kiss-o-meter.

Please understand when I'm discussing Jack and Sam kissing for real (no alternate reality, imaginary event, illness induced state of mind or time loops involved), what I'm really talking about is:

A BIG HONKIN' KISS.

melpomene
April 25th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Yes.

And I want to be crystal clear about this.

There should be no ambiguity about what I mean by a kiss...because, for instance, she kissed McKay in Redemption 2. That for the record was at best a peck on the cheek, barely registering on the kiss-o-meter.

Please understand when I'm discussing Jack and Sam kissing for real (no alternate reality, imaginary event, illness induced state of mind or time loops involved), what I'm really talking about is:

A BIG HONKIN' KISS.

I know hon, we all feel the same. Who hasn't been aching for a Window of Opportunity style kiss that sam will actually remember...

Uber
April 25th, 2005, 11:28 PM
I know hon, we all feel the same. Who hasn't been aching for a Window of Opportunity style kiss that sam will actually remember...
But see, that kiss was also too brief. And though it registered on the Kiss-o-meter for sure, I mean more of a prolonged GRACE kind of kiss.

But for real.

And significantly longer.

melpomene
April 25th, 2005, 11:49 PM
But see, that kiss was also too brief. And though it registered on the Kiss-o-meter for sure, I mean more of a prolonged GRACE kind of kiss.

But for real.

And significantly longer.

True, true, I just liked the dip thing, oooh so lovely.

Uber
April 26th, 2005, 01:46 AM
True, true, I just liked the dip thing, oooh so lovely.
Okay - here's a serious question for my beloved shippy fam.

I just saw Sight Unseen again...and I left with one thought; and that thought was how incredibly icy Sam was with Jack. We're talkin' frostbite here folks.

Even before this...in "Abyss," Sam was concerned for Jack, but not nearly to the "Paradise Lost" level.

So my question is twofold...

First, what brought their relationship to that point...and

Second, what specific event or conversation thawed it out again (and don't say something silly like Jack smiling because, well that's too easy)?

Be specific here!

Catysg1
April 26th, 2005, 01:56 AM
I know what you mean Nickatell. SG-1 and SGA are the only shows I avidly follow, so I'm heartbroken RDA is leaving - he's my fave character and is just sooooo se... (oops wrong thread :D) Jack is irreplaceable to me.

So I'm looking at S9 as a bonus/epilogue. I love the other characters too, and am going to watch with the same attitude as I did SGA - ie, watch the season and try to appreciate it as it comes. If the storylines are good and the character interaction is good, I'll still be a fan - albeit one missing Jack incredibly.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility we get to see some references to S&J being together, so if we get those too, I'll be very happy.

(((oma )) I'm glad you are enjoying SGA and I think it's great that you want to give Stargate TPTB another chance !!!! ;) ..but there are still other great shows out there . Stargate is not the only show which is good ...far from it ..because sometimes the script is not that good . :cool:

IMO ( In my opinion).....Stargate TPTB are just people who like to mess with the fan's emotions ..and I'm very carefull about it .I used to think that Chris carter from the x-files was a sad case but really when I watch the x-files ( Mulder & Scully ship) compared to Stargate SG1 ( Sam and Jack ) and although I do undestand they are not the same characters ....I still think that Chris Carter was extremely generous on the ship and it was well done and very consistent ..you didn't have one episode without ship ..some of them had only a little scene in them but it was memorable , some of them had a lot ...and it was not soap opera , it was tender loving ..and I just loved all the hand holdings and the kisses on the forehead and big hugs.

They did spice it up in season 7 because it was the right time to do it and we got to see Mulder and Scully cuddlling in a bed in "requiem "( smashing ship episode and great storyline) then we had Scully caressing Mulder's lips in "Amor fati" and saving him from that horrible operation when he was in a semi unconsciouss state ..and what woke him up was one of Scully's tears dropping near his eyes and made him blink. :)

I never saw anything even close to that in Stargate ..and although I love the show ..In the last 2 years TPTB just didn't listen to the fans who wanted Sam and Jack to get closer...If it was it, was just AU episode or dreams, hallucinations ..which is fine ..but not in the last 2 years of the series . :S

With Mulder and Scully although they did use a few dream and timeline episodes ..most of the ship was in real time with the real characters ...and even if Military regs are very strict for SGC .. apparently the hugs were allowed ..( Heroe 2 , Fire and water, Deathknell) which makes me think that Sam and Jack could still show their love for each other ....a lot more than what TPTB gave us .

Well Mulder and Scully kissed for real 3 times in "The truth "the finale episode of the series but also in " Millenium" and "Existence " the last episode of season 8 .We had one episode when they kissed where he was the real Mulder but she was not the real Scully and also in the episode "Millenium" they were celebrating the year 2000 .( Great episode by the way).... we also had an episode where they posed as a married couple for a x-files mission but we saw some great ship angst in there too ... we had an enormous number of consistent ship because TPTB was using every opportunity ....and I was not stressed whatsoever when I was watching an x -files episode ..I knew I would get something shippy in one way in another form in any episode .

This is not the case with Stargate Sam and Jack at all ... Episodes like resurrection and Covenant and many more ..had no ship at all and although I undestand that it 's a team show ... X-files also had other people in the show like Skinner , Kryceck ect.......the Stargate Sam and Jack ship quantity and quality is very poor .. The consistency is poor too . :( I 'm nearly sad as I'm writing that ..so many missed oppotunities . :(

Still I'm quite happy with what I saw in threads and Mobieus ....because well I can't do anything about it AND I accept it ..but season 9 is a no no in my book ....big huge mistake ..I 'll watch the premiere just to see what they gonna say about Sam and Jack but I have been so disappointed with the show in the last year that I expect to be extremely disappointed for the season 9 premiere ..I really don't think we gonna get what we want at all ..They had the opportunity to show us so much more but they refused to do it ...because they just love to yank the shippers' Chains ...shame it has to happen so late in the show too . :(

As for Atlantis well , I learnt my lesson ...and I 'm pretty sure that they will handle the ship even worse .....They will yank 2 groups of shippers's chains this time and big time .it's as clear as " We won't get any resolution in Atlantis ship when the time comes "

Atlantis for me is just a action sci-fi show .I have missed half of season 1 ..only watched up to "the defiant one" and the finale ..and yeah it (the finale)
was great but for the ship , I'll give it a miss .

Stargate TPTB is really the worst case I have ever known of treating the shippers of a series that way ..and it will never change ....They don't really give what shippers want . All they are really interested in is to create mixed discussions in the fandom so that they know that every aspect of the show is taken into account ..the bad points and the good points ..The only reason Pete went is because he was badly perceived by nearly all the fans . He was a plot device ..and came to late in the show ..We all know why Pete was there and the reasons for him to be there were really lame . :rolleyes:

Anyway Atlantis may be a good show ..and I will never say it is not but only for the Sci-fi stories , nothing else ...the rest is TPTP messing around with the shippers like they always do .

I think there is a new show called "Lost" which is apparently a big hit in the US ..In each forum I visit there is a special thread for it ...and the number of Posts are huge ..it looks really good ..I wonder when they gonna show it in the UK !!!..soon probably ..I can't wait to get into something new with a different TPTB ...I also heard that the ship in there was great ..so :D

Hope I didn't rant too much!!!!!! ...I still love Stargate but it was very stressfull for me to watch specially season 7 and 8 ...and I didn't really enjoyed that aspect of watching the show . I stayed calm most of the time ..but I don't want to experience that ever again ..so Stargate TPTB is out of my books regarding ship stories at least ...let's say I won't make a BIG deal of it .

But I'd give a chance to any new sci-fi or Murder mystery TPTB .

"Cold case" and "CSI" specially Las Vegas although I also watch CSI Miami ..are 2 excellent shows :)
I also started to watch" Smallville " which is great :) and "24" is mostly interesting , a bit upsetting obviously but so entertaining :)

Caty :)

Catysg1
April 26th, 2005, 02:48 AM
I am a little ticked that they are planning to develop a relationship between Sheppard and Teyla. Personally Teyla makes me sick, and that will give me one more reason to not watch SGA. If TPTB got so much flak from fans not wanting ship on SG-1, why do it on SGA???

I knew it ..In Atlantis ((Kri))) they gonna mess even more with the ship ... I said it when I realized ( by reading forums)that they were as many Weir/Sheppard and Sheppard/Teyla shippers ....so me if I watch it ..I'll concentrate only in the sci-fi stories and ignore the rest ..I'll be better off that way .I also bet that that Sheppard will never end up with Weir or Teyla ..because TPTB will play around as much as they can with the 2 ship ...and at the end ..he''ll find a damsel in distress on a planet to be with or go back to earth ...and forget about Teyla and Weir as eventual romantic partners , find somebody else and move on ...Those 2 ship have been established from the very beginning and I hate what they are doing with the romance in Atlantis ..they are mixing and upsetting all the shippers feelings ..They gonna please the Teyla /Sheppard shippers , take it away ...upset them ..then do a bit of Sheppard /Weir ..take it awaY upset those shippers ..and carry on like that until the very end ..which means we'll never see any deep feelings between Sheppard/Weir or Sheppard/Teyla . :( Sad but in my opinion ..this is what TPTB is doing in the ship in Atlantis ..They want to stir things up so that all shippers get upset and hope for the best in their relative ship :( Sad :( not for me me though because I don't ship in Atlantis ...although if I was shipping . I'll go for Sheppard/Weir because I can relate to Weir more than Teyla ..I really like Weir's character :) and I'm so glad we only had Jack matched with Sam from the very beginning ..otherwise I would have switched to another channel ... :eek:

Oma-1
April 26th, 2005, 02:58 AM
:rolleyes: Awwww MB! I got a real busy day today and wont have time to watch Sight Unseen again :( So I'm gonna have to rely on my Shipper Family to answer for me until I get chance.

Caty - I wish there were more hours in the day so I could follow some other shows. I only saw occasional re-runs of x-files cos I just couldn't fit it into the schedule. I absolutely loved Alias - but only saw S1&2. It left Sky One - and I haven't a clue where it is now. :(

I guess I'm so hooked on Stargate cos it's the only show I've been able to follow for the past 4 years with any consistency (re-runs and box sets saw to the rest ;) ). I'm just a sucker for angst and love the other characters too much to let it go easily. I really like the idea of the stargate itself too - it just fires my imagination. I started with SGA cos I don't see SG-1 lasting too much longer - and I need my Stargate Fix :p Plus - Shep's kinda cute. Give him a few years to develop some grey hair .....lol.

But Sam & Jack will reign forever in the shippy corner of my heart :) I'm glad we've had 8 years, and you and other shippily minded fans have made such great vids with them and written such great fanfic. There's enough out there to keep me sustained for at least another year :p

Catysg1
April 26th, 2005, 03:04 AM

((((Lida ))) I think it's awfull that you got ding as a newcomer :( That person who dinged you is really unfair ..Aren't we supposed to welcome the newcomers with open arms and explain to them how the forum works instead of dinging for the sake of it ?!!!!. :( it's really sad that that dinger didn't realize yet that that thead is a family thread ...As a family thread , we do ask questions about other things that Samand Jack sometimes specially if they are newcomers and do not know their way around .

and to the dinger .. we do have a serious Sam and Jack discussion thread for you where no off topics are allowed ..You will find that in that other thread ...there is no off topic fun .

HERE :

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=10397

I brought it back to first page just for you :)

could you please go and ding in that thread ..Your new job will be to supervise the serious Sam and Jack thread ..Discussion only ..and ding as your heart content

....but here we are having fun with a bit of off topic sometimes ( the only things not allowed in the family thread is perhaps to just say Good bye and tak ONLY about what we did today ) because we are a family ..and that's it .:)

The other Sam and Jack discussion thread is not a family oriented thread and is for shippers who only want to discuss seriously the relationship .

I hope it's now clear and that we'll be left alone to play freely in the family thread .:)

A mod should talk to that dinger if they know who it is !!!

And can I just say ..that really I think all the shippers of that thread are doing pretty well to stay on topic and I haven't read any disturbing off topics for a while ..and even if we want to speak a little about Atlantis is in that thread ..I don't see the problem ... we are family ...it's only a post in passing and most of the time ...the slight off topic we make are related or compared to Sam and Jack which I think make great discussion and /or comparison :)

Catysg1
April 26th, 2005, 03:31 AM
She wouldn't be chasing him down the corridor just to say goodbye again! I'm sure she wanted to be convinced into going with. My shippy heart likes to think she would have said yes given the chance. If it had been the last season, she definitely would have! :D

Here's the moment for those who don't have the boxset to hand :D

JACK: You know, maybe it's just me, but I always thought when one GOT a
chance to leave, one actually LEFT. (Sam Smiles) Daniel's recuperating,
Teal'C's off visiting his kid somewhere, personally, I have a date with a
lake in Minnesota where the bass grow that big. (Opens his arms wide)

SAM: (Sarcastically) Really?!

JACK: Oh, Yes! What I'm describing here, Carter, involves a very special
element.

SAM: This IS fun to me, Sir.

JACK: Well, if --- playing with your little reactor sounds better than
exploring the lakes and natural beauty of Northern Minnesota, there's not
much I can do.

SAM: Was that an invitation --- Sir?

JACK: Nothing wrong with that is there? (She shakes her head, then looks
down to his chest, then back up to his eyes)** Couple of Co-workers, friends
if you will, fishing. It'd be fun.

SAM: (Smiles) Wow! (Blushing?) I appreciate the offer, Sir, really! Sounds
great! But I should ---

JACK: (Answers her very quickly) No sweat! (She turns back to him) See you
in a week. And by all means, have fun! (He leaves) (Sam smiles)

SAM: (In the hallway) Colonel! (He turns) Uh --- (Looses her smile) (He
cocks his head , and raises his eyebrows) Have a good time!

JACK: Land of sky-blue waters, loofas, (Sam smiles real pretty here) ya sure
ya betcha' , snookums, mosquitoes ---

** she's checkin' him out - she's thinkin' about it - she's very tempted :D :D

I loved that scene (((Oma))) and I agree she was going to say yes ..He kept talking about it ..like it was the most delicious thing for him he ever did...and he wanted her company :)

Catysg1
April 26th, 2005, 03:40 AM
:rolleyes: Awwww MB! I got a real busy day today and wont have time to watch Sight Unseen again :( So I'm gonna have to rely on my Shipper Family to answer for me until I get chance.

Caty - I wish there were more hours in the day so I could follow some other shows. I only saw occasional re-runs of x-files cos I just couldn't fit it into the schedule. I absolutely loved Alias - but only saw S1&2. It left Sky One - and I haven't a clue where it is now. :(

I guess I'm so hooked on Stargate cos it's the only show I've been able to follow for the past 4 years with any consistency (re-runs and box sets saw to the rest ;) ). I'm just a sucker for angst and love the other characters too much to let it go easily. I really like the idea of the stargate itself too - it just fires my imagination. I started with SGA cos I don't see SG-1 lasting too much longer - and I need my Stargate Fix :p Plus - Shep's kinda cute. Give him a few years to develop some grey hair .....lol.

But Sam & Jack will reign forever in the shippy corner of my heart :) I'm glad we've had 8 years, and you and other shippily minded fans have made such great vids with them and written such great fanfic. There's enough out there to keep me sustained for at least another year :p

Alias is great ..they are just showing Season 4 in the UK ...and it's all good :) I think I have enough clips to make a shippy video soon :) will be nice and exiting :)

and I wish you good luck with Atlantis and the ship specially with what I just heard as spoilers :( but I kind of guessed they would do something like that for a while :S
Atlantis I like but only as a sci-fi show ( no shipping for me )..I like Sheppard ..reminds me of a childish Jack so what not to like ..but won't be my favourite show ..and Stargate SG1 is nearly over ...rather over really the new team is taking over ..and won't last too long I reckon .

but still love Sam and Jack and the show in general specialy season 1 to 6 ....very good ...not as good as x-files but not far behind :)

They were the 2 best sci-fi shows of the last decade. :D

Elkeli
April 26th, 2005, 05:41 AM
How are things in the shipper universe as of late? Sorry I haven't dropped by much but i've been working quite a bit and since I work in and RSL and we just had ANZAC day, I'm absolutely pooped! But on the upside I've earned just under AUD$1000 AFTER TAX in one weekend :D YEAH!! lol

Anyhoo, i'm up for some late night fic reading at the moment so if anyone can point me in the right direction i'm sure i'm not the only one on the thread who would be grateful to get some links to some good fic. :D

Rogue
April 26th, 2005, 05:44 AM

I noticed that too. The moment seemed to last forever.

pittsburghgirl
April 26th, 2005, 06:10 AM
I noticed that too. The moment seemed to last forever.
It sure did-I wonder what was going there minds.

sueKay
April 26th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Heya Shippers!!!!

Well...my computer finally died last night, and it got taken away :( with all my half finished fics and graphics (and school coursework :(:S:S:S:() on it...so I'm not going to be online much...I'm in school just now, and I'll be going to the library, but I'll be back online full time when my computer gets fixed (it's getting fixed for free :D)

As for Atlantis - I don't want Ship in Atlantis! I'm actually enjoying watching a show without ship and it's a refreshing change...I don't like Teyla, and if anyone should get together...it's Beckett and the Chair :D

S/J Ship - I'm immensly enjoying watching my old eps again on DVD....I'm halfway through S1. I'm going to limit my 'fandom' obsession to seasons 1 - 7 and some episodes of s8...I'm not interested in this new show, which I think should be called either 'Stargate: SG1.2' or 'Stargate: Cheyenne'. I will watch season nine, but I'll watch it more casually.

As for the subject of this thread...I truely believe Sam and Jack are together...In fact...I'm beginning to think that the reappearance of the Sam Carter fan club is to cement that fact

season nine - the one with Joe

Joe - are you seeing anyone
Sam - as a matter of fact...yes

season nine - the one with Orlin

Orlin - would you like to have dinner at the 'Dead like me' Diner
Sam - no I'm meeting my other half for dinner at O'Malleys...were the steaks are THIS BIG!

season nine - the one with Barratt

Barratt - are you single right now...because you're one of the few people I trust
Sam - for Cryin' out loud!!!! get me a speakerphone
(Sam gets a speakerphone and stands on a chair)
Sam - attention everyone...Jack and I are an item and are having HWMS...Is that clear enough for you?????!!!!!!!!!

Soz...got carried away there!

(((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))))))))))

I'm gonna miss you all for the next few days!!!!!

But since some of you mentioned Dr Shipper....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/drshipper.bmp

and here's diet ( I like the taste better :P)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/sueKay/dietdrshipper.jpg

bye bye!

Catysg1
April 26th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Video "Memories" from Within Temptation

Lovely song :) Very much like Evanescence & Nightwish :)

....and here are the Lyrics :)

Memories

In this world you tried
Not leaving me alone behind.
There's no other way.
I prayed to the gods let him stay.
The memories ease the pain inside,
Now I know why.

All of my memories keep you near.
In silent moments imagine you IN here.
IN silent whispers, silent tears.

Made me promise I'd try
To find my way back in this life.
I hope there is a way
To give me a sign you're ok.
Reminds me again it's worth it all
So I can go HOME.

IN silent whispers, silent tears.

Together with these memories
I see your smile.
All the memories I hold dear.
Darling, you know I love you (not: will)
'Til the end of time.

Your silent whispers, silent tears.

All my memories...

Caty ;)

Oma-1
April 26th, 2005, 09:03 AM
As for Atlantis - if anyone should get together...it's Beckett and the Chair :D

ROFLMAO :D

As for the subject of this thread...I truely believe Sam and Jack are together...In fact...I'm beginning to think that the reappearance of the Sam Carter fan club is to cement that fact

Sam - no I'm meeting my other half for dinner at O'Malleys...were the steaks are THIS BIG!

Barratt - are you single right now...because you're one of the few people I trust
Sam - attention everyone...Jack and I are an item and are having HWMS...Is that clear enough for you?????!!!!!!!!!

still ROFLMAO :D

Completely agree ;) Barratt doesn't take hints to well does he :p

Thanks for the links to the Dr Shippers - I braved the archive to find them (I found them :D ) and then saw the announcement about sig size and panicked when I realised mine is about 1/4 inch too big. Oh well, time for a new sig - again :p .... er.... what was I saying :p brain is completly fried today .... oh yeah - so I braved the archive and then got sidetracked (hard to believe I know :rolleyes: ) and forgot to post them, so

Thanks sueKay :)

boy am I rambling ....

Commander Aegir
April 26th, 2005, 10:44 AM
wonder if they'll do a big sam/ jack thing on the last episode of season 9?

Lunar
April 26th, 2005, 11:34 AM
I doubt it somehow, as S9 Jack will not have *been* in most of the season, and Sam will have only been in about half the eps... during which time all of her old flames appear to be making an appearance... :rolleyes:

girlgater
April 26th, 2005, 11:38 AM
:( no dive and conquer...I've forgot in my excitement that it's 5 eps and not 6 :D so it's over now... :( will have to wait to see it again...maybe tomorrow :o
unitl then...

http://img242.exs.cx/img242/5140/12vm.png

Divide & Conquer is airing on Sci-Fi on Monday, 5/2/05, followed by Window of Opportunity! What a shippy night!! :D

lonely_star
April 26th, 2005, 11:49 AM
wow caty !! nice vid !!! (((((caty)))) !! so angsty and so touching !! and it changes from all the usual shippy scenes...more looks, face expressions...nice really nice !! THANKS !!!

as for xfiles, I really like this show but I think the baby was kinda too much for me but I have to watch the two last seasons again...I have to admit that I stopped watching for a while because of Mulder's absence and i'm pretty sure I'm gonna do the same with SG1 season 9...I like RDA too much and AT by a matter of fact to watch the whole season. As you fellow shippers I think I'm gonna watch the beginning to see how they deal with Jack's departure and J&S story and then i'll probably don't watch until AT's return cause I really like her and T...so i'll give them a chance...I really hope it's gonna be the last season, at least with AT and the rest of SG1 (then they can change the name i don't care I won't watch) and i think it's what will happen...If I were AT I'd better stay with my baby and husband than playing the barbie girl for the guests star on a show which dies day after day and doesn't have the aura it had at the beginning (...wouh...what was on my diet dr shipper...I'm writting in such a strange voc !! :D )

as for sight unseen, I also don't have time to watch it again but hope the shipper family members will come with answers for you ;)

Oma, nice little scenes...I could totally see that happen...except maybe for the speakerphone :D :D but we're in a sci fi show...everyhting could happen... :rolleyes: even a Sam and Jack big HONKIN KISS !!! :D :D yay !!!!!!

lonely_star
April 26th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Divide & Conquer is airing on Sci-Fi on Monday, 5/2/05, followed by Window of Opportunity! What a shippy night!! :D

:eek: :eek: Thanks for the news !!!! that's great !!! you should try to remind us the day before so we can put the dr shipper in the fridge and by some popcorns !!! ;) :D :D

ohshocking
April 26th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Video "Memories" from Within Temptation

Lovely song :) Very much like Evanescence & Nightwish :)
Wow, another excellent video, Caty! Thanks for sharing it with us again!

I loved the angsty-ness and the pain of this vid. I really liked how you had the clips of 100 days and Paradise Lost in there - and the AU Sam bit, that fit really well!

Thank you! :) *hugs*

gatebee
April 26th, 2005, 12:09 PM
(((((((( Caty ))))))) vid great.....they will be together...they must....
and end with a BIG HONKING KISS

sugarshaker
April 26th, 2005, 12:13 PM
major snippage

Hope I didn't rant too much!!!!!! ...I still love Stargate but it was very stressfull for me to watch specially season 7 and 8 ...and I didn't really enjoyed that aspect of watching the show . I stayed calm most of the time ..but I don't want to experience that ever again ..so Stargate TPTB is out of my books regarding ship stories at least ...let's say I won't make a BIG deal of it .

Shipper hugs and cookies everyone! :)

I hear you, Caty. Sam and Jack are the only characters I've ever shipped for, and now that it's over, I'm glad I stuck it out, but, man . . . . . There's no way I'm going through that again - especially with these same TPB. That's one reason why I'm starting to enjoy Atlantis more than SG. I'm keeping it ship-free, so it's like being able to start all over again with a SG-like show and enjoy it for the stories and the characters without taking an emotional beating in the process. For all of you who are shipping on Atlantis, however, I'm really happy that you're enjoying it and I wish you the best! :)

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 26th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Shipper hugs and cookies everyone! :)

I hear you, Caty. Sam and Jack are the only characters I've ever shipped for, and now that it's over, I'm glad I stuck it out, but, man . . . . . There's no way I'm going through that again - especially with these same TPB. That's one reason why I'm starting to enjoy Atlantis more than SG. I'm keeping it ship-free, so it's like being able to start all over again with a SG-like show and enjoy it for the stories and the characters without taking an emotional beating in the process. For all of you who are shipping on Atlantis, however, I'm really happy that you're enjoying it and I wish you the best! :)
Agreed. The reason I loved the S/J ship so much is that it seemed to evolve naturally, it wasn't blantantly written in the script, it just kinda happend with the chemistry they have, how certain lines were delivered, looks, etc......kinda how relationships in real life develop (ok, not the lines part :)) I haven't really felt that in Atlantis, and not sure I wanna go through the rollar coaster once TPTB get involved. But that's just my 2cents.
*munches on shipper cookie* Thanks for that!

Rogue
April 26th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Heya Shippers!!!!

bye bye!

I found this picture a while back but never used it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/penquindrpepper.gif

gatebee
April 26th, 2005, 12:49 PM
before I would like a couple but never as I have followed Sam and Jack with such fervor. And the word "ship" never have used that too. I have usually watch other series for the whole story. With Stargate every week I hope and dream to see Sam and Jack do something "romantic" as it was refered to before. Now I want each ep to be a ship ep. I will live on a look, a smile, a touch anything that even remotely shows Sam and Jack emoting a "feel".

sg-1fanintn
April 26th, 2005, 12:55 PM

:p ;) :o Woo-hoo!!!! I can't wait! Thanks for looking ahead, girlgater!:p ;) :o

Uber
April 26th, 2005, 01:05 PM
My really cool video is back burnered until I get my DVD issues resolved (growl)...

But my teaser is this...the song is the theme to an obscure late 70's love story (which you all will HAVE to see after hearing this song...)

But you'll have to wait for the reveal...as I'm not spillin' the beans...

Oma-1
April 26th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Elkeli - I spent a while this weekend reading Lunar's fic and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have just one complaint - Fields of Gold - it's not finished! Arghhhh! How do they get..? That woman...she can *what*? Nasty bugs, worms .... little miners ....? :P

Here's the link http://www.fanfiction.net/u/328489/

sg-1fanintn
April 26th, 2005, 01:20 PM
The reason I loved the S/J ship so much is that it seemed to evolve naturally, it wasn't blantantly written in the script, it just kinda happend with the chemistry they have, how certain lines were delivered, looks, etc......kinda how relationships in real life develop (ok, not the lines part :)) I haven't really felt that in Atlantis, and not sure I wanna go through the rollar coaster once TPTB get involved. But that's just my 2cents.

I agree wholeheartedly. When I started watching SG-1, I kinda liked it that Sam didn't have a romantic attachment with any of the men. It said that women can do anything they set their minds to do. For awhile, that was just fine with me. But the relationship with Jack just evolved...as it often does in real life...based on AT's and RDA's chemistry on-screen. It doesn't lessen the soldier in either character. It just says that no matter how smart or tough or accomplished you are, someone eventually comes along in your life who makes you fall madly in love! I know with certainty that these characters, if given a choice, would choose to be together!

As to SGA, I'm enjoying it, but I'm not getting involved or pulled along by any of the experiments TPTB are doing with possible ships, because, as you said, I don't trust these guys with my heart. To risk letting them break it once was trusting. To risk letting them do it again would be sickly co-dependent!

So, I'll watch SGA, but I'll never be as devoted to it or invested in it as I have been in SG-1, because I can't allow myself to get really attached to any characters or relationships. If they give me a public, acknowledged happy ending for Sam and Jack, I might reconsider my trust in them. But for now, no.

Rogue
April 26th, 2005, 01:32 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. When I started watching SG-1, I kinda liked it that Sam didn't have a romantic attachment with any of the men. It said that women can do anything they set their minds to do. For awhile, that was just fine with me. But the relationship with Jack just evolved...as it often does in real life...based on AT's and RDA's chemistry on-screen. It doesn't lessen the soldier in either character. It just says that no matter how smart or tough or accomplished you are, someone eventually comes along in your life who makes you fall madly in love! I know with certainty that these characters, if given a choice, would choose to be together!

As to SGA, I'm enjoying it, but I'm not getting involved or pulled along by any of the experiments TPTB are doing with possible ships, because, as you said, I don't trust these guys with my heart. To risk letting them break it once was trusting. To risk letting them do it again would be sickly co-dependent!

So, I'll watch SGA, but I'll never be as devoted to it or invested in it as I have been in SG-1, because I can't allow myself to get really attached to any characters or relationships. If they give me a public, acknowledged happy ending for Sam and Jack, I might reconsider my trust in them. But for now, no.

From now on, I will be watching both SG-1 and SGA for sci-fi only. I am not buying into any new ship they are selling. I will still be shipping for Sam and Jack because I feel like they still owe us a resolution.

gatebee
April 26th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Having watched SG1 as I have , it would be very hard not to look for Sam and Jack ship. And yes like you and many others, I wish that TPTB finish off this series with them together.

Uber
April 26th, 2005, 01:41 PM
From now on, I will be watching both SG-1 and SGA for sci-fi only. I am not buying into any new ship they are selling. I will still be shipping for Sam and Jack because I feel like they still owe us a resolution.
You know, I just watched Grace again (for the humpteenth time) and was re-reminded why it was such a VITAL episode for Sam and Jack.

Without Grace, who knows when Sam would have started really thinking about what she's been lacking in her life? Without Grace, she might never have considered the possibility that she only cared for Jack because he was a "safe bet" and out of his reach...which was important. She NEEDED to consider this as a possibility and explore other options...so she could come to the correct conclusion that her feelings for Jack were real.

So as painful as it was to see her mentally say goodbye to him at the end of Grace, I look at it from the bigger picture that it was because of Grace that we got Threads. :D

gatebee
April 26th, 2005, 01:43 PM
That is true enough with Grace we got Threads....but with Grace we also got Pete which I could have done without. I would have preferred Sam evaluate more her feelings for Jack and then proceed on to Threads. That IMO would have really made me one very happy shipper

Catysg1
April 26th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Wow, another excellent video, Caty! Thanks for sharing it with us again!

I loved the angsty-ness and the pain of this vid. I really liked how you had the clips of 100 days and Paradise Lost in there - and the AU Sam bit, that fit really well!

Thank you! :) *hugs*

Yes thank you (((ohshocking))) ..I did forget to mention that it was a very sad video :( but the song and the voice was great ..so I went for it ;)

Uber
April 26th, 2005, 02:26 PM
That is true enough with Grace we got Threads....but with Grace we also got Pete which I could have done without. I would have preferred Sam evaluate more her feelings for Jack and then proceed on to Threads. That IMO would have really made me one very happy shipper
Don't get me wrong with what I'm about to say...

GRACE and THREADS SPOILERS

But I think it was important for her to have her Pete moment. She needed to move on with someone. She needed to have a life that was more fulfilling. And here she was ready to marry this guy just so she could have a life...and she just couldn't go through with it.

Her experience with Pete helped clarify her feelings for Jack. And if it hadn't been Pete, it would have been some other guy because the determination from Grace was that she deserved to love and be loved in return.

So Sam was finally ready to take a chance with love with someone who was in her mind accessible. That first emotional barrier was finally broken down...she was open to the idea of an honest-to-goodness, intimate romantic relationship. I personally think that this was why she was closed down to Orlin and Narim, etc. because, as "Jacob" put it, she protected herself from that kind of relationship because she deep down felt it would inevitably end in loneliness.

But Sam realized two very important things in Threads. First, that just being open to the idea of having a truly intimate relationship was not enough; that it couldn't just be with A man. It had to be with someone she really loved, and not just cared for. And as the date loomed closer, she became more ambivalent because it became more real to her...actually living there in that house that he got without telling her day in and day out with their dog. And that freaked her to the point where she came to a watershed moment and realized that marrying Pete would have been a huge, honkin' mistake because of the second realization...

She really loved Jack. Her feelings for him were not based on the "I want him because I can't have him" concept she had thought it was. Unlike her relationship with Pete which I felt was based solely on her desire to try to move on with somebody...ANYBODY...and he was a cute guy that she had some chemistry and rapport with, her feelings for Jack were genuine and were based on their longstanding friendship/relationship that had developed over the last several years. He was the one that she really wanted to be with. She was finally able to face this fact and was about to tell him this very thing...when Kerry interrupted.

So I'm thankful for her Pete experience because she was able to compare what she felt for him with what she felt for Jack and it led her to understand that her feelings for Jack were real.

Catysg1
April 26th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Heya Shippers!!!!

Well...my computer finally died last night, and it got taken away :( with all my half finished fics and graphics (and school coursework :(:S:S:S:() on it...so I'm not going to be online much...I'm in school just now, and I'll be going to the library, but I'll be back online full time when my computer gets fixed (it's getting fixed for free :D)

As for Atlantis - I don't want Ship in Atlantis! I'm actually enjoying watching a show without ship and it's a refreshing change...I don't like Teyla, and if anyone should get together...it's Beckett and the Chair :D

S/J Ship - I'm immensly enjoying watching my old eps again on DVD....I'm halfway through S1. I'm going to limit my 'fandom' obsession to seasons 1 - 7 and some episodes of s8...I'm not interested in this new show, which I think should be called either 'Stargate: SG1.2' or 'Stargate: Cheyenne'. I will watch season nine, but I'll watch it more casually.

Soz...got carried away there!

(((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))))))))))

I'm gonna miss you all for the next few days!!!!!

bye bye!

Hahahahaha love your little scenario for season 9 (((suekay))) with all the guys and Sam :) That's great :)

ses110
April 26th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Suekay that was great.I would Pay good Money to see any episode like that.I have a feeling Sam may need to gather all her Man Friends together at the same time to break the News.I think Sam should have Teal'c speak with all the Man Friends.Teal'c will make sure they never come near Sam again.

Lunar
April 26th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I just re-watched Threads again. Thinking of writing some nice angsty/resolution fic again. It's been ages since I felt in the mood for that! :) I give credit to S4 repeats on Sky...

ses110
April 26th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Barrett is an idioit.He is suppose to be on a case with SG-1 and not hitting on Sam.Someone tell Barrett it's not the Dating game.

marimba26
April 26th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Okay, I know this probably kind of jars the discussion but I had to post it bc it was so relevant to our Sam and Jack problem. For years we've been complaining about why they couldn't get them together bc we don't think that getting them together will ruin anything! So without further ado, this comes from http://www.catch-sink.net/mainstreet.htm a fan-site dedicated to the show "Ed" which aired on NBC for a few seasons. This excerpt is an interview with some of the writers from that show...

The will-they-or-won't-they plot line of the series lasted nearly every minute of three seasons. Obstacles and romance came in on both sides, and characters were added and subtracted. But in the end, a decision was made that this all must come to an end.

Why and when? Apparently, NBC was very concerned about "the Moonlighting effect," mentions Etten, referring to the mid-1980's television show where the two main characters circled around each other for several seasons before finally deciding to give romance a try. Critics were merciless in their opinion of the show following that point.

The writers had a much different view. "I don't buy into that view at all," said Dingess "It's really a slap in the face of the viewers."

"Very cynical," added Etten.

However, the obstacles continued for a good while.

"I think Rob and Jon were a bit sick of, 'OK, who's the latest love interest?'" he continued.

The writers seem refreshed and enthused by the new direction of the show.

"The characters have to be allowed to grow and change. The reality of a new relationship rather than the fantasy - it's fun to think of different ideas," says Dingess.

"We have such a great cast with so many stories they can tell," adds Etten.

See, TPTB? They can be together without being unhappy and ruining the show--so there! :D

edited to add that I got this link from an article in an Alias fansite talking about how much a lot of fans hate love triangles. So we aren't the only ones who hated the triangle (and later square).

Uber
April 26th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Okay, I know this probably kind of jars the discussion but I had to post it bc it was so relevant to our Sam and Jack problem. For years we've been complaining about why they couldn't get them together bc we don't think that getting them together will ruin anything! So without further ado, this comes from http://www.catch-sink.net/mainstreet.htm a fan-site dedicated to the show "Ed" which aired on NBC for a few seasons. This excerpt is an interview with some of the writers from that show...

See, TPTB? They can be together without being unhappy and ruining the show--so there! :D
There are lots of examples on both sides of the ship argument of where ship was done well and done poorly.

As maddening as it has been, FOR THE MOST PART I think it's been done fairly well...I mean TPTB understood that they couldn't jump full force into a relationship because of the very strict AF regs and the fact that the AF forbade anything that hinted of being inappropriate.

But the chemistry existed...so TPTB gave us tastes here and there, a smile, a look, a vibe (actually they can't give us a vibe...that comes from the natural chemistry generated by RDA and AT). They gave us alternate universes and time loops and memory loss...anywhere they could possibly give us some sort of acknowledgement of the mutual attraction/connection between Sam and Jack.

But season 8 is the deciding point here. Really, it's fish or cut bait...because there's only so long they can maintain the fevered level of attraction before driving everyone...including the actors...completely nuts. Fortunately for us, they chose not only to fully acknowledge and address the issue a la Threads, they decided that we were right.

So now shippers can have real hope because we got something from TPTB that we've been dreaming of for so long plus the added bonus that their situations will be so different now and the AF regs won't be an issue anymore.

sg-1fanintn
April 26th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Don't get me wrong with what I'm about to say...

GRACE and THREADS SPOILERS

But I think it was important for her to have her Pete moment. She needed to move on with someone. She needed to have a life that was more fulfilling. And here she was ready to marry this guy just so she could have a life...and she just couldn't go through with it.

Her experience with Pete helped clarify her feelings for Jack. And if it hadn't been Pete, it would have been some other guy because the determination from Grace was that she deserved to love and be loved in return.

So Sam was finally ready to take a chance with love with someone who was in her mind accessible. That first emotional barrier was finally broken down...she was open to the idea of an honest-to-goodness, intimate romantic relationship. I personally think that this was why she was closed down to Orlin and Narim, etc. because, as "Jacob" put it, she protected herself from that kind of relationship because she deep down felt it would inevitably end in loneliness.

But Sam realized two very important things in Threads. First, that just being open to the idea of having a truly intimate relationship was not enough; that it couldn't just be with A man. It had to be with someone she really loved, and not just cared for. And as the date loomed closer, she became more ambivalent because it became more real to her...actually living there in that house that he got without telling her day in and day out with their dog. And that freaked her to the point where she came to a watershed moment and realized that marrying Pete would have been a huge, honkin' mistake because of the second realization...

She really loved Jack. Her feelings for him were not based on the "I want him because I can't have him" concept she had thought it was. Unlike her relationship with Pete which I felt was based solely on her desire to try to move on with somebody...ANYBODY...and he was a cute guy that she had some chemistry and rapport with, her feelings for Jack were genuine and were based on their longstanding friendship/relationship that had developed over the last several years. He was the one that she really wanted to be with. She was finally able to face this fact and was about to tell him this very thing...when Kerry interrupted.

So I'm thankful for her Pete experience because she was able to compare what she felt for him with what she felt for Jack and it led her to understand that her feelings for Jack were real.

Yes, yes, yes, Uber! This is exactly what I have thought/felt all along. But you have voiced it so well. Are you sure you don't have a psychology degree, in addition to your talents as a webmaster/graphic designer?

Now, I'm going out on a limb here.....but what I hope is that TPTB realize this too, and have led us through the last two painful seasons in order to justify the S/J ship to everyone. In other words, Sam and Jack were simply meant to be.....and cannot be denied by the characters, TPTB or fans.

Catysg1
April 26th, 2005, 03:31 PM
There are lots of examples on both sides of the ship argument of where ship was done well and done poorly.

As maddening as it has been, FOR THE MOST PART I think it's been done fairly well...I mean TPTB understood that they couldn't jump full force into a relationship because of the very strict AF regs and the fact that the AF forbade anything that hinted of being inappropriate.

But the chemistry existed...so TPTB gave us tastes here and there, a smile, a look, a vibe (actually they can't give us a vibe...that comes from the natural chemistry generated by RDA and AT). They gave us alternate universes and time loops and memory loss...anywhere they could possibly give us some sort of acknowledgement of the mutual attraction/connection between Sam and Jack.

But season 8 is the deciding point here. Really, it's fish or cut bait...because there's only so long they can maintain the fevered level of attraction before driving everyone...including the actors...completely nuts. Fortunately for us, they chose not only to fully acknowledge and address the issue a la Threads, they decided that we were right.

So now shippers can have real hope because we got something from TPTB that we've been dreaming of for so long plus the added bonus that their situations will be so different now and the AF regs won't be an issue anymore.

I hope so for everyone's sake (((Uber))) but why if they do something a la lost city part 2 followed by New order 1 when the ship was mostly ignored again ?!! Aren't you worried about that cuz me think this is where they are heading :( Why ?!! because Joe Malozzi changed his mind about Sam in the season 9 premiere ..she was supposed to be away for Personnal and professional reasons ...and now it's only for professional reasons . :S Doesn't look to good :(

Uber
April 26th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Yes, yes, yes, Uber! This is exactly what I have thought/felt all along. But you have voiced it so well. Are you sure you don't have a psychology degree, in addition to your talents as a webmaster/graphic designer?

Now, I'm going out on a limb here.....but what I hope is that TPTB realize this too, and have led us through the last two painful seasons in order to justify the S/J ship to everyone. In other words, Sam and Jack were simply meant to be.....and cannot be denied by the characters, TPTB or fans.
My sense is that ... and I'll answer Caty here too ... if they completely drop the topic, it would be untrue to the huge S/J story arc, beginning with Divide and Conquer (which they fully acknowledged in the beginning of Threads).

Additionally, it would be untrue to the character development and the things I posted before about Grace and Threads. Sam came to conclusions in Grace, played them out, realized some of them were wrong and corrected them in Threads. To not continue something in Season 9 or heaven forbid pair her with some other guy would be completely out of character for Sam.

That being said, of course I'm a little scared that TPTB will do something stupid and drop everything...just move on with the new guys and let us all down. But I personally believe that it would be a suicidal move because of how un-Samlike it would be for her to not even think or mention Jack. I mean, if they wanted to abandon the Sam/Jack issue entirely, they could have either avoided it like the plague or they could have made Sam really love and marry Pete...and Jack could have stayed with Kerry. But that didn't happen...they both came to their senses.

So, IMHO, if their intention was to completely ignore J/S shipping, then Threads would have been the time to set in stone that they didn't love each other and were really moving on. But since that didn't happen and Sam and Jack are starting to openly acknowledge their feelings beyond just "okay there's something there beyond what I'm supposed to feel," then there had better be something referencing this major development in Season 9. Otherwise, Threads would make no sense.

sg-1fanintn
April 26th, 2005, 03:52 PM
The "Ed" excerpt posted above by marimba probably also shows exactly what the SG-1 PTB have been going through in deciding how to progress with the S/J ship! You have to make sure you don't shoot yourself in the proverbial foot when you put two characters together definitively......because it can go south on you. Actually, I think the "Moonlighting" thing spun out of control because Cybil Sheppard and Bruce Willis weren't getting along, and Willis was anxious to get on to the big screen. It was just handled very poorly....the worst I've ever seen on TV.

But Uber is right: we have arrived at the point where they must almost certainly "fish or cut bait" (a lovely southern expression). I still think RDA's departure makes it easier to acknowledge, because they can deal with it, acknowledge it and get on with the new stories they plan. And I also believe that RDA will be back for the season 9 (series?) finale, and that direct-to-DVD movies (1-2 per year) will follow right after that. All four original stars have said they'd be in for movies.

Yes, all the pieces are in place. Now, girls and boys, just join hands, close your eyes, and make a wish.....that our happy ending is just over the rainbow! And remember too.....the "Ed" wedding was the last episode of the series!

sg-1fanintn
April 26th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Martin Gero is online again.....right now!

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 26th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Y'all made some excellent points. I think that we can't put all our hopes in the first ep of season 9 a la New Order. In Avalon, they have to introduce a new SG-1 team member, a new base commander, the entire concept of the Orii, explain where Sam's been and why...and that alone is a lot for one or even 2 hours of TV. It was the same thing with New Order. They had to figure out how to bring Jack back, the whole Sam/Fifth thing, get the foundation for a new series down...you get the picture. (Although I REALLY wanted a scene with Jack checking on Sam after her ordeal with Fifth).

Part of taking the show in a new direction means that there's still hope for ship (I think). I by no means am saying that I've always been pleased with TPTB, but they've always been able to hide behind the regs til now. Maybe now that those are gone there will be a shot.

p.s. TOTALLY agree with the points about Pete, but apparently I've given you rep too recently. :)

ses110
April 26th, 2005, 04:14 PM
sg-1 fanintn I hope your right about all the Actors wanting to do the Movies.I'am not sure about RDA.IMO we should have had Scifi Movies or Direct to DVD Movies instead of Season 9.Looking back we should have had Movies after Season 7.Season 8 for the most part was not worth it IMO.I beleive RDA would have be open to Movies after Season 7.I hope he is still interested.

ses110
April 26th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Caty it would not surprise me at all if Jack never mentions Sam during the Season premiere.We all know how great TPTB are at following up the Ship from one Season to the next.IMO it makes no sense that Sam would need to be away from Jack to start Season 9.I know Sam just lost Jacob and broke up with Pete but I cannot see Sam wanting to be away from Jack.Sam had better be working on something vital to Earth's survival if she is not with Jack to start the Season.Sam and Jack have been waiting for 8 Years and at this point I doubt they would want to wait 8 Seconds to be together.After finally going Fishing together Sam and Jack should have at least gone on 1 Date or agreed to Date.TPTB are bringing back all of Sam's Man Friend and if Sam is still not with Jack the Sam character will look horrible IMO.It will look like Sam is ready to commit to Jack.

ses110
April 26th, 2005, 04:40 PM
nickatell and Mary as usual were on the same page.I also remember TPTB saying no RDA no new season.That was the best thing I ever heard from TPTB and now that's out the Window.I think it is very wrong to have an SG-1 show without RDA and the Jack character.TPTB should have SG-1 go into Movies like other Scifi Shows have instead of trying for more Seasons.It could have been a new challenge to TPTB and the Actors instead of the same Show minus RDA.

Uber
April 26th, 2005, 04:46 PM
nickatell and Mary as usual were on the same page.I also remember TPTB saying no RDA no new season.That was the best thing I ever heard from TPTB and now that's out the Window.I think it is very wrong to have an SG-1 show without RDA and the Jack character.TPTB should have SG-1 go into Movies like other Scifi Shows have instead of trying for more Seasons.It could have been a new challenge to TPTB and the Actors instead of the same Show minus RDA.
I'm not sure about this one...as much of an RDA fan that I am, because of his reduced time on air, I've come around to picking Carter as my favorite character and think she can carry a lot of the show on her own (which btw is why I'm sticking around). She's a phenominal actress and Carter is such a great character...

Now if she were to leave and it were just Daniel and Teal'c, I probably would have to regretfully pull up stakes and leave at that point...but Sam's sticking around and we get to enjoy more of SG-1's adventures on a weekly basis.

Plus with Sam still there, we have the potential of continuing the S/J arc which I believe will go on (as I stated above) and AT believes this as well...

sugarshaker
April 26th, 2005, 04:59 PM
snip

She really loved Jack. Her feelings for him were not based on the "I want him because I can't have him" concept she had thought it was.

See, the "I want him because I can't have him" concept is the problem that I have with Grace (one of them anyway). I've never seen any indication before then that she felt that way. IMO, that was something new that they just stuck in there in order to make way for Pete. I think Sam's feelings about Jack all along were based on:

Strength as a leader
Bravery
Honor
Sense of humor
Intelligence (yes, he acts dumb, but we know he's really not)
Modesty

I can't wrap my mind around Sam not realizing all along that those were the reasons she loved him.

P.S. That is one BODACIOUS sig! ;)

majorsal
April 26th, 2005, 05:02 PM
spoilers for s8's threads

(snipped)

2. Notice also how when he sits down, their body language begins to mirror each other. They hold their hands and shoulders the same way. I have seen them do that a lot. I think it's symbolic of their togetherness, oneness.

also notice once jack sits down next to sam, they slowly migrate towards one another until their shoulder are touching (and this is before jack puts his arm around her). :)

marimba26
April 26th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Another little tidbit posted at the Vartan Ho site (www.vartanhopics.com for those of you Alias/Michael Vartan fans)--

In an interview at Stargate SG-1 Solutions, writer Joe Mallozzi had this to say: "A good script is one that engages the viewer from start to finish. It tells a great story, presenting elements that invariably come together at script's end to create a nice, neat little narrative. It is driven by character and strong plotting, its development free of silly complications, conveniences, and contrivances that mark a lazy writer and demonstrate a complete lack of respect for the viewing audience. Sorry, that one's a pet peeve."

Rather ironic to see a Stargate PTB saying this, isn't it? I totally agree with it, it just doesn't seem like they followed it as well in S8--

silly complications--can we say Pete?
conveniences--we will not even TALK about the number of two-minute endings this season
contrivances--Moebius, need I say more? (I think I have waxed quite eloquently on that subject already lol)

For us, too, Joe! Actually, "pet peeve" sells it short, as it makes it sound like it's not that important, and it SO is! Writers should have the proper respect not only for their story and characters but also for their audience. Resorting to "silly complications" in order to build a story is flat-out bad writing. It's so refreshing to hear a TV writer acknowledge that contrivanced writing, which I think we have all seen and can easily recognize, ultimately shows a total disdain for the viewers. It's like having important guests over and deliberately serving them burned food on dirty, chipped plates. It's rude and lazy. Fans deserve to be served more than dreck. So, you rock, Joe! Thanks for Getting It!

And quel surprise, it's what the fans want too! Who knew? We don't want to be served dreck. We are not dumb and we don't need our plots or our ships dumbed down.

I posted the comments from the Vartan hos in addition to Joe's comment bc I thought they were VERY relevant to how some of us are feeling right about now. They've left us with some open-ended dribble and thus gotten away without answering "will-they-or-won't-they"? Personally, I don't feel like letting them off unscathed for it though. I agree with whoever said to protest by not watching repeats--it's exactly what I'm doing. I wait until BSG is on to turn on the TV. Funny, I don't miss a minute of BSG, even repeats. I used to feel that way about Stargate.

As for ship in Atlantis, I'm going to go on record as shipping for Lizzie and John. But I refuse to commit too heavily to it. After how they have treated shippers thus far, I'm not inclined to commit. So I take it lightly because they'll probably burn us just like they burned us with Sam and Jack.

As for the "moonlighting effect", it's crap. Someone said above that it was bc Bruce and Cybill weren't getting along off-screen and they are exactly right. I'm quite sure that translated into the show and THAT (not the ship) is more than likely what ruined it.

Lida
April 26th, 2005, 05:16 PM
You know, I just watched Grace again (for the humpteenth time) and was re-reminded why it was such a VITAL episode for Sam and Jack.

Without Grace, who knows when Sam would have started really thinking about what she's been lacking in her life? Without Grace, she might never have considered the possibility that she only cared for Jack because he was a "safe bet" and out of his reach...which was important. She NEEDED to consider this as a possibility and explore other options...so she could come to the correct conclusion that her feelings for Jack were real.

So as painful as it was to see her mentally say goodbye to him at the end of Grace, I look at it from the bigger picture that it was because of Grace that we got Threads. :D

But what did we really get in Threads????? More innuendo? I want resolution. I want Jack and Sam to ride off together into the Minnesota sunset. I want a happy ending......and I guess I'll get that when pigs fly. :(

Uber
April 26th, 2005, 05:21 PM
See, the "I want him because I can't have him" concept is the problem that I have with Grace (one of them anyway). I've never seen any indication before then that she felt that way. IMO, that was something new that they just stuck in there in order to make way for Pete. I think Sam's feelings about Jack all along were based on:

Strength as a leader
Bravery
Honor
Sense of humor
Intelligence (yes, he acts dumb, but we know he's really not)
Modesty

I can't wrap my mind around Sam not realizing all along that those were the reasons she loved him.

P.S. That is one BODACIOUS sig! ;)
Yes...well...BODACIOUS was what I was going for...so... :D

Regarding Grace, sure she admired all of those things for him...but it came down to the simple fact that "Jack" helped her see that he wasn't that complex a character...not too difficult to figure out. So the problem wasn't with him...she was the one with a decision to make.

In Grace, she decided that her feelings for him - not in general like the ones you've mentioned, but the romantic feelings - were based in her fear of true intimacy because he was "out of her reach" and therefore a "safe bet."

Now, I disagree with her conclusion...but I give her a break because she was suffering from a horrific concussion :D. Also, because of the conclusions she jumped to and decisions she made, she finally stretched her wings to find that elusive life Jack ordered her to get a while back, which was the first step on her path to Jack's doorstep.

I also disagree with others who think that, after Grace, she could have come to the understanding that she loved Jack for real without attempting a relationship with some other guy because the conclusions she made dictated that she try to find happiness with another man.

Then when she developed a rapport with Pete and found she was attracted to him, she thought that meant that this was in fact that life she had been avoiding. But then the reality struck her (house, dog, 'til death do us part with Pete) and she had a basis for comparison now between "a life" with Pete and her feelings for Jack...and that's how she fully came to realize her feelings for Jack were genuine.

Without that basis for comparison, I just don't see how she could have reached the conclusion she did in Threads that marrying Pete would be a huge honkin' mistake...because she really loved Jack.

sg-1fanintn
April 26th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I think we should start calling Uber.....Dr. Uber!

majorsal
April 26th, 2005, 05:34 PM

(((nickatell)))

i understand, honey. jack's my second fave character, and rda is the man i'm going to marry and have children with (must share this with him some day :p). but, if it were sam/amanda that was no longer going to be on... i wouldn't continue to watch. so i understand. :(

ses110
April 26th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Sam is a Great character and AT is great dont get me wrong but IMO it has been proven the Sam Daniel and Teal'c characters have not been able to carry the show without Jack in the episode or very little Jack.Maybe that changes with Season 9 but I have no desire to see them try without Jack.IMO the episodes that were either Sam Daniel or Teal'c heavy were very disappointing for the most part.I cannot remember too many Jack heavy episodes that did not work.I know alot of people will disagree but I really feel the Sam Daniel and Teal'c characters work Best as supporting characters to Jack.So far I have not been impressed when Sam Daniel and Teal'c have to take the lead.I think Season 7 and 8 proves that fact.

pittsburghgirl
April 26th, 2005, 05:50 PM
there was one thing her "jack vision" said that I really think that Sam took the wrong way he said Why don't you ask if you really wanna know?"-what do you think he really meant when he said that-i took it to mean-why don't you ask the real Jack if you really want to know-it was out there-hidden in plain site-her vision jack was asking her why she didnt just ask?

sg-1fanintn
April 26th, 2005, 05:51 PM
there was one thing her "jack vision" said that I really think that Sam took the wrong way he said Why don't you ask if you really wanna know?"-what do you think he really meant when he said that-i took it to mean-why don't you ask the real Jack if you really want to know-it was out there-hidden in plain site-her vision jack was asking her why she didnt just ask?

Very good point, pittsburghgirl. I think you're right!

Elkeli
April 26th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Oma, i'll get right on it :D

LOL4JACK
April 26th, 2005, 05:53 PM
This re-discovering all the old eps of SG-1 thanks to the shipper family is great, I've just watched "A Matter of Time" (the one with the dark hole, and I used to think that it was completly non-shippy and now I see shippiness everywhere :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

When Jack is looking at the screen talking about the man they are leaving behind, he says "He reminds me of Carter" making it more difficult for him to leave him behind.

And when at the end Sam is explaining what they have to do to save themselves, the "Other Colonel" yeah, the one that left him behind... says...

OC: Man.... she is....
Jack: Yeah, way smarter than we...

I don't know but I sensed a shippiness there...., you know men, what they really wanted to say was:

OC: Man... she is....
Jack: Way to smart and hot, so forget about her because she is MINE! :D:D:D

Don't yathink?

sg-1fanintn
April 26th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Yes! And at the first of the episode, when Sam was explaining wormhole theory to Jack was shippy too. She was having such fun with him (the apple, the worm boring its way through, etc.).

pittsburghgirl
April 26th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Sam is a Great character and AT is great dont get me wrong but IMO it has been proven the Sam Daniel and Teal'c characters have not been able to carry the show without Jack in the episode or very little Jack.Maybe that changes with Season 9 but I have no desire to see them try without Jack.IMO the episodes that were either Sam Daniel or Teal'c heavy were very disappointing for the most part.I cannot remember too many Jack heavy episodes that did not work.I know alot of people will disagree but I really feel the Sam Daniel and Teal'c characters work Best as supporting characters to Jack.So far I have not been impressed when Sam Daniel and Teal'c have to take the lead.I think Season 7 and 8 proves that fact.
you make a very good point-but i think that the fault lies with the writers and the boys in vancouver not with the inability of AT, CJ or MS to carry the show-i do think that they didn't make effective use of RDA-especially since he was pretty much in every episode in season 8. I also believe that his Jack was a bitter, angry and lonely man. I don't know how much of that was true to the way he wished to protray Jack or the way it ended up-and i think that we where short-sheeted as far as their relationship goes. It sitll don't know what caused Sam to approach Jack-because we had no indication she was unhappy with Pete-I was unhappy with Pete and happy enough to see it end-but i would have liked a more definitive resolution-and my big fear for season 9 is they will totally ignore it and act like it never happened

Uber
April 26th, 2005, 06:01 PM
But what did we really get in Threads????? More innuendo? I want resolution. I want Jack and Sam to ride off together into the Minnesota sunset. I want a happy ending......and I guess I'll get that when pigs fly. :(
We have hope...they didn't ditch the issue in Season 8...TPTB faced it as best they could in lieu of the Air Force restrictions to which they had to adhere.

We got AT saying there's somewhere for Sam and Jack to go thanks to Season 8.

We also got fishing...and TPTB made clear that meant more than FISHING.

Not only that we got fishing TWICE. (Okay, it was the same fishing trip...but heck, they showed it twice plus there was that slight difference into which I can read all kinds of things).

So let's just see if TPTB stay true to the Sam/Jack character development of Season 8...

Uber
April 26th, 2005, 06:04 PM
you make a very good point-but i think that the fault lies with the writers and the boys in vancouver not with the inability of AT, CJ or MS to carry the show-i do think that they didn't make effective use of RDA-especially since he was pretty much in every episode in season 8. I also believe that his Jack was a bitter, angry and lonely man. I don't know how much of that was true to the way he wished to protray Jack or the way it ended up-and i think that we where short-sheeted as far as their relationship goes. It sitll don't know what caused Sam to approach Jack-because we had no indication she was unhappy with Pete-I was unhappy with Pete and happy enough to see it end-but i would have liked a more definitive resolution-and my big fear for season 9 is they will totally ignore it and act like it never happened
I had my doubts about whether or not Sam could lead the team and carry the show successfully...until It's Good to Be King...

And if they have some phone calls between Sam and Jack like in Citizen Joe, that will carry me through...

Myrth
April 26th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Hi I'm new...

Just wanted to pop up and say hi... how does one join the ship family?

This thread is just so pretty I couldn't resist.

LOL4JACK
April 26th, 2005, 06:23 PM
We have hope...they didn't ditch the issue in Season 8...TPTB faced it as best they could in lieu of the Air Force restrictions to which they had to adhere.

We got AT saying there's somewhere for Sam and Jack to go thanks to Season 8.

We also got fishing...and TPTB made clear that meant more than FISHING.

Not only that we got fishing TWICE. (Okay, it was the same fishing trip...but heck, they showed it twice plus there was that slight difference into which I can read all kinds of things).

So let's just see if TPTB stay true to the Sam/Jack character development of Season 8...
As our dear Uber has said before... we have to look at the BIG PICTURE :p TPTB should not throw away 8 years of storyline.

Additionally they should over all stay true to the characters:

JACK: Only a powerfull reason would make him leave the SGC, the action, "his team", his friends, his home and go to Washington.... to do politics....
SAM: She "theoretically" thought that she loved Pete, but finally came to her senses, she knows who she wants and despite regulations, she went to talk to him and tell him how she felt, so now that he is not her CO, can't imagine what she will do... :p :p :p

Otherwise they will be jeopardizing their integrity as writers, producers and TPTB