PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

tauripeg
April 21st, 2005, 02:48 AM
My favorite smooch is gotta go to Grace sooo much chemistry! I think I saw a tongue too!!!
There's a tie for 2nd WoO aboustly loved that one! I think that was the first ep. I ever watched of Stargate and that made me a Shipper! Also the point of view kiss was just really sweet ;)

My favorite hug is Heroes! Jack making Sam feel better is always good and did Jack kiss Sam's neck hhhmmm....

How about everyone's favorite head on shoulder moment.......
Favorite head on shoulder moment-Metamorphosis. When he told her to get some rest she could have just laid down, but she put her head on his shoulder. very nice.

pittsburghgirl
April 21st, 2005, 03:08 AM
Very well put Uber SG-1 Fan and Mary.I Love watching and finding out what happens next with the characters.I do not Love the special affect or Weapons.I get hooked on the Characters and there Adventures.I get hooked on my favorite characters and when they leave it does not matter to me what Actor or Character they bring in as a replacement it's never going to be the same.Law and Order does a great Job but I want to know my Favorite character will be on next week and I need to follow my favorite character more than follow a new story each week.I want to see my character on the Job and sometiems outside of the Job.I also want to see my Character get involved in Shippy and non Shippy relationships.I do not want my character acting like a Robot with only there Focus on there work.R2-D2 and C-3PO are great but I would not want to watch them every week.
applause, applause.

pittsburghgirl

sueKay
April 21st, 2005, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by ses110
Very well put Uber SG-1 Fan and Mary.I Love watching and finding out what happens next with the characters.I do not Love the special affect or Weapons.I get hooked on the Characters and there Adventures.I get hooked on my favorite characters and when they leave it does not matter to me what Actor or Character they bring in as a replacement it's never going to be the same.Law and Order does a great Job but I want to know my Favorite character will be on next week and I need to follow my favorite character more than follow a new story each week.I want to see my character on the Job and sometiems outside of the Job.I also want to see my Character get involved in Shippy and non Shippy relationships.I do not want my character acting like a Robot with only there Focus on there work.R2-D2 and C-3PO are great but I would not want to watch them every week.

Hear Hear!

Why do you think the original Star Trek was such a success? It was because it was the first time a science fiction show had focussed on the characters.
That's also the reason Enterprise has been doing so badly...It focussed too much on the Xindi and the Temporal Cold War, all the while distancing the main character from the audience and ignoring several other characters too.

I guarantee that if SG1 had focussed on the death gliders and mother ships more than the baddies (eg Apophis) and the characters, the show would not have been picked up beyond season two, let alone season nine.

Sci Fi shows do need things like ships blowing up, but the sci fi genre was created so that humanity could examine itself. Examine problems in society. Be non-judgemental to other races and ways of life. All the while focusing on individuals personalities and actions. Including those of a personal or romantic nature.

If there was no personal conflict be it romantic or a character clash, sci fi would not be so popular. What separates this genre from any other is the ability to places these things in a context, compared to soap operas that are completely over the top. It allows us to percieve things in perspective.

Sci Fi needs it's characters to be fallible. To make mistakes and screw up. Without that element, SG1 would lose all meaning.

And I'm babbling now...I hope I got my point across.

sueKay
April 21st, 2005, 03:27 AM
How does this sound for a petition mission statement?

Watch Stargate SG1? Like Sam and Jack? Want them together? Were left scratching your head in confusion at the end of season eight?

This is the petition for you!

SamandJackTogether is the second annual petition for fans of Stargate SG1 who support the relationship between two of the lead characters - Samantha Carter and Jack O'Neill.

By signing this, you are showing your support for the progression and evolution of a romantic relationship between two ranking (albethey fictional) officers of the United States Air Force.

Please do not include any hateful or disrespectful comments or story ideas, as this will be hopefully be sent to the producers of the show.

Thank you for your time, and thank you for signing

sugarshaker
April 21st, 2005, 07:05 AM
Exactly what I was getting at only much clearer! The cons are about having fun and getting excited again. It's nice to be excited about your fave show again and that's the one thing I've taken away from both of the cons I have been to now!

You guys make me want to go to the Vancouver con. Maybe next year. . . . :)

TameFarrar
April 21st, 2005, 08:12 AM
*musing* I haven't read ALL the pages that got posted while I was at the con but I did read the last few. I definitely raised my hand as being a shipper when they asked. I thought hard about why there weren't more shippy questions, and to be honest, it didn't even OCCUR to me to ask the question - mostly because I know there's no way they can answer that to my satisfaction, and for me at least cons tend not to be so much about castigating TPTB for things that I didn't like that already happened, but to express excitement about the future and to get to know the people behind the magic a little better :D
I guess in that way ses and I are very different - not in a bad way, but just in terms of what we want to come away from a con with.
I had a fantastic time - I'm still slightly suprised at how well the six of us sharing the rooms got along :D I got to talk in depth with a few people, and was impressed again and again with how enthusiastic they all are, and how much they appreciate our support. More than one person went out of their way to ensure we had a good time - Bruce, Rainbow, Martin and Courtenay at dinner, the Creation people at the con, the directors (Martin, Andy and John) who spent an hour or so meeting fans and signing autographs voluntarily for no other reason than they wanted to.
All the people at the Bridge Studios who lit the sets, guided us through them and made sure we didn't sneak off and hide somewere, ALL of them volunteered to do that, in their own precious free time - I chatted to one or two of them, and they said they were doing it because they loved seeing us all so enthusiastic and enjoying so much of what slave away on - I think seeing our excitement made them look at it through fresh eyes. :D

What I think I sometimes forget is that these guys are fans of the show too, they have to be, to spend so much of their lives and invest so much of themselves in it - which is not to say that I don't sometimes vehemently disagree with their choices, but now more than ever I respect that THEY think they're doing the right thing.

And on the bright side, the crowd more than adequately demonstrated how much Pete is disliked! :p :D They got THAT message loud and clear...
well said Dr KG :)...I too can say that ever person, be it actor, con worker or stage crew...really went the extra mile for all of us and really tried to ensure we had a great time overall. I won't repeat all tha Kiwigator said but I wholeheartedly agree with everything she said :)

Also I can say *originally* I was only planning on going to the Con if Amanda was there....but right about that time... a few other people expressed interest in coming and joining me and Marimba26. Well as you all know now it became the *Gang of 6*..... THAT was a HUGE reason that I went as well...I met people from HERE, women I chat with on this forum on a daily basis and women who's opinions I respect and I LOVE their humor.

The Con was without a doubt a BLAST and the actors and PTBs helped make that BUT it was also the 5 women I shared my time with. THEY made my time fun period...

It was and could be again just about meeting the actors...but I found out that it was about meeting and making some very good friends as well :D

TameFarrar
April 21st, 2005, 08:16 AM
yay! :D

did anyone cheer or anything?

I DEFINITELY cheered and I clapped so much and so hard I had bruises on my hands by the end of the day :D

now there's a bright spot! :p

and seeing as the majority of fans there weren't shippers and they 'still' cheered... :D :D

sally :D
Yup....EVERYONE let their dislike of the *Pete* storyline be heard so it really was nice that RCC got that message :D

melpomene
April 21st, 2005, 08:57 AM
Favorite head on shoulder moment-Metamorphosis. When he told her to get some rest she could have just laid down, but she put her head on his shoulder. very nice.

I thought there was somthing very soft and special about that moment. I mean other shots with them together, even touching, physical stuff, can be considered just friendly if your skeptical about it. But that moment, when sam looks at Teal'c and he turns away, and she rests her head on Jack's shoulder. It's like this complete, perfect moment in time. It only lasts for about a second but the feeling of quiet love is so strong, I can't beleive it could be contrued as anything but the purest of ship.

TameFarrar
April 21st, 2005, 09:13 AM
I thought there was somthing very soft and special about that moment. I mean other shots with them together, even touching, physical stuff, can be considered just friendly if your skeptical about it. But that moment, when sam looks at Teal'c and he turns away, and she rests her head on Jack's shoulder. It's like this complete, perfect moment in time. It only lasts for about a second but the feeling of quiet love is so strong, I can't beleive it could be contrued as anything but the purest of ship.
I so totally agree with you here.... Especially when Teal'c even NODS before he turns away...he so understands that Sam thinks she is possibly going to die and she wants to feel close to Jack before she can't remember or feel anything.... Wonderful, Beautiful shippy moment :D

girlgater
April 21st, 2005, 09:18 AM
Like I said earlier this week, Teal'c is the original shipper! :D

It was such a sad moment with all of them thinking that she would suffer the same fate as the native and the Russian guy. I guess realizing that she may die was enough to put aside the regulations (shame they couldn't do that all the time, but then it reflects how strong their characters are)...

melpomene
April 21st, 2005, 09:51 AM
Like I said earlier this week, Teal'c is the original shipper! :D

It was such a sad moment with all of them thinking that she would suffer the same fate as the native and the Russian guy. I guess realizing that she may die was enough to put aside the regulations (shame they couldn't do that all the time, but then it reflects how strong their characters are)...

It seems like tragedy is the only time they can even come close to expressing the depth of thier feelings for each other. I mean there are the happy-go-lucky flirting moments, and the tense fleeting jealousy, but mostly it's the painful times that free them more than anything else. For two people who don't feel like they can hug each other hello, or goodbye, the only time they can express those things is in pain. Which woudn't make them desire bad things to happen, but must bring come comfort in a way. To show your feelings for once. It has to help a little.

Gatetrixer
April 21st, 2005, 10:03 AM
Uber, I try and I try and I know I've heard it somewhere else... but I can't remember :( :( :(

I re-watched Entity and there was kinda off a shippy song, but it was not with the ding, ding, dingy, ding... used in Threads

Okay, went thru some eps last night and..............

BTS: S/J walking along after opening credits, he says something about "stamina." You'd think it would be during the head on shoulder or final convo about "sir"but I didn't hear it that way. There are similar themes.

Grace:Nope, I didn't hear it at the end, as someone said. Will have to listen again. (do I have a life?)

Death Knell: Aha, when he puts his arm around her. It's so endearing how he hesitates, then does it. That's quite a scene, esp. when the camera pans from above and we see Teal'c with his back to them " watching" the dead Supersoldier.

Divide and Conquer: When Sam tells him they aren't Zatarcs and explains about "respective ranks, etc." Is Jack playing dumb or does he really not realize what she is trying to tell him?
When Jack is being tested and he tells why he wouldn't leave.

marimba26
April 21st, 2005, 10:24 AM
*raises hand*

Marimba - read my sig

I'M A PROUD JOHN/AERYN ANTI SHIPPER (imo it wrecked the show and was the reason I quit watching)

As you'll notice, I said that there aren't that many NOT that there are none.

Gatetrixer
April 21st, 2005, 10:26 AM
yes! it was very intimate AND sexy at the same time. it wasn't just a couple of ppl kissing, it was who was kissing whom. those details (neck caressing and kissing of the bottom lip) spoke volumes about where this sam's head (and heart) were.

sally :)

It is very sexy, but I get the impression watching it that AUSam is doing just about all of it, Jack is human after all and responds some, but it's AUSam, so in that respect I can't count it as being first on my list.

LOL4JACK
April 21st, 2005, 10:58 AM
*raises hand*

Marimba - read my sig

I'M A PROUD JOHN/AERYN ANTI SHIPPER (imo it wrecked the show and was the reason I quit watching)

BUT

My ships outweight my anti ships!

And...I've just remembered...it's time I started the shipper petition!

There's going to be a change this year, and the petition's going to run for longer. I'm going to open it in the next few days online (ala F.O.R.D)

I know it's a bit pointless seeing RDA's barely in next season, BUT if the petition's big enough...maybe JM or Martin Gero will say something :D

So...what do you think? Do you think I should start the petition again? If so, raise you hands![/

Hands raising!!!! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_6_14.gif :D

melpomene
April 21st, 2005, 11:02 AM

BTS: S/J walking along after opening credits, he says something about "stamina." You'd think it would be during the head on shoulder or final convo about "sir"but I didn't hear it that way. There are similar themes.

Grace:Nope, I didn't hear it at the end, as someone said. Will have to listen again. (do I have a life?)

Death Knell: Aha, when he puts his arm around her. It's so endearing how he hesitates, then does it. That's quite a scene, esp. when the camera pans from above and we see Teal'c with his back to them " watching" the dead Supersoldier.

Divide and Conquer: When Sam tells him they aren't Zatarcs and explains about "respective ranks, etc." Is Jack playing dumb or does he really not realize what she is trying to tell him?

Beneathe The Surface

Jack: you know you could take a few minutes off

Sam: Please, you work just as hard as I do

Jack: That's different, it's called stamina

I love the way they come together even after having their memories erased, they somehow find each other. And he's still loooking out for her...

Does anyone here know where I can find Caty? I need to ask her something and she doensn't hang here anymore. Please P/M me any info as I'll have to leave the thread soon :(

Cassie
April 21st, 2005, 11:09 AM

I think they also played "their song" in....

There But for the Grace of God-when AU Sam and Jack hug and kiss *sigh*

Rogue
April 21st, 2005, 11:31 AM
I think they also played "their song" in....

There But for the Grace of God-when AU Sam and Jack hug and kiss *sigh*

How about Evolution Part I, where Jack tell Sam he has to go find Daniel? Does anyone remember?

Kri
April 21st, 2005, 11:44 AM
i'm sorry, kri, if i made you feel defensive about not asking s/j questions at the con. i'm sorry to anyone if i made them feel that way. it's all really how 'others' have made us feel over time, like we shouldn't ask because it's such a hush-hush subject. like how we were treated when we posted ship questions to joe on the ask joe thread. so someone doesn't want to read the same question over and over. then don't read it, but don't tell me what i can and can't ask in a free forum. it's all the same thing, of how we've been subjugated into feeling like we're second class citizens because we like sam and jack ship. my response - i'm here. i ain't going anywhere. deal with it.

No defensiveness here, just trying to explain myself a little better. :D I know what you mean about feeling like second class citizens. There was a non-shipper sitting in the front row right next to me, but it didn't stop me from applauding for the ship-heavy video they showed. (as it didn't keep others from booing). I get the impression that a lot of the non-shippers believe that it is the ONLY reason some of us watch the show. And in my case, that isn't true. Once this lady next to me understood that I DID love other aspects of the show, she wasn't so down on me. We ended up having a great time talking throughout the events all weekend.

There are a lot of assumptions made, especially when you claim yourself as being part of a group. All have their good and their bad aspects. I have always loved Jack and Sam shippiness, and I'd admit it anywhere. :D

Kri
April 21st, 2005, 11:51 AM
Exactly what I was getting at only much clearer! The cons are about having fun and getting excited again. It's nice to be excited about your fave show again and that's the one thing I've taken away from both of the cons I have been to now!

AND they are also about planning for your next con because you have had so much fun at the most recent one ;) I am not sure if Creation is planning one for Dallas next year again (they didn't sell seats for next year like they did at the Burbank con last year), but that might give me the opportunity to get up to Vancouver next year. I'd have two big disappointments to have to prepare myself for tho..... no chance of running into RDA, and no photos on the set. Marimba (or anyone else who went), could you PM me about the set visit? I am curious as to why they didn't allow photos, but have always done so in the past. As a scrapbooker and photo lover, I'da been one disappointed chick!

Next time I go to a con, I want to be with some shippers! My friends aren't non-shippers, they just love Daniel. :p

ps Marimba, thanks for the jello! It won't let me give you any yet!

marimba26
April 21st, 2005, 11:53 AM
No defensiveness here, just trying to explain myself a little better. :D I know what you mean about feeling like second class citizens. There was a non-shipper sitting in the front row right next to me, but it didn't stop me from applauding for the ship-heavy video they showed. (as it didn't keep others from booing). I get the impression that a lot of the non-shippers believe that it is the ONLY reason some of us watch the show. And in my case, that isn't true. Once this lady next to me understood that I DID love other aspects of the show, she wasn't so down on me. We ended up having a great time talking throughout the events all weekend.

There are a lot of assumptions made, especially when you claim yourself as being part of a group. All have their good and their bad aspects. I have always loved Jack and Sam shippiness, and I'd admit it anywhere. :D
Thanks for saying that Kri--I think it's right on the money. When I go to a con, I'm still a shipper but I'm there first and foremost to enjoy the show. I'm also not going to ruin it for anyone else. I wouldn't like it if someone stood up and blasted the actors for something I loved and I can't imagine anyone else would either.

Ship is a sensitive subject--just look at this thread. We all agree on the basics (we like Sam and Jack together) and yet we can't necessarily agree on other things. That's what makes us different. So the attitude I take is that I am first and foremost at the con bc I love the show. That doesn't mean that I agree with everyone there about everything else but we can at least agree on that. So if that means that I don't rip apart a PTB on stage for something I take issue about so that everyone has a good time, then so be it. It doesn't make me any less a shipper.

ohshocking
April 21st, 2005, 11:58 AM
How does this sound for a petition mission statement?
It sounds brilliant! Where do we sign? :D

No defensiveness here, just trying to explain myself a little better. I know what you mean about feeling like second class citizens. There was a non-shipper sitting in the front row right next to me, but it didn't stop me from applauding for the ship-heavy video they showed. (as it didn't keep others from booing). I get the impression that a lot of the non-shippers believe that it is the ONLY reason some of us watch the show. And in my case, that isn't true. Once this lady next to me understood that I DID love other aspects of the show, she wasn't so down on me. We ended up having a great time talking throughout the events all weekend.
People actually boo shippy vids? I've never been to a con, so I don't know. Wow, that's... well, I don't know, I wouldn't actively boo a, say, Jack/Daniel vid, even though it's not my cup of tea, people have put a lot of effort into making them, so it seems a little rude. However, I would boo Pete, so... :D

I think it's a common misconception, that just because we shippers love Sam/Jack it's all we watch the show for. If I only watched it for that, I think I'd have got frustrated years ago and given up! I enjoy lots of other aspects of the show, the humour, the action, the characters (without the ship)... etc, as I'm sure you all do too. I'm glad you got talking to the lady and had a great time!

Cassie
April 21st, 2005, 12:15 PM

Agree it is a misconception. Believe me if I only cared about Sam/Jack I would have killed over in frustration years ago :D About the music videos IMO think it's common courtesy not to boo over the vids. If they don't like the vid. fine but some people might. I wouldn't boo over a Daniel/Jack Vid. They played a vid. at the convention in VA that sort of had shippy scenes and I screamed my little head of!!! :D

Little OT but I'm Celebrating my 200th Post!!!! Ya!!!!

http://dianekateri.freeservers.com/bts/bts46.jpg

Kri
April 21st, 2005, 12:31 PM
Agree it is a misconception. Believe me if I only cared about Sam/Jack I would have killed over in frustration years ago :D About the music videos IMO think it's common courtesy not to boo over the vids. If they don't like the vid. fine but some people might. I wouldn't boo over a Daniel/Jack Vid. They played a vid. at the convention in VA that sort of had shippy scenes and I screamed my little head of!!! :D

Little OT but I'm Celebrating my 200th Post!!!! Ya!!!!

http://dianekateri.freeservers.com/bts/bts46.jpg

Yea for 200!!! I passed right by 900 and didn't even notice! Dork! Someday I hope to become a system lord. ;)

Back to work now, everyone have a great day!

sg-1fanintn
April 21st, 2005, 12:50 PM
I've been catching up on what was posted since I went to bed last night, specifically on the issue of the number of shippers at the Vancouver event.

From my media background, this observation:

It doesn't really matter how many shippers or non-shippers were there, because the make-up of convention attendees doesn't mirror a scientific sample. What I'd like to know is who makes up the viewership of Stargate SG-1. Male? Female? 18-34? 25-54? What percentages? I'd like to see some hard numbers, because decisions about the direction of shows are most often made based on this type of data.

I asked Joe this question a couple of weeks ago, but of course, it hasn't been answered. The base rating for a show (the 2.2 or whatever that Gateworld posts after each new episode airs) only shows the percentage of people, or the number of sets, tuned to a certain show at a certain time. To really know who the viewers are takes demographic research.

I'm sure A. C. Nielsen has it. I'm sure the Sci Fi channel has it. And unless one of you works there, or knows someone who does, I don't know any way of getting that info.....unless you're getting ready to place a commercial buy on Sci Fi. Anyone have a few million to spend promoting our S/J ship? I didn't think so.

Just an observation about the relevance of numbers......Back to work!

TameFarrar
April 21st, 2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks for saying that Kri--I think it's right on the money. When I go to a con, I'm still a shipper but I'm there first and foremost to enjoy the show. I'm also not going to ruin it for anyone else. I wouldn't like it if someone stood up and blasted the actors for something I loved and I can't imagine anyone else either.

Ship is a sensitive subject--just look at this thread. We all agree on the basics (we like Sam and Jack together) and yet we can't necessarily agree on other things. That's what makes us different. So the attitude I take is that I am first and foremost at the con bc I love the show. That doesn't mean that I agree with everyone there about everything else but we can at least agree on that. So if that means that I don't rip apart a PTB on stage for something I take issue about so that everyone has a good time, then so be it. It doesn't make me any less a shipper.
I will add my two cents to this discussion :)

I too liked the show for all sorts of reasons before I became a *shipper* but I fell in LOVE with the Sam & Jack aspect of the show :D

However, that being said I never once thought that I should walk up to the mike at the Con and be rude or disrespectful. I had a few questions that I really did want to ask TPTB but because of the schedule I felt it wouldn't work out. In BW and RCC panel there were lines. RCC would have been the perfect one to ask and I had worked out a nice and respectful way to ask about the show overall and Sam & Jack. But again... I didn't get to. Marimba did get a chance to ask one very astute question and she is NOT kidding...RCC just blew off the question. In fact I really don't think RCC really *answered* any questions...he just talked about what he wanted and offered added things to what Brad Wright was actually answering.

Brad answered most things and since he is heading SGA he would talk more about the past SG1 and not any specifics.

I am reading that some are thinking about a petition for RDA to return...let me tell you what TPTB had to say about RDA being in the show any longer.....

Martin Wood said that RDA had originally only signed up for 5 seasons PERIOD....they talked and talked and talked and finally RDA agreed to more. However, RDA just wanted to have his life with his daughter. In NO WAY was RDA being a prima donna or anything of that sort...he just said this is what I have available and TPTB said Yes... Each season thereafter TPTB are the ones that did keep RDA in the show even when RDA really did just want to retire. Martin Wood said VERY CLEARLY...RDA arranged his life to be on the show FOR THE FANS FIRST and for TPTB second.So the last 3 years has been for us...the fans.... I think it would be nice if we could be just as gracious and let the man go about his life now as he wishes.

I realize that Sam & Jack as a couple really won't *BE* anymore however, we have no clue what storyline they will build with the *Characters* and Sam & Jack could be dating as a back story...we don't KNOW ANYTHING and the only way we will is to watch the show come S9.

Sadly, it won't be what any of us shippers want in the long run...however, we do need to be mature and responsible fans and if that means you quit watching then that is what works for you :). Also if you keep watching and find other aspects of the show that appeal to you again ...then good for you too :D

My point in all of this is....THIS...this thread is about discussing ALL that we feel about Sam & Jack...if all we have left is just the last 8 years then lets discuss our favorite stuff.

I will be the first Shipper to say YUP TPTB SCREWED S&J up...however, guess what...I can't change it..:) I so wish I could but I can't. So I move on. I think too that nitpicking each other is NOT the way to go.

We ALL have the right to voice ALL feelings about the Sam & Jack relationship:) Even if I don't agree with what someone says I will fight continuously for their right to say it....so maybe we need to keep that in mind as well when we are posting :)

Sam & Jack are our common ground and we all love that *Aspect* of the show....so if you hated what happened or if you were fine with it or if you just loved it....then you are welcome to say so.... THAT is what we as a Shipper FAMILY are about:D

Now to end my *preaching* on a Happy note........ SHIMMERINGSTAR has posted her new Fic on GW and FanFic.net..... It is WONDERFUL and She really does a good job of getting into Sam's head and giving us insight to what she might have been feeling :D...I definitely recommend it!!!

marimba26
April 21st, 2005, 01:04 PM
It doesn't really matter how many shippers or non-shippers were there, because the make-up of convention attendees doesn't mirror a scientific sample. What I'd like to know is who makes up the viewership of Stargate SG-1. Male? Female? 18-34? 25-54? What percentages? I'd like to see some hard numbers, because decisions about the direction of shows are most often made based on this type of data.

I asked Joe this question a couple of weeks ago, but of course, it hasn't been answered. The base rating for a show (the 2.2 or whatever that Gateworld posts after each new episode airs) only shows the percentage of people, or the number of sets, tuned to a certain show at a certain time. To really know who the viewers are takes demographic research.

EXCELLENT point, SG-1FaninTN! Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of that fact. I've seen online polls to try and decide how many shippers/non-shippers were out there but what matters in the end is demographics. I have actually seen some demographic info posted on the USA today website (sorry I can't remember the addy, I got there through Google). They post the ratings in key demographics each week for the top shows (they do give a comprehensive listing for cable as well) but you would have to remember to check every week bc they don't archive ratings. I haven't had much luck tracking them elsewhere (GW posts the overall rating but no details).

You are absolutely right though, in the end it's all about numbers because numbers are what sells advertising and if more people than ever watch an ep then that's what we will get (even if it's not to our taste).

marimba26
April 21st, 2005, 01:10 PM
I will add my two cents to this discussion :)

<snip>

My point in all of this is....THIS...this thread is about discussing ALL that we feel about Sam & Jack...if all we have left is just the last 8 years then lets discuss our favorite stuff.

I will be the first Shipper to say YUP TPTB SCREWED S&J up...however, guess what...I can't change it..:) I so wish I could but I can't. So I move on. I think too that nitpicking each other is NOT the way to go.

We ALL have the right to voice ALL feelings about the Sam & Jack relationship:) Even if I don't agree with what someone says I will fight continuously for their right to say it....so maybe we need to keep that in mind as well when we are posting :)

Sam & Jack are our common ground and we all love that *Aspect* of the show....so if you hated what happened or if you were fine with it or if you just loved it....then you are welcome to say so.... THAT is what we as a Shipper FAMILY are about:D

Here! Here! Well said! Thank you for putting it in a nutshell! I agree 100%! :D

Now to end my *preaching* on a Happy note........ SHIMMERINGSTAR has posted her new Fic on GW and FanFic.net..... It is WONDERFUL and She really does a good job of getting into Sam's head and giving us insight to what she might have been feeling :D...I definitely recommend it!!!

Yep! A very good read! :D

Catysg1
April 21st, 2005, 02:49 PM
It seems like tragedy is the only time they can even come close to expressing the depth of thier feelings for each other. I mean there are the happy-go-lucky flirting moments, and the tense fleeting jealousy, but mostly it's the painful times that free them more than anything else. For two people who don't feel like they can hug each other hello, or goodbye, the only time they can express those things is in pain. Which woudn't make them desire bad things to happen, but must bring come comfort in a way. To show your feelings for once. It has to help a little.

The hug in Deathknell was great too ...She was so hurt and even didn't want to look at Jack for comfort until he asked her to "come here" ...this moment was not as beautiful as the metamorphosis one because Pete was already in the picture ..and that's probably why Jack hesitated a little ..same for Sam really ..I don't think they knew what to do but he is always there for her , no matter what ..and he was dying to put her arms around her :)

Metamorphosis hug is very special ..I agree because everybody thought she was about to die ..and I so love Teal'c ...he loves to watch Sam and Jack being close to each other ..He always has that smile on his face when they get close by either touching or sitting close and talking to each other ...I think Teal'c knows as much as Jacob knew about those 2 :)

Caty:)

Rogue
April 21st, 2005, 03:30 PM
The hug in Deathknell was great too ...She was so hurt and even didn't want to look at Jack for comfort until he asked her to "come here" ...this moment was not as beautiful as the metamorphosis one because Pete was already in the picture ..and that's probably why Jack hesitated a little ..same for Sam really ..I don't think they knew what to do but he is always there for her , no matter what ..and he was dying to put her arms around her :)

Metamorphosis hug is very special ..I agree because everybody thought she was about to die ..and I so love Teal'c ...he loves to watch Sam and Jack being close to each other ..He always has that smile on his face when they get close by either touching or sitting close and talking to each other ...I think Teal'c knows as much as Jacob knew about those 2 :)

Yeah, I always thought that Teal'c would be the one to give Jack a kick in the butt.

LOL4JACK
April 21st, 2005, 03:32 PM

Kri.. Ship Heave video? :D :D :D

Oma-1
April 21st, 2005, 04:02 PM

I *love* Metamorphosis. It's so poignantly shippy. At the first sign of Sam's discomfort ....

O’NEILL: What?
CARTER: Nothing, I’m fine.
O’NEILL: Get some rest. That’s an order.

I think it shows just how much of an understanding there is between Sam & Jack that she immediately puts her head on his shoulder and gets comfortable. Jack's not surprised by this, but is so worried. It's so sad that even when one of them is about to die, the only way they can express their feelings is by small gestures. They deserve so much more than that.

I also think its just wonderful the way that Teal'c gives them privacy. We were all agreeing that Teal'c is the ultimate S/J shipper, and he shows it again here.

I also love near the end, when Jack finally gets taken to Niirti, he's straight to the point. He knows there is little time left for Sam and he's desperate to save her. I think this is the nearest we see Jack come to begging.

O'NEILL: Can you undo what you’ve done to Carter?

Straight to the point - unusual for Jack, he's usually sarcastic with the Goa'ulds; this shows how worried he is for Sam.

NIRRTI: If I choose to.
O’NEILL: I let you go once. We made a deal, I honoured it.
NIRRTI: I told you then I would not have done the same.

Damn goa'ulds. No sense of honour.

O’NEILL: Fix what you’ve done to Carter, let the rest of my team go, that’s all I ask. You can do whatever you want to me.

I'm starting to see a pattern in my fave eps - Entity, D&C, Metamorphosis .... Sam's just a hairs' breadth away from death, and Jack's not going to accept it - he'll do anything it takes to save her and be with her, including giving up his own life.

*sigh* isn't ship wonderful :)

Oma-1
April 21st, 2005, 04:03 PM
sueKay

The petition sounds great to me! Where do you post it - on thread or is it a separate thing?

Oma-1
April 21st, 2005, 04:08 PM
I DEFINITELY cheered and I clapped so much and so hard I had bruises on my hands by the end of the day :D

Yup....EVERYONE let their dislike of the *Pete* storyline be heard so it really was nice that RCC got that message :D
:D why am I sooooo not surprised at the reaction to Pete :p

Its good that all fans agreed on that one. I hope RCC takes notice of the message and doesn't go anywhere remotely like this again ... :p

Oma-1
April 21st, 2005, 04:10 PM
((((((((((((Melpomeme))))))))))))))))

So well expressed. Purest of ship .... that's beautiful :)

Oma-1
April 21st, 2005, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I always thought that Teal'c would be the one to give Jack a kick in the butt.
LOL, me too. T's been watching them for years! :p I know he's the strong, silent, patient one, but even T knows that when it's time to act ... it's time to act :D

Oma-1
April 21st, 2005, 04:18 PM
((((((Bev)))))))

You just got me my 6th glowy jello and made me a loyal advisor ..... er, wasn't I one already :confused: :p :D

*looks at sig - squints a bit - looks again* :confused: :confused: :confused:

Catysg1
April 21st, 2005, 04:19 PM
I understand why RDA wants to retire and spend more time with his family ( Good for him) but I hope that he will come back for at least the finale of season 9 ..specially if it is the last season ..he opened the show and I think it's very important for him to close it to . :)

I Honestly think that season 9 will tank without RDA ...I don't think the ratings will go higher ...even with BB on board ...The only way it can do well is to rename the show ..why ?!!! because many people do not know about the Stargate SG1 show or they know about it but because they missed like 8 seasons ..they don't want to watch it half way through it .

On the other hand ..I know that some of them who have not watched SG1 at all .... decided to watch Atlantis from season 1 this year and they liked it ...I know that they are not relating Atlantis to SG1 because they know nothing about SG1 ...

....so what I'm saying is ...if they rename the show ..they have a greater chance to attract those people I was talking about ...If they don't :( well it will still be the same old fans ( without the shippers) and perhaps some of the farscape fans ( which is fine ...but they can't be that many )

As much as I liked the Farscape show ..I only saw a few episodes ..specially the John and Aeyrin episodes ..I was not really interested in the other aliens and the peacekeepers.. ect ...I did have a problem to understant that storyline ..and also the pilote of Moya ..and that Moya was alive ...I didn't get that too much ...I liked the miniserie though ...very good ..the ending was excellent ...stopping the war by theatening eveybody will die in the fire wormhole even Moya will explode with John , Aeryn , baby and the crew ..that was excellent ...I also enjoyed the very end scene ..with John lifting the baby a la lion king ..although that was very predictable :)

I like fiction ..but I prefer when it is slighly more real ...like Stargate ...at least the SPACEships are made of solid metal ..and the Stargate too . ;)

I saw wish that the show could be renamed a little ...and not be called SG1 because it is not SG1 anymore ..not the same original team ..therefore SG whatever but not number 1 ..cuz will never be number 1 for me :)

Still I will watch like I did with Atlantis ..but I gave up in the middle of Atlantis ..I expect the same will happen to me for Season 9 but I 'll see ...So far , I'm giving it a chance although I wish there would not be any season 9 .
I think that season 9 is the last one for both RDA and AT too ...Season 9 is the perfect exit for Amanda ..she just had a baby , will do 13 episodes and will say good bye to her fans with Jack/RDA back on time for the finale .

majorsal
April 21st, 2005, 04:58 PM

(edited) uh... i 'thought' i was putting in a smiley face that also said thanks, but it looks like some odd add for real estate :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

so, here's some smileys...

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Skydiver
April 21st, 2005, 05:03 PM
aah, guys, let's not even JOKE about lynching.

it's not a joke and especially wouldn't be one if you were rob reading that

Pete, pete you can have fun with because pete's not real. however rob is a real person

ColonelWilliams
April 21st, 2005, 05:39 PM
LOL, me too. T's been watching them for years! :p I know he's the strong, silent, patient one, but even T knows that when it's time to act ... it's time to act :D

Yeah i agree, It would be nice if teal'c was alone with Jack on a mission and Daniel was with sam and they both talked to sam and jack or vise versa. It would show how close they all are to each other in addition to speeding up el amore

Uber
April 21st, 2005, 05:51 PM
aah, guys, let's not even JOKE about lynching.

it's not a joke and especially wouldn't be one if you were rob reading that

Pete, pete you can have fun with because pete's not real. however rob is a real person
Oh goodie!!! Then as a System Lord, I hereby banish PETE to the deepest darkest Naquadah mine in my domain!!!!

MUAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!!!

majorsal
April 21st, 2005, 05:59 PM
I know what you mean about feeling like second class citizens. There was a non-shipper sitting in the front row right next to me, but it didn't stop me from applauding for the ship-heavy video they showed. (as it didn't keep others from booing). I get the impression that a lot of the non-shippers believe that it is the ONLY reason some of us watch the show. And in my case, that isn't true.

how could it be the only reason? if it was, we'd all be DEAD by now of disappointments and holding our breaths. :p

Once this lady next to me understood that I DID love other aspects of the show, she wasn't so down on me.

how nice of her. :rolleyes:

i understand what you mean by assumptions and the good/bad aspects. heck, i've had to defend my shipper self more on the sam/jack list than to anti shippers. :(

majorsal
April 21st, 2005, 06:29 PM

just so i'm understood on 'my' feelings/thoughts on this. i never expected or wanted anyone to 'tear' into the ptb. if i'd had been there, i just would have asked a shippy question (prob like the one i did in the ask joe thread), but if i didn't have the guts to stand up in front of everyone, i would had at least let the ptb know how much i enjoyed the ship they had given us and how much i wanted more. i've never looked at a con going as a place to attack the writers on what i didn't like, just as a place to enjoy the show, the ppl that make the show, and the fans. this whole rant with me started because i was afraid that we, as shippers, had been so browbeaten over time that we are afraid of declaring ourselves as shippers. we have nothing to be ashamed of. not on this thread, not on this forum, not in this fandom, and especially not from the ptb.

TameFarrar
April 21st, 2005, 06:49 PM
I understand why RDA wants to retire and spend more time with his family ( Good for him) but I hope that he will come back for at least the finale of season 9 ..specially if it is the last season ..he opened the show and I think it's very important for him to close it to . :)

I Honestly think that season 9 will tank without RDA ...I don't think the ratings will go higher ...even with BB on board ...The only way it can do well is to rename the show ..why ?!!! because many people do not know about the Stargate SG1 show or they know about it but because they missed like 8 seasons ..they don't want to watch it half way through it .

On the other hand ..I know that some of them who have not watched SG1 at all .... decided to watch Atlantis from season 1 this year and they liked it ...I know that they are not relating Atlantis to SG1 because they know nothing about SG1 ...

....so what I'm saying is ...if they rename the show ..they have a greater chance to attract those people I was talking about ...If they don't :( well it will still be the same old fans ( without the shippers) and perhaps some of the farscape fans ( which is fine ...but they can't be that many )

As much as I liked the Farscape show ..I only saw a few episodes ..specially the John and Aeyrin episodes ..I was not really interested in the other aliens and the peacekeepers.. ect ...I did have a problem to understant that storyline ..and also the pilote of Moya ..and that Moya was alive ...I didn't get that too much ...I liked the miniserie though ...very good ..the ending was excellent ...stopping the war by theatening eveybody will die in the fire wormhole even Moya will explode with John , Aeryn , baby and the crew ..that was excellent ...I also enjoyed the very end scene ..with John lifting the baby a la lion king ..although that was very predictable :)

I like fiction ..but I prefer when it is slighly more real ...like Stargate ...at least the SPACEships are made of solid metal ..and the Stargate too . ;)

I saw wish that the show could be renamed a little ...and not be called SG1 because it is not SG1 anymore ..not the same original team ..therefore SG whatever but not number 1 ..cuz will never be number 1 for me :)

Still I will watch like I did with Atlantis ..but I gave up in the middle of Atlantis ..I expect the same will happen to me for Season 9 but I 'll see ...So far , I'm giving it a chance although I wish there would not be any season 9 .
I think that season 9 is the last one for both RDA and AT too ...Season 9 is the perfect exit for Amanda ..she just had a baby , will do 13 episodes and will say good bye to her fans with Jack/RDA back on time for the finale .

Oh Caty... I really hope the show doesn't *tank*...mainly because there really are alot of people that like the show and I really would like to see the other actors still have a job......

BUT I truly like your idea about RDA coming back if AT decides to leave the show...THAT would be awesome....at least it would be a DEFINITE ending for the Sam & Jack romance and I can't think of one good reason that TPTB couldn't do that for us :D

Being a HUGE Farscape fan...I can only say that to me personally the *ship* of John and Areyn was handled in a way that kept up the UST even though we had RST for a season. I LOVED John and Aeryn because they never made her seem wimpy nor him sappy....

I really think the SG PTBs could have done the same if they had just committed to Sam & Jack as a couple..... but they HAD to fence sit...the snots ;)

TameFarrar
April 21st, 2005, 06:52 PM
just so i'm understood on 'my' feelings/thoughts on this. i never expected or wanted anyone to 'tear' into the ptb. if i'd had been there, i just would have asked a shippy question (prob like the one i did in the ask joe thread), but if i didn't have the guts to stand up in front of everyone, i would had at least let the ptb know how much i enjoyed the ship they had given us and how much i wanted more. i've never looked at a con going as a place to attack the writers on what i didn't like, just as a place to enjoy the show, the ppl that make the show, and the fans. this whole rant with me started because i was afraid that we, as shippers, had been so browbeaten over time that we are afraid of declaring ourselves as shippers. we have nothing to be ashamed of. not on this thread, not on this forum, not in this fandom, and especially not from the ptb.

((((((((((Sally))))))))
I have to agree with you that it does seem like we have to *explain* being a Shipper sometimes.

I can't remember whose panel it was but the question was asked *Who in here is a Shipper* and I can honestly say that no more then a dozen hands went up in the entire audience.....I of course NOT ONLY raised my hand HIGH I WOO HOOed as well :D... so there was NO mistake that TameFarrar was a shipper :D :D

TameFarrar
April 21st, 2005, 06:53 PM
Oh goodie!!! Then as a System Lord, I hereby banish PETE to the deepest darkest Naquadah mine in my domain!!!!

MUAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!!!
I second that banish and want to raise a *Rubble Pile* to fall on him as well ...hee hee ok I am j/k but it would have been a spectacular ending for such a deserving :rolleyes: character ;)

lonely_star
April 21st, 2005, 07:03 PM

wow guys I see a lot is going on these days..here are my two cents about some stuffs

first the con...well anyway I don't think I would have gone there, it's too much money for not even meet AT :S . I enjoy all the actors and writters but don't really think I could go to something like that knowing that none of RDA or AT are there. Maybe next year... :rolleyes: About the question I definitely know that I wouldn't ask anything cause I'm too shy and my english is not good enough to dare open my mouth ! :D and as for the shippy question, the problem is the writters are sick and tired of the same questions so I can easily understand they wouldn't like to hear it again and again, especially if non of the actors concerned are here to give their point of view about the evolution of their characters' feelings. So I don't care if noone asked the question, personally I think we wouldn't know more anyway. I think they know that we are a lot of shippers and that they can't just forget all about it...Joe is coming around here and sees how present the shippers are. But once again it's just my two cents and I totally understand that some of you regret the absence of shippy stuff at the con. ;)

about the head on shoulder, I totally agree about Metamorphosis, I just love this scene and the Jack's impuissance, he can't do anything and he'd prefer giving his life that seeing her die... :o that's awseome...I think I'm gonna watch that tonite !! :) and T...I think he deserves a medal !! :p we should do that sometimes! dercerning a medal to our shipper supporter as Jacob, cassie or T ! :D

about the petition...as hard as I hope RDA comes back for more than two apparances I can't sign something which implies that RDA would better come back on the set than taking care of his baby girl. I mean I'd love to see him again and especially for the season finale (and I hope the series finale) but I think it's too selfish to do so...He's not so young anymore and I totally understand his desire to spend time with his daughter...I know that they could find arrangements and go to LA or stuff like that but maybe they are doing it already...I just don't want to be an extreme shipper...If they give us more, I take !!of course :D but if they don't...well i'll just live with it and remember the last 8 years. I just want to wait and see what they decide by themselves cause anyway I don't think our voice matters...But once again I totally understand the desire you have to explain your opinion and point of view. I even found it a good idea at the beginning but now I'm thinking...I like SG1 a lot and not only for S&J so I'll give it a try and see...nothing more to do...

as for the change of name, in my opinion it will never happen...unfortunately cause that's true the sg1 we know and have experienced is gonna change completely... :(

hope I haven' hurt anyone with my message It's just my opinion and I totally understands that you guys think diferently and whatever happens or not happens :( I'll like S&J forever and for me they ARE and WILL be together ALWAYS ! :D :p

majorsal
April 21st, 2005, 07:25 PM
((((((((((Sally))))))))
I have to agree with you that it does seem like we have to *explain* being a Shipper sometimes.

I can't remember whose panel it was but the question was asked *Who in here is a Shipper* and I can honestly say that no more then a dozen hands went up in the entire audience.....I of course NOT ONLY raised my hand HIGH I WOO HOOed as well :D... so there was NO mistake that TameFarrar was a shipper :D :D

most important thing first

((((((((((tame)))))))))))

on another thread (sam's a great character thread), a postee that had went to the con said this:

I admit I'm not a huge S/J shipper - however I really have enjoyed the interplay between them the late few years - so YES I did raise my hand :D.
I should also say that when Martin asked the question about shippers there were a few people that did not know what shipper meant. They were a couple of people sitting around me that said "What's a shipper?" When I explained to them a few said "Oh! well I guess I should have raised my hand"

so, that might have been one of the reasons why so few raised their hands (they didn't know what shipper meant :p)

*thanks, tame*

Uber
April 21st, 2005, 09:01 PM
Hey there...I have another mission for you all...

Please list for me the episodes in which

Jack smiles at Sam.

Sam smiles at Jack.

Jack and Sam are smiling at each other...In this category, I know of Evolution Pt.2 and Small Victories.

Thank you! And please get back to me soon on this one if you could...

I have my reasons...

:D

lonely_star
April 21st, 2005, 09:13 PM

Jack smiles at Sam.

Sam smiles at Jack.

Jack and Sam are smiling at each other...In this category, I know of Evolution Pt.2 and Small Victories.

I have my reasons...

I was just watching Urgo, Sam smiles at Jack just after the Bikini joke
more to come ;)

lonely_star
April 21st, 2005, 09:16 PM
I was just watching Urgo, Sam smiles at Jack just after the Bikini joke
more to come ;)

ups..never mind ! they're not in the same frame...sorry :( maybe in the briefing room then...when Urgo makes them crazy...sure you can find something ;)

marimba26
April 21st, 2005, 09:19 PM

Funny, I sort of thought that Teal'c tried to give Jack a kick in the butt in Grace but Jack was SO not listening. Nothing like dear, old dad to straighten him out though!

marimba26
April 21st, 2005, 09:23 PM
I *love* Metamorphosis. It's so poignantly shippy. At the first sign of Sam's discomfort ....

I think it shows just how much of an understanding there is between Sam & Jack that she immediately puts her head on his shoulder and gets comfortable. Jack's not surprised by this, but is so worried. It's so sad that even when one of them is about to die, the only way they can express their feelings is by small gestures. They deserve so much more than that.

I also think its just wonderful the way that Teal'c gives them privacy. We were all agreeing that Teal'c is the ultimate S/J shipper, and he shows it again here.

I also love near the end, when Jack finally gets taken to Niirti, he's straight to the point. He knows there is little time left for Sam and he's desperate to save her. I think this is the nearest we see Jack come to begging.

Straight to the point - unusual for Jack, he's usually sarcastic with the Goa'ulds; this shows how worried he is for Sam.

O’NEILL: Fix what you’ve done to Carter, let the rest of my team go, that’s all I ask. You can do whatever you want to me.

I'm starting to see a pattern in my fave eps - Entity, D&C, Metamorphosis .... Sam's just a hairs' breadth away from death, and Jack's not going to accept it - he'll do anything it takes to save her and be with her, including giving up his own life.

*sigh* I get all shippy just thinking about that ep. Btw, if you haven't seen Christy's J/S vids over on my site yet check them out--"I Finally Found Someone" made me feel really shippy :D And for those of you who are all shippy about Shep/Weir, check out Mel's vids too--they're really good! (shameless website plug over now :D )

Uber
April 21st, 2005, 09:28 PM

Well Teal'c was there during the "confession" in Divide and Conquer, right next to Janet...so he would have had to have known.

Speaking of D&C, I've always wondered what exactly did they put in their report to Hammond for the official record as to how they knew they weren't Zatarcs. I sincerely doubt they told everything about their feelings...

marimba26
April 21st, 2005, 09:28 PM
I second that banish and want to raise a *Rubble Pile* to fall on him as well ...hee hee ok I am j/k but it would have been a spectacular ending for such a deserving :rolleyes: character ;)

Personally, I was hoping for something a *bit* more medieval for old Petey boy...maybe tar and feathers or boiling in oil... :D (JK REALLY)

Uber
April 21st, 2005, 09:29 PM
ups..never mind ! they're not in the same frame...sorry :( maybe in the briefing room then...when Urgo makes them crazy...sure you can find something ;)
Well, Jack didn't smile here...he just looks perturbed...

I need specific smiles here people! Jack and Sam smiling...Jack smiling at Sam...

marimba26
April 21st, 2005, 09:33 PM

Jack smiles at Sam.

Sam smiles at Jack.

I have my reasons...

beginning of "The Light"--definitely a lovely bit there
"Window of Opportunity"--several smiles in that one

I'm sure I'll think of more in a bit...

Edited to say--knew I'd think of another one--the end of "Abyss", she smiles at him in the infirmary

Uber
April 21st, 2005, 09:36 PM
beginning of "The Light"--definitely a lovely bit there
"Window of Opportunity"--several smiles in that one

I'm sure I'll think of more in a bit...

Edited to say--knew I'd think of another one--the end of "Abyss", she smiles at him in the infirmary
It's tougher than I thought to find Jack smiling at Sam or them smiling at each other...usually, she's the one smiling and it's usually because of something funny he's either said or done...

ColonelWilliams
April 21st, 2005, 09:45 PM
What about the Broca Divide? I think at the end when jack tells her she looked good in her tank top (or something like that) he smiles a her, when they are walking in the field after the "touched" come out of the forest

lonely_star
April 21st, 2005, 09:50 PM

I need specific smiles here people! Jack and Sam smiling...Jack smiling at Sam...

but you want them in the same frame or not ? cause at the end of grace Jack smiles at her for sure but it's always a close up of the one smiling...just like when she smiles about the tank top... :( not so easy ! :rolleyes:

Uber
April 21st, 2005, 09:52 PM
What about the Broca Divide? I think at the end when jack tells her she looked good in her tank top (or something like that) he smiles a her, when they are walking in the field after the "touched" come out of the forest
But he didn't really smile "at" her...he smiled at her expense while walking away from her...

ColonelWilliams
April 21st, 2005, 09:54 PM
But he didn't really smile "at" her...he smiled at her expense while walking away from her...

oh... :o

Uber
April 21st, 2005, 09:54 PM
but you want them in the same frame or not ? cause at the end of grace Jack smiles at her for sure but it's always a close up of the one smiling...just like when she smiles about the tank top... :( not so easy ! :rolleyes:
It's not easy...that's my point! Grace is potentially another one though...

Keep thinking shippers! :D

btw, Joe M's online and he responded to someone's question about whether or not RDA could film stuff in LA or not...it seems like by Joe's response, that it might be prohibitively expensive...

:(

lonely_star
April 21st, 2005, 09:55 PM

ok I give up :D it's too late for me to think about that stuff !!! :D :p i'll try tomorrow ! :D :rolleyes: have fun !!! ;)

marimba26
April 21st, 2005, 09:55 PM
Ah, just remembered a good two-shot of them smiling at each other--the end of Evolution 2! As the others walk out she turns to him and they smile at each other and it's VERY cute! :D

ColonelWilliams
April 21st, 2005, 09:58 PM
Yeah I give up for the night too. I'll try to think of another one when I get back from austin (FPS state competition) if you still need one :D

Uber
April 21st, 2005, 09:59 PM
Ah, just remembered a good two-shot of them smiling at each other--the end of Evolution 2! As the others walk out she turns to him and they smile at each other and it's VERY cute! :D
Yup...I know of Evolution pt. 2 and Small Victories and Grace...but I need more!

Think, people. THINK!

:cool:

lonely_star
April 21st, 2005, 10:00 PM
ok I give up :D it's too late for me to think about that stuff !!! :D :p i'll try tomorrow ! :D :rolleyes: have fun !!! ;)

wow !! just realise I'm a jaffa fodder now !!!!! nice !! sorry guys I'm too happy !! :D :D

ok and a last try for the smile thing!! season8 threads at the end...come on it's a good one ;) quick but good, they look at each other NOW I give up ! :D

TameFarrar
April 21st, 2005, 10:01 PM
well I just posted a pretty straight forward question to Joe...so it will probably be either a week or never if he ever answers it :D

kiwigater
April 21st, 2005, 10:37 PM
well I just posted a pretty straight forward question to Joe...so it will probably be either a week or never if he ever answers it :D
Tame, I LOVED your question! I thought it asked about an actual resolution to the ship without being insulting or dense *applause* :D
Great job! :D
Now, if only Joe would answer it :S definitively and once and for all! :D

TameFarrar
April 21st, 2005, 10:39 PM
*bowing*... well I get tired of them NOT really answering the question and I really do think ALL the fans should have a definitive answer so we can move on from THAT point about Sam & Jack

marimba26
April 21st, 2005, 10:57 PM
Yup...I know of Evolution pt. 2 and Small Victories and Grace...but I need more!

Think, people. THINK!

Did you check out "The Light"? I know I mentioned it earlier but it has some of the best smiles. Other than those I'm going to have to go back and watch some of my own vids to remember them lol. Whatever are we racking our brains for anyway?

Uber
April 21st, 2005, 10:59 PM
Did you check out "The Light"? I know I mentioned it earlier but it has some of the best smiles. Other than those I'm going to have to go back and watch some of my own vids to remember them lol. Whatever are we racking our brains for anyway?
You'll see...

ohshocking
April 21st, 2005, 11:05 PM
Err, in Beneath the Surface she smiles and puts her head into his shoulder, but that's 'cause he made her laugh, does it count?

Uber
April 21st, 2005, 11:13 PM
Err, in Beneath the Surface she smiles and puts her head into his shoulder, but that's 'cause he made her laugh, does it count?
That counts in the Sam column...

I'm having a harder time finding Jack smiling at her or them smiling at each other...

marimba26
April 21st, 2005, 11:14 PM
Okay, I went and checked out one of my happier vids and this is what I used--
Icon—quick smile when she finds Daniel
Evo 2—end
Zero Hour—when he’s about to send her through the gate
Proving Ground—the famous jello scene
Emancipation—smiles at the campfire, first Sam at Jack then Jack at Sam
The Light—beginning
Fair Game (I think)—when Sam gets promoted and Jack pins her (a privelege usually reserved for the spouse btw)

Ep I can’t remember the name of but the dialogue is as follows—

Jack: Maybe it’s dad (smile)
Sam: Maybe (smile)

Red Sky—when Jack gets it right in her lab
Zero Hour—lovely smiles at the end
Window of Opportunity—several smiles in that one
Prometheus—cute moment in front of the map

Also used that Behind the Scenes bit from Death Knell

To reference any of this check out "Cherish" at the link below. This is, of course, by no means an exhaustive list but it's the best I can do at this hour. Fair warning though, I wish you good luck if you need a lot of scenes. I make videos and I can tell you that there just isn't that much to work with in the smile department. Good luck!

ForeverSg1
April 21st, 2005, 11:20 PM

Hmm do they need to be facing other or just in the same shot?? Or can it be separate shots but same scene? Like when Jack made Sam smile in Small Victories after he put his face up to the magnifying glass??

Brief Candle
Zero Hour
Small Victories
Evolution II
Broca Divide

I can probably come up with a list once I know what type of situation we are talking about.

Uber
April 21st, 2005, 11:26 PM
Okay, I went and checked out one of my happier vids and this is what I used--
Icon—quick smile when she finds Daniel
Evo 2—end
Zero Hour—when he’s about to send her through the gate
Proving Ground—the famous jello scene
Emancipation—smiles at the campfire, first Sam at Jack then Jack at Sam
The Light—beginning
Fair Game (I think)—when Sam gets promoted and Jack pins her (a privelege usually reserved for the spouse btw)

Ep I can’t remember the name of but the dialogue is as follows—

Jack: Maybe it’s dad (smile)
Sam: Maybe (smile)

Red Sky—when Jack gets it right in her lab
Zero Hour—lovely smiles at the end
Window of Opportunity—several smiles in that one
Prometheus—cute moment in front of the map

Also used that Behind the Scenes bit from Death Knell

To reference any of this check out "Cherish" at the link below. This is, of course, by no means an exhaustive list but it's the best I can do at this hour. Fair warning though, I wish you good luck if you need a lot of scenes. I make videos and I can tell you that there just isn't that much to work with in the smile department. Good luck!
Umm...okay. First and foremost...great list! Second, and I really should have put this first because it's way more important...

Where EXACTLY did that EXTRA LONG Grace kiss come from?? And can I get I better, higher quality version of it??? AND are there more takes available???????

Uber
April 21st, 2005, 11:27 PM
Hmm do they need to be facing other or just in the same shot?? Or can it be separate shots but same scene? Like when Jack made Sam smile in Small Victories after he put his face up to the magnifying glass??

Brief Candle
Zero Hour
Small Victories
Evolution II
Broca Divide

I can probably come up with a list once I know what type of situation we are talking about.
Specifically looking for scenes where he smiles and she smiles back...either he said something sweet and/or funny and smiled and she responded...

Good example would be Evolution 2 I think... at the end of the ep...

marimba26
April 21st, 2005, 11:29 PM
Okay, here are a few more that I dug up--

The fishing invite from Season 2 (I never can seem to remember the name of that ep lol)

End of Singularity when Jack shows up with the dog
At Sam's door in Ascension
The beginning of 100 Days
When she blows up the sun (can't remember that ep name either but it's end of S4/beginning of S5 -ish)
End of Tangent--she is really glad to see he's alive
Beginning and end of Small Victories (you knew that one)
Beginning of Evo 2
Point of View (if you're okay with AU)
Watergate--when they're standing in front of the plane in snowsuits and Jack is mouthing off (she smiles a lot when he does that :D)

These clips I used in "I Drove All Night" if you need to reference them. I think you've got me obsessed with this now lol :D

Uber
April 21st, 2005, 11:31 PM
Okay, here are a few more that I dug up--

The fishing invite from Season 2 (I never can seem to remember the name of that ep lol)

End of Singularity when Jack shows up with the dog
At Sam's door in Ascension
The beginning of 100 Days
When she blows up the sun (can't remember that ep name either but it's end of S4/beginning of S5 -ish)
End of Tangent--she is really glad to see he's alive
Beginning and end of Small Victories (you knew that one)
Beginning of Evo 2
Point of View (if you're okay with AU)
Watergate--when they're standing in front of the plane in snowsuits and Jack is mouthing off (she smiles a lot when he does that :D)

These clips I used in "I Drove All Night" if you need to reference them. I think you've got me obsessed with this now lol :D
Wait...I thought the first fishing invite was from Nemesis - last ep of Season 3. Was there a Season 2 invite I missed?

And notice how tough it is to get specific Jack smiling at SAM and her reciprocating. Much easier to find Sam smiling at something Jack said/did.

Oma-1
April 21st, 2005, 11:40 PM
Doesn't Jack smile at Sam in the tent in Emancipation?

Jack: You look great by the way :)

Edit: I'll do some homework today for ya ;) cos I can't think of any more :o

marimba26
April 21st, 2005, 11:41 PM
Wait...I thought the first fishing invite was from Nemesis - last ep of Season 3. Was there a Season 2 invite I missed?

And notice how tough it is to get specific Jack smiling at SAM and her reciprocating. Much easier to find Sam smiling at something Jack said/did.

I'm sure you're right on that ep name for the fishing invite--it's not an ep that seems to stick with me for some reason lol. Agreed. It's very hard to find Jack smiling first.

As for the extra long Grace kiss--that kiss is 4 seconds, 7 frames. Anything longer is slo-mo, reverse, or some other effect.

Uber
April 21st, 2005, 11:43 PM
I'm sure you're right on that ep name for the fishing invite--it's not an ep that seems to stick with me for some reason lol. Agreed. It's very hard to find Jack smiling first.

As for the extra long Grace kiss--that kiss is 4 seconds, 7 frames. Anything longer is slo-mo, reverse, or some other effect.
Yes but couldn't help but notice the camera angle being different as one from a bystander behind the director...and if there's one new cut there has to be more............

marimba26
April 21st, 2005, 11:45 PM
Yes but couldn't help but notice the camera angle being different as one from a bystander behind the director...and if there's one new cut there has to be more............

Oh I know what you're talking about now! Took me a sec! That's behind the scenes footage I think. They did twelve takes of that scene you'd think we would have gotten a bit more!

Oma-1
April 21st, 2005, 11:54 PM
Got a couple more - I think.

There's this one - can't remember the ep though .....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/110rev064.jpg

Secrets - as they're coming down the stairs in to the room

Ascension - doesn't Jack smile when he announces pizza? Although it does have T in that v questionable outfit :p

Tangent - doesn't Jack smile at the beginning on the tarmac as T does the fly by?

Do the smiles have to be specifically for Sam, or will any smile do?

Edit: Ooooooh - does Jack smile in the fishing scene? If he doesn't - he SHOULD :D

Uber
April 22nd, 2005, 12:02 AM
Got a couple more - I think.

There's this one - can't remember the ep though .....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/110rev064.jpg

Secrets - as they're coming down the stairs in to the room

Ascension - doesn't Jack smile when he announces pizza? Although it does have T in that v questionable outfit :p

Tangent - doesn't Jack smile at the beginning on the tarmac as T does the fly by?

Do the smiles have to be specifically for Sam, or will any smile do?

Edit: Ooooooh - does Jack smile in the fishing scene? If he doesn't - he SHOULD :D
Well now I have to know where that Jack-smirk comes from...

And yes, the smiles MUST be specifically for SAM!!!

Oma-1
April 22nd, 2005, 12:17 AM
CotG - the moonshine bit :D I think they're mainly Sam smiling at Jack though

Uber
April 22nd, 2005, 12:55 AM
CotG - the moonshine bit :D I think they're mainly Sam smiling at Jack though
Darn. I don't have season 1 yet...

I know there's more! He smiles a lot. She smiles alot. Don't they smile a lot at each other???

Catysg1
April 22nd, 2005, 01:40 AM
Oh Caty... I really hope the show doesn't *tank*...mainly because there really are alot of people that like the show and I really would like to see the other actors still have a job......

BUT I truly like your idea about RDA coming back if AT decides to leave the show...THAT would be awesome....at least it would be a DEFINITE ending for the Sam & Jack romance and I can't think of one good reason that TPTB couldn't do that for us :D

Being a HUGE Farscape fan...I can only say that to me personally the *ship* of John and Areyn was handled in a way that kept up the UST even though we had RST for a season. I LOVED John and Aeryn because they never made her seem wimpy nor him sappy....

I really think the SG PTBs could have done the same if they had just committed to Sam & Jack as a couple..... but they HAD to fence sit...the snots ;)

I know Tame but unless they advertise season 9 properly then who 's gonna know about the new guys !!!

because I really don't think they advertise the show that well ...For example here in the UK ...24 , Nip tuck , Law and order are shows which are very well advertised ..it's in your face nearly at all the adverts ...but usually before a new season of Stargate starts , there is no much telling us about it ....I mean you could actually miss it if you didn't know it would start on that day ..so what I 'm saying ..TPTB should do the same as those shows if they want some new Fans to start watching the show ...The problem is that Daniel, Teal'c and Sam are all still there ...so it may be a problem to actually understand their characters who have been establised for a long time ...on the other hand , it may attract the new fans to buy the DVD's from previuos seasons to watch the character developement ...but for that ..they need to know that stargate SG1 season 9 is like a new beginning and that may be ..some news fans may enjoy watching it and see some new characters.

But the thing is ..How long can a show last ?!! isn't 9 seasons enough ?!!! When the lead actor wants to stop ...I think it is a reason to stop the show ..because at the end instead of going high ..the show will go down low and it is sad .:(

Look at what most people think about the x-files now ? me I still love the x-files ...I was talking about all the shippy scenes ..and even without Mulder around there were a tremendous amount of shippy scenes in season 8 and 9( within and without was full of ship and Mulder was like in there for 10 seconds ) .I also liked Doggett and Reyes ..but again they should have changed the title a little to make sure that fans were happy about the direction they were taking ...that was all they needed to do ...Still I think x-files was grand and it is a cult show .

I hope and truly hope RDA will be there for the finale to gracefully exit Amanda from the show ..even if it 's not the end of it .
I hope there will be able to use Amanda as a great soldier but also use her for the Sam/Jack ship through phone calls or chats to Teal'c about Jack and that she'll say that he 'll pop round to SGC later ( Will be nice to let the fans know that RDA will be there for the finale ...and not keep it as a secret for too long if he comes back )

nickatell
April 22nd, 2005, 08:33 AM
If TPTB or any of the stars are tired of shippers asking shippy questions, I really do feel sorry for them. Did they ever stop to think that if we do quit asking it would be because we are not watching. I realize that everyone watches Stargate for too many different reasons to even name here but for whatever reason they are watching, they ARE watching. No one could ever say that one reason was ever more important than the other and no one should ever be made to feel that the reason they are watching is wrong, stupid or not creative enough. If I were a PTB or even one of the actors and I had to answer a shippy question that has been asked one million times before I would always try to answer it as though it was the first because this person is showing interest into something that I am doing. There are millions and millions of other actors that would probably love the chance to have someone just ask them one question. My point here is that if TPTB and the actors are tired of answering the same questions than maybe it is time to end it and move on. We are not asking TPTB of Stargate about JAG questions, we are asking about Sam and Jack a relationship that they created. I so agree with you Sally, when I attended my very first Con this past summer, I was so intimidated to even bring Sam and Jack up that I waited until folks said something about them, and if they didn't it went unsaid. When we would talk about them I always felt like we were talking about a taboo subject and soon a battle would commence and I got the impression that they did as well. Even though I had a great time and met a load of nice folks, I wouldn't do it again. I truly feel that any response from a question asked about ship at a convention is so not an accurate account, most are probably intimidated and others like Sally said may not even understand. We shippers tend to be very nice, non threatening type people who don't force our views on others and who let others have their opinion even when the same is not always done for us. There are those of us that are vocal and I say thank goodness it is a very tough job.

LOL4JACK
April 22nd, 2005, 08:47 AM

Think, people. THINK!

Uber, I just saw Spirits and when Jack is injured (hospital bed) and Carter is leaving to the mission, first SG1 mission as the leader, he smies at her.

sueKay
April 22nd, 2005, 09:04 AM
Nickatell - Although I'm planning to go to GateCon next year...I'm not going to approach the subject of Sam and Jack...or any ship for that matter for the reasons you've just said.

Sadly...this whole 'taboo' thing seems limited to the US and Canada and it's a shame because I'm betting there's just as many shippers there as there are in Europe and Australasia.

At conventions and clubs I've been to, ship's not seen as taboo. At Star Trek things...I've mentioned ship to people and the answer's been 'Whatever floats your boat!' and at the one and only Stargate Con I've been to the answer was 'Whatever dials your gate!'

One nice thing that happened at the Stargate con that myself, Astro and Mishy attended was when a question about Janet/Daniel question was asked by two members of the Daniel/Janet fanlisting. There wasn't a bad vibe or a sudden hush after the question was asked, and Teryl didn't mind answering it...I think TPTB would get a fright if they went to a con in the UK...

Cassie
April 22nd, 2005, 09:11 AM

Think, people. THINK!

This hard uummm....

The Serpent’s Lair-When Sam bites Jack on the hand
Secrets-at the beginning and talking to “Dad”
Learning Curve
Past and Present-Sam’s lab “lalalalalala”
Nemesis-
Sam-“Colonel! Uh have a good time!
Jack –Land of sky blue waters, loofas, you sure you betcha, snookums, mosquitoes"
WoO
Sight Unseen-I think when Jack asks Sam to go fishing AGAIN!
Memento-one of the last scenes!

Okay my head hurts now ;)

nickatell
April 22nd, 2005, 09:16 AM
Another thought here: If we are not suppose to get caught up in relationships on the show than why do episodes like Heroes. If we didn't care about Janet dying or the possibility of any of our characters dying or how it would effect any of our characters, I don't think that show would have carried the same impact. Besides Daniels whole existance from the beginning and the reason he joined SG-1 was to find his wife, funny a relationship. You know just from being on this thread with new people joining all the time, questions are asked and re-asked all the time but that is to be expected and understood and if you can't handle it you leave, maybe TPTB should think about that. If TPTB are so tired of the shipper questions about relationships than why don't they end it for good. Or is it simply because the questions are about Sam and Jack and that I don't understand at all. Give Sam and Jack a proper resolution and the questions will start to disappear. Here's a thought maybe if TPTB were not so vague in their answers about Jack and Sam so we wouldn't have to do so much speculating, we wouldn't have to ask the questions hundreds of times and hundreds of different ways just to get a straight forward answer; that the problem would be solved. Direct answers could and would end all of their misery.

Sidenote; If TPTB knew that RDA signed on for only 5 seasons, which is a lot, and when they were lucky enough to convince him to sign on for a sixth, than why in the heck didn't they resolve the relationship than? Actually they should have resolved it at the end of five because if I remember correctly even MS was unhappy and leaving.

You know I have been thinking about AT's comment about being only known as "Jack's
girl", that problem wouldn't be with US WANTING IT; it would however be with TPTB WRITING IT and that could be a scary thought.if her relationship with Pete was any insight into how they write relationships. Do you get the idea I just don't trust them.

I'm sorry if my thoughts are all scattered, it's just I write them as I get them, scary right.

sueKay
April 22nd, 2005, 09:28 AM
((((((nickatell)))))))

I heart ya...TPTB are what's wrong...I think the actors seriously do the best they can with what they're given...the actors on both shows are wonderful, and very on touch with the fans. I think the same can be said for Peter DeLuise and Joe Mallozzi, but I sometimes think Joe holds his tongue rather than saying what he feels...
I seriously don't think any of them expected the ship to become this big, and I don't think they were expecting RDA and AT to play into it the way they did. At the end of the day, if they want a lot of us to keep watching...they need to make a statement of somekind ie.

Dear viewers of SG1

We can inform you that Sam and Jack are an item...happy shipping campers!

Instead...we get

Dear SG1 Viewers

We can inform you that Sam and Jack have done something about the ship...whether positive or negative...you'll have to watch some more and buy the dvds and the rest of the merchandise to find out.

They should have FINISHED it. Either by getting them together, or having them categorically state that they aren't together...they can only skirt around the issue for so long.

Gah! I'm babbling!

Kri
April 22nd, 2005, 09:31 AM
Nickatell - Although I'm planning to go to GateCon next year...I'm not going to approach the subject of Sam and Jack...or any ship for that matter for the reasons you've just said.

Sadly...this whole 'taboo' thing seems limited to the US and Canada and it's a shame because I'm betting there's just as many shippers there as there are in Europe and Australasia.

At conventions and clubs I've been to, ship's not seen as taboo. At Star Trek things...I've mentioned ship to people and the answer's been 'Whatever floats your boat!' and at the one and only Stargate Con I've been to the answer was 'Whatever dials your gate!'

One nice thing that happened at the Stargate con that myself, Astro and Mishy attended was when a question about Janet/Daniel question was asked by two members of the Daniel/Janet fanlisting. There wasn't a bad vibe or a sudden hush after the question was asked, and Teryl didn't mind answering it...I think TPTB would get a fright if they went to a con in the UK...

I don't think that the shippy questions are "taboo". You are free to ask whatever you want. But at my con, who was I gonna ask? The Dan/Jan shippers DID ask Teryl about ship, and she was thrilled. But she is also wanting to get back on the show :D Now when similar questions were asked of Shanks, his reply wasn't what the shippers wanted to hear- since he doesn't care for ship, but he was polite about it. No big deal. Neither RDA nor Amanda were at my latest con. And I don't think TPTB will answer ANY questions directly. They won't give anything away, nor will they say anything that will turn you away, BECAUSE they want to keep you watching. In fact, I am sure that is an answer that is used a lot.... "Just keep watching!"

I am hoping to go to Vancouver next year too, but I think I'll choose the creation con :D

Kri
April 22nd, 2005, 09:35 AM
((((((nickatell)))))))

I heart ya...TPTB are what's wrong...I think the actors seriously do the best they can with what they're given...the actors on both shows are wonderful, and very on touch with the fans. I think the same can be said for Peter DeLuise and Joe Mallozzi, but I sometimes think Joe holds his tongue rather than saying what he feels...
I seriously don't think any of them expected the ship to become this big, and I don't think they were expecting RDA and AT to play into it the way they did. At the end of the day, if they want a lot of us to keep watching...they need to make a statement of somekind ie.

Dear viewers of SG1

We can inform you that Sam and Jack are an item...happy shipping campers!

Instead...we get

Dear SG1 Viewers

We can inform you that Sam and Jack have done something about the ship...whether positive or negative...you'll have to watch some more and buy the dvds and the rest of the merchandise to find out.

They should have FINISHED it. Either by getting them together, or having them categorically state that they aren't together...they can only skirt around the issue for so long.

Gah! I'm babbling!

You are too cute! You aren't babbling, just sharing your thoughts. I would have loved for their to have been a more definitive ending, and with all my heart I'd love for them to address it in season 9. But instead, I think that TPTB didn't want to alienate any particular fan base, so they left it open. And the fact that RDA won't be around is probably another factor. TPTB needed to find a reason to write him out, without it ONLY being because of Sam.

I think you are 100% correct about the merchandising and such. Why else would they continue a show without the lead actor, and one lead actress for a third of the season? M-O-N-E-Y!!

sueKay
April 22nd, 2005, 09:37 AM
Why creation??? GateCon's fan run!!!!!!

(And I can't go to creation as it'll probably overlap with exams *grumble*)

Oh well...Don't worry...If I go to a con...I'll try and ask some shippy questions...but only if the opportunity presents itself or I'll look like an idiot :S

TameFarrar
April 22nd, 2005, 09:46 AM
I don't think that the shippy questions are "taboo". You are free to ask whatever you want. But at my con, who was I gonna ask? The Dan/Jan shippers DID ask Teryl about ship, and she was thrilled. But she is also wanting to get back on the show :D Now when similar questions were asked of Shanks, his reply wasn't what the shippers wanted to hear- since he doesn't care for ship, but he was polite about it. No big deal. Neither RDA nor Amanda were at my latest con. And I don't think TPTB will answer ANY questions directly. They won't give anything away, nor will they say anything that will turn you away, BECAUSE they want to keep you watching. In fact, I am sure that is an answer that is used a lot.... "Just keep watching!"

I am hoping to go to Vancouver next year too, but I think I'll choose the creation con :D
LOL...:D...oh your post reminded just how funny and *open* Teryl Rothery is about the Janet/Daniel ship....she is just hilarious playing up that angle :)

Since AT also wasn't at this last Con. you are right...it does make it a bit harder to ask ship questions...

I can say that every single one of the women I went with to the Con will tell you I have NO SHAME and had I believed that there would have time to get my question answered I would have asked it. It really just didn't work out :)

I did however post a no-nonsense question to Joe on his thread and just asked outright and I stated that his answer of *Obvious* just isn't enough...so we shall see if he even answers it.... But I have no problem asking things...just need the opportunity :D

Kri
April 22nd, 2005, 09:54 AM
Why creation??? GateCon's fan run!!!!!!

(And I can't go to creation as it'll probably overlap with exams *grumble*)

Oh well...Don't worry...If I go to a con...I'll try and ask some shippy questions...but only if the opportunity presents itself or I'll look like an idiot :S

Not Gatecon for two reasons:

I am not a huge Sci-Fi fan (I only love SG-1 and the original Star Wars trilogy), and it looks like Gatecon is full of actors I wouldn't have a clue about.

Also, I have been to two Creation events and have thoroughly loved them both. :D

sueKay
April 22nd, 2005, 09:59 AM
Yeah...you really do need the right opportunity...often the question panels will have actors or directors getting into technical things or talking about personal things...if someone's talking about their first TV show, suddenly chiming in with 'will character X get and character Y get together' just gets you odd looks.

*thinks back to her first Trek Con*

:o

I'll never do that again.

Anywho...favourite hug... (have I answered this already?)

Has to be Into the Fire...so sweet...you wanna give Jack a big hug and a steaming cup of hot chocolate or...no...can't possible write that! (PG forum!)

Catysg1
April 22nd, 2005, 10:15 AM
(((Nickatell))) you are so right ..it is so sad that shippers feel bad about asking questions and that the actors look bored when a fan asks a question about Sam and Jack ..After all ..if they want the questions to stop on that subject ..all they have to do is resolve it and show a bit of it on screen . ;)

I'm surprised RDA didn't have a word about it ..if he knew he was not gonna be there much for season 9 !!!!!but may be ..he has a great idea in mind to surprise us all at the end of season 9!!!! :)

I also think that by not answering the Sam and Jack questions ...they may just scare the Shippers away who will not buy the season 8 and 9 DVD's ..I'm not buying ( TPTB 's attitude put me off really , do not want to spend another penny for a production who don't listen to the fans or don't care ) although I think all in all the 8 years were good ..I still think that the show should have stopped at season 7 ...with a storyline not including Pete ...but have the regulations problem dealt with in that season .

I think Sam is a great character ..she changed a lot but I do appreciate her vunerability in some episodes sometimes .Shame that Chimera , New Order and Affinity had Pete in it ..because ..I thought they could have been excellent episodes ...if the storyline about Sam would have been something else ( like Jack and the regs) rather than another lover :rolleyes:

and ((((suekay))) loved your comments too :)

girlgater
April 22nd, 2005, 10:20 AM
Hi everybody. Is the mini-ship day still on for tomorrow? As a "newbie" to the ship day thing, is there anything I need to do, or bring? If not, I'm ready to sit back and enjoy the show (everything shippy, of course)! :D

gatebee
April 22nd, 2005, 10:27 AM
here is my 2 c.
I have never been to a convention would like to go but far to costly. IMO the producers, writers, and actors can't say much about S/J ship. If they say nothing will happen that ends every thing. If they say they will definitely marry off S/J than the story line has ended. The way they have been doing it for the past 8 yrs keeping everything up in the air is what keeps us coming back for more and wishing and dreaming. And that is money in their pockets. So on to S9 Sam and Jack forever

Catysg1
April 22nd, 2005, 10:34 AM
Hi everybody. Is the mini-ship day still on for tomorrow? As a "newbie" to the ship day thing, is there anything I need to do, or bring? If not, I'm ready to sit back and enjoy the show (everything shippy, of course)! :D

Yeah tomorrow ..16 pm UK time ..not sure what that is in your area :)

and I'll bring some shippy surprises ...that you may like :)

TameFarrar
April 22nd, 2005, 10:42 AM
Yeah...you really do need the right opportunity...often the question panels will have actors or directors getting into technical things or talking about personal things...if someone's talking about their first TV show, suddenly chiming in with 'will character X get and character Y get together' just gets you odd looks.

*thinks back to her first Trek Con*

:o

I'll never do that again.

Well if THAT was the only time you got *Odd Looks* then you are doing pretty good..... I seem to get *odd looks*...ALL THE TIME..:S...... mmm you don't think that it because the moment someone says *Oh I like StarGate* I pounce on them and ask them to explain their postion on *S&J Ship*... :cool:

I mean really we should have our topics in order of priority right?? :D :D ;)

girlgater
April 22nd, 2005, 10:56 AM

Oh...you're so mean! I'm so anxious now! I can't wait! I love surprises! :D Especially if they're dealing with Jack & Sam.

girlgater
April 22nd, 2005, 11:15 AM
I've never been to a convention before, and probably will never get the chance. That being said, it would be hard for me (since I'm such a wimp), sitting in a room of people, to stick my neck out and ask a shippy question. I'm proud of being a shipper, but I take rejection pretty hard.

If I were to go to a convention, I'd like it to be one that had the really big actors (especially RDA & AT). I might even get up enough courage to ask a shippy question. Of course, they may never appear together again (if they ever did which I don't know).

Sorry this is so rambling...I've had an ADD kind of day. :o

Rogue
April 22nd, 2005, 11:57 AM

I'll probably be late so I am going to leave the shipper bus parked out front with the door open.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/hippiebus-5.jpg

LOL4JACK
April 22nd, 2005, 12:24 PM
Woohooo!!!! I'm in for Saturday, what time? 10am EST?

It will be
- 7 am in the West Coast :o :o (Sorry)
- 3 pm in the UK
- 4 pm in Continental Europe (more or less)
- 10 pm in Australia ( I think).....
- Uff.... can't make more math :(
Hi, if it helps, time zones....

Hope to see you all! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Gatetrixer
April 22nd, 2005, 12:26 PM

Just rewatched Entity and now consider it just about the shippiest of the eps.

gatebee
April 22nd, 2005, 12:34 PM
I'll probably be late so I am going to leave the shipper bus parked out front with the door open.

Rogue shipper bus all ready...thanks

Gatetrixer
April 22nd, 2005, 12:39 PM

I too tried to watch Atlantis. I watched about half of the first half of the season then just didn't bother until they started the second half. I thought, okay, give it another try, then towards the last few eps I realized it was a chore and said enough--why am I making myself watch it? I did watchthe very last one and saw a kinda interesting character that they probably will kill off. I realize many do love it and am not trying to put SGA down, it just doesn't work for me--and I doubt those who like it would want to read my analysis of the characters, stories, etc.

As far as an ending episode of SG-1if it doesn't get renewed-one with RDA and AT. Wouldn't that be great, but I'm afraid it won't happen. They usually don't seem to know until very late if renewal will happen, too late to do something like that, if I remember right. And I think when they did, the ep was nothing special.

gatebee
April 22nd, 2005, 12:54 PM
I totally agree. I tried watching SGA but not really am there. RDA was the first reason I came to watch. Then seeing the Sam/Jack ship made it that more interesting to watch. Being human beings we love to see romance on the screen especially well presented onces. TPTB have done a great job of keeping us guessing and dreaming for 8 yrs. I can only hope and pray that they end it properly with Sam and Jack walking up the altar. They have been very honorable couple all these years and a wedding is the only proper way to bring it to a close.

Oma-1
April 22nd, 2005, 01:06 PM
I think I'm a sucker for punishment :worried: :p

I thought I'd give Atlantis a chance and had to force myself to watch for the first half of the season. The ship was ... kinda strange and left me :confused: cos I didn't know where it was going.

Then came the mid-season 2 parter, and from then on I was hooked. The ship is still a bit up in the air, but as you can see from my sig ;) I'm rooting for Shep/Weir.

After all the heartache of Sam & Jack, the complete lack of effective resolution, why am I opening myself up for more of the same?

Guess I'm just a complete SHIPAHOLIC! :D :D

No shipaholics anonymous for me :p

So, I'm thoroughly anticipating S9 - who knows, we may get a bone, and the same for Atlantis.

I guess this shipper is going to be keeping tptb in a job :p

Oma-1
April 22nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
TPTB have done a great job of keeping us guessing and dreaming for 8 yrs. I can only hope and pray that they end it properly with Sam and Jack walking up the altar. They have been very honorable couple all these years and a wedding is the only proper way to bring it to a close.
And as you can see from my other sig, I'm with Gatebee.

PTB - WHEN'S THE WEDDING????

gatebee
April 22nd, 2005, 01:14 PM
And as you can see from my other sig, I'm with Gatebee.

PTB - WHEN'S THE WEDDING????
hopefully TPTB devotes the last ep to our Sam and Jack wedding

gatebee
April 22nd, 2005, 02:25 PM
Can you imagine the guest list for their wedding. Since Jack is such a hero to the galaxy everyone will of course want to come.

Catysg1
April 22nd, 2005, 02:43 PM

I'll be coming for a while and will sit down in the bus for a coca cola but I'm very busy on Saturdays usually ..and I'm decorating my house too ..so not much time ..I've already prepared my Sam & Jack shippy surprises ...so I'll post them sometimes between 16 pm and 17 pm :)

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 22nd, 2005, 02:50 PM
Hey I'm back.
I can just imagine their wedding list.Thor and Jonas are must-haves. :p

Catysg1
April 22nd, 2005, 02:55 PM
I think I'm a sucker for punishment :worried: :p

I thought I'd give Atlantis a chance and had to force myself to watch for the first half of the season. The ship was ... kinda strange and left me :confused: cos I didn't know where it was going.

Then came the mid-season 2 parter, and from then on I was hooked. The ship is still a bit up in the air, but as you can see from my sig ;) I'm rooting for Shep/Weir.

After all the heartache of Sam & Jack, the complete lack of effective resolution, why am I opening myself up for more of the same?

Guess I'm just a complete SHIPAHOLIC! :D :D

No shipaholics anonymous for me :p

So, I'm thoroughly anticipating S9 - who knows, we may get a bone, and the same for Atlantis.

I guess this shipper is going to be keeping tptb in a job :p

You are very brave (((Oma))) ....I try to stay away from Atlantis ..I didn like the ship in the show with the 2 ship involved ( Weir/Sheppard & Teyla Sheppard)....bit weird .. I kind of know what TPTB is going with those 2 ship ..or I can sense it pretty well .

Because I don't trust Staragte TPTB , I'll stay away from their new shows in the future ...I'll watch "Alias" "24" ..and the great "Cold case "instead ;)
and I'm so looking forward to get hooked on "Lost" when it airs in the UK ...soon I hope :)

I'll carry on watching SG1 season 9 for Sam and Teal'c , the shipper ....and cross my fingers for a glimpse of Jack with Sam :) probably in episode 20 :)

In the meantime , we'll just have to carry on with some shippy posts, collages , pics and videos .

Oma-1
April 22nd, 2005, 03:25 PM
I'll be coming for a while and will sit down in the bus for a coca cola but I'm very busy on Saturdays usually ..and I'm decorating my house too ..so not much time ..I've already prepared my Sam & Jack shippy surprises ...so I'll post them sometimes between 16 pm and 17 pm :)

Goody gooddy - shippy surprises from Caty :D:D

*jumps up and down in excitement* *speculates wildly - shippy pics, shippy vids* *more jumps up and down in excitement* :D

gatebee
April 22nd, 2005, 03:32 PM
anything from Caty must be good...can't wait...mini-shippy day tomorrow

Oma-1
April 22nd, 2005, 03:33 PM
You are very brave (((Oma))) ....I try to stay away from Atlantis ..I didn like the ship in the show with the 2 ship involved ( Weir/Sheppard & Teyla Sheppard)....bit weird .. I kind of know what TPTB is going with those 2 ship ..or I can sense it pretty well .

What can I say, I'm a sucker for angst :p Probably the cause of my prematurely grey hair :p (that or the kids ;) )

Because I don't trust Staragte TPTB , I'll stay away from their new shows in the future ...I'll watch "Alias" "24" ..and the great "Cold case "instead ;)
and I'm so looking forward to get hooked on "Lost" when it airs in the UK ...soon I hope :)

I *LOVE* Alias. Only saw S1+2, then it disappeared from Sky :( Where is it now?? .... er best PM with the answer ;)

I'll carry on watching SG1 season 9 for Sam and Teal'c , the shipper ....and cross my fingers for a glimpse of Jack with Sam :) probably in episode 20 :)

Yep, me too. *thunk - the sound shippers make upon contact with the floor when crossing fingers, toes, legs, arms ... and anything else that crosses ... * :p

In the meantime , we'll just have to carry on with some shippy posts, collages , pics and videos.

Roll on Mini Ship Day and Caty's surprises :)

girlgater
April 22nd, 2005, 03:40 PM
I'm so excited about the mini-ship day. My hubby has to work, one kid is at a friend's house and the other one is old enough to do his own thing while at home. Sounds like a perfect time for me to party! :D

ForeverSg1
April 22nd, 2005, 03:43 PM
I know Abyss wasn't an extremely shippy episode to some, but this is my take on it.

http://img222.echo.cx/img222/4092/6x065f04563yz.jpg

gatebee
April 22nd, 2005, 03:48 PM
I know Abyss wasn't an extremely shipper episode, but this is my take on it.

wow not shippy at all...we need Sam in the pic with Jack

Oma-1
April 22nd, 2005, 03:57 PM

Wow. Congratulations, you just made it shippy. That is one clever creation. I looked at it 3 times before I realised the ghost pic was Sam. *sigh - amazingly dense tendencies showing through again*

Oma-1
April 22nd, 2005, 04:00 PM
Do you think that tptb chose that actress because of her remsemblence to Sam? Or is that my over active shippy imagination again :rolleyes:

gatebee
April 22nd, 2005, 04:11 PM

wow I take it back ...I am blind...didn't see Sam as a shadow...that is awesome...Jack looking at Sam after all

Oma-1
April 22nd, 2005, 04:20 PM
Its amazing how your mind tricks your eye isn't it :p I didn't see Sam at first because I didn't expect to. That's why I like to rewatch eps over and over and over and over :p to make sure I haven't missed anything shippy! I used to think S5 had very little ship, but then I got the box set and watched them all looking for ship - I was amazed at how much I found :D Made me a happy bunny that weekend :p

Catysg1
April 22nd, 2005, 04:24 PM

Very nice indeed ((( ForeverSg1))):) lovely , fantastic :)

Some fans do think that Abyss was very shippy but I never thought so .
May be it's because I don't quite understand it ..I always find it difficult to understand when they have different names like in Beneath the surface ..I understood that one though after watching it a second time ...but Abyss ..I'm still unsure ...never mind though ..because I don't particualrly like Torture episodes except the devil you know because we didn't see much and Apophis was only forcing some hallucinogen drinks down their throats .
Abyss is a pretty hard torture episode to watch ..Poor old Jack :(

Cassie
April 22nd, 2005, 04:24 PM
Do you think that tptb chose that actress because of her remsemblence to Sam? Or is that my over active shippy imagination again :rolleyes:

When I first saw that ep. that's immedatily what I thought. Hey it's another Sam, blond short hair. Did anyone else notice when Jack said that Kanan "loved her, he came back for her. He wanted to save her" that he wasn't just talking about that realtionship hhmmmm....yay I'm thinking way to much into this :P

Forever sg1 Love your take on it!!! :D

girlgater
April 22nd, 2005, 04:32 PM
Very nice indeed ((( FoerverSg1)))..Raise Eyebrow :) lovely ..Some fans do think that Abyss was very shippy but I never thought so .
May be it's because I don't quite understand it ..I always find it difficult to understand when they have different names like in Beneath the surface ..I understood that one though after watching it a second time ...but Abyss ..I'm still unsure ...never mind though ..because I don't particualrly like Torture episodes except the devil you know because we didn't see much and Apophis was only forcing some hallucinogen drinks down their throats .
Abyss is a pretty hard torture episode to watch ..Poor old Jack :(

I have a hard time watching Jack get tortured (torture scenes really bother me).

The actress who played Kanan's girl friend kinda did look like Sam.

Catysg1
April 22nd, 2005, 04:32 PM

May be (((Oma ))).. and probalby ..but it 's only a silly trick from TPTB anyway . I don't find that episode shippy at all because at the end of the day ..it was not Sam at all ....She had nothing to do with Sam ...I thought it was Sam at the beginning when they were running in the woods ..but I was so disappointed when I found out it was another young girl with short blond hair :(

I think next time we really like a ship in a new show ..may be we should keep it a really big secret ..then they'll give us what we want . The only reason TPTB is giving nada between Sam and Jack or carry on the UST it's because they know it's popular and attract ..so they play with the audience ...so may be one day ..shippers must (if they can) not start a thread about their favorite couple ..and only in that case we 'll get what we deserve :)

ForeverSg1
April 22nd, 2005, 04:41 PM
When I first saw that ep. that's immedatily what I thought. Hey it's another Sam, blond short hair. Did anyone else notice when Jack said that Kanan "loved her, he came back for her. He wanted to save her" that he wasn't just talking about that realtionship hhmmmm....yay I'm thinking way to much into this :P

Forever sg1 Love your take on it!!! :D

Hehe, guess I'm strange because it was totally shippy for me. Not in a real Sam and Jack kind of way but I saw things like this picture when I watched it. I thought the girl had very similiar features as Sam, same build, extremely short blonde hair.

When Daniel is telling him that ascension is the only way, Jack tells him there is another way... he knows Sam won't give up on him. He was foolish enough to think she'd give up in 100 days and he wouldn't do it again.

Anyway,hopefully I won't bother too many people with my picture as it isn't your typical shippy picture. I just thought it was cool and wanted to share.

Kat

florence
April 22nd, 2005, 04:52 PM
I think next time we really like a ship in a new show ..may be we should keep it a really big secret ..then they'll give us what we want . The only reason TPTB is giving nada between Sam and Jack or carry on the UST it's because they know it's popular and attract ..so they play with the audience ...so may be one day ..shippers must (if they can) not start a thread about their favorite couple ..and only in that case we 'll get what we deserve :)

I would never be able to do that : keep it a secret. When I love a ship in a show (and I loved many, you can trust me :rolleyes: ), I want to find other people seeing the same thing just to prove myself that I'm not crazy :p

Sam/Jack is really the first ship where I get so involved online (there was XFiles before but in the mailing list where I was talking, we were talking about every side of the show, not only ship since there were both shippers and noromos).
I have to say that I really enjoyed the last months I've spent in this thread cause it was so nice to "meet" people who liked SJ ship as much as me (maybe even more than me :) )
It made me see the show from a different point of view and because of all this, I know that Sam&Jack will always have a special place in my heart.

And from now on, if I get involved in another ship on another show (I've already started with Shep/Weir), I'll probably be less shy to "talk" about what I love :)

Plus, I'm not very sure TPTB would decide to give shippers what they want if noone talks about it. IMO if they see that fans don't get the ship they try to do, they'll more probably let it drop and change to another ship.

Starfury
April 22nd, 2005, 04:57 PM
Abyss not shippy!?!? Uh, are we forgetting that Sam figured out where Jack was, and WHY? "Not he. She." That whole "we don't leave our people behind" comment later on was just a lame coverup. Sam knew that Kanan went back for his lover because that's what Jack would have done--because that's what he did for Sam. Anybody who doesn't think this episode is shippy, go back and rewatch it! It's harder to see in the Jack scenes (except for the fact that that lotar girl DOES look strikingly similar to Sam) than in the scenes with Sam being all anxious about Jack. And let's not forget that the whole reason he got into the mess was because Sam begged him to take a symbiote to save his life. Nobody else could have gotten him to do it. Abyss is totally shippy.

Oma-1
April 22nd, 2005, 04:59 PM
(((Caty))) Abyss isn't everyones cup of tea.

Personally, I really liked this ep ... maybe not the torture scenes per se, and I was soooo hating Ba'al cos of this ep that it took me until Reckoning to realise that Cliff's actually very very sexy .... oops, digressing a bit there!

I liked it because I found it intrinsically shippy. The whole reason this ep takes place is because Kanan is affected by his blending with Jack, and Jack's no one gets left behind belief. We're lead to believe that Kanan is in love with the Lotar, and that combined with Jack's moral code sends him back to Ba'al's planet for her. (Although Kanan showed slimy snakehead qualities by hijacking Jack's body and then leaving him to save his own mik'ta though - that Tok'ra wasn't overly different to the goa'uld was he?)

Jack's insistence in not ascending and finding another way out imho is another manifestation of his faith in SG-1 finding him and figuring out what's going on, kinda a precursor to Paradise Lost. But I think it also shows a vulnerability to Jack - I don't think he thinks he can do it. He doesn't think he's got the necessary goodness (for want of a better word) that Daniel has that drew Oma to help him.

I like the infirmary scene at the end with Sam & Jack - a private little moment for Sam to reassure herself that Jack's home and going to be ok, and for Jack to appreciate Sam and how much she means to him. :)

gatebee
April 22nd, 2005, 04:59 PM
Florence, I am the same. Sam and Jack are the very first internet shipping I have ever done. And once I saw this site it took me a while to delurk and voice my shippiness. Stargate/Sam and Jack ship and THIS ship family will always be with me forever.

TameFarrar
April 22nd, 2005, 05:00 PM
Hehe, guess I'm strange because it was totally shippy for me. Not in a real Sam and Jack kind of way but I saw things like this picture when I watched it. I thought the girl had very similiar features as Sam, same build, extremely short blonde hair.

When Daniel is telling him that ascension is the only way, Jack tells him there is another way... he knows Sam won't give up on him. He was foolish enough to think she'd give up in 100 days and he wouldn't do it again.

Anyway,hopefully I won't bother too many people with my picture as it isn't your typical shippy picture. I just thought it was cool and wanted to share.

Kat
Hi Kat... I am one of the people that found *Abyss* Incredibly shippy and here is why :)

When Jack took on the symbiote Kana two things happened....all of Kana's memories and thoughts were now basically part of Jack....AND all of Jack's thoughts, feelings and memories became a part of Kanan. SSSOOOOO

Kanan was to weak to keep himself separate from Jack and this is why a *Blending* occured. Once this happened Kana was faced with JUDGING his actions as a Tok'ra against Jack's Honor system...*We DO NOT leave people behind* AND Jack's feelings about the ONE woman he loved.....

Now while it isn't "Sam & Jack" ...it IS ALL about How Jack FEELS about Sam.

Jack's feelings are the catalyst that prompts Kanan to go back for the ONE woman he loves.

The director flashes the scenes back and forth between Sam & Jack as all of Kanan's motivations are being explained to the audience.

ALL of the actions of the characters, Kanan, Jack, Sam, The girl....ALL revolve around Jack's feelings...

another really good *Visual* is a mini-episode made by SNY...she has a tribute to Abyss that is not a music video but a shortened version of the episode that just concentrates on Sam & Jack and I highly recommend it if you would like to see a *Visual* representation of what you are thinking about this episode
here is a link and you may have to claick on the vid page and scroll down a ways on the stargate page to find it...but I tried to do the link to the right page so you just have to scroll down to find it :D
http://www.snyart.com/inicio.htm

Anyway you are not alone in your thoughts..I too thought it was one of the best *Emotional* episodes that conveyed how deep Jack's feelings are and how it can affect the people around him and IN (LOL) him :)

TameFarrar
April 22nd, 2005, 05:02 PM
(((Caty))) Abyss isn't everyones cup of tea.

Personally, I really liked this ep ... maybe not the torture scenes per se, and I was soooo hating Ba'al cos of this ep that it took me until Reckoning to realise that Cliff's actually very very sexy .... oops, digressing a bit there!

I liked it because I found it intrinsically shippy. The whole reason this ep takes place is because Kanan is affected by his blending with Jack, and Jack's no one gets left behind belief. We're lead to believe that Kanan is in love with the Lotar, and that combined with Jack's moral code sends him back to Ba'al's planet for her. (Although Kanan showed slimy snakehead qualities by hijacking Jack's body and then leaving him to save his own mik'ta though - that Tok'ra wasn't overly different to the goa'uld was he?)

Jack's insistence in not ascending and finding another way out imho is another manifestation of his faith in SG-1 finding him and figuring out what's going on, kinda a precursor to Paradise Lost. But I think it also shows a vulnerability to Jack - I don't think he thinks he can do it. He doesn't think he's got the necessary goodness (for want of a better word) that Daniel has that drew Oma to help him.

I like the infirmary scene at the end with Sam & Jack - a private little moment for Sam to reassure herself that Jack's home and going to be ok, and for Jack to appreciate Sam and how much she means to him. :)
((Caty))) she is so right...the episode isn't for everyone :) and (((Oma))) you took the words right out of my head ....and typed them a heck of a lot faster :D

Oma-1
April 22nd, 2005, 05:05 PM
Florence, I am the same. Sam and Jack are the very first internet shipping I have ever done. And once I saw this site it took me a while to delurk and voice my shippiness. Stargate/Sam and Jack ship and THIS ship family will always be with me forever.
((((((GateBee)))))) I agree wholeheartedly. Whatever happens with S/J ship in SG-1, we will always have the last 8 years, a FISHING TRIP :D and a wonderful family to share them with. :)

girlgater
April 22nd, 2005, 05:10 PM
I think Oma-1 is right about Abyss. I especially agree with her saying that Jack didn't think he had the "goodness" to ascend. But, you know what, the interesting thing is that Sam sees Jack as he really is--'Beneath the Surface' could also describe what lies beneath the official, tough, sarcastic Jack. I bet she would think he had the necessary "goodness" (but is glad that he didn't ascend. ;)

Oma-1
April 22nd, 2005, 05:17 PM
I think Oma-1 is right about Abyss. I especially agree with her saying that Jack didn't think he had the "goodness" to ascend. But, you know what, the interesting thing is that Sam sees Jack as he really is--'Beneath the Surface' could also describe what lies beneath the official, tough, sarcastic Jack. I bet she would think he had the necessary "goodness" (but is glad that he didn't ascend. ;)
(((((girlgater))))) that's a fantastic analysis. Sam really does see beneath Jack's hard exterior. I think Jack is still hung up about Charlie to such an extent that it still affects the way he sees himself - also his black op days. But Sam sees past all that to caring man underneath.

Oy, I'm starting to get far too mushy for my liking :p

girlgater
April 22nd, 2005, 05:25 PM
(((((girlgater))))) that's a fantastic analysis. Sam really does see beneath Jack's hard exterior. I think Jack is still hung up about Charlie to such an extent that it still affects the way he sees himself - also his black op days. But Sam sees past all that to caring man underneath.

Oy, I'm starting to get far too mushy for my liking :p

Ah...the mushy stuff is good. ;) Jack has seen alot of really ugly things in his military career and extreme heartache in his personal life. I mean...when he lost Charlie he not only lost his son, but his wife, and for a while I really think he lost his way. Isn't it interesting that after he agrees to come back to the military (SGC), one of the first people he meets is Sam! He must have still been hurting when they met and she has watched him try and put that behind him. She's able to be compassionate with him and see underneath his exterior because she's had heartache as well. The great thing is that she didn't have to endure her pain alone--he was there and will be there "always." :)

LOL4JACK
April 22nd, 2005, 05:30 PM
Hello,

I don't know if it has been thought before or asked before, but could it be a possibility for Gateworld or us? to invite Amanda Tapping to "chat" with us a couple of hours on the official "Ship Day"?

Carolina

gatebee
April 22nd, 2005, 05:37 PM
Hello,

I don't know if it has been thought before or asked before, but could it be a possibility for Gateworld or us? to invite Amanda Tapping to "chat" with us a couple of hours on the official "Ship Day"?

Carolina
lovely idea but I doubt anything that shippy could really happen to us shippers. GW will probably go down as well cause everyone will be on line even non shippers

TameFarrar
April 22nd, 2005, 05:42 PM
Hello,

Carolina
you know it never hurts to ask :D... I am sure if you PMed Darren with the request he would at least discuss it with you. Darren is a pretty cool guy :)

Since *Annual Ship Day* isn't until July 29th that gives you some time :)

LOL4JACK
April 22nd, 2005, 05:48 PM
lovely idea but I doubt anything that shippy could really happen to us shippers. GW will probably go down as well cause everyone will be on line even non shippers
Honestly I don't know how these things work (to ask AT) but by what I've read everywhere we now that:

- AT is one of the most lovely person and down to earth :)
- AT likes shippyness and a girly girl :p
- AT loves her fans :D

Dontyathink? :D

Oma-1
April 22nd, 2005, 05:49 PM
Hello,

Carolina
Great idea :)

As we mentioned in passing Jack's Black Op's days - I'm gonna post a link to one of sueKay's fics The Third Race - I'm on chapter 7 - 4 more to go :D It's a bit of a dark one, and is a Black Ops story. Pete's in it, but I'm hoping he gets whumped a bit and dumped a lot before the end :D

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2070659/1/

marimba26
April 22nd, 2005, 07:23 PM
Not Gatecon for two reasons:

I am not a huge Sci-Fi fan (I only love SG-1 and the original Star Wars trilogy), and it looks like Gatecon is full of actors I wouldn't have a clue about.

Also, I have been to two Creation events and have thoroughly loved them both. :D

Figured I'd weigh in here. I apologize for OT in advance but I wanted to respond.

I've been to both Gatecon and this Creation Vancouver con. Which one would I choose if I were to do it again?

Creation.

Why, you ask?

The short answer is organization.

The long answer is--
1) I hear lots of stuff about how Creation rushes you through the line in photo session and you don't get to spend any time with the actors. I didn't get to to spend any more time with the actors at Gatecon last year and I waited longer in line. The people after ticket number 200 didn't get pics with individual stars AT ALL (they got a group shot due to lack ot time--VERY rushed). Everyone at the Creation con got the pics they paid for--even the folks in the back of the line.

2) Auto sessions. When I bought the ticket to Gatecon last year I was told that I would have access to photos and autographs (hence the reasoning behind buying a superpass). What that meant was that I got access to the auto *room*. It was a free-for-all of actors charging whatever they wanted (Chris, Michael and Amanda didn't sign autos at all). Only three people signed autos for free (Don Davis, JR Bourne and Corin Nemec)--no mention was made beforehand about fees for autos (I didn't find out until I got almost to the room in line and by then I was broke--nothing new on a Sunday). Creation was very good about stating, in advance, which autos were included in the price (all of the stars of the con) and which ones were available for an additional fee.

3) Money--the bottom line at this Creation con was a little more than HALF of what it cost me to go to Gatecon last year and I got more for my money. even had I stayed in a room by myself again, the cost would still have only been about 2/3 of what I paid last year and I got a studio tour this year (I couldn't afford the additional cost for it last year). Yes, the ticket was more than Gatecon but I got to go on a studio tour and get autos for the cost of that ticket--a MUCH better deal.

4) And lastly, the complaint levelled against Creation that they are a for-profit company. This is true and if it is against your principles to do business with for-profit companies then this isn't the experience for you. However, if you realize that being a for-profit company is not such a bad thing (if they can deliver the experience) and take the overall experience into account, then Creation is the way to go.

Just MHO, of course.

BTW, someone did ask the ship question last year at Gatecon to Amanda. She answered it but her answer was no more clear than that of any other actor or PTB. I believe the response was "stay tuned".

marimba26
April 22nd, 2005, 07:27 PM

Martin Wood alludes to this in his commentary. As for Abyss being shippy, it's one of the shippiest IMHO :D

marimba26
April 22nd, 2005, 07:30 PM
Did anyone else notice when Jack said that Kanan "loved her, he came back for her. He wanted to save her" that he wasn't just talking about that realtionship hhmmmm....:D
Yep, those are the most important words. And remember what Jonas said, "Kanan will be forced to judge himself by everything that makes [Jack] who he is"--including his love for Sam. Gads, I love Jonas--he's such a shipper! :D

marimba26
April 22nd, 2005, 07:47 PM
Abyss is totally shippy.

Oh, yeah. To see just *how* shippy, check out SNY's "Abyss Tribute" video.

www.snyart.com

majorsal
April 22nd, 2005, 08:26 PM
min rant time.

the more i hear about the NEW AND IMPROVED season 9, the more i don't think i can do this. sam and jack are my fave characters, and teal'c and daniel literally bore me, so... so this new season is just basically a new show, that daniel and teal'c just happen to be on. just rename the thing already, you know.

rant over.

sally :/

marimba26
April 22nd, 2005, 09:40 PM
min rant time.

the more i hear about the NEW AND IMPROVED season 9, the more i don't think i can do this. sam and jack are my fave characters, and teal'c and daniel literally bore me, so... so this new season is just basically a new show, that daniel and teal'c just happen to be on. just rename the thing already, you know.

rant over.

sally :/

(((((Sally)))))

OT, I know but there's always Ben to drool over! (Tame and I have been drooling over him in Farscape for the last several months:D) I'm going to give it a chance bc you never know but if it's not to my liking after three or four eps then I'll change the channel--it's that simple.

sg-1fanintn
April 22nd, 2005, 09:43 PM
Come on, Sally! You know your rant isn't over. Every once in awhile, we just have to get it all out, don't we? I'm just as guilty.

I haven't checked in much today. It was a real busy RL day.....to much to do and not enough time to get it done. But I have really enjoyed this evening's discussion of "Abyss." I had never considered that Jack didn't think he had the goodness to ascend.....but it does make perfect sense. I had concentrated only on the fact that he trusted Sam to find him. I can see where both probably weighed in his mind.

As to S9, I have to join Sally. While watching "Zero Hour" again this evening, it occurred to me that part of what makes SG-1 so special is Rick's interactions with everyone. Will BB now just get all the snarky lines that would have gone to Rick? Sigh. It won't be the same. Even though there was very little ship in "Zero Hour," I really enjoyed rewatching it. And I just don't think the show will be the same without him!!!!!

Ok....that's my rant for tonight. So, you can put Sally and me both down as post-rant.....for now!

ses110
April 22nd, 2005, 09:48 PM
Rant on Sally.I used to Look forward to July and the New Season and now I cannot do it anymore.There nothing left for me with this Show.I'am not going to watch every week with the Slight chance of Seeing Sam and Jack Ship or hearing Sam talk about Jack.I finally learned my lesson after 8 Years.It feels wrong to have a Season 9 without RDA.The new episodes hold very little appeal to me.TPTB made a Big deal about wrapping old stories and there bringing back soo many old character and there all Sam Man Friends.I have no desire to see Sam Flirt or Play nice with these characters for a second time.RDA was my favorite character and I Loved the Sam and Jack Ship so there's very little left to watch.The Show will Live on in my Season 1-6 DVD'S and Fanfiction.

majorsal
April 22nd, 2005, 10:35 PM
Come on, Sally! You know your rant isn't over. Every once in awhile, we just have to get it all out, don't we? I'm just as guilty.

I haven't checked in much today. It was a real busy RL day.....to much to do and not enough time to get it done. But I have really enjoyed this evening's discussion of "Abyss." I had never considered that Jack didn't think he had the goodness to ascend.....but it does make perfect sense. I had concentrated only on the fact that he trusted Sam to find him. I can see where both probably weighed in his mind.

As to S9, I have to join Sally. While watching "Zero Hour" again this evening, it occurred to me that part of what makes SG-1 so special is Rick's interactions with everyone. Will BB now just get all the snarky lines that would have gone to Rick? Sigh. It won't be the same. Even though there was very little ship in "Zero Hour," I really enjoyed rewatching it. And I just don't think the show will be the same without him!!!!!

Ok....that's my rant for tonight. So, you can put Sally and me both down as post-rant.....for now!

(((sg-1fanintn)))

thanks. ;)

as much as i'm going to miss rda/jack MAMMOTHLY, i've still got my fave character and actress, amanda tapping. but if she's barely in it... i still don't know how much she'll be in it, but it's the ONLY thing keeping me going here. there's no assurances of s/j ship (whether logic would tell you it would continue or not), so my only life-line to this show is sam/amanda. i'm not a real fan of farscape (barely gave it a view), so that makes it hard for me to care about ben browder and/or claudia black. see, if this show's going to change that much, then i think the writers should just rename the show and be done with it. i'll still give it a try (after sam returns), but to continue with it will depend solely on what they do with sam carter. but those first five eps... i'll just read the transcript or something so i know what's going on for when sam returns. oh, and i'll record the jack eps (one and three) and only play back his parts. i'm telling you, these last two seasons took so much out of me that my interests have narrowed down to fine points, and those points are sam, s/j ship, and jack. and that's literally all.

sorry for the downish posts, but... i didn't come on the forum in this mood. *snort*

The Boz
April 22nd, 2005, 10:43 PM
Sam and Jack forever. Theyre now that I got that cleared up, let me say a few things.
1) Jack and Sam not being in SG1 is good for us shippies. Why? Coz our imaginations can go WILD!
2) Possibility of more ships - Vala/Daniel, Lexa doigs character/Mitchel etc etc
3) My interpretation of the fishing scene at the end of Threads and Mobius was that Sam and Jack were together! No one can ever take that away from me ever now!!!!!YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Uber
April 23rd, 2005, 12:11 AM
(((sg-1fanintn)))

thanks. ;)

as much as i'm going to miss rda/jack MAMMOTHLY, i've still got my fave character and actress, amanda tapping. but if she's barely in it... i still don't know how much she'll be in it, but it's the ONLY thing keeping me going here. there's no assurances of s/j ship (whether logic would tell you it would continue or not), so my only life-line to this show is sam/amanda. i'm not a real fan of farscape (barely gave it a view), so that makes it hard for me to care about ben browder and/or claudia black. see, if this show's going to change that much, then i think the writers should just rename the show and be done with it. i'll still give it a try (after sam returns), but to continue with it will depend solely on what they do with sam carter. but those first five eps... i'll just read the transcript or something so i know what's going on for when sam returns. oh, and i'll record the jack eps (one and three) and only play back his parts. i'm telling you, these last two seasons took so much out of me that my interests have narrowed down to fine points, and those points are sam, s/j ship, and jack. and that's literally all.

sorry for the downish posts, but... i didn't come on the forum in this mood. *snort*

I'd give you a hug, Sally, but by your state location, I'd say you've got your hands full organizing the bouquet throw... :D

I'm sticking with the show because of Sam and the hope that we'll see some kind of on screen resolution (ie., a kiss of the big honkin variety), and that's about it.

Right now, all of the other story lines that I really like have been wrapped up for the most part and I'm not quite on board with the Season 9 stories, but that will probably change (hey, it's months away...I know it'll change).

I believe that, if S/J aren't together really right now, that it will definitely happen (I think that Season 8 sealed that bad boy in stone)...

majorsal
April 23rd, 2005, 12:15 AM
spoilers for s8's threads

what's my fave sam/jack ep right now? 'threads'. partly because it's the freshest in my head :p, but also because it was MEGA shippy! in one ep alone; sam was jealous, jack was jealous, sam dumped boyfriend, jack got dumped by girlfriend, sam and jack 'connected' in the infirmary, and sam and jack went fishing! okay, teal'c and daniel were there too, but not the whole time! :D it's a great ep and i wrote the ptb a thank you note for it.

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 01:09 AM
I've just watched SNY's Abyss tribute vid - it that amazing or is that amazing! It was fantastic! I've always been a fan of Abyss (in a strange horrified :eek: sort of way :p ) and the poignancy of the ship - but this vid makes me appreciate it even more. If any one hasn't seen it yet - go watch - NOW! That's an order! :p

Lunar
April 23rd, 2005, 02:42 AM
To all the shippers here who have repped me over the past few days :
(((((((((((((((((((((((Thank You)))))))))))))))))))))))
I'm watching the repeats on Sky again at the moment. Season 4... for me it's the ultimate season of ship. In every episode there are moments between Sam and Jack. The looks... the longing. Just watching it makes me sad, knowing that they have four years ahead of them before they even get to go fishing together!! I think it actually made Stargate unrealistic... the level of UST in S4 was just mindblowing. D&C, WoO, BtS, Entity, 2010 and then the little shippy moments in Tangent, Small Victories... what else have I missed? That's nearly half a season of shippy moments! I really thought J & S would be forced to 'deal with it' in S5.. I was shocked when it wasn't addressed. As much as I respect the characters for adhering to the rules, I just can't help but feel that in real life, that much emotion would... boil over. And they'd have been forced to adopt new positions within SG1 in order to deal with it... (get your minds out of the gutter! :D)
Anyway, enough of my randominity. When's mini-ship day??
I can't wait for *official* ship day, either... :) :)

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 02:46 AM
4hrs 15mins ... and counting :D

ohshocking
April 23rd, 2005, 04:22 AM
I'm watching the repeats on Sky again at the moment. Season 4... for me it's the ultimate season of ship. In every episode there are moments between Sam and Jack. The looks... the longing. Just watching it makes me sad, knowing that they have four years ahead of them before they even get to go fishing together!! I think it actually made Stargate unrealistic... the level of UST in S4 was just mindblowing. D&C, WoO, BtS, Entity, 2010 and then the little shippy moments in Tangent, Small Victories... what else have I missed? That's nearly half a season of shippy moments! I really thought J & S would be forced to 'deal with it' in S5.. I was shocked when it wasn't addressed. As much as I respect the characters for adhering to the rules, I just can't help but feel that in real life, that much emotion would... boil over. And they'd have been forced to adopt new positions within SG1 in order to deal with it... (get your minds out of the gutter! :D)
Yep, me too! After having so much ship in season 4, I figured season 5 would be them actually dealing with it. I was surprised when it got pushed to the back again, with the exception of a few moments it was almost like season 4 hadn't happened. Really, there was so much between them in season 4, it should have been more addressed in season 5. Ah well, at least they went fishing eventually.

tauripeg
April 23rd, 2005, 04:32 AM
If TPTB or any of the stars are tired of shippers asking shippy questions, I really do feel sorry for them. Did they ever stop to think that if we do quit asking it would be because we are not watching. I realize that everyone watches Stargate for too many different reasons to even name here but for whatever reason they are watching, they ARE watching. No one could ever say that one reason was ever more important than the other and no one should ever be made to feel that the reason they are watching is wrong, stupid or not creative enough. If I were a PTB or even one of the actors and I had to answer a shippy question that has been asked one million times before I would always try to answer it as though it was the first because this person is showing interest into something that I am doing. There are millions and millions of other actors that would probably love the chance to have someone just ask them one question. My point here is that if TPTB and the actors are tired of answering the same questions than maybe it is time to end it and move on. We are not asking TPTB of Stargate about JAG questions, we are asking about Sam and Jack a relationship that they created. I so agree with you Sally, when I attended my very first Con this past summer, I was so intimidated to even bring Sam and Jack up that I waited until folks said something about them, and if they didn't it went unsaid. When we would talk about them I always felt like we were talking about a taboo subject and soon a battle would commence and I got the impression that they did as well. Even though I had a great time and met a load of nice folks, I wouldn't do it again. I truly feel that any response from a question asked about ship at a convention is so not an accurate account, most are probably intimidated and others like Sally said may not even understand. We shippers tend to be very nice, non threatening type people who don't force our views on others and who let others have their opinion even when the same is not always done for us. There are those of us that are vocal and I say thank goodness it is a very tough job.
Very well said. I agree with you. The only cons I have ever been too were Star trek/general Sci fi and those were years ago. I think that I would probably feel too intimidated to ask any ship questions either. I feel sad that the tptb can't enjoy their successes enough to be able to happily answer questions from all facets of fandom including shippers.

Happy Mini Shipper Day everyone, Just in case I can't come back Later.
peg

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 06:49 AM
OMG, 10 min to go... I have to hurry up, get ready, I hope I don't miss the bus :D :D :D
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_62.gif

"Mini Ship Day" Rocks!!!!!!!!!!

girlgater
April 23rd, 2005, 07:05 AM
Do we need tickets for the shipper bus? ;)

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 07:11 AM
All aboard the shippy hippie bus

Let's get this show on the road :D

Checklist:

Camera - check
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_13_13.gif

Popcorn - check
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/5/5_8_5.gif

Phasers - er ..... :p

I'm ready :D

ohshocking
April 23rd, 2005, 07:14 AM
Hee! *gets on the bus* ;)

P.S. Those big smileys are great!

girlgater
April 23rd, 2005, 07:16 AM
I love a road trip! :)

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 07:18 AM

Checklist:

Camera - check

Popcorn - check

Lots of Shippy Love.....
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_3_16.gif Check! :D

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 07:22 AM
Shippers
1.- How did you become shippers?
2.- What was the first sign you saw of shippiness without intended to be shippy :D?
3.- What ep can you not live without?
4.- What scene can you not live without?
5.- In what ep you shouted YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

girlgater
April 23rd, 2005, 07:26 AM
Shippers
- How did you become shippers?
- What was the first sign you saw of shippiness without intended to be shippy :D?
- What ep can you not live without?
- What scene can you not live without?
- In what ep you shouted YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure when I first became a shipper--I guess after seeing all the angst between Sam/Jack. Not sure about the first sign--I guess all the hungry looks between S/J. I cannot live with Window of Opportunity; love the kiss! I shouted Yes to the kiss after Jack resigned and laid a big one on Sam! ;)

ohshocking
April 23rd, 2005, 07:30 AM
Shippers
- What was the first sign you saw of shippiness without intended to be shippy :D?
Ooooo, questions!
-I was actually coerced into being a shipper, before I'd even seen the show. My friend watched it and was always talking about Sam/Jack, and she got me watching it. Even without her prompting though, I'd have seen it. I ship in every show I watch :D
- Well, the first ep I saw was 2010, so the first shippyness I saw was the log cabin scene, such angst!
- Ep - Window of Opportunity! It's just so funny and so shippy :)
- Scene - Oh god, erm... Jack's confession in D&C.
- Shouted 'YES!!' at Threads, When they went fishing *g*, well, yes and finally!

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 07:32 AM
Same here, I do not know when I became a shipper, it just got into me.... I really loved the scenes in solitude, I just wanted them to be together.

WOO, it just to much.... the golf scene hilarious!, the resignation, clothes and THE kiss.... Jack learning latin, the juggling... OK, everything! :D

I love the scene in Divide and Conquer, Jack saying I care more about her.... it just leaves me speachless everytime and my heartbeat goes UP! :D....

I shouted YES!!!! in Threads.. when Jack said "Always", some say I might have fainted :D

florence
April 23rd, 2005, 07:47 AM
Sorry if you hear me panting but I had to run to catch the shippy bus :p
But now, I'm ready to have fun :D

Shippers
Well, I don't know. Actually, I consider myself a 'serial shipper' cause I tend to find ship in almost every show. Although my first real ship was Mulder/Scully. That's when I found out what 'shipper' meant and when I began to travel through the wonderful world of fanfics :)
As for Sam/Jack, I think it was during the first episode I've seen. If I remember well, it was Learning Curve (with this little girl, Merin). Anyway, it was during one of reruns of all the seasons and I stumbled on it. I was immediately hooked on the show. So I started to search for informations on the net, especially about SJ ship. It was when first spoilers on Grace were coming I think, so you can imagine that after I've watched the trailer for the 2nd part of S7, I was a shipper more than ever before :D

First sign ? Don't remember but it must have been some comments from Jack to make Sam smile, and Sam smiling when she heard Jack :)

Definitely Window of Opportunity, not only because it was shippy but because it's my favorite episode. So funny I could watch it ten times and still laugh when Jack and Teal'c are playing golf through the Stargate, or when Teal'c has this thermometer stuck in his mouth, or when Jack and Teal'c begin juggling :D

Beneath the Surface "feeling feelings" scene :)

WoO when Jack resigned so he could kiss Sam :D
And Threads when Sam and Jack finally go fishing ! :D

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 07:52 AM
Shippers

I've always loved shippy stuff - romantic comedys, fantasy fiction novels (they always have a huge ship element - David Eddings novels were my first addiction :p). My fave movie is still While You Were Sleeping. Still tear up at the hospital wedding scene :p I don't even cringe at the bad shippy bits of action movies :p

When I first started watching Stargate I was ecstatic - all my fave elements of fantasy/sci-fi/ship wrapped up in a package with a sexy leading man :D

- What was the first sign you saw of shippiness without intending to be shippy :D?

The first shippy ep I saw was Solitudes :D Had me hook, line and sinkered! It was only the second ep I'd seen, the first being S5's the First Ones - and that one certainly ain't shippy :p

Just one ....ooooh, ahhhh, errrrr .... one....

My fave ep seems to change with my mood :p at the moment its Lost City, so today that wins my vote (I've already watched it twice this morning :p ) All that angst! It's because I felt so much emotion watching that ep - I was all set for a happy ending cos I'd heard it was the last ep EVER. I knew they'd find a way to save Earth, but it was still an exhilarating ride. I also thought the Asgard or someone would arrive to save Jack in time, so when he was frozen in Antarcia I was screaming at the tv - No! You can't leave Jack there!!!! And Sam - argghhhhh!!!!!!!! I was in shock and constantly thinking about it for weeks. Then I saw an ad for S8 and I went from one extreme to the other in less than 10 seconds. I was bouncing off the walls all summer :p

D&C testing scene. Predicatable, but as essential as oxygen to this shipper :D

D&C :D I'd not seen another shippy ep after Solitudes, so when I saw D&C I was grinning like a loon and yelling :p I got such a rush it was almost as good as <snip - PG forum> :D

girlgater
April 23rd, 2005, 08:09 AM
Emergency stop! Sorry guys, I gotta jump off the bus long enough to answer a page (I'm on call). Catch up later. Shippy thoughts !!

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 08:16 AM
Here's my little contribution to the Beneath The Surface theme for today's mini party. The image is too big to post, so here's the link. Enjoy :)

http://img255.echo.cx/img255/7921/beneath1gj.png

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 08:22 AM
good morning, good afternoon and good evening to all on our Mini-Shippy Day
Waiting on the curb with my hand up for the shippy bus.....Rogue, please

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 08:26 AM
Here's my little contribution to the Beneath The Surface theme for today's mini party. The image is too big to post, so here's the link. Enjoy :)

((((((( Oma ))))))) Beneath the Surface defenitely very shippy. Even when they were drugged, their real feelings could not be hidden. I totally believe that they were a couple beneath it all.

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 08:27 AM
Hi Gatebee!!

Rogue can't join us until later, so we've utilised our lock picking skills (taught to us by Lt Col Carter-O'Neill) and are happily sitting in the shippy hippie bus munching away on popcorn while we wait for everyone else. :D :D Grab a seat - oh and have some popcorn

Lunar
April 23rd, 2005, 08:29 AM
Shippers

I became a shipper because of the amazing chemistry between Sam and Jack that I found fascinating from the very first episode I watched.
The first shippy sign I saw that was probably not intended to be shippy was in .... argh, can't think of the episode name... where O'Neill has to negotiate with the Goa'uld and Nirti can make herself invisible.... the banter between Sam and Jack was just so cute!
I have to chose just one ep!?! :eek: It has to be Threads then. Even though it's not my fave, but because it's the closest to a resolution I think we're likely to get... :(
The scene I cannot live without... okay, I can't pick *just* one...
Divide and Conquer confession scene, the Grace kiss and the Threads huggles and fishing.
Grace is the only ep I've ever shouted yes about... but I was nearly crying by the end of it. I just thought it spelled the end of the relationship but... boy, the kiss!!

sierragulf_gurl_23
April 23rd, 2005, 08:29 AM
Shippers

Oh this is hard... ;)
-I became a shipper when I saw WoO for the first time (I used to be very ignorant :o )
-Emancipation...I think ;)
-Threads
-every single shippy scene that exists.I NEED SHIP! I'm addicted to shippyness!My friends,who don't even watch SG1,KNOW that Sam and Jack need be together forever!I can't shut up about those two..:p :D
-Threads=when Jack said he always be there for Sam I amost cried; and Moebius p.2=sure,they're from and AU but it's significant enough; and Grace=I know it was Sam's imagination that did the talking on the Prometheus but still Jack was very sad they coudn't find Sam(reminds me of s6's Paradise Lost:also a shippy ep) :) :) oh,boy.I'm babbling again :rolleyes: .Happy Mini-Ship Day! :D

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 08:31 AM

Uff, I'm back, I had to get off the bus for a break :D

OMA, love it... I have a confession to make, I've never watched BtS, I even bought season 4 in DVD and disk 4 is not working, I returned it and got another one and disk 4 doesn't work either!

I see all these pics and comments and I'm dying to see it.... Help!!!!!!!!!!

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 08:41 AM
I became a shipper because of the amazing chemistry between Sam and Jack that I found fascinating from the very first episode I watched.
The first shippy sign I saw that was probably not intended to be shippy was in .... argh, can't think of the episode name... where O'Neill has to negotiate with the Goa'uld and Nirti can make herself invisible.... the banter between Sam and Jack was just so cute!I have to chose just one ep!?! :eek: It has to be Threads then. Even though it's not my fave, but because it's the closest to a resolution I think we're likely to get... :(
The scene I cannot live without... okay, I can't pick *just* one...
Divide and Conquer confession scene, the Grace kiss and the Threads huggles and fishing.
Grace is the only ep I've ever shouted yes about... but I was nearly crying by the end of it. I just thought it spelled the end of the relationship but... boy, the kiss!!
Hi Lunar, I think you might be talking about Fair Game... Hmmm I'll have to watch it again, hidden shippiness.... :D :D :D (me liking it)

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 08:43 AM
Keep returning it till you get one that works!!!!! If you don't want to do that, you can find indiv S4 DVD's here http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005KITM/qid%3D1114270909/026-0260991-1339620 for about £2.50 - if you are stateside, I'm sure Amazon US will have it too :)

Lida
April 23rd, 2005, 08:51 AM
I totally agree. I tried watching SGA but not really am there. RDA was the first reason I came to watch. Then seeing the Sam/Jack ship made it that more interesting to watch. Being human beings we love to see romance on the screen especially well presented onces. TPTB have done a great job of keeping us guessing and dreaming for 8 yrs. I can only hope and pray that they end it properly with Sam and Jack walking up the altar. They have been very honorable couple all these years and a wedding is the only proper way to bring it to a close.

Well, after listening to the TPTB at the Vancouver convention last weekend, not one mention was made of a wedding or even an "off screen" romance between Sam and Jack. I do think they did allude to a surprise, but don't bet on it. I'm with you though, after 8 long years, I won't be happy unless they do take that fateful walk up the aisle. Oh well.......guess we'll have to wait and see.

ohshocking
April 23rd, 2005, 08:52 AM

Aww, that was really cute, and very true! Lovely :)

OMA, love it... I have a confession to make, I've never watched BtS, I even bought season 4 in DVD and disk 4 is not working, I returned it and got another one and disk 4 doesn't work either!
:eek: :eek: As Oma said, keep taking it back until you get one that works! There's also Tangent on that disk, which while not as blatant as BtS, it still has some lovely shippy moments!

Catysg1
April 23rd, 2005, 08:53 AM
Hello shippers of the day :)

2 new videos for that special day :)

Wintersun ( Bond)

Extremely fast music ...played by Bond a group of violonist similar to Vanessa Mae ( Pop-violin) ..beautiful ..all shippy action Sam and Jack . ;)

Hero - Dance remix - ( Enrique Iglesias) all shippy action Sam and Jack as well . ;)

Sorry I can't be more with you today but enjoy the videos :) and have a great time :)

CKO
April 23rd, 2005, 08:54 AM
Shippers

The Broca Divide is one... there are many others...i mean hell thats one steamy kiss between those two oh yes and its a shirtless jack, always a plus. Upgrades, when Jack wouldn't leave Sam behind. D&C, when Jack says that he cares for sam more then he should ect.

Children of Gods, hell i loved the flirting.... although it was small it was there, also the AU eppys too, There But for the Grace of God. they can be professional at the same time. Point of View is another great example too.

wow, thats a hard question... there's so many eps that i could choose from. put it this way, S4 has a lot of good S/J moments. i love the hug in Into the Fire :) Threads is wonderful fishing and that hug after jacob/salmek dies... waa... i miss my fav tok'ra

the Za'tac testing, i think thats when all of us shippers celebrated, course it could have been even sooner with that kiss in broca divide too... god so many scenes have been shippy over the past 8 seasons. i cant pick just one.

Threads, now that nothin stands in their way.. but guess time will tell if we even get ship in S9.. i want ship between them
... maybe TPTB will be nice and we'll get some
Morbious.. AU S/J kisses... woohoo! i loved that.

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 09:04 AM
Well, after listening to the TPTB at the Vancouver convention last weekend, not one mention was made of a wedding or even an "off screen" romance between Sam and Jack. I do think they did allude to a surprise, but don't bet on it. I'm with you though, after 8 long years, I won't be happy unless they do take that fateful walk up the aisle. Oh well.......guess we'll have to wait and see.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_2_53.gif

Welcome Lida! You've joined us just in time for Mini-Ship Day :) Hope you enjoy it, and post lots.

Catysg1
April 23rd, 2005, 09:05 AM
OOPS ..Little correction if you downloaded "heroe" in the last 5 minutes ..re-download because I first linked the wrong video ..I linked Hero from Chad Kroeger ..Now it's all fine ...it's the right one "Hero" ( Enrique) ;)

ohshocking
April 23rd, 2005, 09:10 AM

Wintersun ( Bond)

Extremely fast music ...played by Bond a group of violonist similar to Vanessa Mae ( Pop-violin) ..beautiful ..all shippy action Sam and Jack . ;)

Hero - Dance remix - ( Enrique Iglesias) all shippy action Sam and Jack as well . ;)

Sorry I can't be more with you today but enjoy the videos :) and have a great time :)

Beautiful videos, as always Caty! Thank you for doing them, even though you are busy today! :)

I really liked the ending of the 'Winter Sun' one, it just seemed to fit very well with the music. The 'Hero' one was actually to the song by Chad Kroeger, or did I download something wrong there... :confused:, but it was brilliant all the same! Thank you! :P

Edit: Ah! Have just seen your last post, will go and download the Enrique one now! :)

Catysg1
April 23rd, 2005, 09:16 AM
Beautiful videos, as always Caty! Thank you for doing them, even though you are busy today! :)

I really liked the ending of the 'Winter Sun' one, it just seemed to fit very well with the music. The 'Hero' one was actually to the song by Chad Kroeger, or did I download something wrong there... :confused:, but it was brilliant all the same! Thank you! :P

Edit: Ah! Have just seen your last post, will go and download the Enrique one now! :)

Hi Ohshocking :) thank you ..re-download Hero ..it's now Enrique ...I linked it to the wrong one earlier :) It's fine now :)
Yeah the ending of Wintersun makes an impact :)

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 09:17 AM
Hi Lida, welcome and welcome to the "Mini Ship Day", stay around! :p

TameFarrar
April 23rd, 2005, 09:19 AM
Shippers
I am a *Shipper* of long standing...but I only KNEW I was a shipper when I came online and finally read the definition ;)

- What was the first sign you saw of shippiness without intended to be shippy :D? COTG - when Sam asked Jack if he wanted to arm wrestle and Jack quirked up an eyebrow....I said out loud *Oh He has found his woman*

- What ep can you not live without? Heros

- What scene can you not live without? The Grace Kiss :D

- In what ep you shouted YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Threads ....when Sam dumped Pete :D :D WOO HOO

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 09:20 AM

Wintersun ( Bond)

Caty, Loved them!!!! Wintersun, didn't want it to end....

And when it did, :D:D:D:D

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 09:20 AM
Shippers
Well there are several of them:
The reason I first started watching was because my daughter who lives in England came home for christmas holiday and introduced me to it. I decided to watch because RDA was the main dude

Grace was only the second show that I had watched and that was "Holy Hannah" very, very shippy.

S1- The First Command and Cor-ai
S2- Family and Bane
S3-Seth, Deadman Switch and DEmons
S4- The First One and The Other Side
S5- Wormhole X-Treme and Beast of Burden
S6- Shadow Play
S7- Revisions and Space RAce
S8- Icon and Avatar

S1- Broca Divide and Solitudes
S3 -A 100 Days
S4- Divide and Conquer and Window of Opportunity
S7- Grace
S8- Threads

S4- Divide and Conquer "I care for her more than I should" and
S8- Threads " Always"
l

TameFarrar
April 23rd, 2005, 09:23 AM

Oma...that is really wonderful :D

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 09:24 AM
WELCOME LINDA...this is our mini-shippy day...post and give more of your 2c.

ohshocking
April 23rd, 2005, 09:25 AM
Caty - the Enrique Sam/Jack vid was amazing! I really loved it!

Can I just ask, there's this one clip that I can't figure out where it's from - spoiler tags, 'cause I don't know when it's from, but Sam's hair seems to indicate S7/S8...Sam's on a ship and gets hit by a supersoldier and collapses, bleeding and Jack's there. Is it an ammalgamation of clips? Because Jack seems to me to be from Fail Safe... Just curious! :)

Lida
April 23rd, 2005, 09:26 AM
Thank you for the welcome Oma-1. I just joined yesterday, and I'm already enjoying all the posts and pics. I'm jealous of all your great sigs and I really need to get working on some.

Thanks to everyone for all the info, rumors and just plain fun posts!

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 09:32 AM

Checklist:

Camera - check

Popcorn - check

((((((((( Oma )))))))) lovely smilie to start our mini-shippy day. Wanted to give you greens but have to share the love first.

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 09:33 AM
Caty - the Enrique Sam/Jack vid was amazing! I really loved it!

Can I just ask, there's this one clip that I can't figure out where it's from - spoiler tags, 'cause I don't know when it's from, but Sam's hair seems to indicate S7/S8...Sam's on a ship and gets hit by a supersoldier and collapses, bleeding and Jack's there. Is it an ammalgamation of clips? Because Jack seems to me to be from Fail Safe... Just curious! :)
Ditto!!!! Loved Heroe - and that's the clip sequence I can't place either :confused: Jack strokes Sam's cheek and hair so tenderly - almost made me squee :eek: :D

tauripeg
April 23rd, 2005, 09:33 AM
Shippers
-As I was watching the show, I enjoyed the chemistry between Jack & Sam. Before I knew it my husband and I were making comments about how they should be together. Before we knew it we were shippers.
-I'm not sure if they meant it to be shippy, but I always thought Entity was very shippy(Also entity is one of my favorite episodes.) The way jack wouldn't leave her bedside very often. And he asked for just a couple of more minutes before Janet turned off her machine.
-There are a number of them, Woo, Heroes, d & c, beneath the surface, entity, lost city.
-WOO, the kiss scene.
-Same as above
Continue shipping :) And have fun :D

Lida
April 23rd, 2005, 09:35 AM

Just to show you what a nutcase I am about Sam and Jack, when they auctioned off Sam's costume, from BTS, I won it, just because she had worn it, while resting on Jack's shoulder. It's the one costume I have that I keep available, just so I can touch it when I'm feeling the need for a SG-1/Shipper fix. ;)

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 09:45 AM
Just to show you what a nutcase I am about Sam and Jack, when they auctioned off Sam's costume, from BTS, I won it, just because she had worn it, while resting on Jack's shoulder. It's the one costume I have that I keep available, just so I can touch it when I'm feeling the need for a SG-1/Shipper fix. ;)
I was about to offer you the help of the shipper family if you needed it with a sig or finding your way around Gateworld, but now I've had a massive attack of jealousy, I'm not so sure I want to help :p :D

Seriously though, the family is here to help ;) and have fun with. :D

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 09:47 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Shippy Dress!!!!

Oh!, you are so going to love this place.....

Cassie
April 23rd, 2005, 09:49 AM
Shippers

Good questions ;)

1. Well I became a shipper by accident :o. My foot was stuck in cast a couple summers ago so I was never allowed out of the house. So I started watching stargate ;) From the very beginning of watching I noticed true chemistry between Jack and Sam. I didn't even release what shippers were until I went online I just said OMG I'm a Shipper!!! :D

2. The first shippiness I saw was WoO kiss!!!!!! That was the first ep. I ever watched!

3. I can not live without D&C-the confession!!!

4. WoO and the kiss!!!!!

5. Same as above :D

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 09:51 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Shippy Dress!!!!

Oh!, you are so going to love this place.....
Maybe for Annual Ship Day we could have a fancy dress theme, and Lida can wear her pj's :p

Cassie
April 23rd, 2005, 09:55 AM

WELCOME Lida!!!! Have Fun and Post Lots!

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 10:00 AM
((((((((( Caty )))))))) Just love the vids. I always have this BIG smile when I watch your vids. Watching it makes me think the TPTB had in mind to pair Sam and Jack but they do not want to give us the closure because that would end the series as we all know it. Their relationship is a big part of the whole storyline. In our real lives the saying "love makes the world go round" makes life more interesting and as such Stargate SG1 without the ship between Sam and Jack would make this series a bit lame. IMO

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 10:11 AM
Oh this is hard... ;)
-I became a shipper when I saw WoO for the first time (I used to be very ignorant :o )
-Emancipation...I think ;)
-Threads
-every single shippy scene that exists.I NEED SHIP! I'm addicted to shippyness!My friends,who don't even watch SG1,KNOW that Sam and Jack need be together forever!I can't shut up about those two..:p :D
-Threads=when Jack said he always be there for Sam I amost cried; and Moebius p.2=sure,they're from and AU but it's significant enough; and Grace=I know it was Sam's imagination that did the talking on the Prometheus but still Jack was very sad they coudn't find Sam(reminds me of s6's Paradise Lost:also a shippy ep) :) :) oh,boy.I'm babbling again :rolleyes: .Happy Mini-Ship Day! :D
I know what you mean about addiction. My family has never seen me ship so much as I do for Sam and Jack. When I started doing catch-up to the series, I would watch scifi everyday, 5 hours on Monday, 1 hour each on Tues.,Wed., & Thurs. and watch 3 hours Friday and 1 hour Sat. And each time I would search out anything remotely shippy. I would look at their eyes, a body motion even an voice intonation that might lead me to believe they were saying shippy stuff. Shippy addiction definitely. And when an ep was definitely SHIP, I would watch my taping of that moment over and over again with every squeee in my body.....do you think I am crazy...

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 10:17 AM
I know what you mean about addiction. My family has never seen me ship so much as I do for Sam and Jack. When I started doing catch-up to the series, I would watch scifi everyday, 5 hours on Monday, 1 hour each on Tues.,Wed., & Thurs. and watch 3 hours Friday and 1 hour Sat. And each time I would search out anything remotely shippy. I would look at their eyes, a body motion even an voice intonation that might lead me to believe they were saying shippy stuff. Shippy addiction definitely. And when an ep was definitely SHIP, I would watch my taping of that moment over and over again with every squeee in my body.....do you think I am crazy...
OMG, I'm a SHIPAHOLIC! :eek:

Is there a Shipaholic Anonymous :D ?

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 10:19 AM
here are some shippy tension ( too big)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ThreadsIntro9.jpg
pic fr rdanderson or rda-forever

Jack: Jack say something even though TPTB didn't script it.
Carter: Jack say something. Say you want me now.
Jack: She was humming. She is happy. Good time to give her a kiss.
Carter: I was humming?

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 10:23 AM

I was so addicted that my hubby for christmas bought me a cool dvd-vhs recorder so that I could ship in the 21st century.

ohshocking
April 23rd, 2005, 10:24 AM
here are some shippy tension ( too big)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ThreadsIntro9.jpg
pic fr rdanderson or rda-forever

Jack: Jack say something even though TPTB didn't script it.
Carter: Jack say something. Say you want me now.
Jack: She was humming. She is happy. Good time to give her a kiss.
Carter: I was humming?

Aw, liked your take on their thoughts, he so should have kissed her!

Yes, Chimera was painful for the Pete-ness, but it did have great angst/tension for the ship! :)

Cassie
April 23rd, 2005, 10:26 AM

I hope there is one :D I am also a SHIPAHOLIC and Proud of it!

Where are the nice patted white walls and jacket when you need 'em :P :D

lonely_star
April 23rd, 2005, 10:27 AM
HAPPY MINI SHIPPY DAY

unfortunately I can't participate because I went to sleep this morning at 5am after a 10hours shoot and have to go now for another day...and tomorrow too, so just stop by and send you some shippy thoughts and maybe some caps to come on monday in celebration of the (missed) mini shippy day! ;)

have fun !!
and yay for J&S TOGETHER ! :p

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 10:42 AM
Time for another shippy question :D

What scene would you have ended with a kiss, a hug or head on shoulder?

lonely_star
April 23rd, 2005, 10:48 AM

a kiss...the one in your sig... :D :D (just to be sure ;) )

got to go
have fun!

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 10:52 AM
I'm crazy too Gatebee!

A collector magazine started doing SG-1 DVD's in September last year. By end of October I had all of season 1, CotG and the movie. Every Saturday we spent watching the new DVD :p By the time I'd collected S1 I decided it was going to take too long doing it that way, and started buying box sets - by mid Jan I'd got them all up to S6, (Christmas present, wedding anniversary present, birthday present and valentine presents :p ) and I bought S7 when it came out. We have spent hours watching Stargate - and still watch an ep almost every day. Fortunately, all the kids are S/J shippers now too :D :D

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 10:53 AM
Is there a Shipaholics Anonymous?

Nope :D

The only counselling we need is right here on the shipper thread :D :D

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 10:59 AM

At the risk of sounding frivolous .....

ALL OF THEM :D

But seriously, I think Paradise Lost really needed a reunion scene at the end with the team - and then Teal'c would drag Jonas away for Sam & Jack to have a moment alone reaffirm their togetherness - a look, a brief touch, *anything* would have done.

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 11:01 AM

if I had my way every other ep would have some sort of ship in it

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 11:05 AM
I'm crazy too Gatebee!

A collector magazine started doing SG-1 DVD's in September last year. By end of October I had all of season 1, CotG and the movie. Every Saturday we spent watching the new DVD :p By the time I'd collected S1 I decided it was going to take too long doing it that way, and started buying box sets - by mid Jan I'd got them all up to S6, (Christmas present, wedding anniversary present, birthday present and valentine presents :p ) and I bought S7 when it came out. We have spent hours watching Stargate - and still watch an ep almost every day. Fortunately, all the kids are S/J shippers now too :D :D
Unfortunately I am the only shipper in my family. I have yet to meet RL shipper. My daughter in england is not a shipper. She watches it for the scifi in it

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 11:10 AM
if I had my way every other ep would have some sort of ship in it
Ji, ji, ji... :D :D :D Well, me kinda of too, but ...

I saw a behind the scene of Death Knell and at the end when she puts her head on his shoulder, he gives her a kiss on her forehead and then they just kiss (it ended as a joke from RDA) but it would have been nice that they had included a scene like that....

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 11:13 AM
Ji, ji, ji... :D :D :D Well, me kinda of too, but ...

I saw a behind the scene of Death Knell and at the end when she puts her head on his shoulder, he gives her a kiss on her forehead and then they just kiss (it ended as a joke from RDA) but it would have been nice that they had included a scene like that....
wow have never seen that, I do not own that dvd box set as yet. Saving my money. Would love to see it though. Can you post it or something.

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 11:22 AM
pics fr. rdanderson or rda-forever
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/120cur01.jpg
Sam: Crap, TPTB told us not to stand too close together.
Jack: Crap, TPTB told us not to stand to close together.
Sam: Maybe a little hug wouldn't hurt.
Jack: Maybe I could give Sam a little look onces over.
Sam: But what I would really want is a big HUNKING KISS
Jack: I would just love to tip her and kiss her like there is no tomorrow.

LOL4JACK
April 23rd, 2005, 11:25 AM
wow have never seen that, I do not own that dvd box set as yet. Saving my money. Would love to see it though. Can you post it or something.
Gatebee, I have the DVD and I'm looking in my computer to see what can I do, I have a Windows Movie Maker.

TBH, I have absoulutly no idea what to do, but if it doesn't work out, we can do it the old fashion way... I can mail you the DVD :D

If you have any ideas, let me know.... :p

sueKay
April 23rd, 2005, 11:30 AM

For me...it was a strange turnaround...I'd only ever seen a few episodes of SG1 and of what I'd seen...I was actually a fervent anti shipper...groaning through every shippy moment I'd seen...Then Mishy Mo forced me to watch D&C and WoO and I was converted!

2.- What was the first sign you saw of shippiness without intended to be shippy ?

Briefing scene CotG

Oh that's tough!!!!!!!!! Non ship - Cold Lazarus...Ship...Divide and Conquer

Oh ehm...can I answer all of the above...no? Dang! Ehm...uhm...Broca Divide...passion without barriers (or vagueness! :P)

Divide and Conquer...he confesses! Woo hoo!

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
April 23rd, 2005, 11:30 AM
Happy mini ship day!!!!!!

:D :D :D
I know I am like 3-4 hours late but I have been working all day! :( And unfortunately I can't stay here that long 'cos now it is 7.30pm and I have to be out the door by 8.30 so I need to get my party stuff on! ;)

I hope everyone has had a fun day. I shall be looking back through the pages and see what people have posted! :)

Sam and Jack together forever! :D

~Tracey~

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 11:33 AM
Gatebee, I have the DVD and I'm looking in my computer to see what can I do, I have a Windows Movie Maker.

TBH, I have absoulutly no idea what to do, but if it doesn't work out, we can do it the old fashion way... I can mail you the DVD :D

If you have any ideas, let me know.... :p
I PM you

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 11:34 AM
Happy mini ship day!!!!!!

:D :D :D
I know I am like 3-4 hours late but I have been working all day! :( And unfortunately I can't stay here that long 'cos now it is 7.30pm and I have to be out the door by 8.30 so I need to get my party stuff on! ;)

I hope everyone has had a fun day. I shall be looking back through the pages and see what people have posted! :)

Sam and Jack together forever! :D

~Tracey~
you are never late for our mini-shippy day....post away

sueKay
April 23rd, 2005, 11:35 AM
Whew! Caught up! :D

HAPPY MINI SHIP DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm working on a little something for ya all...so I'll be back in a while :D

sg-1fanintn
April 23rd, 2005, 11:43 AM
(Sigh)......sorry to be catching the bus late (pant, pant)......but RL has reared its ugly head, and work has already paged me twice today. But I haven't had to leave the house yet, and I think I have some down time for now......so here I come, girls!!!!!

I'm still a little internet-challenged when it comes to posting photos and stuff (Thanks, Uber, for getting my banner up!), so here's a little text contribution to our day.

It's not obvious total ship, but I know you well enough to know you can read between the lines! If you'll e-mail me with your e-mail addresses, I'll work on a .pdf I'll send back out with appropriate photos included. Depending on the number of interruptions I get from RL today, that could take til tomorrow!

Everything I Needed to Know About Life I Learned from Stargate SG-1

1. Having good friends is important. They may even save your life someday.

2. It's important to stay focused on your goals.....even when they seem insurmountable.

3. Consider your actions carefully. They may have far-reaching, unintended consequences.

4. Where there's a will, there's a way.

5. Denying your feelings doesn't make them any less real.

6. Politics can be a dirty business.

7. Sarcasm is an effective way to throw your enemies off-balance.

8. Sometimes the most unlikely people turn out to be the best friends.

9. Meeting new people can be fun.....or terrifying.

10. That once-in-a-lifetime romance may appear when you least expect it, because it grew from friendship.

Hope you like the list! If you want the .pdf when it's finished, just e-mail me so I'll have your e-mail address. It will be too big to post, but pretty small to e-mail.

April 23rd, 2005, 11:48 AM
you are never late for our mini-shippy day....post away

(((((((((gatebee)))))))))

Well I will try and post whilst running up and down form my bedroom lol! ;) I think I may just put a shippy dvd on my dvd player in my room. Hm which one???? I think I'll go with D&C for now with a little bit of Grace as well! Mix it up a little bit! :D

~Tracey~

ohshocking
April 23rd, 2005, 12:02 PM
Unfortunately I am the only shipper in my family. I have yet to meet RL shipper. My daughter in england is not a shipper. She watches it for the scifi in it
Oh! *hugs* But you have the shipper family thread! :D I'm lucky, both my best friend and sister are just as crazy shippers as me, which is good, otherwise I think I'd go insane pointing out and discussing the little ship moments (ooo! They stood next to each other!!! Sadly, I have actually said just that for my Atlantis ship, Shep/Weir) with myself. You know, before the internet it must have been really stressful shipping on your own, am glad everyone can ship together now :) (I sound like such a sap!)

Yay for ship day!

April 23rd, 2005, 12:31 PM
Well I have watched Stargate since the first episode and I did see sparks between Sam and Jack from the get go but I wouldn't have called myself a shipper then. Season 3 came with episodes like Into the fire, Point of view, 100 days and I was a shipper (even though I didn't know it at the time lol). And then when season 4 came I was a huge shipper! :)

2.- What was the first sign you saw of shippiness without intended to be shippy :D?
Briefing room in CotG.

Oh I don't know. It is so hard to choose! :S If I had to be pushed, would be D&C.

Too many to choose from again. Oh The Lost City at the end when she say's 'Jack, please' and then the hand on the ice. That was just so shippy!

I guess the first time was in D&C like SueKay! But the latest one was in Threads when she breaks up with Pete :-) !

And I finished that just in time before I have to go out! :) Have a fun for the last bit of Ship day! :D

~Tracey~

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 12:34 PM
Oh! *hugs* But you have the shipper family thread! :D I'm lucky, both my best friend and sister are just as crazy shippers as me, which is good, otherwise I think I'd go insane pointing out and discussing the little ship moments (ooo! They stood next to each other!!! Sadly, I have actually said just that for my Atlantis ship, Shep/Weir) with myself. You know, before the internet it must have been really stressful shipping on your own, am glad everyone can ship together now :) (I sound like such a sap!)

Yay for ship day!
((((ohshocking))))

Don't worry, you're not alone in your sappiness :p The only shippers I know in RL are my kids - and that's not really good for adult conversation!!!! My hubby is a gater, but the ship stuff just makes him roll his eyes :rolleyes:

So shipping is lots more fun for me since I discovered Gateworld - we can be one big sappy family here :sappylook: :p :D

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 12:38 PM
pic fr. rdanderson or rda-forever
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/113des02.jpg
Jack: Wow this is cool.
Sam: I know.
Jack: Oh, ya.
Sam: Oh,ya

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 12:57 PM
In honour of sueKay and Tracey - and any shipper who shouted YES!! when Mr Spudley Duck got dumped, here's a little piccy (I don't think I've posted it before, but if I have, you get to see it again :p )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/moftime.jpg

MB - I know you like DDL, so just think of this as Pete - nice enough, but the wrong man for Sam ;)

Oma-1
April 23rd, 2005, 01:05 PM
pic fr. rdanderson or rda-forever
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/113des02.jpg
Jack: Wow this is cool.
Sam: I know.
Jack: Oh, ya.
Sam: Oh,ya

Sam & Jack are house hunting.

Sam: I think there could be some damp on the ceiling.
Jack: Uh-huh. Could be a b**** to get rid of.
Sam: Let's look at something else. This is a bit ostentatious for my taste.

:p :D

gatebee
April 23rd, 2005, 01:06 PM
In honour of sueKay and Tracey - and any shipper who shouted YES!! when Mr Spudley Duck got dumped, here's a little piccy (I don't think I've posted it before, but if I have, you get to see it again :p )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v685/Oma-1/moftime.jpg

MB - I know you like DDL, so just think of this as Pete - nice enough, but the wrong man for Sam ;)
RLOL...so perfect