PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57]

irishchick
October 4th, 2005, 08:14 AM
hey cc girl im new around here too, dont worry your english is good and easy to understand , so how long have u liked stargate

florence
October 4th, 2005, 08:21 AM
My favorite episode is Windows of oportunity... itīs so funny!!!:D :D :D

I don't think season 9 would be here soon.. I read every day this thread and i very inform of what is happening....

I've been reading this thread since May.. but i was afraid to post because i did not now if you could understend me... I donīt friends who likes stargate, this is the reason that make join this forum...:D
Window of Opportunity is my fav ep too ! :D

I was like you... wow ! last year already ? :eek:
I lurked for a long time before posting for the 1st time. Since then, I've never stopped ! :p
I know noone (in real life...) who's watching Stargate either. But since I joined this forum, I can say I now have a lot of friends who are SG fans ! :D

Gatetrixer
October 4th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Hello!!! Sam/JAck Ship family.... My name is Rossana and I'm from Colombia (South America)... I've been whatching Stargate for about a year, and I love the show.. specially the S/J relationship...

I would like to participate in your forum...

I´m sorry if my english isn't good:S ... I'm learning it!!!!!

Bye

Hola, Rossana.

Gatetrixer
October 4th, 2005, 08:28 AM
LOL. Do you maybe mean, MRE's (meals, ready-to-eat)? I can't think why they would need to get there heads examines at the wedding. That will be the one sane thing they do!!

Oh, oh,my bad, yes, MRE's. :o

Gatetrixer
October 4th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Looking over the TV Guide Magazine and I found the article about the Atlantis ep "Grace Under Pressure" with Sam appearing as a hallucination to Rodney--with pictures of both of them really soaked). One of them she has her hand on his head and they're looking into each others' eyes. ARGGH!

A story right above it lists the "10 hottest kisses on DVD." Of course, no mention of the real Grace episode and the hot hallucinatory Sam/Jack kiss, but what a coincidence. Leading is "Ross and Rachel" second season.

Rogue
October 4th, 2005, 11:28 AM
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I just get tired of so many Sam fans bashing Jack all the time. From my perspective, he's been 100% honorable through the entire thing, whereas some see him as evil incarnate. <sigh>

I'm getting more and more sorry I come in here every night. Aren't there ANY Jack supporters left in this shipper family? (Rhetorical question - I don't expect answers.)

Sorry you feel that way. But I don't consider myself a Sam fan or a Jack fan. I am a Sam/Jack shipper. I don't think that either Sam or Jack walk on water. They both made mistakes over the years concerning their relationship. I wasn't trying to choose sides, I was just pointing out that Jack is not entirely innocent in this mess and neither is Sam.

I think TPTB have done Sam a great disservice. TPTB, which by the way is all male, knew how fans would react when giving Sam a boyfriend. They also knew how it would look when she accepted Pete's proposal. It seems there are only two types of women now, the betrayer and the sex object. I could think of a hundred ways to get these two together without sacrificing Sam's character. Fan fic has done a far superior job getting Sam and Jack together because they are not worrying about offending segments of the fandom.

IMO, we shouldn't be blaming Sam and Jack, its TPTB who are at fault. They are masters at pitting segments of fandom against each other. They are the ones who decide to drag this thing out season after season.

stargate barbie
October 4th, 2005, 12:14 PM
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I just get tired of so many Sam fans bashing Jack all the time. From my perspective, he's been 100% honorable through the entire thing, whereas some see him as evil incarnate. <sigh>

I'm getting more and more sorry I come in here every night. Aren't there ANY Jack supporters left in this shipper family? (Rhetorical question - I don't expect answers.)
i haven't seen anybody on this thread bash jack. all we're doing here is pointing out that sam and jack are equal in both their faults and qualities.

i definitely consider myself a jack supporter, but i also consider myself a sam supporter. i feel the need to defend her only because i feel that she is the one taking the brunt of the complaints and the blame whenever something doesn't go well for whatever fan it may be complaining.

personally, instead of pointing out, such a character did this, and thats why things suck! i'd prefer to be saying, remember when such a character did this, and how amazing and fantastic it was. unfortunately for me, most people don't seem to want that.

i love both sam and jack individually and together. (which they are :D )

stargate barbie
October 4th, 2005, 12:23 PM
prepare yourselves for a semi off topic semi rant here;

sky one suck! first, they said last week that they were going to show stargate true science with amanda tapping (or something along those lines), then they announce now that they are going to show the last episode from last season, and THEN! they just put on Lost City. they real stupid.

not that i object, great episode, nice shippy bits. (moebius) i was just all geared up for some nice light hearted hand touchy, relaxed sam/jack, funny team stuff, followed by some nice smoochies and a fishin' trip.
but i'll get over it, cos jack was yummy with the shaving, and the angsty eyes and the crossword bits were pretty great. and so on.

sugarshaker
October 4th, 2005, 12:38 PM
and dag nabbit i've forgotten what my point was here because i can't concentrate with your sig in view! this is how you win debates isn't it!?! you distract us with yummy pictures so we can't think or .... ah dammit!

heehee! My sig is my secret weapon! Everyone's drooling over Mala's Jack pics and they're not paying attention to how ridiculous my posts are. :D :D

sugarshaker
October 4th, 2005, 12:40 PM
IMO, we shouldn't be blaming Sam and Jack, its TPTB who are at fault. They are masters at pitting segments of fandom against each other. They are the ones who decide to drag this thing out season after season.

Yesssssss! My sentiments exactly.

stargate barbie
October 4th, 2005, 12:57 PM
heehee! My sig is my secret weapon! Everyone's drooling over Mala's Jack pics and they're not paying attention to how ridiculous my posts are. :D :D
well thats just ridiculo.... um, what was i saying?

stargate barbie
October 4th, 2005, 01:03 PM

i honestly don't think that they are aware when they write and film this stuff what will cause those reactions. for example, when they did avenger 2.0, they all loved it, thought it was just a bit of fun. even amanda thought the last scene was funny. now i loved that episode. but it created huge division among fans as to its appropriateness. a lot of people thought it was enormously sexist, and insulting. people started to hate felger, and so on.

now TPTB had no idea people would react that way. its very difficult to predict an audience. thats why feature films have test screenings and focus groups. unfortunately a tv show can't afford that luxury.

producers are stupid. i should know, i'm training to be one. :D

sueKay
October 4th, 2005, 01:19 PM
With the Sam/Jack and Sam and/or Jack supporter issue...I have to agree with Buc252.

IMO there's a lot of support for Sam now and less and less for Jack.

stargate barbie
October 4th, 2005, 01:45 PM
With the Sam/Jack and Sam and/or Jack supporter issue...I have to agree with Buc252.

IMO there's a lot of support for Sam now and less and less for Jack.
i think it's only starting to seem like that because more people are starting to defend sam now. and the only way we can do that is by pointing out that they have both done stuff. i'm more than willing to defend jack when people start picking on him.

its not that i'm not supporting jack just because i'm openly supporting sam. i'm just trying to show that they are just as good as each other. i've seen sam take so much hassle over the last two years, and until recently i've tried to reign myself in. but i've found my breaking point.

i love both of them equally, when sam started dating he who must not be mentioned, i was :mad: but i understood it, because i reasoned it out. when jack started doing, whatever it was he did with yer woman on edora, i wanted to slap him too. but i reasoned it out.

i don't blame either of them for their mistakes, and i love them for everything else. besides, its all done and dusted now. they're over it, shouldn't we be? lets not dwell and all that? if they're happy, then i'm happy. as long as they're happy together. otherwise i'm gonna be :mad: again.

:D

can't we all just get along!?!?!

Nikki
October 4th, 2005, 01:59 PM
I completely agree with you stargate barbie, I love both sam and jack and i love them even more together. Granted they have made mistakes in the past, but as barbie said they've gotten over them and so should we - its all in the past lets leave it there.

In my eyes sam and jack are equal and they both deserve as much loyalty and support from the fans as we can give them - so that the ship doesn't undermine they're characters, because it doesn't, it makes they're characters more realistic and endearing.

And to end on a shippy note: sam and jack together forever! :D

sueKay
October 4th, 2005, 02:02 PM
I'll just keep my mouth shut in the future then, cos I don't think anyone here would agree with my views on this particular subject :) ;)

:cool:

Rogue
October 4th, 2005, 02:13 PM
i think it's only starting to seem like that because more people are starting to defend sam now. and the only way we can do that is by pointing out that they have both done stuff. i'm more than willing to defend jack when people start picking on him.

its not that i'm not supporting jack just because i'm openly supporting sam. i'm just trying to show that they are just as good as each other. i've seen sam take so much hassle over the last two years, and until recently i've tried to reign myself in. but i've found my breaking point.

i love both of them equally, when sam started dating he who must not be mentioned, i was :mad: but i understood it, because i reasoned it out. when jack started doing, whatever it was he did with yer woman on edora, i wanted to slap him too. but i reasoned it out.

i don't blame either of them for their mistakes, and i love them for everything else. besides, its all done and dusted now. they're over it, shouldn't we be? lets not dwell and all that? if they're happy, then i'm happy. as long as they're happy together. otherwise i'm gonna be :mad: again.

:D

can't we all just get along!?!?!

In the past, I kinda felt that it was taboo around here to post something against Jack. Like you, I just kinda had enough of Sam taking most of the heat. I really don't think that this is a issue of whether to support Sam or Jack. I like both, and I like them even better together. But I think you need to look at it from both sides and both points of view. They are both to blame because they wouldn't talk about it, whether its Sam saying "leave it the room" or Jack saying "I know".

stargate barbie
October 4th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I'll just keep my mouth shut in the future then, cos I don't think anyone here would agree with my views on this particular subject :) ;)

:cool:
hey, you know i love ya. i'm just engaging in what i hope is mostly friendly debate here. and there are people here who clearly agree with you. buc252 and trupi for starters. and i'm sure many more. i'm sure there are a ton of people who disagree with both of us for that matter.

stargate barbie
October 4th, 2005, 02:42 PM
In the past, I kinda felt that it was taboo around here to post something against Jack. Like you, I just kinda had enough of Sam taking most of the heat. I really don't think that this is a issue of whether to support Sam or Jack. I like both, and I like them even better together. But I think you need to look at it from both sides and both points of view. They are both to blame because they wouldn't talk about it, whether its Sam saying "leave it the room" or Jack saying "I know".
oh yeah, they've both been idiots. but that what being in love is all about. :D
but god bless him he kept asking her to go fishing, and god bless her she just didn't understand what that meant. :rolleyes:
but everythings alright now. :D

by the by, i just read on another thread that in EDM in season 9
sam went to washington for a meeting with someone in the DoD? WASHINGTON!?! guys, so much fic potential here! she was in jack country. did nobody follow up on this? did she volunteer to go? what happened there!?! did she have enough time to see jack?

sueKay
October 4th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Hmm...Rogues...The NC17ers will have a field day with that tidbit!

for me...one forray into the world of Adult fic was enough...considering I was 16 when I wrote my NC17!!!!!!!!

Anywho...

I REALLY have to write some shippery goodness soon.

STARGATE7777
October 4th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Sorry to ask something OT but I just bought Season 8 DVD's in Canada. I have all the other seasons and have been able to access the audio commentaries through the episodes by clicking commentaries ON or OFF. Does anyone have season 8? It says on the box the commentaries are there (except for Threads , Grrrrr) but I can't figure out where to find them. Can anyone help?

stargate barbie
October 4th, 2005, 03:00 PM
just read an AT interview on the sam thread. she says that the whole sam/jack thing was fun to play at times and a bit of a pain at other times. and i totally get that. that to me says that she likes the sam/jack thing, its just too angsty sometimes. and she probably felt that it was starting to take over the character. thats the vibe i get from the context of the interview, and i kind of agree with her.