PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57

sg-1fanintn
September 28th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Gah. Nevermind. I shouldn't have prattled on. Ignore me. Back to the ship! :D
Well, actually, I want to know too. If you think it's inappropriate for the thread, you could PM Sally and me......just sayin'.

Wonder who he's seeing now?

And to stay on-topic: Sam & Jack forever!

SG1Poz
September 28th, 2005, 05:02 PM
But so far, I think it's fun watching their relationship evolve. And what's the first big problem? In-laws! And isn't it ironic that the in-law causing the problems is another DeLuise brother?????!!!!??

LOL!! I was thinking the same darn thing!! I can't help seeing :eek: AHH!! in his flooks. He gives me the chills.

Poz

SG1Poz
September 28th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Will this one due??

http://bestsmileys.com/puking/1.gif

:D

waterfall

eeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

Poz

majorsal
September 28th, 2005, 05:10 PM
And you know what is really stupid? She dates this guy for 2- 3 weeks and they decide to tell him about the stargate. Three weeks! You don't tell a casual bf or gf about the goverments most top seceret base. I can't believe they gave her persmission to tell Pete when she couldn't even tell her dying Dad what she was doing. If he couldn't accept her without knowing what she did, then he wasn't the right man for her.

spoilers for s9's stronghold

and the stupidity will get worse. i know we've talked about this spoiler before, but it goes with the stupidity of chimera.

from http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/9x13.shtmlhere (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/9x13.shtml)

Now, Ferguson is dying. A piece of shrapnel has caused an inoperable brain aneurism, and he has only days or weeks to live. Bitter and alone, Ferguson turns to his successful friend in his last days -- and wants Cameron to breach security regulations and tell him about his top-secret work at Cheyenne Mountain. Carter relates to Mitchell's dilemma, confessing that even had she not received clearance, she might have eventually told her father Jacob and Pete Shanahan about her work anyway.

again, WHY!? didn't pete getting told everything *after he'd spied on her* come off bad enough? now more damage to sam. :rolleyes: :(

sally :)

parsifal
September 28th, 2005, 05:15 PM

again, WHY!? didn't pete getting told everything *after he'd spied on her* come off bad enough? now more damage to sam. :rolleyes: :(

Yeah, there's no way to put a positive spin on that. The character's gone, but Sam is still being made to look foolish.

majorsal
September 28th, 2005, 05:16 PM
The second piece of major bad writing is at the beginning of this season when the team is split up and Sam is in research at Area 51 and taking care of Cassie and Jack is now I believe head of HomeWorld Security and they are still not in an open, no holes barred type relationship. Now come on with everything that they have been through and no regs to keep them apart we are still playing the cloak and dagger bit, still getting the "not exactly's". Why??? They are starting to make the characters unrealistic IMO.

yep. :rolleyes:

for *years*, we've been told that sam and jack couldn't be together because of the regs. then, in the last two-three years, they changed it to that they couldn't be together serving on the same team. then they added on with them on the same team and same base. well, isn't ALL of those barriers gone now???

majorsal
September 28th, 2005, 05:22 PM
He is mentioned entirely too often considering their relationship is OVER.

over. unwanted. unneeded. unbelievable.

majorsal
September 28th, 2005, 05:24 PM
And you know she probably won't mention Jack at all this season.

jack who?

oh, you mean that guy that used to be on sg1? and the guy she dumped whatshisname for?

sally, snark extraordinaire
:)

majorsal
September 28th, 2005, 05:39 PM
No, I still haven't got it yet... http://yelims.free.fr/Groumph/Triste10.gif
I've just sent a mail to Amazon to know if they were going to send it to me one day... :S

(((girlgater)))
All my thoughts and prayers to you and your family...

i had to send amazon an email to remind them that they still hadn't delivered my illustrated companion book for seasons 7 and 8. i got a reply, and was told i'd get it almost immediately. AND THEN THAT BOOK WAS THE DEVIL'S DISCIPLE and i returned it... :S

majorsal
September 28th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Oh yeah...a VERY IMPORTANT snipped I forgot to tell you all...

SPOILERS FOR RIPPLE EFFECT

AT says that both Teryl Rothery and J R Bourne appeared in the episode.

Hmm...TPTB's boot have developed a liking for shippers' teeth...

well, if they do sam/martouf ship, it'll almost complete the bring-back-every-past-admirer-of-sam's-to-torment-the-shippers-to-their-deaths scenario. all they need is narim and joe faxon...

Miz_Gatez
September 28th, 2005, 05:45 PM
0.0 So right, majorsal.

They must enjoy the tormenting of S/J shippers immensely...they're doing it enough *craves more info on the S/J current status*

stargate barbie
September 28th, 2005, 05:47 PM
jack who?

oh, you mean that guy that used to be on sg1? and the guy she dumped whatshisname for?

sally, snark extraordinaire
just remember, she did dump whatshisname. and is now doing happy things with jack. ya know why jack isn't around this year? cos sam wore him out and he can't get out of bed. unfortunately sam still needs to help save the world on occasion, so she can't be with him all the time, and she can't mention his name, cos when she does, she gets all distracted and stuff.
and thats my positive spin on the situation :D

Miz_Gatez
September 28th, 2005, 05:53 PM
0.0 LOL!

Now you've done it, I won't be able to concentrate on my science & algebra homework all night (sarcasm/on: And what a bummer THAT would be...sarcasm/off). ;) :D I'll be laughing too hard!!!

Gatetrixer
September 28th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Gah. Nevermind. I shouldn't have prattled on. Ignore me. Back to the ship! :D

Okay, but just wanted to say that has anyone else noticed that all of RDA's exes are dark haired, adding that I shouldn't say all, since I only know of the ones mentioned in RDAnderson.com., and I'm going by memory of their hair. But--no Sam copies. Oh, yeah,I know RDA is not Jack, really I do.

Katkin
September 28th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Aaarrgghhh altogether too much :eek: ! More Jack please TPTB.

So has anyone here read the new Sally Malcolm book ?? I thought it was great but would love to know what others think of it.

Quick drive-by from the RDA thunk thread… Cost of Honor is fantastic!!!! Beg, borrow or steal it as soon as you can, everyone!!!! ;)

Gatetrixer
September 28th, 2005, 06:20 PM
spoilers for s8's moebius'

i think i would have responded better to that moebius kiss if it had had *real* passion. these two ppl barely knew one another. for a first kiss was pretty nice. but at this point in time, the shippers for the 'original' sam and jack were chomping at the bit for a REAL kiss between them, ala Grace.

moebius ship between the alt sam and jack was sweet. very sweet. but for a last ep of this original team, and a supposed last chance for s/j ship while rick was still on the show... it was a letdown.

i take moebius for what it is. nothing more, nothing less. i actually do appreciate it and love it... but i'll always be waiting for a real kiss, a real relationship between the *real* sam and jack.

and gawd, i hope this isn't stretched out as long as it took for troi and riker to *finally* get together. sooo too little, sooo too late. please, ptb, *please* don't belittle the s/j relay like that. troi/riker was a shadow of what it could have been.

I haven't read very many Moebius Sam/Jack fics but here's one I ran across, "Same As It Ever Was" by Sue Corkill--not for the young'ns, however.

http://www.samandjack.net/directory/frames.html

It doesn't seem to be on her site, that I can find, but it's in the SamandJack Directory.

Gatetrixer
September 28th, 2005, 06:28 PM
I can't believe that spoiler. Talk about making one feel :S . I've got so many posts to catch up on...

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. My nephew was killed in a car accident last week and I've neither felt like being on-line, or had the time. I'm a firm believer in prayer and have faith that his immediate family will get through this.

Later.

My deepest sympathy to all your family.

Gatetrixer
September 28th, 2005, 06:36 PM
well, if they do sam/martouf ship, it'll almost complete the bring-back-every-past-admirer-of-sam's-to-torment-the-shippers-to-their-deaths scenario. all they need is narim and joe faxon...

Narim would have to come back as a boy, since he was Weir's bf on Atlantis. :rolleyes: Oh, or maybe as ancient man, can't overdo that boy character stuff.

Gatetrixer
September 28th, 2005, 06:51 PM

and the stupidity will get worse. i know we've talked about this spoiler before, but it goes with the stupidity of chimera.

from http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/9x13.shtmlhere (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/9x13.shtml)

Now, Ferguson is dying. A piece of shrapnel has caused an inoperable brain aneurism, and he has only days or weeks to live. Bitter and alone, Ferguson turns to his successful friend in his last days -- and wants Cameron to breach security regulations and tell him about his top-secret work at Cheyenne Mountain. Carter relates to Mitchell's dilemma, confessing that even had she not received clearance, she might have eventually told her father Jacob and Pete Shanahan about her work anyway.

I don't get it! She did tell :eek: Unless she means telling him about her individual adventures. And unfortunately I don't think she would have got to tell Jacob, since the the Tok-ra didn't let her leave until she said came up with the idea to have him receive the Sekmak symbiote.

Buc252
September 28th, 2005, 07:12 PM
I thought for sure Pete would have been history after lost city. Then the first chance they get in New Order, they bring up his name. You can tell by her reaction she didn't want to talk about Pete. I'm sure Teal'c was thinking "yeah, right". Sam's actions alone, showed that she was in love with Jack. If it had been Daniel frozen instead of Jack, she would be upset but not to the point of blackmailing Weir and risking her life to save him. I never bought into this internal clock, get a life, I'm settling for second best story line. Sam never struck me as a person who would settle for second best. I think she would have been totally miserable because for one he would have never understood her career and two she would always be wondering "what if ".

Considering the way that Sam looked at Jack when he was freezing over, and after he was frozen, I also was *sure* that was the end of Pete. If that wasn't pure love on her face, then nothing is! I just can't believe she would have, firstly, left him there frozen and, secondly, went back to Pete.

TPTB have indeed done a tremendous disservice to Sam, and Jack too, only at least his "other" was postponed until he was sure there was no possibility at all of his being with Sam.

ShimmeringStar
September 28th, 2005, 07:12 PM
I've been wondering that for a while. I've come to the conclusion that something must have been said or communicated somehow prior to D & C. In that episode he says "oh that", when Sam talks about the things they can't admit to given their military ranks.

The first time I saw it, I thought I must have missed something, but I'm now assuming that either they discussed it off-screen between Nemesis & Small Victories (there is definitely a more relaxed feel to their (working) relationship at the beginning of Small Victories). If this was the case, the off-screen nature of such a discussion would be really frustrating for us shippers.

or

They simultaneously realised that their feelings for each other were mutual when they were stuck on either side of the forcefield in Upgrades/D & C

or

I'm on the wrong track completely in both cases.

Obviously, I've spent way too much time thinking about this :p :DOh... I don't think you're on the wrong track! :) If you are then I'm stuck on the wrong train right along with you! :p :D

IMOHO by S3 J & J had gotten to know each other pretty well after the multitude of intense life and death experiences they’d had up to that point. I think they knew (but had chosen not to act on) their mutual attraction… I mean they’d had a year to mull on (S1’s) TBftGoG’s implication that they were an item.

Then came PoV which to me seemed like a turning point. While TBftGoG was just about S & J having gotten engaged, PoV introduced ‘our’ S/J to the idea of a ship serious enough to get to the point of commitment - a full-blown year-long marriage between AU S/J. IMO, that was when Jack really began to look at Sam in a more serious ship way. Sam had her ‘Eureka! I really do love the guy’ moment not long after that in A Hundred Days.

Then that fishing invite in the S3 season finale - Nemesis! They finally were nearly at complete ease with each other personally and professionally, knew there was some sparkage and were ready to see about acting on it. So Jack put the invite out there. ‘Course events, as always, intervened….. :o :rolleyes: :p

Ok…. All that sets the stage for your question/musing…. I wholeheartedly agree that during that infamous few days (or week) that S & J were stuck on that planet alone with Teal’c that talking (at a minimum) went on. Big time flirting and I’m sure some instigation by the biggest shipper himself, Mr. T… :) also went on...

*big grin* Oh scjon, to have known what conversations and actions went on during their time on that planet would have been wonderful! Whatever it was, the two of them came back even more at ease with each other than before. I mean I know Small Victories was the first episode of the S4 season and the actors had come back refreshed and very happy to see each other and to be there for another season (not to mention that friendship between AT and RDA coming through in their acting…), but in the context that this easiness and gentle playfulness the characters showed on-screen... yeppers…. I sure think some talking got done or some truly heavy duty flirting that was still within regs (for being stranded off-world :rolleyes: :cool: ) got done that made things pretty clear to the three of them... (and yessssss… it’s very frustrating to know we’re supposed to always fill in the blanks on these things!!!!)

I think when Upgrades happened it just reinforced what had happened earlier. It was the culmination of all of those years and of that past year especially… the situation pressed Jack between that proverbial rock and a hard place and he decided he couldn’t/wouldn’t hide it anymore. He had to make a choice… and he chose Sam. :)

parsifal
September 28th, 2005, 07:13 PM
I don't get it! She did tell :eek: Unless she means telling him about her individual adventures. And unfortunately I don't think she would have got to tell Jacob, since the the Tok-ra didn't let her leave until she said came up with the idea to have him receive the Sekmak symbiote.

S9 "Stronghold" She seems to be implying that she would have considered telling :eek: about the Stargate even if the USAF had told her to stay completely quiet. This, of course, completely contradicts the basis of the impediment to a S/J resolution all these years. If she felt she didn't have the right to decide which regs she would or would not follow re: Jack because of the importance of the program, why would :eek: somehow warrant such consideration? If this line stays in the episode, it's another massive blow to Sam's integrity.

Buc252
September 28th, 2005, 07:16 PM
And you know what is really stupid? She dates this guy for 2- 3 weeks and they decide to tell him about the stargate. Three weeks! You don't tell a casual bf or gf about the goverments most top seceret base. I can't believe they gave her persmission to tell Pete when she couldn't even tell her dying Dad what she was doing. If he couldn't accept her without knowing what she did, then he wasn't the right man for her.

I absolutely agree. And don't forget that Jacob was an air force general, and he was still deemed unsuitable to tell about the Stargate. There is no *way* they'd let a civilian cop know.

sg-1fanintn
September 28th, 2005, 07:18 PM
yep. :rolleyes:

for *years*, we've been told that sam and jack couldn't be together because of the regs. then, in the last two-three years, they changed it to that they couldn't be together serving on the same team. then they added on with them on the same team and same base. well, isn't ALL of those barriers gone now???

Joe replied to me once (before I unsubscribed from his thread and became a happier person) that once Sam and Jack got together, that would be the end of them ever going through the stargate together again. Of course, you know that my response is, "Well, why?" But that goes back to that Hart to Hart and McMillan & Wife discussion we've been having. But aside from that.....if Joe truly believes that, maybe they don't want to totally commit because they think RDA will come back......

Lookin' for a little slice of heaven here, ladies!

majorsal
September 28th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Okay, but just wanted to say that has anyone else noticed that all of RDA's exes are dark haired, adding that I shouldn't say all, since I only know of the ones mentioned in RDAnderson.com., and I'm going by memory of their hair. But--no Sam copies. Oh, yeah,I know RDA is not Jack, really I do.

naw, he went around with deidre hall, from days of our lives. and she's blond! ;)

sally :D

Buc252
September 28th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Anybody have a good puking smilie? I wish I had one to insert here. One more mention of :eek: is two too many. How can Cam be torn between telling him or not as he really doesn't have a choice? The regulations are the regulations - right? Oh wait! No! They're only the regulations when it comes to ship. (insert sarcastic tone here). :rolleyes:

How's this one?

http://bestsmileys.com/puking/1.gif

or

http://bestsmileys.com/puking/2.gif

or

http://bestsmileys.com/puking/3.gif

or

http://bestsmileys.com/puking/5.gif

or

http://bestsmileys.com/puking/7.gif

Okay, maybe that was more than you wanted, but every single one of them reminds me of :eek: and/or TPTB

Buc252
September 28th, 2005, 07:35 PM
yes but people are flawed, all people. and just because they make decisions like settling to marry someone that they know is not the all time love of their life, it does not make them bad people. some of the lines of conversation here lately are sounding decidedly anti carter. like its all her fault that they didn't get together and jack was the victim. before sam had pete, jack had kynthia and laira and alternate sam.
my point here is that neither of them are at fault, they've both hurt each other equally and been equally good for each other.

just because people do these things, it does not make them bad people. in my view, sam is one of the most pure, best written and least corrupt characters on television, while still being realistic. now i know that there are people here who disagree, and thats fine. its why i spend more and more time on the sam thread, to feel better.

your above comment actually helps to prove my point in a way though. 50% of marriages end in divorce because people do what sam did. so what she did is fairly normal. in a way she did the same thing jack did in a hundred days. thought she couldn't have what she wanted, so tried to settle, and started to become happy. then discovered that she could have what she wanted, was a little torn about hurting someone she had grown to love, but did the right thing for all concerned in the end.

Actually, I have to take issue with parts of this. Firstly, I do believe it was mostly Sam's fault, because she "moved on" without ever having had "the talk" with Jack. I totally support her right to move on, but since they'd acknowledged mutual feelings in D&C, she owed him at least that much. She should have gone to him and said, "if we can't figure out a way around this, I'm going to move on," and let him either come up with a way to be together or he'd know he has to step aside.

You cite Kynthia, Laira, and AU as cases where Jack was intentionally hurtful to her, and I find that very unfair. He never did anything with the knowledge that it would hurt her, I don't believe. Sam *had* to know that :eek: would hurt Jack. With Kynthia, Jack was drugged. With Laira, he waited a long, long time until he was completely convinced he was *never* getting home. And AU Sam was one kiss, for nothing more than comfort's sake. That doesn't even *count* as a relationship any more than Graham Simmons does with Sam. (Remember Sam comforting him in the infirmary? <g> Actually, I like him a lot, and he's a cutie, but not for Sam.)

But all that aside, just because she did, IMO, something that was very hurtful to Jack does not mean she's a bad *person*. There's an old expression, "hate the sin, love the sinner." A person can *do* a bad thing without *being* a bad person. Jack probably hurt *all* his teammates quite a lot when he turned on them in Shades of Gray - Sam in particular - but that doesn't make him bad either.

I really don't think that any of the regular Stargate people (Season 9 notwithstanding, since I'm not watching it) could ever be construed as bad, even if they do bad things from time to time. Bad people would have to be somebody like Colonel Simmons, the Goa'uld, or, yes, Pete. <g>

Gatetrixer
September 28th, 2005, 07:54 PM
naw, he went around with deidre hall, from days of our lives. and she's blond! ;)

Ok, didn't know that-- like I said I don't know all of 'em (who could?) and anyway don't know anything about her at all.

sg-1fanintn
September 28th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Hey everyone!

fly by post...

had flick through all the new Sci fi mags that were out this week...In one, there was an interview with RDA which was basically just a roundup of what he's been up to. One non-shippy quote was

"The time has finally come when it feels right in all counts to say 'bon voyage' to my stargate family"

Hello! Am I the only one bothered by this? That quote really upsets me! I mean, we don't know what mag it came from, and we know their journalistic integrity may not be the best, but still.....

In the discussion we had here over the last couple of days on the future of the ship, trupi mentioned that Don Davis had told her that RDA thought fans were angry with him for leaving the show. We talked about letting him know how much we miss him and how he needs to wrap up his storyline. We talked about doing this through a web site, but I think I have a way that would be more effective--by sending letters to his agent and Gekko. I contacted minigeek, and she got the addresses below for me. I think mail sent to one or both of these places would be much more likely to reach him.

Here's the information I have.

Richard Dean Anderson
c/o Gekko Film Corporation
1122 South Robertson, Boulevard, Suite 15
Los Angeles, CA 90035, USA

Richard Dean Anderson
c/o ICM (International Creative Management)
8942 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills
CA 90211, USA

minigeek also suggested checking the Screen Actors Guild for addresses that might get mail to him, but I'm having trouble navigating their web site. So, I'd suggest these for now.....and I'm going to write. I'm also going to post this message on the RDA/Jack Thunk Thread. You know those Gutter Gals!

How many would write? Could you post here and give us an idea?

Queen Eleta
September 28th, 2005, 08:30 PM
Don't forget that Jack was also involved with Kerry Johnson .
(does season 8 still need spoiler tags?)
I don't blame Sam for getting involved with :eek: . We all make mistakes. I actually felt bad for the guy, because I don't think Sam ever 'let go' of Jack after 'Grace' like TPTB seem to think. Sam was just confused and wanted a life away from the SGC, and grabbed onto someone who she thought could provide that. People get married for the wrong reasons sometimes, hoping that in the end it will all work out. Sam (and all of SG-1) have been through a lot and sometimes I am surprise they are not ALL a little crazy.

I will write!!! I had been thinking about that since I heard what Don Davis said!! Hmmm. I've never written a fan letter before. What should we say?

nell
September 28th, 2005, 08:36 PM

((((sg-1fanintn))))
Count me in!!! In addition, what about letters to TPTB in Vancouver? Even if RDA won't get letters sent to Vancouver, I want TPTB to know that we miss him!!!! :p ;)

Myrth
September 28th, 2005, 08:37 PM
I will... it would be sad if the negative voice was heard only because the positive was silent. Great idea!

Hello! Am I the only one bothered by this? That quote really upsets me! I mean, we don't know what mag it came from, and we know their journalistic integrity may not be the best, but still.....

In the discussion we had here over the last couple of days on the future of the ship, trupi mentioned that Don Davis had told her that RDA thought fans were angry with him for leaving the show. We talked about letting him know how much we miss him and how he needs to wrap up his storyline. We talked about doing this through a web site, but I think I have a way that would be more effective--by sending letters to his agent and Gekko. I contacted minigeek, and she got the addresses below for me. I think mail sent to one or both of these places would be much more likely to reach him.

Richard Dean Anderson

Richard Dean Anderson
8942 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills
CA 90211, USA

minigeek also suggested checking the Screen Actors Guild for addresses that might get mail to him, but I'm having trouble navigating their web site. So, I'd suggest these for now.....and I'm going to write. I'm also going to post this message on the RDA/Jack Thunk Thread. You know those Gutter Gals!

ses110
September 28th, 2005, 09:06 PM
parsifal I agree 100%.Sam would not break Regs for Jack but Sam would break Regs for Someone who stalker her.This would be another big hit for the Sam character.You have to wonder do TPTB even think about what they put in the Show anymore?

ses110
September 28th, 2005, 09:13 PM
Mary could not have said it better myself.Jack was not at fault with both Women and both happened before D&C.Sam had the right to move on.I just think it would have been nice to see Sam and Jack have the Adult conversation in Chimera.IMO Sam owed it to Jack.I would say the same think about Jack if Jack was the one who moved on first.

majorsal
September 28th, 2005, 09:15 PM

Richard Dean Anderson

Richard Dean Anderson
8942 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills
CA 90211, USA

i'll write.

i'll write for jack. i'll write for rda. and i'll write for s/j ship.

Gatetrixer
September 28th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Narim would have to come back as a boy, since he was Weir's bf on Atlantis. :rolleyes: Oh, or maybe as ancient man, can't overdo that boy character stuff.

That didn't come out right. I meant as a real old man, as a contrast to a young boy. Being sarcastic, of course. We don't know if Narim or Joe are really dead anyway, so they are probably doing their darnedest to firgure out a way to have them back, however briefly.

Gatetrixer
September 28th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Don't forget that Jack was also involved with Kerry Johnson .
(does season 8 still need spoiler tags?)
I don't blame Sam for getting involved with :eek: . We all make mistakes. I actually felt bad for the guy, because I don't think Sam ever 'let go' of Jack after 'Grace' like TPTB seem to think. Sam was just confused and wanted a life away from the SGC, and grabbed onto someone who she thought could provide that. People get married for the wrong reasons sometimes, hoping that in the end it will all work out. Sam (and all of SG-1) have been through a lot and sometimes I am surprise they are not ALL a little crazy.

I will write!!! I had been thinking about that since I heard what Don Davis said!! Hmmm. I've never written a fan letter before. What should we say?

I suppose it's a no-brainer to tell him that we understand his reason(s) for leaving and are not mad at him, but he's got to understand that. And whether he comes back or not I don't think those feelings shouldn't change. Then we get into the incomplet story line, etc.

majorsal
September 29th, 2005, 12:14 AM
I suppose it's a no-brainer to tell him that we understand his reason(s) for leaving and are not mad at him, but he's got to understand that. And whether he comes back or not I don't think those feelings shouldn't change. Then we get into the incomplet story line, etc.

well, i just hope that when/if jack's whereabouts are ever fully explained, it's pro s/j shippy!

majorsal
September 29th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Joe replied to me once (before I unsubscribed from his thread and became a happier person) that once Sam and Jack got together, that would be the end of them ever going through the stargate together again. Of course, you know that my response is, "Well, why?" But that goes back to that Hart to Hart and McMillan & Wife discussion we've been having. But aside from that.....if Joe truly believes that, maybe they don't want to totally commit because they think RDA will come back......

Lookin' for a little slice of heaven here, ladies!

don't you know that if sam and jack hooked up, they'd never be able to concentrate on other things again! :rolleyes:

sam and jack being married *and* going through the stargate together with the team wouldn't mean that all their scenes/activities would be centered around them being a couple. it's insane to think otherwise.

sueKay
September 29th, 2005, 03:33 AM
hey all!

Well...I'm thinking of writing to RDA...I think he's a great guy and I want him to know how much we love him.

BTW - What's going on with the forum??? It looks different...has there been a vbulletin upgrade?

Well...gotta run :D

florence
September 29th, 2005, 04:45 AM
hey all!

Well...I'm thinking of writing to RDA...I think he's a great guy and I want him to know how much we love him.

BTW - What's going on with the forum??? It looks different...has there been a vbulletin upgrade?

Well...gotta run :D
Yes, there's been a vbulletin upgrade (you can find details here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4542640#post4542640)). A few nice changes : you can now see who's viewing the thread at the same time for instance :) You can also edit your posts in line.
Oh, and 'My Controls' are now on the top left (it took me a few minutes to find it ! :p )
There are still some things that need to be fixated (all links and user names appear in white, instead of black or dark blue) but I think Darren and Greg are working on it :)

Rogue
September 29th, 2005, 05:24 AM

So now we are suppose to believe that Season 9Sam would break the regs for Pete but not for Jack. For her to admit that she would have done that bothers me. How much more character damage are they going to inflict on Sam? Its one thing messing with your CO, its another leaking information about a top secret base.

shelsfc
September 29th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Girlgater, I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew. My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family.

shelsfc
September 29th, 2005, 05:55 AM
so, the sky one ep in the uk and ireland tonight was Window of Opportunity, yay! love that ep, very shippy. just look at how they look at one another. next week is a behind the scenes thing by the looks of it. not much hope for ship though, i'm guessing.

What a great ep!! It put me in a good mood last night that seems to have lasted until today! How about a pic?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b194/shelsfcfan/jacksamwoo2.jpg

Sorry everyone on dial-up for the size!
Cap from stargatecaps.com

Sum1
September 29th, 2005, 06:29 AM
So now we are suppose to believe that Season 9Sam would break the regs for Pete but not for Jack. For her to admit that she would have done that bothers me. How much more character damage are they going to inflict on Sam? Its one thing messing with your CO, its another leaking information about a top secret base.
You'e 100% right - it would be treason for her to tell someone who is not authorized to know, just like the producer told the reporter Ms. Donovan in "Prometheus", "if you go foreign with this they could charge you with treason". If a reporter who has not bound by military regulations would be committing treason, then of course a soldier/sailor/airman would be.

pittsburghgirl
September 29th, 2005, 07:14 AM
You'e 100% right - it would be treason for her to tell someone who is not authorized to know, just like the producer told the reporter Ms. Donovan in "Prometheus", "if you go foreign with this they could charge you with treason". If a reporter who has not bound by military regulations would be committing treason, then of course a soldier/sailor/airman would be.
yeah just another way to kick Sam upside her head. that whole tell all deal that they pulled just made no sense to me. They wrote themselves into a hole and couldn't get out of it.

is it possible that skiffy and the guys at bridge are that deluded?

one of the more intelligent scifi dramas on tv and turned into -what?? gilligan's island?

Rogue
September 29th, 2005, 11:18 AM
yeah just another way to kick Sam upside her head. that whole tell all deal that they pulled just made no sense to me. They wrote themselves into a hole and couldn't get out of it.

is it possible that skiffy and the guys at bridge are that deluded?

one of the more intelligent scifi dramas on tv and turned into -what?? gilligan's island?

or worse, one of Sci-fi channels Original movies.

pittsburghgirl
September 29th, 2005, 12:00 PM
or worse, one of Sci-fi channels Original movies.
that is a disaster-they can't even manage to make an original that people actually want to watch

LaCroix
September 29th, 2005, 12:09 PM
My problem with this whole thing is it sounds like their retconning season 2 and season 7 and 8.

ETA: When you start to retcon prior episodes, then the entire show fails.

stargate barbie
September 29th, 2005, 01:02 PM
With Laira, he waited a long, long time until he was completely convinced he was *never* getting home

with pete, sam waited seven years until she was convinced that she could never be with jack, and believed that he no longer had romantic feelings here. my point was that i don't think either character should be blamed for anything. each of them have tried to move on at various points, neither succeeded. sam didn't really know that she was hurting jack, jack didn't really know that he was hurting sam. as far as i'm concerned its a balanced situation.

i could go on with my feelings on this, but i think i'd be wasting my time. i think its safe to say, that we disagree on this and always will. it just irks me when people try to say its all "insert either characters name" 's fault. there was a time when most people on line were saying, ooh its all jacks fault, and i would try to defend him. now its the other way 'round and i do the same.

ST-1
September 29th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Hey, looks like this thread needs a :) happy bump! :)

I was thinking about all the "subtle" ship between S&J, and the one thing that really sticks out is how they are almost always very close together: sitting, walking, standing, etc. Seiously, think about it: unless she has to go do something else, especially while offworld, Sam stays magnetically attached to Jack's side. In some instances, she's almost clingy. She's ESPECIALLY clingy in COG...right from the beginning, she knew she could trust Jack to get her "settled in" as part of SG-1. And right to the end, in Moiebus, did anyone else notice how quickly AU Sam adopted that clinginess? By M2, she and AU Jack were practically joined at the hip. Even in the video at the end, AU Sam is RIGHT behind AU Jack. IMO, regardless of AT's insistence that it never happen, Sam DOES become "Jack's girl." It's just SO obvious! :)

Anybody else have "subtle ship" to share?

trupi
September 29th, 2005, 01:33 PM

Richard Dean Anderson

Richard Dean Anderson
8942 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills
CA 90211, USA

I'll write and so will the kids (he is sucker for kids)!

Rogue
September 29th, 2005, 01:38 PM

I was thinking about all the "subtle" ship between S&J, and the one thing that really sticks out is how they are almost always very close together: sitting, walking, standing, etc. Seiously, think about it: unless she has to go do something else, especially while offworld, Sam stays magnetically attached to Jack's side. In some instances, she's almost clingy. She's ESPECIALLY clingy in COG...right from the beginning, she knew she could trust Jack to get her "settled in" as part of SG-1. And right to the end, in Moiebus, did anyone else notice how quickly AU Sam adopted that clinginess? By M2, she and AU Jack were practically joined at the hip. Even in the video at the end, AU Sam is RIGHT behind AU Jack. IMO, regardless of AT's insistence that it never happen, Sam DOES become "Jack's girl." It's just SO obvious! :)

How about in 1969, Sam and Jack are always sitting next to each other. On the bus and around the campfire.

Lynn
September 29th, 2005, 01:39 PM
OK - well we all know that the only way for us to fix this to OUR satisfaction is to do it in the fanfic world.

So for those of you who have been following Sam and Jack's movements in my fic "Instant Message" the next chap (Ch 7) is up: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2537204/1/

Thanks to everyone for their support of this fic - especially Nell :)

shelsfc
September 29th, 2005, 01:48 PM
with pete, sam waited seven years until she was convinced that she could never be with jack, and believed that he no longer had romantic feelings here. my point was that i don't think either character should be blamed for anything. each of them have tried to move on at various points, neither succeeded. sam didn't really know that she was hurting jack, jack didn't really know that he was hurting sam. as far as i'm concerned its a balanced situation.

i could go on with my feelings on this, but i think i'd be wasting my time. i think its safe to say, that we disagree on this and always will. it just irks me when people try to say its all "insert either characters name" 's fault. there was a time when most people on line were saying, ooh its all jacks fault, and i would try to defend him. now its the other way 'round and i do the same.

I think that's fair, neither one of them was completely to blame. As you said, they've both tried to move on, and the fact that they weren't able to speaks volumes about their feelings for each other anyway.

I think if they had realised that they were hurting each other, they wouldn't have done it. And Affinity is an example of that when Sam shows Jack the ring. I do think that the way she did it was very harsh, and Jack was visibly crushed. But IMO, Sam didn't realise that - I think she was too confused about her own feelings at that time to notice his.
I think the same is true of Jack at the end of A Hundred Days. He must have been confused about his feelings for Laira, and how he felt about going home... I do think he hurt Sam when he walked away from her to Laira, but he just didn't realise it - he had no idea what she had gone through to get him back.

And, since I'm on the subject anyway, I don't believe Jack really loved Laira. Ya know, if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with :D

Rogue
September 29th, 2005, 02:12 PM
I think that's fair, neither one of them was completely to blame. As you said, they've both tried to move on, and the fact that they weren't able to speaks volumes about their feelings for each other anyway.

I think if they had realised that they were hurting each other, they wouldn't have done it. And Affinity is an example of that when Sam shows Jack the ring. I do think that the way she did it was very harsh, and Jack was visibly crushed. But IMO, Sam didn't realise that - I think she was too confused about her own feelings at that time to notice his.
I think the same is true of Jack at the end of A Hundred Days. He must have been confused about his feelings for Laira, and how he felt about going home... I do think he hurt Sam when he walked away from her to Laira, but he just didn't realise it - he had no idea what she had gone through to get him back.

And, since I'm on the subject anyway, I don't believe Jack really loved Laira. Ya know, if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with :D

I agree. I really don't think Sam meant to hurt Jack with the ring. IMO, she believed that Jack didn't have feelings for her. After all, she tried to tell him how she felt in the engine room and all she got was a "I know". Maybe after that encounter she thought that Jack didn't want to hurt her by telling her he didn't care for her anymore. If it was me, thats how I would interpret his actions.

I don't think Jack meant to hurt Sam with Laira, nor do I think he was in love with her either. Jack isn't a love them, leave them type guy. He had just slept with her and didn't know how to deal with it. Did he really want her to come back with him? I think he asked her because he didn't know what else to do.

Myrth
September 29th, 2005, 02:56 PM
See, my take on the whole ring scene in Affinity was that Sam was hoping Jack would give her a reason to say no. Her words.. "What about you?". I thought she was looking for something from him, but it didn't come. And I think that that was because Jack wanted to see her happy above wanting her and beleived Pete could give her what he couldn't at that point in time. True love people.. it was a comedy of misunderstandings if you will.. and very "real". Just a thought.. :)
I agree. I really don't think Sam meant to hurt Jack with the ring. IMO, she believed that Jack didn't have feelings for her. After all, she tried to tell him how she felt in the engine room and all she got was a &quot;I know&quot;. Maybe after that encounter she thought that Jack didn't want to hurt her by telling her he didn't care for her anymore. If it was me, thats how I would interpret his actions.

I don't think Jack meant to hurt Sam with Laira, nor do I think he was in love with her either. Jack isn't a love them, leave them type guy. He had just slept with her and didn't know how to deal with it. Did he really want her to come back with him? I think he asked her because he didn't know what else to do.

stargate barbie
September 29th, 2005, 03:13 PM
See, my take on the whole ring scene in Affinity was that Sam was hoping Jack would give her a reason to say no. Her words.. "What about you?". I thought she was looking for something from him, but it didn't come. And I think that that was because Jack wanted to see her happy above wanting her and beleived Pete could give her what he couldn't at that point in time. True love people.. it was a comedy of misunderstandings if you will.. and very "real". Just a thought.. :)
thoughts on the worst stargae episode ever (assinity) and brief mention of threads/moebius/EDM.

i don't think that she was trying to hurt him, nor was he trying to hurt her, but she may have been trying to push him a bit into showing that he loved her, and they each misunderstood what the other was saying and ended up hurting each other. fortunately for us, it all worked out in the end, and despite a bit of angst all 'round, they ended up together. :D

Rogue
September 29th, 2005, 03:17 PM

I guess thats what happens when two people don't talk to each other. It makes me wonder if TPTB ever talk to their wives.

stargate barbie
September 29th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Look at Sams leg. . .

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a200/SuSiE_SG1/aca.jpg
was browsing back through the thread and came across this gem, just thought it was worth revisiting. :D

Queen Eleta
September 29th, 2005, 04:06 PM
was browsing back through the thread and came across this gem, just thought it was worth revisiting. :D

*sigh* I love that picture. Sam should have just sat in his lap and saved the chair for someone else!:D

Queen Eleta
September 29th, 2005, 04:16 PM
I guess thats what happens when two people don't talk to each other. It makes me wonder if TPTB ever talk to their wives.

Whoa! That was harsh!:D But I know what you mean. I actually think that they wrote it like that intentionally, which would mean they understand the 'misunderstandings'. Male writers tend to write from the male POV first, but I understand that AT has always been able to set them straight on how a woman would do or say something. At least how that particular, ONE woman would.
As far as the 'ship goes, something still tells me that if you save the world eight times, you would probably not be court-martialled for 'fishing' with your CO.

stargate barbie
September 29th, 2005, 04:20 PM
*sigh* I love that picture. Sam should have just sat in his lap and saved the chair for someone else!:D
thats what i would've done. i suppose i'm just more considerate to other people. *sigh*:rolleyes:

sg-1fanintn
September 29th, 2005, 04:43 PM
((((sg-1fanintn))))
Count me in!!! In addition, what about letters to TPTB in Vancouver? Even if RDA won't get letters sent to Vancouver, I want TPTB to know that we miss him!!!! :p ;)
Excellent idea! I can find the Bridge address from our Blue Jello campaign on the Sam thread last summer. If someone hasn't already posted it, I will.

Yes.....this is just the approach I was thinking about taking.

sg-1fanintn
September 29th, 2005, 04:49 PM
don't you know that if sam and jack hooked up, they'd never be able to concentrate on other things again! :rolleyes:

sam and jack being married *and* going through the stargate together with the team wouldn't mean that all their scenes/activities would be centered around them being a couple. it's insane to think otherwise.

I tell you.....it's that dang Moonlighting syndrome (Get 'em together--ruin the show--yada, yada, yada). But there are a few ways they COULD go back through the gate together.....and since RDA will make only limited appearances in the future (optimism), they certainly wouldn't run out of those. Maybe we should send them some ideas.

Miz_Gatez
September 29th, 2005, 05:56 PM
*sigh* I have to admit, if I were Sam and Sam & Jack were married, I'd be pretty distracted every time Jack was present ;) *whistles* :D

majorsal
September 29th, 2005, 06:05 PM

i totally agree. *both* of them have made bad decisions and didn't take opportunities to change/alter/rectify things that were going in unwanted direction. both. or should i say, they took 'some' initiative, but didn't go on with it to it's desirable conclusion.

Miz_Gatez
September 29th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Neither Jack nor Sam should be blamed...

The USAF should be. :D (Yeah...I do realize those frat rules are put there for a reason...but really...*yearns for S&J Smooch*)

LadyJeep
September 29th, 2005, 06:12 PM

Richard Dean Anderson

Richard Dean Anderson
8942 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills
CA 90211, USA

I was also bothered by this:S Hugh RDA fan here. I'll definitely write. ;)

majorsal
September 29th, 2005, 06:20 PM
spoilers for s8's affinity

i can't remember where joe made this remark, but i'm 100 percent positive when i say that he confirmed your theory. i *loved* hearing that too. :D

Miz_Gatez
September 29th, 2005, 06:23 PM
What I don't get is how someone who's obviously such a great actor can get such a dumb idea...

WE WANT RDA!

Umm...yeah, that pretty much sums it up for me :D

ST-1
September 29th, 2005, 06:32 PM
What I don't get is how someone who's obviously such a great actor can get such a dumb idea...

I'm guessing he's a bit more sensitive than he lets on, and self-depricating too. Of course, that could be my GG side speaking... :o

stargate barbie
September 29th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I'm guessing he's a bit more sensitive than he lets on, and self-depricating too. Of course, that could be my GG side speaking... :o
nah he totally is. if you've seen the easter egg on the lost city dvd, RDA "my life as a mime" or a lot of interviews with him i guess, you kind of get an insight into that. he makes fun of himself easily, but there's some lack of confidence underneath it i think. i can recognise it in people i think because that how i am. amanda tapping is the same. they're both quite humble.

Buc252
September 29th, 2005, 07:12 PM

This isn't really subtle ship, but it is interesting. In the beginning of the show, we really didn't see them together that much while on missions. Most of the time, Jack would say, "Carter, you're with Teal'c. Daniel, with me."

Now I know that made the slashers squee, I'm sure, but it was logical. Daniel was the most inexperienced warrior, so Jack would want to keep an eye on him. But as the years went on, and Daniel became more independent and trained, it shifted, and became, "Carter, you're with me. Daniel, with Teal'c." Now, seeing that Daniel is self-reliant, he can keep Sam close to him, the one he cares for the most.

I did find it interesting in S6 that Jack didn't stay close to Jonas in the same way he stayed close to Daniel in those early years. I'd like to think it's because he sees him as being more capable, but I'm afraid it was just more that, by that time, he liked having Sam with him and wasn't really crazy about having such a bubbly person around him. LOL

Miz_Gatez
September 29th, 2005, 07:57 PM
See, my take on the whole ring scene in Affinity was that Sam was hoping Jack would give her a reason to say no. Her words.. "What about you?".

I know at the moment Jack wouldn't have said anything 'cos of the regs, but my unreasonable side kept shouting, "YOU IDIOT!! YOU PRACTICALLY ORDERED HER TO SAY YES!!! TURN AROUND RIGHT NOW AND TELL HER HOW YOU REALLY FEEL!!!"

But alas...such a thing could only end in tears for our S&J :(

And so reason (and maturity) wins this time :o

Gatetrixer
September 29th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Had good news today. Biopsy (on me)--results are benign!

nell
September 29th, 2005, 08:44 PM

Great news!!! You must be relieved!!:)

girlgater
September 30th, 2005, 04:04 AM
Morning shippers! I'm bumping this thread up where it belongs (gee that sounds like a song). Oh well, keeping OT Sam & Jack forever.

nell
September 30th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Morning shippers! I'm bumping this thread up where it belongs (gee that sounds like a song). Oh well, keeping OT Sam & Jack forever.

GOOD MORNING!!!:p :D :) ;) :p
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/UKLD_043.jpg

sueKay
September 30th, 2005, 05:12 AM
(((gatetrixer)))

So glad the results were clear

pittsburghgirl
September 30th, 2005, 05:44 AM
yay! good news for you.

Cathain Nottingham
September 30th, 2005, 07:43 AM
GOOD MORNING!!!:p :D :) ;) :p
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/UKLD_043.jpg

Perfect way to start my day! Thanks Nell!

Katkin
September 30th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Quick drive-by… can’t bear to see the toothsome twosome below any thread to do with Rodney McKay. Have enjoyed reading all the debate about whose fault it was that the various misunderstandings have occurred. Don’t forget, shippers, it was Sam who apparently wanted to ‘leave it in the room’. I think Jack has tried to respect her feelings…;)

girlgater
September 30th, 2005, 10:54 AM
Quick drive-by… can’t bear to see the toothsome twosome below any thread to do with Rodney McKay. Have enjoyed reading all the debate about whose fault it was that the various misunderstandings have occurred. Don’t forget, shippers, it was Sam who apparently wanted to ‘leave it in the room’. I think Jack has tried to respect her feelings…;)

I know Sam left it in the room, but still, don't you think that there should come a point in time when Jack steps up to the plate, does the man thing, and says enough is enough "let's be together." :D

Rogue
September 30th, 2005, 11:05 AM
I know Sam left it in the room, but still, don't you think that there should come a point in time when Jack steps up to the plate, does the man thing, and says enough is enough "let's be together." :D

You would think sooner or later something would have happened. Unfortunately for us it was the later, much later.

nickatell
September 30th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Are you guys as afraid as I am that what TPTB gave us as a "so called resolution" between Jack and Sam really might be all we get? Everyone has to write to convince RDA that first we are not mad at him as suggested and then to please help the shippers out.

Secondly, just thinking, do you think if the shoes were on the other foot so to speak, meaning Jack had moved on with someone else and Sam was the quiet one, do you think it would have made a difference?

Rogue
September 30th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Are you guys as afraid as I am that what TPTB gave us as a "so called resolution" between Jack and Sam really might be all we get? Everyone has to write to convince RDA that first we are not mad at him as suggested and then to please help the shippers out.

Say RDA decided to make guest apperances. That doesn't guarantee they will use his time for ship or even wisely. They have made such poor use of his time in season 9 and 8, I am afraid they will give use some lame Daniel or Cam scene again.:eek:

pittsburghgirl
September 30th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Say RDA decided to make guest apperances. That doesn't guarantee they will use his time for ship or even wisely. They have made such poor use of his time in season 9 and 8, I am afraid they will give use some lame Daniel or Cam scene again.:eek:
i believe that you are right-unless RDA makes it clear that it is what he doing the scene for all we will get is some lame scene or maybe a scene of the two of them walking out of a meeting with landry and not saying much to each other and be told-see-sam and jack together.

pittsburghgirl
September 30th, 2005, 12:46 PM

Secondly, just thinking, do you think if the shoes were on the other foot so to speak, meaning Jack had moved on with someone else and Sam was the quiet one, do you think it would have made a difference?
well in the wonderful world we live in-sam the mouse would have suffered quietly for her love-and unless she did something overt-like when Chloe grabbed felger and kissed him-Jack would never know.

pittsburghgirl
September 30th, 2005, 03:11 PM
wait we're on page 2-that won't do.

Qasim
September 30th, 2005, 03:17 PM
Came across this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/sgRebel1/Funny%20Captions/solution.jpg

Somnium
September 30th, 2005, 03:23 PM
^^^Great pic Qasim:D Where is it from.

pittsburghgirl
September 30th, 2005, 03:44 PM
love it love it.

stargate barbie
September 30th, 2005, 05:31 PM

i think that it would have ended up much worse for sam. as it was, half the fandom was saying what a b!t€h she was and the other half were saying, jeez stop pining away for him, you're pathetic. (man did that angry up the blood!). if jack had tried to move on everyone would have been saying that she should stop pining and get over it and blah blah blah!. lousy double standards. ggrrr.

nell
September 30th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Hello??!! Anybody here??!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/UKLD_026byMala50.jpg
Jack: At last, a Thread that is inactive. Privacy!!! C'mere, Sam, baby!!!
Sam: Jack, **giggle** how do we know when a Shipper will show up?
Jack: Honey, it's the midseason break!! The Shippers are busy with RL and watching their DVDs.
Sam: Well, in that case........

**thanks to Mala50 for the cap**

Sum1
September 30th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Jack: Honey, it's the midseason break!! The Shippers are busy with RL and watching their DVDs.

Hi there.

stargate barbie
September 30th, 2005, 07:28 PM
i'm here, great pic, great caption, but now i have to go to bed, cos its 3:30 am! :eek:

Buc252
September 30th, 2005, 07:28 PM
i think that it would have ended up much worse for sam. as it was, half the fandom was saying what a b!t€h she was and the other half were saying, jeez stop pining away for him, you're pathetic. (man did that angry up the blood!). if jack had tried to move on everyone would have been saying that she should stop pining and get over it and blah blah blah!. lousy double standards. ggrrr.

I can only speak for myself, of course, but if Jack and Sam's places were switched, and Jack had moved on with the same callous disregard for Sam's feelings as we've seen in the past two seasons from Sam, I would have been just as irked with him as I was with Sam. It would have been very insensitive, disrespectful, and contrary to the very emotion of love that we're all convinced they have for each other. I guess that's why I just couldn't buy it: you don't treat somebody you love that way. Or, ideally, you wouldn't.

My big issue in what happened wasn't that she moved on, but how she moved on. Neither of them should have had to find out after the fact. (And before anybody says it, Kerry doesn't count because that was after Sam moved on. If Jack had moved on first, then whoever Sam picked would also be exempt. <g>)

Gatetrixer
September 30th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Thanks everyone for the empathetic replies and the "greens." I debated whether to say anything but glad I did.

Now back to one of my favorite subjects: Sam and Jack.

sg-1fanintn
September 30th, 2005, 08:11 PM
This isn't really subtle ship, but it is interesting. In the beginning of the show, we really didn't see them together that much while on missions. Most of the time, Jack would say, "Carter, you're with Teal'c. Daniel, with me."

Now I know that made the slashers squee, I'm sure, but it was logical. Daniel was the most inexperienced warrior, so Jack would want to keep an eye on him. But as the years went on, and Daniel became more independent and trained, it shifted, and became, "Carter, you're with me. Daniel, with Teal'c." Now, seeing that Daniel is self-reliant, he can keep Sam close to him, the one he cares for the most.

I did find it interesting in S6 that Jack didn't stay close to Jonas in the same way he stayed close to Daniel in those early years. I'd like to think it's because he sees him as being more capable, but I'm afraid it was just more that, by that time, he liked having Sam with him and wasn't really crazy about having such a bubbly person around him. LOL
Fly by post.....still got errands to run tonight. Be back tomorrow!

Uh.....I was only in "passive fandom" then (just watched the show). But from the info I've gathered since I arrived here, I'd like to ask a question. Sam and Jack became much closer in S4. Wasn't that part of what got MS restless, leading him to decide to leave the show? I'm not bashing. I'm just trying to get some perspective. I thought MS felt the Sam/Jack relationship took away from his screen time. Please correct me if I'm wrong.....cause I'm just asking for informational purposes.

Gatetrixer
September 30th, 2005, 08:15 PM

I so love that picture. And it isn't even Sam and Jack, it's RDA and Amanda, but I pretend it is S/J. Grrrrrr to those who didn't give this to the USA on the Lowdown.

Buc252
September 30th, 2005, 08:26 PM

Uh.....I was only in "passive fandom" then (just watched the show). But from the info I've gathered since I arrived here, I'd like to ask a question. Sam and Jack became much closer in S4. Wasn't that part of what got MS restless, leading him to decide to leave the show? I'm not bashing. I'm just trying to get some perspective. I thought MS felt the Sam/Jack relationship took away from his screen time. Please correct me if I'm wrong.....cause I'm just asking for informational purposes.

My understanding was that MS was unhappy with his air time, not just losing it to S/J ship, but to Sam's being able to save the day, and probably the increasing number of Jaffa stories. (And, by that time, I imagine he was a bit jealous of Rick's "front and center" position.) He wanted to be . . . well . . . what he is now. Not Daniel Jackson, gentleman scientist, but Daniel Jackson, intergalactic warrior. <g>

Add to that the fact that he thought he was moving onto something much bigger - although it did fall through and he found out the hard way just how difficult it is to make a go of it - and he was perfectly willing to say goodbye to SG. Of course, then he turned around and did several episodes in S6, which I can't figure out at all! LOL

majorsal
September 30th, 2005, 08:56 PM

yes.

to both questions.

majorsal
September 30th, 2005, 09:03 PM

*sigh*

i LOVE this pic! it's so shippy

okay, so it's amanda and rda, but it's *their* chemistry that makes sam and jack so dang hot! ;)

trupi
September 30th, 2005, 09:12 PM

PM me!

trupi
September 30th, 2005, 09:20 PM
It's Friday night and the repeats have started. Once I would rush home, finish in the kitchen and watch the reruns, even though I have them on tape and then watch the repeats at 11:00. Sad, tonight I spent the time on the phone, then took a nap because I didn't care that Stargate was on. I even told my mother to put on something else. I'm watching the "Mask of Zorro" instead of the 11:00 repeats. Is this what TPTB were aiming for?

trupi
September 30th, 2005, 09:32 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/neworder-98.jpg
Hi-I'm Sam! You look kind of familar? Do I know you?

Queen Eleta
September 30th, 2005, 09:45 PM
It's Friday night and the repeats have started. Once I would rush home, finish in the kitchen and watch the reruns, even though I have them on tape and then watch the repeats at 11:00. Sad, tonight I spent the time on the phone, then took a nap because I didn't care that Stargate was on. I even told my mother to put on something else. I'm watching the "Mask of Zorro" instead of the 11:00 repeats. Is this what TPTB were aiming for?

I know just how you feel. I don't even have it scheduled on my tivo anymore.
Oh, and forgot to say that I just saw 'Serenity' and there is a writer out there who knows how to positively resolve a ship!! Yeah Kaylee and Simon!!!!! I actually liked that ship better than Mal and Inara .

trupi
September 30th, 2005, 10:31 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/trupi/js2.jpg
"If you show me yours, I'll show you mind!"

Queen_Bee
October 1st, 2005, 04:58 AM
hey there shippers

just checking in..havent been around for ages.
on holidays...go back to studying on Monday!!

doesnt seem to be much updates on any S and J action for any future eps :(

I will try to post and read as much as possible....
unfortunately RL has been so very busy.

toodles and hugs
Bee

dmovies
October 1st, 2005, 05:56 AM
For the first time in many, many years, I watched network TV on Friday night. Ghost Whiperer, Threshold, and Numbers is a great line up and I enjoyed all 3 shows. I enjoyed them much better than the SG1 reruns. Of course, I played with my scrapebooks. I added the new magazine articles about Amanda Tapping. Her Dreamwatch comments about Sam and Jack did steam me up. Doesn't she realize without Jack and Jacob, her character could be disposed of very easily?Be very wary , my dear.

nell
October 1st, 2005, 07:17 AM
CALLING ALL SHIPPERS!!! I want to write letters to RDA as we agreed but what "salutation" should I use??

Dear Mr. Anderson
Dear Richard
Dear Richard Dean
Dear Rick
Hi Honey
My Beloved
Hey Baby

Did I read somewhere or am I making this up? He prefers folks/fans to call him Rick???

stargate barbie
October 1st, 2005, 08:12 AM
I can only speak for myself, of course, but if Jack and Sam's places were switched, and Jack had moved on with the same callous disregard for Sam's feelings as we've seen in the past two seasons from Sam, I would have been just as irked with him as I was with Sam. It would have been very insensitive, disrespectful, and contrary to the very emotion of love that we're all convinced they have for each other. I guess that's why I just couldn't buy it: you don't treat somebody you love that way. Or, ideally, you wouldn't.

My big issue in what happened wasn't that she moved on, but how she moved on. Neither of them should have had to find out after the fact. (And before anybody says it, Kerry doesn't count because that was after Sam moved on. If Jack had moved on first, then whoever Sam picked would also be exempt. <g>)
it was certainly not "callous disregard ". she no longer had any indication that he still loved her. for all she knew she could have gone to him and said, "hey so i'm thinking of going on a date" and he would have said, "so? what are ya tellin' me for". more than likely he would have said, in a confused sort of way, "well good for you carter, it about time you got a life".
remember his reaction to her following her calling him jack, in grace? following her ordeal on the ship and everything she had been through not only that year, but in all the years of her life previously, that to her was most likely a confirmation of how she felt. my point once again, is that her attempt to get over him, and get a life, was in no way "callous disregard " for anyones feelings. callous is one word i could never imagine being associated with samantha carter.

stargate barbie
October 1st, 2005, 08:13 AM
CALLING ALL SHIPPERS!!! I want to write letters to RDA as we agreed but what "salutation" should I use??

Dear Mr. Anderson
Dear Richard
Dear Richard Dean
Dear Rick
Hi Honey
My Beloved
Hey Baby

Did I read somewhere or am I making this up? He prefers folks/fans to call him Rick???
i'd go with hey baby, and sign off with your phone number. but hey, thats just me! :D

stargate barbie
October 1st, 2005, 08:14 AM

hi, i PMed you with the explaination that i was aware of.

LadyJeep
October 1st, 2005, 09:08 AM
That's great news. So glad it turned out that way. :)

Catysg1
October 1st, 2005, 10:17 AM
A brand new Sam and Jack video for the shipper family :)

"All by myself" Celine Dion

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/StargateSG1.html

With thunk !!!!too :)

Enjoy

Caty :)

nell
October 1st, 2005, 11:47 AM

Enjoy

((((((((Caty))))))))

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!!!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!!:p :D :) ;) :p

shipper hannah
October 1st, 2005, 12:17 PM
Came across this:

lol :D i'd green you but i apparently i already gave you too much :p

STARGATE7777
October 1st, 2005, 12:21 PM
I am new to posting on this forum but have lurked for about a year. I am a huge Jack and Sam fan and have found some comfort in others having a similar, dare I say, obsession. Caty, I loved your video and am so pleased that you have not completely given up the ship. I actually started a thread called "Where's Jack" in the season 9 thing mainly because I can't believe how they have failed to acknowledge a character who was central to the show for so many years. It was hard enough to keep the faith when Jack was on the show. I guess their new and improved fans make up for all of us "delusional ones." I think, however, that when all is said and done, they are going to need all of us. This thought just gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling...joke.

stargate barbie
October 1st, 2005, 01:02 PM
I am new to posting on this forum but have lurked for about a year. I am a huge Jack and Sam fan and have found some comfort in others having a similar, dare I say, obsession. Caty, I loved your video and am so pleased that you have not completely given up the ship. I actually started a thread called "Where's Jack" in the season 9 thing mainly because I can't believe how they have failed to acknowledge a character who was central to the show for so many years. It was hard enough to keep the faith when Jack was on the show. I guess their new and improved fans make up for all of us "delusional ones." I think, however, that when all is said and done, they are going to need all of us. This thought just gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling...joke.
in a way, its easier to keep the ship going. they can just have them doing the long distance thing. or the off screen thing. the only problem is we don't get to see the little looks and touches on screen.

just thought of another subtle shippy moment i like a little while ago. in tin man, when jack rips open his arm, and sam kinda holds his arm, and the way they look at each other. nice.

smea
October 1st, 2005, 01:57 PM
Came across this:

:D Great picture.. very Sam&Jack like.. lol. Its so sweet when she goes off on one of her scientific rambles.. just to watch Jacks face.. :rolleyes:

Though... uh.. does anyone else notice at the bottom.. it says.. I love Daniel....

:eek:

Or is that just me..????

jafacakes
October 1st, 2005, 01:57 PM
hi, i PMed you with the explaination that i was aware of.

Comming out of lurkdom because now I'm curious, can I have a PM too ?

One thing that surprises and annoys me though is that in S6 Daniel was mentioned either directly or indirectly in almost every episode but now Jack isn't even mentioned when there is a world threat :S

trupi
October 1st, 2005, 02:13 PM

Richard Dean Anderson

Richard Dean Anderson
8942 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills
CA 90211, USA

Reposting the addresses for the letter to RDA. I think you shoud address them formerly "Dear Mr.Anderson" shows respect.

trupi
October 1st, 2005, 02:24 PM
((((((((Caty))))))))

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap!!!!!!!! Bravo!!!!!!:p :D :) ;) :p
Repeat-clap, clap, clap-brava!:D

stargate barbie
October 1st, 2005, 02:37 PM
Comming out of lurkdom because now I'm curious, can I have a PM too ?

One thing that surprises and annoys me though is that in S6 Daniel was mentioned either directly or indirectly in almost every episode but now Jack isn't even mentioned when there is a world threat :S
message sent. i have no more inside knowledge than most folks here, i can only tell you what i recall from interviews i read.

Nikki
October 1st, 2005, 02:52 PM
Though... uh.. does anyone else notice at the bottom.. it says.. I love Daniel....

Or is that just me..????

I noticed that too, all i have to say is "huh?" :S - Still love the pic, so i'm just going to ignore that bit and pretend i never saw it. lol :p

smea
October 1st, 2005, 02:56 PM
I noticed that too, all i have to say is "huh?" :S - Still love the pic, so i'm just going to ignore that bit and pretend i never saw it. lol :p

lol, good idea...just have to cut the bottom off... :D

*gets smeas special safety scissors*

stargate barbie
October 1st, 2005, 04:17 PM
Though... uh.. does anyone else notice at the bottom.. it says.. I love Daniel
yeeaaah... i chose not to see that.

stargate barbie
October 1st, 2005, 04:44 PM
hey, i'm watching "the tok'ra part 1" right now, and i just realised how smarmy martouf was. when she's trying to explain to him how confused she is about jolinar and the memories of him she left behind, she's telling him how she doesn't think she can really express it in words, and he tells her to "explain it in other ways". anyone else reminded of pete by this.
is jack the only decent, unmanipulative guy she's ever attracted or something!?!

she was right in moebius when she said you're not the kind of guy i usually attract"

sg-1fanintn
October 1st, 2005, 05:46 PM

Enjoy

Thank you, Caty! Brilliant, as always!

You know, I hadn't thought about it in comparison with S6, because I just miss Jack so much anyway. But you're right! Hmmmmm......need to think about this.

hey, i'm watching "the tok'ra part 1" right now, and i just realised how smarmy martouf was. when she's trying to explain to him how confused she is about jolinar and the memories of him she left behind, she's telling him how she doesn't think she can really express it in words, and he tells her to "explain it in other ways". anyone else reminded of pete by this?
is jack the only decent, unmanipulative guy she's ever attracted or something!?!
Apparently so! Narim was a decent guy, but even he deceived them all.

Sum1
October 1st, 2005, 06:09 PM
Thank you, Caty! Brilliant, as always!

You know, I hadn't thought about it in comparison with S6, because I just miss Jack so much anyway. But you're right! Hmmmmm......need to think about this.

Apparently so! Narim was a decent guy, but even he deceived them all.
That sneaky Narim...hiding out on Earth as Weir's boyfriend!

sg-1fanintn
October 1st, 2005, 06:12 PM
I apologize to everyone who has already seen this for reposting it. But I know how busy things are for everyone this time of year, and how hard it is to keep up with all the posts on our threads. So, I'm posting it again for the benefit of anyone who might have missed it the first time.

In the discussion we had here over the last couple of days on the future of the ship, trupi mentioned that Don Davis had told her that RDA thought fans were angry with him for leaving the show. We talked about letting him know how much we miss him and how he needs to come back for a couple of eps a yer, or at least wrap up his storyline. We talked about doing this through a web site, but I think I have a way that would be more effective--by sending letters to his agent and Gekko. I contacted minigeek, and she got the addresses below for me. I think mail sent to one or more of these places would be much more likely to reach him.

Richard Dean Anderson

Richard Dean Anderson
8942 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills
CA 90211, USA

Nell also suggested that we should write TPTB and let them know how much we want to see RDA back. I think I’ll do that too. Here is the address where you can write RCC, JM, PM or any of the TPTB:

The Bridge Studios
2400 Boundary Rd
Burnaby, British Columbia
V5M3Z3

minigeek also suggested checking the Screen Actors Guild for addresses that might get mail to RDA, but I had trouble navigating their web site….then work went bonkers and I haven’t had time to go back. If anyone can help with contact info for him through SAG, please post it. So, I'd suggest these for now.....and I'm going to write.

Queen Eleta
October 1st, 2005, 06:22 PM

It's a subliminal message planted by anti-shippers!! Quick, Qasim, get it out of your computer before it ruins everything, and the ship is gone with no resolution!! Oh, wait.......

pittsburghgirl
October 1st, 2005, 07:02 PM
It's a subliminal message planted by anti-shippers!! Quick, Qasim, get it out of your computer before it ruins everything, and the ship is gone with no resolution!! Oh, wait.......
picture what picture?

gatewatcher
October 1st, 2005, 07:14 PM

Enjoy

Caty,
BRAVO!! That may very well be my favorite S/J video you have made!!! I loved it. You are soooo creative. :D

Queen Eleta
October 1st, 2005, 07:21 PM
picture what picture?

This one:

Came across this:

Look close at the bottom...

trupi
October 1st, 2005, 07:37 PM
This one:

You guys have great eyes! But who loves Daniel- the person who made the image or Sam- then that's like incest-Yek!:eek:

majorsal
October 1st, 2005, 09:05 PM

Dear Mr. Anderson
Dear Richard
Dear Richard Dean
Dear Rick
Hi Honey
My Beloved
Hey Baby

i'd use 'dear, richard'

it's informal, but not too much.

majorsal
October 1st, 2005, 09:07 PM
it was certainly not "callous disregard ". she no longer had any indication that he still loved her. for all she knew she could have gone to him and said, "hey so i'm thinking of going on a date" and he would have said, "so? what are ya tellin' me for". more than likely he would have said, in a confused sort of way, "well good for you carter, it about time you got a life".
remember his reaction to her following her calling him jack, in grace? following her ordeal on the ship and everything she had been through not only that year, but in all the years of her life previously, that to her was most likely a confirmation of how she felt. my point once again, is that her attempt to get over him, and get a life, was in no way "callous disregard " for anyones feelings. callous is one word i could never imagine being associated with samantha carter.

i feel the same.

majorsal
October 1st, 2005, 09:14 PM
in a way, its easier to keep the ship going. they can just have them doing the long distance thing. or the off screen thing. the only problem is we don't get to see the little looks and touches on screen.

that's what's missing this season (well, one of many things). sam and jack, merely being in the same room, could ignite an excitement. and that *thrill* of seeing them interact is soooooooooo missing.... how many times did a simple scene become 'more' with just their standing next to each other? or sitting next to each other. or walking next to each other. or being in the same room. or just being 'together'...... i miss sam and jack. :(

BUT, i could SO take an off-screen relay!! ;)

pittsburghgirl
October 1st, 2005, 09:17 PM
This one:

Ah-okay-well then-missed it the first time-guess I am reallly good at ignoring things I don't want to see.

Thank you.

majorsal
October 1st, 2005, 09:18 PM

because it's over the existing words, i just thought it was the author's name or something.

nell
October 1st, 2005, 09:33 PM
that's what's missing this season (well, one of many things). sam and jack, merely being in the same room, could ignite an excitement. and that *thrill* of seeing them interact is soooooooooo missing.... how many times did a simple scene become 'more' with just their standing next to each other? or sitting next to each other. or walking next to each other. or being in the same room. or just being 'together'...... i miss sam and jack. :(

BUT, i could SO take an off-screen relay!! ;)

**LOOKS both ways for Joe M or TPTB** I wouldn't want THEM to think that we would settle for less but during Season 9 it would certainly enhance the character development, ahem Sam's and Jack's development, if they had some off-screen moments.

For example, Sam says, "Jack, I gotta go to a debrief now. I'll call you after I get home. **pause while Jack is speaking** Yeah, me, too." Sam hangs up the phone with a grin on her face.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Billie.jpg

**thanks to Billie for the cap**

Cathain Nottingham
October 1st, 2005, 10:02 PM
In comment to Nell's question about RDA I've heard he likes Rick better. I think Richard is actually something he sort of tries to avoid.

Chrysalis
October 2nd, 2005, 02:07 AM
You guys have great eyes! But who loves Daniel- the person who made the image or Sam- then that's like incest-Yek!:eek:

Haha! Incest absolutely! They're so brother/sister it's unbelievable!

Rogue
October 2nd, 2005, 08:35 AM

I always felt she got mixed signals from the guy. Maybe because he was her CO, or because he has other issues. After Lost City, I don't think Sam felt that he had feelings for her. In Lost City she gets up the nerve to see him, only to be treated like she has coodies. Then on the ship she tries to tell him how she feels and all she gets is a 'I know'. By showing Jack the ring, I think she was trying to get a confirmation of how he felt. Her decision to accept Petes proposal was based on his reaction.

STARGATE7777
October 2nd, 2005, 08:49 AM
Hello, anyone home? were're on the second page below a thread called "new slash." ??? I'm new here but was just watching some videos and reading fanfics (about Sam and Jack, of course) I can't put links beacause I'm basically computer illiterate but there are wonderfully done videos on a site called www.sg1-fanart.com. Particularily '"Sick Cycle Carousel" for Sam and Jack; Safe and Sound, for team interaction but a definite lean towards Sam and Jack ;and my favorite "Wise Up" about Jack's journey over 8 years. Also there is a great story on hoodatlair.com under fanfiction called "O'Neill's Armor." It takes place during "The Entity" and is told from Teal'c POV. I think it really captures the impact that Sam has had in Jack's life. What I really like is the way that it recognizes the dark side of Jack. Hope you all enjoy.

STARGATE7777
October 2nd, 2005, 08:51 AM
Well, that was about the coolest thing ever. The link appeared on it's own.WOW!

pittsburghgirl
October 2nd, 2005, 10:16 AM
I always felt she got mixed signals from the guy. Maybe because he was her CO, or because he has other issues. After Lost City, I don't think Sam felt that he had feelings for her. In Lost City she gets up the nerve to see him, only to be treated like she has coodies. Then on the ship she tries to tell him how she feels and all she gets is a 'I know'. By showing Jack the ring, I think she was trying to get a confirmation of how he felt. Her decision to accept Petes proposal was based on his reaction.
yup!

Queen Eleta
October 2nd, 2005, 11:18 AM
Well, that was about the coolest thing ever. The link appeared on it's own.WOW!

Yup. A www. with an address followed by a .com (or .whatever) will do that. Kind of scary that the comps smarter than us.

Queen Eleta
October 2nd, 2005, 11:23 AM

I wasn't to happy with that scene either (in Lost City) and I think that if I had been Sam I would have believed Jack had no feelings for me either. When He said 'I know', I thought 'Who are you ? Han Solo?' But I think it was the tone and body language he had. If he had said it softer and maybe touched her hand, it would have had a totally different meaning. But after thinking about it, I don't think Jack thought he was going to get out of the situation intact. Either dead or crazy. He was pushing Sam away to not hurt her, then later he didn't know how to fix it.

Rune
October 2nd, 2005, 12:05 PM
Drive by posting again. :) I guess there are some mixed feelings for Lost City but hope you won't mind my leaving this one here. The look on Sam's face says such a lot :)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/Naquadah/Jack/lostcity/lostcity-54.jpg

Sam_o_Neill
October 2nd, 2005, 12:11 PM
Hey guys I'm back again! :D
I hope everyone is still ok :) I just want to let you know that I haven't left, i'm just very busy with College and Homework :S

I can't wait for Seaosn 9 to start on Sky One! :)

Oh and I just read in the newspaper about the wildfires in Los Angeles and there was a list of celebs who were moving out of there houses, including Beau Bridges, and I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about RDA...I know he used to live in Los Angeles. I checked rdanderson.com but there was no news about it....

Anyways I did notice that Caty had posted a link to a new vid so i'm going to go check it out!!! :D:D

(((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
October 2nd, 2005, 12:41 PM
Hey everybody,

Remember me?? ;)

I thought I would just pop my head in as I have finished my 6 weeks in placement (gosh did it go fast). I had such a wonderful time and on my last day yestreday, I got to watch a liver transplant. That was so amazing!

Anyway so anything much happened since I was gone? Probably not huh! Well like Sam_O_Neill said, S9 starts soon (although I am looking more forward to Atlantis) and we have that science thing hosted by Amanda on Wednesday don't we!?! :D

Oh and Caty, I shall be watching your new video soon too (yay :)). As for now, I have a reflective essay (which has to be in tomorrow :eek: ) that needs to be finished. So see you all later!

((((((((shipper family))))))))

~Tracey~

Sam fan
October 2nd, 2005, 12:43 PM
hello everyone!! how are you all! I have to say I have missed you all sooo much!! I've been away on and off for a while now but i'm finally back for good and looking at only a few pages I can already see that I've missed so much! I hope you'e all been well! recently I've been looking for some realy gritty, angsty sam and Jack fics but haven't really ofund anything I haven't already read which is a bit dissapointing!

I don't really know how I feel abuot the up and coming new season I'm still trying to adjust to the mere though of no RDA and the thought of a certain someone's facial hair!

I'm still hoping to get a picture of amanda and Olivia- although I knwo it's completly amanda's desision I'd love to see the lil beauty!

Could anyone please sum up all of the sam and jack spoilers we hae for this year as the thought of trailing back through 693 pages makes me feel very dizzy! I'm praying for an amazing resolution!! Am in the process of downloading the new Catty vids that I've missed and i cannot wait to watch themand getthat *sam/jack* feeling again!!

any way just thought I'd say heloo9 again and tell you how much i'e missed you all my shipper family! and also hello to all the new people!! xxx

nell
October 2nd, 2005, 02:11 PM
Could anyone please sum up all of the sam and jack spoilers we hae for this year as the thought of trailing back through 693 pages makes me feel very dizzy!

An abbreviated Season 9 summary:

Episode 1 Avalon: When Jack met with the new SGC General Landry, he listed the things he was settling on at his property in Colorado Springs because he moved to Washington, D.C. to be the chief of Homeworld Security: "My house, my car, the motorcycle." To our collective Shipper memory, Jack never had a motorcycle but Sam had the Indian!!

Episode 6 Beachhead: Jack phoned General Landry and teased him about not sending Sam back to SGC for an important mission when in steps "Lt.Colonel Samantha Carter reporting for duty, sir." We figure that Sam and Jack knew of this prank.

Episode 7 Ex Deus Machina: In response to Agent Barrett's question "How's Pete?" Sam replied, "We broke up." Agent Barrett says, "So, you're single again?" And Sam replies, "Not exactly." We Shippers believe this in inconvertible proof that Sam and Jack are together!!!!!!

Episode 9 or 10 Prototype or Fourth Horseman Part 1 (Shippers, help me out here cause, I forgot already): Sam goes offworld to join Daniel and Teal'c researching something or other and in response to Daniel's droning hypothesis, Sam sarcastically replies, "Ya think??" Now, tell me, from WHOM did she pick up that cliche??!!

So, the Ship was very minor but there was Ship!!

stargate barbie
October 2nd, 2005, 03:32 PM
An abbreviated Season 9 summary:

Episode 1 Avalon: When Jack met with the new SGC General Landry, he listed the things he was settling on at his property in Colorado Springs because he moved to Washington, D.C. to be the chief of Homeworld Security: "My house, my car, the motorcycle." To our collective Shipper memory, Jack never had a motorcycle but Sam had the Indian!!

Episode 6 Beachhead: Jack phoned General Landry and teased him about not sending Sam back to SGC for an important mission when in steps "Lt.Colonel Samantha Carter reporting for duty, sir." We figure that Sam and Jack knew of this prank.

Episode 7 Ex Deus Machina: In response to Agent Barrett's question "How's Pete?" Sam replied, "We broke up." Agent Barrett says, "So, you're single again?" And Sam replies, "Not exactly." We Shippers believe this in inconvertible proof that Sam and Jack are together!!!!!!

Episode 9 or 10 Prototype or Fourth Horseman Part 1 (Shippers, help me out here cause, I forgot already): Sam goes offworld to join Daniel and Teal'c researching something or other and in response to Daniel's droning hypothesis, Sam sarcastically replies, "Ya think??" Now, tell me, from WHOM did she pick up that cliche??!!

So, the Ship was very minor but there was Ship!!

hey i say thats more ship than we usually get in the first half of a season (not including 4), and half the couple isn't even on screen for it. and the other half of the couple is only on screen for half of it!

stargate barbie
October 2nd, 2005, 03:37 PM
i feel the same.

thanks, i was starting to think i was on my own here. i love both my shippy couple equally. but in veeeerry different ways ;)

LadyJeep
October 2nd, 2005, 05:52 PM
I apologize to everyone who has already seen this for reposting it. But I know how busy things are for everyone this time of year, and how hard it is to keep up with all the posts on our threads. So, I'm posting it again for the benefit of anyone who might have missed it the first time.

In the discussion we had here over the last couple of days on the future of the ship, trupi mentioned that Don Davis had told her that RDA thought fans were angry with him for leaving the show. We talked about letting him know how much we miss him and how he needs to come back for a couple of eps a yer, or at least wrap up his storyline. We talked about doing this through a web site, but I think I have a way that would be more effective--by sending letters to his agent and Gekko. I contacted minigeek, and she got the addresses below for me. I think mail sent to one or more of these places would be much more likely to reach him.

Richard Dean Anderson

Richard Dean Anderson
8942 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills
CA 90211, USA

Nell also suggested that we should write TPTB and let them know how much we want to see RDA back. I think I’ll do that too. Here is the address where you can write RCC, JM, PM or any of the TPTB:

The Bridge Studios
2400 Boundary Rd
Burnaby, British Columbia
V5M3Z3

minigeek also suggested checking the Screen Actors Guild for addresses that might get mail to RDA, but I had trouble navigating their web site….then work went bonkers and I haven’t had time to go back. If anyone can help with contact info for him through SAG, please post it. So, I'd suggest these for now.....and I'm going to write.

Is there an email address also and a website where we can post how we feel that might also get back to him? That way we can cover all bases to make sure he knows that we are aren't mad at all and just miss him.:(

Myrth
October 2nd, 2005, 06:17 PM
Maybe we need a petition... like the Shanks brigade did when Shanks left.

Just a thought....

Is there an email address also and a website where we can post how we feel that might also get back to him? That way we can cover all bases to make sure he knows that we are aren't mad at all and just miss him.:(

parsifal
October 2nd, 2005, 06:36 PM

Just a thought....

I'm all for supporting the Ship, but I think we should avoid anything that might associate shippers with those...people.

nell
October 2nd, 2005, 06:43 PM
I'm all for supporting the Ship, but I think we should avoid anything that might associate shippers with those...people.

Seriously, what are "those people?"

Buc252
October 2nd, 2005, 07:03 PM

I can't agree with her getting mixed signals. I mean, in Lost City, he called her a National Treasure! And he wasn't done talking when Daniel and Teal'c showed up, so who knows? I don't call that treating her like she's got cooties. Not to mention that, at this time, he was dying and she was involved with another guy. What did he really have to offer her? He said as much as he could without risking ruining her future - a future he wouldn't have to deal with because he truly expected to be dead.

As for the "I know," what exactly do you think he said he knew?? He acknowledged her feelings, whatever they were - and we never truly knew - but also knew that it was not the time to discuss it. They were in imminent danger, and he was dying. I really don't think you can count anything from Lost City anyway, because Jack knew he was dying and wouldn't want to impede here future.

Seriously, though, as for her showing him the ring, I don't really think she was looking for a reaction or for him to say something. I think it was her own nerves, and needing someone to talk to, but she just didn't think about how much it would hurt Jack. At this point in her social life, his feelings for or about her weren't anything she was considering. I will give you that his "I wouldn't be here" was too unspecific to really be an answer to her, but it was probably as much as he felt he could say without creating a problem for Sam's current relationship or their own careers.

I guess that's what irritates me the most about the whole thing. If they'd just sat down and talked about it before :eek: came along, a lot of the angst might have been avoided.

Buc252
October 2nd, 2005, 07:08 PM
Drive by posting again. :) I guess there are some mixed feelings for Lost City but hope you won't mind my leaving this one here. The look on Sam's face says such a lot :)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/Naquadah/Jack/lostcity/lostcity-54.jpg

It would have been nice if she'd said in this scene, "I love you and I don't want you to die." I mean, maybe after his "national treasure" speach, she could have shown her feelings on his immenent death. Most of what we saw expressed was more a "it should have been me" feeling, which she could just as easily have felt for any member of her team.

Okay, I'll relent a bit. Even a "I don't want you to die" would have been appreciated.

parsifal
October 2nd, 2005, 07:12 PM
Seriously, what are "those people?"

Um, the rabid Daniel psychos. Who else?

Sum1
October 2nd, 2005, 07:27 PM

Just a thought....

A petition for what? RDA chose to leave - to petition to try demand that he come back would be selfish, especially since he did it for family.

LadyJeep
October 2nd, 2005, 07:50 PM
A petition for what? RDA chose to leave - to petition to try demand that he come back would be selfish, especially since he did it for family.
A petition to let him know his fans aren't mad at him for leaving, we just miss him.;)

Queen Eleta
October 2nd, 2005, 07:53 PM
Saw this avatar gif at sg1-fanart.com. I loved this kiss. (even if it wasn't the real one:( )

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/kisssg1fanart.gif

Geez... he kisses her so hard her head bounces back!

nell
October 2nd, 2005, 08:24 PM
Saw this avatar gif at sg1-fanart.com. I loved this kiss. (even if it wasn't the real one:( )

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a367/queeneleta/kisssg1fanart.gif

Geez... he kisses her so hard her head bounces back!

Yeah, Jack knows how to give a great kiss!!! :p :p :p So.Want.Her.Job!!!!!;)

Rogue
October 2nd, 2005, 08:27 PM
I can't agree with her getting mixed signals. I mean, in Lost City, he called her a National Treasure! And he wasn't done talking when Daniel and Teal'c showed up, so who knows? I don't call that treating her like she's got cooties. Not to mention that, at this time, he was dying and she was involved with another guy. What did he really have to offer her? He said as much as he could without risking ruining her future - a future he wouldn't have to deal with because he truly expected to be dead.

As for the "I know," what exactly do you think he said he knew?? He acknowledged her feelings, whatever they were - and we never truly knew - but also knew that it was not the time to discuss it. They were in imminent danger, and he was dying. I really don't think you can count anything from Lost City anyway, because Jack knew he was dying and wouldn't want to impede here future.

Seriously, though, as for her showing him the ring, I don't really think she was looking for a reaction or for him to say something. I think it was her own nerves, and needing someone to talk to, but she just didn't think about how much it would hurt Jack. At this point in her social life, his feelings for or about her weren't anything she was considering. I will give you that his "I wouldn't be here" was too unspecific to really be an answer to her, but it was probably as much as he felt he could say without creating a problem for Sam's current relationship or their own careers.

I guess that's what irritates me the most about the whole thing. If they'd just sat down and talked about it before :eek: came along, a lot of the angst might have been avoided.

Wow, National Treasure. That sounded like her CO talking and not a man who loves her. Also remember she almost got up and left because she felt he didn't want her there. Then Daniel and Teal'c show up. I think most men would have told their buddies to come back in a few hours. It is true that she was dating someone else, but that still didn't mean they couldn't talk.

As far as not having enough time to convey his feelings for her, he seemed have time for Teal'c. His scene with Teal'c was far more touching and personal than "I know". Teal'c knew exactly how Jack felt about him, Sam was still left with a big question mark.

I guess what gets me is that there is always an excuse for what Jack did or didn't do. He is looking out for Sam's best interest, she will be better off with Pete, he is dying so he doesn't want to ruin Sams future. Wow what an unselfish guy! Was he unselfish or just didn't want to step up to the plate? Besides how do we know that Jack hadn't had other girlfriends. After all, its been along time since Laira.

I guess what I am saying is that Sam seems to take more than her share of the heat for their relationship mess. Jack is just as guilty.

Myrth
October 2nd, 2005, 08:35 PM
This is what i meant, yes. Perhaps a very politely worded request for him to put in a guest appearance at least once this season...we'll even babysit if he wants ;)

A petition to let him know his fans aren't mad at him for leaving, we just miss him.;)

nell
October 2nd, 2005, 08:40 PM
As far as not having enough time to convey his feelings for her, he seemed have time for Teal'c. His scene with Teal'c was far more touching and personal than "I know". Teal'c knew exactly how Jack felt about him, Sam was still left with a big question mark.

I remember feeling disappointed and empty after the scene with Teal'c given that the scene with Sam was so ambiguous and with Teal'c the 'salute' to his warrior brother was heartfelt. :(

trupi
October 2nd, 2005, 08:41 PM

Mary I agree with you. Let's start, both Daniel and Sam both knew that they dragged Jack, the to the planet, to put his head in the Ancient's Depository. "I would have done it", "bull-doggies" , if they wanted to do it, they would have pushed Jack out of the way and tried, when he tried to blow it up (yes Daniel tried, but not very hard). Then she goes to his house, knowing he has the weight of the world on his back, and says " I couldn't sleep", "no really" I think Jack had a wild night, right! You know he's home alone, preparing to die (yes, Jack is private but there is a time when you have to grab the bull by the horns) go to him, scr---- the regs. "Oh you should have called",- "Hint", Sam. Fans were upset, when Jack was with Lyra in a "Hundred Days", but she knew how to seize the moment, speak her mind and grabbed the bull by the b----. No fooling around, "I want you to give me a baby", period. Sam is made so wishy washie in "Lost City", that if I was AT, I would have had a fit.

trupi
October 2nd, 2005, 08:48 PM
I agree with you about that scene, IMO that was one of the most heart rendering scenes in SG-1 series. Very touching! However, all Jack knows at this point is that Sam is engaged. She moved on! What should he have done, grab her and say "Hey I told you I loved you but now you are engaged and scr----- this guy ". He thinks she is in love with Pete, now. He told her how he felt in "Divide and Conquer", she said we'll "keep it in the room". Jack isn't the type to beg or change the way he feels. He stated how he felt and left the door open for Sam to make-up her mind when, but "When" never came and Pete is in the picture now, as an adult and her friend "first" he moved on. He doesn't stalk like some guys!

nell
October 2nd, 2005, 08:49 PM
G'night!! Tomorrow's, ugh, Monday!!! I don't due transitions well!!
Sam and Jack Forever!!!!

trupi
October 2nd, 2005, 09:11 PM
G'night!! Tomorrow's, ugh, Monday!!! I don't due transitions well!!
Sam and Jack Forever!!!!
Sweet dreams! Hopefully Stargate Monday is back. Need some good episodes and Jack~~~~~~~~!

trupi
October 2nd, 2005, 09:34 PM
Comic Con is coming to NYC in February. I emailed and asked if anyone from SG-1 is going to attend. Web site is http://www.appcluster09.com/app/home...0&LinkID=17915
If you are interested in contacting them.

majorsal
October 2nd, 2005, 10:36 PM
Wow, National Treasure. That sounded like her CO talking and not a man who loves her. Also remember she almost got up and left because she felt he didn't want her there. Then Daniel and Teal'c show up. I think most men would have told their buddies to come back in a few hours. It is true that she was dating someone else, but that still didn't mean they couldn't talk.

I guess what gets me is that there is always an excuse for what Jack did or didn't do. He is looking out for Sam's best interest, she will be better off with Pete, he is dying so he doesn't want to ruin Sams future. Wow what an unselfish guy! Was he unselfish or just didn't want to step up to the plate? Besides how do we know that Jack hadn't had other girlfriends. After all, its been along time since Laira.

I guess what I am saying is that Sam seems to take more than her share of the heat for their relationship mess. Jack is just as guilty.

i agree.

majorsal
October 2nd, 2005, 11:06 PM
to sg-1fanintn -

i can't private message you (your box is full up). i can't email you (you've turned off this feature).

my message/reply: you wondered if you should have engaged that person... that person is an (blacked out), so engage if you want. ;)

sueKay
October 3rd, 2005, 12:55 AM
Hey all!

Just to let you know that I've not fallen off of the face of the planet, I'm just extremely busy with Uni stuff, RL stuff and Work stuff...groan!

As for the letter to RDA, I'd go with 'Dear Rick' personally...

though you could try 'hey hey Ricky Dean!' but I think if he ever met you he might launch a brick at you for that :P

j/k

well...gotta go...promise I'll be on tonight as I think I may finally be getting my site finished! (oh and I'll be writing some more fic too :D)

pittsburghgirl
October 3rd, 2005, 04:05 AM
for my two cents worth-they did what they wanted to do. they always have and will continue to do so.

they easily could have found better ways to "end" the s/j issues-they could have just ignored it totally after season 4-we all know that they could just pretend it never happened-which I suppose they tried, told RDA and AT to knock it off, never let that subject darken their doorway again.

from where I sit-they pulled it out of the bag when they saw that things were getting a might testy with us-just to make us feel better and not lose an active section of their viewership.

You know-the "C'mere" from Death Knell and Heroes. The "Please-Jack" from the Lost City.

If I had nevr watched this show-and Threads popped up-it would have been what the he$$.

Chances are we are going to get the SSDD this season two-I mean
"Not Exactly" please-what are we watching a show or a Hertz commercial?

End Rant

smea
October 3rd, 2005, 04:25 AM
Ok.. so I was on myspace.com [[yes I have no social life]] and as I am a member of the Sam/Jack Shippers group, I thought Id have a look at their pictures...

And look what smea found!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/staring_at_the_stars/untitled.jpg

I know its only little, and probably old... BUT I just had to share it with you guys :D

Made my day a little brighter... along with the SG dvds that Ive been watching... Im ill dang it :( But this has made me feel a whole lot better :D

sueKay
October 3rd, 2005, 04:30 AM
Can I have a little RL rant here????

I left my house immediately after writing my last post...walked to the train station and the trains were off...

and I only got to where I am half an hour ago and missed a seminar.

growl

On a shippy note....

SAM AND JACK FOREVER IN LOVE :D

Cathain Nottingham
October 3rd, 2005, 07:51 AM
Okay I know I've been rather absent (so much action here I know no doubt its hard to notice) but I wanted to peek in and say that I've started what I hope to be a very emotional Sam story that will have some...interesting S/J moments.

blueiris
October 3rd, 2005, 08:31 AM
Ok.. so I was on myspace.com [[yes I have no social life]] and as I am a member of the Sam/Jack Shippers group, I thought Id have a look at their pictures...

I know its only little, and probably old... BUT I just had to share it with you guys :D

Made my day a little brighter... along with the SG dvds that Ive been watching... Im ill dang it :( But this has made me feel a whole lot better :D
Made me smile.:)

Sam_o_Neill
October 3rd, 2005, 09:43 AM
Hey everybody,

Remember me?? ;)

I thought I would just pop my head in as I have finished my 6 weeks in placement (gosh did it go fast). I had such a wonderful time and on my last day yestreday, I got to watch a liver transplant. That was so amazing!

Anyway so anything much happened since I was gone? Probably not huh! Well like Sam_O_Neill said, S9 starts soon (although I am looking more forward to Atlantis) and we have that science thing hosted by Amanda on Wednesday don't we!?! :D

Oh and Caty, I shall be watching your new video soon too (yay :)). As for now, I have a reflective essay (which has to be in tomorrow :eek: ) that needs to be finished. So see you all later!

((((((((shipper family))))))))

~Tracey~

Hey! Of course we remember you :D:D
I'm glad you had fun in your placement :)

Anyways, thanks for letting em know about the Amanda thing I didn't know we were getting that!...What channel is it on??

Hope your reflective essay wasn't too hard

Hugs,
Sarah

Sam_o_Neill
October 3rd, 2005, 09:55 AM
Hey! Two days in a row :D What d'ya know! :P (Please forgive me, i'm in a very funny mood today...)

Anyways, I need some recommendation of what eps to watch later.
I want ones that will leave me with that nice tingly sam/jack feeling but I can't decide which ones :S

Thank you for any help!

(((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))

Sam fan
October 3rd, 2005, 10:30 AM
Hey! Two days in a row :D What d'ya know! :P (Please forgive me, i'm in a very funny mood today...)

Anyways, I need some recommendation of what eps to watch later.
I want ones that will leave me with that nice tingly sam/jack feeling but I can't decide which ones :S

Thank you for any help!

(((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))

oh you gotta have Grace !i love that ep so much! Amdna is amazing and THAT KISS!!!!!!

Also theobest momnet in the history of all shipper moments (so far) the heroes hug! OMG! I love it sdo much it gives me that tingley feeling!!!

ST-1
October 3rd, 2005, 11:28 AM
Hey guys I am sooo bummed, GW won't let me upload my latest S/J fic! :( But as I was moping around the main fanfic page, I read Night Terrors (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/5/nightterrors.html), by "Sally Reeve and Marcy" in the favorites section. WOW, what an amazing fic! TOTALLY, totally awesome! It has regular doses of S/J ship, humor, adventure, angst, whumpage, glowing alien trees and hairy creepy-crawlies. If you haven't read it already, go read it!

Oh, and Sam & Jack 4-eva! ;)

pittsburghgirl
October 3rd, 2005, 11:45 AM
this is slighty off topic (or maybe off the wall) but anyone who is interested in the first of the new stargate novels-you can get them off amazon.com-not exactly in amazon's offerings -but in the new/used that they offer. Just type in under books-Stargate and scroll through-all but Sally's two are offered.

sueKay
October 3rd, 2005, 01:17 PM
I finished 'The Cost of Honour' on Friday...superb...not so much ship, but a few shippy undertones...All round BRILLIANT story...completely true to the characters. I hope TPTB read Sally's work and offer her a job.

October 3rd, 2005, 01:31 PM
Hey! Of course we remember you :D:D
I'm glad you had fun in your placement :)

Anyways, thanks for letting em know about the Amanda thing I didn't know we were getting that!...What channel is it on??

Hope your reflective essay wasn't too hard

Hugs,
Sarah

Hey Sarah (hope you don't mind me using your name :))

Lol, well that is a relief! ;)
Yeah I really did have fun. It was hard getting up at 5am most mornings but I am missing it!

Well the Amanda thing was supposed to be on Sky One 8pm this Wednesday. It was about the science behind Stargate and that the Stargate (well wormholes and travelling through space) could become true! It sounds very cool. But I was just reading on a thread here (I'll try and find it in a moment) that it is not on now (have no idea why). And that apparently Sky One has upped the start of S9 by one week. So now the new series starts next Tuesday, 11th October. Don’t hold me too it though, I will have to check the Sky guide tomorrow!

Well seeing as I had never done reflection before, it was a bit hard. But it is done now, handed in and now I am just not thinking about it ;). Just got to see my personal tutor tomorrow and then I have the rest of the week free! :D

So what eps did you watch? I would have put D&C, Beneath the surface, 100 days, Grace and Heroes on! :)

~Tracey~

sueKay
October 3rd, 2005, 01:37 PM
(((((((Tracey))))))))
(((((((Amy))))))))
(((((((Sam O Neill)))))))

WELCOME BACK!!!! :D :D :D

Sam O Neill - I sent you an email...did you get it?

October 3rd, 2005, 01:42 PM
(((((((Tracey))))))))
(((((((Amy))))))))
(((((((Sam O Neill)))))))

WELCOME BACK!!!! :D :D :D

Sam O Neill - I sent you an email...did you get it?
(((((Suekay)))))

Thanks for the welcome back. I am glad to be back. It has been ages since I was here and I did miss you all! :)

(((((((((((shipper family))))))))))

How you doing anyway? How is uni going??? :D

Sam and Jack forever (well I need to be on topic ;))!

~Tracey~

sueKay
October 3rd, 2005, 02:17 PM
We miss you too Tracey...Uni's great, but I'm exhausted!!!!

Well...I was planning on doing some fanfic tonight, but alas I'm afraid I've let you down...I'm at 95 000 words all in though, so expect about 5 000 words of fic this week :D

stargate barbie
October 3rd, 2005, 02:19 PM
Sam is made so wishy washie in "Lost City", that if I was AT, I would have had a fit.

i've heard this type of comment so much from anti shippers and anti sam/AT's that for the most part i can just block it out, but when i see this kind of stuff here if find it difficult to do. as it is now, i'll limit myself to saying that, the very same could be said for jack. in my view neither one of them is "wishy washie", and reasonable and believable explainations can be seen for both parties actions or lack of.

i know that some people will always see jack as being without fault, so every thing must be sams fault, and vice versa. personally i see each side as being completely even, faults and all. thank god for the sam thread and the jack thunk thread.
*sigh*

Queen Eleta
October 3rd, 2005, 02:24 PM
Sam and Jack are both people with some serious emotional baggage, too. I never saw either of them as lacking in confidence, but when it came to each other, maybe that was the case.

October 3rd, 2005, 02:25 PM
We miss you too Tracey...Uni's great, but I'm exhausted!!!!

Well...I was planning on doing some fanfic tonight, but alas I'm afraid I've let you down...I'm at 95 000 words all in though, so expect about 5 000 words of fic this week :D
Aaaaww! :)

Lol tell me about it. I am not even back properly till next week and already I am just overwhelmed! :S Last night I was up until 1am making sure my essay was ok (I stress so much and am never happy with anything lol).

Ah well 95 000 is a lot so I think we can all forgive you and wait a few days! ;)

~Tracey~

stargate barbie
October 3rd, 2005, 02:41 PM
Sam and Jack are both people with some serious emotional baggage, too. I never saw either of them as lacking in confidence, but when it came to each other, maybe that was the case.
i agree with you mostly on this. although i do see sam as having a huge fear of failing and disappointing those around her. and i think jack is afraid of the dark side. i mean c'mon, why else would he have never seen star wars. there's somethin' up with that! but seriously, i mean, his dark side. to a certain extent. he's afraid he's not a good guy anymore. he's somewhat afraid that he won't be able to do the general thing because he's been doing the point and shoot thing for so long. he doesn't realise that he has so much more to offer and i honestly don't think he realises that he is much smarter than he lets on.

the two of them are so humble and modest and unaware of how special they are, and so hyperaware of each others qualities, that neither one of them can understand how the other could be in love with them. (does that make sense?) and i think a lot of their baggage comes from there. i don't think that they'll ever realise how special they are, but i do think they have accepted now that they are in love with one another, even if they don't understand it.

i'm bored, and hungry. and i think i'm in a bad mood! (this is me in a bad mood) :o

sueKay
October 3rd, 2005, 02:53 PM
Cookie Monster...You've just given me an idea!!!

Okay...we've had wedding drills on our ship days and some of us have written about the big day...but there's one thing we've never discussed - the menu at Sam and Jack's wedding reception!

So be creative and let's see what wacky ideas we can come up with :D

Tracey - I'm the same...I normally do four or five drafts per essay!

florence
October 3rd, 2005, 03:06 PM

Okay...we've had wedding drills on our ship days and some of us have written about the big day...but there's one thing we've never discussed - the menu at Sam and Jack's wedding reception!

Well I don't know about the whole menu but it must have cake ! And jello ! :D
Awww, I've just had this sweet idea about Jack feeding Sam with blue jello at their wedding reception... http://yelims1.free.fr/Amour/Amour61.gif

stargate barbie
October 3rd, 2005, 03:17 PM

cookies, cake and jello. where's the discussion? thats what i want at my wedding!

okay, maybe some lemon chicken as the main course. :D

stargate barbie
October 3rd, 2005, 03:18 PM
Well I don't know about the whole menu but it must have cake ! And jello ! :D
Awww, I've just had this sweet idea about Jack feeding Sam with blue jello at their wedding reception... http://yelims1.free.fr/Amour/Amour61.gif
thats really nice.

sugarshaker
October 3rd, 2005, 03:59 PM

Actually I think it's TPTB that have the emotional baggage, not our favorite couple. :p Sam and Jack have emotional baggage because they're written that way, and it's TP's who are responsible for that. Our immensely talented fanfic writers do an excellent job of stripping all that baggage away and portraying them as we know them to be - a committed, loving couple. :) PTB, stop. listen. and learn. ;)

stargate barbie
October 3rd, 2005, 04:25 PM
Actually I think it's TPTB that have the emotional baggage, not our favorite couple. :p Sam and Jack have emotional baggage because they're written that way, and it's TP's who are responsible for that. Our immensely talented fanfic writers do an excellent job of stripping all that baggage away and portraying them as we know them to be - a committed, loving couple. :) PTB, stop. listen. and learn. ;)
but thats how one creates a believable and interesting character for television. by giving them backstories and baggage and quirks and whatnot.
i love fluff fic, but it only works in story form. i don't think i could watch something that sweet on screen. even in fics i like my characters to have the kind of thought and dimensions put into them as they do in the show. in fact i like them to have more thought put into the characters histories and psychologies than what we get in the show.

and dag nabbit i've forgotten what my point was here because i can't concentrate with your sig in view! this is how you win debates isn't it!?! you distract us with yummy pictures so we can't think or .... ah dammit!

trupi
October 3rd, 2005, 05:12 PM
You are absolutely right, Julie! Thank G-- we have our fanfic writers, without them we would have lost our minds.:eek: :D

trupi
October 3rd, 2005, 05:27 PM
"Solitudes" is on SG-Monday. I love that episode! Great episode for Sam. Tough but sensitive. Almost Macgyver's the DHD. It great!

trupi
October 3rd, 2005, 07:13 PM
Has everyone read MeiMei's "The Day before the Morning After" . Great fanfic!
http://home.earthlink.net/~shiawmeimei/id127.html

gatewatcher
October 3rd, 2005, 07:15 PM

Worked for me, too!!:)

Buc252
October 3rd, 2005, 07:23 PM

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I just get tired of so many Sam fans bashing Jack all the time. From my perspective, he's been 100% honorable through the entire thing, whereas some see him as evil incarnate. <sigh>

I'm getting more and more sorry I come in here every night. Aren't there ANY Jack supporters left in this shipper family? (Rhetorical question - I don't expect answers.)

ShimmeringStar
October 3rd, 2005, 07:42 PM
the two of them are so humble and modest and unaware of how special they are, and so hyperaware of each others qualities, that neither one of them can understand how the other could be in love with them. (does that make sense?) and i think a lot of their baggage comes from there. i don't think that they'll ever realise how special they are, but i do think they have accepted now that they are in love with one another, even if they don't understand it.
:DYep.:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/SG1S6/Redemption1samjack2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/ShimmeringStar214/SG1S6/Curejacksam4.jpg

CC_girl
October 3rd, 2005, 07:47 PM
Hello!!! Sam/JAck Ship family.... My name is Rossana and I'm from Colombia (South America)... I've been whatching Stargate for about a year, and I love the show.. specially the S/J relationship...

I would like to participate in your forum...

I´m sorry if my english isn't good:S ... I'm learning it!!!!!

Bye

trupi
October 3rd, 2005, 07:57 PM
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I just get tired of so many Sam fans bashing Jack all the time. From my perspective, he's been 100% honorable through the entire thing, whereas some see him as evil incarnate. <sigh>

I'm getting more and more sorry I come in here every night. Aren't there ANY Jack supporters left in this shipper family? (Rhetorical question - I don't expect answers.)
I'm a Jack supporter, Mary. He's not perfect (just like Sam) but has put his a-- on the line more times then anyone should count. We just want a happy ending to his life (As for Sam). However, it's TPTB that directs how their lives are to end and only our hope that it goes happily or shippy (whatever the term) at the end of SG-1 series.

trupi
October 3rd, 2005, 08:00 PM
Hello!!! Sam/JAck Ship family.... My name is Rossana and I'm from Colombia (South America)... I've been whatching Stargate for about a year, and I love the show.. specially the S/J relationship...

Bye
Welcome to our thread! Come and post often. Which season did you see?

Gatetrixer
October 3rd, 2005, 08:04 PM
I agree with you about that scene, IMO that was one of the most heart rendering scenes in SG-1 series. Very touching! However, all Jack knows at this point is that Sam is engaged. She moved on! What should he have done, grab her and say "Hey I told you I loved you but now you are engaged and scr----- this guy ". He thinks she is in love with Pete, now. He told her how he felt in "Divide and Conquer", she said we'll "keep it in the room". Jack isn't the type to beg or change the way he feels. He stated how he felt and left the door open for Sam to make-up her mind when, but "When" never came and Pete is in the picture now, as an adult and her friend "first" he moved on. He doesn't stalk like some guys!

Um, the engagement came later in S8.

CC_girl
October 3rd, 2005, 08:06 PM
Hi trupi... I saw season 1 to 5 on DVD and season 6 and 7 on FOX Channel Latinamerica... I'm watching season 8 rigth now on FOX

trupi
October 3rd, 2005, 08:08 PM
Um, the engagement came later in S8.
Must be losing it going into my 46th year!;)

Gatetrixer
October 3rd, 2005, 08:12 PM

Pizza, chocolate kisses, Guinness, and MRI's. Oh, and individual "beer" omelets. Might as well be as wacky as possible.

trupi
October 3rd, 2005, 08:15 PM
Hi trupi... I saw season 1 to 5 on DVD and season 6 and 7 on FOX Channel Latinamerica... I'm watching season 8 rigth now on FOX
WOW! You caught up real fast. What is your favorite season so far?

gatebee
October 3rd, 2005, 08:20 PM

Bye
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif CC_girl

gatebee
October 3rd, 2005, 08:22 PM
Is the SG1 dubbed in spanish when you watch it?:D How does Jack say " I care about her more than I should?"

trupi
October 3rd, 2005, 08:22 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/4.gif CC_girl
What a great welcome! Real cute!:p

gatebee
October 3rd, 2005, 08:27 PM
What a great welcome! Real cute!:p
Hi Trupi... it is the best way to welcome new shippers:D

Uber
October 3rd, 2005, 08:31 PM

ByeYou're English is great. Better than mine and English is my first language! :)

Welcome and happy shipping!!!

gatebee
October 3rd, 2005, 08:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/sjsolitudesstanding.jpg
they were on tonight ... such a wonderful ep

Gatetrixer
October 3rd, 2005, 08:33 PM

I know what you mean about the TPTB being responsible, but I'll tell a little story on me. When I first got into fandom (SW-a long time ago!) there were letterzines which came out about once month in which there was discussions(letters) like these, but the wait between! Anyway, before I started contributing, just reading, I couldn't figure out these discussions about Han, Luke, Leia etc. and analyses as to why they reacted such and such. I said to myself, "They reacted like that because that's the way it was written!! Why are they discussing it like they are real people and they really did those things?" It took me a while before I realized that's the way it was done. Whatever happened on screen was canon and was discussed. What the writer(s) meant and what we wished they had written was a whole 'nother subject and rarely discussed. Here, of course, we discuss both. Sorry,to go on so long and bore everyone, but it came backto me about my long ago confusion.

trupi
October 3rd, 2005, 08:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/sjsolitudesstanding.jpg
they were on tonight ... such a wonderful ep
Like I said before, I love the episode! Great scenes and RDA and AT worked hard on that episode. Got a few bruises and a little frost bite but definitely was worth the pain for character development.

Queen Eleta
October 3rd, 2005, 08:37 PM
Pizza, chocolate kisses, Guinness, and MRI's. Oh, and individual "beer" omelets. Might as well be as wacky as possible.

LOL. Do you maybe mean, MRE's (meals, ready-to-eat)? I can't think why they would need to get there heads examines at the wedding. That will be the one sane thing they do!!

gatebee
October 3rd, 2005, 08:42 PM
Like I said before, I love the episode! Great scenes and RDA and AT worked hard on that episode. Got a few bruises and a little frost bite but definitely was worth the pain for character development.
That is so true. They really made that ep very well. The concept was good. It may them introduce another stargate .Who would have known there was another one if not for the error. And to make it so shippy was a great bonus.

CC_girl
October 3rd, 2005, 08:51 PM
Hi everyone!!! in FOX channel the episode of Stargate are in english with subtitels... its better that way because we can hear the original audio... ahhh and the season 4 is my favorite!!! and i also like some episodes from others seasons... i've have seen season 6 a 7 abouth 3 times.... so i enjoy to watch Stargate..

trupi
October 3rd, 2005, 08:55 PM
Hi everyone!!! in FOX channel the episode of Stargate are in english with subtitels... its better that way because we can hear the original audio... ahhh and the season 4 is my favorite!!! and i also like some episodes from others seasons... i've have seen season 6 a 7 abouth 3 times.... so i enjoy to watch Stargate..
What's your favorite episode?

sclairef99
October 3rd, 2005, 10:21 PM
Ok...so I was watching There But For the Grace of God tonight....and well, while I definately have always seen the hug of the engaged S/J....i never noticed the wonderful word he uttered to her before.... right before the hug, C'Mere....

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Uber
October 3rd, 2005, 10:24 PM
Ok...so I was watching There But For the Grace of God tonight....and well, while I definately have always seen the hug of the engaged S/J....i never noticed the wonderful word he uttered to her before.... right before the hug, C'Mere....

SYeah and it's blurred because the focus is on Daniel's reaction to the news they're engaged, but Sam kisses Jack's cheek before he leaves the room.

*shippy sigh*

I miss Jack.

RDA? RDA? Oh RDA??? Come back for a few eppies next season...please???

:cool:

trupi
October 3rd, 2005, 10:25 PM

S
It's sad because we get a shippy moment between J/S who can be together and then they kill them off! Not once but twice!

cafine_us
October 3rd, 2005, 10:33 PM

S
Some have claimed to hear Jack say "I love you" just before he pulls away, but I listened for that specifically tonight and I didn't even hear a mutter.

ST-1
October 3rd, 2005, 10:37 PM
Ooooh, it worked it worked it worked it worked! New fanfic is up!
Darkness (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/42/darkness.html)
Shippy as always! :P Please R&R!

P.S. WELCOME, CC_Girl! Your English is fine. Post often, and enjoy! :)

trupi
October 3rd, 2005, 10:48 PM
Ooooh, it worked it worked it worked it worked! New fanfic is up!
Darkness (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/42/darkness.html)
Shippy as always! :P Please R&R!

P.S. WELCOME, CC_Girl! Your English is fine. Post often, and enjoy! :)
Beautiful! Sent R&R

florence
October 4th, 2005, 12:21 AM

Bye
Welcome in the Family CC-girl ! Don't worry, your english is fine :D

I may not be very active in this thread lately but I'm lurking everyday :p
I've started watching S9 eps so I'll soon be able to tell you what I think of this new season ;)
But even without talking about S9, we still have 8 years of S/J ship to talk about ! :D

irishchick
October 4th, 2005, 01:26 AM
hey folks , so excited s9 is gonna be startin over here in a few weeks . ive read a lot of spoilers so kinda know whats gonna happen , ive kinda figured that theres not a lot happenin this season with j&s and its up to our sweet little imaginations to imagine somethin is maybe goin on. do ye think that there maybe some ship in s10 or are the ptb keepin it for the film now that they can be together

what ye think?????:S

Catysg1
October 4th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Hi everyone :) still lurking but no time to post much :S

Thank you nell, Stargate 7777, Trupi, Gatewatcher and sg1Fanintn :)

I' m so glad yu enjoyed my latest video and if you care to go to Intel ( SJ shipper thread ), Gatebee, Uhsir and Somnium did a lovely review and analysis of that special video . I also added a few more things as how I made it ect....:D

The direct link is here :)

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stargate_Intel/index.php?showtopic=35&st=1590

And welcome to the Newbies . Enjoy your time here with the shipper family . we are all great people :) and we LOVE everybody posting here :)

Rune
October 4th, 2005, 01:54 AM
Flying by again, have a great day :)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/Naquadah/Jack/fireand/fireandw-45bw1.jpg

shelsfc
October 4th, 2005, 03:11 AM
:D :D Welcome CC_girl!!:D :D

shelsfc
October 4th, 2005, 03:26 AM
hey folks , so excited s9 is gonna be startin over here in a few weeks . ive read a lot of spoilers so kinda know whats gonna happen , ive kinda figured that theres not a lot happenin this season with j&s and its up to our sweet little imaginations to imagine somethin is maybe goin on. do ye think that there maybe some ship in s10 or are the ptb keepin it for the film now that they can be together

what ye think?????:S

Ooh the film!! With everything that's been going on lately, I completely forgot about that teeny glimmer of hope on the horizon! I really would like to see them together in the show, but at this stage, I just don't believe it's going to happen. And ya know, what if there isn't even a S10? We've been expecting it to end after every season for the last four years, now that we're expecting it to go on for another season don't ya know this is the one they'll end it with!

If there is a S10 I will, as always, keep hoping for ship...and that long sought after resolution. A shipper can dream....:rolleyes:

sueKay
October 4th, 2005, 05:37 AM
Howdy folks!

Welcome CC Girl!

Have fun and post lots :D :D

Well...I PROMISE I'll do something nice n shippy tonight to cheer y'all up

Good suggestions for the Menu...me likey :D

Well gotta run!

irishchick
October 4th, 2005, 05:39 AM
hi shelsfc id say there will be a s10 and hopefully AT will be in it ye know wit her new baby an all maybe she mite want home time with her , please tell me there is a s10 when do we officially find out??

irishchick
October 4th, 2005, 05:59 AM
hello em heellloooo!!! anyone there, em(raises hand) i have a bit of a question bein a bit of a newbie , em in the private messages it says about subscribin to a thread how do i do that and what does it mean??:(

smea
October 4th, 2005, 06:15 AM
hello em heellloooo!!! anyone there, em(raises hand) i have a bit of a question bein a bit of a newbie , em in the private messages it says about subscribin to a thread how do i do that and what does it mean??:(

Hey.. well subscribing to the thread..
To do it, just go to thread tools, and click subscribe to this thread.. or something like that.. :p

And once you're subscribed, an email is sent to you everytime someone posts a new reply to the thread :D

florence
October 4th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Hey.. well subscribing to the thread..
To do it, just go to thread tools, and click subscribe to this thread.. or something like that.. :p

And once you're subscribed, an email is sent to you everytime someone posts a new reply to the thread :D
Or you can choose not to receive emails (I spend all my free time in this forum anyway ! :p ).
When you go to 'My Controls' (on the top right of the page), you'll find all your subscribed threads. Much easier ! :D

CC_girl
October 4th, 2005, 07:49 AM
What's your favorite episode?

My favorite episode is Windows of oportunity... it´s so funny!!!:D :D :D

I don't think season 9 would be here soon.. I read every day this thread and i very inform of what is happening....

I've been reading this thread since May.. but i was afraid to post because i did not now if you could understend me... I don´t friends who likes stargate, this is the reason that make join this forum...:D