PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57

sueKay
September 26th, 2005, 10:26 AM
((((Carolina))))

Hope you're back in the US soon!

I'm really getting sick of TV politics, so I'm gonna be sticking to fanfic, art and other 'fanon' creations, because really, canon ain't doing it for me.

I've been passionate about one other show - Star Trek Voyager, and got royally screwed in the last ep...I only got as 'into' SG1 because I though this show was better with better producers. After all, who could possibly be as bad as Brannon and Berman?

Oh how naive of me...

sg-1fanintn
September 26th, 2005, 11:21 AM
shippers, i've got a question for you --

what s/j ending was better - lost city or threads/moebius?

before you answer, think carefully of what we went through to get to threads/moebius? was it worth it?

to answer for myself, i pick lost city. your pick?

sally :)
What we went through to get to Threads was worth it, because finally, both Sam and Jack were ready to admit their love to each other. So much angst, so much denial! So much satisfaction when we got, "Always," and fishing.

To me, it was worth it, and I still believe we'll get a real resolution.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/Believeforweb.jpg

Gatetrixer
September 26th, 2005, 11:29 AM
About AT's comment about Jack and Sam "getting it out of their systems" there is a fic by Nanda called "Revelation" on Heliopolis, both PG-13 on regular Helioplis and a NC-17 on Helio 2. Didn't work for either of them. There are two followups, one very recently. I'm not very up on the new ratings for fics, but these were the ratings at the time for this story.

My mistake, it is "Resolution" not "Revelation."

Rogue
September 26th, 2005, 11:38 AM

before you answer, think carefully of what we went through to get to threads/moebius? was it worth it?

to answer for myself, i pick lost city.

your pick?

You know, I really thought they were going to get together at the end of season 7. There were so many shippy scenes the second part of the season. But all we got was a "I know". How lame can you get. At least we could have gotten a "I feel the same way" or a "Me too".

As far as Threads or Moebius we got a fishing scene and a "always" which is way better than a "I know", but I think we did deserve more. Maybe holding hands or his arm around her. But I still don't trust these guys. How do we know that they aren't going to use Moebius as a excuse to change Sam and Jacks relationship?

So to answer the question, neither. I am still waiting for a resolution.

pittsburghgirl
September 26th, 2005, 12:01 PM
i'm with Rogue on that question too-

Gatetrixer
September 26th, 2005, 12:09 PM
I think men in general have different priorities than women do when it comes to kids. From my experience, even though my husband helped out, the main responsibility of caring for the kids was mine. We both work, but I was the one who always had to rearrange my schedule to take kids to the doctor, go to the school for meetings or events, etc. Lets not forget the golf on Sundays. The male bonding activity that takes all day.

Yes, how true that is. I didn't mean to imply,however, by the last sentence I said about RDA's trips, that he wasn't spending as much time as he can with his daughter, especially after he had his schedule rearranged and also now that he is off the show. As an aside, a parent has to keep perspective, however, and no matter how much you love your kids and enjoy being with them and even though kids come first, they should not be your social life. This is especially true for single parents. I read that somewhere!!!

Gatetrixer
September 26th, 2005, 12:19 PM
You know, I really thought they were going to get together at the end of season 7. There were so many shippy scenes the second part of the season. But all we got was a "I know". How lame can you get. At least we could have gotten a "I feel the same way" or a "Me too".

As far as Threads or Moebius we got a fishing scene and a "always" which is way better than a "I know", but I think we did deserve more. Maybe holding hands or his arm around her. But I still don't trust these guys. How do we know that they aren't going to use Moebius as a excuse to change Sam and Jacks relationship?

So to answer the question, neither. I am still waiting for a resolution.

Since I've heard that LC was supposed to be a TV movie, but instead the show was renewed, how would they have ended the movie? Surely not with Jack being frozen. Unless there was going to be another movie after that. And would there have been any Sam/Jack resolution in the movie?

BTW, I'm surprised no one has commented on PDL's comments about "close enough" hinting that there was a bit of change in the univ. caused by Moebius doings.

Rogue
September 26th, 2005, 12:38 PM
Yes, how true that is. I didn't mean to imply,however, by the last sentence I said about RDA's trips, that he wasn't spending as much time as he can with his daughter, especially after he had his schedule rearranged and also now that he is off the show. As an aside, a parent has to keep perspective, however, and no matter how much you love your kids and enjoy being with them and even though kids come first, they should not be your social life. This is especially true for single parents. I read that somewhere!!!

I agree. A parent needs time alone without the kids. And I knew you weren't implying RDA didn't spend enough time with his daughter. I was just making a generalized comment on the differences in caregiver roles between male and female. Even though roles have changed, it is still left up to the female to be the main caregiver.

sarah_uk
September 26th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Since I've heard that LC was supposed to be a TV movie, but instead the show was renewed, how would they have ended the movie? Surely not with Jack being frozen. Unless there was going to be another movie after that. And would there have been any Sam/Jack resolution in the movie?

BTW, I'm surprised no one has commented on PDL's comments about "close enough" hinting that there was a bit of change in the univ. caused by Moebius doings.

Putting in spoiler marks for the ep moebius just in case...
Thats why I really didn't like Moebius. I hate time travel eps, cause it gives TPTB chance to change dynamics on the show.
I loved the threads ep and the kind of resolution they gave us but then when I watched moebius it kinda just was like they stepped backwards. But then from what I gather from the new season, things haven't been changed too much but the time change thing was worrying me.
they could just change them anyway like they did on Voyager

FTAO Suekay= I was thinking of Voyager too. I was a Janeway/ Chakotay shipper till that...... grrr... Endgame eppy.

They really ruined the characters on voy.
No matter what they do on Stargate sg1 I just hope they stay true to the characters.

pittsburghgirl
September 26th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I agree. A parent needs time alone without the kids. And I knew you weren't implying RDA didn't spend enough time with his daughter. I was just making a generalized comment on the differences in caregiver roles between male and female. Even though roles have changed, it is still left up to the female to be the main caregiver.
ain't that the truth-when the kids are sick-who they gonna call-not ghostbusters I can assure you and not dear old dad either. Especially if they are in one state and you are in another and it is 2 am.

Rogue
September 26th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Putting in spoiler marks for the ep moebius just in case...
Thats why I really didn't like Moebius. I hate time travel eps, cause it gives TPTB chance to change dynamics on the show.
I loved the threads ep and the kind of resolution they gave us but then when I watched moebius it kinda just was like they stepped backwards. But then from what I gather from the new season, things haven't been changed too much but the time change thing was worrying me.
they could just change them anyway like they did on Voyager

FTAO Suekay= I was thinking of Voyager too. I was a Janeway/ Chakotay shipper till that...... grrr... Endgame eppy.

They really ruined the characters on voy.
No matter what they do on Stargate sg1 I just hope they stay true to the characters.

Yeah, Moebuis still bothers me. I am afraid they will use it to rewrite SG-1 history. Sorry that didn't really happen because the timeline changed. Or Sam really did have sex with Orlin in this timeline. Or Jack didn't say "always" he said "in your dreams".

I wasn't a Janeway/Chakotay shipper, but him and 7 of 9 was a total surprise. Totally ruined the last part of the series.

Oh and Welcome sarah_uk!

Sam_o_Neill
September 26th, 2005, 01:19 PM
((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))))))))))))))))
I hate just dropping in like this and then going missing again but I can't believe how much time college takes up. Before i went I was under the impression that the hours were a lot less than what I did in school but the full days are at least 2 hours longer :S and I used to think the amount of homework I had from school was bad....

Anyways enough with the moaning, I just had to come on and say hi to everyone and look at some shippy pics. I'm in a really low shippy mood at the moment it feels like so long since i've seen any ship :S I think its probably time for me to break out the season 4 dvd's again :P

I hope everyone is ok, especially those peeps in America having trouble with these awful hurricanes (((((( hugs)))))))

Sam_o_Neill
September 26th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I just read Joes newest blog and Season 9 isn't looking promising for any more ship....:S I know he says that the ship has been put on the back burner for the moment because there is no sign of RDA coming back in the near future but I don't understand why they can't still give us something definate for ship. I'd be happy enough with a phonecall between Sam and Jack....Sam saying 'I miss you Jack' or 'I love you' would be even better but thinking about it I think the 'I love You should be left until we get them both together considering we have been waiting for 9 years and that will be a very special moment :D:D:D

Sorry if I seem to just be typing loads and chatting rubbish, its a thing I do when i'm tired...:S

majorshrl
September 26th, 2005, 01:39 PM
WELCOME MAJORSHRL!!!!!!

Another Scottish Shipper yay!!!!!!!

OT - I'm from Balloch, Loch Lomond.

Thanks for the welcome SueKay I'm from Dumfries and Galloway.

shelsfc
September 26th, 2005, 01:42 PM
I wasn't happy with Moebius either, but not because I was afraid they'd mess with the established timeline - I think they're a bit smarter than that! (A bit...) My main two problems with it were, one, that it was RDA's last episode as a regular, essentially the last episode, probably ever, with the original SG1 (yeah, I know Jack wasn't actually still a member of the team, but that's just a technicality ;) ) but it was not, in fact, about the original SG1 at all. The episode should have been a celebration of our team, and of their adventures over the last eight years. IMHO, it was the complete opposite.

And, two, we finally get S&J admitting their feelings to each other, we get a big honkin' kiss....and it's not even them!! That was such a let down.

I was a Janeway/Chakotay shipper too, and that was the one part of Endgame that really annoyed me. Oh, that and we didn't get to see Tom meeting his daughter! (I was also a Tom/B'Elanna shipper...which I suppose makes up for J/C. Sort of.)

majorshrl
September 26th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Perfect Suekay! My daughter is learning the song and she has to define what the word "gloaming" means from the line "And the moon coming out in the gloaming". Thanks

Not sure if you got your answer, but I am pretty sure it is Twilight or dusk there is another line from a song" Roaming in the gloaming with a lassie by my side." Hope this helps.

Shirley

Sam_o_Neill
September 26th, 2005, 01:48 PM

your pick?

I have to choose Threads/Moebius:
Lost City was the best Season finale IMO but Threads and Moebius gave us so much more on the ship front...Sam dumped Pete because she was in love with Jack and there was no vagueness about it or anything, she loved Jack and that was that... We got the lovely observation room scene in Threads and then in Moebius we got THE KISS!!! IMO The best Sam/Jack kiss!!
And I know that we did have to suffer with 'the spud' before we got to that but out of the 1 1/2 seasons Sam and Pete were togetehr there were only ever 2 eps where it was actually acknowleged.....Sam didn't even wear her engagement ring until Threads when she broke up with him!!. IMO two eps of Pete was worth what we got in Threads/Moebius :D

Rogue
September 26th, 2005, 01:49 PM
I wasn't happy with Moebius either, but not because I was afraid they'd mess with the established timeline - I think they're a bit smarter than that! (A bit...) My main two problems with it were, one, that it was RDA's last episode as a regular, essentially the last episode, probably ever with the original SG1 (yeah, I know Jack wasn't actually still a member of the team, but that's just a technicality ;) ) but it was not, in fact, the original SG1 at all. The episode should have been a celebration of our team, and of their adventures over the last eight years. IMHO, it was the complete opposite.

And, two, we finally get S&J admitting their feelings to each other, we get a big honkin' kiss....and it's not even them!! That was such a let down.

I was a Janeway/Chakotay shipper too, and that was the one part of Endgame that really annoyed me. Oh, that and we didn't get to see Tom meeting his daughter! (I was also a Tom/B'Elanna shipper...which I suppose makes up for J/C. Sort of.)

If they meant it to be a joke, I didn't laugh. Alternate timelines don't cost them anything. They could have Jack and Sam do the wild thing in the alternate timeline because they know it really didn't happen. They don't have to write consequences. Its a cheap way of giving us what we want without really giving up anything.

trupi
September 26th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Not sure if you got your answer, but I am pretty sure it is Twilight or dusk there is another line from a song" Roaming in the gloaming with a lassie by my side." Hope this helps.

Shirley
Thank you so much and welcome to the thread!
:D

dipsofjazz
September 26th, 2005, 01:58 PM

Shirley
:D I agree it means dusk.

I also agree with everybody about Moebius. Much as it was a 'fun' episode, it should never have been the season finale, or RDA's final full episode. I'm sure TPTB have absolutely no idea why we are still looking for confirmation that Sam and Jack are together. They seem to think they gave us what we wanted with Threads and Moebius. I think Threads set us up for them to be together, but Moebius was just a romp, and we hardly saw 'our' SG-1 in it. I feel cheated, as they could have....should have, given us something more than we got. :rolleyes:

stargate barbie
September 26th, 2005, 02:06 PM
I would like to say how entirely crushed I am that no one commented on my Jackcicle joke...or the joke about which would last better in the summer heat...

...or the follow through about needing to see Solitudes for another Jackcicle ep.

I was really proud of that post...it cracked me up for 10 solid minutes...and not one person noticed!!!

Makes me want to whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine..................

:eek: :S :rolleyes:

:cool:
i got it, but i was only drive by posting last night, and i couldnt' and still can't green you yet, so i had to let it go. there were pressing tv issues awaiting me following a hard nights work. i formally apologise for not issuing kudos on a good joke.

stargate barbie
September 26th, 2005, 02:15 PM
this one's all about moebius so if ya don't wanna know the score, look away now.

the close enough comment in moebius was just a nod to the simpsons and so should not be read into that closely. the thing is that, the only difference in the timeline was the fish. it follows on from the other simpsons reference from the same episode. carter says she can't help thinking seh'd step on a ug and change the future. homer sat on a fish, and changed the future. the difference was only slight, and unimportant. we need to stop reading into these throwaway comments so much. moebius was not by any means a way to screw over the shippers. in fact it was a way of showing us how comfortable sam and jack, (and daniel and teal'c) are with one another following threads. they still went fishing. if they wanted to change the timeline they would never have had sam go with him. they kept in the we should have done this before line.
and now a line about EDM season 9

and then they gave us "not exactly" just to make sure.
they are together dammit!

stargate barbie
September 26th, 2005, 02:17 PM
wow, i think you just changed my mind on the debate! ;)

sally :D
YYYAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!! if that was sarcasm, let me know now, before i start my happy dance!

shelsfc
September 26th, 2005, 02:23 PM
If they meant it to be a joke, I didn't laugh. Alternate timelines don't cost them anything. They could have Jack and Sam do the wild thing in the alternate timeline because they know it really didn't happen. They don't have to write consequences. Its a cheap way of giving us what we want without really giving up anything.

Exactly. All we got last season was "Always" and the fishing scene in Threads. Not that I'm complaining about them, they were two of the most squee-worthy scenes Stargate has produced! But it felt like we were cheated out of a resolution with Moebius. It would have been a great episode at any other time, it was hilarious! I think there was just so much more expected from it.

Rogue
September 26th, 2005, 02:36 PM
Exactly. All we got last season was "Always" and the fishing scene in Threads. Not that I'm complaining about them, they were two of the most squee-worthy scenes Stargate has produced! But it felt like we were cheated out of a resolution with Moebius. It would have been a great episode at any other time, it was hilarious! I think there was just so much more expected from it.

Your right. I think TPTB screwed up by airing it as the season finale and RDA last ep. If they had aired it in the middle of the season, it would have been better received.

Catysg1
September 26th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Caty, I agree with most of your post, except in the USA I don't know how many well known men, usually athletes, have said they are retiring "to spend more time with their family" and the next thing you know they are back on a team. Not saying this is the case with RDA just noting how cynical I've become when I hear this declared by said athletes. I think RDA, and I believe he said it, would like to get some acting work, not full-time, in Hollywood. Part-time would mean those 14-15 hours days would be only once in a while and Hollywood would mean no flying to Vancouver. I used to wonder why RDA was taking these adventure trips to China and South America etc. during the long breaks between filming SG when on the one hand he was talking about reducing his SG schedule to be with his daughter and he could have used those breaks to be with her. Shouldn't have been my concern, but couldn't stop my thoughts.

I get you Gatetrixter :) May be he was just fed up to play with the Stargate :) I don't really know him . I just believed him when he said that he wanted to be with his daughter when he meant full time Dad . ..but hey you can still be a full time dad and still have some extra activities ..same as with the mum ..hey . I don't think a lot of mums working full time or part time those days do a lot and a lot of housework to be honest . They much prefer spending time on the net and talk to the kids after school . Housework comes last :) LOL
Good luck to RDA in whatever he wishes to do :)

Caty :)

sg-1fanintn
September 26th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Well, here's something interesting. Skiffy has announced that it is adding a new original series, Eureka, to its lineup for a July 2006 premiere. Does this mean another night of programming, or will a series be departing the original series lineup? Hmmmmm.......

You can read the story here: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/09/scifiaddsieurekaitoslateof.shtml

Catysg1
September 26th, 2005, 03:11 PM
and yet we had to put up with mac getting together with anyone 'but' harm. over and over. we had to put up with pete, with only one ep to have to really suffer through for seeing them shippy. can't say the same for jag. i was with jag from the beginning, so by the time the worst of the anti harm/mac stuff came, i couldn't handle it. you're in a better place than me, caty, on that show.

i'm not trying to be sarcastic, caty, i just think you need a better *example* to show the difference between s/j and h/m ptb. in my mind, the comparison = stargate ptb are fantastic!

I like the JAG stories even when it involves Harm being with Annie or any other women and Mac with other boyfriends ..because they are all part of the storyline . The episode "The stalker" Hum !!!remind me of someone in Stargate too ..is a great episode because you have Mac's boyfriend dying in her arms , then she tries to cope with her drinking problem, being slightly nasty to Harm under the booze influence . Mac apologising to Harm and most importantly Harm was there all the way , even if they didn't kiss .. They are very supportive of each other always and they know how to talk . To me the Jag ship was better handled in all the episodes ..Not one boyfriend or girlfriend came out of the blue like Pete did in Stargate for the sake of it .

Mac and Harm had a life or tried too have a life outside work ..Stargate TPTB noticed in season 7 that Sam carter didn't have a life and suddnely realised that they had to make the character a bit more human ...so quick , quick , quick ...let's go and ask David/Pete if he would like to be Sam's boyfriend as no other actors wanted to be in betweem Sam and Jack relationship . In Jag , boyfriends , girlfriends had a good reason to be part of the storyline . :)

I also prefer the deep character development they have done in Jag and they made Mac and Harm not perfect either with their qualities and not so qualities ...explore the characters and their life with deep thoughts and I really like that .

I thought the same of Stargate until season 6 .I really loved the stories with Sam and her dad ...It was real charcter development ..They never really did much for Jack though ..Ok I know he was a secret guy but still ..Sometimes , they even went overbored with the Daniel character development and I hated the lack of continuity with the Sara/Osiris character ..There were no explanations as why he didn't follow the relationship when she was better :rolleyes:

As for Sam and Jack well we obvioulsy know that The resolution is yet to be seen . ;) I hope it will happen but I don't expect to see somehting deep at all . It would then be inconsistent unless RDA goes back full time next year :D

I'm sad to think that of Stargate but really pathetic comments like "I know" and " Not exactly " are not my cup of tea at all ...therefore I'm as fed up as RDA and right now , he and I decided to go to China and walk around the wall just to relax a little and think of the future :)

Caty :)

sugarshaker
September 26th, 2005, 03:19 PM

your pick?

I haven't been able to read all the replies to this, but I was thinking of something like this a couple of weeks ago. I read somewhere that TP's considered the end of season 6 (Full Circle) to be an appropriate wrap-up for the series as they didn't know at the time if there would be a season 7. Now Full Circle had a little shippiness ("friends, going to a wedding") but nowhere near enough to be any kind of resolution - no way no how.

Given what we went though with Pete in seasons 7 and 8, and given the amount of resolution we got in Threads, if you could do it all over again, would you:

a) keep Pete, keep seasons 7 & 8 as is, watch Chimera, Affinity, etc. all over again, have Pete as a "presence" during shippy moments in Death Knell, Lost City, etc. and end it with the degree of resolution we got in Threads, or

b) never have Pete at all, never go through all that upset, but also have the degree of resolution we got in Full Circle, i.e. none?

I have to admit, I'm not sure how I would vote. I found the whole Pete thing to be very upsetting, not just because of the wrench it threw into the ship, but because it adversely affected my feelings about Sam and came close to preventing me from enjoying my seasons 1-6 DVD's. (Fortunately, THAT didn't happen, but for a while it was close). On the other hand, I would have been extremely disappointed to have had a Full Circle-type resolution (non-resolution). So, for me this is a difficult choice. What do you guys think?

parsifal
September 26th, 2005, 03:40 PM
I haven't been able to read all the replies to this, but I was thinking of something like this a couple of weeks ago. I read somewhere that TP's considered the end of season 6 (Full Circle) to be an appropriate wrap-up for the series as they didn't know at the time if there would be a season 7. Now Full Circle had a little shippiness ("friends, going to a wedding") but nowhere near enough to be any kind of resolution - no way no how.

Given what we went though with Pete in seasons 7 and 8, and given the amount of resolution we got in Threads, if you could do it all over again, would you:

a) keep Pete, keep seasons 7 & 8 as is, watch Chimera, Affinity, etc. all over again, have Pete as a "presence" during shippy moments in Death Knell, Lost City, etc. and end it with the degree of resolution we got in Threads, or

b) never have Pete at all, never go through all that upset, but also have the degree of resolution we got in Full Circle, i.e. none?

I have to admit, I'm not sure how I would vote. I found the whole Pete thing to be very upsetting, not just because of the wrench it threw into the ship, but because it adversely affected my feelings about Sam and came close to preventing me from enjoying my seasons 1-6 DVD's. (Fortunately, THAT didn't happen, but for a while it was close). On the other hand, I would have been extremely disappointed to have had a Full Circle-type resolution (non-resolution). So, for me this is a difficult choice. What do you guys think?

Good question. I choose b because the taint of S7-8 was not fully redeemed by Threads.

Rogue
September 26th, 2005, 03:45 PM

How about C: Never had Pete, but still had the degree of resolution from Threads.

sg-1fanintn
September 26th, 2005, 03:47 PM
this one's all about moebius so if ya don't wanna know the score, look away now.

the close enough comment in moebius was just a nod to the simpsons and so should not be read into that closely. the thing is that, the only difference in the timeline was the fish. it follows on from the other simpsons reference from the same episode. carter says she can't help thinking seh'd step on a ug and change the future. homer sat on a fish, and changed the future. the difference was only slight, and unimportant. we need to stop reading into these throwaway comments so much. moebius was not by any means a way to screw over the shippers. in fact it was a way of showing us how comfortable sam and jack, (and daniel and teal'c) are with one another following threads. they still went fishing. if they wanted to change the timeline they would never have had sam go with him. they kept in the we should have done this before line.
Well, gee! If you don't watch The Simpsons, there would be no way to recognize that reference! We don't watch it, but (hangs head shyly, shuffles feet) I'll sure be watching next March when RDA makes his cameo! Read her post above, Ship Family! It makes that "Close enough" line a little less threatening!

and now a line about EDM season 9

and then they gave us "not exactly" just to make sure.
they are together dammit!

Of course, they are!

For RDA or any parent who feels time is going too fast

Slipping through my fingers all the time,
I try to capture every minute
The feeling in it
Slipping through my fingers all the time
Do I really see what's in her mind
Each time I think I'm close to knowing
She keeps on growing
Slipping through my fingers all the time.

From "Slipping Through My Fingers" by one of the ABBA guys.

Or, as Harry Chapin put it:

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon,
Little boy blue and the man in the moon,
When ya comin' home, Dad?
I don't know when, but we'll get together then,
We're gonna have a good time then.

For those who don't know, Chapin was a great singer/songwriter who died in a car crash in 1980 or 81......

sugarshaker
September 26th, 2005, 03:49 PM
How about C: Never had Pete, but still had the degree of resolution from Threads.

NOW you're talking! ;) But if you could only choose between a and b, which would it be?

ses110
September 26th, 2005, 04:01 PM
nickatell I always said the Regs were a nice excuse for TPTB not getting Sam and Jack together.JM comments just hammered that point Home.TPTB have always picked which Regs they wanted to follow.TPTB did not put Sam and Jack togehter because TPTB have always been scared of the Non Shippers.Regarding Jonas IMO we have not heard the real story about Jonas not returning.It reminds me about Jessica Steen not being kept as Weir.There's more out there we will probably never find out about.

ses110
September 26th, 2005, 04:21 PM
nickatell the break between Seasons was a Nightmare and now it does not bother me at all.I tried to give Season 9 a chance and I just cannot watch every episode.I'am going to pick and chose which episodes to watch like TPTB pick and chose which Regs to follow.Lost is my new Number 1 Show.Every episode of Lost is Big and as soon as the episode is over I cannot wait for the new episode.In terms of the Ship on Lost I will never have to hear the would Regs used and I doubt I will have to wait 9 plus Years for a real Kiss between my Favorite Ship characters.

sg-1fanintn
September 26th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Just got through watching Learning Curve. It has never been one of my favorite episodes, but rewatching it this afternoon, I realized how much it makes you miss Jack O'Neill! It also shows why Sam slowly grew to love Jack. If you'll remember, the children in this ep gave their brainpower for the good of their people. One of the children stayed on Earth for a few days to explain some technology to Sam, and the team became attached to her. Jack tried to show her what life as a child meant on this planet.....but the child ultimately chose to go home and do her duty to her people. Before she left, though, Jack gave her a gift.....a box of crayons. These pictures tell the rest of the story better than I could.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/LC1.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/LC2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/LC3.jpg

Sigh.....

I want Jack back!

Sum1
September 26th, 2005, 04:31 PM
nickatell I always said the Regs were a nice excuse for TPTB not getting Sam and Jack together.JM comments just hammered that point Home.TPTB have always picked which Regs they wanted to follow.TPTB did not put Sam and Jack togehter because TPTB have always been scared of the Non Shippers.Regarding Jonas IMO we have not heard the real story about Jonas not returning.It reminds me about Jessica Steen not being kept as Weir.There's more out there we will probably never find out about.
Sure we'll find out....in twenty years when they do one of those "behind the scenes" specials like they do for shows like The Brady Brunch and Three's Company.

stargate barbie
September 26th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Well, gee! If you don't watch The Simpsons, there would be no way to recognize that reference! We don't watch it, but (hangs head shyly, shuffles feet) I'll sure be watching next March when RDA makes his cameo! Read her post above, Ship Family! It makes that "Close enough" line a little less threatening!

-

hey, thats what i'm here for. actually i didn't even cop the simpsons ref. nor did any of my sg buds who also love them simpsons, until it was pointed out by someone here. then it was so obvious. i guess i was too distracted by my happy shippy feelings when i watched it before. for the record, in the simpsons the difference in the universe i believe was that they had lizard tongues.

Miz_Gatez
September 26th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Hmm...I skimmed that "Eureka" article, and I found this to be very interesting...

"While transporting a teenage runaway, Federal Marshall Jack Carter..." and blah blah, blah blah blah blah.

"..Jack Carter..."

Hmm.

I know it's probably zip, but doesn't it sound like they're being tree-huggers and recycling names? ;) :rolleyes:

Ugh, I've gotta ignore the forums for the most part for a while (dang integers, don't you just LOVE homework? :rolleyes:) but I have to agree with most of what's been said. Sam & Jack, sittin' in a tree..

Just got through watching Learning Curve. It has never been one of my favorite episodes, but rewatching it this afternoon, I realized how much it makes you miss Jack O'Neill!

I know! I watched it too. :( It's episodes like that that make you hopeful that they just can't keep Jack off SG-1/SGC too long. Then, like, two minutes later I feel all bumbed again 'cos it doesn't look good for Jack..let alone Sam & Jack :( :(

Rogue
September 26th, 2005, 05:08 PM
NOW you're talking! ;) But if you could only choose between a and b, which would it be?

I hated Pete and what he did to Sam and Jack. But Full Circle to me wouldn't have been the way I wanted it to end. So I vote for A. :eek:

Miz_Gatez
September 26th, 2005, 05:12 PM
:eek: :D Agasp! YAY! :D They're showing Solitudes tonight! Apart from Window of Opportunity, tis one of my favorite eps! *waits impatiently for bro to get off the tv so she can program Tivo*

Oooh...There But For The Grace of God isn't half-bad either...and Upgrades is definitely exceptional. I prefered the one where Sam & Jack have to go through that Za'tarc thing when it comes to Anise/Freya though...I swear I was cracking up when Jack told Anise off :D

*sniff* Wonder when they're gonna show Window of Opportunity again, though...I only got the last half of it when they had that marathon Frigday night...totally sucked...half the good stuff is in the first half :mad: .

GAH! Head. Into. Books. Out. Of. Computer. Must. Do. Homework.

(But why waste valuable shipping time on homework? Isn't that what lunch and SSR is for? :confused: *cackles*)

GAH. Head. Out. Of. Computer. Screen. (I swear integers are so BORINGG....it makes me want to scream :mad: )

stargate barbie
September 26th, 2005, 05:46 PM
I hated Pete and what he did to Sam and Jack. But Full Circle to me wouldn't have been the way I wanted it to end. So I vote for A. :eek:
if i could, i would obviously choose option C. but of the two offered, i would choose to keep pete, and get threads. and yes i am vomiting as i type this. but at least with threads, we know she's with jack, she loves jack, and the fact that she could have had pete (as far as she could see, the safe option) but still couldn't get over jack, and chose to make the move towards accepting that she never would regardless of anything else, and THEN went FISHING! with him, and he showed her how much he loved her, all in the same episode, that just made it ok for me. pete got dumped, even if it was a bit late for my tastes, however if he had gotten the boot in chimera, sam would still be uncertain. now she knows that they're way more than just friends, and that she'll never get him "out of her system".
any way, i'm keeping threads, just choosing to never watch the pete eps, ever again with the exception of new order, although i'll probably skip his scene. i did love full circle as an episode, just not as the shipisode. that, for me, was threads and moebius.

sugarshaker
September 26th, 2005, 05:49 PM
i did love full circle as an episode, just not as the shipisode. that, for me, was threads and moebius.

Shipisode. I like that! :)

SG1Happy
September 26th, 2005, 05:54 PM

your pick?

Well, shippers, I don't visit often, but I was lurking tonight. Rarely, watch the new episodes. Blech...

I vote Lost City for overall shippiness. I wish that the series had ended with a complete LC (no cliffhanger). Moebius left me feeling that *our* team might not exist. Threads wasn't nearly enough.

Lost City should have been the natural resolution we desired. How could Sam have ever gone back to Pete when she had realized how much Jack meant?

More of my two cents, since I don't drop in often. I've recently decided a Casablanca type ending would have worked for J/S. After a wonderful 'fishing' trip or a trip to Paris, J/S would have realized that their lives/loves weren't a hill o' beans in the grand scheme of things. I could have lived with the nobility of that because feelings would have been expressed, acted on and examined. (Cried buckets, mind you, but felt great.)

I want them together. In my mind, heart and imagination, they are. TPTB, be damned. :D

trupi
September 26th, 2005, 06:12 PM
What happen to Stargate Monday! I just got home and it's not on! OMG-I need to get my DVD going before I go into shock!

Miz_Gatez
September 26th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Lost City should have been the natural resolution we desired. How could Sam have ever gone back to Pete when she had realized how much Jack meant?

:eek: You are so right! :p

I want them together. In my mind, heart and imagination, they are. TPTB, be damned. :D

You read my mind. "TPTB be damned"..exactly what I feel :p :) :D :rolleyes:

cafine_us
September 26th, 2005, 06:14 PM
I'd vote for A, with Pete and Threads. As much as he was a bozo, he did help Sam realize that she really couldn't be happy with anyone else. Full Circle has absolutely no shippy resolution, and although Threads may not have been much, I was very happy with it. At least there was some form of resolution. We all know the shippy significance of that cabin with the lake and fish thisbig!

Miz_Gatez
September 26th, 2005, 06:18 PM
What happen to Stargate Monday! I just got home and it's not on! OMG-I need to get my DVD going before I go into shock!

Deep breaths trupi. In. Hold. Out.

I reacted the very same way ("WHAT? First they take away the new epis, leaving me hangin', and now they take away my Stargate Monday? HEADS ARE GONNA ROLL IF I DON'T FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON!!!")

(But seriously, what happened to the rest of the season? I realize it's a pretty crappy season but...hello? :confused: )

I think the Stargate Monday marathon starts at seven, try looking here (http://www.gateworld.net/schedule_monday.shtml) :p Tis the full sched. for Monday's SG-1.

cafine_us
September 26th, 2005, 06:22 PM

I reacted the very same way ("WHAT? First they take away the new epis, leaving me hangin', and now they take away my Stargate Monday? HEADS ARE GONNA ROLL IF I DON'T FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON!!!")

(But seriously, what happened to the rest of the season? I realize it's a pretty crappy season but...hello? :confused: )

I think the Stargate Monday marathon starts at seven, try looking here (http://www.gateworld.net/schedule_monday.shtml) :p Tis the full sched. for Monday's SG-1.
Yeah, Stargate Mondays starts at 7 after Stargate weekdays at 6. It wasn't shown this week, though. The Dead Zone was on instead. Apparently Stargate Monday will be back next week.

ses110
September 26th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Twenty years will also be when Sam and Jack finally get together.My pick of episode is Lost City.Lost City is one of my Favorites.IMO the last great SG-1 episode.How Sam went back to Pete after what happened in Lost City I'll never understand.Jack must have been wondering the same thing.

trupi
September 26th, 2005, 06:29 PM

Thank you! But I need my fix~~~I can't stand it~~~~been too long without a decent Stargate episode~~~~~need to watch DVD's :D :D :D :D :D (almost like a sugar fix at work--where are the cookies and chocolate)

ShimmeringStar
September 26th, 2005, 06:30 PM
If you're here in the U.S. we won't get the other 10 eps of the 2nd half of S9 until the end of January, wrapping S9 up toward the end of March 2006. (The UK will be starting S9 very soon & after a holiday break in December will get the 2nd 10 shows a few weeks earlier than we do...) SciFi has been doing this for years apparently... Not a good thing for fandom in many of our opinions... :(

Miz_Gatez
September 26th, 2005, 06:34 PM
If you're here in the U.S. we won't get the other 10 eps of the 2nd half of S9 until the end of January, wrapping S9 up toward the end of March 2006. (The UK will be starting S9 very soon & after a holiday break in December will get the 2nd 10 shows a few weeks earlier than we do...) SciFi has been doing this for years apparently... Not a good thing for fandom in many of our opinions... :(

Oh thank you :p *huggles* You saved me from weeks of treachrous "NOOOOOO! Where's my Stargate?!?!?!?" s. Well, I'll still be devastated (I'm beginning to thrive on SG-1 like I do on clean air) but at least I'll know..

Hmm...out of curiousity, anyone know the nitwit that came up with that brainless plan?

I'm with you, trupi. I feel like a fish out of water. I need air! (I need Stargate, I need Stargate, I need STARGATE!!!!)

cafine_us
September 26th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Can't say I personally know the nitwit, but Skiffy breaks it up in order to avoid competition with the major network premieres.

sg-1fanintn
September 26th, 2005, 06:41 PM
It's back!

The fave episodes tournament......so, here's your first reminder.

Round 56 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Cure was eliminated in Round 55.

You can make a difference! Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17943&page=1&pp=20

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

The one thing I haven't found yet--a list of how many votes each ep got in the previous round. I don't think the person who took over the tourney is doing one.....so, all the more important that we vote each time to keep the shippy episodes from being eliminated!

Thanks!

Buc252
September 26th, 2005, 06:45 PM
I wasn't happy with Moebius either, but not because I was afraid they'd mess with the established timeline - I think they're a bit smarter than that! (A bit...) My main two problems with it were, one, that it was RDA's last episode as a regular, essentially the last episode, probably ever, with the original SG1 (yeah, I know Jack wasn't actually still a member of the team, but that's just a technicality ;) ) but it was not, in fact, about the original SG1 at all. The episode should have been a celebration of our team, and of their adventures over the last eight years. IMHO, it was the complete opposite.

These were the same reasons I didn't like Mobeius - besides the fact that time travel stories give me a headache! The last episode with Jack, and it's not even really him! That just stinks.

I was a major Tom/B'Elanna shipper, so I hung in with Voyager until the end. Even that ship was shoved to the back burner when it turned into "the 7 of 9 show". I could have really gotten into Janeway and Chakotay, but they stopped writing ship for them so early on that I didn't catch onto it like Tom and B'Elanna. Oh, and for the record, I thought it was really lousy that the series ended without #1) seeing their baby, and #2) getting to see Tom's reunion with his father. Both very important things. :-(

STARGATE7777
September 26th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Just be glad that you don't live in Canada. The show is filmed here yet we are the last to get new episodes, this year in mid-November. Not that I care this year. Is anyone else concerned over the new character name in "Eureka." I mean...Jack Carter??? Is this a bad sign over the future of Stargate or maybe a play on words as in "all SCI -FI shows with an X in the title have been shown to be successful."

SG1Poz
September 26th, 2005, 06:54 PM

Lost City was the best Season finale IMO but Threads and Moebius gave us so much more on the ship front...Sam dumped Pete because she was in love with Jack and there was no vagueness about it or anything, she loved Jack and that was that... We got the lovely observation room scene in Threads and then in Moebius we got THE KISS!!! IMO The best Sam/Jack kiss!!

And I know that we did have to suffer with 'the spud' before we got to that but out of the 1 1/2 seasons Sam and Pete were togetehr there were only ever 2 eps where it was actually acknowleged.....Sam didn't even wear her engagement ring until Threads when she broke up with him!!. IMO two eps of Pete was worth what we got in Threads/Moebius

I totally disagree that we got the "kiss'' is Moebius. That was a comedic kiss to me. That was nothing compared to the halllucinated Grace 'Kiss." Now that was a kiss!! I'm still awaiting the kiss of all kisses, the RL kiss to end all kiss debate.

Your right. I think TPTB screwed up by airing it as the season finale and RDA last ep. If they had aired it in the middle of the season, it would have been better received.

I totally agree. It's like if they had "The Other Guys" as a finale. Very wrong order of shows.

Or, as Harry Chapin put it:

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon,
Little boy blue and the man in the moon,
When ya comin' home, Dad?
I don't know when, but we'll get together then,
We're gonna have a good time then.

For those who don't know, Chapin was a great singer/songwriter who died in a car crash in 1980 or 81......

I was singing the above out loud while reading it. Showing my age :(

nickatell the break between Seasons was a Nightmare and now it does not bother me at all.I tried to give Season 9 a chance and I just cannot watch every episode.I'am going to pick and chose which episodes to watch like TPTB pick and chose which Regs to follow.Lost is my new Number 1 Show.Every episode of Lost is Big and as soon as the episode is over I cannot wait for the new episode.In terms of the Ship on Lost I will never have to hear the would Regs used and I doubt I will have to wait 9 plus Years for a real Kiss between my Favorite Ship characters.

I love Lost too but I'm becoming very interested in this new series "Surface."

It really has me on the edge of my seat so far. The same feeling I had when I first saw "Jaws." It's on Monday evenings at 8pm here on the east coast, USA. I know it conflicts with our reruns but I have three TV's and recorders.Just wanted to give this show a plug too:)

Poz

trupi
September 26th, 2005, 06:56 PM
Just be glad that you don't live in Canada. The show is filmed here yet we are the last to get new episodes, this year in mid-November. Not that I care this year. Is anyone else concerned over the new character name in "Eureka." I mean...Jack Carter??? Is this a bad sign over the future of Stargate or maybe a play on words as in "all SCI -FI shows with an X in the title have been shown to be successful."
It's a lame way to get viewers for the show but a trick which usually works.

SG1Happy
September 26th, 2005, 06:57 PM
And I know that we did have to suffer with 'the spud' before we got to that but out of the 1 1/2 seasons Sam and Pete were togetehr there were only ever 2 eps where it was actually acknowleged.....Sam didn't even wear her engagement ring until Threads when she broke up with him!!. IMO two eps of Pete was worth what we got in Threads/Moebius :D

Ahhh, but it wasn't *our* Sam and Jack that did the smooching. It makes a BIG difference to me.

trupi
September 26th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Ahhh, but it wasn't *our* Sam and Jack that did the smooching. It makes a BIG difference to me.
Amen to that, they killed our Sam and Jack off!

nell
September 26th, 2005, 07:03 PM
A SHIPPY OPENER FINALE!!! 10 of 10

Dear Shipper Friends, Back by popular demand (OK, I wanted to post it---hee, hee!!), the one and only Stargate episode that gives the Shippers what we have all been wishing for............THE SHIP IS IN!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/1x0120-200242.jpg

Sergeant Walter Harriman: Unscheduled off-world activation. It....it's the Tok'ra.
IT'S DAD!!! ** Uh, oh**
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/3x0220-200018.jpg
Jacob: Hi kiddos! Just a quick visit to see my little girl.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Fifth41.jpg
Daniel: Ahhh....Jacob. Hi.

Jacob: Daniel, where's Sam?

Daniel: She...she's not here.

Jacob: I can see that! Mission?

Daniel: Um....don't know.

Jacob: All right, where's O'Neill? He can fill me in.

Daniel: Um, you see, Jacob. About that...Jack's retired. He's.... not.... here.

Jacob: WHAT???? You're telling me that you don't know where Sam is AND Jack's retired?

Later at Jack's House........
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/8x1820-200073.jpg
KNOCK**KNOCK**KNOCK**BANG**BANG**BANG**KNOCK**KNOCK**KNOCK

Jacob: O'Neill. Open. This. Door. Mister! Where's my daughter? Sam, it's Dad!!!

Selmak: Jacob, do not act the fool. I have been telling you for years that Jack and Sam are soul mates. They have finally found their way into each other's hearts.

Jacob: Selmak, shut up! This is my daughter we're talking about.

Selmak: Sam is an intelligent and passionate woman. O'Neill is worthy of her. Remember, my friend, I can read your thoughts. You know this is true.

Jacob: Ahhh, I know it. I...but....well, I have a reputation to uphold. I can't very well let Jack know that I approve that easily. I want him to have a very healthy dose of fear that I will injure him severely if he hurts my little girl!

Selmak: Sam's not a girl and Jack could break you in two. Friend, you, how do you Tauri say it, blow alot of hot air!

Jacob: Yeah, you're right! Hey, Selmak, looks like nobody's home but I found Jack's spare house key. How's about we go inside and share an ice cold beer?

Meanwhile, far, far away...........
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/875855.jpg

Our couple is out of our view.....
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/59091163.jpg

Sam: So.
Jack: So.
Sam: I can't believe we did it. We're alone and nobody knows where we are!
Jack: Even Daniel can't interrupt us. Nice!
Sam: Jack, I love you.
Jack: Sam, I never gave up on us. I'm not good with words but I'm good with you.
Sam: Mmmmmmmmmm......
Jack: Mrs. O'Neill?
Sam: Yes, Mr. O'Neill?
Jack: I love you, too. C'mere. I've got something for you.....

A BIG HONKIN' KISS!!!!!!!http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/7x13_84.jpg

The End

**Thanks to fill-in-the-blank for the caps**

stargate barbie
September 26th, 2005, 07:05 PM
to me it just solidified the fact that regardless of timelines or realities, they are meant to be, and they will be together. regardless of the type of people they are or what status they hold, or how life has shaped them, they will find each other and they will be together. it just proves to me that they are soul mates, and that our sam and jack are doing all that stuff and more. and for me, they are all my sam and jack. i do want continuing mentions that they are together in "this" reality/timeline, just to keep the ship alive. but i guess that following threads, moebius and EDM, i can survive on creative fan fic. i'd like to get more, but if i don't i don't think i'll be too devastated.
i'll shut up now.

sg-1fanintn
September 26th, 2005, 07:05 PM
I totally disagree that we got the "kiss'' is Moebius. That was a comedic kiss to me. That was nothing compared to the halllucinated Grace 'Kiss." Now that was a kiss!! I'm still awaiting the kiss of all kisses, the RL kiss to end all kiss debate.
Yep.....the kiss in Moebius was a cop-out. It was AU, so it wasn't OUR Sam and Jack. That means we got nothing. All I want is one real-live, our reality, non-alien-influenced, non-dream sequence, real live kiss between Sam & Jack!!!! Is that so much to ask?????? (* stops, realizes she's over the top, shrugs, looks embarassed, flips hair and defiantly walks off *)

That kiss did one thing---it again proved my theory that no matter what the situation, no matter what reality, no matter WHAT----these two people, these two souls----Sam & Jack----are always and forever drawn together!

SG1Poz
September 26th, 2005, 07:06 PM
I Love It!! Bravo Nell!

Happy Poz :)

Dear Shipper Friends, Back by popular demand (OK, I wanted to post it---hee, hee!!), the one and only Stargate episode that gives the Shippers what we have all been wishing for............THE SHIP IS IN!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/1x0120-200242.jpg

Sergeant Walter Harriman: Unscheduled off-world activation. It....it's the Tok'ra.
IT'S DAD!!! ** Uh, oh**
Jacob: Hi kiddos! Just a quick visit to see my little girl.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Fifth41.jpg
Daniel: Ahhh....Jacob. Hi.

Jacob: Daniel, where's Sam?

Daniel: She...she's not here.

Jacob: I can see that! Mission?

Daniel: Um....don't know.

Jacob: All right, where's O'Neill? He can fill me in.

Daniel: Um, you see, Jacob. About that...Jack's retired. He's.... not.... here.

Jacob: WHAT???? You're telling me that you don't know where Sam is AND Jack's retired?

Later at Jack's House........
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/8x1820-200073.jpg
KNOCK**KNOCK**KNOCK**BANG**BANG**BANG**KNOCK**KNOCK**KNOCK

Jacob: O'Neill. Open. This. Door. Mister! Where's my daughter? Sam, it's Dad!!!

Selmak: Jacob, do not act the fool. I have been telling you for years that Jack and Sam are soul mates. They have finally found their way into each other's hearts.

Jacob: Selmak, shut up! This is my daughter we're talking about.

Selmak: Sam is an intelligent and passionate woman. O'Neill is worthy of her. Remember, my friend, I can read your thoughts. You know this is true.

Jacob: Ahhh, I know it. I...but....well, I have a reputation to uphold. I can't very well let Jack know that I approve that easily. I want him to have a very healthy dose of fear that I will injure him severely if he hurts my little girl!

Selmak: Sam's not a girl and Jack could break you in two. Friend, you, how do you Tauri say it, blow alot of hot air!

Jacob: Yeah, you're right! Hey, Selmak, looks like nobody's home but I found Jack's spare house key. How's about we go inside and share an ice cold beer?

Meanwhile, far, far away...........
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/875855.jpg

Our couple is out of our view.....
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/59091163.jpg

Sam: So.
Jack: So.
Sam: I can't believe we did it. We're alone and nobody knows where we are!
Jack: Even Daniel can't interrupt us. Nice!
Sam: Jack, I love you.
Jack: Sam, I never gave up on us. I'm not good with words but I'm good with you.
Sam: Mmmmmmmmmm......
Jack: Mrs. O'Neill?
Sam: Yes, Mr. O'Neill?
Jack: I love you, too. C'mere. I've got something for you.....

A BIG HONKIN' KISS!!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/7x13_84.jpg

The End

**Thanks to fill-in-the-blank for the caps**

SG1Happy
September 26th, 2005, 07:08 PM

I thought at the time that Full Circle would have been a TERRIBLE ending to the series. No ship to speak of, no happy ever after for Skaa'ra.

I loved many of the shippy moments in season 7, but HATED Pete.

Can we just rewind the tape and do it all over again? Only with more ship and less Pete?

Daniel's_twin
September 26th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Yep.....the kiss in Moebius was a cop-out. It was AU, so it wasn't OUR Sam and Jack. That means we got nothing. All I want is one real-live, our reality, non-alien-influenced, non-dream sequence, real live kiss between Sam & Jack!!!! Is that so much to ask?????? (* stops, realizes she's over the top, shrugs, looks embarassed, flips hair and defiantly walks off *)

That kiss did one thing---it again proveds my theory that no matter what the situation, no matter what reality, no matter WHAT----these two people, these two souls----Sam & Jack----are always and forever drawn together!

I personally hope that TPTB figured that it would only give that feeling and not a sense of completion to the ship. :cool:

sg-1fanintn
September 26th, 2005, 07:16 PM
I personally hope that TPTB figured that it would only give that feeling and not a sense of completion to the ship. :cool:
Oh, I think they know what to do. They're just too scared of the anti-shippers to do it. It's sad.

ST-1
September 26th, 2005, 07:16 PM

((((((((((((((((nell)))))))))))))))))))
I love it! You so totally rock! :D

SG1Happy
September 26th, 2005, 07:22 PM
to me it just solidified the fact that regardless of timelines or realities, they are meant to be, and they will be together. regardless of the type of people they are or what status they hold, or how life has shaped them, they will find each other and they will be together. it just proves to me that they are soul mates, and that our sam and jack are doing all that stuff and more. and for me, they are all my sam and jack. i do want continuing mentions that they are together in "this" reality/timeline, just to keep the ship alive. but i guess that following threads, moebius and EDM, i can survive on creative fan fic. i'd like to get more, but if i don't i don't think i'll be too devastated.
i'll shut up now.

I rather agree with you. Sam and Jack belong together in whatever reality or alt universe you want to put them in.

BUT, it isn't resolution for me. I wanted a wonderful kiss and declaration of love for our characters.

Fanfic is the only way to go...

Daniel's_twin
September 26th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Oh, I think they know what to do. They're just too scared of the anti-shippers to do it. It's sad.

It is sad, but I have to say; Oh, for cryin' out loud!! :cool:

Miz_Gatez
September 26th, 2005, 07:38 PM
That kiss did one thing---it again proveds my theory that no matter what the situation, no matter what reality, no matter WHAT----these two people, these two souls----Sam & Jack----are always and forever drawn together!

I dunno, I always thought Jack did that just 'cos he felt sorry for her, you know? I mean, his Carter was standing right behind him (with the same look she had when he treated her like crud on Edora--once again I had the urge to throttle him for being a complete dumbass) and while he couldn't exactly kiss his Carter, wouldn't you rather kiss your reality's true love? (if that even makes sense?)

And nell, that fic is totally sweet :cool:

Agasp! I'll never finish my algebra homework now! :eek: :S :rolleyes: Oh well, tis what SSR & lunch are for.

Miz_Gatez
September 26th, 2005, 07:41 PM
It is sad, but I have to say; Oh, for cryin' out loud!! :cool:
Yeah, tis very sad >.< I mean, you can't please everyone at once!

...So you might as well do what Miz_Gatez tells you to do xD (j/k everyone ;) )

majorsal
September 26th, 2005, 07:48 PM
[...] So for now I listen for any highlights from you guys because I can't totally let go. To me Jack and Sam are at least on the same plateau about their feelings and have no intention of letting anyone else in; but until I see as others have said them relaxed together and in a full relationship with a big honkin kiss, it's just not the same. So Majorsal, you should take peace in the fact that you are not alone.

i can't green you (i just did for your prior post), but i wanted to say thanks. i know the ptb are counting on us not being able to let go... but i can't help fanning the embers of this love affair i've had with stargate for years (even if it's not good for me anymore).

majorsal
September 26th, 2005, 07:57 PM
spoilers for s8's threads and mobius

after moebius aired, and we were afraid the 'changes' might have been the wonderfulness of threads... i asked joe outright if the events of threads still stood, and he said YES.

so, shippers, sam still broke up with pete. jack still said always. sam and jack still went fishing. and with the first two still taking place, the fishing means *more* than just two friends hanging out together.

Miz_Gatez
September 26th, 2005, 08:01 PM
While I haven't been a long-term fan (the longest I could've even known about Stargate is 1 1/2 to 2 yrs tops) I have to really agree with you majorsal. It's like TBTP used one of those mark-burners and branded me as though to say, "This fan belongs to Stargate SG-1" like you would cattle or a horse.

Evil. :mad: :S :)

stargate barbie
September 26th, 2005, 08:03 PM
spoilers for s8's threads and mobius

after moebius aired, and we were afraid the 'changes' might have been the wonderfulness of threads... i asked joe outright if the events of threads still stood, and he said YES.

so, shippers, sam still broke up with pete. jack still said always. sam and jack still went fishing. and with the first two still taking place, the fishing means *more* than just two friends hanging out together.

i can't green ya right now, so let me just say;

:D :D :D :D :D
:D "fishing" :D
:D :D :D :D :D
read the sig.

i could make a joke about tackle, but this is not that kind of forum.

ST-1
September 26th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Hey guys! I just cranked out another fanfic (yup, I've been busy lately...which effectively translates into, "I have no life!" :P ). It's goofy and irreverent, much like my "Truth or Dare" fic, but still shippy! Here 'ya go:

Monkey Business (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/41/monkeybusiness.html)

And YES, the title means something! :P ;)
Enjoy. :)

majorsal
September 26th, 2005, 08:09 PM
YYYAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!! if that was sarcasm, let me know now, before i start my happy dance!

no, honey, it wasn't sarcasm. i never joke about ship! ;)

stargate barbie
September 26th, 2005, 08:13 PM
no, honey, it wasn't sarcasm. i never joke about ship! ;)

good, cos that happy dance has been in full swing for a while now. :D
being dr. sarcasmo myself, i feel the urge to check whenever someone says something good to me.

stargate barbie
September 26th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Hey guys! I just cranked out another fanfic (yup, I've been busy lately...which effectively translates into, "I have no life!" :P ). It's goofy and irreverent, much like my "Truth or Dare" fic, but still shippy! Here 'ya go:

Monkey Business (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/41/monkeybusiness.html)

And YES, the title means something! :P ;)
Enjoy. :)
yet again, brilliant. you are suspiciously good at this fanfic writing thing. great fic.

majorsal
September 26th, 2005, 08:40 PM
nickatell I always said the Regs were a nice excuse for TPTB not getting Sam and Jack together.JM comments just hammered that point Home.TPTB have always picked which Regs they wanted to follow.TPTB did not put Sam and Jack togehter because TPTB have always been scared of the Non Shippers.

oh, they're not scared of the non shippers, they're scared of *this* -

(spoilers for 'crossing jordan' tv show)

"everyone knows jordan and woody should be together," says exectutive producer tim kring. "but the second we hook them up, we're in trouble."

THIS is the mentality we're dealing with. and ALL shows are like this. there's so many ship couples tap dancing, they've got their own broadway show!

so truthfully, i think we'll get our resolution when it's all said and done, because that way, the ptb won't be worried that they'd screw it up. shall we tell them the irony of that?

Miz_Gatez
September 26th, 2005, 08:44 PM
:eek: :D OMG this fic is so totally sweet! :p kudos! I haven't finished it yet but tis getting goooood :D

LATER:

:eek: Would you believe there aren't any LOL emoticons/smilies? The ones that show the face crackin' up?

Bravo! Bravo! Magnifico! Stupenda! (And that's about it for the "great" words I know that sound foreign lol)

stargate barbie
September 26th, 2005, 08:46 PM

"everyone knows jordan and woody should be together," says exectutive producer tim kring. "but the second we hook them up, we're in trouble."

THIS is the mentality we're dealing with. and ALL shows are like this. there's so many ship couples tap dancing, they've got their own broadway show!

so truthfully, i think we'll get our resolution when it's all said and done, because that way, the ptb won't be worried that they'd screw it up. shall we tell them the irony of that?

and at this point i'd like to thank moonlighting for screwing up tv for everyone! :mad:

majorsal
September 26th, 2005, 08:57 PM
spoilers for s7's chimera and s8's affinity

my original set up was to end at season seven. that way, all we'd have to put up with was chimera (did i mention it was the ep of death and eternal suffering?) and NO marriage engagement.

i thought sam showed she was in love with jack in lost city... but i don't like the idea of not having some of the great ship we got in threads (and alternate in moebius).

how about this scenario?

in chimera, sam 'tells' everyone she's seeing someone. jack's jealous (like in the elevator), but... no one sees this guy, including the viewers. at the end of the ep, when sam shoots osiris (by herself)... sam visits daniel in the infirmary, telling him she's glad he's alright. he asks her about this guy she's been seeing, but once again, sam's cagey about it.

scene changes to sam coming home. she's smiling as she approaches her bedroom, calling out, 'honey, i'm home!'. she climbs onto the bed, reaching for a draw in her nightstand. we see her take something out, but not what that something is. then we 'hear' something running, while sam slowly brings the object into view. she smiles seductively, saying 'hello, petey, my boy,' as we see sam caressing her new vibrator.

there, my shipper friends, is sam's new boyfriend! ;)

sally :p

ST-1
September 26th, 2005, 08:59 PM
yet again, brilliant. you are suspiciously good at this fanfic writing thing. great fic.

"Suspiciously good," eh? I promise I'm not one of TPTB in disguise, if that's what you mean (and if so, wow! What a compliment! I think... :P )

Glad you likes. :D

ST-1
September 26th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Majorsal...All I can say is :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (And I don't mean Pete!) :D

Whooo...just realized that's 100 posts for me! Holy shnikeys...I DO need to get a life! :P

majorsal
September 26th, 2005, 09:05 PM

when does the UK get the fourth horseman part two? i'm hoping (why do i keep doing this?) that we'll get more 'something' to show us that sam and orlin were NOT sexually involved in ascension.

Miz_Gatez
September 26th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Ugh. My dad keeps insisting Sam was in love with Orlin. :rolleyes: I'm like, "Pfft. Fan amatuer. Any blind man can tell from the casual flirting, the looks, the slips of the tongue (ex: "If ONLY!") etc., that Sam & Jack were meant to be."

I think Gateworld's the only place where people take my obsession with Stargate seriously. :rolleyes: ;) No, scratch "seriously" and put in "maturely". Do I put in silly little jabs every time my dad gets wild up about the 49ers? I don't THINK so ;) (and I do mean every time. Pfft. And to be honest I don't mention it that often, considering that's all I really get besides blank looks and more chewing).

Oy...*slaps ranting self* BAD Miz!

Maybe I should soak my head in an invent horizion (please don't shut the 'Gate on me while my head's in there!) :p

Uber
September 26th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Majorsal...All I can say is :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: (And I don't mean Pete!) :D

Whooo...just realized that's 100 posts for me! Holy shnikeys...I DO need to get a life! :PLife? We don't need no stinkin' life.

We've got love....

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/affinitysamlaptop_sm.jpg

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/image2112.jpg

;)

minigeek
September 26th, 2005, 09:31 PM
LOL Uber - I love the photo on the wall! Woot! ;)

Uber
September 26th, 2005, 09:33 PM
LOL Uber - I love the photo on the wall! Woot! ;)It's Jack's favorite picture of an actress he saw once on the XFiles.

For some reason, he's strangely compelled by it.

minigeek
September 26th, 2005, 09:36 PM
ST-1, great fic hun! I tried to green ya but, you know how it goes. All out of moxy! Sorry about that. You're a very talented writer. :)

Miz_Gatez
September 26th, 2005, 10:17 PM
[CENTER]http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/affinitysamlaptop_sm.jpg

Uberness!! Hey, what episode was that from? I gotta rewatch some of the oldies lol :rolleyes: :D

Uber
September 26th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Uberness!! Hey, what episode was that from? I gotta rewatch some of the oldies lol :rolleyes: :DLOL!

Well that's the ring scene from Affinity...but don't be expecting any clip of Sam with a Jack O'Neill wallpaper on her laptop...

That's my old wall paper... and my game of free cell (which I think I won)...

and you forgot the umlaut!!!! ▄berness!!! ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄

LOL :D

nell
September 27th, 2005, 04:44 AM
MORNIN' SHIPPERS!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/1ec7f57b1.jpg
*thanks to fill-in-the-blank for cap*

Rogue
September 27th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Ugh. My dad keeps insisting Sam was in love with Orlin. :rolleyes: I'm like, "Pfft. Fan amatuer. Any blind man can tell from the casual flirting, the looks, the slips of the tongue (ex: "If ONLY!") etc., that Sam & Jack were meant to be."

I think Gateworld's the only place where people take my obsession with Stargate seriously. :rolleyes: ;) No, scratch "seriously" and put in "maturely". Do I put in silly little jabs every time my dad gets wild up about the 49ers? I don't THINK so ;) (and I do mean every time. Pfft. And to be honest I don't mention it that often, considering that's all I really get besides blank looks and more chewing).

Oy...*slaps ranting self* BAD Miz!

Maybe I should soak my head in an invent horizion (please don't shut the 'Gate on me while my head's in there!) :p

Maybe he is pulling your leg to get a reaction out of you. My husband does that all the time. He did that in Threads when Kerry popped out of the covers. He said "Way to go Jack". I knew he was yanking my chain.

Sam liked the attention that Orlin gave her and maybe cared for him, but in love - never.

sueKay
September 27th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Heya!

Fly by post...got a lecture in like fifteen minutes and had to print of some stuff.

After reading the crossing Jordan comment (can't remember who wrote it), something else came to mind...

Remember Lois and Clark, The New Adventures of Superman (and Teri Hatcher is a VERY lucky woman).

Well...they had really strong ratings until L and C hooked up, and then they began to steadily drop. It was the resolution of that ship that was said to be that show's downfall, and I think a lot of TV execs remember that fact.

In reality, it was the 'big reveal' that destroyed that show...viewers loved that Lois was oblivious to who superman actually was, but once that bit of intrigue was gone...viewers started to tune out.

And that's what's happening now with SG1...We know all about Teal'c's past, and Sam's past...We know a bit about Daniel's past...but Jack was a mystery...something special, and I think part of the show's appeal has always been about gradually learning more about this man, and the main conduit to us learning about Jack was Sam.

With Jack gone...that hidden extra dynamic is gone. We never learnt about the mystery.

I know I'm rambling, but does anyone follow this?

Now as for the caped crusader...I can only think of one rather humourous outcome for this...

Could you imagine it if Jack found out that Pete was Bachelorman???!!!

Now THAT would be funny :D

(apologies to those who don't know who bachelorman was)

Okay...I've waffled enough...bye :)

blueiris
September 27th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Heya!

Fly by post...got a lecture in like fifteen minutes and had to print of some stuff.

After reading the crossing Jordan comment (can't remember who wrote it), something else came to mind...

Remember Lois and Clark, The New Adventures of Superman (and Teri Hatcher is a VERY lucky woman).

Well...they had really strong ratings until L and C hooked up, and then they began to steadily drop. It was the resolution of that ship that was said to be that show's downfall, and I think a lot of TV execs remember that fact.

In reality, it was the 'big reveal' that destroyed that show...viewers loved that Lois was oblivious to who superman actually was, but once that bit of intrigue was gone...viewers started to tune out.

And that's what's happening now with SG1...We know all about Teal'c's past, and Sam's past...We know a bit about Daniel's past...but Jack was a mystery...something special, and I think part of the show's appeal has always been about gradually learning more about this man, and the main conduit to us learning about Jack was Sam.

With Jack gone...that hidden extra dynamic is gone. We never learnt about the mystery.

I know I'm rambling, but does anyone follow this?

Now as for the caped crusader...I can only think of one rather humourous outcome for this...

Could you imagine it if Jack found out that Pete was Bachelorman???!!!

Now THAT would be funny :D

(apologies to those who don't know who bachelorman was)

Okay...I've waffled enough...bye :)

I agree, it would have been nice to learn a little more about Jack O'Neill before he left. :( Quite frankly, I would still like to see them discover something about him now. Nothing bad, mind you. Just to have them marvel at his character, even in his absence.

Rogue
September 27th, 2005, 06:08 AM
This all this talk about which ending you prefer, I really don't prefer anything that they gave us.

Below is season 8 according to Rogue.

Season 8 begins with Jack still frozen, Sam blackmails Weir into letting her have the ship and her and Teal'c seek the Asgards help. Sam gets captured and 5th tortures her with a life with Pete. Why does he chose Pete, because he can see into her mind but not into her heart. Sam gets rescued by the team and Jack gets promoted to General and Sam gets promoted to team leader of SG-1.

Affinity - Pete does ask Sam to marry her. Jack visits Sam in the lab and she shows him the ring. After much thought Sam decides that she is with Pete for the wrong reasons and turns down his marriage proposal.

Threads - Threads happens just like it is written except Jack and Kerry are not in a relationship. She wants to be and can't understand what is holding Jack back because they get along great. Sam goes over to Jacks house to tell him how she feels because her Dad had been pushing her in that direction. She shows up at the house, sees Kerry and you know the rest. I think if they had a scene with Jacob and Sam having a RL father/daughter talk it would have been great. Sam telling him she tried to have a RL with another man but it didn't work out. Then Jacob telling her she was trying it with the wrong man. How he had watched over the years Sam and Jack get close and he approved of Jack.

Moebius - should have been place in the middle somewhere because it was a joke. Not season finale material.

pittsburghgirl
September 27th, 2005, 06:54 AM
This all this talk about which ending you prefer, I really don't prefer anything that they gave us.

Below is season 8 according to Rogue.

Season 8 begins with Jack still frozen, Sam blackmails Weir into letting her have the ship and her and Teal'c seek the Asgards help. Sam gets captured and 5th tortures her with a life with Pete. Why does he chose Pete, because he can see into her mind but not into her heart. Sam gets rescued by the team and Jack gets promoted to General and Sam gets promoted to team leader of SG-1.

Affinity - Pete does ask Sam to marry her. Jack visits Sam in the lab and she shows him the ring. After much thought Sam decides that she is with Pete for the wrong reasons and turns down his marriage proposal.

Threads - Threads happens just like it is written except Jack and Kerry are not in a relationship. She wants to be and can't understand what is holding Jack back because they get along great. Sam goes over to Jacks house to tell him how she feels because her Dad had been pushing her in that direction. She shows up at the house, sees Kerry and you know the rest.

Moebius - should have been place in the middle somewhere because it was a joke. Not season finale material.
clappity clappity!

i have to tell you with that scene with Jack and Sam in A&&inity- Sam was trying to get Jack to sing out. Maybe she thought that if he was presented with the fact that he could permanently lose her-he would say something-anything-he didn't. All she got was the snap of the ring case-which in some small way ought to have told her something-but not really what she wanted to hear and so...

Rogue
September 27th, 2005, 07:18 AM
clappity clappity!

i have to tell you with that scene with Jack and Sam in A&&inity- Sam was trying to get Jack to sing out. Maybe she thought that if he was presented with the fact that he could permanently lose her-he would say something-anything-he didn't. All she got was the snap of the ring case-which in some small way ought to have told her something-but not really what she wanted to hear and so...

Yeah I thought they carried Pete too far. I think he out lived his usefullness. The proposal should have got them thinking not the wedding.

minigeek
September 27th, 2005, 07:19 AM
clappity clappity!

I always felt that at least a part of the reason Sam said yes was to hurt Jack back, the way he hurt her in that scene. There's always been this cosmic tug of war between them, silences filled with all the things they can't say. She was hurt and angry with him. Without even realizing it on an overt level, I think it was made clear that there was a repressed part of her that really wanted to get him back. Sort of a: "Fine. You won't love me? Well I know a guy who will! So you can go to h*ll!" - I always saw Sam's acceptance of Pete's proposal as subconsciously petulant on her part. ;)

Rogue
September 27th, 2005, 07:31 AM
I always felt that at least a part of the reason Sam said yes was to hurt Jack back, the way he hurt her in that scene. There's always been this cosmic tug of war between them, silences filled with all the things they can't say. She was hurt and angry with him. Without even realizing it on an overt level, I think it was made clear that there was a repressed part of her that really wanted to get him back. Sort of a: "Fine. You won't love me? Well I know a guy who will! So you can go to h*ll!" - I always saw Sam's acceptance of Pete's proposal as subconsciously petulant on her part. ;)

Could be, the last time Sam tried to express her feelings all she got was a "I know".

blueiris
September 27th, 2005, 07:36 AM
The whole engagement and Jack's reaction to the ring, IMO, were completely out of character. I can't begin to find good reasoning in them.

Rogue
September 27th, 2005, 07:40 AM
The whole engagement and Jack's reaction to the ring, IMO, were completely out of character. I can't begin to find good reasoning in them.

Yeah, Sam character took a big hit on that one.

pittsburghgirl
September 27th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Yeah, Sam character took a big hit on that one.
Sam had been taking hits for two years-and I cannot believe that Jack would have let her go like that. I wish that scene in Threads between Jack and Jacob had been left in-it would have explained some stuff-but then-this is those guys we are expecting to be real.

minigeek
September 27th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Yeah, Sam character took a big hit on that one.You really think so? I don't know. She laid it on the table for Jack. He turned her down. I think it was definitely a powerful moment of conflict (dramatically speaking), but I don't necessarily see it as out of character for either of them. Not a happy moment, but not a degrading one. Sam's character isn't overtly adversarial, and she was really hoping Jack would say something to stop her. When he didn't - she "sucked it up" and tried to deal. That is what I think Sam would do. It isn't the happy outcome some might have wanted, but dramatically speaking, it's true to her character. Slide right back into "denial" mode. Where it's safe. And doesn't hurt.

parsifal
September 27th, 2005, 07:50 AM
She laid it on the table for Jack.

I don't know that Jack knew what the hell was going on. It was a weird scene.

minigeek
September 27th, 2005, 07:59 AM
I don't know that Jack knew what the hell was going on. It was a weird scene.Jack's not really that dense. He just pretends to be. He knew. ;) I never doubted that, as a viewer.

Rogue
September 27th, 2005, 08:15 AM
You really think so? I don't know. She laid it on the table for Jack. He turned her down. I think it was definitely a powerful moment of conflict (dramatically speaking), but I don't necessarily see it as out of character for either of them. Not a happy moment, but not a degrading one. Sam's character isn't overtly adversarial, and she was really hoping Jack would say something to stop her. When he didn't - she "sucked it up" and tried to deal. That is what I think Sam would do. It isn't the happy outcome some might have wanted, but dramatically speaking, it's true to her character. Slide right back into "denial" mode. Where it's safe. And doesn't hurt.

No, I meant the acceptence scene and engagement. Accepting the proposal and making out at a crime scene. Everyone knew she was going to dump Pete at the end, so it just made her look bad.

blueiris
Jack's not really that dense. He just pretends to be. He knew. ;) I never doubted that, as a viewer.
Which makes it all the more doubtful as a scene. To me, anyway.

parsifal
Jack's not really that dense. He just pretends to be. He knew. ;) I never doubted that, as a viewer.

Still, if she wanted him to tell her what to do, she could have made it easier for him.

blueiris
September 27th, 2005, 08:17 AM
Still, if she wanted him to tell her what to do, she could have made it easier for him.
I don't think she should depend on him to tell her what to do. She should marry Pete if she loved him enough. But she didn't. If was just all wrong on so many levels.

parsifal
September 27th, 2005, 08:21 AM
I don't think she should depend on him to tell her what to do. She should marry Pete if she loved him enough. But she didn't. If was just all wrong on so many levels.

Yeah, it's probably not a good sign when you decide to marry by default.

minigeek
September 27th, 2005, 08:26 AM
I don't think she should depend on him to tell her what to do. She should marry Pete if she loved him enough. But she didn't. If was just all wrong on so many levels.Yes, exactly. It was wrong. Sam made a mistake. A big one. Huge. Monumental. It was a poor decision made due to the fact that her judgement was clouded by hurt. That's a character flaw. It's pure conflict, and conflict engenders drama. That's how stories get interesting. Tension is the character catalyst we all love to hate. But it's what drives the whole shebang when it comes to storytelling. ;)

Rogue
September 27th, 2005, 08:27 AM

I believe he knew too. But why didn't he step up to the plate? Was he waiting on Sam to say something, was it the Regs? It wasn't that long ago she was trying to tell him her feelings and he said "I know".

parsifal
September 27th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Yes, exactly. It was wrong. Sam made a mistake. A big one. Huge. Monumental. It was a poor decision made due to the fact that her judgement was clouded by hurt. That's a character flaw. It's pure conflict, and conflict engenders drama. That's how stories get interesting. Tension is the character catalyst we all love to hate. But it's what drives the whole shebang when it comes to storytelling. ;)

While that's true, a lot of producers seem to think that it's impossible to have a good romance without involving 'others'.

blueiris
September 27th, 2005, 08:34 AM
I believe he knew too. But why didn't he step up to the plate? Was he waiting on Sam to say something, was it the Regs? It wasn't that long ago she was trying to tell him her feelings and he said "I know".
I honestly believe Jack never felt he was good enough for Sam. That and the regs are what I always thought kept Jack passive. However, once Sam let him know that his feelings were returned (which he professed in D&C), something should have happened between them. Words should have been spoken. And by words, I mean sentences.

Rogue
September 27th, 2005, 08:37 AM
I honestly believe Jack never felt he was good enough for Sam. That and the regs are what I always thought kept Jack passive. However, once Sam let him know that his feelings were returned (which he professed in D&C), something should have happened between them. Words should have been spoken. And by words, I mean sentences.

Well, I am with Rosemary. They should have left the Jack/Jacob scene in Threads.

nickatell
September 27th, 2005, 08:45 AM
I always felt that the conversation between Jacob and Sam the second time in Threads was quite vague and totally unrealistic. If I was on my death bed and I truly wanted my daughter to be happy with Jack the person I knew she truly loved, I would have spelled everything out; the man was dying for pete sake, he didn't still have to talk in code. This was a father daughter relationship that supposedly did a 360 degree flip when Jacob received Sellmack; and yet both never crossed the line by mentioning Jack by name. Now granted some would say because others could have been watching or listening but Jacob could have whispered it. Couldn't you have seen Sams eyes when Jacob would have whispered I know you love Jack? Yes, I agree once thinking clearly Sam may have understood what Jacob was saying, but as her father knowing that she is about to loose me and just how confused and lost she is in her life, and most importantly how she wanted and needed my approval, I would have made it my last fatherly mission to be there for my daughter when she so badly needed someone to break through the facade she built up and simply talk.

trupi
September 27th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Jack is a gentleman and certainly doesn't have to force his attention on anyone including Sam. He gave her the choice for a relationship 3X I remember-Divide and Conquer,Beneath the Surface and Affinity and maybe Lost City. He gave Sam a chance to say I want you and this relationship but she didn't for whatever reason. So he walked away not wanting to force the issue and hurt her career. Like he said about the engagement ring 'But you didn't say no" if you are in love with someone, you could never accept another proposer. Maybe Sam was waiting for Jack in the real time line to grab and kiss her in front of everyone and declare his love but she should have known he wouldn't because it would endanger her career and her rep..The way he sacrificed his life for her and the world was enough to know that this is one great guy.

irishchick
September 27th, 2005, 09:12 AM
hey guys kinda new to these parts hugh hugh shipper , i never knew there was a scene with jacob and jack do ye know what was in it????

Rogue
September 27th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Jack is a gentleman and certainly doesn't have to force his attention on anyone including Sam. He gave her the choice for a relationship 3X I remember-Divide and Conquer,Beneath the Surface and Affinity and maybe Lost City. He gave Sam a chance to say I want you and this relationship but she didn't for whatever reason. So he walked away not wanting to force the issue and hurt her career. Like he said about the engagement ring 'But you didn't say no" if you are in love with someone, you could never accept another proposer. Maybe Sam was waiting for Jack in the real time line to grab and kiss her in front of everyone and declare his love but she should have known he wouldn't because it would endanger her career and her rep..The way he sacrificed his life for her and the world was enough to know that this is one great guy.

That brings up a question. Say you are an ambitious, career military woman, with a job of a life time. You find yourself having feelings for your CO. Then you find out your CO has feelings for you. Would you give up your job so easily to take a chance that it may or may not work out?

blueiris
September 27th, 2005, 09:44 AM
That brings up a question. Say you are an ambitious, career military woman, with a job of a life time. You find yourself having feelings for your CO. Then you find out your CO has feelings for you. Would you give up your job so easily to take a chance that it may or may not work out?
A hard call. However, I still think they should have discussed their situations. A "this is where we stand, how do we deal with it" conversation. I don't think avoiding the issue was helping them do their job any better. If it came down to sacraficing the other or themselves to save the world, I don't think either of them would have hesitated. If it did not hamper whatever mission they were on at that time, one may have stayed with the other. But were it vital for one to return, I really feel they would have returned. Sam and Jack were both military and understood the follow through of a mission.

Rogue
September 27th, 2005, 10:21 AM
A hard call. However, I still think they should have discussed their situations. A "this is where we stand, how do we deal with it" conversation. I don't think avoiding the issue was helping them do their job any better. If it came down to sacraficing the other or themselves to save the world, I don't think either of them would have hesitated. If it did not hamper whatever mission they were on at that time, one may have stayed with the other. But were it vital for one to return, I really feel they would have returned. Sam and Jack were both military and understood the follow through of a mission.

Oh I agree, they should have talked. But since they are in the military, one would have to quit or be reassigned to further the relationship. And at that point in D&C where they were forced to admit their feelings, I don't think either one wanted to give up their job.

nickatell
September 27th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I agree Rogue tough decision to make. Now if we had just met and I felt a physical attraction to Jack (gosh that was even fun to type), I obviously would have kept quiet. Finding out four years later that Jack feels the same way about me, would have at least given me four years to find out who this man was and obviously my feelings would have now gone from just physical attraction, to physical attraction, respect, trust, admiration, and the beginnings of love. Now if I take this all the way to year 7, it certainly would not have played out as it did on tv. If I found that I was now questioning my feelings for Jack to the point where it was effecting my work, this would have been the time that I would have approached him and we would have had a conversation and depending if he was in agreement with that or not, that would have decided for me if I was to be reassigned or not. Lets face it if it was effecting my work I run the chance of being let go or reassigned anyway and if he doesn't want to talk then it would be better for me to leave to save my career.

Now, if we did talk then obviously we would have to come up with something that we both could live with. Having said that, I could also tell you what would not have happened. In season 9 we learn that basically the whole Stargate team did break up so at the end of season 8 if we did decide to wait, there would be no question that we would be together and it would be known to everyone. There would be none of this "not exactly".

pittsburghgirl
September 27th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Nickatell I am with your response-that would have been the logical course of events, but knowing those guys-it wasn't the most angsty or trashy way to do things.

They used to it pull chains-whenever they felt our part of the fandom pull away-they pulled this out of their bu&& to draw us back in-I doubt, at least on my part, that anything short of a declaration and a wedding ceremony would convince me of anything they try to lure us in with.

blueiris
September 27th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Oh I agree, they should have talked. But since they are in the military, one would have to quit or be reassigned to further the relationship. And at that point in D&C where they were forced to admit their feelings, I don't think either one wanted to give up their job.
Yes, I agree they were not ready to make those changes yet. Earth needed them and their experience at that time. But I think an understanding of sorts was there and that by the time Pete came along, it should have been addressed. Especially when Jack was made a General.

To be honest, I don't think either of them was in a position to enter into a serious romantic relationship with anyone. One serious relationship for Sam, and Pete ends up knowing about the SGC and then they break up. Another (Earth bound) relationship, for any of them, including Daniel, and perhaps another finds out. Can't keep anything a secret like that.

trupi
September 27th, 2005, 11:09 AM
He-- yes if he looked like RDA. But to be serious if I only had a military career going for me, maybe not but SAm is a scientist doing top secret stuff. Even if she's not in the military she would still be working for the Stargate program. What would Jack be or go?(and I'm not saying he doesn't have brains!) He is a perfect match because he would never question her little secrets but also have the clearance.

ST-1
September 27th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Quick fly-by posting as I've gotta run (RL calls!), but wanted to throw y'all another "Off-Duty" fic, the sequel to "Monkey Business:"
Billions Served (http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/41/billionsserved.html)
Yes, it's shippy, and yet again, the title means something! :D
Have fun, and don't be eating/drinking anything while you read. I am NOT responsible for shorted keyboards! ;)

sueKay
September 27th, 2005, 12:13 PM
Fly-by post...buying textbooks and whatnot (I've never payed for things online before...someone please save my bank balance!)

WELCOME IRISHCHICK!!!!!

Sadly we don't know anything about the Jack/Jacob scene, but I put my interpretation of what could have happened into my threads fic - here's the link to the specific chapter. It's based on Threads, so you don't need to read the whole story, but obviously I don't mind if you do :D
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/12/

There's been some interesting points made, so I'll be back in a wee while to join in the debate!

smea
September 27th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Fly-by post...buying textbooks and whatnot (I've never payed for things online before...someone please save my bank balance!)

WELCOME IRISHCHICK!!!!!

Sadly we don't know anything about the Jack/Jacob scene, but I put my interpretation of what could have happened into my threads fic - here's the link to the specific chapter. It's based on Threads, so you don't need to read the whole story, but obviously I don't mind if you do :D
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/12/

There's been some interesting points made, so I'll be back in a wee while to join in the debate!

:D I really like your fics.. they always make me smile lol..
Dont worry, your bank balance will be fine! *promises* We'll make sure of it :p

And as for giving up your career to be with the person you love.
I think its a hard decision. I mean, you have to consider how much you love them, and how much you love your job and what comes first.
To be honest... I think Id rather quit my job and be with someone who loves me, than stay in a career and live my life alone... but Im sure some people would disagree.

And anyway... we all know how much Sam&Jack adore each other. When you feel like that about someone, IMO it would be important to discuss it with them.

sueKay
September 27th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Thankies for the green Smea!!!

here's the chapter one link...there's 14 chapters at present...expect 15 next week!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/1/

I'd choose love anyday...I'd rather live in a tiny house with someone I love, than live in a big empty house on my own.

smea
September 27th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Thankies for the green Smea!!!

here's the chapter one link...there's 14 chapters at present...expect 15 next week!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/1/

I'd choose love anyday...I'd rather live in a tiny house with someone I love, than live in a big empty house on my own.

Yes.. eeeeeeeexactly. Though the SGC means a lot to S&J. But Im still convinced that they'd choose each other over it eventually...

Oh yeah.. and what is this green thing lol. Everyone mentions it, and I can kind of guess it from the context...but I still dont really know what it is... *blushes at smea's ignorance*

sarah_uk
September 27th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Oh and Welcome sarah_uk!

Thank you.

minigeek
September 27th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Yes.. eeeeeeeexactly. Though the SGC means a lot to S&J. But Im still convinced that they'd choose each other over it eventually..Totally. There's no question of that. Not even the tiniest doubt. :D

sarah_uk
September 27th, 2005, 01:30 PM

I think I would have to give it time, then after a number of years, if things were sill 'hot' between the two of you then I would rethink things, and prob have the 'talk'

Quote= Suekay

Sadly we don't know anything about the Jack/Jacob scene, but I put my interpretation of what could have happened into my threads fic - here's the link to the specific chapter

I really wish they could put all the Sam/Jack missing scenes in a book. They could make a load off the shippers. But then someone would probably post it online within 24 hrs. Still I would pay for a copy of the book.

waterfall
September 27th, 2005, 01:38 PM
hey shippers!!
I just read this great little "Threads" fic on Helio and I thought I'd share.
It's called "Twenty Four" by Sara J, here's the link:

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/12/twentyfour.php

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

waterfall

stargate barbie
September 27th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Yeah, it's probably not a good sign when you decide to marry by default.
hey people do that all the time.

stargate barbie
September 27th, 2005, 02:09 PM
hey guys kinda new to these parts hugh hugh shipper , i never knew there was a scene with jacob and jack do ye know what was in it????
welcome. i too am an irish chick :D

anyway, was there really a jack/jacob scene or is that just one of those things that people think was in or taken from the show, cos we've read so many fan fics about it?
if there actually was a planned/filmed j/j scene, i want proof dammit! not that i don't trust you guys or anything. *looks around nervously*

Billie
September 27th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Hi all :)

Just a fly by posting as unfortunately for me my holiday is over and I'm back working way too many hours!

Watched Rules of Engagement the other day and laughed so much at this little Jack moment that I actually snorted coffee!! (very messy!) and so I know it's a little OT but hey I thought you guys wouldn't mind me sharing!

TEAL'C (addressing the warriors): This is Colonel O'Neill. He is much loved by Apophis Loved Jacks face following that comment! (to O'Neill) You may address the warriors.
O'NEILL: (to the warriors)
Apophis wanted me to tell you that you've all been doing a wonderful job. Couldn't ask for more. Well done. But, he also wanted me to tell you the wholeůinvasion of the Tau'ri idea has been canceled due toů[coughs]...rain.
[The warriors appear confused.]

:D ROFLOL and CUC (coughing up coffee!) :D

and just to get back on topic I'm sure Sam was admiring his fabulous sense of humour and just dying to plant him with a honkin big kiss!! Hee hee!!

PS.
ST-1 have read all your fics and LOVED them all!! :p
sueKay - yours are next! :)

Sweet shippy dreams one and all

sueKay
September 27th, 2005, 02:38 PM
Smea - Green is what we call the reputation points :)

WELCOME SARAH UK!

Billie - I warn you...my work is no longer beta-ed since she moved away...we used to swap fanfics during the school lunch hour! But don't let that dissuade you from reading and review!

scjon
September 27th, 2005, 03:00 PM

I'm living that!! My husband and I live in 2 very cluttered rooms because we can't afford to rent anything bigger. When we got married I told my family that I'd rather live like that with him than in a mansion with anyone else. Call me a romantic...Most people do.... :p

I'd like to think that Sam and Jack would be the same way...

Going back to previous debates. I loved both Lost City and Threads. I'd have to go with Threads though.In spite of the fact thast the :eek: story-line was allowed to go too far in season 8,Threads convinced me that Sam & Jack are-if not together-well on their way to being so. Lost City was an important shippy stage along the way. Shame about the detour that was :eek:

Did anyone think that :eek: was history after watching Lost City? In some ways I was quite surprised when he reappeared in season 8.

sg-1fanintn
September 27th, 2005, 04:02 PM
I dunno, I always thought Jack did that just 'cos he felt sorry for her, you know? I mean, his Carter was standing right behind him (with the same look she had when he treated her like crud on Edora--once again I had the urge to throttle him for being a complete dumbass) and while he couldn't exactly kiss his Carter, wouldn't you rather kiss your reality's true love? (if that even makes sense?)

And nell, that fic is totally sweet :cool:

Agasp! I'll never finish my algebra homework now! :eek: :S :rolleyes: Oh well, tis what SSR & lunch are for.

No, no. We were talking about the Moebius kiss.....not the Point of View kiss. At least, I was.

ses110
September 27th, 2005, 04:07 PM
You make a really interesting point minigeek.I would Hope Sam would not say yes to Pete to hurt Jack.Sam was the one who moved on first, if anyone should be hurt it's Jack.Sam mentioned to Jack she had doubts about dropping the Baby off before going off World.Sam never told Jack she had doubts about Pete until Threads.Sam should have told Jack she had doubts about Pete if Sam wanted Jack to take some action.Jack would never do anything to hurt Sam's Career.Jack has too much respect for Sam to make decisions for Sam and Sam needed to be the one to stop her Marriage to Pete.

sg-1fanintn
September 27th, 2005, 04:08 PM

You know, when I hear producers say that, I wonder if they've forgotten the success of some of the shows we discussed here a few days ago, like Hart to Hart and McMillan & Wife. They were hugely popular and could be funny and sexy.....and they featured committed couples.

What I think we're really saying is, "We don't understand how people in committed relationships can be funny, sexy or exciting, so we don't know how to write it that way."

That's what they're really saying.....even if they don't want to admit it. They should turn to fanfic (but they're not allowed to)! Our writers know how to find the perfect mix!

sueKay
September 27th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Okay...to cheer you all up...I've got a question for you all to answer at length...

NOTE - to give the rest a chance...GRACE in ELIMINATED!

What do you think is the best S/J kiss?

take into account the following factors:

- timing
-Ratio - AU to real characters
-Ratio - UST to RST
-The General Shippyness of the episode
-The General anti-shippyness of the episode
-And how downright HOT is is :D

Well now...chop chop...I want detailed, reference answers of my desk for 0930 :P

Night all,

Sweet shippy dreams :)

Gatetrixer
September 27th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I always felt that the conversation between Jacob and Sam the second time in Threads was quite vague and totally unrealistic. If I was on my death bed and I truly wanted my daughter to be happy with Jack the person I knew she truly loved, I would have spelled everything out; the man was dying for pete sake, he didn't still have to talk in code. This was a father daughter relationship that supposedly did a 360 degree flip when Jacob received Sellmack; and yet both never crossed the line by mentioning Jack by name. Now granted some would say because others could have been watching or listening but Jacob could have whispered it. Couldn't you have seen Sams eyes when Jacob would have whispered I know you love Jack? Yes, I agree once thinking clearly Sam may have understood what Jacob was saying, but as her father knowing that she is about to loose me and just how confused and lost she is in her life, and most importantly how she wanted and needed my approval, I would have made it my last fatherly mission to be there for my daughter when she so badly needed someone to break through the facade she built up and simply talk.

TPTB must sit together until the early morning hours working on that code talking. Mustn't have the characters, esp. Sam and Jack, say anything that can't be taken two ways(or more).

sueKay
September 27th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Gatetrixer...I really need my mind cleansed of all non-PG thoughts after the way I read the end of your post :o

:eek:

bad suekay bad!

ses110
September 27th, 2005, 04:18 PM
How did some of these people get Jobs in Hollywood when they cannot Write Characters in a Shippy relationship?How hard is it to keep the format of the Show the same and just add Ship from Time to Time.TPTB of these Shows must really think Shippers want to see only Ship and nothing else.How can some of these people have Girlfriends and Wifes and have no clue how to Write a Shippy relationship.I wonder if they have on there Resumes I cannot Write Ship.

minigeek
September 27th, 2005, 04:21 PM
That brings up a question. Say you are an ambitious, career military woman, with a job of a life time. You find yourself having feelings for your CO. Then you find out your CO has feelings for you. Would you give up your job so easily to take a chance that it may or may not work out?See, this is an outstanding quandry and it's at the heart of what I've always loved in the irresolution of Sam/Jack. Before you gasp, hold on a sec!

I think the Sam we saw in the beginning, even as she first began to develop feelings for Jack was no where near the kind of person who'd take that kind of risk. Career focus so powerful it overwhelms every other aspect of a person's life is a fallacy of a younger soul. I say that, knowing full well that a person's goals and their priorities change as they "grow up" and grow older. Take ...... Amanda for example. The actress. A self proclaimed work-a-holic. She waited until when to start a family? Later than some people might have advised her. But she had a career to consider and she was focussed on that career. A lot of women (like Amanda) are doing just what she's doing in this day-and-age. I know I'm on the same track as well. But, as each new year ticks by, I think a little more, and a little more about those pesky "priorities". And I can feel myself changing, kicking and screaming I can feel it. I won't tell you how old I am suffice it to say that I'm over 28 and under 32 right now. :eek:

So you have Sam Carter going through half a decade of her life with these - unresolved feelings - and I think, only towards the end of that period does she even begin to really consider what it might be like to not.......work all the time. Hence her story in "Grace". Priorities. Changing. Conflict.

So in the beginning, the younger Sam who started on SG-1 would never have considered giving up any of it. She was living her dream on the fast track. The older Sam we now see - I think she would, and I think she's confident enough now (FINALLY!) in her own abilities and her own sense of purpose to not worry so much about what "Big Brother" thinks of her or how her career plays out. She'll do what she feels is right for her, more and more, as she gets older.

Going fishing with Jack was just the first of many steps in that direction. The best is yet to come! :D

mini(the old)geek

ses110
September 27th, 2005, 04:32 PM
stargate Barbie it's Funny you should mention Monnlighting.I said the same thing you said regarding Moonlighting about a Year ago.Moonlighting is a nice excuse for all members of TPTB.Anyone see the Atlantis finale got the worst ratings ever for an Atlantis episode.TPTB better start giving the Fans a reason to keep watching SG-1 and Atlantis.I heard a ton of excuses why the ratings are down this Year.I think many Fans are no longer going to be patient and just wait for the good episodes.

Gatetrixer
September 27th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Gatetrixer...I really need my mind cleansed of all non-PG thoughts after the way I read the end of your post :o

:eek:

bad suekay bad!

And I worked on that sentence, too!

Gatetrixer
September 27th, 2005, 04:43 PM
This thread is going strong, what with the discussions yesterday and now the present ones.

nell
September 27th, 2005, 05:05 PM
I was listening to Sarah on the way home tonight. This sounded like Sam's POV about Jack in Season 8 episode Threads . The melody is great; I wish I had a sound bite for you. Whadaya think??

SARAH McLACHLAN LYRICS

"Push"

Every time I look at you the world just melts away
All my troubles all my fears dissolve in your affections
You've seen me at my weakest but you take me as I am
And when I fall you offer me a softer place to land

[CHORUS:]
You stay the course you hold the line you keep it all together
You're the one true thing I know I can believe in
You're all the things that I desire, you save me, you complete me
You're the one true thing I know I can believe

I get mad so easy but you give me room to breathe
No matter what I say or do 'cause you're too good to fight about it
Even when I have to push just to see how far you'll go
You wont stoop down to battle but you never turn to go

[CHORUS]

Your love is just the antidote when nothing else will cure me
There are times I cant decide when I cant tell up from down
You make me feel less crazy when otherwise I'd drown
But you pick me up and brush me off and tell me I'm OK
Sometimes thats just what we need to get us through the day

[CHORUS]

[Thanks to [email protected] for these lyrics]
[Thanks to [email protected] for correcting these lyrics]

sg-1fanintn
September 27th, 2005, 05:10 PM
spoilers for s7's chimera and s8's affinity

my original set up was to end at season seven. that way, all we'd have to put up with was chimera (did i mention it was the ep of death and eternal suffering?) and NO marriage engagement.

i thought sam showed she was in love with jack in lost city... but i don't like the idea of not having some of the great ship we got in threads (and alternate in moebius).

how about this scenario?

in chimera, sam 'tells' everyone she's seeing someone. jack's jealous (like in the elevator), but... no one sees this guy, including the viewers. at the end of the ep, when sam shoots osiris (by herself)... sam visits daniel in the infirmary, telling him she's glad he's alright. he asks her about this guy she's been seeing, but once again, sam's cagey about it.

scene changes to sam coming home. she's smiling as she approaches her bedroom, calling out, 'honey, i'm home!'. she climbs onto the bed, reaching for a draw in her nightstand. we see her take something out, but not what that something is. then we 'hear' something running, while sam slowly brings the object into view. she smiles seductively, saying 'hello, petey, my boy,' as we see sam caressing her new vibrator.

there, my shipper friends, is sam's new boyfriend! ;)

sally :p
Sally....uh.....this is oh so funny.....but also kinda pathetic!!!! Ya think?

sg-1fanintn
September 27th, 2005, 05:16 PM

Yes.....Teri Hatcher is a lucky woman. She used to date RDA!!!!!

majorsal
September 27th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Sam had been taking hits for two years-and I cannot believe that Jack would have let her go like that.

yes.

for me, season 7's antics were believable, but after lost city, to continue down the pete road was *unbelievable* and a plot device to stretch out the s/j angst.

stargate barbie
September 27th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Okay...to cheer you all up...I've got a question for you all to answer at length...

NOTE - to give the rest a chance...GRACE in ELIMINATED!

What do you think is the best S/J kiss?

take into account the following factors:

- timing
-Ratio - AU to real characters
-Ratio - UST to RST
-The General Shippyness of the episode
-The General anti-shippyness of the episode
-And how downright HOT is is :D

Well now...chop chop...I want detailed, reference answers of my desk for 0930 :P

Night all,

Sweet shippy dreams :)
i'm very tired, but i'm still going with moebius on this. POV, wasn't our sam, they kissed and then she was gone. and it was too angsty, even though it was a really sweet and beautiful moment. WoO, was just a snippet, great kiss, but was mostly for comedic purposes, and jack had to behave as though it had never happened.

moebius however, was different. it was more parallel to our sam and jack. it was this universes sam and jack, only in a different timeline. and the entire interaction between them in those two episodes sums up the one with "our" sam and jack. we saw them meeting, getting to know one another, without rules and regulations and all the other stuff that was stopping the other selves. we saw them developing the trust and feelings. we saw the attraction become apparent, and then we saw the fireworks. a genuine first kiss, no previous knowledge of alternates, or timeloops. an honest to god first kiss. awkward at first, then more comfortable, and then fireworks. and we have the knowledge that that version of our sam and jack were going to carry on, and would have to deal with each other, and would develop their relationship further after that kiss. and i think that that could very well be an indication from TPTB that thats what was happening with the other timelines sam and jack, only at more length and with a few more complications. but i think that by the end of moebius, both timelines versions were pretty much in the same place in terms of their relationship. just one version had a longer history behind it. but by the end of the ep, they were still both "fishing". :D

minigeek
September 27th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Yes.....Teri Hatcher is a lucky woman. She used to date RDA!!!!!Owie. Lucky - not so much. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but RDA - back then - not such a great guy to be dating. And what he did to Teri, yeah... not such a nice thing to have to go through as well. He's changed a lot since those days. Which is a very good thing. Because now-a-days we can all love him again. :D

majorsal
September 27th, 2005, 07:21 PM

good question. first thing i'd do is *talk* to the person in question, not make decisions for *our* possible relationship based solely on my own thoughts/feelings/desires. and this goes for *both* sam and jack.

because the two of them didn't talk, we got pete, engagement, kerry, and YEARS of angst and suffering.

minigeek
September 27th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Hey guys, there's a POLL going on over on the SONY boards about our favorite team incarnations for SG-1. It's pretty close now, between Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and ... Daniel, Teal'c, Cameron, Vala. Any of you want to pop over and show your support for the DREAM TEAM? ;)

http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards/showthread.php?t=17458

mini(the-polled-out)geek

nell
September 27th, 2005, 07:34 PM
i'm very tired, but i'm still going with moebius on this. POV, wasn't our sam, they kissed and then she was gone. and it was too angsty, even though it was a really sweet and beautiful moment. WoO, was just a snippet, great kiss, but was mostly for comedic purposes, and jack had to behave as though it had never happened.

moebius however, was different. it was more parallel to our sam and jack. it was this universes sam and jack, only in a different timeline. and the entire interaction between them in those two episodes sums up the one with "our" sam and jack. we saw them meeting, getting to know one another, without rules and regulations and all the other stuff that was stopping the other selves. we saw them developing the trust and feelings. we saw the attraction become apparent, and then we saw the fireworks. a genuine first kiss, no previous knowledge of alternates, or timeloops. an honest to god first kiss. awkward at first, then more comfortable, and then fireworks. and we have the knowledge that that version of our sam and jack were going to carry on, and would have to deal with each other, and would develop their relationship further after that kiss. and i think that that could very well be an indication from TPTB that thats what was happening with the other timelines sam and jack, only at more length and with a few more complications. but i think that by the end of moebius, both timelines versions were pretty much in the same place in terms of their relationship. just one version had a longer history behind it. but by the end of the ep, they were still both "fishing". :D

Well, after several replays of Moebius, this is what I'm thinking Now you have to suspend your imagination a little further.......While Alternate Time (AT) Sam and Jack are in the puddle jumper trying to activate the cloaking device, we had a peek of Jack initiating some flirting with Sam. OMG he was sooo cool. See what happens when there are no regs?

BTW do you remember AT Jack looking AT Sam with his predatory eyes when Sam and Daniel sought to enlist his help in M1? Immediately he was attracted to Sam!!! Anyway, Sam let Jack down (for Daniel she says????) and Jack respectfully, if not perplexed, backed off. (Unlike McKay upon meeting AT Sam earlier at the SGC. What an obnoxious wolf was he!!)

Did you notice that from that point onward, when Jack radioed Sam from outside the puddle jumper, "Carter...." and later calling for backup, "Daniel, Teal'c....." Even Daniel radioing back, "Sam, Jack..." It sounded like our Team!!! Granted there were large and obvious differences but there were "allusions" to them being like a team in the real timeline (I'm getting dizzy from the timeline stuff).

Finally, in the face of danger, Sam made the pass at Jack. He had the green light to go and how sweetly and decisively his hands held Sam's face as he kissed her. Fireworks for sure!!!

I'm just sayin'....... I'm squeezing the Ship out of this episode!!!

sg-1fanintn
September 27th, 2005, 07:35 PM

You both make such good points! But to add to that, I think this scene was very true to the characters and the inhibitions we've observed in them over the years.

Jack:
1. Didn't want to take a chance with Sam's career, which he knew could be brilliant.
2. Didn't think he was good enough for Sam. In one ep (never can remember which one when I need it, but it could have been D & C), he called her a "national treasure."
3. Has always had so much respect for Sam and her abilities. He couldn't understand what she wanted with an older guy who wasn't as brainy as she was.
4. Never wanted to make Sam feel he was coercing her into a relationship using his power as her CO.

Sam:
1. Was the good soldier who had always done what was expected of her and what she was told to do.
2. Couldn't see challenging the regs and bringing embarassment or dishonor to either of them.
3. Has always seen Jack as a hero, someone who is larger than life (ok, he is to me too). While she knows him well, she has a certain amount of hero worship attached to him, so she couldn't believe that his feelings for her were real.
4. Knew how valuable Jack was to the military, so she didn't want to risk his career!

And they both have had issues with their mission, and the fact that no one knew the Goa'uld better than they did. So, until most of the system lords were defeated, they felt dedication to duty was more important than their personal feelings. However, now that there's little of a Goa'uld left, there's no longer a reason to keep them apart!

And that, little shippers, is why we should have had Threads as the season 8 finale, and why it should have included a commitment and a.....

big honkin' kiss!

Buc252
September 27th, 2005, 07:43 PM

I really don't think he knew she was silently *asking* him to step up and say something. I think that he was too convinced - even before the ring - that she was moving on without him. He's always been the self-sacrificing one on the team, and he would never interfere with what he saw as her happiness by "inflicting" his feelings on her.

It's not that he was stupid or dense - it was just that he was hurting too badly to see the forest for the trees.

sg-1fanintn
September 27th, 2005, 07:45 PM
This thread is going strong, what with the discussions yesterday and now the present ones.
You're right! And just a few days ago, people were worrying that we would have nothing to talk about because of the small amount of ship we're getting right now. Not so!

I just feel frustrated that so much of the discussion is going on while I'm at work and can't get in on it. But that's ok.....I still enjoy reading it!

So many tremendous posts today.....Gatetrixer, stargate barbie, nell, minigeek....Rogue.....Buc252, Sally and more! I've tried to green several of you tonight with no success. Sigh. Where did my green jello go? But please know that I'm in agreement with you!

nell
September 27th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Jack:
1. Never wanted to ruin Sam's career
2. Didn't think he was good enough for Sam. In one ep (never can remember which one when I need it, but it could have been D & C), he called her a "national treasure." LOST CITY
3. Has always had so much respect for Sam and her abilities. He couldn't understand what she wanted with an older guy who wasn't as brainy as she was.
4. Also didn't want to take a chance with her career, which he knew could be brilliant.

And that, little shippers, is why we should have had Threads as the season 8 finale, and why it should have included a commitment and a.....

big honkin' kiss! EXACTLY!!

Excellent points!!!

Buc252
September 27th, 2005, 07:48 PM

I agree . . . but when exactly *did* she let him know that his feelings were returned? We never saw her side of the D&C scene, and while there were opportunities where, with our shippy rose-colored glasses firmly in place, we were *sure* she was going to say something to him, she never actually did.

Somebody mentioned the "I know" earlier. The fact of the matter is, she could have responded with, "I know you know, but I wanted to say it out loud. I love you." She didn't. She fell silent, and never tried again.

Unless he put a gag on her, he couldn't keep her from saying the words if she was truly determined. Especially at that point, when he was no longer her CO.

nell
September 27th, 2005, 07:54 PM
You're right! And just a few days ago, people were worrying that we would have nothing to talk about because of the small amount of ship we're getting right now. Not so!

I just feel frustrated that so much of the discussion is going on while I'm at work and can't get in on it. But that's ok.....I still enjoy reading it!

So many tremendous posts today.....Gatetrixer, stargate barbie, nell, minigeek....Rogue.....Buc252, Sally and more! I've tried to green several of you tonight with no success. Sigh. Where did my green jello go? But please know that I'm in agreement with you!

((((sg-1fanintn))))
Here's your green jello!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/limejello.jpg

Buc252
September 27th, 2005, 07:55 PM
hey people do that all the time.

Yes, and the divorce rate is nearly 50%. I can't help but believe that it would be less if people were more wise in their decisions.

Cathain Nottingham
September 27th, 2005, 07:56 PM
I think Sam and Jack have amazing chemistry but did anyone else notice how much Sarah O'Neill looked like Sam in 'Cold Lazarus'? I mean to the point of giving this shipper chills.

minigeek
September 27th, 2005, 07:57 PM
I think Sam and Jack have amazing chemistry but did anyone else notice how much Sarah O'Neill looked like Sam in 'Cold Lazarus'? I mean to the point of giving this shipper chills.Yes, totally. That was very intentional, too. ;)

Cathain Nottingham
September 27th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Yes, totally. That was very intentional, too. ;)

Oh I know - but see TPTB started it! I mean that was way back in season one before D&C and the more 'shippy' episodes.

I don't know...I mean like I said, I love Sam and Jack but there is just something about the Sarah / Sam thing that really irks me.

Buc252
September 27th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Hey guys, there's a POLL going on over on the SONY boards about our favorite team incarnations for SG-1. It's pretty close now, between Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c and ... Daniel, Teal'c, Cameron, Vala. Any of you want to pop over and show your support for the DREAM TEAM? ;)

http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards/showthread.php?t=17458

mini(the-polled-out)geek

I don't care if nobody else does, but I'm voting for Jack, Sam, Teal'c, and Jonas. Actually, my ideal would be Jack, Sam, Teal'c, Jonas, and Daniel, but that's not one of the choices. :( I could pick "other", but they don't let you specify what "other" that is.

Miz_Gatez
September 27th, 2005, 08:11 PM
Oh I know - but see TPTB started it! I mean that was way back in season one before D&C and the more 'shippy' episodes.

I don't know...I mean like I said, I love Sam and Jack but there is just something about the Sarah / Sam thing that really irks me.
It kinda irks me too. Dunno why, either. Not too much, per say, like Jack's personality in Daniel recently does, but it's confusing.

I don't really know what confuses me...cos it shouldn't. Sara = ex-wife. Sam = the one true love.

Shouldn't it be as simple as that? :S

Cathain Nottingham
September 27th, 2005, 08:20 PM
It kinda irks me too. Dunno why, either. Not too much, per say, like Jack's personality in Daniel recently does, but it's confusing.

I don't really know what confuses me...cos it shouldn't. Sara = ex-wife. Sam = the one true love.

Shouldn't it be as simple as that? :S

Not with a group of men for writers ;)

But at the same time if they got together there would be all this other sort of angst. The one example I can think of is on Gilmore Girls. Everyone wanted Luke and Lorelai together and now that they are the writers need to find all these new sorts of problems. At least with Sam and Jack the good build up angst is still going on until the big moment :D

Miz_Gatez
September 27th, 2005, 08:20 PM
I don't care if nobody else does, but I'm voting for Jack, Sam, Teal'c, and Jonas. Actually, my ideal would be Jack, Sam, Teal'c, Jonas, and Daniel, but that's not one of the choices. :( I could pick "other", but they don't let you specify what "other" that is.

I would too, but it says I can't vote in this poll. Must be 'cos I'm not a member. :o :cool:

I'm surprised to see that people are thinking of Vala as a member of SG-1 :S ...I mean, if it had been up to a lot of people in the SGC (and even higher - in the gov.) Vala wouldn't have gone very far outside some dinky lil' holding cell. But alas, she clapped those stupid little bracelets on herself and Daniel, so...whatcha gonna do? :rolleyes:

I'd actually love to just add Jonas onto the original SG-1. That would be so totally freakin COOL. I hated when they got rid of Daniel, but I had to admit Jonas was charming, optimistic, and inspiring.

Miz_Gatez
September 27th, 2005, 08:24 PM

But at the same time if they got together there would be all this other sort of angst. The one example I can think of is on Gilmore Girls. Everyone wanted Luke and Lorelai together and now that they are the writers need to find all these new sorts of problems. At least with Sam and Jack the good build up angst is still going on until the big moment :D

LOL. :D

Never watched the Gilmore Girls, but I guess I know what ya mean :) Still, I'd love to see that big, honkin' smooch on real TV instead of just in my stories.

Buc252
September 27th, 2005, 08:26 PM
I would too, but it says I can't vote in this poll. Must be 'cos I'm not a member. :o :cool:

I'm surprised to see that people are thinking of Vala as a member of SG-1 :S ...I mean, if it had been up to a lot of people in the SGC (and even higher - in the gov.) Vala wouldn't have gone very far outside some dinky lil' holding cell. But alas, she clapped those stupid little bracelets on herself and Daniel, so...whatcha gonna do? :rolleyes:

I'd actually love to just add Jonas onto the original SG-1. That would be so totally freakin COOL. I hated when they got rid of Daniel, but I had to admit Jonas was charming, optimistic, and inspiring.

If I had to choose between Daniel at his best and Jonas in S6, I'd take Jonas in a New York minute. But my "dream team" is the five-person team in my signature. <g>

As for Vala being a member of the team, it's sheer stupidity. If that really happened - she slapped the bracelet on Daniel, etc etc - it wouldn't have been *her* going along on missions. It would have been *him* cooling his heels with her back at the SGC. You don't send somebody with a debilitation (and yes, that's what this was) into the field, any military person knows that.

yet another case of TPTB breaking USAF regulations, when they wouldn't allow *our* breaking of regs. It's a crock, I tell you! :mad:

majorsal
September 27th, 2005, 08:33 PM
hey, everyone. i'm looking for more caps (i only have one) of this below pic. i can't remember what special it's from, but i'd like more caps of this cute amanda-rick encounter. anyone know where i can find more?

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/5691/ooops0iz.jpg

Cathain Nottingham
September 27th, 2005, 08:39 PM
hey, everyone. i'm looking for more caps (i only have one) of this below pic. i can't remember what special it's from, but i'd like more caps of this cute amanda-rick encounter. anyone know where i can find more?

Hmm...I don't recognize that one. Then again on most specials / DVD specials Rick is always goofing off with Amanda.

nell
September 27th, 2005, 08:50 PM

Great cap!!! Nope, I don't know the special.

Cathain Nottingham
September 27th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Night ladies ;)

Miz_Gatez
September 27th, 2005, 08:57 PM
yet another case of TPTB breaking USAF regulations, when they wouldn't allow *our* breaking of regs. It's a crock, I tell you! :mad:

:rolleyes: But my dear Buc252, that would be common sense.

And since when has TPTB cared about common sense?

(Or the fans' opinions, for that matter?)

majorsal
September 27th, 2005, 08:59 PM
You know, when I hear producers say that, I wonder if they've forgotten the success of some of the shows we discussed here a few days ago, like Hart to Hart and McMillan & Wife. They were hugely popular and could be funny and sexy.....and they featured committed couples.

What I think we're really saying is, "We don't understand how people in committed relationships can be funny, sexy or exciting, so we don't know how to write it that way."

yep!

look how much easier it is to write UST than an actual relationship. with UST, all you basically have to do is looks and suggestions, but with a relay, you have to *show* them together.

that's easy.

show them a lot. and keep the couple interesting. and keep the fans interested.

and that scares the writers. a lot.

so take the easy and convenient way out - play it out until the end.

and all they had to do is not highlight the relay every ep. you then miss it. and when it's shown, it's appreciated more. why is that so hard for the writers to do?

Gatetrixer
September 27th, 2005, 09:03 PM
I agree . . . but when exactly *did* she let him know that his feelings were returned? We never saw her side of the D&C scene, and while there were opportunities where, with our shippy rose-colored glasses firmly in place, we were *sure* she was going to say something to him, she never actually did.

Somebody mentioned the "I know" earlier. The fact of the matter is, she could have responded with, "I know you know, but I wanted to say it out loud. I love you." She didn't. She fell silent, and never tried again.

Unless he put a gag on her, he couldn't keep her from saying the words if she was truly determined. Especially at that point, when he was no longer her CO.

She had to tell the truth in D&C or she would never have been cleared of being a Zatarc. Though when you think about it, what would she say when being tested? I suppose it would be something about telling Jack to go because she cared about him and didn't wan't him to be killed trying to save her.

Gatetrixer
September 27th, 2005, 09:19 PM

It's from the UK version of one of the S8 Lowdowns, I think--it substituted for some of Pierre Bernard's participation, since they don't get Letterman there, as I remember.

scjon
September 27th, 2005, 09:19 PM
She had to tell the truth in D&C or she would never have been cleared of being a Zatarc. Though when you think about it, what would she say when being tested? I suppose it would be something about telling Jack to go because she cared about him and didn't wan't him to be killed trying to save her.
I was quite surprised that in D & C, they just showed Jack's re-test. I half thought that they may cut between Jack and Sam's retest, like they did between thew whole team's in the original test.

Perhaps they wanted to give Jack's 'I care about her...A lot more than I'm supposed to' the maximum impact possible and they thought that it might lose something if they included Sam's re-test.

Still, who knows?

scjon
September 27th, 2005, 09:35 PM

I've been wondering that for a while. I've come to the conclusion that something must have been said or communicated somehow prior to D & C. In that episode he says "oh that", when Sam talks about the things they can't admit to given their military ranks.

The first time I saw it, I thought I must have missed something, but I'm now assuming that either they discussed it off-screen between Nemesis & Small Victories (there is definitely a more relaxed feel to their (working) relationship at the beginning of Small Victories). If this was the case, the off-screen nature of such a discussion would be really frustrating for us shippers.

or

They simultaneously realised that their feelings for each other were mutual when they were stuck on either side of the forcefield in Upgrades/D & C

or

I'm on the wrong track completely in both cases.

Obviously, I've spent way too much time thinking about this :p :D

majorsal
September 27th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Sally....uh.....this is oh so funny.....but also kinda pathetic!!!! Ya think?

yes. it is. and i'm not sure if *that's* funny or not.

SG1Poz
September 27th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Well, I am with Rosemary. They should have left the Jack/Jacob scene in Threads.

....and, they should have left the kiss scene in The Lost City pt 2 !!! All we got was, "I know." :(

Poz

ST-1
September 27th, 2005, 09:42 PM

Don't know where to find them, but I would certainly love to see more like this! :)

WRT when S&J realized they had feelings for one another, I think it hit them like a ton of bricks in Upgrades (scenes shown in D&C), standing on opposite sides of the force field. Jack realizes he can't leave her. Sam begs him to leave, and realizes he can't. Then they just stare longingly into each others' eyes, and I think their expressions say more than words ever could.

PRIOR to Upgrades/D&C, I think they were both well aware of the "feelings" floating around between them, but the situation in Upgrades/D&C made it all too clear those feelings were real...and mutual.

JMHO. :D

majorsal
September 27th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Owie. Lucky - not so much. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but RDA - back then - not such a great guy to be dating. And what he did to Teri, yeah... not such a nice thing to have to go through as well. He's changed a lot since those days. Which is a very good thing. Because now-a-days we can all love him again. :D

okay, what did he do to her! enquiring minds want to know. :p

majorsal
September 27th, 2005, 09:56 PM
spoilers for s8's moebius'

i think i would have responded better to that moebius kiss if it had had *real* passion. these two ppl barely knew one another. for a first kiss was pretty nice. but at this point in time, the shippers for the 'original' sam and jack were chomping at the bit for a REAL kiss between them, ala Grace.

moebius ship between the alt sam and jack was sweet. very sweet. but for a last ep of this original team, and a supposed last chance for s/j ship while rick was still on the show... it was a letdown.

i take moebius for what it is. nothing more, nothing less. i actually do appreciate it and love it... but i'll always be waiting for a real kiss, a real relationship between the *real* sam and jack.

and gawd, i hope this isn't stretched out as long as it took for troi and riker to *finally* get together. sooo too little, sooo too late. please, ptb, *please* don't belittle the s/j relay like that. troi/riker was a shadow of what it could have been.

minigeek
September 27th, 2005, 10:01 PM
okay, what did he do to her! enquiring minds want to know. :p

Gah. Nevermind. I shouldn't have prattled on. Ignore me. Back to the ship! :D

majorsal
September 27th, 2005, 10:12 PM

this is actually kind of funny (not a laugh at you kind of way), but... i think we take sides of our fave character. mine is sam, with me relating/sticking up for her more than jack. while i ADORE and WANT jack with all my heart (okay, more rda than jack ;) ), i think he's just as much to blame for the lack of a relationship as sam. there's missed opportunities on both sides. heck, even in the same scenes.

the truth. the writers are screwing this all up. they make sam and jack say (and not say) things that complicate their relay.

spoilers for s7's lost city and s8's new order

that's why i originally brought up the question of which ship ending was better (lost city or threads), because i really think that lost city was a turning point for sam (and jack), and with new order, all they did was go back to the reset button. lost city caused changes and revelations in sam, so for her to continue with pete was not only stupid, it hurt the sam carter character. and the jack character too. unless you are the most anally insecure person around, you *try* to *talk* through your issues. no half sentences. no 'i know's.

the writers let down the sam and jack characters. badly. all they really had to do in new order was have sam tell teal'c that she'd broken up with pete, and *then* her insecurities would reassert themselves and she'd keep her feelings for jack to herself. again. yes, the ship would be stretched out, but without sam shipping two guys at the same time.

ST-1
September 27th, 2005, 10:13 PM
and gawd, i hope this isn't stretched out as long as it took for troi and riker to *finally* get together. sooo too little, sooo too late. please, ptb, *please* don't belittle the s/j relay like that. troi/riker was a shadow of what it could have been.

AMEN, sister! :rolleyes: Troi/Riker...what a Big Honkin' Dissapointment that was (though I liked Data's singing at the wedding, and actually get it stuck in my head sometimes! :D ) If TPTB have one brain among them, they'll learn from history and NOT pull a Troi/Riker on Sam & Jack.

majorsal
September 27th, 2005, 10:23 PM
It's from the UK version of one of the S8 Lowdowns, I think--it substituted for some of Pierre Bernard's participation, since they don't get Letterman there, as I remember.

YES! :D

dang, i have more of these bloody screen caps, but i've got *so* many pics on my pc that i didn't know what folder to look them up under. of course, i looked through hundreds of my pics already, not looking through 'this' specific folder that they really were under... *shakes head at stupidity*

thanks, gatetrixer! ;)

majorsal
September 27th, 2005, 11:16 PM
to honor the post that'll give me 4400, i give it to my heart and soul of this forum...

i love sam and jack together! long live the ship! :D

Uber
September 27th, 2005, 11:16 PM

sally :)That looks like the set from Fallen...the village they find Daniel in...

Billie
September 28th, 2005, 04:39 AM
Bumping Jack and Sam back to the top of page one where they belong!

Congratulations majorsal on 4400!!!4000ish more than me!! :p

shelsfc
September 28th, 2005, 05:44 AM
I've been wondering that for a while. I've come to the conclusion that something must have been said or communicated somehow prior to D & C. In that episode he says "oh that", when Sam talks about the things they can't admit to given their military ranks.

The first time I saw it, I thought I must have missed something, but I'm now assuming that either they discussed it off-screen between Nemesis & Small Victories (there is definitely a more relaxed feel to their (working) relationship at the beginning of Small Victories). If this was the case, the off-screen nature of such a discussion would be really frustrating for us shippers.

or

They simultaneously realised that their feelings for each other were mutual when they were stuck on either side of the forcefield in Upgrades/D & C

or

I'm on the wrong track completely in both cases.

Obviously, I've spent way too much time thinking about this :p :D

I don't think there was any off screen conversation before that...I think it would be out of character for them to have done that, sure they seem to have avoided it at every other oppertunity.

I think you might be right about them simultaneously realising their feelings in Upgrades. I always just assumed that in D&C when Jack said 'Oh that', it was because he was well aware of his own feelings for Sam, and suspected that she felt the same, possibly only since that scene in Upgrades, but that the subject had never been broached....ya know, regs....

Rogue
September 28th, 2005, 06:17 AM
this is actually kind of funny (not a laugh at you kind of way), but... i think we take sides of our fave character. mine is sam, with me relating/sticking up for her more than jack. while i ADORE and WANT jack with all my heart (okay, more rda than jack ;) ), i think he's just as much to blame for the lack of a relationship as sam. there's missed opportunities on both sides. heck, even in the same scenes.

the truth. the writers are screwing this all up. they make sam and jack say (and not say) things that complicate their relay.

spoilers for s7's lost city and s8's new order

that's why i originally brought up the question of which ship ending was better (lost city or threads), because i really think that lost city was a turning point for sam (and jack), and with new order, all they did was go back to the reset button. lost city caused changes and revelations in sam, so for her to continue with pete was not only stupid, it hurt the sam carter character. and the jack character too. unless you are the most anally insecure person around, you *try* to *talk* through your issues. no half sentences. no 'i know's.

the writers let down the sam and jack characters. badly. all they really had to do in new order was have sam tell teal'c that she'd broken up with pete, and *then* her insecurities would reassert themselves and she'd keep her feelings for jack to herself. again. yes, the ship would be stretched out, but without sam shipping two guys at the same time.

I thought for sure Pete would have been history after lost city. Then the first chance they get in New Order, they bring up his name. You can tell by her reaction she didn't want to talk about Pete. I'm sure Teal'c was thinking "yeah, right". Sam's actions alone, showed that she was in love with Jack. If it had been Daniel frozen instead of Jack, she would be upset but not to the point of blackmailing Weir and risking her life to save him. I never bought into this internal clock, get a life, I'm settling for second best story line. Sam never struck me as a person who would settle for second best. I think she would have been totally miserable because for one he would have never understood her career and two she would always be wondering "what if ".

pittsburghgirl
September 28th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Rogue I agree-Sam has always appeared to me to be driven and focused- someboy like Pete ought to have driven her off the deep end-that i credit to really poor writing and acting-i could have bought it somewhat if Pete had a brain and common sense. They wanted to portray a sweet and loving man who wanted a committment-they presented somebody who ought to have been committed. you know-the sleeveless jack and rubber room.

Rogue
September 28th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Rogue I agree-Sam has always appeared to me to be driven and focused- someboy like Pete ought to have driven her off the deep end-that i credit to really poor writing and acting-i could have bought it somewhat if Pete had a brain and common sense. They wanted to portray a sweet and loving man who wanted a committment-they presented somebody who ought to have been committed. you know-the sleeveless jack and rubber room.

And you know what is really stupid? She dates this guy for 2- 3 weeks and they decide to tell him about the stargate. Three weeks! You don't tell a casual bf or gf about the goverments most top seceret base. I can't believe they gave her persmission to tell Pete when she couldn't even tell her dying Dad what she was doing. If he couldn't accept her without knowing what she did, then he wasn't the right man for her.

pittsburghgirl
September 28th, 2005, 07:44 AM
And you know what is really stupid? She dates this guy for 2- 3 weeks and they decide to tell him about the stargate. Three weeks! You don't tell a casual bf or gf about the goverments most top seceret base. I can't believe they gave her persmission to tell Pete when she couldn't even tell her dying Dad what she was doing. If he couldn't accept her without knowing what she did, then he wasn't the right man for her.
you are dead on -that is what puzzeled me a lot-Jacob on his death bed wasn't allowed to be told-but this fruitcake???

and you know they are planning on re-visiting this issue in 9 according to the spoilers mitchell has a friend who is dying and wants to know what he is doing-and Cam is torn between telling him or not-and Sam tells him about Pete -blech!

nickatell
September 28th, 2005, 08:07 AM
There have been two blatent pieces of bad writing with the characters of Jack and Sam. The first being Sam dating Pete way out of character in my mind. She has these trememdously strong feelings for her CO, who has on one occassion verbally admitted having feelings for her, for seven long years and I'm not just talking your run of the mill adventures, I'm talking life and death situations but suddenly she is confused about her feelings for him (Are they real?, Is he a safe bet?, Does he still have feelings for me?, Am I wasting my time? type of thing) but instead of talking to Jack about this, she decides to start fresh and date someone new and during the course of this dating, then tries a couple of times to talk to Jack and tell him how she feels about him? Sooo out of character for Carter, I never bought into this. As she said in Moebius "I tend to over think things". and yet we are to believe that she starts dating Pete on a whim and decides to marry him in what a couple of months? If she was so afraid to have "the conversation" with Jack, why is it any easier when she is engaged to someone else? yadda, yadda, yadda, I think you get my point here.
The second piece of major bad writing is at the beginning of this season when the team is split up and Sam is in research at Area 51 and taking care of Cassie and Jack is now I believe head of HomeWorld Security and they are still not in an open, no holes barred type relationship. Now come on with everything that they have been through and no regs to keep them apart we are still playing the cloak and dagger bit, still getting the "not exactly's". Why??? They are starting to make the characters unrealistic IMO.

nickatell
September 28th, 2005, 08:12 AM
If TPTB were smart they would have realized that they had it better than the other shows that have been mentioned for not getting Jack and Sam together because they had four lead characters. They could have explored both worlds, the single world and the relationship world, neither taking full power at one time and by doing so keeping both sides very interesting.

girlgater
September 28th, 2005, 08:43 AM
you are dead on -that is what puzzeled me a lot-Jacob on his death bed wasn't allowed to be told-but this fruitcake???

and you know they are planning on re-visiting this issue in 9 according to the spoilers mitchell has a friend who is dying and wants to know what he is doing-and Cam is torn between telling him or not-and Sam tells him about Pete -blech!

I can't believe that spoiler. Talk about making one feel :S . I've got so many posts to catch up on...

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. My nephew was killed in a car accident last week and I've neither felt like being on-line, or had the time. I'm a firm believer in prayer and have faith that his immediate family will get through this.

Later.

pittsburghgirl
September 28th, 2005, 08:49 AM
for anyone who is interested-the season 9 spoiler i referred to is on gateworld and the episode is called Stronghold

Rogue
September 28th, 2005, 09:01 AM
for anyone who is interested-the season 9 spoiler i referred to is on gateworld and the episode is called Stronghold

We can't get rid of the guy. All of the other characters, even Janet, are not mentioned at all, but his name keeps popping up.

girlgater
September 28th, 2005, 09:07 AM
We can't get rid of the guy. All of the other characters, even Janet, are not mentioned at all, but his name keeps popping up.

He is mentioned entirely too often considering their relationship is OVER.

Rogue
September 28th, 2005, 09:15 AM
He is mentioned entirely too often considering their relationship is OVER.

And you know she probably won't mention Jack at all this season.

Somnium
September 28th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Aaarrgghhh altogether too much :eek: ! More Jack please TPTB.

So has anyone here read the new Sally Malcolm book ?? I thought it was great but would love to know what others think of it.

pittsburghgirl
September 28th, 2005, 09:21 AM
oh sure she will-Major General O'Neill or General O'Neill or Sir.

sticks out tongue making rude noises

minigeek
September 28th, 2005, 09:24 AM

So has anyone here read the new Sally Malcolm book ?? I thought it was great but would love to know what others think of it.Does it have actual "ship" in it, or is it just the vague, implied sort?

scjon
September 28th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Sorry I haven't been around for a while. My nephew was killed in a car accident last week and I've neither felt like being on-line, or had the time. I'm a firm believer in prayer and have faith that his immediate family will get through this.

Later.

(((girlgater)). Very sorry to hear about your nephew.

:eek: references.....Why? Why?

LOL4JACK
September 28th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Hello, Sorry to always pop-in OT lately...

Just to give you an update, I'm currently in France and I have an appointment with the US embassy in Paris on October 12th after that if my visa is approved I will have to wait some days to get my passaport back and travel to home in the US....

Dying to get back asap so I can see the missed ep of SG-1 :D, thanks Nell!!!!!!!! I might personally go and pick them up ;) also to meet with out fellow shippers Trupi, Lynn and Sugarshaker we are pending a post-convention get together :D

Big hugs to all..... Carolina

Somnium
September 28th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Does it have actual "ship" in it, or is it just the vague, implied sort?

The latter of course but at least its there. As far as Im aware TPTB screen the books before Fandamonium can release them so they probably wont ever be any real ship if its anything like the series.

scjon
September 28th, 2005, 09:41 AM
I don't think there was any off screen conversation before that...I think it would be out of character for them to have done that, sure they seem to have avoided it at every other oppertunity.

I think you might be right about them simultaneously realising their feelings in Upgrades. I always just assumed that in D&C when Jack said 'Oh that', it was because he was well aware of his own feelings for Sam, and suspected that she felt the same, possibly only since that scene in Upgrades, but that the subject had never been broached....ya know, regs....

You're right of course.

sueKay
September 28th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Hey everyone!

fly by post...

had flick through all the new Sci fi mags that were out this week...In one, there was one comment from AT saying that while she missed working with RDA, she loved working with Ben Browder because of the 'new energy' he beings to the show (she obviously doesn't watch the show herself)

And an interview with RDA which was basically just a roundup of what he's been up to. One non-shippy quote was

"The time has finally come when it feels right in all counts to say 'bon voyage' to my stargate family"

So nothing really shippy at all...

gotta run :D

Rogue
September 28th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Hey everyone!

fly by post...

had flick through all the new Sci fi mags that were out this week...In one, there was one comment from AT saying that while she missed working with RDA, she loved working with Ben Browder because of the 'new energy' he beings to the show (she obviously doesn't watch the show herself) :D

lol, thanks for giving me a laugh.

sugarshaker
September 28th, 2005, 12:03 PM

Anybody have a good puking smilie? I wish I had one to insert here. One more mention of :eek: is two too many. How can Cam be torn between telling him or not as he really doesn't have a choice? The regulations are the regulations - right? Oh wait! No! They're only the regulations when it comes to ship. (insert sarcastic tone here). :rolleyes:

smea
September 28th, 2005, 12:12 PM
Hey everyone!

fly by post...

had flick through all the new Sci fi mags that were out this week...In one, there was one comment from AT saying that while she missed working with RDA, she loved working with Ben Browder because of the 'new energy' he beings to the show (she obviously doesn't watch the show herself)

And an interview with RDA which was basically just a roundup of what he's been up to. One non-shippy quote was

"The time has finally come when it feels right in all counts to say 'bon voyage' to my stargate family"

So nothing really shippy at all...

gotta run :D

:( That makes me feel so sad.. I love Jack, I miss him so much! So i dont know how Sam can cope.. honestly. lol.
Im really looking forward to seeing S9... in one way its because I want to see if it really is as disappointing as Im expecting it to be. I hope I wont get bored of it... and I really hope that it wont have pathetic storylines...

I always find that my favourite shows go on too long. Although I love watching new episodes and all, it always seems that Im wishing for it to just end.
A bit OT, but take Buffy. lol.. I used to be OBSESSED..like completely. But by S7 [[the last one]] I was getting real bored of it.

And I suppose S9 will show me how much the ship actually means to me. If I think about it hard, Im pretty sure that the main reason I watch SG is for Sam&Jack. Yes, I love the action and the stories and stuff... but praying and hoping that something will happen..
Thats the thing that keeps me watching.

As for that spoiler -- I thought the SG programme was supposed to be a secret... it sorta seems like world and his wife knows all about what goes on in that mountain...

Rogue
September 28th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Anybody have a good puking smilie? I wish I had one to insert here. One more mention of :eek: is two too many. How can Cam be torn between telling him or not as he really doesn't have a choice? The regulations are the regulations - right? Oh wait! No! They're only the regulations when it comes to ship. (insert sarcastic tone here). :rolleyes:

Wasn't it in Heros where the reporter says "these people earn a living by keeping secrets"(or something like that). I am sure it is a issue with people who have to keep secrets from friends and love ones, but its their job. He was the one who asked for the position at the SGC. This story line has already been done with Sam/Jacob and Sam/Pete.

stargate barbie
September 28th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Yes, and the divorce rate is nearly 50%. I can't help but believe that it would be less if people were more wise in their decisions.
yes but people are flawed, all people. and just because they make decisions like settling to marry someone that they know is not the all time love of their life, it does not make them bad people. some of the lines of conversation here lately are sounding decidedly anti carter. like its all her fault that they didn't get together and jack was the victim. before sam had pete, jack had kynthia and laira and alternate sam.
my point here is that neither of them are at fault, they've both hurt each other equally and been equally good for each other.

just because people do these things, it does not make them bad people. in my view, sam is one of the most pure, best written and least corrupt characters on television, while still being realistic. now i know that there are people here who disagree, and thats fine. its why i spend more and more time on the sam thread, to feel better.

your above comment actually helps to prove my point in a way though. 50% of marriages end in divorce because people do what sam did. so what she did is fairly normal. in a way she did the same thing jack did in a hundred days. thought she couldn't have what she wanted, so tried to settle, and started to become happy. then discovered that she could have what she wanted, was a little torn about hurting someone she had grown to love, but did the right thing for all concerned in the end.

florence
September 28th, 2005, 12:45 PM

So has anyone here read the new Sally Malcolm book ?? I thought it was great but would love to know what others think of it.
No, I still haven't got it yet... http://yelims.free.fr/Groumph/Triste10.gif
I've just sent a mail to Amazon to know if they were going to send it to me one day... :S

(((girlgater)))
All my thoughts and prayers to you and your family...

sueKay
September 28th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Oh yeah...a VERY IMPORTANT snipped I forgot to tell you all...

SPOILERS FOR RIPPLE EFFECT

AT says that both Teryl Rothery and J R Bourne appeared in the episode.

Hmm...TPTB's boot have developed a liking for shippers' teeth...

stargate barbie
September 28th, 2005, 12:55 PM
There have been two blatent pieces of bad writing with the characters of Jack and Sam. The first being Sam dating Pete way out of character in my mind. She has these trememdously strong feelings for her CO, who has on one occassion verbally admitted having feelings for her, for seven long years and I'm not just talking your run of the mill adventures, I'm talking life and death situations but suddenly she is confused about her feelings for him (Are they real?, Is he a safe bet?, Does he still have feelings for me?, Am I wasting my time? type of thing) but instead of talking to Jack about this, she decides to start fresh and date someone new and during the course of this dating, then tries a couple of times to talk to Jack and tell him how she feels about him? Sooo out of character for Carter, I never bought into this. As she said in Moebius "I tend to over think things". and yet we are to believe that she starts dating Pete on a whim and decides to marry him in what a couple of months? If she was so afraid to have "the conversation" with Jack, why is it any easier when she is engaged to someone else? yadda, yadda, yadda, I think you get my point here.
The second piece of major bad writing is at the beginning of this season when the team is split up and Sam is in research at Area 51 and taking care of Cassie and Jack is now I believe head of HomeWorld Security and they are still not in an open, no holes barred type relationship. Now come on with everything that they have been through and no regs to keep them apart we are still playing the cloak and dagger bit, still getting the "not exactly's". Why??? They are starting to make the characters unrealistic IMO.

the only thing about the pete thing that seemed out of character for me is the fact that she didn't dump the chump at the end of chimera, at the end of lost city, or at the end of affinity. she does tend to over think things. it took her seven years to decide to go on a date and actually try to get over jack, whom she had done much thinking about and couldn't see a way around her situation with him. she over thinks so much, that she even second guessed, not only his feelings for her, but also hers for him. then when the jerk asked her to marry him, it took her TWO WEEKS + of overthinking to finally say yes. and then she spent the next - um - rest of the season, overthinking before she finally made the right decision.
the thing about sams character is, she is so smart, funny, pretty, loving and all that, but she really SUCKS! at dealing with feelings and personal issues.

stargate barbie
September 28th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Oh yeah...a VERY IMPORTANT snipped I forgot to tell you all...

SPOILERS FOR RIPPLE EFFECT

AT says that both Teryl Rothery and J R Bourne appeared in the episode.

Hmm...TPTB's boot have developed a liking for shippers' teeth...
that doesn't necessarily mean a kick in the teeth for us. but where did you read that?

stargate barbie
September 28th, 2005, 12:58 PM
so, the sky one ep in the uk and ireland tonight was Window of Opportunity, yay! love that ep, very shippy. just look at how they look at one another. next week is a behind the scenes thing by the looks of it. not much hope for ship though, i'm guessing.

sueKay
September 28th, 2005, 12:59 PM
One of the Sci Fi mags...I think it may have been Cult Times (not the special) but it could have been TV Zone...I'll go find out.

Oh...there's gonna be a behind the scenes Stargate thingy on on Sky One next week True Science - Stargate SG1 - They showed a clip of Chris Judge laughing about how he never learns his lines.

sueKay
September 28th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Here's the link to the page with the issue details...no article though.

http://www.visimag.com/culttimes/c121_display.htm

stargate barbie
September 28th, 2005, 01:37 PM
ooh ooh, dan castellanetta is on everybody loves raymond right now. and this is not off topic, because he was in citizen joe, in which jack has a yellow kitchen! which is shippy! and DC is wearing a yellow sweater. extra shippy.
yellow kitchen. :D

dipsofjazz
September 28th, 2005, 01:47 PM
One of the Sci Fi mags...I think it may have been Cult Times (not the special) but it could have been TV Zone...I'll go find out.

Oh...there's gonna be a behind the scenes Stargate thingy on on Sky One next week True Science - Stargate SG1 - They showed a clip of Chris Judge laughing about how he never learns his lines.
:D If you look here (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=15996) you can get the details about next weeks show. The UK Schedule thread in the general topic forum is great for getting all the information regarding Stargate airing on all the UK channels.

girlgater
September 28th, 2005, 01:48 PM

It certainly doesn't appear that she will. :(

girlgater
September 28th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks, everybody for the kind words of sympathy on losing my nephew. You guys are simply the best! ((((shipper family))))

sg-1fanintn
September 28th, 2005, 01:59 PM
((((sg-1fanintn))))
Here's your green jello!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/limejello.jpg

Thanks, Nell! And with whipped cream too!

Let's see: Sam + Jack + whipped cream = thoughts that are inappropriate for this thread!!!! Tee-hee!

sg-1fanintn
September 28th, 2005, 02:06 PM

But so far, I think it's fun watching their relationship evolve. And what's the first big problem? In-laws! And isn't it ironic that the in-law causing the problems is another DeLuise brother?????!!!!??

waterfall
September 28th, 2005, 02:35 PM
:eek: references.....Why? Why?

Because TPTB are sadistic and know it irks the hell out of us S/J shippers.
Remember, "Pete" is a four letter word. :eek:

waterfall

waterfall
September 28th, 2005, 02:37 PM

Will this one due??

http://bestsmileys.com/puking/1.gif

:D

waterfall

Myrth
September 28th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Dropping in to talk in pictures again... :)

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewickedgrin/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/misshim.jpg

florence
September 28th, 2005, 03:01 PM

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/%7Ewickedgrin/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/misshim.jpg

Wow ! Excellent ! Green jello on the way... :D

sueKay
September 28th, 2005, 03:12 PM
(((girl gater)))

my thoughts are with you and your family.

minigeek
September 28th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Need some help guys. Shipper help. I know not all of you have accounts on the SONY forum, however there's a thread there called "Sam and Jack [ The Shipper Thread ]" that's been started, and it needs HELP to get off the ground. Right now, it's got fewer than a quarter of the posts of the (gasp) ANTI SAM JACK thread.

So I implore you guys, grab accounts over there and drop a post in the bucket? Lets not let the nay sayers grab the gold on this one hey? ;)

http://boards.sonypictures.com/boards/showthread.php?t=17479

Signing up is just like this forum. Easy and free - even if you don't stick around, just having some positive folks in there right now would be refreshing to see! Seeing threads like that is like finding a lost kitten with a broken leg - just can't let it go!

mini(the-depressed)geek

minigeek
September 28th, 2005, 04:22 PM

Myrth, that's so beautiful. Thanks for sharing! :o

Miz_Gatez
September 28th, 2005, 04:34 PM

omg that's so amazing. I actually started to tear up at it!!! :eek: :p :) :rolleyes:

stargate barbie
September 28th, 2005, 04:40 PM
thanks. just registered.

sg-1fanintn
September 28th, 2005, 04:55 PM
No fair! I want to see it! Hey.....maybe someone could burn a DVD and give it to one of the Americans who's going to GABIT. Then, we could get copies made when they get back to this side of the pond! It wouldn't be a bad thing, would it? I mean, it's not available for purchase here.....