PDA

View Full Version : Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57

Lexa Jayde
September 18th, 2005, 08:11 PM
IMO-Once again AT talks before thinking and upsetting most of her support. How could she think that saying that they "did it" and then went their separate ways, generates any respect for her character. I'm 5 years older then AT and in our day a girl who hopped in and out of beds is called something and to say that about doing this to Jack who has done nothing but support Sam-another term is hooked to her character. Only making me wish (don't kill me) that Jack gets smart and goes back to Kerry, who right now is the only one that show any concern for our beloved Jack's welfare. That a woman who knew what she wanted and when to walk away without her tail between her legs. Can this be said about Sam?

dont wrry i wont hurt you for saying that... i am a true shipper and nothing that Amanda says will ever disuade me from thinking that S/J can last :D

ses110
September 18th, 2005, 08:16 PM
trupi your right.Kerry is looking better and better.Sam is starting to pale in comparison to Kerry.IMO there is no way Kerry would put up with the BS Sam has put up with.AT can say whatever she wants but it is not helping herself or the Sam character.AT is making Sam sound like Vala and that's not a good thing.If things keep going the way there going by the Time Sam and Jack get together we may all be wishing Sam stayed with Pete and Jack with Kerry.I'am not sure anymore if Sam is even good enough for Pete.

Lexa Jayde
September 18th, 2005, 08:19 PM
trupi your right.Kerry is looking better and better.Sam is starting to pale in comparison to Kerry.IMO there is no way Kerry would put up with the BS Sam has put up with.AT can say whatever she wants but it is not helping herself or the Sam character.If things keep going the way there going by the Time Sam and Jack get together we may all be wishing Sam stayed with Pete and Jack with Kerry.I'am not sure anymore if Sam is even good enough for Pete.
my bleeding heart... this is a S/J thread people!!!!!

SG1Poz
September 18th, 2005, 08:23 PM
IMO-Once again AT talks before thinking and upsetting most of her support. How could she think that saying that they "did it" and then went their separate ways, generates any respect for her character. I'm 5 years older then AT and in our day a girl who hopped in and out of beds is called something and to say that about doing this to Jack who has done nothing but support Sam-another term is hooked to her character. Only making me wish (don't kill me) that Jack gets smart and goes back to Kerry, who right now is the only one that show any concern for our beloved Jack's welfare. That a woman who knew what she wanted and when to walk away without her tail between her legs. Can this be said about Sam?

mmmm...what she says makes it seem as though the whole 4-5 years was nothing more than sexual tension. Was it not about learning each others quirks, likes, dislikes and the ever growing love for each other over those years? So now it's get it on, marraige and a quick divorce? AT's just tired of it. :(

Poz

ses110
September 18th, 2005, 08:24 PM
I think I'am starting to understand why there is so much divorce in Hollywood.The Hollywood attitude seems to be about doing what feels good and if it does not work move on to the next person.

Lexa Jayde
September 18th, 2005, 08:28 PM
I think I'am starting to understand why there is so much divorce in Hollywood.
i am totally there with you, but, not to sound selfish, what about us... the fans... S/J shippers area huge art of the fandom... a quick one night stand is not what we are about.... :(

Buc252
September 18th, 2005, 08:28 PM
I don't think she, or Joe, or anyone else, got to pick her gynecologist. As least that was my impression. The medical profession, I thought, was completely under Ashen control.

And Sam had no reason to believe Joe was keeping anything from her until Janet examined her under the radar. If Joe had not behaved in a demanding way before this situation erupted, Sam would try to make allowances to a point, I think. Especially if she knew Joe had reason to be uneasy with her relationship with Jack. I'm not excusing Joe. I just don't feel that Sam necessarily had been treated that way by Joe in the past.

LOL! Okay, I definitely was not clear when I wrote my previous response. I threw out "gynecologist" because I was looking for something personal that she should decide for herself, not have her husband decide for her. I in no way meant this in relation to the actual episode or the Aschen.

So are you saying that you would see no problem with a husband deciding that his wife shouldn't work where she works anymore? Or should quit a group, club, or volunteer organization for her whether she wants to or not? Because that's basically what Joe did to Sam when he insisted she not be included in the big plan.

If she didn't want to argue with Joe in front of her friends and Jack, that's fine, but it's pretty apparent by the time they try to send the message that he's still calling the shots and she's still not involved in the actual sending of the note. Only at the last minute does she tell him to take a hike and do what she should have done all along.

Could the mission have been jeopardized by the fact that she wasn't part of the plan itself? Quite possibly. If they'd had an extra person in the attempt, maybe Daniel, Teal'c, and the other Jaffa would have had the time to shoot out the defense system before it killed them. I know, I know, it's a stretch. But the fact of the matter was, the success of the mission was jeopardized by her not being involved, yet she allowed Joe to decide for her that she wouldn't be.

trupi
September 18th, 2005, 08:38 PM
i am totally there with you, but, not to sound selfish, what about us... the fans... S/J shippers area huge art of the fandom... a quick one night stand is not what we are about.... :(
I guess that don't care! They know how the shipper are, and to be so hurtful :(
I guess most of the shipper family has more heart and soul then TPTB and some of the actors. They just don't realize it now as the money rolls in. Just wait until they are in the unemployment line. We'll see who has the last laugh. Especially when they start a new project-guess who will not be watching!!!!

Rogue
September 18th, 2005, 08:40 PM

Well, all I can say about the interview is thank goodness AT isn't writing the stories. I can understand her being tired of answering ship questions, but it is disappointing to think that her view of Sam and Jacks feelings for each other are so shallow.

trupi
September 18th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Well, all I can say about the interview is thank goodness AT isn't writing the stories. I can understand her being tired of answering ship questions, but it is disappointing to think that her view of Sam and Jacks feelings for each other are so shallow.
Amen to that!

nell
September 18th, 2005, 08:42 PM
LOL! Okay, I definitely was not clear when I wrote my previous response. I threw out "gynecologist" because I was looking for something personal that she should decide for herself, not have her husband decide for her. I in no way meant this in relation to the actual episode or the Aschen.

So are you saying that you would see no problem with a husband deciding that his wife shouldn't work where she works anymore? Or should quit a group, club, or volunteer organization for her whether she wants to or not? Because that's basically what Joe did to Sam when he insisted she not be included in the big plan.

If she didn't want to argue with Joe in front of her friends and Jack, that's fine, but it's pretty apparent by the time they try to send the message that he's still calling the shots and she's still not involved in the actual sending of the note. Only at the last minute does she tell him to take a hike and do what she should have done all along.

Could the mission have been jeopardized by the fact that she wasn't part of the plan itself? Quite possibly. If they'd had an extra person in the attempt, maybe Daniel, Teal'c, and the other Jaffa would have had the time to shoot out the defense system before it killed them. I know, I know, it's a stretch. But the fact of the matter was, the success of the mission was jeopardized by her not being involved, yet she allowed Joe to decide for her that she wouldn't be.

As I recollect, Joe would give the GDO to O'Neill contingent upon Jack's promise that Sam would not participate in the mission!!! Jack not Sam made the decision. She appeared to 'follow' Jack's 'order'!! Then, in the final moments, Sam disobeyed Jack's 'order' and she effectively got the message through to the SGC in the Past!!! Sam was conflicted and ambivalent!! But she came through for her team and the mission in the end!!! :D ;)

SG1Poz
September 18th, 2005, 08:51 PM
As I recollect, Joe would give the GDO to O'Neill contingent upon Jack's promise that Sam would not participate in the mission!!! Jack not Sam made the decision. She appeared to 'follow' Jack's 'order'!! Then, in the final moments, Sam disobeyed Jack's 'order' and she effectively got the message through to the SGC in the Past!!! Sam was conflicted and ambivalent!! But she came through for her team and the mission in the end!!! :D ;)

Nell you absolutely hit the nail on the head!!! She was following orders! I had forgotten about that conversation between Jack and Joe!

Poz

sg-1fanintn
September 18th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Ok.....on the latest AT article debate.....i will say it again. I think AT is just saying what fits in the new reality. RDA is gone, and many fans felt Sam's character was greatly damaged by her "personal" issues over the last two seasons. So, if AT doesn't support the ship in articles, it's a way of coming back to the center and pulling back in some of the fans who really hate her because of the last two years. It also makes her appear more open to the "new reality" of the show without RDA. Remember, we praised her many times for being the only person who publicly supported RDA last spring, when CJ, MS and TPTB were all making jokes about his age. Perhaps she was given an ultimatum after that, and told she needed to "get with the program." After all, they can now threaten her with CB.

I think through her comments at cons, she knows the ship fan base will know how she really feels. I can't believe that AT truly doesn't believe in THE SHIP. Perhaps she's known Rick so long that she can't imagine being married to him, so it doesn't seem right for Sam to her either. After all, RDA has dated many women who have probably imagined being married to him.....but he has never settled down. I'm just saying your personal perceptions about someone could affect your outlook on his character, no matter how much you care about him as a friend. Does that make any sense?

Hello shippers!!!
Couldn't come and chat with you yesterday, because they've found 3(!) unexploded bombs from WW2 near our house :S , so they had to evacuate everyone in a certain radius (including me).
And although that's normally no big deal and doesn't take longer than a few hours, it ended up taking the whole day, because one of the duds was not a normal aircraft bomb, but something else (don't ask me...) and they had to request a special instrument to defuse it.
Gosh, galaxy! That's scary! Glad it's over and everyone is ok.

Okay I have a challange for anyone who'd like to take it...

If we were to create a S/J Soundtrack - what songs should / would be on it?
After All by Peter Cetera (an oldie, but it’s perfect for them)
The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts (To me, the Stargate represents the broken road)
Memories of Us by Keith Urban
Something by James Taylor (another oldie, I know!)
Here, There & Everywhere by the Beatles (and yet, another oldie!)

Happy Birthday, Billie!
Happy Belated Birthday, Tame!

trupi
September 18th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Ok.....on the latest AT article debate.....i will say it again. I think AT is just saying what fits in the new reality. RDA is gone, and many fans felt Sam's character was greatly damaged by her "personal" issues over the last two seasons. So, for AT to not support the ship in articles is a way of coming back to the center and pulling back in some of the fans who really hate her because of the last two years. It also makes her appear more open to the "new reality" of the show without RDA. Remember, we praised her many times for being the only person who publicly supported RDA. Perhaps she was given an ultimatum after that, and told she needed to "get with the program." After all, they can now threaten her with CB.

I think through her comments at cons, she knows the ship fan base will know how she really feels. I can't believe that AT truly doesn't believe in THE SHIP. Perhaps she's known Rick so long that she can't imagine being married to him, so it doesn't seem right for Sam to her either. After all, RDA has dated many women who have probably imagined being married to him.....but he has never settled down. I'm just saying your personal perceptions about someone could affect your outlook on his character, no matter how much you care about him as a friend. Does that make any sense?

Gosh, galaxy! That's scary! Glad it's over and everyone is ok.

The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts (To me, the Stargate represents the broken road)

Happy Birthday, Billie!
Happy Belated Birthday, Tame!
You're probably right but AT knows how anal shippers are about the J/S relationship, she should say nothing about the ship on these interviews or at least say that it is not up to her how the relationship goes but TPTB. It would make us happy. However, AT does have say on how the script is written for her character (a little birdie whispered it in my ear at the convention). I know she wants to continue to work on SG-1 but these comments jeopodize her future career and make her character look shallow (and worst).

ses110
September 18th, 2005, 09:19 PM
sg-1fanintn You make some great point but it all goes back to trying to make everyone Happy.It cannot be done.I also really hope TPTB are not threating any of the Actors with sticking with the Company line.It really does not surprise me if it does happen.Some Fans will never like Sam whether Sam is with Jack or not.Some Fans will always see Sam as a threat to Daniel because Sam takes some of the spotlight away from Daniel.Some Fans see Sam getting in the way of the Jack and Daniel Friendship.At will only lose by trying to please both sides.Sometimes it's better to take a stand one way or the other.

Lexa Jayde
September 18th, 2005, 09:24 PM
sg-1fanintn You make some great point but it all goes back to trying to make everyone Happy.It cannot be done.I also really hope TPTB are not threating any of the Actors with sticking with the Company line.It really does not surprise me if it does happen.Some Fans will never like Sam whether Sam is with Jack or not.Some Fans will always see Sam as a threat to Daniel because Sam takes some of the spotlight away from Daniel.Some Fans see Sam getting in the way of the Jack and Daniel Friendship.At will only lose by trying to please both sides.Sometimes it's better to take a stand one way or the other.
i understand what you are saying there ses110... it just is a little frustrating, to me at least, to have been a shipper this long and or the actress not to believe in it, thats a little hard to accept.. but i do get the point that AT has known RDA for a long time and cant picture herself married to him....

trupi
September 18th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Couldn't have said it any better! Goodnight everyone and think nice shippy thoughts-like long time relationship, no one night stands -weddings~~~~ :D
Night!

Lexa Jayde
September 18th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Couldn't have said it any better! Goodnight everyone and think nice shippy thoughts-like long time relationship, no one night stands -weddings~~~~ :D
Night!
Goodnight Trupi!!! sweet shippy dreams

and i agree.... we want weddings!!!!

ses110
September 18th, 2005, 09:34 PM
I'am confused.Why does AT have to picture being Married to RDA?I though it was the Sam and Jack Ship not AT and RDA Ship.Goodnight everyone.

sg-1fanintn
September 18th, 2005, 10:09 PM
You're probably right but AT knows how anal shippers are about the J/S relationship, she should say nothing about the ship on these interviews or at least say that it is not up to her how the relationship goes but TPTB. It would make us happy. However, AT does have say on how the script is written for her character (a little birdie whispered it in my ear at the convention). I know she wants to continue to work on SG-1 but these comments jeopodize her future career and make her character look shallow (and worst).
I agree that it would be best to say as little as possible. These latest comments indicate she's just trying to kind of laugh it off and get away from the topic as quickly as possible. Again, I think that supports my premise that TPTB have asked her to support the new reality. I just can't forget that she was the only person who didn't make fun of RDA and Jack after his departure last spring. And remember, she was on leave when most of those comments were made.....hmmmmm.....

sg-1fanintn
September 18th, 2005, 10:14 PM
I'am confused.Why does AT have to picture being Married to RDA?I though it was the Sam and Jack Ship not AT and RDA Ship.Goodnight everyone.
I'm just saying that it might color her perceptions about a long-term relationship. I'm not sure I even believe that; it's just an idea. I used to work with a DJ who all the women loved. However, he was such a "love 'em and leave 'em" guy that I can't imagine him ever being in a long-term relationship with anyone. And he still isn't. I don't know--maybe that was an improper personal analogy for me to draw.

I still think it's more likely that all this new anti-ship stuff is a corporate thing.

gwenhwyfar
September 18th, 2005, 10:48 PM
Okay I have a challange for anyone who'd like to take it...

If we were to create a S/J Soundtrack - what songs should / would be on it?

OOh fun. i love music. And challenges.
Let me see...
You and Me-Lifehouse
I'll Stand by You-I don't know who sings it. Some person/group from the 80s or early 90s I think. It's a woman.
Come What May-That's on the Moulin Rouge soundtrack.
I think it's called If You're not the One by Daniel Bettingfield
I'm Still in Love With You-I can't remember who sings it. It's a country song.
My Confession an d When You Say You Love Me-'sigh' Josh Groban
And last (for now) but not least, Written in the Stars-Elton John and LeAnn Rimes

If there are any spelling mistakes, I'm sorry. It's late and when I'm really tired my dyslexia is really bad.

majorsal
September 18th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Maybe I'm paranoid, but sometimes I get the feeling TPTB love to push our buttons (and with "our" I mean the shipper's!!!). :S

naaw.

*waves to damian kindler* :rolleyes:

sally :)

majorsal
September 18th, 2005, 11:07 PM
spoilers for s9's fourth horseman

I was one Happy Shipper when I heard Flannery was not going to be in the episode.TPTB still managed some Sam/Orlin Ship in the episode.TPTB are not going to let a little thing like Orlin being a Boy stop them from trying to push the guest Star and Sam Ship.

can't have sam/orlin ship without an adult orlin, so they rewrote ascension to make it seem like sam and orlin had sex in *that* ep. yep, they wrote a sam/orlin shippy ep this season. makes you look at ascension totally different now, doesn't it?

and here rob cooper said all that shippy crap wouldn't be a part of stargate this season...

[/rant]

majorsal
September 18th, 2005, 11:11 PM
On the topic of Sam's "admirers," I was watching my new S4 boxed DVd set today and had sort of a revelation.

Looking back, I'm not so surprised anymore that Sam would let herself be domineered and stalked by :eek: She set up a precedent in 2010. (Cn a precedent be in the future? Well, you know what I mean.)

Her annoying and highly disrespect "husband" Joe was actually standing there making decisions for her right in front of her!! And yet she didn't say a single word.

Any self-respecting woman would have broken in, married or not, and said, "hold on a minute, this is MY decision!" To have Joe standing there treating her like a child rather than an adult who is his wife was pretty amazing.

But, maybe she has a predisposition to be that way with her men, and we've just never seen it because other than Jack - who respects her too much to treat her that way - the only men we've seen her with were *allowed* to. Specifically, Pete and Joe.

very keen observations, mary. and totally true.

majorsal
September 18th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Well, a friend of mine in the USA scanned in the Dreamwatch article for those who might wish to read it but not have it available in your market. I don't know how long it'll be online and this isn't a publicly accessible link so it probably will only be up for a few days. Here it is, anyway. Be warned, however, Amanda really is quoted as saying that Sam and Jack should ... get it on and get it over with; so they can move on with their lives seperately.

PAGE ONE:
http://dolphincry.com/stargate/atdreamwatch1005.jpg

PAGE TWO:
http://dolphincry.com/stargate/atdreamwatch1005a.jpg

PAGE THREE:
http://dolphincry.com/stargate/atdreamwatch1005b.jpg

Truly though, I wouldn't lose heart over these sorts of comments. A friend and I were (laughingly) joking the other day that there's an a Shakespearian quote from Hamlet (act 3, scene 2) which seems to apply to Amanda's quoted comments regarding Sam/Jack of late.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." ;)

.A.

thanks.

:(

well, whatever amanda's real feelings/thoughts are on this issue, i'm... just tired of hearing about it....

i like ginger rogers/fred astaire movies, and this feels like if i suddenly heard that ginger didn't like dancing with fred. and then suddenly saying she likes dancing with donald o'connor instead.

i really wish.... she'd just keep it to herself. :(

sally :/

majorsal
September 18th, 2005, 11:45 PM
(((Anunnaki))) Thanks for sharing AT's interview quote. I agree, I don't think this is anything for Shippers to be concerned about. Actors have their opinions and feelings about their characters and the storyline but in most cases they are not the writers so they cannot create, modify, or develop the story. So, for whatever reason she expresses these views, the story will be detemined by TPTB based on viewer ratings. Money!!!

no, the actors aren't writing the series (thank god, or we'd truly have the daniel jackson show), but... it was a shipper here that said something that hit home to me.

it kind of takes some of the special squee-worthy feelings away when you know one or both of the actors don't like what they're doing. it's disheartening...

i'm really not enjoying this season. i wish the show would have ended last season, and we'd be looking forward to movies or mini-series' now.

majorsal
September 19th, 2005, 12:04 AM
i understand what you are saying there ses110... it just is a little frustrating, to me at least, to have been a shipper this long and or the actress not to believe in it, thats a little hard to accept.. but i do get the point that AT has known RDA for a long time and cant picture herself married to him....

and you know, amanda's views/relationship with rda should have nothing to do with it.

if i were amanda, and they were having my character go in this direction, but i really didn't like it (for whatever the real reasons are)... i'd just blame it all on the ptb. the fans on both sides of the issue would feel for my position, but neither would blame 'me' for what's happening. and the shippers would be happy.

i really don't know how much more of this crap i can take. i'm barely holding on to this 'new and improved!' stupid show to begin with.

SuSiE_SG1
September 19th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Ok, i have officially made a Susie's Sam and Jack shipper CD. After much pondering of the question someone posted in here a few days ago i finally came up with these. You usually get like 20 songs on a CD so these are my top choices for our lovely couple. Some songs are old and some are new but they all relate back to our favourite ship!

CD Songs:

Angel - Aerosmith
Love Just Is - Hillary Duff
Your Beautiful - James Blunt
Why Don't You and I - Nickleback
Too Lost in You - Sugarbabes
Lookin' like that - Westlife
Walk along with Me - Seven and the sun
Angels - Robbie Williams
Eternal Flame - The Bangles
Never had a dream come true - S Club 7
You and Me - Lifehouse
Amazing - Josh Kelly
Mysterious Times - Sash
Without you - Busted
When i'm gone - 3 Doors Down
For You - The Calling
Unchained Melody - Gareth Gates
Hope - David Campbell
Blink, stay a little longer - Anita Spring
Crazy in Love - Beyonce

gwenhwyfar
September 19th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Ok, i have officially made a Susie's Sam and Jack shipper CD. After much pondering of the question someone posted in here a few days ago i finally came up with these. You usually get like 20 songs on a CD so these are my top choices for our lovely couple. Some songs are old and some are new but they all relate back to our favourite ship!

CD Songs:

Angel - Aerosmith
Angels - Robbie Williams
You and Me - Lifehouse
Amazing - Josh Kelly
Mysterious Times - Sash
Without you - Busted
For You - The Calling
Hope - David Campbell
Crazy in Love - Beyonce

These are good choices. I have never heard of half of these songs but they sound good.

Unchained Melody is one of my favorite songs. (We are talking about the same song right? Written by the Righteous Brothers? Made famous in Ghost?) Who is Gareth Gates?

BTW- The BEST version of the song is by these four guys from Europe (I think) who sang at the Daytime Emmy awards. I know it's not ship, but it was definitely squeee worthy!

SuSiE_SG1
September 19th, 2005, 02:37 AM
These are good choices. I have never heard of half of these songs but they sound good.

Unchained Melody is one of my favorite songs. (We are talking about the same song right? Written by the Righteous Brothers? Made famous in Ghost?) Who is Gareth Gates?

BTW- The BEST version of the song is by these four guys from Europe (I think) who sang at the Daytime Emmy awards. I know it's not ship, but it was definitely squeee worthy!

Um i think Gareth Gates remixed it, it still sounds really good though

blueiris
September 19th, 2005, 04:45 AM

I don't think this qualifies as an ordinary job/mission.

Again, I did not like Joe or approve of what he did. I can not hold disapproval of this mission against him. Particularly, knowing the type of work Sam has done with SG-1 in the past.

nickatell
September 19th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Buc252 I totally agree with you. Everytime I see that segment in 2010 I am just about yelling at the tv. I hate when TPTB play woman like that. There is just no way I could have stood there while my husband is telling my commanding officer that I can't participate in the mission. I am quite capable of deciding that for myself especially since the whole mission was my idea. Defending the country is Sams life work; she made it this far doing what she does it is her right to continue. I just think it was a way for TPTB to have a confrontation between Joe and Jack about how much they both love Sam, that came across, but I think it really just made Sam look bad.

nickatell
September 19th, 2005, 07:58 AM
I think what I have a problem with is again when I attended a Chicago convention AT was there and she said how she voiced to Robert Cooper that she didn't like the whole engagement thing, now she didn't have to tell us that, but it seemed like she wanted us to know that; so, I don't think she has a problem with speaking up but exactly what side of the fence is she on, I thought I knew. You know this Sam character is a job for AT and if it was me I would probably be behind my biggest backers because they are the ones that are paving my career and I'd keep my opinions to myself. Of course it would be easy if I agreed with my biggest supporters, but whatever keeps my job going. That being said I agree with ses that one way or another once her decision is made on which way to go with the ship, she should stick with it until the end, that way people know what to expect from her. From the beginning I remember AT saying that she didn't want Sam to get together with Jack because she would only be thought of as "Jacks girl", but since years have passed only strengthening, and building their relationship from physical attraction to friendship, trust, loyalty, respect and a mutual deep felt love for one another, I would have thought that she too would have embraced the relationship because of its depth and class. We also got to know Sam in those years and to realize that she is a strong character all on her own, only lately showing some signs of weakness as all humans do...but maybe I'm watching a different show..................

pittsburghgirl
September 19th, 2005, 08:45 AM
You know-IMHO-I just think that AT is sick of the whole thing. This relationship has consumed 8 years of her character's life. The last 2 were fairly pitiful. Maybe she just wants everyone to move on from this-RDA is gone-which means the Jack part is gone-there is really no reason for them to carry on the relationship between them. They are probably going to do what they always do-ignore past history unless it suits them-lets face it-they hinted that Orlin and Sam had a sexual relationship during their last encounter-and that isn't really even what happened.

I frankly am tired of being jerked around-and I am basically confining the Sam/Jack relationship to my fan fiction-i can take them out-play with them and put them away when I am done-and it can be what I want it to be.

The best I am hoping for this season is a good story-and frankly-it ain't happening.

Nikki
September 19th, 2005, 09:41 AM
SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." :

I completely agree with you. For so many years AT has potentially sided with shippers rather than the anti-shippers, and all of a sudden she changes her mind? Doesn't anyone else find that weird? I think that the rate that we've heard protest from AT against ship is a tiny bit suspicious - as if TPTB are trying to throw us shippers off and get us worried because after the end of season 8 a lot of the shippers were rather complacent that sam and jack would get together. So this is just another tactic to get us on the edge of our seats again - even though TPTB plan to get them together anyway.
Lets hope so right!
Anyone else think so to?

Daniel's_twin
September 19th, 2005, 09:49 AM
I don't know anymore. This is just starting to confuse me. :cool:

pittsburghgirl
September 19th, 2005, 10:04 AM
I completely agree with you. For so many years AT has potentially sided with shippers rather than the anti-shippers, and all of a sudden she changes her mind? Doesn't anyone else find that weird? I think that the rate that we've heard protest from AT against ship is a tiny bit suspicious - as if TPTB are trying to throw us shippers off and get us worried because after the end of season 8 a lot of the shippers were rather complacent that sam and jack would get together. So this is just another tactic to get us on the edge of our seats again - even though TPTB plan to get them together anyway.
Lets hope so right!
Anyone else think so to?
i wish i could go along with you-really! but i think it is just something that won't happen.

Gatetrixer
September 19th, 2005, 11:05 AM
On the topic of Sam's "admirers," I was watching my new S4 boxed DVd set today and had sort of a revelation.

Looking back, I'm not so surprised anymore that Sam would let herself be domineered and stalked by :eek: She set up a precedent in 2010. (Cn a precedent be in the future? Well, you know what I mean.)

Her annoying and highly disrespect "husband" Joe was actually standing there making decisions for her right in front of her!! And yet she didn't say a single word.

Any self-respecting woman would have broken in, married or not, and said, "hold on a minute, this is MY decision!" To have Joe standing there treating her like a child rather than an adult who is his wife was pretty amazing.

But, maybe she has a predisposition to be that way with her men, and we've just never seen it because other than Jack - who respects her too much to treat her that way - the only men we've seen her with were *allowed* to. Specifically, Pete and Joe.

I disliked what Joe said to her when she talked to him in the beginning about what those lying Aschen Drs. had said to her. He said something like he had thought they'd have several children by now. He probably didn't mean it in a hurtful way or at least thought he didn't, but a woman having problems getting pregnant does not need that kind of comment from her husband. And he turned out to by a liar by omission later in the episode.

sueKay
September 19th, 2005, 11:29 AM
I'm going to side-step the whole AT debate...

at the end of the day...this is just her opinions...I'd be MUCH more worried if she was one of the writers...

As for ship songs...

One that would have fit a few years back - 'Keep me a Secret' - don't know who it's by...

And some more...
Hopelessly Addicted - the Corrs
Even If - the Corrs

And my brain's fried...looooooong day...be back soon :)

sg-1fanintn
September 19th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Buc252 I totally agree with you. Everytime I see that segment in 2010 I am just about yelling at the tv. I hate when TPTB play woman like that. There is just no way I could have stood there while my husband is telling my commanding officer that I can't participate in the mission. I am quite capable of deciding that for myself especially since the whole mission was my idea. Defending the country is Sams life work; she made it this far doing what she does it is her right to continue. I just think it was a way for TPTB to have a confrontation between Joe and Jack about how much they both love Sam, that came across, but I think it really just made Sam look bad.
That made me angry too. I remember the bedroom scene between her and Joe, when she realized that he had been in on the infertility plot. She was so angry that I'm surprised she didn't just leave then. But, she needed Joe to get the GDO, so she couldn't. And in the scene you reference, I thought it strange that she just stood there and Joe discuss her like she was property. Thankfully, she did the right thing in the end.....or the timeline wouldn't have been restored! I guess it kinda redeemed her.....since her actions showed she preferred to die with Jack O'Neill than live with Joe Faxon.

ST-1
September 19th, 2005, 01:00 PM
I guess it kinda redeemed her.....since her actions showed she preferred to die with Jack O'Neill than live with Joe Faxon.

(((((((((((sg-1fanintn)))))))))))) Can't rep 'ya, but I totally agree! Sam could have chosen to leave well enough alone and live out her life with Joe. INSTEAD, she sacrificed herself to ensure THAT reality never happened again! :rolleyes:

Semi-OT, but I was in DE over the weekend for a wedding. I've never driven that far from home before :S , all by myself with a set of directions. The parental units wanted me to call when I reached the Del. Mem. bridge. So all the way I'm picturing an ordinary, garden-variety bridge...but looked like this ---> :eek: when I got there. The D-M is HUGE! I made the call as promised, but when mom picked up the phone the first words out of my mouth were, "This is a BIG HONKIN' bridge!"

Yep. :rolleyes: Stargate has officially overwritten parts of my brain. :P

sg-1fanintn
September 19th, 2005, 01:10 PM
(((((((((((sg-1fanintn)))))))))))) Can't rep 'ya, but I totally agree! Sam could have chosen to leave well enough alone and live out her life with Joe. INSTEAD, she sacrificed herself to ensure THAT reality never happened again! :rolleyes:

Semi-OT, but I was in DE over the weekend for a wedding. I've never driven that far from home before :S , all by myself with a set of directions. The parental units wanted me to call when I reached the Del. Mem. bridge. So all the way I'm picturing an ordinary, garden-variety bridge...but looked like this ---> :eek: when I got there. The D-M is HUGE! I made the call as promised, but when mom picked up the phone the first words out of my mouth were, "This is a BIG HONKIN' bridge!"

Yep. :rolleyes: Stargate has officially overwritten parts of my brain. :P

Tee-hee! That's happened to all of us, at one time (or two or three....) or another. I trust you made it across the bridge and had a big honkin' time!

minigeek
September 19th, 2005, 02:22 PM
FANFIC Recommendation!

Ok. She's a personal friend of mine, so I reserve the right to plug her awesome writing incessantly! :)

Anunnaki's "Missing Something" series. Fills in some of the season nine gaps with Sam and Jack. Some of it's really hot and some of it's totally PG. But it's so worth a read if you haven't already! She keeps Sam strong and in character, I like that.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2544475/1/

Mini(geek)

sueKay
September 19th, 2005, 02:39 PM
M.G - Is she an RL friend of yours?????

stargate barbie
September 19th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Well, a friend of mine in the USA scanned in the Dreamwatch article for those who might wish to read it but not have it available in your market. I don't know how long it'll be online and this isn't a publicly accessible link so it probably will only be up for a few days. Here it is, anyway. Be warned, however, Amanda really is quoted as saying that Sam and Jack should ... get it on and get it over with; so they can move on with their lives seperately.

PAGE ONE:
http://dolphincry.com/stargate/atdreamwatch1005.jpg

PAGE TWO:
http://dolphincry.com/stargate/atdreamwatch1005a.jpg

PAGE THREE:
http://dolphincry.com/stargate/atdreamwatch1005b.jpg

Truly though, I wouldn't lose heart over these sorts of comments. A friend and I were (laughingly) joking the other day that there's an a Shakespearian quote from Hamlet (act 3, scene 2) which seems to apply to Amanda's quoted comments regarding Sam/Jack of late.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." ;)

.A.
thanks for the links, haven't read them yet, but i will.

i still have severe doubts as to amanda's supposedly (and sudden) decision that s/j shouldn't be. she has pretty much been in favour of it under the condition that it not become the sole focus of her character all along. she has, as far as i've seen, been more often positive about the ship than negative. so while she might get quoted on occation as being opposed to the whole thing, i don't think that these interviews reflect her true feelings. of course it could be that up until now she has been misquoted or taken out of context or whatever, and now were seeing her true opinions, or perhaps her opinions have changed in recent times, but i'm not so sure.

she never seems to react negatively to this stuff in convention footage i've seen, even the recent stuff.

i just don't trust these interview articles. i think they can edit and manipulate anything they want in any way they want too easily if they think they'll sell more from it.

sorry to anyone who writes for one of these things, and do correct me and shatter all my dreams if i'm wrong.

sg-1fanintn
September 19th, 2005, 02:57 PM
All right. We've been pretty bummed around here since word of the Dreamwatch article got around. In hopes of improving the spirits of the Ship Family, I present:

A Sam & Jack Story by SG-1fanintn:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/1a.jpg

Sam, what’s this I hear about you dissing OUR SHIP??????

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/2.jpg

Oh, uh, hi, Sir. Well, you were gone, and TPTB said……

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/2a.jpg

TPTB?!? For cryin’ out loud, Sam, how many times have I told you?
Never, ever listen to those guys! They’re just here to upset our Shippers!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/2b.jpg

Oh, gee, Jack—you’re right. I was weak. You know what people are
always saying about me…..

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/2c.jpg

Sam, you really know how to hurt a guy……

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/2d.jpg

If it makes a difference, Jack, they tied me up and gagged me
and threatened to give Vala all my lines if I didn’t cooperate…..

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/3.jpg

Well, since you put it that way, I’ll let you make it up to me.
There must be SOME WAY you can do that…..thinking now……

Lexa Jayde
September 19th, 2005, 02:59 PM
thanks for the links, haven't read them yet, but i will.

i still have severe doubts as to amanda's supposedly (and sudden) decision that s/j shouldn't be. she has pretty much been in favour of it under the condition that it not become the sole focus of her character all along. she has, as far as i've seen, been more often positive about the ship than negative. so while she might get quoted on occation as being opposed to the whole thing, i don't think that these interviews reflect her true feelings. of course it could be that up until now she has been misquoted or taken out of context or whatever, and now were seeing her true opinions, or perhaps her opinions have changed in recent times, but i'm not so sure.

she never seems to react negatively to this stuff in convention footage i've seen, even the recent stuff.

i just don't trust these interview articles. i think they can edit and manipulate anything they want in any way they want too easily if they think they'll sell more from it.

sorry to anyone who writes for one of these things, and do correct me and shatter all my dreams if i'm wrong.

i think that you may be riht there... i had always thought that Amanda was pro-S/J, but i have had some doubt.... ie this interview.... but still, tryin t stay positive.. yep, thats me... positive

florence
September 19th, 2005, 03:06 PM
All right. We've been pretty bummed around here since word of the Dreamwatch article got around. In hopes of improving the spirits of the Ship Family, I present:

<snip>

LOL ! Excellent ! :D
I wanted to give you some green jello but I have to spread it around first...

stargate barbie
September 19th, 2005, 03:11 PM
i think that you may be riht there... i had always thought that Amanda was pro-S/J, but i have had some doubt.... ie this interview.... but still, tryin t stay positive.. yep, thats me... positive
ya know, i'm willing to make a slight wager here that AT doesn't give nearly as much consideration to this whole this as we do. so she probably just likes to play around with different senarios, and sometimes she might just say whatever pops into her fron.

there has been the odd occassion, i.e the "jacks girl" comment from fairly early on, and the beginning of the potato age, but each of these have been fleeting, and the majority of reports i've heard have been along the lines of, at the end of the show they'll go fishing and have babies. or ooh look how they look at each other here, etc.

if she's changed her mind, or is going through a non shippy phase i'll totally respect that, cos she's on the inside, and she only wants what she thinks is good for character right now. hey i went through a brief troi/worf phase, so who am i to judge.
let he who is without sin... um... do something with a brick or somethin'?

now who has something nice to say!?! where's my positive shiplets? hhmm? c'mon!
remember how they looked at each other in evolution? wasn't that great?

gatebee
September 19th, 2005, 03:12 PM

that is awesome .... I had to delurk ....just what we need to keep our humor and spirits up ....

Rogue
September 19th, 2005, 03:13 PM

LOL! You really cheered me up!

stargate barbie
September 19th, 2005, 03:14 PM
SG1-FANINTN: couldn't green ya, but i think thats the best one of those screencap stories i've seen so far.

niice.

sg-1fanintn
September 19th, 2005, 03:20 PM
FANFIC Recommendation!

Ok. She's a personal friend of mine, so I reserve the right to plug her awesome writing incessantly! :)

Anunnaki's "Missing Something" series. Fills in some of the season nine gaps with Sam and Jack. Some of it's really hot and some of it's totally PG. But it's so worth a read if you haven't already! She keeps Sam strong and in character, I like that.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2544475/1/

Mini(geek)
Squeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Is it finished now? I got through Part 2 and almost went mad because it wasn't complete!

minigeek
September 19th, 2005, 03:21 PM
M.G - Is she an RL friend of yours?????

Yes, sueKay, we work together often.

dipsofjazz
September 19th, 2005, 03:22 PM

<snip>
:D ROFL!!! This is great. After reading Amanda's interview I needed cheering up, and this did just that. Thanks. :D

minigeek
September 19th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Squeeeeeee!!!!!!!! Is it finished now? I got through Part 2 and almost went mad because it wasn't complete!

I don't know if it's ever going to be over; it's at 15 chapters now. Most of them are like sequential mini-stories. The last five are a bit different. But I think it's at a happy place now. ;)

Mini(geeeeeeek)

minigeek
September 19th, 2005, 03:27 PM

A Sam & Jack Story by SG-1fanintn: That's hilarious! It let me green you, too, which was nice. Awesome work! :D

Mini(geek)

sg-1fanintn
September 19th, 2005, 03:40 PM
I don't know if it's ever going to be over; it's at 15 chapters now. Most of them are like sequential mini-stories. The last five are a bit different. But I think it's at a happy place now. ;)

Mini(geeeeeeek)
So, we're both at a happy place today, which is good.....and a definite improvement over the last few days!

I sometimes make photo stories, but Billie and Nell make them too. You should try it sometime!

Due to a quirk of fate, I had to work from home today, so without my afternoon commute, I had 30 extra minutes. I used it to make a photo story.

I'm watching 1969 on Skiffy now. Such a fun ep!

parsifal
September 19th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Credit to Susan on the S/J list:

Atlantis S2 "Grace under Pressure"
"Tapping's character, ace scientist and kick-butt soldier Samantha Carter, will
pop up in a January episode of sister show Stargate: Atlantis. Look for Carter to appear when bumbling science nerd Rodney McKay (David Hewlett) conjures up his old foil to help him escape from a sinking puddle jumper. "Basically, I appear as a hallucination ... I'm not really there," Tapping explains. Her favorite part of the shoot? Reviving the snarky relationship between Carter and McKay. "They genuinely like each other, but they're so competitive. It's almost like a sibling rivalry thing with a little bit of sexual tension thrown in."

Another terrible quote from Amanda. Since when does Sam genuinely like him? Doesn't 'sexual tension' require the attraction to go both ways?

Please, for the love of anything good left in the SG-1 universe, don't have them flirt, kiss, etc.

sueKay
September 19th, 2005, 03:49 PM
SG1-Fanintn - BRILLIANT!!!!!!

I've got a big launch later...a little project I've been working as part of my website's expansion...I may be putting a new site up later...

I'll give ya'll a little spoiler for it...

It's called...

Stargate: Arpegia

sg-1fanintn
September 19th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Gee, you guys are too kind! It's just a few piccies strung together with a little prose. We just needed a laugh, I thought.....but thanks for the kind words!

dipsofjazz
September 19th, 2005, 03:51 PM

pop up in a January episode of sister show Stargate: Atlantis. Look for Carter to appear when bumbling science nerd Rodney McKay (David Hewlett) conjures up his old foil to help him escape from a sinking puddle jumper. "Basically, I appear as a hallucination ... I'm not really there," Tapping explains. Her favorite part of the shoot? Reviving the snarky relationship between Carter and McKay. "They genuinely like each other, but they're so competitive. It's almost like a sibling rivalry thing with a little bit of sexual tension thrown in."

Another terrible quote from Amanda. Since when does Sam genuinely like him? Doesn't 'sexual tension' require the attraction to go both ways?

Please, for the love of anything good left in the SG-1 universe, don't have them flirt, kiss, etc.
There's a thread about this in the news section of the forum here. (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17631) It has pictures. Edited to add that it has spoilers for an Atlantis S2 episode.

parsifal
September 19th, 2005, 03:55 PM
There's a thread about this in the news section of the forum here. (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=17631) It has pictures.

Thanks for the link. Now I know it's not going to be good.

dipsofjazz
September 19th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the link. Now I know it's not going to be good.
:D We've nothing to worry about, as she appears as a hallucination.

galaxy
September 19th, 2005, 04:00 PM

Well, she DID say that she was attracted to him, but I wouldn't be worried about that....come on, that's McKay! :rolleyes:
And she is just a hallucination, so whatever they do, it's not real.

On the other hand...
....this whole "trapped in a spaceship/puddlejumper- hallucination" -thing reminds me ALOT of "Grace"!
And the title of this Atlantis-episode is "Grace under pressure"!
Is that intention or coincidence? :S

sueKay
September 19th, 2005, 04:02 PM
hmm...

A SWIFT...TPTB...KICK IN THE BUTT...NEED

rearrange this statement.

dipsofjazz
September 19th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Well, she DID say that she was attracted to him, but I wouldn't be worried about that....come on, that's McKay! :rolleyes:
And she is just a hallucination, so whatever they do, it's not real.

On the other hand...
....this whole "trapped in a spaceship/puddlejumper- hallucination" -thing reminds me ALOT of "Grace"!
And the title of this Atlantis-episode is "Grace under pressure"!
Is that intention or coincidence? :S
Even though it's like 'Grace', it's Rodney's hallucination, and not Sams or Jacks...thank goodness!

parsifal
September 19th, 2005, 04:03 PM

Presumably she's still in character. I don't want to watch Carter flirt/kiss/whatever with McKay. If she sticks to insults, fine, but I never saw their interactions as anything friendly. I'm so tired of the 'anybody-but-Jack' mentality.

sg-1fanintn
September 19th, 2005, 04:10 PM

Well, I'd say there could be a kiss, since this is going to be Rodney's fantasy. Come on! It'll be fun! Rodney has always had a crush on Sam, and she finds him totally irritating!

minigeek
pop up in a January episode of sister show Stargate: Atlantis. Look for Carter to appear when bumbling science nerd Rodney McKay (David Hewlett) conjures up his old foil to help him escape from a sinking puddle jumper. "Basically, I appear as a hallucination ... I'm not really there," Tapping explains. <SNIP> Please, for the love of anything good left in the SG-1 universe, don't have them flirt, kiss, etc.

LOL Aw, c'mon, that's the only Sam Carter action McKay's ever gonna get. Give the man his frickin' daydream. :p

(...still laughing at the idea of David Hewlett, the sex symbol! Tee hee!)

Her favorite part of the shoot? Reviving the snarky relationship between Carter and McKay. "They genuinely like each other, but they're so competitive. It's almost like a sibling rivalry thing with a little bit of sexual tension thrown in."

Zoiks. Somehow I don't think that came out exactly right! Sibling sexual tension? Yeowee. Poor Amanda. She's quoted as saying Sam should 'get it on and get it over' with O'Neill, and she thinks all the guys she plays against are so sexy. I'm not so sure she's really trying to introduce the world to sex-pot Sam. But I do think a lot of interviewers are having a bit of a field day at her expense.

Mini(geek) :p

dipsofjazz
Presumably she's still in character. I don't want to watch Carter flirt/kiss/whatever with McKay. If she sticks to insults, fine, but I never saw their interactions as anything friendly. I'm so tired of the 'anybody-but-Jack' mentality.
Oh I'm so with you there. It's okay for all the other characters to have ship, and it's okay for all the men to hit on Sam, but we don't even get a confirmation that our couple are together....never mind a kiss! :(

sueKay
September 19th, 2005, 04:11 PM
I think if it's a daydream like, say...one of felgers...it'd be okay I guess...

*thinks back to the end of Avenger 2.0*

LOL

sg-1fanintn
September 19th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Zoiks. Somehow I don't think that came out exactly right! Sibling sexual tension? Yeowee. Poor Amanda. She's quoted as saying Sam should 'get it on and get it over' with O'Neill, and she thinks all the guys she plays against are so sexy. I'm not so sure she's really trying to introduce the world to sex-pot Sam. But I do think a lot of interviewers are having a bit of a field day at her expense.

Mini(geek) :p
I'm tellin' you.....there's something going on here. I think it's TPTB getting Amanda to do make some positioning statements for them.

stargate barbie
September 19th, 2005, 04:35 PM

i actually quite like this quote. i think they do genuinely like each other, just not enough to actually be friends. i think by the time mckay had gone off to atlantis they had developed a respect for each other. and their is a bit of sexual tension in there too, because he wants her and she's tense about it.

and if they were to kiss in that episode i imagine i would find it funny rather than be put off or insulted, because she is his hallucination. and he has the hots for her of course i do not expect to see any good s/j shippy references, but i like mckay, and i like how he and sam p!$$ each other off, and i for one am looking forward to this episode.

ses110
September 19th, 2005, 04:45 PM
I get the feeling Sam genuinely likes everyone.Sam really needs to stop being the Mother Teresa of the SGC.IMO as far as Rodney, let Rodney have dreams about someone on Atlantis.Rodney and Barrett need to let it go with Sam.Rodney and Barrett need help.I wonder if the Ori or Wraith are busy? I just cannot understand Sam.The worse these Guys treat Sam the more Sam likes them.Rodney treated Sam like Dirt.I think Jack has been going about it the wrong way with treating Sam so well.Sam and Jack may be Married by now if Jack was lousy to Sam.

ses110
September 19th, 2005, 04:55 PM
stargate barbie I respectfully dissgree.I'am going to stay as far away as possible from Grace Under Pressure.It will be easy since I do not watch Atlantis.I will be shocked if there is no Sam and Rodney Kiss.If I ever saw a Sam and Rodney Kiss I would be finnished as a Sam and Jack Shipper.Even if it's just a Dream.I cannot stand Rodney.I have no problem with the Actor.Just the Character.It's bad enough we have all these guest character on SG-1 falling for Sam,we do not need anyone from Atlantis.Sam has enough attention.Maybe having Vala back is not such a bad idea.The guest character can just fall for Vala instead of Sam.

Cathain Nottingham
September 19th, 2005, 04:56 PM

Cathain Nottingham
September 19th, 2005, 04:58 PM
OOh fun. i love music. And challenges.
Let me see...
You and Me-Lifehouse
I'll Stand by You-I don't know who sings it. Some person/group from the 80s or early 90s I think. It's a woman.
Come What May-That's on the Moulin Rouge soundtrack.
I think it's called If You're not the One by Daniel Bettingfield
I'm Still in Love With You-I can't remember who sings it. It's a country song.
My Confession an d When You Say You Love Me-'sigh' Josh Groban
And last (for now) but not least, Written in the Stars-Elton John and LeAnn Rimes

If there are any spelling mistakes, I'm sorry. It's late and when I'm really tired my dyslexia is really bad.

Thank you! Oh I love I'll Stand by You - reminds me of Jonah / Thera :D

stargate barbie
September 19th, 2005, 04:58 PM
I get the feeling Sam genuinely likes everyone.Sam really needs to stop being the Mother Teresa of the SGC.IMO as far as Rodney, let Rodney have dreams about someone on Atlantis.Rodney and Barrett need to let it go with Sam.Rodney and Barrett need help.I wonder if the Ori or Wraith are busy? I just cannot understand Sam.The worse these Guys treat Sam the more Sam likes them.Rodney treated Sam like Dirt.I think Jack has been going about it the wrong way with treating Sam so well.Sam and Jack may be Married by now if Jack was lousy to Sam.
whats so wrong about being mother theresa-like? sam is a genuinely wonderful person. the reason she and jack were apart for so long had nothing to do with the fact that jack was nice to her, and everything to do with the fact that the both had too much respect and honour for each other and the institution to which they had dedicated their lives before they ever even met.
sam has been just as nice to jack as he has been to her.
and neither mckay nor barrett are bad people, nor have they mistreated sam so harshly (mckay) that they do not deserve to be given a chance. pete did. but i think we all know my opinions on that by now.
sam is human, and she makes bad choices from time to time in matters of the heart.
she tried to move on, to see if she might possibly be able to get past jack, and she couldn't. she tried to do that with a jerk, but she was entitled to try.
need we be reminded that jack did it first. more than once.

i don't want you to feel that i'm picking on you, or singling you out here or anything, i know this might seem like a rant specifically at you, but it is not. you just happen to have made a post that i disagree with, and i'm voicing my opinions. sorry if it sounds bad. but i had to say it.
i mean no disrespect to you or your opinions.

Cathain Nottingham
September 19th, 2005, 05:00 PM

CD Songs:

Angel - Aerosmith
Angels - Robbie Williams
You and Me - Lifehouse
Amazing - Josh Kelly
Mysterious Times - Sash
Without you - Busted
For You - The Calling
Hope - David Campbell
Crazy in Love - Beyonce

Idea stealer ;)

nell
September 19th, 2005, 05:02 PM

(((((sg-1fanintn)))))

:D :D :D THIS IS HILARIOUS!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

You are soooooooo cool!!!! :cool:

Cathain Nottingham
September 19th, 2005, 05:02 PM
I'm going to side-step the whole AT debate...

at the end of the day...this is just her opinions...I'd be MUCH more worried if she was one of the writers...

As for ship songs...

One that would have fit a few years back - 'Keep me a Secret' - don't know who it's by...

And some more...
Hopelessly Addicted - the Corrs
Even If - the Corrs

And my brain's fried...looooooong day...be back soon :)

Oooh I like :D

Cathain Nottingham
September 19th, 2005, 05:04 PM
SG1-Fanintn - BRILLIANT!!!!!!

I've got a big launch later...a little project I've been working as part of my website's expansion...I may be putting a new site up later...

I'll give ya'll a little spoiler for it...

It's called...

Stargate: Arpegia

Oooh I think I know! Do you have more planned out now?

ses110
September 19th, 2005, 05:16 PM
No problem.I was kidding about Jack treating Sam so well.Rodney and Barrett are not Bad people they just need to realize they have no Shot with Sam and try to find other Women.I just have had enough of the whole Galaxy falling for Sam.It gets to be a little much after 9 Years.I just want to see more of the Tough Sam from earlier Seasons.I want Sam to not be afraid to be firm with someone and to stop trying to please everyone.IMO Sam has lost that spark the last couple of Years.

galaxy
September 19th, 2005, 05:27 PM
stargate barbie I respectfully dissgree.I'am going to stay as far away as possible from Grace Under Pressure.It will be easy since I do not watch Atlantis.I will be shocked if there is no Sam and Rodney Kiss.If I ever saw a Sam and Rodney Kiss I would be finnished as a Sam and Jack Shipper.Even if it's just a Dream.I cannot stand Rodney.I have no problem with the Actor.Just the Character.It's bad enough we have all these guest character on SG-1 falling for Sam,we do not need anyone from Atlantis.Sam has enough attention.Maybe having Vala back is not such a bad idea.The guest character can just fall for Vala instead of Sam.

Unfortunately I think that's exactly what will happen, Ses. After thinking about it I'm pretty sure now, that this is not coincidence. It sounds too much like Grace and I think Sam will have the same role as Sam's hallucinations in Grace. She will help him to find a way out and...yeah...I think McKay will also imagine them kissing.

Personally I don't mind that, because I really like McKay and never saw him as a threat to the Sam/Jack ship. Like stargate barbie, I'm actually looking forward to this ep, because I always loved the Sam/McKay interaction. Their banter was funny as hell. And since she is just in McKay's mind, that really doesn't bother me.
But I can totally understand that some shippers are annoyed by that.
It's really like a slap in the face for shippers that they take this "shippy" episode and do the same on Atlantis with McKay and Sam.
And Jack and Sam still haven't kissed. :(
But all the years of shipper frustration and especially season 9 have really hardened me!
There is not much TPTB can shock me with anymore. :p :D

stargate barbie
September 19th, 2005, 05:35 PM
No problem.I was kidding about Jack treating Sam so well.Rodney and Barrett are not Bad people they just need to realize they have no Shot with Sam and try to find other Women.I just have had enough of the whole Galaxy falling for Sam.It gets to be a little much after 9 Years.I just want to see more of the Tough Sam from earlier Seasons.I want Sam to not be afraid to be firm with someone and to stop trying to please everyone.IMO Sam has lost that spark the last couple of Years.
i get that, personally i was very greatful that alec colson didn't have the hots for her. but i don't fault her for trying to please everyone, i do that.... although come to think of it, maybe that's what's wrong with me!

and hey as for rod & mal getting over her, i do think they should, but i appreciate very much the fact that barrett hadn't yet, because it gave me a happy mushy feeling when i heard about the line. and from rodney's point, its of comedic value. i appreciate this because i find it impossible to write anything that isn't comedy, or at the very least quirky. i like rodneys character, because he's a jerk, but not a bad guy. and sam is his eternal torment, he's jealous of her, but also attracted to her.
however if another guy comes along with an obvious crush on sam, and he's not there for the pure sam/jack are together exposition i'll not be a happy bunny.

but ya gotta admit you can understand how they are almost all attracted to her. if i were a gay woman or a straight guy i would be too. i'd love to be like sam. and the fact that i'd be with jack if i were is only part of it! i swear! ;)

gatebee
September 19th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Gee, you guys are too kind! It's just a few piccies strung together with a little prose. We just needed a laugh, I thought.....but thanks for the kind words!
I guess we all needed cheering up and your pictorial just hit the mark. :D

gatebee
September 19th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Oh before I forget since I am so seldom here ....

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY TO TAME AND BILLIE

and CONGRATULATIONS to all the MILESTONE

gatebee
September 19th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Ok, as for Sam going over to SGA. I am not worried. I know that Sam and Jack are living together. If you saw Sam's reaction Orlin saying he still had feelings. You could tell that Sam was so into Jack.

nell
September 19th, 2005, 05:51 PM
((((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))

I just caught up reading posts since this a.m.!!! Ya know it is sooo heartening to see how kind, respectful and supportive everyone is towards one another even when we are sorely tested by TPTB and voice strong and different opinions!!! :) ;)

NEWS FLASH!!!! LOL4JACK emailed me again today from Barcelona, Spain. She was robbed while in her car at a red light. A couple of men broke into the car and stole her bag containing every piece of identification from passport to visa to driver's license, her credit cards, cash, Ipod, and medicine. She is getting assistance from her employer in the States to make new identification and the consulate or embassy is assisting, too. Her brother lives in Spain so I am hopeful that she has a place to stay. She has surprisingly good spirits after all this misfortune!!!

Cathain Nottingham
September 19th, 2005, 06:00 PM

NEWS FLASH!!!! LOL4JACK emailed me again today from Barcelona, Spain. She was robbed while in her car at a red light. A couple of men broke into the car and stole her bag containing every piece of identification from passport to visa to driver's license, her credit cards, cash, Ipod, and medicine. She is getting assistance from her employer in the States to make new identification and the consulate or embassy is assisting, too. Her brother lives in Spain so I am hopeful that she has a place to stay. She has surprisingly good spirits after all this misfortune!!!

OMG! Well tell her we're thinking about her!

nell
September 19th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Ok, as for Sam going over to SGA. I am not worried. I know that Sam and Jack are living together. If you saw Sam's reaction Orlin saying he still had feelings. You could tell that Sam was so into Jack.

Absolutely!!!! In Ex Deus Machina when Sam replied to Agent Barrett's question with, "Not exactly." that meant EXACTLY that Sam and Jack are together!!!!! Am I frustrated that our Ship bones have been limited to two-word phrases?

:cool: Origins episode: Jack says, .....the motorcycle...."
:p Ex Deus Machina: Sam says "Not exactly."
:rolleyes: Babylon: Sam says "Ya think?"

YES, I AM FRUSTRATED!!!!

But, I cope with the knowledge that I got those three bones to gnaw on and hope for more!!!

gatebee
September 19th, 2005, 06:05 PM

I just caught up reading posts since this a.m.!!! Ya know it is sooo heartening to see how kind, respectful and supportive everyone is towards one another even when we are sorely tested by TPTB and voice strong and different opinions!!! :) ;)

wow that is bad.... Please send her shippy thought from me ...

ses110
September 19th, 2005, 06:09 PM
I'am a Sam and Jack Shipper not a Sam and the rest of the Galaxy Shipper.Rodney has 2 other Women he can Dream about on Atlantis.It's just fustrating that the whole Galaxy gets to have fun and it's 9 Years latter where still waiting for a Sam and Jack resolution or a real Kiss.I think a combination of all these interviews and all the guest Stars have tried my patience.I can understand Guys falling for Sam.I would fall for Sam as well.I just think enough is enough.It makes the guest Stars and Sam look bad when it's the same pattern over and over.

sg-1fanintn
September 19th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Good to see you here, gatebee! This is what I've been telling them since Friday. Maybe they'll believe you.

As to Rodney and his hallucination ep, I don't know what there is to upset anyone. It'll be a fun ep. And Rodney is such a geek! He's read every report ever written by an SG team. Certainly, he knows what happened to Sam in Grace, and he'll decide if she could get herself out of a mess, he can too. I bet the title, Grace Under Pressure, relates to Rodney's nervousness.....and he will probably be much more frantic in his emergency situation than Sam was in hers. Maybe Imaginary Sam will get snarky with him a little too! After all, his conscious mind has to expect some backtalk from her--it's the essence of their relationship!

Still hopin' for RDA and a canon BHK at the end of S9!!!!!

scjon
September 19th, 2005, 06:24 PM

This is so great. Just the sort of thing to cheer us all up.

gatebee
September 19th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Good to see you here, gatebee! This is what I've been telling them since Friday. Maybe they'll believe you.

As to Rodney and his hallucination ep, I don't know what there is to upset anyone. It'll be a fun ep. And Rodney is such a geek! He's read every report ever written by an SG team. Certainly, he knows what happened to Sam in Grace, and he'll decide if she could get herself out of a mess, he can too. I bet the title, Grace Under Pressure, relates to Rodney's nervousness.....and he will probably be much more frantic in his emergency situation than Sam was in hers. Maybe Imaginary Sam will get snarky with him a little too! After all, his conscious mind has to expect some backtalk from her--it's the essence of their relationship!

Sorry to be missing in action. I haven't stopped shipping. It is just for me going to GW makes my computer go very slow. So I hang around alot more at SI.
Just to give everyone the true reason of our ship
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/ship/PDVD_014.jpg

Gatetrixer
September 19th, 2005, 06:56 PM

Well, if they'd better not do a "Threads Unraveled" or some other sort of takeoff of a shippy episode. One's enough. I think one of the main things that's upsetting shippers about this is: that imaginary S/J kiss is so hot-- it's what we want to see for real for them as the BHK and they're maybe gonna have fun with it. Grrr

Gatetrixer
September 19th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Rodney is one reason I quit watching SGA. I know they say he's mellowed, but I just couldn't watched him week after week. A guest star every so often is okay.

Sorry to hear about LOL4Jack.

ChevronSeven
September 19th, 2005, 07:04 PM
Think about it this way:

Rodney's been in Atlantis for a year. When he returned to Earth earlier this season, Sam was heading up R&D and they never saw each other. So Rodney doesn't know that Sam and Jack are together. So his fantasies would have Carter being flirty with him.

See? Piece of cake!

sg-1fanintn
September 19th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Well, if they'd better not do a "Threads Unraveled" or some other sort of takeoff of a shippy episode. One's enough. I think one of the main things that's upsetting shippers about this is: that imaginary S/J kiss is so hot-- it's what we want to see for real for them as the BHK and they're maybe gonna have fun with it. Grrr
Honey, if they ever do "Threads Unraveled," (shudder!!!), we'll get the ole shipper bus and head for Vancouver to raise.....well, raise something that will make them think again! I'll drive!

majorsal
September 19th, 2005, 07:52 PM

doesn't matter, it's still showing sam/other.

so, this season, we have no sam/jack basically, but we have sam/orlin and sam/mckay.

the writers obviously love the s/j shippers.

sally

majorsal
September 19th, 2005, 08:05 PM
I'm tellin' you.....there's something going on here. I think it's TPTB getting Amanda to do make some positioning statements for them.

i think something's going on too. payback to the shippers for not loving the so-called 'resolution' to sam and jack.

sally

ses110
September 19th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Thank You Sally.You get it.How come it seems to be ok with certain Actors and TPTB when it's Sam/other?We hear no complains.When the talk is Sam/Jack everyone comes out of the Woodwork to take Shots.The Sky is falling when the Talk is Sam/Jack.If some Shippers are ok with Sam/Rodney in the epsiode that's fine.9 Years of Sam/other is 9 Years too many for me.I hope TPTB are nice enough to let us know when it's Jack turn after Sam is done being passed around the galaxy.

gwenhwyfar
September 19th, 2005, 08:15 PM

GREAT! Really great!

Cathain-I have two more songs to add.
This Kiss-Faith Hill
Forever and For Always-Shania Twain

stargate barbie
September 19th, 2005, 08:18 PM
i think something's going on too. payback to the shippers for not loving the so-called 'resolution' to sam and jack.

sally
personally i loved it.

majorsal
September 19th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Thank You Sally.You get it.How come it seems to be ok with certain Actors and TPTB when it's Sam/other?We hear no complains.When the talk is Sam/Jack everyone comes out of the Woodwork to take Shots.The Sky is falling when the Talk is Sam/Jack.If some Shippers are ok with Sam/Rodney in the epsiode that's fine.9 Years of Sam/other is 9 Years too many for me.I hope TPTB are nice enough to let us know when it's Jack turn after Sam is done being passed around the galaxy.

i can't green you. well said, ses.

sally

Cathain Nottingham
September 19th, 2005, 08:47 PM
GREAT! Really great!

Cathain-I have two more songs to add.
This Kiss-Faith Hill
Forever and For Always-Shania Twain

Oooh good ones :D *adding to the list*

ses110
September 19th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Thanks Sally.TPTB and the Actors though Sam and Jack were the problem when it's been Sam/other that has been the problem all along.Sam/other has caused more problems than Sam/Jack ever could.It does not matter if Sam shows no interest or it's just a Dream.TPTB are still using the Sam character as a Sex object for the Male guest Star of the Week and the Sam character should never be used in that way.There's enough trashy characters on TV without dragging Sam down to that level.TPTB should known there characters and Show better than that.

gwenhwyfar
September 19th, 2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks Sally.TPTB and the Actors though Sam and Jack were the problem when it's been Sam/other that has been the problem all along.Sam/other has caused more problems than Sam/Jack ever could.It does not matter if Sam shows no interest or it's just a Dream.TPTB are still using the Sam character as a Sex object for the Male guest Star of the Week and the Sam character should never be used in that way.There's enough trashy characters on TV without dragging Sam down to that level.TPTB should known there characters and Show better than that.

'claps' Well said!!
I'm not going to add to this whole debate but I just had to applaude that!

Lexa Jayde
September 20th, 2005, 02:01 AM
sam and jack sittin on a pier f-i-s-h-i-n-g

Rogue
September 20th, 2005, 05:28 AM

Yep and they are rewriting what happen in previous eps to sex up the show. I hated it when they hinted that Sam and Orlin had sex. Thats not what happend, but it makes me wonder if there was something else to the relationship. Its bad enough not having any J/S ship, but when they throw past relationships in our face, thats just mean.

nell
September 20th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Good Morning! I just love their eye contact and smiles!!! :p
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Evol-2_024W.jpg
Cap thanks to Mala50 ;)

trupi
September 20th, 2005, 05:47 AM
Good Morning! I just love their eye contact and smiles!!! :p
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Evol-2_024W.jpg
Cap thanks to Mala50 ;)
I love that pic! ;) In one of the DVD commentaries Peter D. makes a statement that it was a shame that AT was married because she and RDA are so good together and I think it was Brad who agreed with him. Does anyone remember the DVD set it was on and for what episode?

sueKay
September 20th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Hi everybody!

Nell - Give LOL4JACK a big hug from me and tell her that we're all thinking about her.

Cathain - more info will be up tonight as I have a new website just about ready to go online :D

I think there is 'something' going on...AT's attitude has shifted WAY too suddenly...she talks about not wanting Sam to be weak...I think casual sex is a sign of a weak woman...no offense to anyone here who is okay with casual sex, but everyone I know who has done that has had a lot of problems influencing their judgement.

She talks about S/J ship weakening her character...what about S/P ship? Pete did more damage to her character in four or so episodes than Jack could EVER do...Her love for Jack and her resolve not to compromise her career, while aknowledging her feelings for him HUMANISED her character and made her SYMPATHETIC and BELIEVEABLE and ALL THE MORE REAL for it. Sam isn't perfect, and for a television character...that is possibly the biggest strength she could have.

AT seems to forget that...

JMO

pittsburghgirl
September 20th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Yep and they are rewriting what happen in previous eps to sex up the show. I hated it when they hinted that Sam and Orlin had sex. Thats not what happend, but it makes me wonder if there was something else to the relationship. Its bad enough not having any J/S ship, but when they throw past relationships in our face, thats just mean.
You know-I did rant to several people about the making of Sam into the Scifi Bimbo-she appears to be in competition with the gal from Tripping the Rift. They are doing it again this season-no wonder AT appears irritated with the whole Sam/Jack thing-she wants Sam to be the good soldier/scientist and they are making her the female Captain Kirk-Narim, Orlin, Martouf, Pete, that Tok'ra guy that helped her make that generator thingee.

nickatell
September 20th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Speaking for myself, if we hadn't been told that the relationship between Jack and Sam is so "soap operaish", and we had a passionate resolution between Jack and Sam, I may have felt different about the Barrett and McKay infatuation relationships. But as ses has said why is it that the Jack and Sam relationship is so "off-limits" and any other relationship between Sam and whomever seems to flow freely? Amanda is afraid of being "Jacks girl" but she doesn't seem to take any offence to being any other guys girl. I have heard her say that she doesn't want to be the typical stereotype "girl" on the show run by emotions, stunningly beautiful, and having a relationship with every guy she meets....oh boy too late... No, truthfully there is nothing wrong with McKay fantisizing about Carter, although I really never enjoyed the McKay character that much, but when you add this yet another "Sam infatuation" to the big picture it gets a little silly. I am honesly coming to the realization that TPTB don't really know what to do with the Sam character other than the technobabble talk. She barely ever gets to take command and make her own difficult decisions, she hasn't had but one big fight scene, almost never gets injured except for the Grace, Death Knell era, never has to be reprimanded because she doesn't do anything wrong...and she is afraid of being stereotyped?????????

nickatell
September 20th, 2005, 07:42 AM
The only problem I have pittsburghgirl is why does she only speak against the Sam and Jack ship and always seems so excited and supportive of the Sam and whomever ship????? If she was totally for a strong Sam and against all emotional relationships to keep her character from being stereotyped, I could understand but that doesn't seem to be the case.

nickatell
September 20th, 2005, 07:48 AM
A thought did cross my mind and I keep on trying to push it away but what if RDA finally decided he is not coming back and by using AT against the Jack and Sam ship, TPTB feel that they might get themselves out of a jam they got themselves into.... Does that make sense??? I hope not!!!!!!!!!!! Trupi, I hope Don gave you correct advice or there might be a scream you hear at the end of season 9 heard around the world.

girlgater
September 20th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Hi All!

I've never understood AT's somewhat on again/off again distaste for the Sam/Jack ship. You would think that she would have enjoyed the popularity that it caused her character. I'm all for Sam being a military officer first, but she can have a love life too. It's almost as if AT is going with the writers in wanting Sam to have various love interests (but not if it's Jack). The heart of Sam is that she hasn't had a good history of love (either from a family standpoint to an adult relationship). She has made bad choices that in my opinion hurt her character far more than her relationship with Jack ever could. Let's not even talk about :eek: . I also couldn't believe TPTB led everyone to believe that Orlin and Sam had been involved sexually.
I found that to be very disappointing. At the least Sam could have said something in defense of the truth.

Side note here: It's strange though how some people see things differently. I was talking with a friend of mine about Atlantis and possible relationships that are forming there. He said "I think it would be better if they never paired up into couples." I couldn't believe it. SciFi isn't just about inter-galactic space travel and aliens. It's about what could happen when people are thrown into different situations other than what we know. When you put people into different environments, there is still the possibility of LOVE! Why not incorporate that into the storyline??

zabbugh
September 20th, 2005, 08:05 AM
A thought did cross my mind and I keep on trying to push it away but what if RDA finally decided he is not coming back and by using AT against the Jack and Sam ship, TPTB feel that they might get themselves out of a jam they got themselves into.... Does that make sense??? I hope not!!!!!!!!!!! Trupi, I hope Don gave you correct advice or there might be a scream you hear at the end of season 9 heard around the world.

Okay, I had to delurk for that one. Nickatell, I was wondering the same thing.
Why has AT gone from saying things like Sam and Jack would go fishing together and then probably open a deli when they retire. Then to saying well they got together and got the tension out of their systems so they are done with all that. (This was all paraphrased and not verbatum)

Perhaps TBTB may be gearing us up for a decision that RDA will stay away. Heaven help us because I am sorely missing his presence and humor on this show formerly known as Stargate.

I really hope that this is not the case.

Back to lurkdom,
Chris

trupi
September 20th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Don don't lie! He talks to RDA alot and if he said he is coming back, he's coming back. Like someone quoted yesterday from Hamlet "I think the lady protest to much"(something like that). Have my thoughts on AT opinions but not for the open thread! (get a drift from my previous post).

zabbugh
September 20th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Don don't lie! He talks to RDA alot and if he said he is coming back, he's coming back. Like someone quoted yesterday from Hamlet "I think the lady protest to much"(something like that). Have my thoughts on AT opinions but not for the open thread! (get a drift from my previous post).

Hiya Trupi,
I hope this is true. Once again tptb have opened their rollercoaster. This is reminiscent of the whole "Insanity" episode spoilers. "Fasten your seat belts kids, it's going to be a bumpy ride" :S

Chris

trupi
September 20th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Hiya Trupi,
I hope this is true. Once again tptb have opened their rollercoaster. This is reminiscent of the whole "Insanity" episode spoilers. "Fasten your seat belts kids, it's going to be a bumpy ride" :S

Chris
Once again-Amen to that!

Daniel's_twin
September 20th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Hiya Trupi,

Chris

No more bumpy rides! Please! No more bumpy rides!

Yay! My 1000th post! :cool:

pittsburghgirl
September 20th, 2005, 08:26 AM
The only problem I have pittsburghgirl is why does she only speak against the Sam and Jack ship and always seems so excited and supportive of the Sam and whomever ship????? If she was totally for a strong Sam and against all emotional relationships to keep her character from being stereotyped, I could understand but that doesn't seem to be the case.
You have a really good point-and I wish I could figure out an answer to that very question. It seems like they work so hard to say -Oh No-we can't do that-it would be against regulations-and yet....They worry about demoralizing Sam and being out of character-I still don't buy the end of Chimera where Sam tells Pete everything-really? To dig himself out of the very deep hole they would throw him in for stalking, spying (which is against the law-right?) and interfering with a government action would take a very long time.

And really-there is no rhyme or reason to how AT feels about Sam and Jack or even how she doesn't feel about it. One time she is for it and another time against it. The whole thing is giving me a case of whiplash.

Catysg1
September 20th, 2005, 09:32 AM
Are you missing the ship ??
Here you are :)

A little NEW shippy video for my shipper family :)

"Wish you were here" Within Temptation ..from Sam's point of view :)

See my sig for the link .. :)

Caty :)

waterfall
September 20th, 2005, 09:35 AM
I read the "Dreamwatch" article that y'all been talking about and I can say is "spoken like a true romantic" (/snark)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Back to lurk mode......

waterfall

gatebee
September 20th, 2005, 10:08 AM

Caty love the new vid. Sam is so right. She misses him so much. I miss Jack so much too. S9 needs Jack to be around. RDA gave so much of that " IT " element to SG1. I hope that RDA finds it in his heart to drop by Vancouver and do 1 or 2 eps for "ship" sake.

Rogue
September 20th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Hi everybody!

Nell - Give LOL4JACK a big hug from me and tell her that we're all thinking about her.

Cathain - more info will be up tonight as I have a new website just about ready to go online :D

I think there is 'something' going on...AT's attitude has shifted WAY too suddenly...she talks about not wanting Sam to be weak...I think casual sex is a sign of a weak woman...no offense to anyone here who is okay with casual sex, but everyone I know who has done that has had a lot of problems influencing their judgement.

She talks about S/J ship weakening her character...what about S/P ship? Pete did more damage to her character in four or so episodes than Jack could EVER do...Her love for Jack and her resolve not to compromise her career, while aknowledging her feelings for him HUMANISED her character and made her SYMPATHETIC and BELIEVEABLE and ALL THE MORE REAL for it. Sam isn't perfect, and for a television character...that is possibly the biggest strength she could have.

AT seems to forget that...

JMO

I would think that after waiting 8 years to get together, then deciding after a short period of time that it didn't work, would be even more damaging to Sam's character. After all we are made to believe these were strong feeling she had for Jack, not just lust. I would think being in a stable, loving relationship would be more positve for her character than hopping in bed with the next male guest star. After 8 years we are suppose to just shrug our shoulder and say "oh well it just didn't work".

trupi
September 20th, 2005, 10:53 AM
I would think that after waiting 8 years to get together, then deciding after a short period of time that it didn't work, would be even more damaging to Sam's character. After all we are made to believe these were strong feeling she had for Jack, not just lust. I would think being in a stable, loving relationship would be more positve for her character than hopping in bed with the next male guest star. After 8 years we are suppose to just shrug our shoulder and say "oh well it just didn't work".
Next thing we'll be seeing is Sam becoming Playboy Bunny. (AT can show her implants). Yah--this really makes Sam look really good! I don't know what she's talking about, maybe it's just postpartum depression.

gatebee
September 20th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Hiding under the table as I type....Orlin and Sam , I do believe had sex. Look the lady is HOt, healthy woman with no relationships to tie her down at that time. IMO there is nothing wrong with that. Now with Jack in her life , she would never do that.

sueKay
September 20th, 2005, 12:20 PM
GateBee...have to dissagree with you...

While Sam and Orlin cleary shared something intimate and special in 'Ascension'...it wasn't sex. It was more a sort-of joining of minds...nothing sexual...yes...she probably felt the true depth of his feelings for her, and due to that, was probably more inclined to reciprocate...but I don't believe she loved him or that she had sex with him...

And I really don't thing the Sam/Orlin thing (if there even was a thing) is worth discussion anymore...'cos c'mon...he's a little kid!

Oh!

I'm now the proud owner of...

'THE COST OF HONOUR' by Ship-fic writer extraordinaire...SALLY MALCOLM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will post a review on my site when I'm finished reading :D

gatebee
September 20th, 2005, 12:49 PM
The way Sam answered Landry's question onces, you see it, will lead you to the same conclusion. But as I mentioned, for me that is ok. Sam was not with Jack at that time. Now Jack has stepped up to the plate and they are together beaming back and forth with the help of the asgard. :D

gatebee
September 20th, 2005, 12:55 PM
here are two pics of Sam trying to answer Landry's question aboutSam having a relationship with Orlin. She said yes they did and that he was an adult man at that time , not a boy.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_373.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/FilBrit1/sg1/PDVD_374.jpg

Gatetrixer
September 20th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Next thing we'll be seeing is Sam becoming Playboy Bunny. (AT can show her implants). Yah--this really makes Sam look really good! I don't know what she's talking about, maybe it's just postpartum depression.

You're joking about implants, right? Not that I disagree if someone wants them for a good reason (yes there can be), but AT? Nah.

florence
September 20th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Oh!

I'm now the proud owner of...

'THE COST OF HONOUR' by Ship-fic writer extraordinaire...SALLY MALCOLM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will post a review on my site when I'm finished reading :D

You lucky girl ! I'm still waiting for mine... :(
I think that while waiting I'm going to read the 1st part... one more time ! :D

Rogue
September 20th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Hiding under the table as I type....Orlin and Sam , I do believe had sex. Look the lady is HOt, healthy woman with no relationships to tie her down at that time. IMO there is nothing wrong with that. Now with Jack in her life , she would never do that.

I agree with suekay,
It was more a meeting of the minds and emotions. And your right there was nothing wrong with it, she was single and available at the time. When watching that ep I don't get the impression it was sexual. Even if now they say there was a physical sexual encounter, I don't think that was the intention while filming the ep.

stargate barbie
September 20th, 2005, 01:48 PM
maybe i'm just in a bad mood, but that implants comment seems completely out of line to me, as does the post-partum comment. and it caught me totally off guard. aren't we supposed to be respectful to the actors here?

stargate barbie
September 20th, 2005, 01:51 PM
as for AT's apparent recent comments, i continue with the theories;
perhaps she was burned by the mishandling of the pete relationship, and is fearful that this might be bad for her character too if done badly. so perhaps she just thinks better to leave all this love business out of the show completely.
of course i would disagree if that were the case, but its just a theory.

trupi
September 20th, 2005, 02:16 PM
You're joking about implants, right? Not that I disagree if someone wants them for a good reason (yes there can be), but AT? Nah.
She had implants put in I think about a year and a half ago! Telling the truth is not picking on the actress. I don't know how she is filming and taking care of the baby. Very stressful. Maybe she is tired of the same question about her and RDA and thought it was a fast answer. However, even if she is fooling around she is hurting her fans who are supporting her. So who is be disrespectful!

Catysg1
September 20th, 2005, 02:19 PM
The way Sam answered Landry's question onces, you see it, will lead you to the same conclusion. But as I mentioned, for me that is ok. Sam was not with Jack at that time. Now Jack has stepped up to the plate and they are together beaming back and forth with the help of the asgard. :D

I don't think it was sex but a very intimate moment as they both shared something special and he needed her to achieve it or at least another human .As he loved her , he did it with her . ;)

but as you said gatebee , he does not matter anyway as she was with no one at the time ...so no big deal ..After all she is a pretty woman and Orlin was nice too :)

and thank you about comment on video :)

sueKay
September 20th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Trupi...where did you read about this???

Plus...a year and a half ago, she was pregnant so...I doubt she would have had them done then...especially not with whats happened in her past pregnancies.

stargate barbie
September 20th, 2005, 02:36 PM
totally agree. i doubt it, but if she did good for her, none of my business and i don't really care.

trupi
September 20th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Trupi...where did you read about this???

Plus...a year and a half ago, she was pregnant so...I doubt she would have had them done then...especially not with whats happened in her past pregnancies.
SueKay when did she do the magazine shoot for the troops, it was last May 2004? It was before she got preg.so it had to be before June 2004. Did read it but can't remember which mag.but if you look at the second half of S7 she is definitly larger on top.(Had to be late 2003 or early 2004) That is why she started to wear those tank tops in S8. Why she did it when she wanted to get preg. ???? I thought it was commend knowledge or I wouldn't had have brought it to the thread. It was discussed at the Aug. Creation 2004 NJ Convention because the magazine photo shoot was being discussed.

stargate barbie
September 20th, 2005, 03:28 PM
SueKay when did she do the magazine shoot for the troops, it was last May 2004? It was before she got preg.so it had to be before June 2004. Did read it but can't remember which mag.but if you look at the second half of S7 she is definitly larger on top.(Had to be late 2003 or early 2004) That is why she started to wear those tank tops in S8. Why she did it when she wanted to get preg. ???? I thought it was commend knowledge or I wouldn't had have brought it to the thread. It was discussed at the Aug. Creation 2004 NJ Convention because the magazine photo shoot was being discussed.
they can get bigger on their own though. when i put on weight, that the first place it goes. when women get pregnant they increase in volume too. i know someone who was temporarily put on some hormone drugs and they got bigger and stayed bigger. she didn't start to wear tank tops to show off her assets by her own decision. its not like they get to pick their own wardrobe. teal'c started to wear 'em too. maybe he got somethin' done. ;)

can we stop this now and move back on topic? (sorry if i sound snarky)

ses110
September 20th, 2005, 03:47 PM
nickatell I sometimes think TPTB would Love to keep Sam single so Sam can be with the Male guest Star of the Week.IMO Hollywood is not interested in Love or Romance just Sex.The Regs have been a great excuse for TPTB.That's just a cover IMO.

ses110
September 20th, 2005, 03:51 PM
The only problem with the Pete theory is AT's comments regarding Sam/Jack have been all over the map long before Pete was on the Show.AT true feelings may never be known.I'am not even going to worry anymore about who likes the Ship and who does not.

sueKay
September 20th, 2005, 03:56 PM
sueKay presents...

STARGATE: ARPEGIA (http://www.freewebs.com/stargate_arpegia/)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have a look at this...I've put a LOT of work into it!

stargate barbie
September 20th, 2005, 04:25 PM
The only problem with the Pete theory is AT's comments regarding Sam/Jack have been all over the map long before Pete was on the Show.AT true feelings may never be known.I'am not even going to worry anymore about who likes the Ship and who does not.
but from anything i can recall, her comments were positive regarding the s/j ship, she just wanted her character to get a boyfriend who didnt' die. how do we know she wasn't hinting at jack for the role. from season 4 onwards she had always said that she thought they would end up together.

my only problem with the pete theory is that it involves the word pete. i'm tellin' ya guys the name will never be the same to me again.

stargate barbie
September 20th, 2005, 04:28 PM
thats a fine lookin' site suekay. very visually appealing, and a great idea. good job

Rogue
September 20th, 2005, 04:36 PM
but from anything i can recall, her comments were positive regarding the s/j ship, she just wanted her character to get a boyfriend who didnt' die. how do we know she wasn't hinting at jack for the role. from season 4 onwards she had always said that she thought they would end up together.

my only problem with the pete theory is that it involves the word pete. i'm tellin' ya guys the name will never be the same to me again.

Pete is a four letter word at my house.

stargate barbie
September 20th, 2005, 04:40 PM
i heard of someone whose name was pete recently and cringed, i now have an irrational dislike and distrust of anyone with the name. i keep looking over my shoulder to see if there's one following me or not taking my calls! :eek:

minigeek
September 20th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Hi Guys,

You know me; sarcastic sense of humor, no holds barred sort of thing - but I've noticed the last couple of days or so, this thread has (delicately) degenerated.

Sam/Jack?

I realize a few of the interviews lately have been somewhat less than appealing, but these things happen. Honestly I don't believe the proverbial horse is really dead. Just dormant - for the time being.

But I'm not reading any more Sam/Jack around here lately. I'm reading a whole lot of actor slamming, a whole lot (more) writer/producer slamming (which is always fun for flavor, but... :p ), when I start to read about the more "tabloid" type references (by this I mean the topic which has only just begun), I really question my desire to stay and play.

You've all been such happy, fun people to play with since I got here recently, it's sort of sad to see the tide turn so completely, over a couple of silly remarks which I am positive we could have more fun laughing about than crying over. I even think Amanda would laugh with us, were she here!

I'd like to think we all have a common enjoyment. Our reason for sticking around and chatting; a common interest to discuss something fun, regardless of temporary disappointments or ongoing plot device issues. It's Stargate SG-1, right? A shared interest is the indisputible romance between Sam Carter and Jack O'Neill?

May we leave behind the anatomical enhancements of the actors in favor of that, per chance? Any chance at all?

Someone in the "Sam's a great Character" thread posted a really great link to a very talented digital artist's (Aurora)'s website - who happens to have some fantastic Sam/Jack imagery.

Her web gallery is here:
http://memento.pinch-me.net/ot.htm

And here's one of hers I just love. http://memento.pinch-me.net/images/Works/justso.jpg

Maybe that can help lift us all back over the rainbow a bit. :D

mini(geek)

stargate barbie
September 20th, 2005, 06:13 PM
ok, lets play a little game. who can pick out the most subtle shippy moment? what's your favourite subtle shippy moment?

Abby Sheppard
September 20th, 2005, 06:24 PM
hello to all......I would have to say that my fave shippy moment would have to be in WoO its my all time fave.......I don't care if sam doesn't remember that fact is that we all do......and you can so see that she wanted the kiss as she responded.

nell
September 20th, 2005, 06:30 PM
ok, lets play a little game. who can pick out the most subtle shippy moment? what's your favourite subtle shippy moment?

OK, this just popped into my mind! Window of Opportunity. After Jack and Teal'c explain what's happening with the loop thingy, Sam goes looking for Jack and finds him in the commissary eating. She has the biggest smile. She sits across the table from him and says something like, 'so, can you tell me what I'm thinking?' And she grins. She's playing with him. Teasing him a bit. :p Flirty. I loved it. :p But, I forgot his response. I should look up the transcript.

Cathain Nottingham
September 20th, 2005, 06:31 PM

Everything can be shippy in my eyes under the category 'subtle'.

I think my favorite sort of subtle moment would be in "Entity" when Jack won't leave. Okay maybe not the most subtle but one of the most touching!

stargate barbie
September 20th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Everything can be shippy in my eyes under the category 'subtle'.
<snip>

EXACTLY! and therin lies the fun of the game.

for example, the hair sniffing of out of mind, or the tear wiping of in the line of duty, or the fact that jacks kitchen is yellow, or the hand touching in moebius, or "not exactly" (not really subtle, but open to interpretation) or how close they were sitting at the briefing in crystal skull. just for example. now, there are far more subtle examples than these, and i would like to hear them.

i wanna see how dedicated the shiplets are. i wanna see how much we pick up on, and how much ship we can make. this is a feel good exercise folks, bring on the projections!

stargate barbie
September 20th, 2005, 06:47 PM
ok, its 3am here so i'm going to bed. i'll leave you with these subtle moments;
singularity: "sam, can you hear me"
There but for the grace of god: jack:"i love you" (subtle because its very difficult to hear)
learning curve; most of their interactions
decent: a lot of their interaction here.

P.S. i'm glad my night here is ending on a good note. thanks for being positive guys :)

Cathain Nottingham
September 20th, 2005, 06:47 PM
EXACTLY! and therin lies the fun of the game.

for example, the hair sniffing of out of mind, or the tear wiping of in the line of duty, or the fact that jacks kitchen is yellow, or the hand touching in moebius, or "not exactly" (not really subtle, but open to interpretation) or how close they were sitting at the briefing in crystal skull. just for example. now, there are far more subtle examples than these, and i would like to hear them.

i wanna see how dedicated the shiplets are. i wanna see how much we pick up on, and how much ship we can make. this is a feel good exercise folks, bring on the projections!

Okay in that case - like every episode! (There's always some glance, the way they sit, a lingering look...) :D

nell
September 20th, 2005, 06:48 PM

((((Caty)))) C'est magnifique!!!!! :p :D :p ;)

jafacakes
September 20th, 2005, 06:49 PM

For me it has to be when In The Line of Duty Jack wipes a tear from his eye while he is watching Janet on the troley trying to revive Sam.

Buc252
September 20th, 2005, 06:56 PM

I could believe that, especially after the way he's been treated since he left. *Nobody* deserves to be stabbed in the back the way he's been, and if he's written it off because of that, they'll have nobody but themselves to blame.

Buc252
September 20th, 2005, 06:58 PM

I would never say that Don would lie. But things change, and maybe Rick's appearance was cancelled after Don said what he did. In show business, nothing is 100% definite.

sg-1fanintn
September 20th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Absolutely!!!! In Ex Deus Machina when Sam replied to Agent Barrett's question with, "Not exactly." that meant EXACTLY that Sam and Jack are together!!!!! Am I frustrated that our Ship bones have been limited to two-word phrases?

:cool: Origins episode: Jack says, .....the motorcycle...."
:p Ex Deus Machina: Sam says "Not exactly."
:rolleyes: Babylon: Sam says "Ya think?"

YES, I AM FRUSTRATED!!!!

But, I cope with the knowledge that I got those three bones to gnaw on and hope for more!!!

You forgot one! In Beachead, as Sam was returning to the SGC, she and Jack played the little phone trick on Landry!
That was a good one too!!!!!

Buc252
September 20th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Okay in that case - like every episode! (There's always some glance, the way they sit, a lingering look...) :D

There are so many, it's hard to choose, but one very subtle moment that comes to mind is when Jack is telling her that the fish at his pond are "this big," and she just nods her head and locks eyes with him, saying, "reeeeealy. . ." Not a question, nor a statement, but it's just got this great tone to it. Very . . . spousal.

And he responds with, "Oh, yeah!"

trupi
September 20th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I would never say that Don would lie. But things change, and maybe Rick's appearance was cancelled after Don said what he did. In show business, nothing is 100% definite.
Mary, next year meaning Jan. 2006. We just have to sit a wait and help our European shipper family to get through the first half of S9. He was just in a magazine article saying the same things he told me at the convention-Uber even mention the article. Going to have to ask Uber where the article is located.

Gatetrixer
September 20th, 2005, 07:25 PM
they can get bigger on their own though. when i put on weight, that the first place it goes. when women get pregnant they increase in volume too. i know someone who was temporarily put on some hormone drugs and they got bigger and stayed bigger. she didn't start to wear tank tops to show off her assets by her own decision. its not like they get to pick their own wardrobe. teal'c started to wear 'em too. maybe he got somethin' done. ;)

can we stop this now and move back on topic? (sorry if i sound snarky)

Agreed

nell
September 20th, 2005, 07:27 PM
OK, this just popped into my mind! Window of Opportunity. After Jack and Teal'c explain what's happening with the loop thingy, Sam goes looking for Jack and finds him in the commissary eating. She has the biggest smile. She sits across the table from him and says something like, 'so, can you tell me what I'm thinking?' And she grins. She's playing with him. Teasing him a bit. :p Flirty. I loved it. :p But, I forgot his response. I should look up the transcript.

OK, I had to quote myself to add these pictures. Here's Sam when she is playing with Jack about the loop thingy!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/72win171.jpg

Here's Jack in the last scene with his to-die-for gaze at Sam!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/72win621.jpg

Thanks to the unknown capper!!!

nell
September 20th, 2005, 07:36 PM
You forgot one! In ]i] Beachead,]/i] as Sam was returning to the SGC, she and Jack played the little phone trick on Landry!
That was a good one too!!!!!

You are sooooo right!!! Thanks, hon!!! ;)

minigeek
September 20th, 2005, 07:38 PM
There but for the grace of god: jack:"i love you" (subtle because its very difficult to hear)

Are you serious? He actually said "I love you"?! I have to go back and re-watch that!

One of my new all-time favs is in the conference room at the end of THREADS, when Jack and Sam are finishing eachother's sentences. "Ya think?" - "I do!" I really loved that scene.

mini(geek) ;)

nell
September 20th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Are you serious? He actually said "I love you"?! I have to go back and re-watch that!

One of my new all-time favs is in the conference room at the end of THREADS, when Jack and Sam are finishing eachother's sentences. "Ya think?" - "I do!" I really loved that scene.

mini(geek) ;)

Yes, Jack said "I love you." I oughta know!! Hee, hee!! I've played and replayed it many times!!! It is so soft that it is no surprise that you missed it but he said it!!!! ;)

trupi
September 20th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Yes, Jack said "I love you." I oughta know!! Hee, hee!! I've played and replayed it many times!!! It is so soft that it is no surprise that you missed it but he said it!!!! ;)
If you keep watching thats scene over and over again, the poor DVD will burn a hole straight through it Nell :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

sg-1fanintn
September 20th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Sam/other has caused more problems than Sam/Jack ever could. It does not matter if Sam shows no interest or it's just a Dream.TPTB are still using the Sam character as a Sex object for the Male guest Star of the Week and the Sam character should never be used in that way. There's enough trashy characters on TV without dragging Sam down to that level.TPTB should known there characters and Show better than that.
I hadn't thought about it from that perspective. I really think it's going to be a harmless fantasy ep that is very realistic to what McKay would do/think (and he has probably read her mission report from Grace), but I see where your sensitivity originates now. And, when I think about it that way, it bothers me a little too.

This has been discussed so much, and has caused so much distress here that I wonder if one of you who go to the JM thread might ask him about this. I'd almost be interested in seeing what he has to say about it.

AT seems to forget that...JMO
I agree about the casual sex, because it usually (and I'm not saying always--just usually) indicates poor self-esteem. That, and the suddenness of the shift, is why it seems so strange to me.....

Side note here: It's strange though how some people see things differently. I was talking with a friend of mine about Atlantis and possible relationships that are forming there. He said "I think it would be better if they never paired up into couples." I couldn't believe it. SciFi isn't just about inter-galactic space travel and aliens. It's about what could happen when people are thrown into different situations other than what we know. When you put people into different environments, there is still the possibility of LOVE! Why not incorporate that into the storyline??
I kinda agree with your friend, but probably not for the same reason. I've decided that I'm not considering anyone on SGA more than friends because I don't want to put TPTB in charge of my heart again! I've suffered too much angst over Sam & Jack!

Mine too, Rogue! Tried to green you, but I need to spread the love around before I can…..

minigeek
September 20th, 2005, 08:02 PM
I was trying to convince anunnaki to get her next chapter out today too - but it didn't work, darn it. She's still polishing. I think she's going to do the "date" scene next, so I'm stoked for it. ;)

While I wait, though, anyone have any good fics to recommend? I've read all of Sally Reeve's stuff already (wow, what a great author). I love the long, juicy ones with really strong Sam characters. :D

trupi
September 20th, 2005, 08:04 PM
I was trying to convince anunnaki to get her next chapter out today too - but it didn't work, darn it. She's still polishing. I think she's going to do the "date" scene next, so I'm stoked for it. ;)

While I wait, though, anyone have any good fics to recommend? I've read all of Sally Reeve's stuff already (wow, what a great author). I love the long, juicy ones with really strong Sam characters. :D
What about Gail Delaney or MeiMei fanfics-the best on the planet!

minigeek
September 20th, 2005, 08:06 PM
I've read Gail's. Where do I find MeiMei?

sg-1fanintn
September 20th, 2005, 08:07 PM
Favorite subtle shippy moment:

In Metamorphosis, when they're in the cell and Sam puts her head on Jack's shoulder. She was sure at that moment that she was going to die in the next few hours. She didn't need rest as much as she needed the comfort of being close to Jack. Sigh.....

For you who are so new that you haven't had the treat of seeing Caty's vids, please look around her site. She doesn't spend much time here these days, because she's sick of TPTB and W-A-I-T-I-N-G soooooo long for a S/J resolution, but she does great work! Her Love is All is probably the best S/J vid I've ever seen!!!!!

Sum1
September 20th, 2005, 08:09 PM
In The Broca Divbide, at the end of the episode when Jack tells her he was concerned about her wound and she says, "Really?" - her tone of voice made it sound like his opinion was very important to her.

sg-1fanintn
September 20th, 2005, 08:09 PM
I've read Gail's. Where do I find MeiMei?

Here's a link to meimei's site:
http://home.earthlink.net/~shiawmeimei/index.html

Good reading, just like your bud, anunnaki!

Hey, good to see you back here, Sum1! We've missed you!

ses110
September 20th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Gateworld just released spoliers for Camelot and I hope I'am wrong but I do not see any signs of Jack appearing.If Jack is in epsiode it does not sound like he will play a big part.It's starting to look like Jack will not be back until Season 10.I hope TPTB are just keeping RDA appearance under wraps.

sg-1fanintn
September 20th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Gateworld just released spoliers for Camelot and I hope I'am wrong but I do not see any signs of Jack appearing.If Jack is in epsiode it does not sound like he will play a big part.It's starting to look like Jack will not be back until Season 10.I hope TPTB are just keeping RDA appearance under wraps.
Means nothing! Do you think they're ready to tell us now? Nah! It's too soon. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, but I don't think they'd tell us this soon. Then, they'd lose all the fun of making us suffer a little longer!

nell
September 20th, 2005, 08:14 PM
If you keep watching thats scene over and over again, the poor DVD will burn a hole straight through it Nell :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Yeah, it's a hot scene!!!! :D :p :D :p

Lexa Jayde
September 20th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Means nothing! Do you think they're ready to tell us now? Nah! It's too soon. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, but I don't think they'd tell us this soon. Then, they'd lose all the fun of making us suffer a little longer!
it would be sooo cool if RDA were to come back to the SGC, even just for five minutes or something... PLS TPTB.... listen to us!!!!

minigeek
September 20th, 2005, 08:38 PM
On the subjects of casual sex, Sam Carter, and FANFICTION! - I actually recently read a great story by skydiver (boy am I glad I followed her website, she writes like a pro; amazing work and her Sam is very strong, I love that too). Anyhow, she wrote a Sam/Jack piece called "Painting Perfection" where Sam actually says "I don't do one night stands." I thought that was a really great line for Sam. Very true to character. Given current topics perhaps, we need to get people like Skydiver up there to write a few SG-1 episodes for us!

trupi
September 20th, 2005, 08:40 PM
it would be sooo cool if RDA were to come back to the SGC, even just for five minutes or something... PLS TPTB.... listen to us!!!!
Quote Don Davis, "Ill tell Rick that the fans send their well wishes and back his decision not to return to the show. But he will be back he is taking a well deserve rest, spending time with his daughter and he wants to do charity work while he can, giving back some of the good fortune he has had in his life. In fact I'm coming back doing some shows which I just finish the first one. Rick is going to be my boss in one of them". Now what Don means guys is up to you, if you what to reinterpt it go ahead. I even asked my husband who was standing next to me what Don said -that's it-if TPTB change anything, it's their show, they can do as they wish. I'm just the messager.

ses110
September 20th, 2005, 08:41 PM
I really hope I'am wrong.You make a great point about not telling us now.I just wonder if Jack will appear in the first episode of Season 10 to save SG-1.I'll gladly take Jack appearing in the Season finale and in the first episode of Season 10 plus more Season 10 episodes.

ses110
September 20th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Did you hear that TPTB.Sam does not do one Night stands.That's Vala's Job.

sg-1fanintn
September 20th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Dear Shipper Family,

There's too much gloom and doom among our ranks tonight! Minigeek is right! So, I'm back for one last post to offer you some good medicine that will make you feel better.....at least, temporarily.

As we found out earlier this evening, Caty has posted a new video. But I still believe her Love is All is her best work ever. I just rewatched it, and it cheered me up! It may do the same for you! In fact, I'm going to watch it one more time before I go to bed tonight.....all the better to dream shippy dreams!

So, here's Dr. sg-1fanintn's prescription for you sad shippers:

1. Go to Caty's Sam & Jack site. The link is in her sig at the top of this page: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8580&page=655&pp=20

2. Download Love is All. Enjoy!

3. If one play doesn't work, either download another vid from the site, or watch this one until you do feel better! And save the link to Caty's site in your favorites for future medicinal use.

4. If that doesn't work, drink a nice glass of wine and PM me in the morning!

Love to the Shipper Family,

sg-1fanintn

trupi
September 20th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Did you hear that TPTB.Sam does not do one Night stands.That's Vala's Job.
Our Sam is a good person. Intelligent but nieve, strong but knows when to cry, diplomatic but knows when to kick a--. Loyal, fair, and loving! That is our Sam. Now whoever this AU Sam is that you have though up please throw into the nearest waste basket and keeping walking because we are not interested! It's just garbage-please recycle and try again! :D

Lexa Jayde
September 20th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Dear Shipper Family,

There's too much gloom and doom among our ranks tonight! Minigeek is right! So, I'm back for one last post to offer you some good medicine that will make you feel better.....at least, temporarily.

As we found out earlier this evening, Caty has posted a new video. But I still believe her Love is All is her best work ever. I just rewatched it, and it cheered me up! It may do the same for you! In fact, I'm going to watch it one more time before I go to bed tonight.....all the better to dream shippy dreams!

So, here's Dr. sg-1fanintn's prescription for you sad shippers:

1. Go to Caty's Sam & Jack site. The link is in her sig at the top of this page: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8580&page=655&pp=20

2. Download Love is All. Enjoy!

3. If one play doesn't work, either download another vid from the site, or watch this one until you do feel better! And save the link to Caty's site in your favorites for future medicinal use.

4. If that doesn't work, drink a nice glass of wine and PM me in the morning!

Love to the Shipper Family,

sg-1fanintn
that sounds like a damn good idea and i think that i will take you up on the offer before i have to do the housework

trupi
September 20th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Well good night shipper family! Caty's video is the best one she has yet to make-thanks for the gift Caty. I'm sorry if upturn the apple cart today for some but what I say is truth because first and always the ship and it's family comes first. We must stick together and help everyone weather the storm until the day we get our kiss. We ask no more, no less of TPTB and the cast of SG-1. Remember, we here because of the show but the show has remained for 9 seasons because of our support. We are the life line!

sueKay
September 21st, 2005, 04:24 AM
Hey folks!

Well...some interesting discussion...

re: rick Not really a spoiler but anywho...

I wouldn't be surprised if RDA had decided to come back for a few eps and then changed his mind after all the stuff about the on-set atmosphere. The only people who have supported him are AT and Don as they are both good friends of his. I hope he comes back, but I definitely wouldn't blame him for deciding not to

As for a strong Sam...in my fics...I tend to get right into the characters' minds...into their pasts...explaining their flaws more than examining their strengths...I believe that our faults make us the people that we are, and that those flaws in themselves are a strength.

Catysg1
September 21st, 2005, 04:59 AM
Thank you (((Nell, sg1fanintn, Trupi and Lexa Jayde ))) :)

Dr fanintn , I like your prescription :) and all my videos should work if you right click on the mouse and save target as ...but if one of them doesn't work , let me know ...it should only be a link problem ..and easy to fix :)

"I surrender" and "Nothing else matters" are favourites of mine too :)

and (((Suekay))) ..your site looks great ..you did put a lot of work into it :)

sueKay
September 21st, 2005, 05:03 AM
Thank you caty!

I didn't design the site...it's more the content...the VAST, HUGE UNENDING bulk of which is sitting on my home computer waiting to be finished/checked/uploaded etc.

There will be TWO SHIPS in it...and for readers of the Hell's trilogy...you already know one of them...

wanna know what one of the Arpegia ships is....click here - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1901162/1/

Rogue
September 21st, 2005, 06:08 AM
Geez, they are selling the bouquet of roses that Pete gave Sam in Chimeria on Ebay. I might buy it so I can burn them and send the ashes to TPTB.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STARGATE-SG-1-PETES-BOUQUET-OF-ROSES-FOR-SAM_W0QQitemZ4771417705QQcategoryZ18839QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

blueiris
September 21st, 2005, 06:17 AM
Geez, they are selling the bouquet of roses that Pete gave Sam in Chimeria on Ebay. I might buy it so I can burn them and send the ashes to TPTB.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STARGATE-SG-1-PETES-BOUQUET-OF-ROSES-FOR-SAM_W0QQitemZ4771417705QQcategoryZ18839QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
A shipper bon-fire! Anything else we'd like to burn?

sueKay
September 21st, 2005, 06:19 AM
Pete's roses for sam...£24.99

AU Jack and Sam's wedding pic...thousands

Jack and Sam's real wedding pics...priceless

Catysg1
September 21st, 2005, 06:39 AM
Here is a little collage to go with my last Sam and Jack shippy video :)

http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/fire6a.jpg

Rogue
September 21st, 2005, 07:22 AM

Anyone have a Mr. Potatoe Head?

pittsburghgirl
September 21st, 2005, 07:24 AM
i don't have one of those-but i do have a list-anyone interested in knowing????

pittsburghgirl
September 21st, 2005, 07:26 AM

oh barf!

nell
September 21st, 2005, 07:44 AM
:p :p :p THE SHIP'S RECOVERY IS IN PROGRESS!!!! :p :p :p

Don't make me come out there and shake some sense into you Shippers!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Abyssjack14.jpg

Jack, that's precisely what The Shippers want!!! You.Back!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/image2085.jpg

Whaaat?? Me???
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/df.bmp

Jack, sometimes you can be so....dense!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/Fifth41.jpg

Danny, whataya talking about???
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/oh.bmp

OK, I get it!!! Don't sweat it!! I'll be back!! Trust me!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/cilljill/e5f2b23e.bmp

Thanks to the cappers who made these fine pics available!!!! ;)

minigeek
September 21st, 2005, 08:06 AM
Oh! I have a neat idea. Don't know if anyone will want to play or not, but I have to run for a couple of hours, so who knows what might be here when I get back?? :)

Here it is.

Why don't we try speculating on how the "big reveal" will actually take place? How we want it to, versus how we think it might actually go down (in canon). Without turning this into a dart board for the powers that be, can we come up with some scenarios for - heck, lets say season ten is the year; lets say we don't get the actual fireworks this year, BUT lets say Rick comes back in season ten, perhaps even full time (he does intend to come back, after all, this absence isn't a permanent plan for him). Lets say he comes back in season ten. And lets try and be realistic, how could it go down? Would the rest of SG-1 already know about the two of them? Would there be a big reveal? Ideas? Suggestions? Wanton DREAMS? lol :p

sg-1fanintn
September 21st, 2005, 08:49 AM
Uh.....how about most of this year's scripts?

Ok, I'll bite. What's on your list, pittsburghgirl?

Here, Ship Family. Have some nice, happy ship cookies! You'll feel better!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/shippercookiebouquet.jpg

nickatell
September 21st, 2005, 09:02 AM
I have to say I do enjoy Gateworld but I am starting to get confused. It used to be that you could come to Gateworld and voice your opinion about the show positive or negative (within the rules of Gateworld) and sometimes a discussion would unfold and sometimes not; but now it seems that you can only post positive comments or risk people saying they are leaving because it is not fun anymore. If I have learned anything through the years here it's that you have to be flexible. If I come to the forum and it is negative I still read the posts and sometimes I come away with a different outlook or I hold true to what I believe in. If I come to the forum and it is a positive post I read and feel stronger after it. To me both types of posts are important and interesting. If I find that I don't agree with the post I might respond or simply move to the next post. Some of you new guys have come up with ideas or games that us oldies have played many times before; maybe we participate and maybe we don't but we aren't threatening to leave the thread because we have done them before. Who knows maybe tomorrow it will feel like something different and we can post lots. Right now I can totally understand the frustration on the thread because of all that is and is not going on and sometimes just expressing those ideas helps us feel better. Just like I can understand why sometimes we go off topic because there isn't anything the episodes are really giving us. All this talk about supporting our shipper family can sometimes be done by just listening. If I find that the conversation is too negative for me and I am not enjoying myself I guess I just leave for awhile but I don't begrudge everyone else the right just because it doesn't suit me. I guess I don't come to this thread looking for it to cheer me up, I come to hear the different views and add my two cents and when all is said and done the relationship between Jack and Sam will live or die with or without me but along the way I met some people who shared my views and this huge world seemed a little cozier.

I mean no disrespect to anyone and this is not directed at anyone, it is simply food for thought.

sg-1fanintn
September 21st, 2005, 09:14 AM
I have to say I do enjoy Gateworld but I am starting to get confused. It used to be that you could come to Gateworld and voice your opinion about the show positive or negative (within the rules of Gateworld) and sometimes a discussion would unfold and sometimes not; but now it seems that you can only post positive comments or risk people saying they are leaving because it is not fun anymore. If I have learned anything through the years here it's that you have to be flexible. If I come to the forum and it is negative I still read the posts and sometimes I come away with a different outlook or I hold true to what I believe in. If I come to the forum and it is a positive post I read and feel stronger after it. To me both types of posts are important and interesting. If I find that I don't agree with the post I might respond or simply move to the next post. Some of you new guys have come up with ideas or games that us oldies have played many times before; maybe we participate and maybe we don't but we aren't threatening to leave the thread because we have done them before. Who knows maybe tomorrow it will feel like something different and we can post lots. Right now I can totally understand the frustration on the thread because of all that is and is not going on and sometimes just expressing those ideas helps us feel better. Just like I can understand why sometimes we go off topic because there isn't anything the episodes are really giving us. All this talk about supporting our shipper family can sometimes be done by just listening. If I find that the conversation is too negative for me and I am not enjoying myself I guess I just leave for awhile but I don't begrudge everyone else the right just because it doesn't suit me. I guess I don't come to this thread looking for it to cheer me up, I come to hear the different views and add my two cents and when all is said and done the relationship between Jack and Sam will live or die with or without me but along the way I met some people who shared my views and this huge world seemed a little cozier.

I mean no disrespect to anyone and this is not directed at anyone, it is simply food for thought.

Nickatell makes some good points. I know this is a hard time for us all, but in my six months here, those who were down about the show were always bolstered by those who weren't. I like to read everyone's point of view here, whether I agree or not. Just last night, ses110 expressed a viewpoint that got me to see a situation differently than I had viewed it. I appreciated that perspective.

I still firmly believe that RDA will be back.....and that THE SHIP will be resolved. Come on, folks! Cheer up! There's too much love here to be so blue.

Rogue
September 21st, 2005, 09:15 AM

Yeah, I am interested.

sg-1fanintn
September 21st, 2005, 09:25 AM
Well, considering the current mood here, I'm not even sure if I should post this. But I will, because you deserve to know. The ratings for the finale are out, and they're not good. This excerpt from the article:

"The SCI FI Channel's 2-hour Stargate SG-1 event wasn't enough to keep the series from falling to its lowest ratings of the season on September 16, as the long-running show faced new competition from network premieres, professional wrestling, and reality TV.

The back-to-back SG-1 episodes "Prototype" and "The Fourth Horseman, Part 1" averaged a 1.8 household rating from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern/Pacific. This is down 10 percent (0.2 points) from the previous week's SG-1 episode and five percent (0.1 points) from last week's episode of Atlantis, but even with the same week a year ago (Season Eight's "Endgame")."

From me: Or could it be that fans are simply missing the essential components that made the show "must-see" viewing for them in the past, and are going elsewhere?

To read the entire article, go here:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/09/isg-1ifinalefallstoseasonl.shtml

Billie
September 21st, 2005, 09:51 AM
Hi Shipper Family - I’m Back!! :)

Had a fantastic time in New York! So much to see and do and sooooo many shops to enjoy that I’ve got RSI in my right wrist from handing over my credit card so often!! Hee hee! (seriously, I now need an extra wardrobe!!)

Have yet to read and properly digest all your posts over the last week so have nothing constructive to contribute yet but just wanted to say Hi *waves to all* and it’s good to be back….finally!

Thanks so much for all your birthday wishes, I had a great day enjoying the sunshine and the ambience in Central Park and then a lovely evening out with the friends I was staying with so I felt very privileged and spoilt on my
??th birthday!

I was hoping to catch the S9 double bill while I was across the pond but in all the holiday madness I totally missed it :( Oh well the silver lining points me to Oct when S9 starts here in the UK! :)

Hugs to all (((shipper family)))

Rogue
September 21st, 2005, 10:09 AM
Well, considering the current mood here, I'm not even sure if I should post this. But I will, because you deserve to know. The ratings for the finale are out, and they're not good. This excerpt from the article:

"The SCI FI Channel's 2-hour Stargate SG-1 event wasn't enough to keep the series from falling to its lowest ratings of the season on September 16, as the long-running show faced new competition from network premieres, professional wrestling, and reality TV.

The back-to-back SG-1 episodes "Prototype" and "The Fourth Horseman, Part 1" averaged a 1.8 household rating from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern/Pacific. This is down 10 percent (0.2 points) from the previous week's SG-1 episode and five percent (0.1 points) from last week's episode of Atlantis, but even with the same week a year ago (Season Eight's "Endgame")."

From me: Or could it be that fans are simply missing the essential components that made the show "must-see" viewing for them in the past, and are going elsewhere?

To read the entire article, go here:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/09/isg-1ifinalefallstoseasonl.shtml

I actually liked Prototype. Fourth Horseman was ok, but we all know part II is usually better.

One problem I see is the team. I don't think the chemstry is there. They still seem like indiviuals, a carry over from season 8. They are still without a leader. Cam is a Stargate rookie and IMO not a strong leader. Should have left Sam in charge, with Cam as her 2IC.

But on the other hand, Cam seems to be the only one who really wants to be there. Sam would rather be at Area 51, Teal'c with his people and Daniel in Atlantis.

pittsburghgirl
September 21st, 2005, 10:17 AM
I actually liked Prototype. Fourth Horseman was ok, but we all know part II is usually better.

One problem I see is the team. I don't think the chemstry is there. They still seem like indiviuals, a carry over from season 8. They are still without a leader. Cam is a Stargate rookie and IMO not a strong leader. Should have left Sam in charge, with Cam as her 2IC.

But on the other hand, Cam seems to be the only one who really wants to be there. Sam would rather be at Area 51, Teal'c with his people and Daniel in Atlantis.
funny you should mention that that the
"team" doesn't want to be there-kinda the way i am feeling right now.-but the one thing you do have to say about season 9 is it and season 8 make 7 look good. That is quite a feat-isn't it?

sueKay
September 21st, 2005, 10:38 AM
(((((((((BILLIE)))))))))))

Glad you had a good time :D

Didn't you think to use your left hand as well as your right? :P

Pittsburghgirl - I found seasons seven and eight to be good...not brilliant but certainly good enough to keep me watching not this nonsense

Billie
September 21st, 2005, 10:55 AM
(((((((((BILLIE)))))))))))

Glad you had a good time :D

Didn't you think to use your left hand as well as your right? :P

DOH!! Now why didn't I think of that!! (((sueKay))) :p .... mind you I think my bank manager might just have a coronary if I was ambidextrous with my credit card!!

How's college going? :)

sueKay
September 21st, 2005, 10:59 AM
Uni's good...I meant use your left hand to type in your pin...

...or do they still sign reciepts in America??

Well...I plan on doing some writing tonight...be back later :D

Rogue
September 21st, 2005, 11:08 AM
funny you should mention that that the
"team" doesn't want to be there-kinda the way i am feeling right now.-but the one thing you do have to say about season 9 is it and season 8 make 7 look good. That is quite a feat-isn't it?

I enjoyed season 7 the second time around. Season 8, there won't be a second time because I am not going to buy the DVDs. The reason being is that I didn't get the resolution I wanted. The only way I have to show disapproval is to hit them were it counts, the wallet.

lonely_star
September 21st, 2005, 11:29 AM

you mean Washington right ??? :D :D

anyway, I watched the 5 first episodes of season 9 and I have to admit that it's not as bad as I imagined...well there are a lot sexual things from Vala and I understand it's disturbing when you have the kids watching the show or even if you think of what the show was...it's just a new show as everybody said before.

I also have to say that I didn't think that RDA looked as bad and tired (in origin) as you guys said...useless yes, and I agree that his cameo was just wasted :( but not so tired. At least I prefered this scene with Daniel than the one with Landry wich clearly was filmed without Landry...it was so obvious that they weren't talking to each other...

anyway I hope we will see RDA soon cause as ok as the show might be it's really not the same... :(

thanks guys for the great pics and fics

Suekay for the new site ;) I'm out reading he general's hell ;)

Rogue
September 21st, 2005, 11:34 AM
you mean Washington right ??? :D :D

anyway, I watched the 5 first episodes of season 9 and I have to admit that it's not as bad as I imagined...well there are a lot sexual things from Vala and I understand it's disturbing when you have the kids watching the show or even if you think of what the show was...it's just a new show as everybody said before.

I also have to say that I didn't think that RDA looked as bad and tired (in origin) as you guys said...useless yes, and I agree that his cameo was just wasted :( but not so tired. At least I prefered this scene with Daniel than the one with Landry wich clearly was filmed without Landry...it was so obvious that they weren't talking to each other...

anyway I hope we will see RDA soon cause as ok as the show might be it's really not the same... :(

thanks guys for the great pics and fics

Suekay for the new site ;) I'm out reading he general's hell ;)

Well Area 51 during the day, Washington at night. Gotta make use of the Asgard transporter.

lonely_star
September 21st, 2005, 11:42 AM
Well Area 51 during the day, Washington at night. Gotta make use of the Asgard transporter.

works for me :D :D

minigeek
September 21st, 2005, 11:45 AM
I have to say I do enjoy Gateworld but I am starting to get confused. It used to be that you could come to Gateworld and voice your opinion about the show positive or negative (within the rules of Gateworld) and sometimes a discussion would unfold and sometimes not; but now it seems that you can only post positive comments or risk people saying they are leaving because it is not fun anymore.

nickatell, positive versus negative viewpoints make the world go 'round! I definitely believe that healthy discussion like that is great. Disagreement is the spice of life and venting is very important.

But sometimes - just sometimes, mind you - people's passionate opinions can turn into hurt feelings, which causes them to begin to strike at more personal targets.

Things like, a wayward comment thrown into the mix suggesting Sam Carter becoming a vehicle for Amanda to show off her (alleged) new implants(sigh). I don't even recall who mentioned it and it doesn't matter. Truly. But little remarks like that can be hitting a bit below the belt. A personal topic like that can spiral into a cruel debate which gets hurtful more quickly than it does constructive. And it would also have nothing to do with Sam/Jack Shipper Family, or our values here. I may be new here, but I think I get a sense that we have a lot of integrity between us. Do you see where I'm going with this?

I don't think anyone intends to be mean around here. People here are very sweet and very caring of eachother. But this group is also very passionate about its feelings. When I see comments like the aforementioned one come up, I know where it's inevitably headed, and that makes me sad. It makes me want to pull up the railroad track and divert the car before the crash.

I just thought we needed a little perspective in the mix. Before anyone (on screen or off screen) reads a hurtful comment that was never meant to be hurtful - but ended up that way, even so.

Amanda gets print-outs from the message boards, from time to time.

((nickatell)) I'm sorry if you felt I was trying to sensor your point of view, I honestly and truly wasn't. I'm all for (loudly and proudly) voicing our storyline points of view in here--positive and negative.

mini(geek)

stargate barbie
September 21st, 2005, 12:02 PM
i do but one of my dogs chewed some of its body parts. and i didn't even have to tell her to do it!

stargate barbie
September 21st, 2005, 12:11 PM
tonights jack episode on sky one is the fifth race. nice subtle little shippy bit when jack gets zapped and sam checks his pulse. she holds onto the side of his neck/face a tad longer and more than is required to check a pulse. also some nice shippy bits later on in the ep.

lonely_star
September 21st, 2005, 12:19 PM
sorry guys about the OFF topic :(
I know one of you is a Law and order SVU fan...I have questions for you so if you could PM me that would be great ;)

On topic... :rolleyes: Sam & Jack together ! :D and they ARE !!!!

trupi
September 21st, 2005, 12:29 PM
nickatell, positive versus negative viewpoints make the world go 'round! I definitely believe that healthy discussion like that is great. Disagreement is the spice of life and venting is very important.

But sometimes - just sometimes, mind you - people's passionate opinions can turn into hurt feelings, which causes them to begin to strike at more personal targets.

Things like, a wayward comment thrown into the mix suggesting Sam Carter becoming a vehicle for Amanda to show off her (alleged) new implants(sigh). I don't even recall who mentioned it and it doesn't matter. Truly. But little remarks like that can be hitting a bit below the belt. A personal topic like that can spiral into a cruel debate which gets hurtful more quickly than it does constructive. And it would also have nothing to do with Sam/Jack Shipper Family, or our values here. I may be new here, but I think I get a sense that we have a lot of integrity between us. Do you see where I'm going with this?

I don't think anyone intends to be mean around here. People here are very sweet and very caring of eachother. But this group is also very passionate about its feelings. When I see comments like the aforementioned one come up, I know where it's inevitably headed, and that makes me sad. It makes me want to pull up the railroad track and divert the car before the crash.

I just thought we needed a little perspective in the mix. Before anyone (on screen or off screen) reads a hurtful comment that was never meant to be hurtful - but ended up that way, even so.

Amanda gets print-outs from the message boards, from time to time.

((nickatell)) I'm sorry if you felt I was trying to sensor your point of view, I honestly and truly wasn't. I'm all for (loudly and proudly) voicing our storyline points of view in here--positive and negative.

mini(geek)

I'm the one who said she got implants. I'm sorry you think it was hitting below the belt however it was in magazines and was said at a convention and was shown in a full photo shoot where she was naked wrapped in an American flag. She wasn't embarressed then and not now. Now if she got implants because she had breast cancer that is hitting below the belt. If I can find the site where they talk about her implants, I will send you the infor. but it was two years ago and I'm getting old and wasn't that important for me to remember. AT would be the first one to tell anyone she is not a saint and doesn't want to be considered one. I'm sorry I posted the infor. in the first place but I thought it was common knowledge and it's a secret!

trupi
September 21st, 2005, 12:43 PM
Magazine was Femme Fatale. What issue I'm trying to find out.

sueKay
September 21st, 2005, 12:58 PM
It was Femme Fatales - Volume 13, Issue 7

Haven't found the interview

I hope she hasn't had implants though...I find it quite disheartening really :(

Anywho...enough of that...

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!

stargate barbie
September 21st, 2005, 01:08 PM
It was Femme Fatales - Volume 13, Issue 7

Haven't found the interview

I hope she hasn't had implants though...I find it quite disheartening really :(

Anywho...enough of that...

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!
i really don't care if she has or not. if she has, it looks great and natural, but i don't see what concern it is of mine so long as it doesn't affect her amazing acting talent, and it hasn't so...

whose up for some cookies!?!

trupi
September 21st, 2005, 01:15 PM
i really don't care if she has or not. if she has, it looks great and natural, but i don't see what concern it is of mine so long as it doesn't affect her amazing acting talent, and it hasn't so...

Why would anyone can if she got implants? It's her own business, I only made the comment in the original post as joke that TPTB would use them to attract more male viewers to SG-1 because they're making the Sam character act as if she is a Femme Fatale. I only didn't realize that some of the shippers didn't know. AT was positive about it!

Rogue
September 21st, 2005, 01:17 PM

Yep, its her body, if it makes her feel better about herself, then hey go for it. It is one of those things that when you have it done you can't really hide it. Besides hiding it defeats the purpose of having it done. :p

trupi
September 21st, 2005, 01:27 PM
Yep, its her body, if it makes her feel better about herself, then hey go for it. It is one of those things that when you have it done you can't really hide it. Besides hiding it defeats the purpose of having it done. :p
Well said Rogue! Maybe her agent told her, she would get more jobs if she got them enlarged. She is an actress also looking for a good part to play. she's not going to stay on SG-1 forever.

sueKay
September 21st, 2005, 01:40 PM
I'm sorry...I'm completely against plastic surgery unless it's for medical reasons...I find it vain and a waste of money...what's the point in AT asking fans to donate to charities when she goes and blows money on something like that? I know it's her money, but c'mon!

AT talks about strong women and being a role model...what sort of message is it to send out that if you get a boob job you'll get more jobs...is her worth as an actress dependant on her looks?

I wish I had a figure like ATs (before her enhancements) but even if I had all the money in the world, I wouldn't go under the knife.

Totally against it...totally totally totally

I'll be back when I'm in a better mood.

stargate barbie
September 21st, 2005, 02:14 PM
i said: who. wants. some cookies!?!

galaxy
September 21st, 2005, 03:01 PM

I WANT COOKIES!!!!! :D :D :D

Ship Nana
September 21st, 2005, 03:06 PM

Did someone say COOKIES?!

Well then we have:

BLUE with PURPLE chips and TURQUOISE and INDIGO sprinkles on top SHIPPER COOKIE – This cookie will help get rid of PMS (PostMoebiusSyndrome) and will allow shippers to return to their usual POSITIVE, LOVING BUNCH.

HOLIDAY SHIPPER COOKIES - contain a SPECIAL SHIPPER NUTMEG! (special shipper nutmeg - made up of regular nutmeg enhanced with MM's happy pills)

Ship Nana's Psycho Shipper Cookies - which when dipped in the beverage of your choice allows all inhibitions to simply melt away!

Mala’s Thunk Shipper Cookie – These shipper cookies, when eaten while looking at Mala’s genius creations of photos and other pictures, will allow shippers to thunk for the character of their choice (mostly RDA) and realize why they love Sam and Jack. I thunk, therefore I am!

mei mei's Special Happy Pill Shipper Cookie - They are made from the combined ingredients of mei mei's medicine cabinet. It allows shippers to be in a drugged induced haze to prevent them from losing their minds!

Pale Green Shipper Cookie - used for medicinal purposes only by sick shippers - this cookie is full of Shipper Love and Ship Nana's chicken soup

Pink Shipper Cookies - Increases Creativity and Brain Power for Shipping

Green Shipper Cookies - Stops Pit-ranting and rant withdrawal and redirects focus to Ship

Red Shipper Cookies - Makes ship lurkers into ship posters
(take the red pill, Neo-shippers)

Blue Shipper Cookies - Dreamy Shipper Bliss

Purple Shipper Cookies - Warm and Fuzzy Shipping

Orange Shipper Cookies - Disoriented Shipping

Chocolate Shipper Cookies - Rich and Luscious Shipping (especially when served warm - good for when nothing else will do) Also, for stocking up while on extended absenses from S/J Thread.

Gray Shipper Cookies - Snarkiness Shipper Cookie

Lime Shipper Cookies - gives the illusion of Shipper Greatness. They allow the Shipper to dream really BIG!!!!!!

Naquadah Enhanced Anti-Ranting Shipper Cookies – If you have to eat these Shipper Cookies you are so desperate that you probably won't care what they are for.
P.S. - Disclaimer - Since these Shipper Cookies are probably radioactive please take the appropriate precautions when handling.

Rosy Shipper Cookies - wipes out the memories of bad spoilers and desolves the desire to read spoilers

SUBLIMINAL Shipper Cookies – Makes TPTB believe that Ship was their idea

Turquoise Shipper Cookies - which are the super duper magnificent spectacular love enhanced shipper cookies

Motion Sickeness Shipper Cookies - when eaten prevents motion sickness from TPTB shipper rollercoaster ride.
Dark Red Shipper Cookies - These will stop Kinsey ranting and any feelings of queasiness related to any thoughts about Kinsey, such as a Kinsey-in-love-with-Sam thought

Indigo Shipper Cookies - helps us all remain blissfully ignorant of anything negative to our ship

Margarita shipper cookie. It works on drowning your sorrows, or celebrating your shipper glee. :D

EVERY COLOR SHIPPER COOKIE - which erases shipper memories of all bad spoilers, episodes, and character appearances that depress shippers and replaces them with positive Sam/Jack memories. This shipper cookie was created in Honor of the 2nd ANNUAL CELEBRATION! ITS SHIP DAY JULY 28TH, 2004. It is guaranteed to keep all shippers in only the best shipper mood.

HALLELUIAH OUR SHIP HAS COME IN SHIPPER COOKIE – this is a WEDDING WHITE shipper cookie and is eaten in joyful celebration when Sam and Jack finally admit their feelings to one another and decide that they should be together.

and the all time favorite:

YELLOW SHIPPER COOKIES – (HWMS)

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/suz_k/yellowcookies.jpg
Courtesy of SueKay's Tribute to Shipper Cookies

sueKay
September 21st, 2005, 03:08 PM
I want some cookies... are there any Anti-depression cookies?????

Stargate: Arpegia - the teaser - is up - http://s3.invisionfree.com/Stargate_Intel/index.php?showtopic=287 - and there's a little bit of S/J ship..nice and subtle...

sueKay
September 21st, 2005, 03:11 PM
Nana - I want lots of Margarita cookies please :D

galaxy
September 21st, 2005, 03:13 PM
Did someone say COOKIES?!

Well then we have:

((((((((((((((((SHIP NANA))))))))))))))))))

You are here!!!!! And you brought cookies!!!! It can't get better...
I take an Indigo shipper cookie! :D :D :D

stargate barbie
September 21st, 2005, 03:25 PM
nana, i'm drooling right now!

galaxy
September 21st, 2005, 03:33 PM
I've just noticed, that when you google the two words: "sam" and "jack", there are only shipper sites on the first page...I didn't type "sam and jack", I typed "sam" and "jack".
One would think there are plenty of sites on the internet with these two names in them (not exactly rare names), or that you at least get "normal", general Stargate sites, but you only get the ship-related ones.
I like to think that's a sign. :p

sueKay
September 21st, 2005, 03:49 PM
Did a google search for my forum name...7 out of the 10 first page links were for me :D

sueKay
September 21st, 2005, 03:52 PM
Everyone else give it a try...it' funny :D

sg-1fanintn
September 21st, 2005, 04:03 PM
More cookies, anyone?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/newsgoddess/shippercookiebouquet.jpg

Rogue
September 21st, 2005, 04:08 PM
This is my favorite Sam and Jack pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/deathknell.jpg

Daniel's_twin
September 21st, 2005, 04:17 PM
This is my favorite Sam and Jack pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/mkmoulder/Stargate/deathknell.jpg

It is quite nice, isn't it? :cool:

stargate barbie
September 21st, 2005, 06:25 PM
if sam and jack stayed in to watch a movie, what would they watch?
what? i'm in the mood for silly questions.

stargate barbie
September 21st, 2005, 06:26 PM
hey, daniels twin? are you ben browder? ;) :D

majorsal
September 21st, 2005, 06:30 PM
Pete's roses for sam...£24.99

AU Jack and Sam's wedding pic...thousands

Jack and Sam's real wedding pics...priceless

hear, hear!!!

here's to the REAL sam and jack's wedding pics!!! :D

sally :D

Gatetrixer
September 21st, 2005, 06:33 PM
Well, sticking my foot in again like I did before when the subject of whether this should be a "happy place" entirely or a place where we can vent. IMO opinion it should be BOTH! This is the Sam/Jack family discussion thread after all, so let's discuss. And if the thread gets very negative as it does sometimes (anyone remember this thread when we saw those pics of "Assinity" last year?) then someone can come on and cheer us up in some way, hopefully. Or if it's too much sweetness and light for someone, you should be able to put in your two cents, no matter how dark those cents are. Families are not homogenous, unless they're clones. And I might add we have lost people because they didn't like to be called out (at least they thought so) when they were negative and if we have someone leave because of just the opposite situation then this thread might as well be called "the flat-line" thread because it'll be dead!

Nuff said--let's discuss.